• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Jet Black Tournament (Survival RP Discussion)

anyway i won't be tossing Celine into the mix you guys have going, a balance has already been set and i feel like she'd take away from any growth happening, so i'll find her something else to do.
Well, Teresa's going back to her luggage. Celine could realize by the camera that she's not just another trainer (It's definitely not a cheap one) and see if Teresa wants to interview her (Though Teresa won't even recognize her)

Also still some more people making a post, so she can find a spot in there once that happens.

soooo we good for actually entering the pokemon center? just wanted to get an all-clear and saw what it actually looks like before I officially entered
Yeah, I'll make a post soon detailing the interior of the center and the 'caretakers'. Nothing stopping me from doing so- And then we can just have some interactions for a bit while we get the last couple RPers up in here. Then we can dig in to the meat of the RP- Nightfall is when stuff starts going down.

I might even accept people after we get started, but that might be on a 'per user' basis? Like if someone really wants to join and they seem up to snuff I'll let em' hop in.

Yea exactly XD I just realized it might not be on the letter, to only use one Pokemon. Maybe the guy who brought him the letter accidentally let it slip. I dunno. If that isn't okay, I can always act like he had his Pokémon on him the entire time to make it work.

Though I'm assuming Daryl here is going to get peeved that Miles didn't bring any other Pokemon if Miles leaving his Pokemon at home is something I can still let happen.

@BurbleBurble sooo since Miles already left his Pokemon at his actual house, would the "registration" be necessary?
The registration and deposit are two seperate things, actually. It's just to finish registration, they want you to only have one Pokemon, thus the deposit. So Miles still needs to register- He just doesn't need to leave Pokemon with them. So you're all good :up:

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
I was very tired while writing this please forgive me, also goodnight I'm sleeping and you can't change my mind.

Name: Ryan Smith
Appearance: He's 6'4" tall, and practically pure muscle, with black hair, making for a very imposing sight,
Personality: (At first he seems to be a cold and uncaring man, however this is purely him making the best out of the situation that got him invited, and ruined his life, once you get to know him he's much more of a goofball, however not a complete pushover, far from it, in fact.
Brief History/Invite Reason: He's not here due to saving anybody, in fact, he's here due to his infamy, he had attempted to stop a man from harassing a woman, however little did he know, the man was famous, and proceeded to ruin his life by framing him, stating that he had assaulted him after trying to stop Ryan from assaulting the woman, and surprisingly, nobody had questioned him.
Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Ace
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Dragon Breath, Earthquake
Other Details: He treats ace as an equal, obviously he commands him in battle, but Ace can and will use moves on his own, however this is rare, he has also had ace since childhood, so they have a special bond, a very special one.

I was very tired while writing this please forgive me, also goodnight I'm sleeping and you can't change my mind.

Name: Ryan Smith
Appearance: He's 6'4" tall, and practically pure muscle, with black hair, making for a very imposing sight,
Personality: (At first he seems to be a cold and uncaring man, however this is purely him making the best out of the situation that got him invited, and ruined his life, once you get to know him he's much more of a goofball, however not a complete pushover, far from it, in fact.
Brief History/Invite Reason: He's not here due to saving anybody, in fact, he's here due to his infamy, he had attempted to stop a man from harassing a woman, however little did he know, the man was famous, and proceeded to ruin his life by framing him, stating that he had assaulted him after trying to stop Ryan from assaulting the woman, and surprisingly, nobody had questioned him.
Species: Garchomp
Nickname: Ace
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Dragon Breath, Earthquake
Other Details: He treats ace as an equal, obviously he commands him in battle, but Ace can and will use moves on his own, however this is rare, he has also had ace since childhood, so they have a special bond, a very special one.
Accepted! Not really much more to say then that.
Probably accepting one or two more people before closing the RP for reservations/people a little late to the party. Y'all have been pretty active thus far and I appreciate that.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
I might switch the Gengar to Mismagius, just because Mismagius seems a tad stronger than Gengar, being unaffected by Psychic type moves. so chances are, i might switch out Gengar for Mismagius with a new moveset and everything. I just want to check if switching pokemon at this time is okay.

I might switch the Gengar to Mismagius, just because Mismagius seems a tad stronger than Gengar, being unaffected by Psychic type moves. so chances are, i might switch out Gengar for Mismagius with a new moveset and everything. I just want to check if switching pokemon at this time is okay.
Alright I'm gonna be honest- Aisha was originally gonna have a Gengar instead of a Mismagius, but I swapped it out cause you chose Gengar. And now you want to swap Gengar for Mismagius. Me right now

As for the metagaming part of it, it's really not super important, since there won't be a lot of psychic threats in the jungle...Not that there won't be any, but generally "psychic weakness" is less important than the fact Gengar is a total stealth master and has better offensive options.

