• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Journey of Mythical Mayhem

Professor Oak, he has been the leading pokemon researcher of his time. He had made many breakthroughs in the way people study pokemon. He had invented a device that helped trainers know about pokemon. It is called a pokedex. Each year new trainers are sent out to help study, catch and learn everything there is to learn about pokemon.

Oak took the time to explain to every person starting their journey. He wanted them all to know the basics before they left his lab. He took the time to explain one on one what being of owners pokemon means.

"Well hello. Welcome to my lap. Come on in. Now before we start I need to know your name." Alex had waited for the older man to notice him. The professor had taken his time. He had stacked boxes on a table in order of the trainers that would receive them.

"My name is Echo." Professor Oak took his time to walk over to the table with boxes stacked high. He found the one he was looking for and picked it up. He walked over to the anthropomorphic wolf and held out the box. "This box contains the things that you will need on your journey. In this box you will find your pokedex, pokeballs, a book that has some info on caring for pokemon. The last item is a portable box system. It will hold the pokemon you catch. It is something that I have asked new trainers to test out for me. I want to know how helpful it would be for people out in the world." Echo took the box and opened it. He stored the items in his bag. "You can store the box over there against the wall." Echo took the box and placed it against the wall. "If there is anything you need from me feel free to call me anytime."

Echo walked back to his hotel and checked out. He gathered his things and set off for route one. "You ready for this eevee. Our journey has just begun."

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara clutched her letter in one hand as she stepped into the lab. She listened to the professor's speech. She had seen a wolf-boy leave a moment ago and had taken it as a signal to step forward. "Hello," she greeted politely. "My name's Kara, you sent me a letter about a pokebox system?" she asked as she walked towards him. True, she wasn't exactly a new trainer. But, she wasn't exactly an experienced one either. She had been helping out near her home and had never gotten a chance to explore. Now, however, she finally had an opportunity to go out and discover so many exciting things.

Kara thanked the professor as she picked up the box. There were quite a few others in the room, and she didn't want to take up unnecessary time. She opened it and pocketed all the items into her backpack. This was it, she had gotten official starter gear! Practically brimming with excitement, she exited the lab. She hadn't had to do much fighting back at home, so her pokemon were all lacking experience. She had caught a Meowth earlier that week while she was exploring near the lab, but if she was able to that must've meant that it too was low on experience. It wasn't like she was planning to do much fighting now anyway, but she didn't want her pokemon to be weak and hurt easily.

She decided that traveling in a group would be a better idea then wandering off on her own. She saw the boy from earlier coming out from a nearby hotel, and she smiled. The best part was, he seemed to also have animalistic features. However before she could decide how she wanted to introduce herself, he started walking toward the route. Well, I guess it is smart to not waste time especially when you have so much you can do. Wanting to make at least one acquaintance she hurriedly walked after him. "Hey wait up! My name's Kara, do you want to talk for a little bit? It's okay if you decline," she said, not exactly thinking before she spoke.

Last edited:

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Lola was up next. Taking a deep breath, she stood, approaching Professor Oak gracefully with her two loyal Vulpix as her side; one being Alolan, the other Kantonian. She gave a bow and a handshake in respectful greeting. "Hello Professor, I am honored to make your acquaintance. I am Lola Kalani from Alola. I received your letter and would like to help." She smiled as Oak greeted her with enthusiasm as he recognized her for her status back in her home region. They chatted for a brief moment, before he handed her the starter pack and wished her luck on her journey. Lola gave one last bow and took her leave. While she walked she put her things into her shoulder bag in a neat and orderly fashion.

Upon exiting, she saw the two trainers from earlier up ahead. She supposed she'd be better off getting to know some people and traveling with a group, sense she wasn't familiar with the Kanto region. She approached them politely with a friendly smile, waiting for her opportunity to speak. "Hello there fellow trainers, I am Lola. It is a pleasure to meet you both." Beside her, her two Vulpix sat side by side in a similar polite manner waiting to be introduced, their tails wagging happily in unison.

Echo was in his own thoughts, when a girl with cat ears and tail ran up to him. He was about to answer, when another girl walked up and introduced herself. This girl had elven features. "Hello my name is Echo. It is nice to meet you both. This my companion eevee. She has been with me since she was an egg. Sure I do not mind talking with you guys." Eevee jumped down from Echo's shoulder and landed right next to the two fox pokemon. She wanted to play with them.

