• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The last game you beat

After getting a 3DS for Christmas, I FINALLY got my hands on some new games. At the moment, I had just completed my first run of Pokémon Y as well as Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I beat the main story of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon a couple of days ago, I've now finished the epilogue's story as well - that is to say...
I've befriended Mew, been reunited with my partner, and gained the power to evolve the main duo.

Not only did I love the latter half of this game's story, its gameplay has easily been the best of the PMD series. If future games within the franchise take after PSMD I'll be overjoyed. Had a lot of fun with this one. ^^

I just wrapped up EarthBound on the 3DS. I'm definitely no stranger to beating that game, but it's always nice to go back to it. I didn't play it when it was first released - I instead played it for the first time during the N64 era - but I've lost track of how many times I've played through it. I think the only game I've run through more has been Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

That ending gets me every time, though. I adore how you can walk through the whole world again and see what's changed. The photo album over the credits showing all the times the photo guy took your picture (and skipping the set photos that you missed), the cast roll over Runaway Five music, the "I miss you" during the ending song, and your own name as the last acknowledgement... I love it all, and it sends a chill down my spine every time.

Then of course there's the stinger with Picky, and having since played Mother 3, I realized that stinger becomes really sinister.

I've recently beaten Crash Team Racing within 2 days, short of course but I took the time to get every Platinum relic and so I am proud of it with the 101%. And now, I'll head out to play Fallout: New Vegas.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Beat Yokai Watch's main story today. ^^

I'm a bit surprised by how quickly I beat it considering how long other Level 5 JRPGs have been, but I'm not unhappy with the length either. If I'd known how far I already was through the plot when I originally put the game down (several months ago) I'd likely have picked it back up sooner. Really glad that I did return to it, though. The world is so fun to explore, and it was great meeting so many different Yokai once my watch had been upgraded to rank C+.

I just wish that the Yokai weren't such a slog to befriend. XP Hopefully this improves for the next game!

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
The Last Door Collectors Edition series.
Absolutely brilliant game and would love to see a third released in future!
Probably one of my favourite point & click games. Very enjoyable. (: ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Clocking in at about 100hrs and 50mins, I've finally beaten the main story of Tales of Berseria. I loved the game but it's about time that I finished it, dammit! X'D

Like with Tales of Zestiria before it, I refused to beat Berseria until I'd done absolutely all of the side-quests and optional bosses available prior to the post-game. It was a great game while it lasted, and one specific twist right at the end was amazing, but it sadly did have a few gameplay flaws.

There was a lot of mindless backtracking in the game, both for the overall game itself and within the final "dungeon". Some of it was necessary, but much of the backtracking just feels like production of the game was rushed. There are at least two very large, empty plots of land on Berseria's overworld map that are never utilized whatsoever (not even for the post-game), and it screams "unfinished product". It's a big shame because the game was otherwise pretty great - both the plot and characters are strong in this one - I just definitely could've done without the tediousness.

Complaints aside, anyone who's played Tales of Zestiria and even remotely enjoyed it should 100% play Tales of Berseria, too. Not only is Berseria a strong entry within the Tales of franchise in general (and much better than Zestiria overall), it does a wonderful job of building on the world of Zestiria and fleshing out certain concepts/characters from it. Even with Zestiria aside, this game was the whole package: great plot, enjoyable characters, wonderful usage of skits/cut-scenes, and loads of little extras to keep you busy.

Seriously. If you like Tales games, just play it. It's worth it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently I originally started playing Persona 5 on April 6th, and as of yesterday I finally completed the game at 157 hours. Considering that, for the most part, I've been playing this game consistently week to week (outside of taking a short break to play through Puyo Puyo Tetris' adventure mode) this has been one hell of a ride. @_@

In the end, final thoughts are mostly very positive. This was my first proper go at a Persona game and I'm glad that I saw it through to the end. The payoff was most definitely worth it. I managed to max all of my social skills and max ranked all of my confidants but two. The remaining two were rank 9 and rank 8... which was so damn bittersweet after coming so close to maxing everyone. I also loved my entire team. There's not a single character amongst them that I came away not liking. I'll miss you guys. ;_;

That all being said... as a newbie to Persona, it wasn't all sunshine. Persona 5 was very well designed in most regards but as a newcomer I virtually had no idea what I was meant to be doing earlier on in my spare time (and only really figured it out thanks to @Demelza). A few of the more major game mechanics were largely glossed over, too, so I resorted to help guides simply to understand how everything worked. X'D This was very much a game that I enjoyed a lot more once I'd properly grasped all of the ins and outs compared to when I'd first started it.