I mean, I dunno, we'd have to go back and shake some things up. Unless Wilbur just decides it's better to use his Mismagius and Aisha had a Gengar she just wasn't showing off. I'd like to avoid overlap of Pokémon where I can just to avoid any potential confusion if they show up in the same scene. Might not be realistic- Obviously there's gonna be overlap of Pokémon when there's like, 400~ trainers on the island counting the trainers and security, but I mean I just wrote myself into a corner of trying to figure out how this security team whisks 256 trainers out into the jungle- Where am I going with this...

So at the moment, I'm gonna say no unless you come up with a good counterpoint :p

Ah man, it's been a hot sec since anything was said here.

Anything impeding progress specifically? If you guys need me to write dialogue for Aisha, or just skip that scene entirely, we should be able to step things along. I just have this habit where my RPs die prematurely and I'd hate for it to happen here :p

@Cupcakeus @Snowflake_14 @SylvitheSylveon @Gamingfan @| Korutesu |
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know- Since this scene might take a moment and a lot of y'all seem like you left your characters without much to do- Arte's loitering around the lobby, there's a pool and beach to explore, and maybe even a court for a small battle. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving y'all behind cause right now there's only a few characters like...interacting right now :p

Name: Sasha Yamoto
Appearance: Has a black hoodie he is almost always with, an Ampharos T-shirt and dark gray sweat pants. Has camo socks and tan boots. Hair is dirty blonde with a slight spike all around.

Brief History/Invite Reason: Sasha started traveling the Unova region since he was 14. He beat all 8 gyms but failed at beating the Elite four, so he moved on traveling to both the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions and beating all the gyms, he came close to beating Steven Stone, but lost a power match between Sasha's Greninja and Steven's Metagross. He got his letter after being tracked down while he was in Johto inviting him to finally prove he has the strength of a champion at this tournament.

Pokémon of Choice:
Species: Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Hidden Power: Dark
Personality: Fiery passion for fighting and those it loves
Moves: Ice Punch, Meteor Mash, Counter, Brick Break ,Thunder Punch, Bone Rush
Item: Black Belt around its waist, dyed blue

Last edited:
How does a 13-14 year old kid go toe to toe with Steven Stone? XD And also, you can only have 4 moves for battle.

EDIT: I am wrong, 6 moves is the limit. I forgot. XD

Another character also has a similar story of going toe-to-toe with another Champion. While it's confusing for me, I don't much mind now. xD

Last edited:
Profile is fine, but as said, you can only have 1 Pokémon for the "tournament". Since it's not an actual tournament, but more of a survival game versus giant killer Pokémon. Trust me, the only thing he'll be proving here is that he's a lil gullible :p So if you could just specify his Pokémon of choice, that'll be fine. Also...
How does a 13-14 year old kid go toe to toe with Steven Srone? XD And also, you can only have 4 moves for battle.
Well Sylvi already did go toe to toe with Diantha, though I guess Diantha is usually viewed as a 'weaker' champion by the fan community :p Though she was noted as being very talented by Teresa, an exception to the norm (And has probably been something of a minor celebrity as a result, since the way it's worded makes it sound like Sylvi is not unfamiliar to the press attention) And I did say you can have more that 4 Moves, since I'm fairly sure the 4 Moves is more of a video game based restriction. Realistically a Pokémon could still remember how to do more that 4 techniques lol. I am capping moves at about 6 though so things don't get too crazy.

Oh, I thought we had multiple, welp, ill chose lucario then

Either way, based on story he wasn't 14 when he faced Steven bc it would have been a year or 3 after he started bc of the time to beat the gyms in both Unova and Hoenn

Oh, I thought we had multiple, welp, ill chose lucario then

Either way, based on story he wasn't 14 when he faced Steven bc it would have been a year or 3 after he started bc of the time to beat the gyms in both Unova and Hoenn
Alright, with that you're all good to go. There are a few characters free right now if you go ahead and peruse the main thread, so you can see if you'd like to interact with any of them.

Any idea who you’ve lost? There were a couple...less complex ocs that actually had similar backstories- theirs completely overshadowing mine. I was gonna use a pre-established oc. XD

(Lots of really young characters)
@Cupcakeus and @Snowflake_14 have been inactive on the website for the past two weeks, so that's Fiona and Sky potentially out. @Gamingfan is active but hasn't participated much in the RP (which is my fault really for failing to give him anything), so Bron is in a nebulous state right now. @Funny Sans Rat just probably isn't gonna post knowing him lol

Everyone else is still active or in need of something to do. I mean, we can probably work out the pre-determined backstory. Could bump the years around for whatever league tournament he was in, so he just missed the other OCs competing.

