• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed “The Isles of Wær” RP

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
" Oh? Barbaric, are we now? " Morai spoke, holding up his left arm to stop Razor. The big bear backed away, but still remained growling menacingly. Morai took off his helmet and threw it to the ground. Then, he crouched down and grabbed Korika's head by the hair, pulling him up to look at him face to face. " Would Barbarians give you a chance to run? No, I don't think so. Would Barbarians remain peaceful after taking a piece of land for themselves? No. Would Barbarians have left the former Kiux Queen's child alive and offered to help her rebuild her empire, completely disregarding the true enemy that holed himself up in the one island he stole from us like the coward he was? No. No they wouldn't, would they? I don't expect you to understand. You Kyritome people never understood peace. You only ever went by your strongest desire, greed. We, Il'vhin, go by our instinct and desire to bring peace through the nations. By all means necessary, including Violence. We put our people in top priority, and our allies in the second. Why do you think we have so much armour on our hands? We have all the power we could get, but not once did we use it to forcefully take lands and nations. That is where you made your mistake, and where we have our differences. We know not to disturb the peace. We know to forge alliances. But, most of all, we know not to betray the trust of those who we have held no grudges against. " He spoke, then let go of Korika's head again. Morai put on his helmet again, and raised his axe, ready to decapitate Korika should he try to struggle again.

Korika fell to his knees and coughed out blood while clutching his stomach. “You don’t think there were innocents in the town you just burned down? You don’t think that the very explosives used by your friends will harm your harvest more than our trading post? That is how war works. Get used to it princess, because after this attack you are about to be in the biggest war of your life. Oh, and I did have a plan.”

The galleys were circling back around the city now to where Korika was, and they had managed to load most of the muskets and bows onto the ships. Suddenly, an onslaught of bullets and arrows were flying at them. One bullet hit Korika in his chest, and he fell to the ground for the last time, his breath leaving him. However, the plan had been to hope that the generals of the enemy army would also get hit, without any protection from their soldiers in the city. The city’s walls too were a trap, not designed to protect it so much as trap soldiers inside of a burning mess. Korika was one of the finest generals in Kytiromean history, and he knew he couldn’t win while outnumbered so heavily.

DevVoid

Morai was most severely damaged by the onslaught of bullets. He fell down on one knee, most of his armour dented, bleeding out of multiple spots. His armour protected him from the bullets hitting vital spots, but it had still caught him bad. Razor crawled up in a ball, back rotated towards the bullets. The bullets grazed his armour and pierced through it, into his flesh. The bear groaned in pain, but endured it nonetheless.

Last edited:
She was badly wounded after the Onslaught including DawnAngel as she barely managed to escape from the attack. Shadow managed to get her back to Otso Zuria as she was now bedridden. Her injuries were severe as Shadow had heard that his own sister might not make it through the night including her mare DawnAngel as she suffered the same faith. The troops of Habouokami prayed that she may just survive as all they had was hope and that their prayers could be answered.

When the first two of the eight galleys were sunk or boarded from other enemy ships, the other six ended their onslaught and tried to retreat. Another two galleys were caught, but the remaining four galleys managed to get all the way back to Korika (the city). There were few survivors.
Soon, the news of the attack, and most of all, the death of Korika, spread to Wren. He was furious. The first thing he did when he heard was go to the altar to his spirit, which was the clay spirit, and swear on it with blood that we would kill every last Il’vhin Gharde and Habouokami soldier in his path until he could kill the generals themselves who had killed his brother. The second thing he did was send a letter to Mallick and Holm: a warning that his own colony in the north might be attacked, and also a call to war. The third thing he did was order another draft of the civilians, this time seeking the specific 20000 who he had let leave the military after their last war.

DevVoid

Morai struggled to get up, but was given support by his troopers. Together they all went back to their ships and sailed back to Il'vhin Ghardé. Morai was quickly relieved of his heavy armour, which was taken to the blacksmith to be taken care of. Morai himself was carried to his resting chambers and laid to rest in his bed, cared for 24/7 by his loyal servants. Internally, Morai swore to himself that he was gonna eliminate all of Kyritome after such a dirty field move that nearly killed him, Razor and the ruler of Habouokami.

