• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Johto Journey Discussion

Hello All! Welcome to the Johto Journey!

This Is a Step-by-Step Recreation of Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver. Plot points suggested by roleplayers will be discussed and probably put into the roleplay at some point, but the main goal of the Roleplay is to stick to the story in the games.

I feel like Johto doesn't get enough love anymore, and this RP is meant to change it. Everything that happens in these games, from receiving the Starters, to Team Rocket, Slowpoke Well, will happen. You can create a gym leader, but I'll be roleplaying them. The battling in this roleplay will be based on the anime; you can have more than four moves but they must make sense for the pokemon.

The three starter pokemon are Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Togepi. The rival will receive a pokemon of your choice that is not one of those three.

Current Roles Open
Main Trainer 1: (@Delta_Ace)
Cole Jackson Starter: Chikorita
Main Trainer 2: Starter:
Main Trainer 3: Starter:
Main Trainer 4: Starter:
Main Rival: Starter:
Team Rocket Admin 1:
Team Rocket Admin 2:
Team Rocket Boss:

Gym Leaders & Elite Four

Gym 1: Flying
Two Pokemon

Gym 2: Bug
Three Pokemon

Gym 3: Normal
Two Pokemon

Gym 4: Ghost
Four Pokemon

Gym 5: Fighting
Two Pokemon

Gym 6: Steel
Three Pokemon

Gym 7: Ice
Three Pokemon

Gym 8: Dragon
Four Pokemon

E4 1: Psychic
Five Pokemon

E4 2: Poison
Five Pokemon

E4 3: Fighting
Five Pokemon

E4 4: Dark
Five Pokemon

Note: When Creating a Gym Leader/E4, the types do not have to be exactly as they are. The more challenging, the better!
Character Sheet

Name:

Nickname:

Character: (Main Character 1,2,3, Rocket Admin/Boss, Rival)

Appearance
Hair Color-
Hairstyle-
Body Type-
Skin Color-
Clothing-
Extra Items-

Personality:

Background:

Pokemon(Update throughout roleplay, please)

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Personality:
Moves:

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Moves:

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Which Gym/E4 Position:

Pokemon Team

Species:
Moves:

Name: Coletrane Jackson

Nickname: Cole

Character: Main Character 4

Appearance
Hair Color-
Blonde
Hairstyle- Very Short, Kinky curly hair
Body Type- Average Size, Slightly Tone
Skin Color- Light Tan
Clothing- Black Hat with green Pokeball, Black Sweatpants, Black tight T-Shirt and Black and green jacket.
Extra Items- Black Bag w/ green Pokeball

Personality: Cole is a very quiet person overall, unless he is with his friends, and then he says whatever he wants to say. He can be quite blunt and dense sometimes, but he means well. He is constantly trying to be polite, and he has very good manners. He believes in keeping his word and is generally self righteous. He has a strong set of morals that doesn't let him harm others or leave someone unaided.

Other:(Can be used for backstories, anything else we need to know.

Pokemon

Starter Pokemon
Species:
Chikorita
Nickname: Leafy
Personality: Very outgoing and headstrong, and very confident in it's own abilities. It boasts too much, and is commonly considered to be a bully. She has a soft spot for those she deems worthy.
Moves:
Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf

Rules:
1. At least a paragraph per post, but preferably more.
2. No legendaries.
3. Shinies will be awarded for good posts, you cannot have one off the bat.
4. We know that lives are a thing and that stuff happens, but if you are going to be away for a while please let us know.
5. Obviously, all pokecharms rules apply.

If anybody has any ideas or wants to talk about possible changes to the plot etc, just let me know. I want this to be successful but I want it to be fun!

Last edited:
Wow! I absolutely adore Johto, I think this will be great. Just one question before I post: is there a limit to how many characters one can play? Could I be a main trainer and rival? Or rival and gym leader? Or just a main trainer, if that's what you'd like me to keep to.

I am interested to join, but I don't know the story for Heartgold/Soulsilver
but Johto is probably my favorite region
and i am interested to also (possibly) creating one of the Gym Leaders
but then again I'm already in 1 rp and waiting to be accepted in another rp.. so yea..

EDIT: If i decide (or if it's ok for me) to join can I take dibs on Cyndaquil? (just asking)

Last edited:
I am interested to join, but I don't know the story for Heartgold/Soulsilver
but Johto is probably my favorite region
and i am interested to also (possibly) creating one of the Gym Leaders
but then again I'm already in 1 rp and waiting to be accepted in another rp.. so yea..

EDIT: If i decide (or if it's ok for me) to join can I take dibs on Cyndaquil? (just asking)

Well you don't have to know the story; I'll be the one initiating plot events and such. Not that big of a deal. But I don't want you to be overloaded.

