• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Kanto league tournament: Next Gen discussion

Sequel to my surprisingly well received series League Tournament
Set roughly twenty years after the first league tournament series, and two months after the Sevii island RP
The tournament to decide who takes on Kanto's elite 4 and the current champion. Who will win? What rivalries might ignight. What friendships might be forged.
Rules
Only gen one pokemon are allowed
No legendries.
Fallow the rules as stated by the admins.
No one word posts. if you can't think of anything to say try describing what is going on.
Be respectful to others
Most importantly have fun
Character Bio
Name
Appearance ( Actually describe your character don't cop out and say look at trainer ID)
Pokémon. Your allowed to have up to nine pokemon, Your main six and three substitutes.
Pokémon, ( nick name if you have one) (sex) ( Ability)
Here's mine
Name: James Leuric
sex: Male
Appearance: Short blonde hair. He has emerald eyes. he wears a white t shirt with his father's green jacket. He also wears black pants and white tennis shoes.
Pokémon
Poliwhirl. (Polio) (Male) (Water absorb)
Magmar ( Blaze) (Male) (Vital spirit)
Aerodactyl ( Terro) (Male) (Rock head)
Hitmonlee (Lee) (Male) (Limber)
Alakazam ( Yami) (Male) (Synchronize)
Victreebell ( Leaf) ( Female) (Chlorophyll)

Other Character
Drew Leuric
Age 44
Sex Male
Appearance Short blonde hair, sapphire eye. He has an eye patch on his left eye. He wears a blue polo shirt and black slacks. he uses a cane because of an injury he received many years ago (Sinnoh)

Last edited:
Name: Lucy Jackson
Sex: Female
Appearance: black hair, black T-shirt, white shorts, silver sneakers, red shoulder bag
Pokémon: Eevee (Rose); female; Ability-Adaptability
Arcanine (Archie); male; Ability-Flash Fire

Rex

Resident Furry
Usually not one for tournament RPs, but I'll give it a shot, if you'll have me.
Name: Isaac North
Sex: Male
Appearance: A tall and lightly tanned boy, with dust colored hair hidden underneath a black patrol cap. He is quite fit, obviously having traveled for some time. Along with the aforementioned hat, he wears a pair of black cargo pants, the bottoms stained brown from kicking up dirt and mud, and the pockets seemingly always crammed full with various trinkets and baubles. His boots might once have been black as well, but they have long since lost their original color to earthen tones. His black sleeveless shirt and dark gray fatigue jacket, on the other hand, still retain much of their original color, though the jacket is splotched brown around the cuffs.
Pokémon:
Joseph (Charmeleon), male, Blaze
Barbara (Electabuzz), female, Static
Cyril (Machamp), male, No Guard
Michael (Scyther), male, Technician
Christiane (Chansey), female, Serene Grace
George (Hypno), male, Insomnia
Marshall (Sandslash), male, Sand Veil
Thomas (Dewgong), male, Thick Fat
Alfred (Nidoking), male, Poison Point

I'll give this tournament roleplay a try. I've always wanted to at least try one.
Name: Jacob Evans
Sex:Male
Appearance: Jack is slightly short for a male his age, being around 5'3. He is slightly tanned and has jet black hair that short and and messy. He is also a bit underweight, but not in unhealthy levels. As for his eyes, he has simple brown eyes. His outfit consists of a worn red, plaid styled, long sleeved shirt. Underneath the worn shirt he wears a simple white t-shirt has a few wrinkles. His pants are simple, extremely worn dark blue jeans. His jeans are stained a bit from dirt and mud from his travels. His boots, a dirt colored brown are well worn and also has a few mud patches on them. Another thing is that he wears black rimmed glasses that often fall of his face.

Pokémon:

Jack (Venusaur), Male,Overgrow
River (Golduck), Female, Cloud Nine
Loki (Gengar),Male, Levitate
Flash (Arcanine), Male, Intimidate
Sparks (Jolteon), Male, Volt Absorb
Infinity (Kadabra) Male, Synchronize
Duo (Dodrio) Female, Early Bird
Lee, (Hitmonlee) Male, Reckless

Name: Lily ibuki
Sex: Female
Apperance: Lily wears a pastel pink trench coat her dad got her. She wears a Light blue hoodie and a pale pink shorts. She has Blonde hair an blue eyes.

Pokémon TBA

Yeah I should probably change that. I was thinking about the cannon timeline as is. but yeah it's been twenty years Lance would of lost by now.

Nope. You have permission to make Riley the champion if you want. Hell Drew's the Viridian city gym leader.
Riley's original end goal was to be regarded as one of the best trainers to ever live. I was thinking to have the last thing he does in the main series is face Red on top of Mt. Silver. But he could still be champion of Kanto.
Someone should fill him in about the series.