JC was still in critical condition as she remained bedridden as her stead DawnAngel got the same faith but thanks to both of their armors they escaped death just nearly. A lot of the herbs from their country was all over JC's and DawnAngel's body which was well medicated to help with even the worst of injuries. Everest however had this feeling that Morai was still alive as she went to Shadow. He seemed to have the same feeling as he wrote a message saying that if he was alive to get back to him with Everest but he also had mentioned the JC was in critical condition as she was still bedridden and yet to wake just yet but if he wishes to visit her he can. He also said that he has to move back into hiding due to JC's condition for her own safety as Everest would lead him to the location if needed. Shadow rolled the message before slipping it under her stomach before seeing her off. Gertrude decided to follow her just in case back to Il'vhin ghardé.

The girls flew for a long while careful not to be spotted to the country of Il'vhin ghardé. They weren't exactly sure if Morai had a window or not but did their best until they saw Morai in bed resting being cared for. The girls flew in before landing on the bed frame towards the end as they watched Morai being cared for. They both were in a protective state as Gertrude perched at the window.

@DevVoid

(Hoo boy I missed alot. Seeing as, unless I'm mistaken, Sodroaca Ostral no longer exists as its own entity, ignore my previous posts interacting with their nation. I guess Balder and Kari were there to inspect vague rumours of a nation existing out that way, or something. I'm also not precisely sure where/when Kyritome set up that small chunk of land on the islands, but for convenience let's say that Holm arrived and left before they arrived)

Ragna and Einar regrouped on their colony of Heild. With a new enemy, and assurance that their raiding tactic worked, they began to plan their next move. Einar returned to the Chieftain Council room on Hjarta, while Ragna once again went with the fleet to the still-unnamed colony on the island they shared with Soulmine, and prepared for a strike on Habouokami.

Ragna's flagship, with all fifteen Longships in tow, plunged through the Otso Strait and made their way towards the capital, Otso Zuria. They began with small attacks on small villagers, but, confident that their strategy would work as expected, they quickly went for the big prize. Ragna's fleet docked in Osto Zuria, and the 450 raiders surged out of the boats, hoping to do as much damage as possible before any real defence could be attempted. Ragna, and her 38 guards, charged for [wherever the Captial Building/where JC and DawnAngel currently are], hoping to eliminate Habouokami's leader, and thereby their resolve to continue fighting.

===================================================================================================

Meanwhile, the search for new allies on the Ostral Islands came up fruitless
"So, there's, for the most part, nobody on any of the islands to the east." Balder said. "If we don't count small groups of pirates and exiles hiding on the islands."
"Looks like the Commonwealth won't get any new members here." Kari agreed.
"It's still interesting meeting them," Balder said. "A loose conglomeration of various ideals is what Holm was founded on, after all."
"Yes, I'm sure we've learnt alot from the pirates who tried to kill us." Kari said, sarcastically. "I still think that this entire expedition was pointless. Einar's probably completely destroyed our diplomatic relations in the time we've been away."
"I think we should note this place down regardless," Balder said. "The islands would make for a good colony, sometime in the future."
On that note, the two chieftains returned to Hjarta.

===================================================================================================

Needless to say, Balder and Kari weren't exactly pleased that Einar brought Holm into multiple seperate conflicts in their absence, but it made sense. Neither Balder nor Kari would want to deny help to their allies either. That being said, neither were happy with what Einar did. Predictably, tensions flared, one thing led to another, and it ended with a shouting match between the chieftains.
"I am trying to protect us from our opportunistic neighbours!" Einar shouted.
"You aggravated the allies that we're going to need if we want to survive!" Balder retorted.
"We did fine alone for years!"
"We're a major player now! We've got more land and access to more resources!"
Kari cut them off. "If you two could chill for maybe five minutes, maybe we could get somewhere instead of this back-and-forth. We just got back, and obviously there's a few tensions here. I'll be on Hendur if you need me, but I'm not getting involved in your messes."
With that being said, Kari stormed out of the room. As the three Chieftains returned to their own islands, each with the same thought in mind: I'd better prepare for the worst, if their ambitions get out of hand.