______

I added a background section in the trainer template. This'll be judged to determine writing ability and could decide if someone gets accepted or not. Pay special attention to it.

Here we go and sorry for double posting

Name:
Veronica Morris

Nickname:
N/A

Character:
Main Character 3

Appearance
Hair Color:
Raw Umber
Hairstyle: Long (reaches halfway down her back), quite straight and is often worn in a messy braid
Body Type: Short, Average weight and musculature
Skin Color: Sienna
Clothing: a White T-shirt, sweatpants shorts, red cap that looks like a pokeball and a pair of black sneakers with red highlights
Extra Items: 3 Oran berries and a red backpack with black highlights

Personality:
Veronica is someone who is quite extroverted, but she too needs to be alone to recharge from time to time. She is also somewhat relaxed, but she'll work hard to achieve her goals. She usually finds it hard to be truthful regarding her likes and dislikes, as she wants to at least try to be everyone's friend and Veronica is quite afraid to be judged by what she likes and dislikes. She is also someone who is quite generous, but she also finds it difficult to say "no" to people

Background:
Veronica grew up on a berry farm with her family, so she is pretty good at recognizing berries and their effects on pokemon. She always wanted to become a trainer, but as she grew older she learned that there were many different classes of trainers, but still stick to the path of a basic trainer and claim all the different badges in her home region and possibly even all the badges in Kanto.

Both of Veronica's parents were trainers when they were younger, but neither of them got past the 10th gym (in Kanto) and they are willing to support and help their daughter. She has also both a younger and an older brother. Her older brother never liked the idea of battling pokemon, but instead became a pokemon breeder. Veronica's younger brother hasn't really thought of becoming a trainer or something else.

Veronica's interest of becoming a trainer started when her parents thought her how to defend her self if (for example) a wild pokemon attacked, so she has a quite a bond with some of her parents pokemon. Afterwards she sometimes asked if she could help one of her parents if they were battling each other or if she could play with their pokemon and most of the time the answer was yes.

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Cyndaquil
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon): Buddy
Personality: Quite shy, likes to be around other people and pokemon, determined, not really confident, easily scared and is considered a door mat
Moves: Tackle, Leer and Smokescreen

Just let me know if there's something that need's to be changed or adjusted!

Last edited:
Here we go and sorry for double posting

Name:
Veronica Morris

Veronica seems somewhat... Bland. And the background needs an overhaul; It's bare. There are some grammatical errors that make it somewhat hard to follow. You've got 8 sentences, while it could be more some of them are also run ons and it makes the flow sound weird. If you could bring the background up to maybe 15 or 20 sentences and fix the flow, you'll probably be accepted.

Hey! I'd like to join if you'll have me, but as you may know I still haven't ever done a roleplay. Not sure what is happening with that other thread we both posted in and I'd really like to use that character. That said my character is essentially the one from the other thread, but revamped. I understand though if you'd rather not have me!

Name:
Tyler (I'm still trying to decide on a last name)

Nickname: Ty

Character: Main

Appearance
Hair Color-
Brown
Hairstyle- Crew cut
Body Type- Broad chested and slightly muscled. Is 5'11"
Skin Color- Pale white
Clothing- Black straight jeans, white v-neck, dark purple and black flannel shirt tied around waist, dark purple shoes and a dark purple beanie
Extra Items- Bright orange backpack and a camera hanging around his neck

Personality: Tyler is a friendly person who wants to get along with everyone. He comes off as shy and quiet because meeting new people makes him anxious. Once he becomes comfortable with you he opens up and will joke and tease with you.

Background: Tyler grew up in Newbark Town as the youngest of four with both of his brothers becoming battlers like their father while his sister married into a somewhat rich farming family. His mother was a stay at home mom. He feels he will not be able to reach the level of battling skills his brothers and father have reached. Despite being shy with people he found it very easy to open up with pokemon. Growing up he could almost always be found with his dads Heracross exploring the forest near his town. As he reached his thirteenth year he received a camera as a birthday present and started taking pictures of the pokemon he met in the forest.

Even though his father wanted him to become a professional trainer and take on the Johto league he found his passion in photographing pokemon. He aspires to become a professional photographer and meet and photograph as many pokemon as he can. He figured the best way to accomplish that would be to go on a journey so he finally succumbed to his fathers wishes and decided to tackle the Johto league.

