• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Last Airbender RP, Mysteries in Ba Sing Se!

Now, now. I know this anime is kinda outdated, nevertheless - I shall proceed with the RP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my own version of an Avatar: Last Airbender RP!
I will simply explain the lore and state the rules below, please post your bios here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/mysteries-in-ba-sing-se-discussion.17130/ :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lore - The fire nation has attacked - pillaging and destroying everything within their path. The Avatar has gone missing! But that is the least of your worries - the ravenous fire nation will strike at any given moment, and you must be prepared. On the lighter note - word has it that the Air nomads are still alive, and they are spreading their secrets and power to those who are worthy! They say that the group will travel to the great city of Ba Sing Se - and refugees from all over are traveling there. It seems that it is the safest place to be....Or is it...?

Rules -
  1. Please read the 'General RolePlay Rules' before RPing here.
  2. No god-modding - use your bending accurately.
  3. The RP itself takes place in the midst of the fire nation invasion.
  4. For RP purposes - you can choose your element to be fire, but you will be treated harshly
  5. You're permitted to create a clan of your own - and/or join one.
  6. I am afraid you cannot be a spirit.
  7. You MAY be an Airbender, but you must travel to Ba Sing Se and speak to the nomads to gain the element.
  8. LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....HAAAAAVVVVEEE FUN!

Last edited:
Tailio walked through the dense forest - staying on the roughly made trails. After he had walked for what seemed to be hours, he took a brief rest - and sat upon a rock. He twirled his fingers, causing little pieces of Earth started to float around them. He looked at the chunks of ground in awe, then perked his head up - focusing his ears. Somebody is coming... he thought, then got up - looking around. Booming voices had been heard, coming from the south. As the sound drew near, he noticed that there was 3 fire-benders - in standard uniform. Tailio quickly ducked behind the rock he had sat upon, then put his back against it. The men stopped talking then gazed at the rock he was hiding behind - they slowly approached it. "Who is there?" the bigger one demanded, "Maybe it's an animal," one suggested. The man peered over the rock, and glanced at the boy on the other side. "Hey, you-" the man was cut off to a punch in the face.

The man stepped back - nose bleeding, then raised his hand, fire loomed over it - then he stroke down, making a little ember-whip. Tailio just dodged the attack, then dove behind a grand tree. He raised a little pillar of Earth, then swiped on the flat surface of it - cyclones of earth discs flew towards the Fire-Benders. The little one had been rendered unconscious, but the other two had just got some scratches. They charged, sending bursts of fire - blazing towards him. The ball of fire had went straight into the tree, but just voided around it, burning Tailio. He grimaced at the pain; the fire had burned into his clothes. Tailio raised a wall of earth - surrounding him, then began to think of a plan.

Shane was walking around the forest walking wondering off the trail. He kept walking, getting bored he started twirling his fingers to create beautiful flames. He kept exploring until he heard the sound of earth bending. He ran to see what was going on, he saw three fire nation soldiers and what he assumed was a lone earth bender. He ran straight a head at the fire nation soldiers throwing a punch, hitting a fire bender.

While he was in his little earth shelter, he had heard something rustle in the leaves - after that, one of the Fire-Benders had seemed to groan - as if in pain. Tailio lowered his wall, then examined the boy in shock, as he stood with his fish clenched. While the other soldier was on the ground, ready to get back up - he took his opportunity to attack the other one, close behind him - who was looking with widened eyes to what had just happened. Tailio pivoted his foot, thrusting it into the ground - sending a shock wave of earth headed straight towards the fire benders feet, it was a little off, but it managed to snag his leg, throwing him to ground. The only one left was the remaining one - who was punched by the mysterious boy.

Shane looked back to see a shockwave of earth knock a fire bender off his feet. He looked around to see the last fire nation soldier left, the one Shane punched. Shane took a step back and threw a straight punch causing fire to come out of his fist burning the fire nation soldier. While he was distracted Shane did a roundhouse kick connecting to the fire benders face, knocking him to the ground with a loud thump.