(OOC: Lengthy post, but all that matters is that Ragna is attacking Habouokami's captial, and the Holm Commonwealth might be about to fall apart at the seams)

Shadow had this feeling an attack would come so had his sister and DawnAngel transported to a much more hidden area up in Otso mountains where a home that was under ground due to his sisters life being in danger. A couple of archer warriors and soldiers was stationed there with her for extra protection. Shadow got on Midnight before she galloped back to Otso Zuria. He saw the chaos and they really was confident that they would win this. "Get the citizens to safety now! Archer warriors take them out!" He commanded as a bunch of arrows took down the 450 raiders along with soldiers that came out if nowhere on horses. He pulled out his katana before cutting them down easily taking their heads off with it. He knew this army was after his sisters and her steads life but luckily he had transported her somewhere safe before they could even kill her. Shadow saw 38 guards trying to look for his sister before he and Midnight stopped them. "Take one more step and the ground before you will blow up all of your limbs except mine and my sisters army!" He said angry as he had a flaming torch in his hand ready to drop it to show he wasn't kidding around as Midnight took a couple of steps back. "If you really think I am joking then be my guest!" He added as more of the warriors came from behind him to protect him.

@Mr Fishykarp

Wren was debating between attacking north and finishing it quickly, in hopes of making what would otherwise be a two front war a one front war, and invading Il’vhin Gharde itself to get revenge. Wren decided that he wanted to go straight for the kill. So, he assembled his army and sent them to Neve. Once they got there, they began a march to Sanctus, with the navy following along on the coast.

The plan was either to go after Necromegalopolis and use it as a jumping off point or to go for the abandoned city of Lecholor and use it as a jumping off point. However, Wren wanted to wait and ask Daniel first which he thought would be better, since the leader of the new Kingdom of Sanctus was a strategist by trade.

