• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Journey into Kanto: Discussion

Name: Felix Delgado

Physical Description: 5'10. Dark, slightly wavy but short brown hair frames blue-ish green eyes, and his bright smile stands out in contrast to his caramel-hued skin.
Default Outfit: Frequently wears black multipurpose shorts, a black t-shirt that barely hints at his toned and athletic frame, and black and white sneakers, sometimes wearing a dark blue or red light hoodie.

Backstory: Since the day he could crawl, Felix has always been discovering things. From the inside of the washing maching to the top branches of trees, he loved adventure. When he was young, he would always imagine he had his own team of Pokemon to help ward off the invisible army of enemies that lived in the areas around Fuchsia City, the place where he grew up. He liked to think he had a fairly okay childhood, void of his father though it was, yet he seldom seemed to even acknowledge that fact. Felix had a habit of pushing his negative feelings away rather than dealing with them outright, and though his mother attempted to help with that, he refused. He always kept himself distracted somehow, either by going to the beach with his friends or family, visiting his city's Safari Zone, or by simply dreaming of doing something more.

The sixteen year-old started late, just a year before his latest birthday, but was lucky enough to get the opportunity to finally leave town on his own, like he always dreamed. Felix wanted to go abroad, take risks, meet new people, learn new customs; and after saving up, he did just that. He was heading off.

Hometown: Fuchsia City

Pokèmon: Aron (nicknamed Atlas)

Personality: Felix was always the classic 'jerk with a heart of gold' case... though it may be a stretch to label him a jerk. To those who see him passing by on the road, he just seems to be this quiet, proper, almost scary individual, never talking unless he is spoken to and wearing the most disinterested expression constantly. But once he is befriended, he is kind, albeit jokingly sarcastic, a little hot-headed at times, but a big sweetheart. He is very empathetic, but when the rare occasion arises where he doesn't like someone, he will simply avoid them - unless he is pushed to reveal his repressed mean streak. He loves travelling, and is always up for a new adventure, especially if it's far away. If he has known someone long enough, in his mind, they're family. While he still struggles with insecurities, and can be a bit of a cynic, he tries to see the positives in life.

Extra: N/A

Pokèmon: Atlas
Species: Aron
Backstory: Felix's mother won Atlas as an egg during a game night with some family friends, which she gifted to the young man for his last birthday. The Pokemon hatched not a few days after that, and Felix fell in love. The little Aron became the most precious individual in the young man's life, and the Aron returned his partner's love without question. He was just as excited to jump at the chance of adventure as his trainer, if not more so.
Ability: Sturdy
Positives: Like his trainer, Atlas is usually reserved but is a loveable creature. For the most part well-trained, he is a quick learner but also loves to play. Eating is his favorite activity.
Negatives: As he is still rather young, only a few months old, Atlas is not totally aware of his own strength even with the little battle experience he had.

Hope this is okay!

Name: Felix Delgado

Physical Description: 5'10. Dark, slightly wavy but short brown hair frames blue-ish green eyes, and his bright smile stands out in contrast to his caramel-hued skin.
Default Outfit: Frequently wears black multipurpose shorts, a black t-shirt that barely hints at his toned and athletic frame, and black and white sneakers, sometimes wearing a dark blue or red light hoodie.

Backstory: Since the day he could crawl, Felix has always been discovering things. From the inside of the washing maching to the top branches of trees, he loved adventure. When he was young, he would always imagine he had his own team of Pokemon to help ward off the invisible army of enemies that lived in the areas around Fuchsia City, the place where he grew up. He liked to think he had a fairly okay childhood, void of his father though it was, yet he seldom seemed to even acknowledge that fact. Felix had a habit of pushing his negative feelings away rather than dealing with them outright, and though his mother attempted to help with that, he refused. He always kept himself distracted somehow, either by going to the beach with his friends or family, visiting his city's Safari Zone, or by simply dreaming of doing something more.

