• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Journey into Kanto: Discussion

https://pokecharms.com/threads/journey-into-kanto.19128/ - for roleplay link

THE JOURNEY INTO KANTO

Hello! My name is Professor Oak, the professor of the Kanto region. My life is dedicated to studying and researching these creatures we call pokemon. You see, this world is inhabited by these wonderful creatures called pokemon that inhabit every square inch of the world. We, humans, work along side pokemon in the ultimate society. But, that's enough about me. Tell me about yourself, Are you a girl or a boy?

Name
Physical Description:
Default Outfit:
Backstory:
Hometown:
Pokèmon: (You are allowed one pokemon of your choosing so long as it's easily accessible of you can wait to choose a pokemon from Professor Oak. Only one pokemon unless I see your character fit)
Positives:
Negatives:
Extra:

Pokèmon: (if you choose to have a pokemon before your adventure through Kanto)
Species:
(Has to be equivalent to a level 5)
Backstory:
Positives:
Negatives:
Extra:

Ah! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the Kanto region, once more! I work in a research lab located in the Pallet Town, where most trainers in the area start their journey. If you're interested, perhaps you should stop by to see about my pokemon? Each trainer is entitled to a free pokemon at the age of ten! Now, are you ready? Your very own adventure is about to unfold! Let's take a trip to the world of pokemon!

You! You are now a trainer and are about to head out on an adventure in the Kanto region! How will you do? What pokemon will you find!? Will you become Kanto region Champion!? There is only one way to find out...

By the way, Team Rocket is back and better than ever~

Rules:

1. No legendaries will be seen or encountered or caught throughout the duration of this RP without the permission of the administrator. Any violation of this rule will be reported to higher authority and banned from role-playing.
2. No Auto-ing. (Forcing a hit on another players pokemon) I get that people like to win and if they believe their pokemon is the strongest than they must be a god. But here, you are not! So let things happen and let your pokemon get injured. It happens.
3. Levels won't exist in the roleplay but try to remember that you can't have a level 100 Pikachu that traveled on several journey's with you because the roleplay would simply be a dead stick. So, don't be a Mary sue or anything overpowered.
4. Each player is allowed the permission to have: TWO oc's. OR: One OC and one Canon character. OC's are better to me since you can find bonds with the characters you create but if you very well want to bring Ash or any other character from the anime or games along, go for it. ONLY ONE character from the games or anime is allowed per person. Thank you.
5. I frown upon swearing pretty heavily. With that being said, I forbid any cussing unless it's words like, "Hell," or, "Damn." Remember that we are merely children or slightly older than that and while kids nowadays have no filter, we live in the world of pokemon so F-Bombs arent dropped here.
6. Romance is always a nice thing but it has to have limits. We don't need a whole paragraph talking about you kissing someone or something else. Kissing is about as far as you're allowed to go - sex and makeout is banned from the site due to very good reason.
7. Making friends is always nice and should always be a top priority when going on a journey. If we get a lot of people you don't have to travel with the pact but always make sure you're having fun.
8. No bullying and I mean that in totality. What is the point on hammer-arming on someone because of their choices in the game or outside of it? If it bothers you, talk to them about it respectfully or send a message to myself or an administrator. Bullying is not tolerated and will be responded with harsh consequences.
9. Possibly the BIGGEST rule of role-playing... make sure you and everyone else is having fun. Thanks for reading!

Name: Zayne
Physical Description: Zayne is 5'7 with an average male build - not too strong but not weak at all. He has half-long brown hair that stretches across his forehead counter-clock wise. He has dark brown eyes and has very soft looking skin.
Default Outfit: Zayne wears black joggers that clutch tight to his legs while giving them air at the same time. For a shirt and jacket, he wears a white T-shirt under a black bomber jacket that is always half zipped up and exposing the shirt underneath. On his hands he wears fingerless gloves that simply keep his palms extra grip enhanced for better throwing of pokeballs.
Backstory: Zayne is Professor Oak's Cousin's Son, and was sent from the Alola Region to assist Professor Oak as a lab assistant. When he arrived, he was allowed his own pokemon but he wanted to catch his own. From there, He caught a Sandshrew. Zayne has trainer ambitions but usually keeps it under wraps while around the professor due to his high respect for the man.
Hometown: Iki Town, Alola.
Pokèmon: Sandshrew (You are allowed one pokemon of your choosing so long as it's easily accessible of you can wait to choose a pokemon from Professor Oak. Only one pokemon unless I see your character fit)
Positives: Zayne performs well under stress and is often admired by women without his knowledge. His battle tactics are always erratic and he focuses intensely when battling.
Negatives: unfortunately, Zayne doesn't make friends very well unless it's a boy. Girls make him act nervous and so he doesn't bond well with many. Also, Zayne hates dark type pokemon.
Extra: Zayne will be best friends with an OC I'll be introducing as well.

