• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Jardin de fleurs Hotel

Surprisingly, even for him, Micheal under stood Gracidea's gesture, and sat down across from her. Micheal knew he had to say something. He didn't want to ruin his first legitimate conversation with someone other than his aunt of Parvus. Thinking of his aunt, Micheal remembered something she told him when she was teaching him proper manners. She said if he ever needed something to say, he should ask how however he was talking to arrived wherever they are. With this in mind, he formulated a question that even he could ask without sounding unusual. "So, what brings you to the hotel," he asked, proud of himself for speaking to someone correctly.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Froakie?" Bubbles tilted his head to the side. Why aren't they noticing me? It's probably nothing.... They just can't hear me or something? Well, I'll just sit here, James is too busy eating to care. Bubbles sat down, holding his berry, since it would feel a bit weird if he just ate in front of them.

Well, it looked like Gracidea was learning a lesson about judging a book by its cover. This fellow seemed pleasant and polite enough, and even Tsubaki was warming up to him a little. The fae creature stepped around from behind her trainer and sat down next to her, flicking her many silky tails back and forth while giving Michael the stare-down. She was just out of his reach, though, making sure to keep her distance since she normally hated for anyone but Gracidea to stroke her fur. After a few moments, she nodded her approval at the young boy and and made a pleasant sort of sound before butting her head against Gracidea’s hand for attention. And of course her trainer complied and began stroking her well coiffed fur..

“The name, initially. I really love flowers, so when I read about this place I was interested...then I figured it would be nice to have a little vacation with Tsubaki here. What about yourself? What brings you here?”

Lucan would realize he forgot his phone back in the snack bar. He walked back to pick up his phone as he saw a table of three people. His social life he never really cared about. He had a tendency to never trust people, he kept himself from the rest of the world. His wristband would emit a shadow aura from Erin as he then attempted to cover it up. He knew he couldn't engage in any Pokemon battles which is why he came here in the first place, he wanted to relax and enjoy himself and hopefully have Erin loosen up, even though it would be impossible. He'd then get himself a Hot Chocolate from the snack bar and sit down on a couch near the window and start to drink.

Micheal somewhat expected Gracedia to ask him why he was there, and was happy to be able to tell someone about his unique past. "Well, it's a long story," Micheal thought of where to begin, and decided in would be best to begin at the beginning. "My parents are the owners of Dives Incorporated. You may have heard of it. They make pokeball, potions, all other sorts of items, and they even funded the making of pokemon centers in some regions. Of course, with how busy they were, they weren't able to take care of me, so my aunt raised me at her farm, which isn't very far from here. Long story short, we received a letter a few days ago saying my parents wanted to start raising me themselves, and that they'd made a reservation for me here, so I could relax for a few days before they bring me home." Micheal could swear he was forgetting something, and Parvus, understanding completely, jumped onto Micheal's shoulder and nudged his necklace. "Oh yes, I almost forgot." Micheal held the medallion up so Gracedia could see it. "My mother gave me this before they sent me to my aunt's farm so she could recognize me when we finally met again. I've worn it every day since my aunt told me about it."

Gracidea blinked at the strange boy before her, a sense of sadness washing over her. All of a sudden, she truly felt guilty over her initial judgements of him and cast her blue eyes down in shame. Sheepishly, she twirled a stray wisp of hair that had fallen from her braided crown and pondered over what she should say next. To have been sent away from his family at such a young age...she couldn’t imagine how she would have felt in that position. She knew that the very wealthy had a different sort of lifestyle than her own, but to value your business so much more than your child that you send him away..? Then invite him back after someone else had raised him?

It wouldn’t all seem so shocking if not for the fact that they had to give him a medallion to even be able to recognize their own son. Gracidea felt a little angry for Michael, but realized it wasn’t her place to get mad or pass judgment, so she took a few calming breaths and decided to dig a little for his perspective rather than rush to a conclusion.

“I never would have imagined,” the pale and flower-like girl barely whispered, “That is quite the story, Michael. But...is that what you want, to leave the farm where you grew up with your aunt? It seems...well, uprooting must be a challenge, mustn’t it?”

Unconsciously, she lifted a slender hand to touch her pendant, the gracidea bud encased in glass, and felt overwhelmed with gratitude. Her parents had given her so much...she would never take that for granted.

