• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Journey of Mythical Mayhem

"Buneary use your ears to break the ice." Buneary used her ears to break the ice that trapped her. She then done a backflip to dodge the ice punch. "Now use hyper voice." Buneary let out a very loud sound and waves of sound could be seen aimed towards the turtle pokemon.

Wes smiled checkmate “Muddy Water!” Water came crashing down from all directions, filling the ground with water from all directions. He decided even if the Pokémon somehow made it through that, it wasn’t fair to exert these young Pokémon anymore. “Way to go Kobu!” Wes shouted to his Pokémon as it ran over to him victoriously. “That was great! You’re so strong.” The Squirtle seemed to blush and scratched the back of its head while smiling. Chai jumped down from Wes’s head and began celebrating along with Sol.

Buneary shot the beam of light out of the hole as soon as the water appeared. It made the water evaporate she climbed up out of the hole and ran over to Amra. She jumped into her trainers arms. "You did a good job Buneary. We will get them next time." Amra walked over to Wes. She held out the hand that did not hold her pokemon. "Good job. I have not had that much fun awhile."

“Yeah that was great! Well we’re actually pretty close to the lab, pallet town is just over there.” He pointed towards some houses not far away. “Maybe I’ll see you later, I gotta try to beat the gyms as fast as possible, I wanna make it in time for the Pokémon league.” He turned away from the girl and set out back towards Viridian.

"I will see you later then Wes." Amra walked past the group at the entrance of route one. She walked past the group and to the lab. She sat through the same speech everyone else did. She sorted her items in her bag and pulled out the egg. She walked back to route 1 and then noticed the group. Her eyes zeroed in on one person a girl with blond and blue hair. She looked like someone she knew. As she got closer she realised who it was. "Lola is that you?"

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara smiled happily as she watched all the pokemon play with each other. It seemed as if it was a good choice to have chased after Echo. She had met so many new people, and it would be wonderful if they were all traveling buddies. She decided to talk to the group as it had been a while since they introduced themselves. "It's been wonderful meeting all of you, and I'm wondering if you guys want to travel together? Our pokemon seem to get together well, and you all seem like nice people. We can start at route one and make our way around. I believe everybody has something they can contribute to the group. And with everybody working together, we can progress much faster and steadier than if we went solo," she said seriously as paused for a moment to catch her breath. "I understand if you decline, we did just meet after all," she said in a less serious manner, visibly relieved to have gotten over delivering her speech. She wondered how they would respond, it would be embarrassing if they declined. But, if she got at least one travel-buddy she would be happy. She looked over as she heard a girl approaching. She seemed to know the girl that earlier introduced herself as Lola.

Sol looked a little disappointed as they walked away. “I know you wanted to battle buddy, but I didn’t wanna use my strongest against her, that would’ve been mean.” He said gently as he bent down to pet the puppy Pokémon. Wes turned towards Kobu “Besides, Kobu did great! It was super fun to see what he is capable of.” The Squirtle perked up and smiled again. He checked Kobu into the Viridian Pokémon center. While he sat there waiting he saw a text from his sister “Nice battle, but you’re gonna need to get a lot better if you want to compete with me.” Ugh she must’ve been secretly watching, I’ll never get used to that thought Wes. “Thanks, you better watch out I’m coming for you.” He replied, as he retrieved Kobu. Wes looked at his team of three, he was determined that they were gonna surpass everyone. He headed forwards to the Viridian forest entrance.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Lola beamed at Kara's proposition, but stemmed her excitement as to not look too eager or overbearing. Though her eyes sparkled with excitement at the thought of having friends to travel with. Back home she was much too busy for such things as friends and adventures, so it may have been a bigger deal to her than it was for most. Calming herself, she nodded. "Yes, it has been quite the pleasure to meet you all as well. I would be happy to accompany you all on our journey, if you would like. I think it would be a lot of fun!" She couldn't help the slightly cheery tone that escaped her as she expressed her liking for the idea. She just couldn't help it.