Species: Sandshrew
Backstory: Sandshrew was a pokemon that Zayne was allowed to catch with the help of Professor Oak. Only a couple weeks into their friendship, Sandshrew and Zayne have bonded very well.
Ability: Sand Veil
Positives: Sandshrew is very sweet but also eager to battle.
Negatives: Since Zayne doesn't have anyone to battle whenever Sandshrew gets eager to fight, he often just fights Zayne.
Extra: N/A

Name: Valerie
Physical Description: Valerie is an alluring person mainly for the fact that she's beautiful without knowing it. Having a standard young teenage girl build, she only stands to 5'2 and has bleach-blonde hair that is always thrown into a messy ponytail. Even with the ponytail, her hair nearly touches her lower back with ease and often blows around a lot with the wind. Blue eyes are apparent in her eyes which are like tropical oceans at all times.
Default Outfit: Valerie wears a white cardigan with no buttons or zippers - simply an open cardigan which can be pulled around each other to keep her a little bit warmer. It has a knit pattern through it that makes it even more comfy. Her pants are just bleached white short shorts that end three inches above her knee with the pockets exposed from under her shorts. Several inches down, her shoes are white and black skate shoes with white and pink socks under them. Finally, she wears a trainer hat over her long hair with the ponytail exiting out of the snap of the hat. It's simply a black and white trainer hat with a pokeball logo.
Backstory: Valerie is also from the Iki Town of Alola. When she was younger, her and Zayne would play around for hours just dreaming of becoming pokemon trainers. That's where they met and became best friends but she left for Kanto two years before he did. Ever since, she has been attending school and learning more about becoming a trainer. Her family is also excellent trainers so she is pushed heavily to be one.
Hometown: Iki Town, Alola
Pokèmon: (You are allowed one pokemon of your choosing so long as it's easily accessible of you can wait to choose a pokemon from Professor Oak. Only one pokemon unless I see your character fit) Azurill - Marill
Positives: Valerie is easily attractive and makes friends easy as well as IS a social butterfly. Valerie cares deeply for pokemon and knows how to heal critically injured pokemon due to school.
Negatives: Valerie doesn't perform well under pressure and often freezes in situations where she is needed. With a short term memory equivalent to a fly, Valerie forgets things a lot and acts on many things at once due to being so stubborn and energetic.

Species: Azurill - Marill
Backstory: Azurill was gifted to Valerie after she completed a full year of school in the Kanto region. From there, they have been bonding into best friends and will soon later evolve into a Marill.
Ability: Huge Power
Positives: Azurill is very friendly and becomes very attached to trainers but mainly Valerie.
Negatives: Azurill doesn't battle or train like Valerie wants and often goofs around - until it evolves, of course.

Last edited:
Ooh, I've never been in one of theses, not that I can recall. Do you mind me joining?

Name: Ace

Physical Description: Ace has brown, messy hair. He has fair skin and red eyes, said red eyes being contacts. Under the contacts are brown eyes instead. He stands roughly at 5'2" tall, which is decent for a fourteen year old.

Default Outfit: Ace wears casual clothing, a pair of blue jeans, a red solid color t-shirt, black shoes, and a white jacket with some markings. He wears a shoulder bag, carrying plently of berries instead of man-made items, this being where his hometown is.

Backstory: Ace originated from the Unova Region, on Floccecy Ranch. He was sent to the Kanto region after hours and hours of begging his parents. They allowed him under one circumstance, that was to participate in the Pokemon League, and do his best to become Champion, after his father, who became Unova's champion before he was ultimately defeated by Alder, Unova's new champion. They also gave him the decision to choose one Pokemon on the ranch to take with him. He ultimately chose Lucky, his Riolu, the two sharing a relatively close bond.

Hometown: Floccecy Ranch, Unova Region

Pokèmon: Riolu

Positives: Ace is fairy smart and understanding as well. He thinks a bit strategically instead of rushing in head first. This leads to a few battles in his favor.

Negatives: Ace is extremely lazy, when given the choice to do something for the benefit of the team, or not doing something for the team's downfall, he'll most likely choose to not do anything. He is also stubborn, choosing not to listen to things he doesn't think is right, ultimately leading to his downfall as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokèmon: Lucky

Species: Riolu

Backstory: Lucky was one of Ace's first Pokemon friends on Floccecy Ranch, so when asked to join Ace on an adventure through Kanto, he happily accepted. His father was owned by Ace's father, and he led Ace's father's team to victory when becoming the champion to the Unova League. He would love to make his father proud, in becoming Ace's fighting chance to completing the Kanto League.

Ability: Inner Focus

Positives: Lucky pushes himself to impress the others around him, which is both good and bad in some ways, but ultimately good, the Riolu pushing himself to achieve greatness. Lucky is a great fan of dancing, but most notably breakdancing, thinking it as the superior to other dances.

Negatives: Lucky is very easily distracted, expecialy by sweets, always put into a trance, the Riolu drooling over them and begging for them, much to Ace's displeasure.

Ooh, I've never been in one of theses, not that I can recall. Do you mind me joining?

Name: Ace

Physical Description: Ace has brown, messy hair. He has fair skin and red eyes, said red eyes being contacts. Under the contacts are brown eyes instead. He stands roughly at 5'2" tall, which is decent for a fourteen year old.

Default Outfit: Ace wears casual clothing, a pair of blue jeans, a red solid color t-shirt, black shoes, and a white jacket with some markings. He wears a shoulder bag, carrying plently of berries instead of man-made items, this being where his hometown is.

Backstory: Ace originated from the Unova Region, on Floccecy Ranch. He was sent to the Kanto region after hours and hours of begging his parents. They allowed him under one circumstance, that was to participate in the Pokemon League, and do his best to become Champion, after his father, who became Unova's champion before he was ultimately defeated by Alder, Unova's new champion. They also gave him the decision to choose one Pokemon on the ranch to take with him. He ultimately chose Lucky, his Riolu, the two sharing a relatively close bond.

