• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Last Game You Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I know for certain that many people don't always finish what they play. :p So what's the last game that you beat? By "beat" I'm referring to having beaten the main story or the main scenario/solo mode/etc. You don't need to have 100% completed the game.

Anyways, for me it was Pokemon Black, which I finally, after months of not touching it, finished off last night. I also recently battled the final boss/watched the credits for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. That boss just sort've popped up out of nowhere tbh.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Probably whatever I got for Christmas... I don't remember getting any games for my birthday, so yeah, probably Christmas stuff. So that'd be Pokémon Rumble Blast (or whatever they call it here :p), and Mario Kart 7.

I'd also say Mario Tennis Open, but there really isn't much to beat unless you count going through the cups and beating those once. I've also almost finished the third Professor Layton game too with the fourth waiting for my attention sometime during the summer.

Hmmm...I just beat the main story for two different games yesterday. One was Pokemon Black. Ghetsis's Hydreigon was surprisingly easy. I just let it attack my Samurott, then I followed up with Revenge.

Needless to say, it dropped like a stone.

The other game was also Nintendo DS. Ever heard of Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light?

It wasn't the best Final Fantasy game I'd ever played, but I enjoyed the battle themes. I also liked the two most powerful spells, Lux and Desolator. Lux, the legendary white magic, was the one I used more, and I found it VERY helpful against the demons controlling all seven kingdoms. I preferred Magic Might over Desolator, but it was still a powerful spell.

Also, I'm nearing completion in Pokemon Emerald(for the twentieth time). I taking on the Elite Four with Blaziken, Magneton, Vileplume, Pelipper, Gardevoir, and Mightyena.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLKMaUev ... F77AFA69E1

That's a link to the entire soundtrack for Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light. It's on Youtube, but this is just a link to one of the videos in the whole playlist.

11 and 12: Boss Battle

31 and 32: Demon Lord Boss Battle

38 and 39: Chaos(Final Battle)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Technically I beat the main story of Pokemon Conquest~ Though I still have all the other stuff to do. Goodness me <<

And then I also beat Pokemon Black last year, or something. And one of my few Touhou games on super easy mode, because I fail that much |D

Final Fantasy for me as well, except it's a Wii title- Namely Crystal Bearers. It was fun, and brilliant both graphically and soundwise, although it suffered from the same issues a lot of Wii games suffer from; Bad camera angles, control issues, and the fact that point-click-move combat systems are terribly difficult to use with a Wiimote.

I still found it enjoyable, because of the aforementioned graphics and music, along with the story and scenery. The final boss was hard as nails, but really, really epic as well.

The next game I'm hoping to finish is Sin & Punishment; Successor of the Skies, a cyberpunk rail shooter on the Wii that might as well have been called Miniboss; The Game because it's mostly just boss after boss. Regardless, it's very good, with amazing monster and character designs, diverse combat systems and surroundings.

If you ever come accross either of the two in stores, go for it.

I beat Pokemon Black most recently, a few weeks ago.

As for what I'm hoping to beat in future...

StarCraft II. Multiplayer. ...so yeah that's never going to happen. If it does, I'll buy Charms Island for us all.

Oooh oooh! The last game I beat was Brink! Its a lovely FPS. The story is kind of short but challenging! I beat one of the main stories since there is one for each side, and of course I choose the path of Justice =w= But as well I also leveled my character up all the way! The character customization is good as well and the rewards for levels and challenges are fair. In terms of FPS play its pretty basic but sliding and the jump and climbing system is a nice new feature. Ive dropped 20 hours into it in the past 4 days easily ^^; Never played online but I would think its pretty fair...I would hope :x

Wow, this thread shames me. The last game I beat was Pokemon Black and that was ages ago lol. I really need to pick up some 3DS games.

The last game I beat was Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It's not a new game, but I just beat it a little bit ago. The Old West story was decent, but the gameplay was what I really played for. Combat was fast, epic and full of amazing "concentration" shooting techniques.

Rex

Resident Furry
During the time my internet was completely out, I completed Pokemon Conquest's main story, as well as several of the extra ones, and marathoned Resident Evil: Revelations from start to end. Fun times.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Just like quite a few other people in here, I beat the main story of Pokemon Conquest (along with plowing my way through a lot of the other scenarios).

Other than that the only game that I have beaten lately is Arkham City. This is what happens when you don't have your 360 at school with you, kids. It takes you about 8 months to beat a game because you just don't have time to play it. >:T

The last game I beat was Skyward Sword, but that was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

If it counts, I'm almost about to finish Kingdom Hearts 3D~

I just beat Pokemon Conquest, which was an amazing game. It's hard remembering all the names though. :?

Also, I went back to playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and I finally reached level 70.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I beat Max Payne 3 a few weeks ago. Not a bad game, but not quite as good as I hoped it would be. Still, can't beat jumping around shooting people in the head in slow motion. :p

I beat Kingdom Hearts 3D a rough two weeks ago... I'd bought the game four days earlier, so you can tell I played the shit out of that game xD Definitely recommend it to any KH fans, though you might have wanted to play at least most of the other games first, cos it's pretty heavy on the story... Don't wanna spoil anything though :D The ending is just so really fucking cool though...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Finished Conquest a few days ago. I enjoyed the Main Story, but the post-game stuff annoys me. I won't spoil it for anyone though. Also, only being able to use the passwords once is a load of poop. I used one and the place the swarm should have spawned in got invaded that turn, so even though I re-took the city it wouldn't let me access the wild Pokemon area to get my swarm. Poop I say!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
Finished Conquest a few days ago. I enjoyed the Main Story, but the post-game stuff annoys me. I won't spoil it for anyone though. Also, only being able to use the passwords once is a load of poop. I used one and the place the swarm should have spawned in got invaded that turn, so even though I re-took the city it wouldn't let me access the wild Pokemon area to get my swarm. Poop I say!
The swarm code is annoying, yes. Thankfully I haven't been screwed by it yet. :x

As for the post-game, I hated it at first too. After spending all that time building up those links it was disheartening to suddenly lose it. Then I played a scenario and it was kind of "eh". Then I played Hideyoshi's quest and holy crap I suddenly realized the awesomeness of the post-game. Plus, getting links up becomes pretty easy (especially when you use Guardian Charms to defeat whole Kingdoms with a single Pokemon :V).

So with the post-game I just have to say to give it a chance, because it becomes a whole lot of fun when you start getting some awesome Warlords under your control.

I finished Kingdom Hearts 3D yesterday. Brilliant game, glad I got it finished.

Before that... Hmm...

I can't actually remember xD I think it might have been Kid Icarus: Uprising, but that was months ago.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm nearing the end of White 2 but can't count it as beaten quite yet, however myself and one of my younger sister's beat Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure this past Sunday to make way for the sequel. Playing through the entire game cooperatively was fun. :)

Edit: Have now beaten Pokemon White 2 as well. Good game~

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Recently, I completed Shadow of Memories for the Playstation 2 and Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox.
Right now, I'm trying to finish Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing how the last post in this thread was four months ago, this counts as gravedigging. Read the forum rules please and pay attention to when was a topic last posted in before posting.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.