Meanwhile, Kaipo turned to see another Vulpix approaching her and her brother, making friendly noises of greeting and giving a playful tail wagging in their direction. The Alolan fox yipped happily to the other, her white, fluffy tails wagging back, emitting a soft frost from her excited movements. Hani walked a bit closer to the other that looked almost identical to him, tilting his head curiously before sniffing her shyly. After a moment of contemplation, he smiled, joining in on the tail waggling.

Having observed the initiation, Lola let out a soft laugh, her spirits much higher after such a wonderful encounter with so many kind people and pokemon so early on in her travels. "Hey Remus, it seems our Vulpine friends are getting along quite nicely. How cute!"

She then turned her head, hearing a familiar voice calling to her. There stood none other than her cousin. "Oh, Amra! It has been a while, how have you been?" She asked, hurrying up to her and giving her a big hug.

Amra hugged her cousin back. Buneary jumped down to greet her friends. She landed right next to the three foxes. She pulled Hani a hug first and then moved over to Kaipo and hugged her as well. She was happy to see her friends again. "It is so good to see you Lola. How have you been? It has been what three months since we seen each other last." Amra waited a second before she remembered that she had something for Lola. "Oh I almost forgot I have something for you." Amra opened her bag and pulled out the egg very carefully. She held it out for her cousin to take.

Connor let a short chuckle escape his lips. The other group's numbers greatly outweighed the amount of friends he could make if he tried to meet all of them at the same time. If he were to join all of them now, there was no doubt in his mind that all of their talking would overlap and who said what would get lost in the vast void. "Yeah, big groups aren't my thing," he admitted. "I'm Connor. This little guy--" He pointed up to the bird who made a beautiful, curved nest out of his hair. "His name is Crown. He's been with me for a while."

Crown preened himself, undisturbed by the conversation at hand.

Monica, the taller one with more of an outgoing presence. Haley, the shorter one who seemed a little shy. Two sisters who had different last names-- He figured they might have had different dads, or something. "If you two are heading out to Route 1, you mind if I tag along?"

The Murkow cawed back, letting the Furfrou and Wooper know that he'd stay right where he was. "Krow, Mur-krow!" Because his human was royalty! It only made sense that his human would be a prince! While Crown, of course, was the beautiful crown. "Murr? Krow?" He considered aloud, what kind of sparkly things could he get in the Kanto region? He'd already forgotten to pay attention to the new Pokémon, not one minute into meeting them.

Sterling smiled at everyone around him, especially those that suggested they travel together. "I'm in, the more the merrier as they say." He replied with a clear smile as Axew playfully ran around the trainers and Pokemon alike as if he wanted to play. "What does everyone aim to become by doing this? What's your endgame?" He asked despite how soon it seemed.

Haley listened, her grasp on Woobles relaxing. She was always so excited meeting new people, nothing's changed. She piped up as soon as he asked, removing Monica's arm from her head with an arm she removed from her Pokemon's hold. 'Arm rest' wasn't her occupation. "Well, glad to be ya acquaintance, Connor. And Crown's cool, too. Not many people find Murkrow appealing." Haley spoke, then wrapping her arm back around the Water Fish. "Me and Monica both have other Pokemon too- Monica has a Ponyta named Adara and I have a Female Nidoran named Dreena." Haley explained, pulling the Moon Ball out of her pack and showing it to Connor before putting it back. Monica lightly laughed, placing the spare hand that was placed atop Haley's hair on her hip, standing more firmly than she had been slouching. "Yeah. You can tag along, if you'd like. It'd be best to get out of this town as soon as possible."

Babs didn't really mind the Murkrow's seemingly sassy attitude- the Poodle Pokemon's nature wasn't 'calm' for nothing. The Poodle then sat, she hadn't barked to start anything with Crown anyway. Babs was a aristocat, not a hunting dog. Woobles, on the other hand, flinched slightly at the Murkrow's sudden outburst, but his signature goofy smile still spread across his face. "Wooper!" The Water Fish Pokemon then chimed again, because unlike Babs, Woobles wanted to be nice, and wanted to have friends. His attempts were usually in vain, but that didn't mean he would give up.