Hometown: Floccecy Ranch, Unova Region

Pokèmon: Riolu

Positives: Ace is fairy smart and understanding as well. He thinks a bit strategically instead of rushing in head first. This leads to a few battles in his favor.

Negatives: Ace is extremely lazy, when given the choice to do something for the benefit of the team, or not doing something for the team's downfall, he'll most likely choose to not do anything. He is also stubborn, choosing not to listen to things he doesn't think is right, ultimately leading to his downfall as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokèmon: Lucky

Species: Riolu

Backstory: Lucky was one of Ace's first Pokemon friends on Floccecy Ranch, so when asked to join Ace on an adventure through Kanto, he happily accepted. His father was owned by Ace's father, and he led Ace's father's team to victory when becoming the champion to the Unova League. He would love to make his father proud, in becoming Ace's fighting chance to completing the Kanto League.

Ability: Inner Focus

Positives: Lucky pushes himself to impress the others around him, which is both good and bad in some ways, but ultimately good, the Riolu pushing himself to achieve greatness. Lucky is a great fan of dancing, but most notably breakdancing, thinking it as the superior to other dances.

Negatives: Lucky is very easily distracted, expecialy by sweets, always put into a trance, the Riolu drooling over them and begging for them, much to Ace's displeasure.
I would be very happy to have you join the adventure! I accept your sheet! Hit the link at the top of the screen and start role-playing my friend. ^.^

Alright, thank you~. I should be able to post in a few minutes or so.

EDIT: Are we allowed to grab Kantonian Starters at Professor Oak's lab. Seeing since Ace's partner is Riolu and not something like Bulbasaur, I just wanted to ask, just in case.

Alright, thank you~. I should be able to post in a few minutes or so.

EDIT: Are we allowed to grab Kantonian Starters at Professor Oak's lab. Seeing since Ace's partner is Riolu and not something like Bulbasaur, I just wanted to ask, just in case.
Do you mean, is it okay if you have Riolu AND a Bulbasaur? I would say yes so long as you have a good reason for picking it. (Bonding right off the bat, or they really like you) otherwise you could find one in the wild eventually.

But also you're allowed to have a pokemon that isn't a starter so pokemon like Sandshrew or Riolu are allowed!

Yes, to Riolu, and Bulbasaur. If we're doing an adventure in Kanto, I do think getting on Kanto Starter would be mandatory. But, if we are allowed to catch them in the wild later on, then I'm sure I can wait.

Heya, I'm interested in joining too! It's been a while since an RP has sparked my interest and I'm not experienced enough in my own opinion to write my own (I've tried, I've failed) so I would love to take part in this one.

Name: Chelsey
Physical Description: Chelsey has long black hair, which pairs well with her bright blue eyes. She stands at exactly 5 feet. Her skin is rather pale, as she's used to the cold of Snowpoint City.
Default Outfit: She wears black jeans all the time, the color of her sweater matching with her shoes. For Kanto, she chose primarily red. She has a scarf on her at all times too, just in case, in her white bag she carries with her wherever she goes.
Backstory: Chelsey grew up in the harsh weather of Snowpoint City. Her parents were both trainers, and thaught her how to train Pokémon at an early age. Her Father's Abomasnow was her best friend, and she wanted nothing more than a Snover. However, her parents didn't think she was ready for the Sinnoh region just yet. Her aunt Helena, who lives in Pellet Town, offered to let Chelsey come live with her for a few months, so she could journey through the Kanto region and become a more skilled trainer. And thus her adventure began!
Hometown: Snowpoint City.
Pokèmon: None.
Positives: Chelsey is eager to learn, and loves getting advice from other trainers. She quickly makes friends. Also, she cares a lot for other people and Pokémon, and will always make sure her friends are happy.
Negatives: You'd assume living in Snowpoint made her used to the cold, but nothing is more wrong. She is always cold, and will definitely uphold the journey if she can't warm herself up.
Extra: I don't know if I have to 'shotgun' a starter, but I'll take a Charmander if that's alright! You know, to keep her warm!

Hey there! It might be two weeks in real time before I can really get into posting, but I'll drop a character anyways if that's still alright!

Name: Addie
Physical Description: At least when she stands up straight, Addie is fair in stature at 5'6", though decently chubby as well. She has straight red hair that trails just past her shoulders and olive skin that hasn't seen much sun. A dense splash of freckles covers her nose, and she takes in the world through sea green eyes.
Default Outfit: Addie wears a green sundress over faded bluejeans, as well as purple, floral-print converse and a lavender sunhat to top it off.
Backstory: When a disease struck Addie bedridden at age eleven, doctors predicted that she would never walk again. Still, her single father was persistent, and put his faith into dozens of obscure (not to mention expensive) treatments to get her literally back onto her feet. Something finally worked five years later, though as money was tight by this point, her father decided that they needed to downsize. She and him moved to Kanto for a fresh start, and since supporting her further was looking increasingly dicey, Addie reluctantly agreed to her father's request for her to go on a journey, so he could stay at home and recover his bearings.
Hometown: Camphrier Town, Kalos
Pokèmon: Bunnelby
Positives: She's a proficient reader and often thinks outside the box, coming up with solutions to problems no matter how unconventional they may be. Her empathy for others is far-reaching, too.
Negatives: After spending so much time isolated from her peers, she's never really learned how to be properly social, and because of this, she's often self-conscious for the way she acts. Has no greater fear than making mistakes. Somewhat resentful of her own age, especially in the fact that so many of her fellow sixteen year olds have already taken off on their Pokemon journeys while she was stuck at home.
Extra: She doesn't like to let on about her condition. At the beginning of the journey, she'll still be a bit feeble as a residual effect of the medical procedure, and since the technology that revived her legs is relatively new, there's no telling if it'll last.