As much as I loved the characters and plot, doing random shit, hanging out with my confidants, etc., my gods the game is too long. Sure, I took forever to play through it in general, but even the average length most players took to beat it was more than enough. As much as I'm looking forward to someday taking it for another spin on New Game+, you won't see me doing it all over again from scratch. *Sobs at the very thought*

Tl;dr I finally beat Persona 5! *Throws confetti and sobs more*

Last edited:
I just beat Fire Emblem Echoes on Hard/Classic, and I have to say, my god was that a thoroughly exhilarating final battle! This game, despite some frustrating bits here and there, was some of the most fun I've ever had!

This Fire Emblem game is a remake of the second installment in the franchise, Fire Emblem Gaiden, which was originally released in Japan in 1992. The gameplay definitely reflects that, as they basically copy/pasted the map layout and unit placement, with some tweaks here and there. The mechanics are a mixed bag- some were a refreshing change from modern installments in the franchise, and some felt very outdated and were clearly intended to pad out the game back when it had much less dialogue and cutscenes. There are some downright ridiculous antics in this game to slow you down, such as deserts and swamps to slow movement and enemies that spawn more enemies. The maps, while fun at times, were a little wonky, with maps that were too big for no good reason and forts that took forever to breach. However, the remake added in plenty to make this more bearable, such as support boosts and Mila's Turnwheel, a device that allows a player to reverse a bad decision or unfortunate accident a limited amount of times per battle. And as much of a slog it could be at times, the game was still very challenging and thoughtful in its unit placement.

There were also a number of differences from modern Fire Emblem that I rather enjoyed. The World Map allowed for more freedom of movement and decision-making than any other Fire Emblem game I've played. Towns could be visited to talk to NPCs. There were many, many sidequests that were both fun and rewarding. The dungeons were a blast to explore, containing much in the way of treasure and experience. The game even had fun with the fact that you had two different, seperate armies controlled by duel protagonists (which was itself a novel idea), with Peddlers to send items between armies and one army's actions affecting the other.

The story and characters, while not exactly revolutionary or fresh, were presented beautifully due to stellar writing and fantastic character designs, voice acting, and cutscenes( though these could be a little wonky). I loved all the characters in my army(s) with the exception of Faye, for reasons that should be quite clear to anyone who has played this game. Alm and Celica were both badass but deeply-flawed lovers that wanted nothing but a peaceful life together, but fate would not allow them that, and I felt more and more sorry for them as the burdens they carried increased.

Lastly, the music. One of the best final boss themes I have ever heard aside, this soundtrack was really something special. Each piece did a great job of immersing me in this game, from the enemy and ally battle themes to the world map themes. I can tell the composer had fun with Berkut's second theme! ;)

Overall, I had a lot of fun with the game despite its outdated gameplay mechanics due to refreshing differences and amazing presentation. The story surprised me with how complex and mature it was, with little-to-no black and white morality to found. All the villains had understandable motivations (except Desaix, the classic mustache-twirling villain), and the game did a great job of showing how both Duma's AND Mila's ideals could have disastrous consequences. This is a 9/10 game, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who likes tactical RPGs, although I should warn anyone that does play this that the game can be rather frustrating at times, particularly on Hard difficulty.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
e40191f60dcb52c7263ca865f22404295ecfa6e9.jpg
9e7cb92db3aff8f5628fd4870df19db3fe39ae40.jpg

The last two games that I played and 100% completed were Downfall and LiEat.
Downfall had me in a total mess for a few days due to the story revolving around one of the characters that I most related to.
LiEat is very humorous, sweet and fun to play, however, it is very emotional towards the end too. Both fabulous games!

7a9e2e2a14fef95645707972dbb3cc5340fc2870.jpg
0686e65bbe798f8364b7e9833e645bcc40df540e.jpg

Currently, I'm planning to complete a game called Claire and DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition.

Last game I finished was far cry 5 and honestly, the endings sucked, to put it simply without spoiling it, you've got the bad ending, the worse ending and the terrible ending. But that said, the game play is amazing and it doesn't lose its charm even when you finish because of all the activities you can do

So... I decided to finally beat my childhood game of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars a few weeks ago when I figured out that the last mission needed you to actually use the sword to counter an attack instead of attempting to kill a person that’s scripted to not die in normal means. (I also decided to go for 100%, and let’s just say that getting perfect scores was really a huge pain for my huttons.)

Celeste. Really a fantastic game. If you like Super Meat Boy or challenging platformers, get this game. I can say nothing but praise for it, really.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Life is Strange. It's actually a great game which I had a blast playing through. Incase you don't know what Life is Strange is, It's about a girl called Max who moves to her hometown to go to a Photography academy called Blackwell and she learns she can reverse time. I can't say much more without spoiling anything but I recommend it. If you like games about Moral Dilemmas and a great story with twists and plot turns, I think the game is for you. I played it on IOS (Even though It costed like 5$ for episode 1 and like 12$ for the rest and it was a bit buggy during parts near the end) but it is available on other consoles.