Mallick read over the message from Wren and smiled.
“Scorpius! Rally the men, it seems we are headed to war, just not as initially expected. Set sail for Otzo Beltza, Willem inform Lordling Jorah he is to begin readying his troops to defend his outpost, Brackelm dispatch a pair of warships from the forts, one for Soul-mine and One to the northern outpost to bolster the defenses.”
The lords of the council all nodded silently before streaming out of the chambers to execute the King’s commands.

~~~Northern Outpost~~~

Jorah shivered as he read the account of Korika’s death. He had been in Soulmine when the general had arrived and held a personal respect for the man, choosing diplomatic channels over brute military force
“Very well, set the builders on a double shift, I want those defenses built yesterday. Begin stockpiling the guardtowers with arrows and oil, double the guard numbers on at all times” He was no tactical genius but he knew the lay of the land, the position of the outpost meant that they would see any aggressors coming long before they were at their walls. All they had to do was hold out until reinforcements arrived.

DevVoid

One of the servants within Morai's room noticed the owls and the message they were carrying along with them. Atleast one of them was. The servant took the scroll from the owl and nodded, then walked to his Overlord. " My liege, it appears you have acquired some letters from the Habouokami Region. Shall I read them aloud to you? " The man asked. Morai could simply make a thumbs up as he was still steadily recovering from the fight. The bullets in his body were taken out and the holes were patched up. Now was just a question of resting still for a few days to recover. Earlier he had gotten the news that Razor, his steed, wasn't too badly injured due to the bear's thick skin. Razor had been patched up rather easily. Well, not entire easily. One servant lost his life to it because all the others had to find a way to calm him down, and one of them just wasn't careful enough. The Servant holding the scroll read it aloud, and Morai listened closely. He was relieved to hear that the Leader of the Habouokami Region was safe and sank into his bed comfortably as the servant stopped reading again. The Servant put the scroll away and walked to his Overlord. " Oh, sir, I should tell you that we've had alot new troops trained since taking over the Kiux Region. With all the new towns from the Kiux Region, we had sent over all the citizens into Thanéum and Majoráeth. Atleast, all those who were healthy and young enough to train. Should we get an attack, we should evacuate the Kiux Region and go on full alert in our own. Please, rest easy, you have earned it after all. " The servant said, then went to leave. As he stood at the doorframe, he spoke again. " Oh, and the repairs of the damaged weaponry and armour is going along just fine. Yours has been naturally fixed first. We had decided to melt the armour down and forge a new one out of it, making it exactly the same as the last. So, no worries. You will be able to fight again once you're healed. " The servant spoke, before leaving the room. Morai laughed cheerily, coughing a bit inbetween. " ...wait, holdon. " Morai said. The Servant turned around, wondering what his Overlord wanted. " ..put... put the Il'vhin Ghardé on full alert. We have slain Korika in battle.. I expect the Kyritome, specifically Wren would want revenge on us for doing so... Have the ships roam around our main island and evacuate the Kiux Residents. I can't say when he is going to strike, but I only know that it will happen soon. And when that happens... I want.. " He coughed. " ..I ..want my country to be ready, and my civilians to be safe.. " Morai spoke. The servant nodded and walked out of the room. Soon enough, the head general was informed, then the other generals, then the kings of each town, and Il'vhin ghardé was on full alert. Troops had been sent out to bring civillians from the Kiux Region over to Majoráeth and Tháneum, to keep them safe. Small gondolas of boats began swimming around the islands, using a telescope to look for enemies and a bonfire and a blowhorn onboard to inform the country of any incoming raids. Work had begun on reinforcing City Walls, but especially had work been done to reinforce Thanéums Walls and the Thanéum Fortress. The Kiux Region was left unprotected, as it was now nothing but a ghost region, as every civilian, soldier, even royalty was brought over to Il'vhin's biggest city and capital for protection. Including Captain Nilrén and the former Kiux Queen's Daughter.

It wasn't long before Ranga realised that she'd miscalculated, maybe fatally. The response of the Habouokami military was a lot faster than she expected, and to be found before she could even call for a retreat?
"Very well..." she said, slowly retrieving her sling from behind her back. "I will not move one... more... step!"
She launched a stone directly at Shadow's face, and then sprung forwards to tackle him down.
"Scatter!" she shouted. "Retreat!"

The troops didn't need to be told twice, and already, most of her guard dispersed, trying to run out of range of Haboukami's islands. Throughout the entire battle, the Holm Army was being similarly routed, and despite starting a few fires and managing to escape with a number of valuables and hostages, they were, for the most part, utterly defeated. Of the nearly five hundred men who arrived in Otso Zuria, only one hundred and fifty managed to get to the longships. From there, the Holm Army knew they still weren't safe, so they began using their prisoners as human shields. There were at least a few warcrimes committed there and the army knew that they'd made a big mistake, but evading the arrows was really the only thing on their mind in the moment. Without waiting for their comrades, or even Chieftain Ragna, the ships began leaving port to escape back to Holm

Shadow huffed as he was now pissed but luckily he ordered at least two of the archer warriors to plant a bomb inside the ship for even underestimating Otso Zuria in the first place and for thinking otherwise that they were vulnerable. He knocked off the girl from him before he gave a warning. "Don't even think that you could escape here alive because we have more trained steads then just horse but let's just say you will be meeting a lot of "fangs" in this thick forest! Also, it's too late for your comrades that did scatter but it's your fault for underestimating us in the first place!" he finished hearing explosions from the minefields that were placed around hidden areas of Otso Zuria blasting the scattering troops she ordered killing them instantly. Shadow raised his hand signaling a special sign before a pack of wolves appeared growling loudly facing the girl. "Let me tell you something, Otso Zuria actually means "White wolf" in Basque which explains the masks we wear and how we are very experienced at training the beautiful creatures such as the wolf! This is what you get for underestimating us! You better run before you become a meal for them yourself" he said signaling the Arctic white wolves. "Get her!" he added as the wolves growled running after her as one of them managed to leap on her biting down on her shoulder breaking the bone causing her to fall due to the weight of the wolf as the other wolves of the pack grasped her limbs once she fell starting to tare her apart by the skin first.