Pokèmon: Harvey
Species: Bunnelby
Backstory: Introduced to Addie by her father when she was twelve years old, Harvey's been her loyal caretaker for years, providing smiles on the worst days, and worrying for her all the while.
Ability: Pickup
Positives: Extremely loyal to Addie's protection. Incredibly brave.
Negatives: Often frantic. Hesitates to trust the people who enter Addie's life.
Extra: Will "pick things up" under extreme stress, i.e., steal from others. Addie forces him to return anything he pilfers, however.

Heya, I'm interested in joining too! It's been a while since an RP has sparked my interest and I'm not experienced enough in my own opinion to write my own (I've tried, I've failed) so I would love to take part in this one.

Name: Chelsey
Physical Description: Chelsey has long black hair, which pairs well with her bright blue eyes. She stands at exactly 5 feet. Her skin is rather pale, as she's used to the cold of Snowpoint City.
Default Outfit: She wears black jeans all the time, the color of her sweater matching with her shoes. For Kanto, she chose primarily red. She has a scarf on her at all times too, just in case, in her white bag she carries with her wherever she goes.
Backstory: Chelsey grew up in the harsh weather of Snowpoint City. Her parents were both trainers, and thaught her how to train Pokémon at an early age. Her Father's Abomasnow was her best friend, and she wanted nothing more than a Snover. However, her parents didn't think she was ready for the Sinnoh region just yet. Her aunt Helena, who lives in Pellet Town, offered to let Chelsey come live with her for a few months, so she could journey through the Kanto region and become a more skilled trainer. And thus her adventure began!
Hometown: Snowpoint City.
Pokèmon: None.
Positives: Chelsey is eager to learn, and loves getting advice from other trainers. She quickly makes friends. Also, she cares a lot for other people and Pokémon, and will always make sure her friends are happy.
Negatives: You'd assume living in Snowpoint made her used to the cold, but nothing is more wrong. She is always cold, and will definitely uphold the journey if she can't warm herself up.
Extra: I don't know if I have to 'shotgun' a starter, but I'll take a Charmander if that's alright! You know, to keep her warm!
Thanks for the interest! This is my first journey running so I'm glad you could come along for the ride.

As for the character sheet: Charmander can totally be your starter. You could pick any of the three and if Charmander is your choice than you can have him/her when you arrive at Pallet Town to recieve.

Hey there! It might be two weeks in real time before I can really get into posting, but I'll drop a character anyways if that's still alright!

Name: Addie
Physical Description: At least when she stands up straight, Addie is fair in stature at 5'6", though decently chubby as well. She has straight red hair that trails just past her shoulders and olive skin that hasn't seen much sun. A dense splash of freckles covers her nose, and she takes in the world through sea green eyes.
Default Outfit: Addie wears a green sundress over faded bluejeans, as well as purple, floral-print converse and a lavender sunhat to top it off.
Backstory: When a disease struck Addie bedridden at age eleven, doctors predicted that she would never walk again. Still, her single father was persistent, and put his faith into dozens of obscure (not to mention expensive) treatments to get her literally back onto her feet. Something finally worked five years later, though as money was tight by this point, her father decided that they needed to downsize. She and him moved to Kanto for a fresh start, and since supporting her further was looking increasingly dicey, Addie reluctantly agreed to her father's request for her to go on a journey, so he could stay at home and recover his bearings.
Hometown: Camphrier Town, Kalos
Pokèmon: Bunnelby
Positives: She's a proficient reader and often thinks outside the box, coming up with solutions to problems no matter how unconventional they may be. Her empathy for others is far-reaching, too.
Negatives: After spending so much time isolated from her peers, she's never really learned how to be properly social, and because of this, she's often self-conscious for the way she acts. Has no greater fear than making mistakes. Somewhat resentful of her own age, especially in the fact that so many of her fellow sixteen year olds have already taken off on their Pokemon journeys while she was stuck at home.
Extra: She doesn't like to let on about her condition. At the beginning of the journey, she'll still be a bit feeble as a residual effect of the medical procedure, and since the technology that revived her legs is relatively new, there's no telling if it'll last.

Pokèmon: Harvey
Species: Bunnelby
Backstory: Introduced to Addie by her father when she was twelve years old, Harvey's been her loyal caretaker for years, providing smiles on the worst days, and worrying for her all the while.
Ability: Pickup
Positives: Extremely loyal to Addie's protection. Incredibly brave.
Negatives: Often frantic. Hesitates to trust the people who enter Addie's life.
Extra: Will "pick things up" under extreme stress, i.e., steal from others. Addie forces him to return anything he pilfers, however.
I genuinely like your character already! Two weeks will pass and you'll be ready to RP? Sounds great! I look forward to your starting!

Thanks for the interest! This is my first journey running so I'm glad you could come along for the ride.