The sixteen year-old started late, just a year before his latest birthday, but was lucky enough to get the opportunity to finally leave town on his own, like he always dreamed. Felix wanted to go abroad, take risks, meet new people, learn new customs; and after saving up, he did just that. He was heading off.

Hometown: Fuchsia City

Pokèmon: Aron (nicknamed Atlas)

Personality: Felix was always the classic 'jerk with a heart of gold' case... though it may be a stretch to label him a jerk. To those who see him passing by on the road, he just seems to be this quiet, proper, almost scary individual, never talking unless he is spoken to and wearing the most disinterested expression constantly. But once he is befriended, he is kind, albeit jokingly sarcastic, a little hot-headed at times, but a big sweetheart. He is very empathetic, but when the rare occasion arises where he doesn't like someone, he will simply avoid them - unless he is pushed to reveal his repressed mean streak. He loves travelling, and is always up for a new adventure, especially if it's far away. If he has known someone long enough, in his mind, they're family. While he still struggles with insecurities, and can be a bit of a cynic, he tries to see the positives in life.

Pokèmon: Atlas
Species: Aron
Backstory: Felix's mother won Atlas as an egg during a game night with some family friends, which she gifted to the young man for his last birthday. The Pokemon hatched not a few days after that, and Felix fell in love. The little Aron became the most precious individual in the young man's life, and the Aron returned his partner's love without question. He was just as excited to jump at the chance of adventure as his trainer, if not more so.
Ability: Sturdy
Positives: Like his trainer, Atlas is usually reserved but is a loveable creature. For the most part well-trained, he is a quick learner but also loves to play. Eating is his favorite activity.
Negatives: As he is still rather young, only a few months old, Atlas is not totally aware of his own strength even with the little battle experience he had.

Hope this is okay!
Looks just fine! Go ahead and jump on in! I posted a new RP is anyone is interested in it as well as this one! I'll link it :3

Name:Mauro
Physical Description:none
Default Outfit:Yellow shirt and short and black shoes
Backstory:i was in Prof. Oak's lab and did tell about a journey along in the region and did gave me a Bulbasaur
Hometown:Lumionse Town
Pokèmon: Bulbasaur
Positives:Get more Pokemon and train them
Negatives:See my pokemons get hurt badly
Extra:none

Pokèmon: Sparky
Species: pichu
(Has to be equivalent to a level 5)
Backstory:i found a pichu in route 4 and i did tried to catch it and did work
Ability:Static
Positives:pichu's could in a future can evolve into a raichu
Negatives:See pichu injured

Name:Mauro
Physical Description:none
Default Outfit:Yellow shirt and short and black shoes
Backstory:i was in Prof. Oak's lab and did tell about a journey along in the region and did gave me a Bulbasaur
Hometown:Lumionse Town
Pokèmon: Bulbasaur

Positives:Get more Pokemon and train them
Negatives:See my pokemons get hurt badly
Extra:none

Pokèmon: Sparky
Species: pichu
(Has to be equivalent to a level 5)
Backstory:i found a pichu in route 4 and i did tried to catch it and did work
Ability:Static
Positives:pichu's could in a future can evolve into a raichu
Negatives:See pichu injured
Thank you for submitting your character sheet but unfortunately your character was lacking in many areas. There wasn't much description and I didn't get much information from you about your character at all.

Name Ethan or Gold
Gender Male
Age 10
Physical Description: pale skin , grey eyes , black hair
Default Outfit: red and white hoodie with black T-shirt , he has a black short with red and white shoes and also has a hat yellow in the middle and black for the rest of the hat
Backstory: Ethan always looked up to the TV watching pokemon leagues , when he got his first pokemon he was so happy
Hometown: New bark town
Pokèmon: Typhlosion,togepi,Ampharos,donphan,Poliwrath, Sunflora

Positives: he is nice
Negatives: does not really have negatives
Extra: none

Name Ethan or Gold
Gender Male
Age 10
Physical Description: pale skin , grey eyes , black hair
Default Outfit: red and white hoodie with black T-shirt , he has a black short with red and white shoes and also has a hat yellow in the middle and black for the rest of the hat
Backstory: Ethan always looked up to the TV watching pokemon leagues , when he got his first pokemon he was so happy
Hometown: New bark town
Pokèmon: Typhlosion,togepi,Ampharos,donphan,Poliwrath, Sunflora