Wes was playing with his Shinx and Growlithe when he realized it was his turn to enter the lab. “Come on guys, we’re up.” He told his Pokémon. Chai, his Shinx happily jumped up to its perch on Wes’s head and Sol, the growlithe followed him in stride as they entered the laboratory. “Hey... Blaine told me to come see you.” Wes said meekly, slightly nervous I’m the new area talking to a professor that was like a celebrity to him. “Ahh you must be Wes, I’ve heard great things about you!” Replied the professor with a smile, “Your Pokémon seem well, a testament to your great potential as a trainer!” Wes was flustered by the compliments “Th- thank you s-sir” he stuttered. Wes could not believe THE professor Oak thought he had great potential. The professor happily explained all the equipment and details of the adventure Wes was about to set out on, while Wes listened attentively the entire time. He was about to leave when Chai jumped off his head and began to run towards something unknown. Wes ran after his loose Pokémon, apologizing to the professor for the trouble, and found the Shinx playing with a tiny blue turtle Pokémon. He recognized the pokémon as a Squirtle, only this one seemed different. The Squirtle was the normal size and build but it had two navy blue stripes running vertically, arcing over the top of its head, two navy stripes that jutted out horizontally from its deep crimson eyes, and dark brown ring patterns on its shell. “Professor, if you don’t mind me asking... what’s up with that Squirtle?” Wes questioned the professor. Oak let out a slight laugh, “Well, we call that Squirtle Kobu around here. Kobu was a part of an experiment to genetically create an ideal Pokémon of its species, led by my grandson. They mixed genes of many powerful Pokémon of its evolutionary line, including genes from my grandson’s blastoise, Siebold- a kalos elite four member’s blastoise, and many others that contained desirable moves and traits. The result was, in a sense successful, they created a Squirtle with rare moves, maximum individual stat values, and while most Pokémon can only specialize in one or two categories for battles later on, Kobu has the capacity to reach full potential in all six. However, while they were able to create the perfect Squirtle on paper, personality is impossible to control. Kobu is... well... quirky to say the least. No trainer is willing to put in the effort it would take to train him, and just chose a typical Squirtle instead. Also some are off put by Kobu’s different looks, and the ones that make it past there are dissuaded when I explain that another side effect of Kobu’s treatment is that due to a mutation in his genes, he is still able to achieve evolution, but it will occur far later than other Pokémon of his species. It really is a pity, I can tell Kobu longs for adventure.” Oak sighed and turned to the child, expecting to see a look of disappointment. The professor was shocked upon seeing Wes’ eyes filled with awe. Wes ran over to the squirtle “Hey Kobu, I’m Wes, it’s great to meet you!” He chimed while lowering himself to the height of the Pokémon. Wes turned back to the professor “You said he’s no ordinary pokemon, and no ordinary trainer would take him. Well that’s perfect. I’m no ordinary trainer, so I need special Pokémon to help me on my way to the top!” Wes declared, “Since nobody else was smart enough to see how great Kobu is, I’d be more than happy to take him with me!” Oak smiled at the child, he certainly was something else. “I can’t think of a better solution this predicament.” He handed the young trainer a notebook and Kobu’s pokeball, “This is Kobu’s pokeball and this notebook contains all the information you need to know about him.” Wes received the gifts gratefully and turned to see the wide eyed Squirtle smiling up at him. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go guys.” The three Pokémon jumped up happily and followed Wes, Chai returning to his perch on his trainers head. Wes grabbed his bag and the other equipment he received from Oak, while he bursted out the door shouting one last thanks. Oak smiled as he watched the energetic trainer, this was truly the start of what was sure to be a very special adventure.

Last edited:

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara watched as another girl ran up to them and introduced herself as Lola. "I'm Kara, it's nice to meet you too," she said as she saw something move behind Lola. She saw a vulpix and an alolan vulpix behind her sitting side by side. Ooh her pokemon are really cute. She heard the boy starting to speak, and turned her attention to him as he introduced himself as Echo. He then introduced his companion as Eevee who jumped over to join the vulpix and alolan vulpix. She watched the three pokemon with a smile on her face. "Did you give your pokemon nicknames?" she asked curiously. She had always given her pokemon nicknames because she felt like it helped their relationship. However, she did realize that not everybody lived or liked to do things the same way she did.

Remus, an average height young male with the overlying features of a very humanized Mightyena, was sitting on the floor criss-crossed as it was more comfortable for him while he waited patiently for the professor to get through some of the people before he had a go. As the Professor came over to him, Remus stood up and grinned happily at the man, his underbite very prominent due to his large canines.

"The name's Remus Felpuv, sir," the beast boy excitedly said with enthusiasm.