Everest flew down to Morai's bedside as she looked to him as she was a bit worried as she screeched softly a bit walking closer until she reached his face. Gertrude remained at the window having this bad feeling about the Capital of Otso Zuria as she screeched at Everest that she was going to go. Everest screeched back and told her to be careful before seeing her fly off back to Otso Zuria careful not to be spotted while she flew back. Everest looked back to Morai before carefully fixing a bandage that was off the injury.

@Mr Fishykarp @DevVoid

Once at Sanctus, Daniel, who had also been gathering the army of Luciferi Obumbratio, met Wren, and together with the other strategists there, they decided to attempt to overtake Necromegalopolis. A message was sent out to Mallick and Holm in hopes that they would also supply more troops and/or ships.

Daniel had managed to convince a good amount of the soldiers of the kingdom that when Bam has fallen in combat, as was now the common belief, he had named Kade his heir. This made about 80% of the soldiers continue to follow him. That meant that Kade was supplying about 8000 Lawbringers, 4000 Archers, and 8000 Assassins. It wasn’t much, but it would do, especially since they were more well trained than many soldiers in the Kytiromean army.

(OOC: Since there's more than one longship, and only one explosive is mentioned, I assume that it's the main flagship that got destroyed? You also killed Ragna which might be autoing and Probably Not Ok, but I was going to have her die anyways so that's chill. I also have to assume that the mines are land-based, because sea mines are a technology way too advanced for this RP (not that landmines aren't))

Ragna's flagship went up in flames, burning a hefty majority of the Holm survivors (and also the prisoners that they took, so Good Job I Guess), and debris flew into other ships, destroying them too. Twelve Longships, carrying a total of 57 soldiers between them, and small amounts of stolen goods and prisoners, were able to slip away, leaving their comrades and chieftain to die. To Chieftain Ragna's credit, she didn't go quietly, bashing in the head of one with a rock for her sling, and then turning and wrestling another to the ground before they overwhelmed her. The Chieftain of Heila died with honour.

Of course, there was far less honour in returning back to Holm with a defeat. A man named Nanook, de facto leader of the Heild Colony, received the news of the colossal defeat, and Ragna's presumed death. With the three remaining Chieftains busy on the mainland, Nanook made the decision to keep the remaining Holm military on the island, sending only messengers to the mainlands in smaller vessels that he borrowed from the people of Heild. Getting that done, now Nanook was left only with the headache of what to do with the prisoners and useless plunder that the army had come back with.

Upon receiving the news, the Chieftains were, of course, enraged. In better times, the Council would've united their wrath against Habouokami, but in better times, Ragna was still alive. Without the closest thing they had to a neutral voice of reason, the next Chieftain Council Meeting quickly became another intellect-measuring competition between Balder and Einar.
"You authorised the stupid war in the first place!" Balder shouted.
"The allies that you made got us into this thing!" Einar replied. "Now we're left with an heirless island - which I claim, by the way - and a few hundred deaths, mainly of Hnefanans!"
"What do you mean you CLAIM the island?"
"Since you obviously can't be trusted with it, Heila is mine!"
"You've made all the wrong decisions! I'll look after Heila until we can find someone to replace Ranga!"
"You're an idiot!"
"Are you really resorting to childish insults? At least make a real threat!"
"I declare war against Hnefana then, how about that as a real threat?"

Everything ground to a halt. Balder, Einar, and Kari (who'd just been observing up to this point), all stopped in their tracks.
"Fine..." Einar said. "Then I declare war on Hjarta."
Kari spoke up. "You two can't be serious! We're already in a massive war!"
"Who are you to tell us what to do? All you do is manage grain and festivals! Who cares about that?"
Kari's expression darkened. "Yes, the one responsible for the feeding and happiness of the people, that's definitely the person you want to antagonise."
"Wait- Kari!" Balder shouted, but Kari already left the throne room.
"I suppose it's war then." Einar said, exiting out the other way, "I hope you're prepared."

DevVoid

Morai had lifted his arm as best he could, petting Everest on the head as a thanks for fixing the bandage that wasn't sticking anymore. Then, he attempted to get up, but just merely failed and fell down. " Urgh.. I can move my arms, but I don't have enough upper body strength to keep myself up.. " He quietly said to himself, then looked to his messenger eagle who was sat in his cage. Morai attempted to stand up again and used the bed to hold himself up while he was standing. Quickly, as quick as he could atleast, he opened the eagle's cage and walked to his desk. He was deciding to write to Necromegalopolis to warn Bam and his troops about a potential attack from the Kyritome kingdom. Briefly he described in the letter what occured and how Korika of the Kyritome Kingdom was no more. He also explained the injuries he got himself and described that Bam should stay on guard, like Morai was doing with his region. Morai closed up the letter by rolling it up and bound it together with a piece of string. Then, he bound it to his eagle's foot and let him fly off to Necromegalopolis. He hoped Bam would get the letter in time, to atleast know that he may be doomed to fall after all at the hands of Wren. That damned Wren... that kid was nothing but trouble. Morai slowly stood up again, using his desk to balance himself, then moved over to his bed to lay down in it again. Quickly he put the bedsheet over himself again and remained laying still, not to worry his servants that he did walk just now.

( @Shadow_Pup You may also want to react to the Traders in Necromegalopolis sent by the Il'vhin Ghardé to bring a welcoming gift of supplies, rations and equipment. )

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