As Gracidea spoke to Micheal, for the first time in his life, he wondered if what his parents did was truly right. He never considered how someone else would react to his past. To him, it seemed completely normal, but that was what he lived. He always thought he should do what his parents wanted him to, so he never thought about what he wanted. Parvus looked up at Micheal, almost as if it faced the same question, and wanted Micheal to answer for him. The more Micheal thought about it, the more clear his answer was. "It may seem a little strange, what they did, but I'm sure it what for the best. If they tried to take care of me themselves, they wouldn't be able to give me the attention I needed since they're so busy with their jobs. It hasn't been too challenging to leave. I didn't have many belongings at my aunts farm, and honestly, I think I'd rather have any life than not meet my parents at all. I have no doubt that they truly care about me, and this is proof of it." Micheal once again held up the medallion given to him by him mother. "This was my mother's most prize possession. It's been in my familly for generations, and she wanted me to have it."

Gracidea narrowed her eyes on the medallion that was rotating just slightly before her, sunlight glinting off of it’s lovely design while Michael spoke so confidently about his parents’ actions. To her, it seemed suspicious. Why would they need an heirloom to recognize their boy? Wouldn’t they have pictures? Was it truly an heirloom if that were the case, or was it all a story expertly crafted so their child would feel as though he was loved and comply to their will? She was skeptical, and her face reflected that mistrust for a brief few seconds before she made herself smile. All she could do was speculate, after all, and why use her assumptions to plant a seed of such awful mistrust if she couldn’t be sure of his parents’ intentions? That wasn’t fair to Michael, and he was such a pleasant sort...she didn’t want to be one to chase his smile away.

So she smiled, a warm and kind and good smile. Tsubaki, as sensitive towards her trainer’s feelings as always, felt the same protective warmth as Gracidea and hopped up to place her delicate front paws on Michael’s lap, looking him in the eyes before giving him a happy little lick on the face! She wanted him to smile, too. She stepped down shortly after, but sat near the boy as though she wished to shield him from all the bad in the world.

“I’m happy for you, truly,” Gracidea said sincerely, lifting the rose gold chain around her neck to show him her own pendant.

“My parents gave me this necklace. They were vacationing in Sinnoh when my mother found out she was pregnant with me. Their trip had been a comedy of errors because of her poor constitution, so she went to see a doctor in secret one evening while they both tried to cool off. After she found out, she told my father while they were walking through a field of gracidea flowers in full bloom...except this one,” the girl filled with emotion while she looked down at the tiny bud, pale and flushed with pink within a tiny glass sphere, “This one was still closed, so they took it and turned it into this pendant. They gave it to me and named me after the flower…Because they were grateful to have me, and how I reminded them to love each other. They still call me their little bud, even!”

Once more, the lovely young girl beamed up at Michael, “You’re right. Precious gifts like these are always given with heartfelt intent. I’m thrilled you get to meet your parents, and I’m very glad that Parvus snuck up on me today! You helped me recall a lovely memory...so I’m grateful to both of you.”

The girl, once more, reached out to stroke the little yellow puffball named Parvus ever-so-gently. Such a sweetie!

Parvus jumped from Micheal's shoulder to the table, accepting Gracidea's stroking. The joltik had an obvious fondness for the trainer, now not just because she resembled a flower. Seeing as Gracidea's nintales was sitting near him, Micheal began to stroke her. Her fur was soft to the touch, a bit like Parvus' but much more well groomed. The nintales seemed very protective. Micheal remembered how at first, it sat behind Gracidea, most likely not trusting him at first. As he stroked the nintales' fur, he realized he was never told a certain detail. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you've told me you're nintales' name."

Lucan would be sitting on the couch, overhearing their conversation. The shadow aura from his wristband would die out as he got up and finished his last sip of Hot Chocolate as he left it on the coffee table. He'd have his hands in his pockets looking at the Ninetails, a different version of what he has ever seen. Lucan would walk up to the two. "Excuse me, would you mind telling me where you got such an interesting Ninetails. The beauty of it I have never seen before."

Colour flooded Gracidea’s cheeks and Tsubaki basically looked over at her and laughed. It was true! She had forgot to introduce her dearest friend to her new companions. Oh dear oh dear…

While she was scrambling to collect herself again, another strange made his way over to their table, with a dark-looking gardevoir in tow. She smiled up shyly at the question.

“I was actually just giving her a formal introduction,” she answered politely, “I am truly ever-so-sorry for not doing this sooner, Michael. And I’m sorry to you as well, Parvus. My partner here is named Tsubaki! She’s a ninetales from the Alola region, which is why her coat is so white! Her type is different from a usual ninetales as well...she’s an ice and fairy type!”

Tsubaki returned to her trainer’s side and sat prettily next to her, like a large and silky snowdrop flower.