"Nice to meet you, young man. Here," Professor Oak searched for a box and then handed it to Remus, who then began to stuff his backpack with the things in the box as the old man talked. "Here is a practical starter kit for your journey. Since you came all the way from Hoenn, an item here may not be familiar to you, which is the new Portable Pokemon Box System, or PokeBox for short. In here, you also have your PokeDex, some PokeBalls, and a book on Pokemon Care and Bonding. I would like you to test out the PokeBox for me, and I'd like to know how helpful it has been in your journey here in the Kanto region and in future journies throughout the other regions. Now, you can set this box against the wall over there and start your journey."

The old professor beamed at the anthropomorphic wolf as he set the box on the far wall and he shouted at the Professor to have a good day as he rushed outside. As he ran outside to meet the breezy wind of Pallet Town, he noticed that some people were already at the entrance to Route 1 and introducing themselves. Happy to make new friends, his tail wagged excitedly as he ran up to them all and waved, his voice sounding like he was projecting a little too harshly.

"Hi, guys! I'm Remus, the new guy on this adventure, too! How are you all doing?" it was at this time his Pokemon began to wiggle in their PokeBalls at his belt. After poking all three of the spherical confines, his Kantonian Vulpix, Houndour, and Poochyena came out in a flash of blue light and each greeted everyone in their own way of barking while also sitting down and behaving quite nicely for Pokemon with a usual amount of energy. It seemed as though they don't want to overstep their excitement with their alpha of the pack, who is their trainer. Remus pretty much prided himself on this fact that he can control his Pokemon with such ease and with such simple commands, but it took a lot of time and a lot of understanding and training to get to this point. Now, it was to get more friends and teach them who their practical alpha was.

After looking up at their trainer expectantly with an adventurous twinkle, Remus nodded with a cheeky smile before his Pokemon began to go around to everyone and sniffing them all and barking at them in greeting before moving on to the next person. They would stay for a bit if these people decided to pet them for a second before moving on, wanting to get to know everyone. "These three are Vultale the Vulpix, Doom the Houndour, and Shenz the Poochyena. Don't worry, they don't bite. They're too nice to, and they won't harm anyone without a good reason."

Sterling had his arms folded as he patiently waited to be introduced by Professor Oak, his royal purple eyes looked around the room and at every other trainer who was present during the speech. On his shoulder rested a rather cheerful looking Axew who simply smiled and often at times would dart his head back to Sterling's bag as if there was something important in there, Sterling looked up when the trainers began to introduce themselves one by one and gather their required items for their journey, what really interested him was this new device known as a 'Pokemon Box'.

"My name is Sterling Hercules, I come from the Dragon Village of Unova." He said as if he was at a job interview, Professor Oak smiled and nodded before Sterling went collect his required items and head out, his bag seemed almost a bit big for such small items, but it definitely had something in there that took up most of the space. As Sterling made his leave, he whistled lightly while Axew looked around happily. "You ready pal? This is where our story begins." Sterling said both calmly and enthusiastically, Axew replied with a cheerful chirp before he saw the scene of trainers gather and greet each other, a few of them he thought he saw in the lab.

Krisseon

Lola's smile grew along with her spirits as her greeting was taken well, her enchanting silver-white eyes sparkling enthusiastically when the girl by the name of Kara asked about her Vulpixes' names. "Yes, I do have names for them. I quite enjoy being able to give a name to suit a pokemon's personality." She turned to her fox pokemon to introduce them. "This is Kaipo, the Alolan Vulpix, and Hani, the Kantonian Vulpix." They both bowed respectively as they were introduced to further explain who was who. Lola then turned to Echo for this bit of information, "I too have had these two since they were eggs. It is a beautiful thing to be able to raise your pokemon as hatchlings. My father owns a Breeding farm back home in Alola and I help with raising the the newborns. These two are my most beloved, and I could not have come this far without them." She smiled down at her two balls of sunshine as Echo's Eevee jumped down to play with them. Kaipo yipped happily, jumping around the smaller fox-like pokemon, while Hani smiled and wagged his tails happily.

As the three played, another trainer made his way to them with an enthusiastic energy about him. She smiled at him and his equally polite pokemon. "Hello there Remus." She chimed, "It is a pleasure to meet you as well. I am personally doing quite well. It is nice to get away from home for a bit to explore a new region." She allowed his pokemon to come to her and introduce themselves, giving them equal attention and friendly greetings with a loving pet in just the right place. She'd become quite accustomed to the different pokemon behaviors and how to approach them correctly.

Echo turned towards Kara. "I have not really given a nickname to Eevee yet. I want to see what she evolves into first. When she evolves I might give her a nickname." Eevee played with the two bigger fox pokemon. She loved to play with others. She bounced around and yipped at them.