One of the guards of the palace, accepted the gifts from the traders, thanking them on Bam's behalf. Bam recieved the letter and began to put things in place, he set up many cannon wielding watch towers along every coast, each was armed with regular and incendiary cannon balls (incendiary cannon balls are hollowed out cannon balls that break open on impact and are filled with the stuff from the barrels from before, the essentially do less instant damage than an ordinary cannon ball but set fire to what ever they hit). He had what was left of his military prepare to fight, he turned to Gray and Lightwood, "this may be our last stand, but we will go down fighting, I want the two of you to come with me and my escape team from when I fled. We are going to get onto as many ship's as possible and take out any generals we find, if you see Wren do not engage, he is mine" they nodded and Bam, his two Captain's and his team (the 2 Lawbringers, 1 Archer and 4 Assassins he escaped with) made their way to a small boat, waiting for the arrival of their enemy.

When they had learned that no forces would be coming to help, the combined forces of Kytirome and Sanctus set out. The island of Necromegalopolis would be a little small, but they decided to surround it with the navy (although a a few ships were shot down, causing several units to drown), and then drop the soldiers on the shore (who immediately targeted the towers shooting ships down before taking new orders from Wren; these towers would be key to holding the beach, as any defenders coming towards them would now have to deal with siege weaponry), so that there were 90000 troops surrounding anybody on the island. He hoped it would a bloodbath, because he wanted to make his troops think the upcoming war would be easy and raise their morale with a win. First, he sent in the 4000 cavalry to run about the city causing havoc, with the heavy cavalry meant to protect the skirmishing cavalry. Then, he sent out the 8000 Assassins to find hiding places and take out anybody they could. As for the army itself, several camps were set up along the beach, and the siege of the city continued. His goal for right now was to take down the enemy morale and preparation with a few chaotic attacks.

Last edited:

DevVoid

The traders moved away as soon as Bam accepted the gifts, as they still had more business to attend to in Majoraeth. Now, with everyone moved away, there were no more Il'vhin Ghardé troops remaining on the island, nevermind the city. At once, guard towers and bunkers begun being built around Il'vhin Ghardé's part of the island. Short, thick octagon-shaped bunkers used primarily for the Gunners, Hunters and other ranged units to shoot at the enemy from a safe place. Traps were set up around the main island, not including the border past Il'vhin mountains leading into Kiux. The Kiux region was left an empty place to give the enemy a false sense of security. Guard towers were prepared and mined into the mountains as quickly as they could. Boulders were placed ontop of them and explosives planted inside the towers to prepare for a trap should the enemy try to invade the towers. The plan was to break down the towers should the enemy attempt to raid them with the explosives and sent the boulders atop them rolling down the mountains towards the enemy, with the help of gravity and physics. Various traps involving dropping pig blood and raw meat onto the enemy were set up, mainly to get the help of the wilderness, as the blood's scent would be picked up by nearby predators once leaking out of their containers. Even pitfalls were made, some with spears and other sharp spikes planted in them, some with just a steep fall posing as danger. Siege equipment such as the Hwachas, Cannons, Catapults and the like were set outside the city or on the walls protecting them. Hunters and Warmongers roamed the forests as scouts, hiding in the covers of the plants and foilage to seek out the enemy. Even if their leader was hurt, Il'vhin Ghardé was not gonna go down without going all out. After all, this was not a simple battle. This. was war...

Gertrude flew back to Shadow grasping his shoulder as she saw the wolves of Otso Zuria come back with their mouth all bloody due to killing an enemy of Otso Zuria. Shadow had to be on the defensive now, with his sister badly injuried and troops tried to find her and take her life and DawnAngel's he would have to bring her to an area that was safe where her life was not in danger. He went to make sure that the citizens of Otso Zuria were ok but had lost a good amount of citizens that were taken hostage losing their lives as well. He looked to Gertrude before pulling out another sheet of paper as he wrote to Morai that unknown enemy troops attacked Otso Zuria being after JC's life but handled it quickly and accordingly. Due to what happened he can't leave Otso Zuria unattended yet alone all the cities as JC was put in a secret area in the mountains only he and Hàbouokami knew about for her own safety with guards and a few of archor warriors protecting her. He asked if his servents can watch over her until she is well enough to stand up and fight back. He also told him that she is at a higher risk of getting fevers due to having severe injuries and also said that she may blame herself for not protecting him. He finished with saying that he must remain in Otso Zuria and take JC's place until she is well enough to take her role again and was counting on him to make sure that her life was safe in his hands. He also mentioned that he would send extra help that is more to the ground.

He rolled up the paper and tied it before slipping it under Gertrude feet as she flew off of his shoulder heading back to Morai's location. He signaled the wolves to go but one had remained wearing a collar with a cross hanging from it as on the side the wolf's name was engraved as it said "Dove". The light blue eyed she-wolf looked to Shadow understanding her position on protecting JC at all costs due her injuries.

@DevVoid

The warships had somehow managed to draw close to Otso Beltza without raising too much suspicion. Half of the ships had dropped off their forces on north eastern side of the Otso Mountains while the others remained upon the other ships ready to land directly at Otso Beltza.
“Sir we have completed construction on the the siege weapons you requested. The hills men and wild riders report that the enemy seems unaware of our presence”
“Very good, tell the men to ready their weapons, we will attack before dawn”
“It will be done my lord”
Scorpius smiled as the squire strode away, reaching instinctively for his halberd and carefully inspecting the weapon, running his fingers greatly over the blade to ensure it’s sharpness, taking a whetstone to correct the odd minor roll. Once finished he carefully placed the weapon atop a pedestal so as to avoid damaging the newly honed edge. Before drawing his Falcion and repeating the process.