Also yeah there's a good chunk of kids here on the island. Ah man there's gonna be some serious trauma at the end of this :p

Name: Zander Gray
Appearance: ~See pfp~
Personality: Zander has always been a rather hyperactive young man. As a child, he was quite troublesome; and this carried over into his teenage-years.
He has a habit of getting in trouble on account of preferring to adventure ‘against the grain’. Taking restricted paths, sneaking into abandoned sights, and having a general distaste for authority- Zander has found himself caught in a sticky situation more often than most.
Thankfully, the young trainer has his wits about him. He’s clever, and capable of analyzing situations if it’s a necessity.
In short, he’s a generally pretty nice guy, but if you travel with him...you may just find yourself running away from an angry mob who probably have the right to be chasing you.
Brief History/Invite Reason: In truth, Zander hadn’t really done anything all that special. Sure, he managed to get top fifteen in his first Pokémon league, but that was two years ago, and definitely not what got him the invitation.
No- Zander received his invite because of his family.
His father, who he held a certain amount of disdain for, was an incredibly skilled Pokémon Ranger who had credited with saving the lives of numerous people and endangered Pokémon.
His mother, who he was far closer with than his father, was quite the skilled Pokémon Breeder- raising up a fine number of very powerful baby Pokémon.
His older brother, who he was very close with, was a Pokémon Tutor in training. He specialized in assisting trainers with teaching their Pokémon especially difficult techniques.
Yes...the Gray family had begun making a name for themselves in the Unova Region. So naturally, when the invitations were sent out, all three of Zander’s relatives had received a letter.
When his Mother, Father, and Brother all denied the invitation, though? That’s when Zander received his letter...
Pokémon of Choice: Darmanitan
Nickname- Geshi
Ability- Zen Mode
Moves- Fire Punch, Psychic, Work Up, Earthquake, Heatwave, Solar Beam
Other Details: Geshi was the largest member of his pack as a wild Darumaka (hence why Zander caught him) and retained that size upon evolving. Unlike normal Darmanitan, with an average height of 4’3” and average weight of approximately 204lbs; Geshi stands right out 4’7” and weight nearly 230lbs.

Name: Zander Gray
Appearance: ~See pfp~
Personality: Zander has always been a rather hyperactive young man. As a child, he was quite troublesome; and this carried over into his teenage-years.
He has a habit of getting in trouble on account of preferring to adventure ‘against the grain’. Taking restricted paths, sneaking into abandoned sights, and having a general distaste for authority- Zander has found himself caught in a sticky situation more often than most.
Thankfully, the young trainer has his wits about him. He’s clever, and capable of analyzing situations if it’s a necessity.
In short, he’s a generally pretty nice guy, but if you travel with him...you may just find yourself running away from an angry mob who probably have the right to be chasing you.
Brief History/Invite Reason: In truth, Zander hadn’t really done anything all that special. Sure, he managed to get top fifteen in his first Pokémon league, but that was two years ago, and definitely not what got him the invitation.
No- Zander received his invite because of his family.
His father, who he held a certain amount of disdain for, was an incredibly skilled Pokémon Ranger who had credited with saving the lives of numerous people and endangered Pokémon.
His mother, who he was far closer with than his father, was quite the skilled Pokémon Breeder- raising up a fine number of very powerful baby Pokémon.
His older brother, who he was very close with, was a Pokémon Tutor in training. He specialized in assisting trainers with teaching their Pokémon especially difficult techniques.
Yes...the Gray family had begun making a name for themselves in the Unova Region. So naturally, when the invitations were sent out, all three of Zander’s relatives had received a letter.
When his Mother, Father, and Brother all denied the invitation, though? That’s when Zander received his letter...
Pokémon of Choice: Darmanitan
Nickname- Geshi
Ability- Zen Mode
Moves- Fire Punch, Psychic, Work Up, Earthquake, Heatwave, Solar Beam
Other Details: Geshi was the largest member of his pack as a wild Darumaka (hence why Zander caught him) and retained that size upon evolving. Unlike normal Darmanitan, with an average height of 4’3” and average weight of approximately 204lbs; Geshi stands right out 4’7” and weight nearly 230lbs.
Nice! Accepted. Feel free to get into the RP!

Ok- Concerning the current state of the RP, I have an idea.

Do you all want to just skip to the survival bit? I think everyone's had a chance to get established except for a handful, and it's going to be hard to keep interest when half the cast aren't interacting or are asleep. We can just say the day was uneventful otherwise and skip to the exciting bits.

This would probably happen after Teresa wraps the interview, scene ends, everyone's been mostly established now. We have the kidnapping, then the killer Pokémon bit. Everyone will have a chance to write some sort of reaction to that, and then the meat and potatoes of it- Which is surviving/discovering the truth behind the whole mess. People have a chance to meet up/Fight Pokémon, and it should be more interesting than this extended preamble.