Everette and De Fleur found themselves watching their Pokemon closely- as if their behavior was going noted. Haley then looked to Connor, realizing she was much too focused on her Wooper. "Well, if we're going to go, all together, then I'd bet the best time to start going is now." The shorter girl then pointed towards the sign labeled 'Route 1', in neat handwriting. "It's best we get farther away from the crowd, if that'd be best for you, Connor."

Last edited:

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara smiled as Lola agreed and watched as her cousin handed her an egg. She listened to Sterling agree to travel together and her smile grew wider. She paused for a moment to consider his question. "I want to open places all over the world to care for hurt pokemon. And, once they heal I would either give them to capable people or give them a permeant home on the big vast land that surrounds each building. I would love to have many pokemon friends, and maybe even dabble in a bit of breeding," she said thoughtfully as she gazed up at the sky. She grinned as she gazed back towards everybody. "I know that's a big dream, but I really do want to be able to fulfill it someday," she said, a tinge of hopefulness in her voice.

Krisseon

Lola's eyes glistened as Amra presented an egg to her. She smiled at her cousin, gently taking it and hugging it close to her chest with the utmost care. "Oh, thank you!" She beamed. This day really couldn't get much better, and she was practically emanating her own sunshine. She honestly couldn't remember the last time she felt so happy, and it was both amazing, and sad, the more she thought about it. The thought was quickly thrown to the back burner for later self reflection as she took Amra's hand while the other grasped the egg, leading her back to the group. "Come, meet these lovely trainers!"

Kaipo and Hani yipped excitedly as their Buneary friend bounded towards them. Kaipo twirled in excitement, while Hani wagged his tails with a big smile. It was obvious the two young fox pokemon were having just as good of a time as their trainer, even with everything going on.

Once Lola had closed the gap between her and her cousin and the rest of the group, something caught her eye in the distance. She paused, looking towards the way to Route 1. There, in the center of the road, sat a Polywag, completely out of it's element here. Not only that, but it looked different. It's eyes were a vibrant, almost glowing violet color, looking catlike rather than the normal soft black of the tadpole pokemon. It seemed to almost be staring them all down from it's place. How peculiar. She wondered briefly if it was owned by anyone, before glancing back to the group, her previous thoughts completely derailed by the sudden sight.

Echo looked to the guy who walked up. He asked about their dreams. He did not really know what he wanted. What he did know is that he wanted to travel. He had his violin strapped to his in it's case. "I want to learn all there is to know about caring and raising pokemon. I do not know my long-time goal yet, but I do know I want to spend sometime travelling with my pokemon. Sure I would not mind travelling with you guys."

Amra walked/been pulled by her cousin over to the group of people talking. There was a lage diversity of people within the group. Amra waved at them. "Hey guys my name is Amra." Amra looked passed the group. She towered over most of them. Buneary returned to her spot on Amra's shoulder. She want to get a good look at the new people. Amra looked past the group, to the direction that Wes had gone. She hoped she did not see him for the last time. He was fun, and she would not mind getting to know him more. She turned her attention back to the group. Buneary jumped down from Amra's shoulder and walked over to the violet eyed water type. She had noticed they were alone and she wanted to make sure they felt wecome. She would not let something be left out at all.

Connor and Crown saluted Monica and Haley in unison, one with his right hand and the other with his left wing. The human underneath started off, with a simple, "Yeah," as his response. "So, hey," he started as he walked backward, off toward that Route 1 sign. "What do you all want to get from this whole journey thing? I bet the big crowd over there has some folks who want to go through the gym challenge or contest circuit..."

He could have gone through the contest circuit. He could have dressed Crown in the cutest, girliest things imaginable, and his dad would have come to every single show... Wouldn't that have been something? He figured contests weren't really his thing, but maybe the journey would prove him wrong down the line somewhere.