Echo turned to the new guy who showed up. He was a anthro wolf like him. He was gald to see that he was not the only guy there. He watched as the guy introduced himself. He thought the guy was cute in a rugged way. "Well my name is Echo and the little brown fluff ball is mine." When the guy introduced his pokemon eevee ran to them. She hoped to get them to play and run around with her. She loved to meet new pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amra looked out the window of the plane. She saw the crystal clear water of the ocean. She had just left her home in Sinnoh. She reread the leter she was sent by the professor. Professor Oak sent out letters to people who he thought would help him with his new device. She hoped to not be the only one who wants to be a trainer. He did send out letters to others who wanted to be coordinators, researchers, breeders, and trainers as well. He wanted to know if it would help anyone out in the region.

Amra watched as the plane landed in Veridian city. She took her bag from the compartment above her head and made her way off the plane. She took the time to clutch the egg to her chest. Her father made her promise to give it to her cousin Lola if their paths cross. Her buneary had sat itself on her shoulder. Her pink fluff blended in with the pink hair that Amra had.

Sterling approached the trainers who kindly greeted each other while Axew jumped off his trainers shoulder and ran up to greet their Pokemon. "Hey guys, are you all from Oak's lab as well to try out this "Pokemon box" thing or whatever as well? The name's Sterling." He greeted as he lightly pulled on is bag to keep it held up and careful with what was inside, he knew his greeting may seem sudden, but he didn't mind as the trainers seemed friendly enough.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kara smiled at the mention of their names and a breeding center. It seemed as if she wasn't the only one who was used to places like those. She turned to face the two new guys, one of which seeming to also have wolfish looks. "Yeah, I received a letter," she said holding it up for a moment. "Pleasure meeting you both, my name's Karla," she said as she looked at the Axew. Elsie wasn't out right now as she had been slightly nervous this morning. Kara's fingers brushed her three pokeballs for a moment before her pokemon burst out. Elsie chose to land on her head while Leo and Maxed opted to land near the other pokemon. "As delayed as this introduction may be, these are my pokemon. This espurr is Elsie, the litleo is Leo, and the meowth is Max," she said as she gazed at her pokemon fondly. She hoped that her pokemon would get along with the others since Leo often attempted to start fights.

“Sol use flame burst!” Wes commanded his Growlithe. The puppy let out a fireball, taking down an opposing beginner trainer’s pidgey. “Nice battle.” He said to his opponent before continuing on with his journey. Wes had ran straight past the other group of starting trainers and had been spending his time on route 1 training his three Pokémon. He looked to his team, all three seemed a bit fatigued. He smiled, they had accomplished a lot already. Wes saw the Viridian Pokémon center not far away and decided his Pokémon deserved a rest.

After stopping by the healing center, he was shocked to see a plane landing in the small city “Come on guys let’s check it out! Maybe there are some strong foreign trainers to battle!” Wes cheered to his team as he began fast walking towards the plane. Kobu and Sol followed close beside him and Chai let out a mew of agreement, looking down towards his trainers face from his perch on top of his head.

Upon reaching the plane, Wes saw many passengers filter out, but his eyes were drawn to the elfish girl with pink hair holding a Pokémon egg. She wasn’t with anyone so he decided she was the one to approach. “Hi, I’m Wes” He said casually “You don’t see many planes land around here, where’d you come from?” He asked hoping to start a conversation.

Krisseon

Lola smiled happily at everyone around her, feeling much better about things now that she knew there were so many other friendly people she could get to know on her journey. She focused first on Kara's pokemon, waving to them all in greeting with a soft, friendly look in her eyes. She then looked to the newest member of the group. "Hello Sterling, it is a pleasure to meet you as well. Yes, it seems we all have been called here today for the occasion."

Kaipo and Hani were excited with all the new faces, their eyes sparkling with all the possible games they could play with such a big group of pokemon. Hani was still a bit shy, staying at Kaipo's side as she made her rounds to introduce herself and her brother to the other pokemon as their trainers chatted. It was clear the Alolan fox pokemon was the more outgoing of the two.

Remus smiled as his greetings were received well. He nodded in agreement to Lola's statement about how it's good to get away from home for awhile. He smiled happily as Lola greeted his Pokemon nicely as they made their rounds around the group of people and Pokemon.

Remus then looked over at another boy who had similar canine-like features about him and he thought he was pretty cute. He waved hello to him before looking at his Poochyena, who was more occupied with wanting to play with Eevee at the moment now than his other Pokemon, due to there being so many Pokemon to play with. His other Pokemon didn't really feel like they can choose very well.

It was then that a young man approached with an Axew on his shoulder before the little dino Pokemon jumped off and began to greet the group of Pokemon before them. Remus nodded in agreement to Sterling's statement as he watched the little Axew run to play with the others.