~~~Later~~~

Scorpius and his forces did their best to sneak their way close to the city. Readying themselves for battle, the warships were hidden just in a cove around the mouth of the river waiting for the signal. That being a single firework let off by Scorpius’ squire from the rear of their forces. A quiet whistle could be heard briefly as the rustic rocket flew upward, the world fell silent for a moment before *BOOOOOOOM* the rocket erupted in a plume of bright flames.
“CHARGE!!!” The Hallowian forces erupted from their hiding spots and raced toward the city gates, arrows arch wrong over their heads toward the city walls and towers. As the warships came into view firing upon the city with their fixed cannons. Before attempting to land the remaining naval bound forces.

Shadow had ridden back to back from Otso Zuria to Otso Beltza to be alert of any foes that will attack here as he even readied the black wolf pack for the attack signaling them to remain in hiding. The soldiers were all prepared to attack including the minefields that were hidden underground ready to explode once the enemy stepped on the wrong stop. Shadow was going to show that it was a bad idea to mess with Habouokami along with the capital and its cities. The lord of Habouokami was down due to the injuries she received back at the onslaught with Morai leaving her gravely wounded nearly dying because of it. They want to lose their soldiers that badly then he will grant it without hesitation. He was following what JC does as he was the assistant to her as he was waiting for Gertrude to get back to him with the message from Morai about his situation. The archer warriors remained hidden in the shadows ready to attack once they arrive at the port. He made sure the citizens of Otso Beltza was evacuated quickly to prevent any more lives of citizens. He made sure to leave just enough troops on both sides of the Otso Mountains since JC was hidden in between the mountains of Otso but it was well hidden for others to not spot it. Archer warriors hid in the shadows of the trees at both the right and left of the mountains including warriors. Foes thought they were vulnerable but Shadow will prove their enemies wrong and he made many wolf packs trained well to attack with just one command.

As the Hallowian forces advanced a group of wild riders and hills men stayed behind with the archers and musketeers, partially as a defense for the group but also to light fires in the surrounding wood lands. The archers were set up in an area already cleared of wood, the trees having been cut down to build the siege weapons. The flames grew and grew as the archers begun firing flaming arrows over the battle field toward the City.
As the first group of the land mines exploded under foot Scorpius called a halt to his charge, summoning up his bastion and shield wielding units to do their best to protect the group from any ranged attacks.
“Cast your storm rocks ahead of you as you walk!” He called throwing a couple of the tiny explosives forward, causing a pair of mines to explode barely 20 feet ahead of the group. Now with a more cautious movement the troops continued to advanced toward the city.
Meanwhile the battleships who had previously dropped off their forces prior to the assault continued to fire upon the castle with cannons and flaming arrows, hoping to provide cover for the landing troops. Who begun to fan out, bastion units in the lead with pike men closely behind and finally the mix of musket men and sword wielding warriors.

