• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Journey Out of Time: Discussion

An ancient, iron-age society - predating recorded history by countless eons - and modern-day Unova: two eras hitherto separated by the vast abyss of time. But there's something stirring in the cosmos as of late, and soon a rift will open up: bridging together two eras that were never meant to meet...

The idea of this RP is for characters from vastly different eras to come together and experience each others' worlds, and embark on adventures that challenge their perceptions of the cosmos! The rift connecting the two eras hasn't opened up yet, at the beginning of the RP - but it will shortly! (once we have a few characters established)

I'm thinking we have a set of characters from a medieval-y era, and a set of characters from the modern era (you can choose which era your character comes from - or you can have a character in both, if you want).

A sample bio could look something like this:

Name:
Era: (e.g. "medieval" or "modern")
Occupation: (knight, peasant, lord, etc. - or trainer, student, coordinator, etc. if you're from the modern era)
Appearance blurb:
Personality blurb:
Pokemon: (try to limit to 3 or less, so proper relationships can be developed)

My character is:

Name: Ezra
Era: Medieval
Appearance: Quite lanky (due to his ascetic lifestyle) with dark, buzzed hair; He wears simple robes, and sandals.
Personality: Curious, and introspective; the world as he's come to know it just isn't interesting enough to hold his attention - there must be something more to life! He entered the monastery in search of answers, but he's starting to regret it...
Pokemon: None, at the moment

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
I have a question, I have a character that I used for a demon slayers RP. I'm guessing she isn't from the same era but her looks and style are, could I use her?

I have a question, I have a character that I used for a demon slayers RP. I'm guessing she isn't from the same era but her looks and style are, could I use her?

Sounds good to me!
In the main thread, I posted about a festival being held in a town near where my character started - I thought it'd be a convenient setting for everyone to meet in. Feel free to introduce your character there - or, if you have something completely different in mind, go for it!

Well, since I can sign up, I've got a character up my sleeve:

Name: Roberto Welkinsend
Appearance blurb: Tall, rather lanky. Dark brown hair and equally dark eyes. Has a constant expression of boredom, except during battles.
Personality blurb: Perpetually bored, never cares for anybody. Takes care of stray pokemon, as he takes pity on them. His dratini he pitied immensely, which in turn near forced him to care for it.
Pokémon: Dratini

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Name: Akane Ito
Appearance blurb: straight dark red hair down to her shoulders, but her front bangs are swept back and mixed into her back hair because she likes showing her forehead. She has brown eyes, light pink skin, she is 5'4 and has a slim figure despite her profession, she looks too innocent. She wears a red kimono that has black outlines, with white flower pattern design. It goes down to her knees. She wears thick black leg warmers from her ankles to her knees and black wooden sandals.
Personality blurb: Akane is calm, kind and patient. She has a great focus thanks to her training, she is very polite and respect is the most important thing to her.
Pokemon: Talonflame

I hope this is okay, as far as I know samurai are from the same era, just a few years of difference. If you need a modern character let me know :)

Well, since I can sign up, I've got a character up my sleeve:

Name: Roberto Welkinsend
Appearance blurb: Tall, rather lanky. Dark brown hair and equally dark eyes. Has a constant expression of boredom, except during battles.
Personality blurb: Perpetually bored, never cares for anybody. Takes care of stray pokemon, as he takes pity on them. His dratini he pitied immensely, which in turn near forced him to care for it.
Pokémon: Dratini

Welcome welcome! Feel free to post in the main thread whenever. There's a festival taking place in a town near where my character started: you can start your character off there, or come up with something else if you want - I'm easy!

Just gonna make one char.

Name: Gabriel, aka Gabe
Era: Modern
Appearance: Standing at 5'9" with a slim body build, Fair skin and light Brown eyes, his hair is somewhat long with a wine Red shade with a bang that covers his right eye. His clothing consists of a white t shirt under a closed Charcoal hoodie with white fur linings, dark Blue jeans and Brown shoes.
Personality: Gabriel is a friendly, talkative and laid back individual, taking ever opportunity he could to relax and enjoys being outdoors, he cares about Pokemon with a strong passion and enjoys battling with an even stronger one. Although he does have a habit of being sassy and talking back to anyone who talks badly to him regardless of the consequences.
Pokemon: Serperior (M), Flygon (F), Electivire (M)

Name: Akane Ito
Appearance blurb: straight dark red hair down to her shoulders, but her front bangs are swept back and mixed into her back hair because she likes showing her forehead. She has brown eyes, light pink skin, she is 5'4 and has a slim figure despite her profession, she looks too innocent. She wears a red kimono that has black outlines, with white flower pattern design. It goes down to her knees. She wears thick black leg warmers from her ankles to her knees and black wooden sandals.
Personality blurb: Akane is calm, kind and patient. She has a great focus thanks to her training, she is very polite and respect is the most important thing to her.
Pokemon: Talonflame

I hope this is okay, as far as I know samurai are from the same era, just a few years of difference. If you need a modern character let me know :)

Sounds like a great character! Go ahead and jump into the main thread whenever you'd like :) I kinda figured the medieval setting would be the more popolur choice lol... but no need to go out of your way to balance it - we'll just go with the flow and see what happens!