Positives: he is nice
Negatives: does not really have negatives
Extra: none
Look, buddy, I respect your interest in the story but this is strictly a Kanto journey not the journey from Silver/Crystal/Gold. Here, you have to have a pokemon that is equivalent to level five and ONLY one unless you had a pre-evolved pokemon before hand with equivalent to a level 5 pokemon.

Secondly, your grammar and sentence structure was a little lacking. The descriptions were very low and I see that your character doesn't have a single negative - Your character has to have a negative because OP characters are against the rules. Make sure you read those over again.

Name: Dominic "Nugget" Bolton
Gender Male
Age 12
Physical Description: Very short, medium size hair, blue eyes.
Default Outfit: Anything blue, wears glasses.
Backstory: He just moved here from Iki town, Alola and is going to travel Kanto to figure out the secrets the region holds.
Hometown: Iki town
Pokèmon: Rowlet (Robin Hoot)
Positives: He can cook really good food.

Negatives: He's always hungry.

Pokèmon: Robin Hoot
Species: Rowlet
Backstory: Hala gave his, Sun's and Hau's starter pokemon on Alola
Ability: Long reach
Positives: His ability
Negatives: Usually asleep

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Dominic "Nugget" Bolton
Gender Male
Age 12
Physical Description: Very short, medium size hair, blue eyes.
Default Outfit: Anything blue
Backstory: He just moved here from Iki town, Alola.
Hometown: Iki
Pokèmon: Rowlet

Positives: none
Negatives: none
Extra: Usually hungry

Pokèmon: Robin Hoot
Species: Rowlet
Lv.8
Backstory: Hala gave his, Sun's and Hau's starter pokemon on Alola
Ability: Long reach
Positives: ???
Negatives: ???
Extra:usually asleep
For your character sheet you're missing a lot. You need more description for your character for us to better understand him.

Hey, all!

So it's late and I'm bored and can't sleep, so I was wondering if anyone had any major plot ideas we could start working on? For example, we run into an NPC or two being harassed by 'mysterious figures' and our heroes save them, a la Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Just a little something to introduce the main conflict, maybe, which I assume is Team Rocket's return to Kanto?

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Well, I missed a lot of stuff apparently. Sorry about the inactivity, it appears that I haven't been getting alerts for this RP. I recently checked to see if this was still going and I was more than surprised when I saw three pages on the main RP. I'm hoping it's still possible for me to join in.

Is it too late to join in?

EDIT:
Name: Aelan Licht
Physical Description: Around 5'06" and thin, but not unhealthily so. Wears black glasses that frame brown eyes, and he absolutely needs them to see. Dark circles under his eyes from many sleepless nights. Light Brown hair that looks like it was once a nice length, but is currently a little too long and oily from lack of care.
Default outfit: A light blue T-shirt and cargo shorts, with a black hoodie tied around his waist. The hoodie originally belonged to Tyler. Also carries a brown backpack with a low amount of supplies in it.
Backstory: Aelan had lived in a small island town sharing a name with the island itself, in the Sevii archipelago: Three Island, Three Island; the locals called it. Aelan just called it home. For as tiny as it was, there were some perks: How many other kids could say they took a boat to school? It wasn't all great, though. The Sevii islands were a popular getaway spot, leading to a constant stream of kids coming into Aelan's life, then his getting attached, then them leaving, never to be seen by him again. On top of that, Aelan's quiet attitude and somewhat lacking interest in Pokémon never really let him click with the kids who did stay, meaning his only friends were often with him for a few months at most, That all changed when he was 14, and a new kid showed up, and Aelan was instantly interested. The new boy's name was Tyler, and unlike everyone else here to stay, he went to Aelan first. An awkward friendship was formed, that slowly blossomed into something that Aelan wanted to push further, for two years. Aelan showed Tyler all the best places on Three Island that were hard to get at, and Tyler, for all his wanderlust, helped Aelan feel less alone. One night, after hearing about Aelan's disdain for Pokémon, Tyler and Aelan went to Bond Bridge and Tyler caught Aelan a Psyduck, which Aelan treasured. That night was the night Aelan would look back on as the night he really, truly fell for Tyler. Before he could tell Tyler how he felt, though, Tyler vanished without a trace a few months later. Aelan was crushed, and after a few days found he could not sit still and wait for Tyler to return. Taking his Psyduck, he left to find his love...
Hometown: Three Island (Yes, this is the name of the town)
Pokémon: Psyduck
Positives: Solid physical endurance and knowledge around water
Negatives: Begins to break down if he's without human contact too long, incredibly fixated on his goal (which can be both a plus and a minus)