Remus then turned his attention to Karla, who introduced herself and then showed off her Pokemon, as well. He thought the Espurr was adorable, but was saddened that it was too shy to come to him. He's always wanted one for his farm back at home and to have one regardless as a companion. Remus's Houndour watched as the remaining Pokemon from Karla were released and had walked to both Leo and Max and sniffed them both before wanting to play with them.

Remus's Vulpix then walked up to Kaipo and Hani and watched as Hani was hiding behind the other Vulpix. Wanting to make it easier for the other Kantonian Vulpix, she wagged her tails playfully and chirped and mewled at both Kaipo and Hani, as she wanted to make a posse of Vulpix, now that there was enough of them for that.

Meanwhile, Remus'd PokeNav Plus let out a little buzz and he flipped out his PokeNav, which resembled a GameBoy Advanced SP with a difference in buttons and the addition of a touch screen. Remus found a text message was sent from his mother telling him to be careful out there and have fun making new friends. Smiling, he quickly texted her back with a short reply before shutting the thing off and stuffing it in his coat pocket.

It was at this point he realized his PokeDex had a blinking light and he saw that the PokeDex entries were being updated with all Pokemon he was seeing at the moment. Nine PokeDex entries had been filled already, and while the light was still blinking Remus decided it was best to look these over when he had the chance instead of doing it now, so he stuffed the PokeDex in his coat pocket and watched everyone and their Pokemon.

His gaze was similar to that of a careful parent who wanted to make sure everyone was treating each other well and there wasn't going to be a fight occurring between the Pokemon. Being in a Pokemon Ranch that was also the Breeding Center in the Hoenn region led to him acquiring this skill of still being able to listen while also keeping a watchful eye of everyone involved. It's not like he doesn't trust anyone or his own Pokemon, or even himself for that matter, he just grew up becoming the middle man and the peace keeper at home and it showed now as his eyes twinkled with enthusiasm, but with a careful edge, as well.

Monica had been awaiting her turn, her foot tapping lightly on the smooth, white tile of the Professor's Lab. Others had been coming in and out- four, maybe five or six people before her- and she had been waiting patiently for awhile. She had heard Professor Oak give the speech a few times, catching onto things more and more as he delivered the same words. However, the door opened more hastily this time, and a girl clad in a Wooper silhouette long sleeve rushed in. The girl was panting heavily, like a Meowstic on a hot day, and Monica immediately recognized her, tapping the seat beside her lightly with her palm. "Hey, Haley. Over here." Monica said with a grin, and Haley plo pped down beside her. Monica was now noticing that Everette was holding her Wooper, Woobles, and a Moon Ball firmly in her hand.

"H-Hi. Sorry I was a bit late- I woke up from the Motel in Viridian and I had to get here as fast as I could. A-A darn Rattata tried to get Woobles!" Haley spoke, rather exasperated, stuffing the Moon Ball in her 'fanny pack' or sorts to fan her sweaty face. "No problem. I got here an hour ago- the monorail almost derailed to Kiloude City before stopping at the airport, so I had some trouble myself back in Kalos." Monica spoke, moving her hand to pet the small Wooper Haley held carefully in her arms. "I get it. The subways back in Unova can be no different." Haley seemed to regain her breath, wiping her forehead before calming. Woobles received the pet well, the little bud crying out in joy. "Woop-Woo!" Monica and Haley both laughed at this, both of them happy to see one another again.

"Hey, where's Babs and Adara? You did pick up Adara from Grandma on the way here, right?" Haley asked, and Monica nodded at the latter statement. "I did, but they're both in their Pokeballs. I didn't want them to be overstimulated by all the stuff that's been going about, people coming in left and right." Haley nodded, and they began to sit in silence until their names were called- together, surprisingly? "Everette and De Fleur?"

Monica got up, taking Haley's hand and leading them into the area. "Greetings you two. Been a busy day, hasn't it?" Professor Oak was sat behind a pile of boxes- when Monica walked in she noticed the pile was higher, but seeing how many trainers went in and heard his speech, it made sense the pile was a bit lower. "It seems like it has. Hello from the two of us, Professor." Haley spoke for Monica, the blonde busy staring at all the lab equipment scattered about, recording data with a multitude of beeps.

"All is well, of course. I've gotten in touch with Maurice and Clyde about getting you both a Pokedex- after all you're pretty much of age." Professor Oak mumbled, grabbing two boxes, each a smooth metal. Oak then handed them the parcels, each girl getting their own. monica felt the smooth box- it was cold, probably because the lab itself was pretty much freezing. "In that box is all you'll need, a Pokedex assigned to both of you, a guide for treating and caring for Pokemon, with chapters such as 'The Treating of Sick Specimen', and 'A Guide to Treating Rock Types', and a few Pokeballs and Potions. My treat, of course." Monica nodded, and Haley laughed lightly at the Professor's wild ramblings. "And finally, the box itself is my newest invention- believe it or not- the Pokebox. It is a sort of...portable PC system." Monica brightened. "Like Cassius's PC?" Monica piped up, finding something she recognized in the jumble of words.