As for the character sheet: Charmander can totally be your starter. You could pick any of the three and if Charmander is your choice than you can have him/her when you arrive at Pallet Town to recieve.
Alright, awesome! Can't wait to get this journey going.

I genuinely like your character already! Two weeks will pass and you'll be ready to RP? Sounds great! I look forward to your starting!
Thanks! :D Two weeks from now, I'll be free of my current duties and ready to RP, though I wish y'all a great run in the meantime!

Y

Yifun618

Name: Isabelle Ottman
Physical Description: Long black hair going down to her elbows, wears mostly black clothing, carries everything in a dark blue backpack, sometimes wears a dark blue full brim hat on hotter days, relatively short, black eyes
Default Outfit: most commonly a black tank top and skirt that match her black eyes
Backstory: Has lived in Viridian City whole life, wants to go on a journey to try and solve the mystery of her father, and later her brother's disappearance. However, she just yesterday convinced her mother, sick and bedridden, to allow her to journey through Kanto and maybe further in search of her family.
Hometown: Viridian City
Pokèmon: Spuds (Male Bulbasaur that she will receive from Oak)
Positives: She is slow to trust after her family's disappearance, more cautious than most. Also very tactical when it comes to battling, her mother always said she got her intellect from her father.
Negatives: She is slow to trust, so she has a lot of trouble making friends and is very kept to herself. You can expect her to not tell much info about why she is journeying in the rp and no immediately join the pack.
Extra:

Name: Isabelle Ottman
Physical Description: Long black hair going down to her elbows, wears mostly black clothing, carries everything in a dark blue backpack, sometimes wears a dark blue full brim hat on hotter days, relatively short, black eyes
Default Outfit: most commonly a black tank top and skirt that match her black eyes
Backstory: Has lived in Viridian City whole life, wants to go on a journey to try and solve the mystery of her father, and later her brother's disappearance. However, she just yesterday convinced her mother, sick and bedridden, to allow her to journey through Kanto and maybe further in search of her family.
Hometown: Viridian City
Pokèmon: Spuds (Male Bulbasaur that she will receive from Oak)
Positives: She is slow to trust after her family's disappearance, more cautious than most. Also very tactical when it comes to battling, her mother always said she got her intellect from her father.
Negatives: She is slow to trust, so she has a lot of trouble making friends and is very kept to herself. You can expect her to not tell much info about why she is journeying in the rp and no immediately join the pack.
Extra:
I like it! Sounds like a very interesting character full of wonder~ I look forward to your beginning in the RP

oof looks like galacta was too late and lost bulbasaur as a starter
Your choices are: You can wait for another character to join who will take the Squirtle, (bringing forth another set of three starters) from which you can choose Bulbasaur right away. OR you can catch your own Bulbasaur shortly after the adventure starts. Either way, yes, Bulbasaur is taken. Maybe you could have your character already have a Bulbasaur before getting to Kanto. The choice is yours.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
.... i tink ima start out with another pkmn. anyone planning to start with two? (one from the lab and another your own)

.... i tink ima start out with another pkmn. anyone planning to start with two? (one from the lab and another your own)
I'm terribly sorry for the confusion. Since I already said yes to a trainer who wanted a Bulbasaur as well as another one who asked, I have to say yes to you getting a Bulbasaur as well. So, three people are getting a Bulbasaur. Those people are:

Rebirth_Cards, Galacta Ace, and you if you still want a Bulbasaur. It was a failure of management on my end so I guess it's only fair if Professor Oak has an abundance of pokemon starters. I'll work that into the RP without problem so don't worry.

Do you still want a Bulbasaur?

Y

Yifun618

I can switch to having a Squirtle and just catch a Bulbasaur later! I'm 100% OK with that, I think it'll flow better if everyone has different starters in the beginning.

No, I'm fine with not having a Bulbasaur! Aslong as I can catch the starter sometime later in the roleplay! You can still use Bulbasaur, I insist :D

I can switch to having a Squirtle and just catch a Bulbasaur later! I'm 100% OK with that, I think it'll flow better if everyone has different starters in the beginning.
I never asked for a bulbasaur dw XD

Nebulix, if you want a Bulbasaur then now is your chance to claim one. Otherwise, I'll let all of you pick the starter you want like you would in the game regardless of how many people take what number of starters.

Rebirth_Cards, you're such a sweetheart. Don't worry about bending to the wants of everyone else. It's a friendly place and we'll all figure out who gets what. If you want a squirtle? You can have one! If you want a charmander or bulbasaur? More power to ya'!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Question: What is it on other gen 1 pokemon? Are pokemon like roggenrola not allowed? If so, what about pre evolutions like magby or evolutions not gen 1 like rhyperior? also I never wanted one in the first place, no offense

I was going to have pokemon trainers who choose to have a starter pokemon like Bulbasaur or the other two can get it from Professor Oak. But if you decide to already have a pokemon like my two OC's do, you can do that. Basically, for starters only three pokemon are available but if you want to choose a different pokemon to start with, it has to be one that you've had or just caught.

For pokemon AVAILABLE in the region, I wasn't going to put a restriction. I always thought the National Dex making more pokemon appear was kind of unjustified so here, many pokemon are available. I'll put together a list for the first few routes as the introduction begins.

Route 1: Pidgey, Meowth, Pansage, Lillipup, Ratatta

Route 2: Hoppip, Pidgey, Yanma, Squirtle.