Name: Corey
Description: Black short hair. Red and black jacket. White short pants and red sneakers.
Personality: Cocky (like all my other characters ;)) but has some respect. Will probably develop more during this series.

Pokemon:
Charizard
Machamp
Rest TBA

Name: Noah Trust
Appearance: He has blue spiky hair, black tracksuit top, black jeans and white trainers. He has a white back pack and a white wrist watch on his left arm. He has a scar over his eye (His eyes fine thougH)
Pokémon, ( nick name if you have one) (sex) ( Ability)
Slowbro, Cleo, Female, Regenerator
Tangela, Spaghetti, Male, Chlorophyll
Rhydon, Colo, Male, Reckless
Weezing, Ciggie, Female, Levitate
Magmar, Ignition, Male, Flame Body
Magneton, Rodney, Analytic
Subs: TBA

btw, I'm don't know any of the lore behind this series since I haven't been apart of one of the previous RPs

Tailon

Gryffindork
Name: Marcus Rein
Appearance: Fairly tall, with dark blue hair and eyes and a light brown complexion. Usually wears a button up shirt, slacks, a black canvas radar cap, and small earrings with gems that match his eyes and hair in color.
Pokémon:
Charizard, Celeste (F) (Blaze)
Slowbro, Josuke (M) (Regenerator)
Hitmonchan, Donnie (M) (Iron Fist)
Tauros, Bartholomew (M) (Anger Point)
Gengar, Kira (F) (Cursed Body)
Tangela, Tumbles (F) (Chlorophyll)

Last edited:
@Jagson I was thinking that Corey and James had become rivals during the adventure in Sevionta. One reason being that Corey came from a criminal family and James had a father who was part of the IDF. Also, your character would probably have a problem with mine because of the way he acts.

Im hoping I can keep up with this.... All these League RPs happen so fast I can't even reply since I don't know whats going on!
Name: Cayden Devlin
Appearance: Cayden has Yellow (Yes yellow, Its dyed) hair which is styled into a Modern Quiff, He wears a Black and Red Jacket with Black Jeans
Pokémon
Gengar (Genga) (Cursed Body) (Male)
Kabutops (Shell) (Weak Armour) (Male)
Nidoking (Pike) (Rivalry) (Male)
Kangaskhan (Queen) (Scrappy) (Female)
Arcanine (Legend) (Flash Fire) (Male)
Venusaur (Vine) (Overgrow) (Male)

Subs

Dragonite (Wyvern) (Multiscale) (Male)
Ditto (Squishy) (Imposter) (???)
Mr.Mime (Mime) (Technician) (Male)

(Im going to add a second character later since im busy at the moment)

Last edited:
Name: Richard Whitman
Appearance:
Pokémon:
Venusaur (None) (Male) (Overgrow)
Dugtrio (None) (Male) (Sand Force)
Jolteon (None) (Female) (Volt Absorb)
Cloyster (None) (Male) (Skill Link)
Hitmonchan (None) (Female) (Iron Fist)
Shiny Gyrados (Queen Karp) (Female) (Intimidate)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Currently busy so will post on the RPs when i truly have time. Will post bios for this one:​

Name:
Nathan O'Brien
Pokemon:

Venusaur (M)
Pidgeot (M)
Golduck (M)
Raichu (M)
Dugtrio (M)
Ditto (M)

Name: Jason Brodon
Sex:Male
Pokemon:

Will update later when I have more time!

Name: Ced
Appaerance: yello hair,green jacket,black pants,white t-shirt.
Pokemons:
Delphox (M)
Pidgeot (M)
Oddish(Oddie) (M)
Galade (M)
Blastoise (M)
Typhlosion (M)
Meowth (M)
Raichu (M)
Flareon (M)
There are pokemon from other gens because Ced is back after 5 years back in Kanto.

Name: Sephiel Raven
Appearance:
Clothes and Objects- Simple light blue dress shirt, light grey tie, dark grey dress pants, dark brown belt, black leather shoes, leather satchel, silver wrist watch
Physical: Dirty blond hair, white/tan skin, blue/grey/green eyes, slightly toned muscles, decently tall, skinny but not freakishly skinny
Pokémon:
Tauros (Stemek) (M) (Sheer Force)
Golem (Dren) (M) (Sand Veil)
Exeggutor (Del) (F) (Chlorophyll)
Snorlax (Sevr) (M) (Thick Fat)
Alakazam (Mikelo) (M) (Synchronize)
Starmie (Arid) (?) (Analytic)
Subs-
Rapidash (Grace) (F) (Flash Fire)
Hitmonchan (Xau) (M) (Iron Fist)
Cloyster (Shen) (M) (Shell Armor)