Pokémon: 1
Species: Psyduck (Nickname: Raindrop)
Backstory:
Exactly as described above, Tyler caught Aelan this Psyduck to help him like Pokémon more.
Ability: Damp
Positives: Intensely loyal to Aelan, good perseverance
Negatives: Poor memory, sometimes even forgetting Aelan's orders
Extra: Just gonna put Psyduck's base moveset here to remember it (Water Sport, Scratch, Growl).
I hope this is okay? I kinda worldbuilt the Sevii islands more than I thought I would. Looking forward this, should I be added.

Last edited:
Name: Astrid Kiragaya

Physical Description: A very short and slim girl. She has really dark brown hair that is tied into a ponytail. Her eyes are black, a lighter shade then her hair. She has very pale skin and rosy cheeks.
Default Outfit: A white tang top with an orange open hoodie and black sweatpants. She wears glasses and a pokéball necklace around her neck. She has white socks that go up to her ankle with black shoes.
Backstory: She first lived on the Johto region, with her mom, dad, and older sister. Her older sister set out on a journey when she was 5, this inspired her to one day become a trainer herself. But before she left she gave her sister a Sentret that they had raised together from an egg. When they moved to Kanto, her sister came along.
Hometown: New Bark Town
Pokèmon: Sentret
Positives: Extremley smart and a quick thinker. She's creative and can handle herself in a battle.
Negatives: She's really quiet and shy, making it hard for her to make friends, she also has anxiety.
Extra: She's normally seen carrying around a book or two along with a orang messenger bag.

Pokèmon: 1
Species: Sentret
Backstory: She was hatched from an egg by Astrid and her older sister. She instantly became attached to Astrid at first sight and hates being without her
Ability: Keen Eye
Positives: Friendly and outgoing, nice to most people, carring and selfless
Negatives: Not really powerful and can't go anywhere without Astrid
Extra: None

Name: Astrid Kiragaya
Physical Description: A very short and slim girl. She has really dark brown hair that is tied into a ponytail. Her eyes are black, a lighter shade then her hair. She has very pale skin and rosy cheeks.
Default Outfit: A white tang top with an orange open hoodie and black sweatpants. She wears glasses and a pokéball necklace around her neck. She has white socks that go up to her ankle with black shoes.
Backstory: She first lived on the Johto region, with her mom, dad, and older sister. Her older sister set out on a journey when she was 5, this inspired her to one day become a trainer herself. But before she left she gave her sister a Sentret that they had raised together from an egg. When they moved to Kanto, her sister came along.
Hometown: New Bark Town
Pokèmon: Sentret

Positives: Extremley smart and a quick thinker. She's creative and can handle herself in a battle.
Negatives: She's really quiet and shy, making it hard for her to make friends, she also has anxiety.
Extra: She's normally seen carrying around a book or two along with a orang messenger bag.

Pokèmon: 1
Species: Sentret
Backstory: She was hatched from an egg by Astrid and her older sister. She instantly became attached to Astrid at first sight and hates being without her
Ability: Keen Eye
Positives: Friendly and outgoing, nice to most people, carring and selfless
Negatives: Not really powerful and can't go anywhere without Astrid
Extra: None

Is it too late to join in?