Veridian Forest: Caterpie, Scatterbug, Pinsir, Wurmple, Grubbin, Pidgey, Starly, Hoothoot, Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox. , Bulbasaur

Pewter City: (A young girl willing to trade a Vulpix for a Pinsir)

Route 3: Sawk, Throh, Sandshrew, Spearow, Nidoran (M&F), Pikachu, Charmander

Mt. Moon: Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Onix, Geodude, Zubat, Woobat, Goomy, Mawile, Sableye, Jynx.

Route 4: Bellsprout, Pumpkaboo, Roselia, Petilil, Combee, Eevee, Pidgey, Spearow

Last edited:

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
I would just like to say I'm not a very experienced writer so this might be a bit of a bumpy ride for me but here goes

Name: Kyle Winds
Physical Description: A guy standing a 5,9 with black hair and gray eyes. Could be caught wearing a black shirt with his gray-ish backpack and shorts. Normally completing his outfit with a black baseball bat with half a all white pokeball on the front.
Default Outfit: This dude usually wears a white hoodie and blue jeans.
Backstory: Kyle is your normal child populating outside with the family treecko then all the sudden while dancing he breaks his knee. His original goal while dancing was to become a performer but now he has new ambitions. Though these 2 are not gonna stop until they get their shot.
Hometown: Hoenn
Pokèmon: (You are allowed one pokemon of your choosing so long as it's easily accessible of you can wait to choose a pokemon from Professor Oak. Only one pokemon unless I see your character fit) Treecko

Positives: Got trust issues not to mention he smell your intentions.
Negatives: Like treecko needs to learn how to trust people faster.
Extra: I like nature XD

Species: Treecko
Backstory: This treecko has belong to his family as long as he could remember now his father is pacing it down to him
Ability: Unburden
Negatives: Needs too learn how to trust people faster.

I would just like to say I'm not a very experienced writer so this might be a bit of a bumpy ride for me but here goes

Name: Kyle Winds
Physical Description: A guy standing a 5,9 with black hair and gray eyes. Could be caught wearing a black shirt with his gray-ish backpack and shorts. Normally completing his outfit with a black baseball bat with half a all white pokeball on the front.
Default Outfit: This dude usually wears a white hoodie and blue jeans.
Backstory: Kyle is your normal child populating outside with the family treecko then all the sudden while dancing he breaks his knee. His original goal while dancing was to become a performer but now he has new ambitions. Though these 2 are not gonna stop until they get their shot.
Hometown: Hoenn
Pokèmon: (You are allowed one pokemon of your choosing so long as it's easily accessible of you can wait to choose a pokemon from Professor Oak. Only one pokemon unless I see your character fit) Treecko

Negatives: Like treecko needs to learn how to trust people faster.
Extra: I like nature XD

Species: Treecko
Backstory: This treecko has belong to his family as long as he could remember now his father is pacing it down to him
Ability: Unburden
Negatives: Needs too learn how to trust people faster.
I can see that you are very interested in this roleplay and that much I can respect.

However, it appears that your grammar is a bit lacking and almost hard to understand. I agree with everything about your characters upbringing but apart from that it seems as if your character was rushed and is lacking in the actual sensual department. I don't mean to offend you as I said, your sheet is greatly appreciated but maybe you should work a little bit more with grammar before submitting a character sheet.

Aww I'd love to join ?

1. Name: Hayley
    Physical Description: Hayley has short brown hair, and brown eyes. She is 5'8, and is strong, since she trained martial arts with her father from a younger age. You'd mistake her for a tomboy, but she doesn't like labels like that.
    Default Outfit: Hayley has a worn out, beige t-shirt with the name of her favourite band on it. Her pants are dark blue, although they're not jeans – they allow her to be more flexible than jeans. She has black sneakers.
    Backstory: Although she lives in Viridian city now, she used to live in Saffron. She had no siblings growing up, but had two loving parents to raise her. Her father, Jim, was a regular in the Saffron city fighting dojo, so Hayley took interest in fighting, and fighting Pokemon, at an early age. She might not seem intimidating, but thanks to her father, she could land a hot if she wanted so. At the age of 11, her family moved to Viridian city, because of financial reasons. Hayley didn't live in a poor family by any means, but Saffron was still too expensive for them to keep living there. Although she hated Viridian city at first, there is where she met her first Pokemon, a Mankey she named Hugh, and alongside her new partner, she continued training with her father. She now helps out in the delivery department the Viridian PokeMart, but she doesn't work there for a pay. It's more of a hobby to her, so she sees quite a bit of Pewter and Pallet.
    Hometown: Saffron/lives in Viridian
    Pokèmon: Mankey
    Positives: She is a quick thinker, and quite agile. She is adventurous, and can't handle being in one place, so she would often visit the Viridian forest, which she now knows like the back of her hand. Because of her delivery work, she knows a fair amount of Pewter and Pallet, but not as much as Viridian.
    Negatives: She is a bit snappy, and isn't good with younger children, although she tries to be caring around them. She can come off unpleasant and intimidatng because of her lone-wolf nature.
Pokemon: Hugh
Species: Mankey
Positives: Very enduring, and strong. He is also quite intelligent. Although he is a fighting type, and trains with Hayley, he would much rather avoid fighting other Pokemon.
Negative: His battle skills aren't very good, but he is as intimidating as his trainer.

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
I was wondering if I could join this RP.