The ground began to rumble, as Tailio placed his hands upon the rough soil - with an intensifying face. Little spikes of earth flew upwards, making a small prison for the Fire-Nation scum. Although it was not perfect, it would hold them off longer. He diverted his attention towards the boy, then smiled - and stood, previously kneeling. He had reached out his hand towards the bender, "I am Tailio, thanks for helping me, I could have been as good as dead!" he exclaimed. "So, which side are you on?" he pondered, "You know, since you are a FireBender," he asked nervously, cautious of the random persons bending.

Shane looked at the earth bender and responded to his question "Well I'm not really on a side but if I had to be I wouldn't be on the same side as the fire nation soldiers, I don't agree with what there doing." Shane put out his hand for a lengthy had shake. "Oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself" He said. "My names Shane as you saw I'm a fire bender". Shane said trying not to get on Talio's bad side.

He nodded at the statement, then had grabbed his back-pack - he had previously dropped. "Anyway, I am headed to Ba Sing Se, It was great to meet you!" he exclaimed, then walked down the trail - once more, making the rocks float within his fingers, shattering them, then reattaching. He was not that far ahead of the boy, when he suspected that it would be rude if he just left. "You can tag along if you're headed the same direction..." he spoke boldly.

Last edited:
Roya sighed, obviously tired. She had been walking around this forest for hours, aimlessly making turn after turn until she deemed herself lost. Clicking her tongue, she bent some water out of her canteen and took a sip, sending the rest right back into it's capsule. Suddenly, she heard voices. People! Someone to help me get out of this stupid forest! She ran, following the sound of the voices. She then reached a clearing, with two boys standing there. "Hello!"

Willow held on to her leopard dog, Wild, as she raced through the forest, shooting a rock at a target. She pushed her fist up happily, her jet black hair shaking in the breeze. "Wow! It's so nice to get away from Ba Sing Se for a while!" She laughed, patting Wild on the neck. Panting, Wild ran faster.

Soren strolled through the forest enjoying the scenery. He saw a girl on a Leopard dog fly past him, smiled, and continued walking. Suddenly, he heard a commotion as the sound of flames roaring through the air echoed through the silence. He headed toward the sound of the chaos and found two boys with a girl approaching. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his trousers and walked towards the group. Looking at the ground, he saw a number of Fire Nation soldiers' bodies strewn across the grass. Soren whistled, impressed. "This is quite a scene."

Last edited:
After meeting the boy, he let him rest on the offer - then proceeded to walk. A call was heard, just as he started to leave, and he turned to see a girl, coming into the clear. "Greetings!" he called to her, and trotted over, a little cautious of the girl.

"What brings you around here?" he pondered, then was interrupted in thought when another being made its way over to the little group. What are the odds...? he questioned, smiling at the boy who gazed at the scene before him.

"Yeah, we certainly did a number on them.." he rubbed the back of his head, then looked back up to the two new people introduced. "Where are you guys headed?" he asked, then leaned on the nearby tree.

Soren folded his arms and leaned against a tree as well. "Well, to be honest, I don't know. My parents want me to head over to Ba Sing Se, since there are rumors that it's a place where people can be safe from the Fire Nation and all that, but I kinda want to fight them. It seems fun."

Willow did a backflip off of Wild once he had slowed down, landing on her feet. "We'll just rest, then go back." Wild shook his fur. "I'll take that as a yes." Wild laid down, and Willow climbed on his back and looked at the clouds, twirling rocks between her fingers.

Tailio was surprised when he told him that he wanted to fight, because Tailio wanted to do the opposite. "Well, if you do pursue that goal, then be careful, the Fire Nation are a lot stronger than you'd think." he approached the boy, then extended his hand. "I am Tailio, its a pleasure to meet you." he held his hand in place, smiling at his new-found acquaintance.

Willow smiled, breaking a rock and throwing the pieces at a nearby tree. She sighed. "Borrrrrrred." She groaned. "C'mon boy. Let's go back to Ba Sing Se." She patted Wild's neck, the leopard dog standing, Willow leaping on her companion. "Let's go boy!" She shouted, racing back home.

Soren grinned back and shook Tailio's hand. "Soren Karos. A pleasure. And don't worry; I can hold my own pretty darn well." He chuckled and looked around. "And you two? I never got your names either."