"Of course, like Cassius's PC. Except, this time, it's portable, instead of you having to head to a Pokemon Center, you can fish this little 'fella out and keep your Pokemon with you at all times." Woobles, the Wooper who hadn't made a peep since being pet, looked in wonder at the device, spawning enough interest to snatch Haley's box and try to eat it. "Woobles!" Monica and Professor Oak laughed, as Haley moved the box away from the Water Fish Pokemon's reach. "It seems your Wooper has quite a liking for shiny objects." Professor Oak noted, and Haley let out a sigh. "Ya think?"

After everything calmed down, the two girls said their goodbyes to the Professor. "Make sure to say hello to your fathers for me when you get the chance!" Monica nodded, grabbing Haley by the hand and dashing out into the clearing, the sun hitting her skin and making her feel refreshed. Haley laughed, but stopped. "Hold up, I have to make sure Woobles is hydrated." Haley pulled off her backpack, in which she took out a sealed jar of water. Everette carefully poured the water onto the Water Fish, Woobles happily shaking it's antler-like girlls, a happy reaction to being hydrated. Haley then got back up, putting away the jar. "Sorry, it's to make sure Woobles doesn't have to produce is poison film- I don't want him to hurt me on accident." Haley spoke, and Monica nodded, grabbing Babs's Pokeball from her belt. She threw the Pokeball, and from the red-tinted silhouette appeared the Poodle Pokemon. "Frou-o!"

Last edited:
In a flash of light, an Abra dropped a lanky teenage boy into the middle of the lab. The boy called out a, "Bye, Safe," as the Pokémon's form stretched out into white beams of light, mid-wave goodbye. Connor undid a button shaped like Spiritomb's face on his pure black book-bag, then pulled a letter from within the bag's dark type-patterned interior. He brushed off a black suit that looked like it came straight out of a Dracula movie, accessorized with a blood-red jabot around his neck and sparkling golden cuff links whose looped chains hung past his hands. His down-to-the-knee coattails swayed behind him as he stepped closer to the table.

"Connor Sanders," he introduced himself. "I got a letter... at my home address..." He pulled out a stack of identical letters. "Then at my dad's business addresses. Kanto..." He set a letter addressed to a company HQ in Kanto down on the table. "Unova..." Again, this time addressed to the same company in Unova, which redirected to an apartment in Kanto. "Sinnoh..." He set down a third, with the same redirect stamped on it as the Unova letter. "Kalos." The pile grew. "Hoenn." The letters towered. "Orre." He built a structure now. "Johto." This was getting ridiculous. He just set the rest of the letters on top.

"I had to promise my dad this wasn't going to happen again," he explained, "Sorry." After that bit of embarrassment, Professor Oak gathered himself and went through his speech again. Pokéballs, the Pokédex, a book about Pokémon care... and something called the Pokémon Box. Something that worked like a portable PC... He had to wonder what happened if they went to a place with no way to connect to the PC database, but that was why they were testing it, wasn't it?

He probably didn't need the book much yet, but he set it between the flaps of his book bag anyway. Everything else, too. If that was all, he'd be out of the lab in two shakes of a rabbit's tail.

So, first things first on his journey of exploration and self-discovery: Make at least one friend. One thing was for sure: 99.9% of everyone loved Pokémon. So, all he had to do... He released a Murkrow out into the open air from his single occupied Pokéball, who circled around the boy at first-- then perched on top of his head, content to make a facsimile of a nest out of the boy's long hair. With the bird balanced perfectly atop his head, he walked past a pair of girls with a Wooper who seemed to know each other-- Sisters, maybe? It was worth a shot to try and introduce himself.

"Are you here for the Pokémon Box thing, too?" he asked, hoping to break the ice.

Amra looked towards the guy who walked up to her. Buneary had snuggled into her hair. "Well my name is Amra. I am from Jubilife town, in Sinnoh. My plane was late. I am here to meet this guy named Oak. He sent me a letter for me to meet him Pallet town. This was the closest flight to there. You wouldn't happen to know the way there do you?"

“Yeah if you wanna follow me I’ll show you the way.” Wes replies cheerfully. “You must be pretty strong if you were brought here all the way from Sinnoh.” Wes said genuinely intrigued by the girl as he began walking back down route one, leading the way. “Wanna have a battle? Plus if you seem strong enough I might consider traveling with you, it seems like a lot of the trainers are forming groups.” Wes joked while letting out a playful smile.