Name: Alex Lathos
Physical Description: He is of an average build, with a height of 5 feet 9 inches. He has purple eyes and hair, his hair is often poorly kept. (I'm not too good at appearances)
Default Outfit: He often wears a black t-shirt with white pants, and a purple satchel. (Again not too good at appearances)
Backstory: Alex was born to a family in Saffron City. His parents owned a small company that was going through a tough time, in a time of desperation his parents needed to make deals with some shady companies in order to stay afloat. This went awry and, fearing for the safety of their child, they sent Alex to a foster family in Lavender Town. A few months later all contact with his parents was lost and the company had gone bankrupt. Alex hated his new life in Lavender Town and it didn't take long before he expressed in a heated argument with his foster parents, he left to the Pokemon Tower where he got lost. A friendly Haunter came to help him, and though Alex was hesitant at first, the Haunter didn't give up it kept trying to help and eventually got to him, Alex and the Haunter would become great friends and the Haunter would become a source of caring and attention he felt was lacking in his foster parents. The first chance he got Alex left (with Haunter) in the hopes that he could create a better future for himself.
Hometown: Lavender Town
Pokèmon: Haunter (I do realize this goes against the things stated for Pokemon like these, but I feel it's worth a shot with the mother-son relationship I'm trying to go for. I totally understand if I can't have the Haunter, I'll just have Alex come back to Lavender Town at some point to pick it up)
Positives: His friendship with Haunter has given him a good idea of how to understand how Pokemon feel, having heard of what his parents did at their lowest has inspired Alex to go out of his way to help people and Pokemon.
Negatives: Haunter is the only friend he ever made and he's had little good interactions with actual people making him quick to treat people much like Pokemon, this has also made him have sympathy for the Pokemon more than the trainer in certain situations.
Extra: I'm happy to take any suggestions you might have for this character.

Species: Haunter
Backstory: Haunter had a family of her own at some point, however they had all been captured by trainers throughout the years she has been within the Pokemon Tower. She had thought the rest of her life without her family would be one of extreme grieving, that was until she noticed Alex, who had been having trouble with his foster family. She wanted to help the boy but felt it would only scare him to see the Ghost Pokemon, but when he came into the Pokemon Tower she feared the other Ghost Pokemon would begin to mess with him and break him down. Luckily she came to him before this and now they are amazing friends.
Ability: Levitate
Positives: She would follow Alex and any friends he has to the ends of the Earth, this loyalty sprouts from a self appointed responsibility to protect him and those he cares about.
Negatives: She's a bit too overprotective, she's often skeptical of those he meets and is a good part of the reason that Alex hasn't made too many friends. In addition she's very serious about physical and emotional damage to Alex (This last one might be positive and negative)
Extra: Again I'd be happy to start with a starter Pokemon if this one doesn't work out.

Aww I'd love to join ?

1. Name: Hayley
    Physical Description: Hayley has short brown hair, and brown eyes. She is 5'8, and is strong, since she trained martial arts with her father from a younger age. You'd mistake her for a tomboy, but she doesn't like labels like that.
    Default Outfit: Hayley has a worn out, beige t-shirt with the name of her favourite band on it. Her pants are dark blue, although they're not jeans – they allow her to be more flexible than jeans. She has black sneakers.
    Backstory: Although she lives in Viridian city now, she used to live in Saffron. She had no siblings growing up, but had two loving parents to raise her. Her father, Jim, was a regular in the Saffron city fighting dojo, so Hayley took interest in fighting, and fighting Pokemon, at an early age. She might not seem intimidating, but thanks to her father, she could land a hot if she wanted so. At the age of 11, her family moved to Viridian city, because of financial reasons. Hayley didn't live in a poor family by any means, but Saffron was still too expensive for them to keep living there. Although she hated Viridian city at first, there is where she met her first Pokemon, a Mankey she named Hugh, and alongside her new partner, she continued training with her father. She now helps out in the delivery department the Viridian PokeMart, but she doesn't work there for a pay. It's more of a hobby to her, so she sees quite a bit of Pewter and Pallet.
    Hometown: Saffron/lives in Viridian
    Pokèmon: Mankey
    Positives: She is a quick thinker, and quite agile. She is adventurous, and can't handle being in one place, so she would often visit the Viridian forest, which she now knows like the back of her hand. Because of her delivery work, she knows a fair amount of Pewter and Pallet, but not as much as Viridian.
    Negatives: She is a bit snappy, and isn't good with younger children, although she tries to be caring around them. She can come off unpleasant and intimidatng because of her lone-wolf nature.
Pokemon: Hugh
Species: Mankey
Positives: Very enduring, and strong. He is also quite intelligent. Although he is a fighting type, and trains with Hayley, he would much rather avoid fighting other Pokemon.
Negative: His battle skills aren't very good, but he is as intimidating as his trainer.
I was wondering if I could join this RP.