Starter Pokemon
Species:
Cyndaquil if it's available, but if not Totodile.
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon): I'm going to think on this before deciding on something.
Personality: Shy and unsure of himself Cyndaquil wants to be able to prove his worth. He dreams of becoming stronger and evolving into Typhlosion one day.
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen

I filled the pokemon out for Cyndaquil, but if I need to change it to Totodile I'll edit. Just curious, but why did you pick Togepi as the other starter? Is it because you're given it as an egg in HGSS?

Hey! I'd like to join if you'll have me, but as you may know I still haven't ever done a roleplay. Not sure what is happening with that other thread we both posted in and I'd really like to use that character. That said my character is essentially the one from the other thread, but revamped. I understand though if you'd rather not have me!

I filled the pokemon out for Cyndaquil, but if I need to change it to Totodile I'll edit. Just curious, but why did you pick Togepi as the other starter? Is it because you're given it as an egg in HGSS?

Alright, well for starters I'd like to know a bit more about him in your background, and flesh out the personality a bit. But of course I do love your character from a simple character standpoint. Also yes, I chose Togepi simply because it was given as an egg and I didn't have a better option.

Johto has Always been underappreciated in my opinion, so this looks like a really good RP for me to get back in the game. I'd like to upload my character sheet as the main rival.

Name:
Wolf August

Nickname:
Wolf

Character:
Rival

Appearance
Hair Color-
Ash gray
Hairstyle-
Mid-length and wild, often put up in a topknot to keep it out of his eyes
Body Type-
Little taller than average, athletic build
Skin Color-
Pale
Clothing-
Black 'Eterna Electivires' sweater (the city's very own football team), camo cargo pants and black running shoes underneath.
Extra Items-
A necklace with a Razor Fang pendant.

Personality:
Wolf is nothing if not honest. Sometimes maybe a tad too honest. He does not shy away from sharing his opinion, more often than not with a complete disregard for how he makes people feel with it. Some would say he's a bully, whereas he would just call it 'the law of the jungle.' He wholeheartedly believes he will become the strongest trainer in all of the regions, and will stop at nothing to prove that. In battle, he is reckless and rash instead of calm and collected.

Background:
Wolf grew up in the Sinnoh region, more specifically in Eterna City. His parents, who were both successful trainers, started to teach him and his two-year elder sister Alicia the ways of Pokémon battling at an early age. It became clear early on that Alicia used her smarts to continuously defeat Wolf in battle, who grew more and more agitated with each loss. Coming to the conclusion that battling wasn't for him, Wolf focussed on sports while Alicia travelled the Sinnoh region, collecting gym badges and winning tournaments.

Wolf's parents, disappointed with his choice to give up battling, decided to send him to the Johto regio, in order for him to become more independent and find his spark to become a trainer. He is set to stay with his uncle and also veteran trainer Elias, who will aid him through his journey and help Wolf find his strength.

Pokemon

Starter Pokemon
Species:
Totodile
Nickname: /
Personality:
Totodile is disobedient and rebellious, often snapping it's jaws at Wolf. Deep inside, Totodile has a burning desire for victory.
Moves:
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Name: Glacier

Nickname: N/A

Character: Main Character 2

Appearance
Hair Color- Blonde
Hairstyle- Just around the top of his head and the sides. Spiky at the front.
Body Type- Average height and not muscular.
Skin Color- Light tan
Clothing- A redesigned version of his old Johto clothes: A grey shirt and sky blue jacket. Normal Blue jean shorts (Yes, those are a thing) and black tennis shoes with white socks.
Extra Items- A necklace that's shaped like a Dragonair

Personality: Glacier is a trainer that would accept challenges quickly but only if he thinks he's ready. He likes to look after his Pokemon to see if they're in top condition to Battle and to as well meet other Pokemon. Normally, he is a happy-go-lucky but he rarely has an angered state to use against anyone who upsets him.

Background: Being raised in Mahogany Town, Glacier was supposed to be the next Gym Leader but turned down the opportunity to travel Johto and other regions. At age 13, he traveled to Unova and caught a wild Gible whom he named, Dracool.

Starter Pokemon- (If possible, could it be a Pichu as in it hatched from a Pichu. R could it be one of the Kanto Starters?)
Species: Pichu
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon): N/A
Personality: Being born from an egg and looking at Glacier, Pichu thought that he was the mother. The small Electric Type had a great deal of loyalty to the trainer and will follow his lead.
Moves:
  1. Thundershock
  2. Baby-Doll Eyes
  3. Quick Attack

Other Pokemon
Species: Gible
Nickname: Dracool
Personality: A feisty little Dragon Type that growls at anyone unfamiliar to himself but he seems always ready to Battle.
Moves:
  1. Dig
  2. Dragon Rage
  3. Scratch
  4. Sand Tomb