Amra walked with Wes. She listened as he spoke about her being brought from another region. "Sure a battle sounds like fun. Buneary loves to battle new people. I think I see a clearing we can use over there. This way we don't block the route from the others." Amra put the egg container into her bag very gently. It would be safe until she finished her battle with this guy.

Chai seemed excited by the mention of a Buneary, after all it was from its native region of Sinnoh. Wes headed over to the clearing “Sounds good.” He chimed. Wes looked up at the electric cat Pokémon, but decided against using the Shinx for the battle. Let’s show we’re special Wes thought. “Kobu, you’re up!” He said to his Squirtle. The turtle nodded and took on a serious expression before walking out to battle.

Amra walked over to opposite side of the clearing and readied herself for the battle. Buneary jumped from her shoulder done a front flip and landed on her feet with her arms out. She looked very graceful. "You got this Buneary. Lets show them what we can do." Buneary got into a fighting stance and readied for her opponents attack.

Haley brushed off her knees- she had gotten a bit of the dirt from the path onto herself when she gave Woobles a little bath. She paused, for a second, before petting Woobles, who immediately greeted the fancy Poodle Pokemon by pressing it's head against the Poodle's leg. "Woo-Woo!" Woobles trilled, and Babs reached down to lightly touch her nose to the Wooper's forehead. "Gosh, they're cute." Haley spoke, rather ecstatic, placing her hands on her cheeks. Monica laughed, reaching down to pet Babs.

"We specialize in the cutests of the cute, and those who we find appealing. What do you expect?" Monica spoke, running her hand through her hair. She had seen a group of trainers up ahead, but she expressed no interest in joining such a large party. Babs seemed to agree, the Poodle Pokemon quickly moving to her owner's side, placing one leg in front of the other and quickly pointing her face up, causing her ears to move like Babs was flipping her hair. "Or should I say our Pokemon are beautiful- I can tell Babs is in much better shape since I've last seen her." Haley spoke, one hand near her lips as she chuckled. "Frou-ou!" Babs barked, as if trying to voice her opinion on how beautiful she really was. "Alright, alright. We know you're a star." Monica then spoke, getting on her knees and petting Babs, who in turn licked De Fleur's face a multitude of times. "Ack! I get it, stop that-" Monica then got back up, quick to wipe her face of her Dog's slobber.

Haley scooped up Woobles, before she heard a voice coming from somewhere around them- she didn't know where, since she had her eyes closed. However, once she turned, she was met with the face of a guy. He stood a bit taller than Haley herself and Monica- so she estimated he was probably over 5'9". He had long black hair- it was an uncommon choice for guys, but by no means was she going to comment, and a strikingly monochrome outfit. In his hair nested a Murkrow, another uncommon choice, but Murkrow were quite pretty.

Monica waved as the guy spoke, skating over to Haley's side and placing her arm on the shorter's head. "Yeah, we're here for it. I think that group over there is too- but I think with your choice to speak to us you aren't too interested in that crowd." Monica pointed a delicate finger over to the people speaking in the distance, before her Furfrou joined her side and De Fleur supposed she would give an introduction. "I'm Monica De Fleur, and this is my sister Haley Everette. As you can probably see, our Pokemon are Babs and Woobles, and I'm sure you can dechipher species."

De Fleur hoped she hadn't sounded too rude- but she was sure the dude would understand what she rambled about. Monica then noted Haley's quietness, but it was probably because Monica had taken over. "Yeah, I'm Haley. Nice to meet ya." Haley smiled, and Monica relaxed. Babs barked from below, she was by no means trying to scare the Murkrow sat atop the guy's hair, but instead she only barked as a greeting. Woobles twitched his antler gills, trilling. "Woop!"

Wes noted the rare shiny coloring of Buneary, and a smile came across his face. She’s not the only one with a special Pokémon he thought while looking at his Squirtle. “Alright Kobu use mist.” Wes ordered his Pokémon. The field became shrouded in fog, making it nearly impossible to see. “Now double team then aura sphere.” Wes said calmly to his Pokémon. Kobu began multiplying, soon there was more than ten copies of Kobu. The Squirtle clones used the mist as cover and farted around to remain hidden. All of them then let out an aura sphere aimed at the Buneary. Wes smiled, this battle would be over quickly. He had learned from Oaks notes that aura sphere is unavoidable, and he had already known that normal is weak to fighting.

"Buneary use bounce." Buneary jumped high above the fog. She was able to avoid the move. Amra thought this move was smart, though not smart enough. "Buneary bow use sunny day." Buneary intensified the suns rays. It powered up fire type moves. Though Amra knew fire was weak to water, it would also let her use solar beam without having to wait to charge. "Buneary now use solar beam." Buneary began to glow a bright yellow for a breif moment. She the let out a huge beam of light that she used to hit the clones and to clear the fog. She then sent the beam right for the original one.