Name: Alex Lathos
Physical Description: He is of an average build, with a height of 5 feet 9 inches. He has purple eyes and hair, his hair is often poorly kept. (I'm not too good at appearances)
Default Outfit: He often wears a black t-shirt with white pants, and a purple satchel. (Again not too good at appearances)
Backstory: Alex was born to a family in Saffron City. His parents owned a small company that was going through a tough time, in a time of desperation his parents needed to make deals with some shady companies in order to stay afloat. This went awry and, fearing for the safety of their child, they sent Alex to a foster family in Lavender Town. A few months later all contact with his parents was lost and the company had gone bankrupt. Alex hated his new life in Lavender Town and it didn't take long before he expressed in a heated argument with his foster parents, he left to the Pokemon Tower where he got lost. A friendly Haunter came to help him, and though Alex was hesitant at first, the Haunter didn't give up it kept trying to help and eventually got to him, Alex and the Haunter would become great friends and the Haunter would become a source of caring and attention he felt was lacking in his foster parents. The first chance he got Alex left (with Haunter) in the hopes that he could create a better future for himself.
Hometown: Lavender Town
Pokèmon: Haunter (I do realize this goes against the things stated for Pokemon like these, but I feel it's worth a shot with the mother-son relationship I'm trying to go for. I totally understand if I can't have the Haunter, I'll just have Alex come back to Lavender Town at some point to pick it up)
Positives: His friendship with Haunter has given him a good idea of how to understand how Pokemon feel, having heard of what his parents did at their lowest has inspired Alex to go out of his way to help people and Pokemon.
Negatives: Haunter is the only friend he ever made and he's had little good interactions with actual people making him quick to treat people much like Pokemon, this has also made him have sympathy for the Pokemon more than the trainer in certain situations.
Extra: I'm happy to take any suggestions you might have for this character.

Species: Haunter
Backstory: Haunter had a family of her own at some point, however they had all been captured by trainers throughout the years she has been within the Pokemon Tower. She had thought the rest of her life without her family would be one of extreme grieving, that was until she noticed Alex, who had been having trouble with his foster family. She wanted to help the boy but felt it would only scare him to see the Ghost Pokemon, but when he came into the Pokemon Tower she feared the other Ghost Pokemon would begin to mess with him and break him down. Luckily she came to him before this and now they are amazing friends.
Ability: Levitate
Positives: She would follow Alex and any friends he has to the ends of the Earth, this loyalty sprouts from a self appointed responsibility to protect him and those he cares about.
Negatives: She's a bit too overprotective, she's often skeptical of those he meets and is a good part of the reason that Alex hasn't made too many friends. In addition she's very serious about physical and emotional damage to Alex (This last one might be positive and negative)
Extra: Again I'd be happy to start with a starter Pokemon if this one doesn't work out.

Vapor, I agree 100% with your character. You're allowed to join.

Now, as for glitch, I only have a problem with the Haunter and that's only because it's an evolved pokemon. If we're going on an adventure that's like having weighted gloves. I'll have to ask if you can make it a Gastly or pick a starter or something. It's up to you.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
I'll go ahead and take Squirtle then. I did want to ask if it's okay if Alex can go back to Lavender Town (when it's appropriate/when I get your approval) to get Haunter to join his team? (Ghastly doesn't work for me)

I'll go ahead and take Squirtle then. I did want to ask if it's okay if Alex can go back to Lavender Town (when it's appropriate/when I get your approval) to get Haunter to join his team? (Ghastly doesn't work for me)
When it's time in the story for everyone to arrive at Lavender Town, yes. If Squirtle is your choice that works too. ^.^

Name: Trainer Red
Physical Description: has pale skin , Red eyes
Default Outfit: red vest with white T-shirt and also blue jeans , red hat with the upper half of the pokeball (in white)
Backstory: Red was a young boy who lives in pallet town , he had always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer and now he is a legend
Hometown: Pallet town
Pokèmon: Pikachu , Charizard,Venusaur, blastoise,lapras,snorlax
Positives: he is a cheerful trainer and is nice
Negatives: he never speaks
Extra: none

Y

Yifun618

Default Outfit: red vest with white T-shirt and also blue jeans , red hat with the upper half of the pokeball (in white)
Backstory: Red was a young boy who lives in pallet town , he had always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer and now he is a legend

Pretty sure you cant have a team of all fully evolved Pokemon. We’re trying to journey through Kanto, not slaughter everyone in our path in an effortless walk to the throne

pikachu isnt fully evolved! and you did say we could be any character from anime or GAMES
if i cant be red then ill be Gold | Jimmy

pikachu isnt fully evolved! and you did say we could be any character from anime or GAMES
if i cant be red then ill be Gold | Jimmy

She is completely right. I'm fine with Canon characters however Red is a bit OP. Not only is he the champion of Kanto, but he doesn't even speak so conversing with him wouldn't make much sense. As if that wasn't bad enough, you're not allowed to have fully evolved pokemon as well as EVOLVED pokemon. Pikachu is the evolved form of Pichu. If you just wanted a Pichu I would allow that but it all has to make sense.

Edit: For future reference, this goes to everyone by the way, I plan on taking control of NPC's in the roleplay. I appreciate you guys acting as Professor Oak but in the future whenever a character like him shows up expect me to take control since I am the game master after all. I don't want anyone thinking this is an insult or a shot, you guys are great and I appreciate it. Just a notice. Thanks!

Last edited:
She is completely right. I'm fine with Canon characters however Red is a bit OP. Not only is he the champion of Kanto, but he doesn't even speak so conversing with him wouldn't make much sense. As if that wasn't bad enough, you're not allowed to have fully evolved pokemon as well as EVOLVED pokemon. Pikachu is the evolved form of Pichu. If you just wanted a Pichu I would allow that but it all has to make sense.
then ill be ETHAN | gold