He could have tried the gym challenge, but, maybe not in Kanto. Maybe in a region with more dark types for him to choose from, later on down the road. He could ask some Kanto Pokémon to hang with him for a while, though. Maybe a ghost, maybe a bug. Maybe both. Anything to get an edge over psychic Pokémon.

Crown cawed back down to the Wooper. "Krow." His human deemed them all worthy, so he had no choice but to do the same. Very well. Even a commoner with a name like 'Woobles' could be permitted to be his friend. "Krow murk?" Did Woobles know how to find shiny things? He found himself asking the question aloud, then wondering if a commoner ever had such inclinations to begin with. His head tilted as he thought it over more.

Remus just watched the Pokemon interact and wasn't paying too much attention to what the humans were doing until he heard Kara say something about traveling together. In such a large group, too. He didn't mind being in such a large pack of people. In fact, he preferred it. He thought for a moment and just shrugged his shoulders in agreement. "I wouldn't mind being a part of a pack of humans- er... I mean, in a large group such as this. I prefer it to be honest, but I understand if some of you want to be lone wolves."

It was then that he noticed that his Vulpix got a happy response from the other two Vulpix owned by Lola. Smiling, he watched as his Vulpix bounded about happily and making chirping noises as she raised her paw. In their language, it seemed like she was wanting Kaipo, the Alolan Vulpix, to be the leader of their little vulpine posse. After hearing Lola's remark on the event happening before them, Remus just simply nodded in agreement. He also watched as his Houndour began playing with the Axew running around, and his Poochyena came back to him and opted to sit right by his foot. It seemed like he was done with socializing and wanted to progress.

Sterling asked a question that brought a smile to Remus's face and he seemed to be pretty proud of what he was going to do. "After catching as many canine, feline, and vulpine Pokemon as I can, I'll take over my parent's farm and start taking care of breeding all kinds of Pokemon for competitions, as well as being a local Pokemon Center that deals more with herbal remedies."

He then went back to standing there and watching the Pokemon play as he listened to the others. He heard many were wanting to do something similar with breeding down the line, so he thought that maybe he could help. His family did inherit the farm from their great-grandparents, so it has started to become a generational inheritance at this point.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara's eyes practically sparkled with excitement as she listened to others sharing similar interests to her. She watched as Remus's pokemon return to him, seemingly ready for a journey. Leo and Max soon followed suit returning to her side by jumping onto her shoulders. They were at the beginning of the Route for quite some time, and her pokemon did want to explore. She decided to speak up again. "So, what do you guys think about exploring?" she asked glancing ahead. They've been talking for quite some time, and they could always continue talking as they walked. "And I think we might be blocking a good portion of the road," she said, quite embarrassed.

Echo looked around. They did seem to take up the whole route it would be a good idea to get a move on. "You are right we should get a move on. It would be better to get out of the way of others wanting to go to Pallet town. If you guys need me I am going to ahead to the entrance of Veridian city. It would be better then waiting here." With that he walked off. He felt as though they would be there for a long time and he wanted to get to the next town befire it got to dark.

Krisseon

The Polywag smiled at the Buneary, before taking notice of people heading his way, running off into the woods before he could be noticed any further.

Lola nodded, agreeing with everyone's advice to continue their journey, holding her egg close to her chest. She began walking down the route, realizing the Polywag with strange eyes was gone. She supposed it had gone back to its trainer, or wherever it belonged. Kaipo and Hani walked beside her, excited to start their adventure.

Echo noticed the girl with the egg follow him. He was glad to not be the only one continuing on. "Hey Lola I am glad you are decided to join me." Eevee was on his shoulder.

Amra took off after her cousin. She caught up to her. Buneary followed behind and hopped from tree to tree. She had a lot of fun running around like she did. "Hey Lola are you still wanting to join contest like you did when we were kids?"

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara sighed in relief as some people walked away. She counted her pokemon making sure they were all with her before setting after them. She turned towards each shoulder occasionally breaking up any fights that were brewing. Max and Leo were as close as brothers, but they did fight a lot if given the chance. Once catching up to the group, she kept a steady pace but stayed quiet. She would observe for now and talk later.