After the two met, Tailio had perked his head upwards, glancing left to right. "Do you hear that..?" he whispered ponderously, then held his hands in the air - focusing intensely, as he eyed the ground. Crunch....CRUNCH... using his bending, he can sense if something was approaching. And something was.

Tailio raised a little cyclone of earth that drifted around him, then trudged silently through the forest, ignoring the others. As he reached a new opening to another trail, he gazed at a leopard dog, galloping with a girl atop it. They didn't seem to notice him, but he could not know for sure. They could be Fire Nation.. he thought.

"Wait up-" he yelled at the girl and her hound, but they had been going at a lot faster than he was. It must've seemed like a little peep of sound, as he was far away.

He sighed then dropped the rocks hovering around him, relaxing from the lack of weight he carried.

"Anyway, if you're headed down there, I'm sure we could all go together - to be sure that nothing sneaks up from behind." he called, chuckling.

Last edited:
Wild was panting hard now. "Can you keep going, bud? Ba Sing Se is in sights!" She encouraged her partner. He shook his head and laid down, right there on the spot. "Hey! What was that noise!?" Something shouted. Uh oh! Fire Nation! She thought, making a rock tent, thinking of a plan. "Ok. I'll throw disks of stone at them, then think of something else." She shoved the rocks down and made disks of stone, shooting one of the soldiers, then the second. She then put her foot on one, and made a temporary cage for the other. The one she had her foot on shot a flaming ball at her, hitting her in the arm. She flew off of the soldier, pummeling to the ground in pain.

It was a bright, sunny day and Aon kind of wished it to rain any soon. Because air was too dusty lately, and that was bothering. At least, that was all he was thinking while he was escaping. It was not that he underestimated fire nation soldiers, but, he just got used to it.

Thanks to his connection with the air, he was running fast. He took a second to look behind, hoping to see if fire nation soldiers were still following him. At that specific moment, he did not see the group who were having a conversation, and just crashed onto one of those guys.

Suddenly, Soren felt footsteps in the earth. Very fast footsteps. He looked in the direction of the source but alas, he was too late. The newcomer collided into Soren as the two fell to the ground roughly. Soren got back up groggily and dusted himself off. "What the heck?"

She let out a short groan before getting into a sitting position. "Wild?" She called, her leopard dog bounding toward her. Licking the girl's face, Wild let out a deafening bark in her ear. "Ok! Ok! I know you're happy to see me!" She laughed. She looked at the burn on her arm. "Thank goodness he's gone. If you hadn't scared him off, which I think you did, I would be burnt toast!" She chuckled. She grabbed a few leaves, tying them together to make an okay bandage. You could still see the burn, but it was okay. She stumbled to her feet and climbed onto Wild. "Let's go." Wild bounded toward Ba Sing Se.

"Oh? Uh... What?"

Aon slowly stood up, looking carefully at who he crashed onto. He was as surprised as the other but he quickly apologized. "I am sorry. I am running away from the fire nation soldiers. Wait, are you one of them? Probably not, 'cos they always stink bad." He explained. He sighed before continueing. "I guess they lost me. My name is Aon. Who are you guys, what are you doing in the middle of this forest?"

"Who knows, I might actually be a stinkin' Fire Nation soldier," Soren muttered under his breath and straightened up. "I'm Soren, and you said there were Fire Nation soldiers? Point in the direction they were chasing you

Aon pointed out the way he came from. "This way. I don't think they could follow me up until here." Aon explained. "I am actually trying to get to Ba Sing Se, which is thought to be safe."

She approached a group of people, jumping off her leopard dog. She held up a rock disk, unaware if they were spies for the Fire Nation. "Hello." She muttered.

Tailio was unable to comprehend all of the new people joining in, spilling out from ominous places within the forest. Another noise was heard, but this time it was the sound of raw force, pressuring the air around it. A flame pillowed above a tree, not far away from him. Fire nation he thought, running towards the scene.

As he got closer, he noticed another Earth bender - with her ravenous leopard dog not far behind. Ignoring the new face that had arrived, near Soren.

She had taken care of the fire benders, then approached the group, seemingly injured from the hit she endured. The girl was cautious, so he slowly crept near her, and held his hands up. "We are harmless-" he was caught of guard when something blasted him backward.