Wes smiled, this would be over soon. Buneary was trapped in the air, unable to change directions at this point. He was not phased by the high powered solar beam heading for his water type. “Kobu use mirror coat.” He softly commanded. The squirtle’s shell began to shine a reflective white color and was hit directly by the beam, only to send it right back towards the attacker, with Kobu left unphased. Now the attack was heading straight towards the Buneary, but Wes wanted to guarantee victory. “Kobu use water pledge!” He shouted and a geyser of water erupted from the ground, targeting Buneary.

"Buneary use iron tail to deflect the solar beam." Buneary's tail turned a dark grey and hit the beam right to the side. "Now use protect." The water pulse would have hit the bunny pokemon if she did not coat herself in a light shield. The water seemed to just run off her. Buneary landed right behind the turtle pokemon. "Now use charge beam." Buneary opened her mouth and a big beam of crackling energy was sent right at the blue pokemon.

“Kobu quick! Another mirror coat!” Wes shouted, had the Buneary not have landed behind the Squirtle, it probably wouldn’t have had the time to turn around and activate the mirror coat. But, luckily for Wes, Squirtles are one of the few Pokémon whose backs are their strongest points. The shell began to glow and sent the charge beam right back. “Now create some space, then use rain dance.” Kobu jumped away from Buneary, then shot a burst of water towards the sky. Thunder Clouds rolled in almost instantly, surrounding them and blocking out the harsh sun. Wes knew his Squirtle was at an advantage now. “Kobu use muddy water.” A huge wave of murky water appeared behind the blue turtle and crashed towards Buneary. Once the wave was in front of Kobu, hiding the image of anything behind it, Wes looked at Kobu. “Use dig.” Wes ordered his Squirtle, too quiet for the opponent to hear.

"Buneary use Ice beam to stall the beam." Buneary opened her mouth and sent out a large beam of ice. It hit the charge beam and sizzled out. Both beams stopped. Amra could not see where the turtle went. Well we are not going to allow them to get that close. "Buneary use bounce." Buneary jumped in the air and landed on a strudy tree branch. "Now that it is raining use thunderbolt as soon as you see them. Where they thcome from."

Last edited:
Wes waited for the Squirtle to emerge, trying to plan the next move. His eyes scanned the ground, trying to find a hint of where the Pokémon might emerge. It was then he noticed it, tiny holes in the ground all around the tree, barley detectable. This one really is special thought Wes as he caught on to Kobu’s plan. Once there was enough holes, Wes shouted “Do it now!” Kobu let out a water spout and a pillar of water erupted from the ground, reaching up to the sky in less than a second and engulfing the area around the tree.

"Now buneary. Aim at the water!" Buneary focused and shot a large bolt of lightning at the water. As it fell. "Use protect to protect yourself from the electricity." Buneary was surrounded in a light shield as the bolt hit the water.

“That would’ve been a great move... if Kobu was still in the water.” He remarked victoriously, “Now, Ice punch!” The Squirtle emerged from the tree, it’s ice cloaked fist was mere fractions of seconds from colliding with Buneary.

"Iron tail! We will not go down without a fight." Buneary's tail turned a dark grey and collided with the glowing tail of squrtle. "Now use charge beam!" Buneary opened her mouth and sent a beam of yellow right at the squrtle. With the squrtle right in front of her she could not possibly miss."

“Kobu retract your head!” The Squirtle’s head disappeared into its shell, narrowly avoiding the dangerous attack. “Now grab it with your free hand and use zen headbutt!” Kobu gripped the turf of fur around Buneary’s neck and pulled itself into the bunny to attack.

“Don’t let go! Still hit it with the Zen headbutt.” Kobu’s head collided with the bunny. “Now seismic toss.” Kobu locked into Buneary with a n inescapable grip and held onto the Pokémon as they fell downwards, with Buneary set to make impact first.

"Use dizzy punch." Buneary brought her fist back and aimed right for squrtle's head as it went to headbut her. "Buneary use endure! Then rotate both of you to make sure he is under you." Buneary used the momentum of Kobu to turn and reverse who is on top.

Last edited:
Kobu was just about to hit the ground, “Aqua Jet, then Aqua tail.” Kobu quickly escaped Buneary’s grasps then slammed the opponent’s back into the ground with Aqua tail. Not wanting to let up for a moment, Wes commanded Kobu to use ice beam then ice punch. This is it thought Wes. The ice beam stuck the rabbit in place and Kobu’s ice cloaked fist slammed into the grounded Pokémon.