EDIT:
Name: Aelan Licht
Physical Description: Around 5'06" and thin, but not unhealthily so. Wears black glasses that frame brown eyes, and he absolutely needs them to see. Dark circles under his eyes from many sleepless nights. Light Brown hair that looks like it was once a nice length, but is currently a little too long and oily from lack of care.
Default outfit: A light blue T-shirt and cargo shorts, with a black hoodie tied around his waist. The hoodie originally belonged to Tyler. Also carries a brown backpack with a low amount of supplies in it.
Backstory: Aelan had lived in a small island town sharing a name with the island itself, in the Sevii archipelago: Three Island, Three Island; the locals called it. Aelan just called it home. For as tiny as it was, there were some perks: How many other kids could say they took a boat to school? It wasn't all great, though. The Sevii islands were a popular getaway spot, leading to a constant stream of kids coming into Aelan's life, then his getting attached, then them leaving, never to be seen by him again. On top of that, Aelan's quiet attitude and somewhat lacking interest in Pokémon never really let him click with the kids who did stay, meaning his only friends were often with him for a few months at most, That all changed when he was 14, and a new kid showed up, and Aelan was instantly interested. The new boy's name was Tyler, and unlike everyone else here to stay, he went to Aelan first. An awkward friendship was formed, that slowly blossomed into something that Aelan wanted to push further, for two years. Aelan showed Tyler all the best places on Three Island that were hard to get at, and Tyler, for all his wanderlust, helped Aelan feel less alone. One night, after hearing about Aelan's disdain for Pokémon, Tyler and Aelan went to Bond Bridge and Tyler caught Aelan a Psyduck, which Aelan treasured. That night was the night Aelan would look back on as the night he really, truly fell for Tyler. Before he could tell Tyler how he felt, though, Tyler vanished without a trace a few months later. Aelan was crushed, and after a few days found he could not sit still and wait for Tyler to return. Taking his Psyduck, he left to find his love...
Hometown: Three Island (Yes, this is the name of the town)
Pokémon: Psyduck
Positives: Solid physical endurance and knowledge around water
Negatives: Begins to break down if he's without human contact too long, incredibly fixated on his goal (which can be both a plus and a minus)

Pokémon: 1
Species: Psyduck (Nickname: Raindrop)
Backstory:
Exactly as described above, Tyler caught Aelan this Psyduck to help him like Pokémon more.
Ability: Damp
Positives: Intensely loyal to Aelan, good perseverance
Negatives: Poor memory, sometimes even forgetting Aelan's orders
Extra: Just gonna put Psyduck's base moveset here to remember it (Water Sport, Scratch, Growl)

I hope this is okay? I kinda worldbuilt the Sevii islands more than I thought I would. Looking forward this, should I be added.
Both of you are accepted but you'll need to find your way into the roleplay thread. Go for It!

Y

Yifun618

I love finding out that I haven’t been getting notifications for the discussion, don’t you? But yeah, has anyone else been having notification problems?

Okay, folks! The owner of the Museum is going to give out an egg to each one of you - an Eevee egg!

However, he'll also give the item necessary for it's evolution.

If you want a Vaporeon - He'll give you an Eevee egg AND a water stone.
If you want a Jolteon - He'll give you an Eevee egg AND a thunder stone.
If you want a Flareon - He'll give you an Eevee egg AND a fire stone.
If you want an Espeon - He'll give you an Eevee egg and a Soothe Bell
If you want an Umbreon - He'll give you an Eevee egg as well as a Soothe Bell.
If you want a Leafeon OR a Glaceon - He'll mark your map to show where the respected areas where you can evolve your Eevee to acquire a Leafeon or Glaceon.
If you want a Sylveon - He'll give you Pokepuffs from the Kalos region.

(Please leave the roleplaying of this man to me, as I have planned his answers and responses for each choice! Thanks, loves!)

May I Join?

