• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Isles of Wær

When should we start?

• Right Now (At 6 Roleplayers)

• At 7 Roleplayers

• At 8 Roleplayers

• At 9 Roleplayers

• Once We Are Full (At 10 Roleplayers)

Results are only viewable after voting.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
It isn't possible to not get hit when you are a huge lump of armour in the middle if a bullet storm. And since armor is pretty much useless against bullets, he wouldn't stand much of a chance. If he didn't die straight away, it is most likely he'd have died of blood loss before he could be helped. This shootout is pretty much the equivalent of John Marston's death in RDR. There's just no idea on how Morai could really survive this.

Plus
Maybe don’t engineer your troops or main characters to have invincibility in the first place, your characters always to be be able to predict anyone else’s troops and then magically find the perfect counter to them all.
I know my characters were strong. But honestly, they had a good portion of land and resources. And they hunted pirates. Everyone knows that pirates are known to plunder and steal, selling the items they had stolen to other regions for more than they were worth. The only pirates they didn't hunt were the ones who crashed on their beach. But, it seems my army isn't much welcome here either way.

And they weren't able to predict everything or counter everything. Kiux, for example. They didnt predict the attack. Morai only knew because of messengers. And even then, he didnt attack Necromegalopolis direcly. He let Necromegalopolis get captured. If there was a 'magic counter' to this, that wouldnt have happened. If Il'vhin could magically predict anyone else's troops, he could have helped the Luciferi Obumbratio Kingdom to not get captured. But alas, this argument is going nowhere. I don't think there's a point to go on from this. Sorry, but I'll most likely have to leave.

Except they weren't invincible. They just took longer to take out. If even any incendiary weapons were used against them, the heat would make them either get out of the armour or kill them.
What sort of incendiary weapons would work then? Because you’ve already said that arrows merely bounce off their armor, there’s no magic in the world so can’t use mages or the like. There’s no real way to ignite their weapons either.
So do tell me what sort of incendiary weapon are supposed to be used against them in a setting and situation like this.

DevVoid

So do tell me what sort of incendiary weapon are supposed to be used against them in a setting and situation like this.
Greek Fire contained in Glass or Ceramic Containers, Barrels of Oil rolled to them then shot with fire arrows, Any type of oil poured near them and lit on fire, the tactic of lighting the blades of weaponry on fire. Asides incendiary weapons, they could've also been taken down with enough hits on the helmets. Yet, this was not likely to happen in such a situation since there wasn't really much of something heavy or strong to do so. So, that gets crossed out. Or, the easiest option of all; just go around them. They're tanks, but they're slow as all hell. You can literally just march a circle around them. That was the main option of not taking damage from them. Just fend off the other invaders and leave the Sentinels to be taken care off when all other troops were disposed off. Again, this doesn't matter now. I am not in this RP anymore.

It doesn’t matter whether it is realistic that he didn’t get hit.
Also, I never said you soldiers were invincible, that was Frontier Master, and arguing about it isn’t going to make it better.
Also, by leaving the RP, you are ruining it for other people. It would very difficult to continue missing such an integral country (you were keeping 3 small/weak otherwise unallied countries alive: Kiux, Luciferi Obumbratio, and Habouokami). But fine, we will continue without you.

Here’s my plan:
We open this back up and see if anybody will join.
What does everybody who is still in the RP think?

DevVoid

I could probably join back, I just dont know of a plan on what to do with Morai currently. Let me think of something to do, and I'll edit my post accordingly.

Yeah, I got it. I'm actually writing a post right now, a ton of stuff just happened while I was asleep so I spent a while trying to figure out exactly what was happening (It was a conflict on Wren's colony in Habouokami, right? And then some important people died?)

So, Holm is now in a Civil War (mainly because we don't have the firepower to fight the larger war, and I thought it'd be an interesting thing to have). The warring factions will end up taking sides in the larger war too, but it shouldn't really matter because we're Holm and overall not that threatening. I didn't really fully explain it in my post because hoo boy is it already quite long, but each Chieftain's personal army (not part of the main Holm Army that got absolutely obliterated) only consists of around 150 men, though Balder and Einar both have longships available. The Holm Colonies will also stay neutral during this conflict

I could fix my post @Mr Fishykarp if that's autoing I like to be fair here if you seem ok with that also yes they are land mines but that would be kind of ridiculous if they were water but they were planted on the higher part of the ship so water doesn't touch it

It's cool, just don't kill any more Chieftains without asking me first. Luckily I still have three more that are probably about to kill eachother

I’m not sure if I should or should not put it in the next post, but I think realistically Wren would side with Hjarta (because Balder organized the alliance and their island is the nearest geographically to Kytirome) or stay completely neutral.

Balder will probably want to continue the war against Wren's enemies, so that makes sense. Einar might even turn on Wren depending on how that goes (though again, I can't see him doing much except striking Soulmine). Foreign influence in the civil war will be interesting and probably will end up deciding the winner

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
@Pokéboy098 yet again, you appear to have ignored me, Bam has positioned guard towers with cannons on every shore, your army getting onto the shore with no hassle what so ever makes no sense. I am also afraid to say that dependent on what occur next in this roleplay there is a high chance that I may be dropping out as I am trying to cut down on roleplays.

I think it is highly unlikely that cannons facing away from an island on guard towers, meaning that they would be difficult to aim and adjust properly, would be able to target ships moving at full speed, and once the soldiers were on the island, the cannons wouldn’t help much.

But I’ll edit a little.

@LunarSilvally @Pokéboy098

a few things about your post
1. I'm not sure if I made it clear enough, if I haven't I apologize, but my forces set fire to the wood lands around the archers and it wasn't exactly a small campfire either, it was a full blown forest fire. So I'd imagine that the fire would be growing larger and larger by the minute. As such I'm unsure as to how your wolves would be able to get to the archers without setting themselves on fire.

2. Pretty sure this rp is supposed to be Medieval only so Electricity wouldn't exist at all, so I'm just going to ignore that element.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I'm not sure, I don't really see much else left for Bam at this point, he will probably be left with his small group by the end of this attack and it will only be a little while till he is attacked again, so I'm not sure.