He'd thought it was another fire bender, but no, it was much larger. A flail had been whacked into his chest, knocking him backwards.

Four rhinos emerged from dust, carrying fire benders, and by the expression on their faces, they weren't there for a tea party.

Soren raised a brow as he saw Tailio suddenly run off somewhere. He noticed a pillar of fire erupt nearby and followed the boy to the source. Suddenly, Tailio was knocked aside with a flail as Fire Nation soldiers mounted on rhinos advanced. Soren grinned widely and pumped his fists in the air. "YES!" He flexed his fingers as a slab of rock flew from the ground and wrapped itself around Soren's body, creating a suit of armor. The soldier that had knocked Tailio away swung his flail at Soren as well, but to no avail, as Soren easily knocked the weapon away with a fist and lunged forward, knocking the soldier off its beast with a solid punch to the ribs. He stomped one foot, and two other rhinos went flying, their riders along with them. The last remaining soldier watched with wide eyes as his comrades fell to the ground and cursed out loud as he shot a blast of fire at Soren. Soren dodged the blast, weaving around it as he got in closer. The soldier screamed with fear but was quickly cut off as Soren silenced him with an elbow to the temple. He looked around at the scene as his armor retracted and walked over to Tailio, reaching out his hand to help him up. "You okay?"

Well, that was eventful. She thought, looking at her arm, the burn showing, as the leaf bandage had fallen off. She looked up at the others. "You guys alright?" She muttered. She wasn't used to being by many people, and if she was, she was usually ignored or fought.

He gazed in awe as the boy took down the soldiers. Geez, that's twice I've been saved... he slowly got up, grabbing Soren's hand, "Thanks, that could've went a lot worse if you hadn't been here," he chuckled.
Tailio swung his hand upwards- directed towards the fire bender, a little rock-pillar erupted from the soil, grasping the soldiers collar. "Who sent you here?!" he shouted in the broad man's face. "Go to he-hell.." he coughed blood- still weary from the beating he received. The pillar collapsed, causing the man to crumble with it, rock littered among his body.

"Well, we should be leaving; now that we caused this ruckus, I assume they will be after us." he stated, then grabbed his pack that he again, dropped.

Last edited:
She shrugged. "Eh, I gotta meet Jay anyways." She muttered. She leapt onto Wild, patting his neck. "Let's go!" She shouted to her leopard dog. Wild shot her a look that said, You're really gonna just leave them behind, even after they just saved you from Fire Nation soldiers? Humans sometimes... She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Wild." Wild huffed before stomping toward Ba Sing Se. She slowed down. "You guys going to Ba Sing Se too?" She called to the group, a few feet in front of them.

Everything happened in a minute and Aon just observed how those people were fighting. When everything was over, people were preparing to leave. "Yeah, I am going to Ba Sing Se." He explained. Weirdly, all others were seemingly going there.

The wind rustled a little, as Tailio had started to walk along side the Leopard dog, and it's rider. "It's settled then," he exclaimed, "We are all headed to Ba Sing Se." when walking, he noticed that one of the soldiers had a rather odd symbol upon his helm. What the... he thought, as he trotted over to the man.

The helmet did indeed have a peculiar marking compared to the others- it was white with a silver gem in the middle of it.

Tailio shrugged, then proceeded out into the trail, flicking rocks away with his but of his foot- that were in his way.

"Well, if you need a ride, you can ride Wild here." She offered. Wild let out a short huff, as if to say, Now I have to deal with MORE humans? Ugh. She laughed. "Cmon Wild. It's just bit of a ride!" She patted his neck, trying to comfort her partner. Wild rolled his blue eyes.

Shane looked around to see the bruised, beat up bodies. He turned to hear everyone talk about going to Ba Sing Se. "Ba Sing Se huh.... I didn't think id be going there." Shane thought. "Its meant to be the only safe place left from the fire nation, alright I'm coming with you guys! " Shane said. Shane proceeded to walk down the trail following the others.

Willow patted Wild's neck, pushing her partner to a trot. Ba Sing Se was in sights. The Earthbender was so alert to anything that could attack them, like Fire Nation, she nearly hit a tree.