Name: Florem Nagi

Physical Description: A small and tiny framed 5'0" girl with Cotton Candy pink hair that goes past her waist though it's usually in a lose braid, She has bright Amethyst eyes with a soft peach color to her skin.
Default Outfit: Florem wears a purple and black turtle neck with a grey skirt along with bright pink tennis shoes, she can also be seen with a grey backpack that has a purple cross on it.
Backstory: Florem is the daughter of a Pokemon Researcher Father and A Breeder/PokeDoctor Mother, due to always being a curious child she learned to make medicine and cook food from her mother to battling and studying Pokemon from her father. Florem's not very good with battling like others but she does the best she can, she honestly doesn't have much of an interest in the Pokemon League but instead she wants to travel around making friends and studying different types of Pokemon along her journey to be the best Pokemon Breeder/Researcher.
Hometown: Lavender Town, Kanto
Pokèmon: Spookz the Gastly
Positives: A bit Shy, Caring, Loves to Cook, Studious, Friendly, Will heal and help anyone be they people or pokemon
Negatives: Oblivious and Clumsy at times, Skittish around Electric Pokemon due to being scared of lightning (even though she tend to attract them), She can't swim, She has a Stuttering problem around new people
Extra: Florem carries medicine and cooking supplies in her backpack along with a small sewing kit, She is also often seen with a notepad and pencil in her hands along with a Gastly that hovers by her side

Pokèmon: Spookz
Species: Gastly
Backstory: Spookz was a wild Gastly that had met Florem when she was 7 years old in the woods lost and crying, not liking Florem's sad cries he made faces and played with her until her parents found her, after that Florem would come back and play with him until Spookz decided to follow her home and became apart of the family.
Ability: Levitate
Positives: Playful, Loyal, Protective, Loves Florem and her cooking, Helpful
Negatives: Holds a grudge except at Florem, Doesn't like any male's that come near his trainer, Mischievous, Doesn't have much experience Battling
Extra: Level 5, Known Moves Hypnosis and Lick

This sounds fun!

Name: Dylan (Gyung-Hoon) Sage
Physical Description: Dylan, being of Korean descent, has an Asian appearance. He has short black hair swept to the left, and a slightly tan skin tone. His eyes have a chocolate brown hue, and a pair of black rectangular glasses sits on his nose. Dylan stands at 5'6 and weighs in at 127 pounds.
Default Outfit: Dylan's normal attire usually consists of a plain tee with any solid color paired with black jeans or khakis. On his feet, he wears dark grey sneakers with black, low-cut socks. A black backpack is usually slung over his shoulder, and a watch can be seen around his left wrist.
Backstory: Dylan grew up in the region of Hoenn; Verdanturf, to be exact. Not much Pokemon battling took place around town, so Dylan saw most battles on TV. He fell in love with the spirit that came with battling at the age of 10, and he aspired to become the Pokemon Champion, taking notes on various strategies he saw in the battles he spectated. A few months later, his father found a job in Vermillion City, while his mother, longing for a more home-y condition in which to live, took Dylan to Pallet Town.
Hometown: Verdanturf Town
Pokèmon: Evindal
Positives: Dylan is very friendly, and quite charming. He's pretty extroverted, so he won't pass up a chance to make a new friend. He becomes very determined when battling, and it becomes very hard to break his focus while doing so.
Negatives: Dylan can sometimes be too friendly, and it often leads him to trust his friends too easily, making him susceptible to being used.

Pokèmon: Evindal
Species: Treecko
Backstory: Evindal was a gift given to Dylan by Professor Birch when Dylan was 11, and the Pokemon Professor of Hoenn suggested that he fill out the region Pokedex as part of his research. However, before Dylan could reach a decision, he moved to Kanto, and Professor Birch let him keep the Pokemon.
Ability: Overgrow
Positives: Evindal is very loyal, and like Dylan, is extremely focused when doing his job, especially battling.
Negatives: Evindal is just a bit too serious, and wouldn't partake in any "fun activities" with young Dylan.

Apologies for the short OC sheet; a bit occupied with school stuff nowadays