The last game I completed was God of War: Ascension. Great game, the graphics are outstanding, and it´s mechanichs are pretty interesting. Got all the trophies.

The last game I actually beat was 'Pokemon - Dark Rising' and that was like 3 years ago (well, if you count Pokemon MewYou that was like 4 months ago but anyways), just goes to show how often I finish games.

Uncharted 2. I know, I'm way behind. In my defense, I only recently got a console other than a Wii. Since I received my PS4, I've been playing the Uncharted series (I started the third one recently), Human Fall Flat (great game- check it out), and the Arkham series. Hyped for Spiderman!

640017_Life_is_Strange_Logo.png

The last game I beat was "Life is Strange". I think this is, without a doubt, the best game I ever played. This game is so good at f-ing with your mind. A lot of tough decisions, a great story and characters, amazing visuals. It´s just so good for me :,D. It´s OST is one of the best I ever heard. Pretty good game, 10/10.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
640017_Life_is_Strange_Logo.png

The last game I beat was "Life is Strange". I think this is, without a doubt, the best game I ever played. This game is so good at f-ing with your mind. A lot of tough decisions, a great story and characters, amazing visuals. It´s just so good for me :,D. It´s OST is one of the best I ever heard. Pretty good game, 10/10.
Life is strange is a great game... Glad to know you like it.

Anyway, the game i've played recently is... Zero Escape: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.(there isn't any logo's i could find so heres the box art for the DS... I only recently played the first game in the series and I love it.

Anyway, this game is a visual novel game with puzzles and is inspired by the Saw Franchise... I feel like this game is underrated. The game has some amazing characters (My personal favourite being Santa [And no not as in Santa Claus]) and Multiple Endings... I don't want to spoil much so i'm just gonna say to play it if you want it and you aren't squeamish

The last game I played was LEGO Marvel Superheroes for the PS3. It was pretty interesting and fun, with lots of things to do and characters to play as. The bad thing is that some characters have the same abilities, so (for example) is the same if you play as The Hulk or Juggernaut, or if you play as Jean Grey or Galactus. They have some differences, like for example: Thor and Storm can use electricity, but Thor can fly, and Storm can put of fires. Some side missions are pretty boring and repetitive, and they become nuisances if you want to complete the game 100% (which I did).

The next games I´ll play are the Jak and Daxter and the DmC trilogies.

The Stanley Parable, though it was only one "ending". It's probably one of the most open ended "walking simulators" I've seen, and probably the best one. Check it out if it's on sale, because it's a very witty and interesting game.

Last edited:
Tomb Raider :3 Its fun even though some parts are really hard and i really rage hard. Some unexpected lags too. but overall its really fun!

Life is strange is a great game... Glad to know you like it.

Anyway, the game i've played recently is... Zero Escape: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.(there isn't any logo's i could find so heres the box art for the DS... I only recently played the first game in the series and I love it.

Anyway, this game is a visual novel game with puzzles and is inspired by the Saw Franchise... I feel like this game is underrated. The game has some amazing characters (My personal favourite being Santa [And no not as in Santa Claus]) and Multiple Endings... I don't want to spoil much so i'm just gonna say to play it if you want it and you aren't squeamish
Isn't the creator of Zero Escape made danganronpa too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider-Man for PS4. I beat it to 100%. Every single side mission. Every single crime.

I've now moved on to the DLC. Overall, this game is fantastic. Would recommend for anyone with a PS4.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Th Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was the last game I beat. The thing is, it is so hard to complete it 100%, because there are the shrines (oh, those shrines - there's 120 in total) and countless sidequests, not to mention the Korok seeds. There's also the to DLC game additions, which I look forward to getting. Give me that Majora's Mask! Anyway, I was disappointed at the end of the game. The main quest itself is not too difficult, it just takes a while to complete (especially for me, because I completed the Hyrule Compendium in the process. I also anted to see every inch of the map). The main boss is Calamity Ganon, but it was surprisingly easy to beat. Now, I won't give out spoilers, but there's another boss after Calamity Ganon, and that was easy - too easy.

But, seriously, it is such a good game. I highly recommend getting it. The story line is probably the best story line the the Zelda series.

T

Tarak0na

Super Smash Bros Ultimaaaaaaate!

Well, uh, technically? I have every spirit, every achievement (no hammers), every fighter, completed WoL, and I'm pretty sure every non-grindy milestone, but I'm still working on getting every spirit to level 99 (super duper close!! I can almost taste it...)

I beat Metroid Prime (GameCube) after 100% completing it (all scan data and all power-ups and expansions). I was going to do the same for Metroid Prime 2, but I switched memory cards. XD Now, I have to start over, but the games are super fun.

Technically, I beat the end game of Anthem, but only through a friend, as I helped him beat the final boss... I am not even halfway through the game, yet. XD