I should also ask, what would be happening in the modern era as of now; an event like the one going on?

I like the character welcome to the RP! You're actually the first person to sign up for the modern era so as of right now nothing is going on there... You could set up your own scenario if you want (and hopefully other people join in soon) - or, I could set one up in my next post with another character. Which would you prefer?

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
I have a doubt. So should my character arrive to the same festival? Do we need to meet the others and then will they be sent to the future?

I figured someone had to balance things out in terms of who's where (or when). In terms of what happens... I'm honestly at a loss when it comes to thinking about it.

I think our best bet at this point is to bridge the two timelines quickly so that all of our characters can interact. Hold tight for now, and I'll try to make that happen within the next few posts of mine so you can join in!

Name: Tovar
Appearance: Standing at 6'5", Light skin and dark red eyes, his hair is very long that covers his eyes the color of his eyes are white, His clothing consists of a white t shirt under a closed Blue Hoodie, his pants are black and his shoes are blue.
Personality: Tovar is calm, freindly and patient, he has a strong bond with his pokemon, he dosnt like getting in fights, only battles people that have a strong with their pokemon, he also rarley talks.
Pokemon: Mimikyu, Hydreigon, Volcarona. (This is the first time ive change my characters name, Appearence, personality and pokemon so ill change anything if you need me to)

Maybe when the past/future collide, everything stays the same, but anything the modern era saw as "ancient" suddenly looks brand new and faces from the past start popping up. Or the past sees the colonies built in the future over what were once vast, empty fields? Is this how this "Time collision" is gonna happen?

Dialga and Palkia certainly have their work cut out for them huh?

Name: Tovar
Appearance: Standing at 6'5", Light skin and dark red eyes, his hair is very long that covers his eyes the color of his eyes are white, His clothing consists of a white t shirt under a closed Blue Hoodie, his pants are black and his shoes are blue.
Personality: Tovar is calm, freindly and patient, he has a strong bond with his pokemon, he dosnt like getting in fights, only battles people that have a strong with their pokemon, he also rarley talks.
Pokemon: Mimikyu, Hydreigon, Volcarona. (This is the first time ive change my characters name, Appearence, personality and pokemon so ill change anything if you need me to)

Sounds good, welcome to the RP! We'll be entering the modern era soon, so just hang tight for now.

Good day! I have a question. I'm just taking a guess here but would the festival be taking place in Kalos? I'm guessing Akane is going to be from Johto.

I don't have a particular region in mind for the past-timeline... I've even been entertaining the idea that it's so far in the past that the continental formations of the planet are different, and modern regions don't apply. But nothing's set in stone yet! I like the idea of it being Kalos, too - I hadn't thought of that. And btw Akane can be from wherever you want! :)

Edit: or maybe the past-timeline can take place in Sinnoh... Like Red Gallade mentioned, Palkia and Dialga and all that Sinnoh lore would work well with the theme of this RP... I'll need to think about it!

Last edited:
I moved the plot forward towards the time-skip I hope that's okay with everyone! (I want to get Red Gallade and Jolteon BOI into the mix)
@JadeStar and @SharpShotInteleon feel free to write a little action scene or something responding to my last post :) try to end it with your characters blacking out, so then I can set the new scene in the F U T U R E!

Awesome!

I have to ask that will there obviously be medieval people alongside the potential sightings of new medieval structures within the modern world? I'm asking in case I wanna think about trying to help with any potential arc ideas.

Made a rough example on Gabe's appearance, but idk how to copy it to his bio...

Last edited:
Awesome!

I have to ask that will there obviously be medieval people alongside the potential sightings of new medieval structures within the modern world? I'm asking in case I wanna think about trying to help with any potential arc ideas.

Made a rough example on Gabe's appearance, but idk how to copy it to his bio...

Yeah I think medieval structures popping up in Unova would be a nice touch! I'm thinking the worlds should come together slowly, at first - like, only a handful of people from the medieval era show up in Unova, and everyone just thinks they're crazy or something lol. But then, as the story progresses, it'll become more and more apparent that something is going on... (i.e structures popping up and what have you). I have a rough idea for the first arc in my head - but I'm always open to suggestions! :) I like it when the plot is contributed to by everyone!