DevVoid

Morai noticed Gertrude come flying to him again and took the scroll of paper from her, reading it. He took a small bell from his bedside table and rung it, a servant quickly coming to aid. Morai pointed the servant to his writing desk and ordered him to write a response back. Morai spoke that the servant should write how he was still bedridden from the injuries, but was awaiting an attack from Kyritome. He asked to write that he is very busy evacuating the land and setting up traps, guard towers and the like. He explained that he might be able to move and fight again in a few days, but cannot come to visit or help in any battles while his own country is at war. He also asked the servant to write that while Morai does feel bad, he cannot help JC's condition as his country isn't as focused on medicine, herbs or farming in general as much as theirs. He wrote that he had however planned to speak to that unknown visitor, atleast per letters, should Shadow describe the enemy in detail (By that he means Holm) so that Morai can know who exactly it was. Maybe remember if there were any symbols resembling a flag or an emblem on their uniforms. The servant finished the scroll and gave it back to Gertrude, naturally binding it in together with string first. Then he carefully picked up Gertrude and set her on the windowsill for her to fly away. The Servant then left the room and Morai slowly began nodding off, falling asleep.

While traps were being set up ,the Head General had an idea. Instead of just evacuating the Kiux Region, he would set up traps inside the houses and cities of Kiux just to wipe out some more enemy soldiers while they were marching to their death into the Il'vhin Ghardé's original part of the island. Arrow Traps, Spike Traps, Incendiary and Explosive Traps meant to trap enemies inside the buildings and either collapse on them or have them burn alive were all set up in and around the different cities, including the houses and the Kiux Castle. Warmongers and Hunters had kept a watchful eye on the lands, a few of them watching Necromegalopolis. They would alert everyone as soon as the enemy begun moving to the main land, and then everyone would hurry on back to the main land again, to make the Kiux Region look like a ghost town again.

He heard the mines explode near the port as he huffed. "Hm think your that smart well nice try," he said as he ordered his troops to throw water on the ground to prevent the fire from further spreading to the city that was coming from the arrows. The archer warriors had newly invented arrows that they were going to test out. The archer warriors shot the arrows seeing the troops as it landed between them until the arrows exploded taking them out quickly. Shadow thought of a very good idea as he poured some of the oil into the water and if he dropped a torch in it would burst into flames to cause a huge explosion all together with the mines. He was determined to not let any foes proceed forward towards the city as many of the foes were underestimating Habouokami to confidently. This bought Shadow sometime to plant new mines in the ground ready to explode but also put huge claw traps to injury their feet and ankles badly even in armor. He even placed flammable oil in the areas the mines were placed as it sucked into the dirt giving it more explosion power. "Protect the city! eliminate all foes who dare to test us!" he commanded. "Yes sir!" they said as Shadow remained on Midnight his steady as he stood in front of the city gates.

The troops on the eastern side immediately used a lot of water which was in buckets to take out the flames that the archors were surrounded with in order to ger through and attack but once they took out the flames they attacked the foes as arrows and swords came at them as most of the arrows exploded once they hit the ground taking limbs. The wolves attacked quickly using their strong jaws to tare apart their armor as their mouths started bleeding a bit due to riping them off before going for their vitals ripping throats along with limbs. Some of the troops found the archers and quickly fought them to take them down as some of the wolves followed leaping at that with no mercy breaking bones as loud growls escaped their mouths as they were fully prepared for this even if they had to die in the process. Gertrude flew back to Shadow as she saw him take the scroll from under her reading it. "Hm, I see I understand that completely," he said to himself as Gertrude flew off Shadow's shoulder as she went into hiding for her own safety.

JC jolted up but felt all types of pain coming from her body and due to raising up so fast like that she coughed up blood. "Damn that Korika..." she said weakly as she felt a nudge from a nose as she turned to see it was Dove her arctic wolf. "Dove...thank goodness your alright...I can sense war...and I believe Shadow is taking my place for now until I am able to stand up again..." she said seeing one of her troops walk up to her. "My lord, we are so relieved that you're alright, you nearly almost died due to that onslaught..." he said. She gently petted Dove before looking at her troop. "I guess I was just too stubborn to die...and I am in no condition to fight...I'm aware of that clearly...I am probably here because my life was in danger..." she said as she was mostly worried about Morai. Everest had to fly back to JC's location carefully and not be spotted as she flew in landing on JC's shoulder. "Everest...were you delivering messages?" she asked the Snowy owl. She screeched softly nodding. "I see...you happened to find Morai...didn't you?" Everest nodded. "So he survived, that's a good side...I didn't lose my allies...I was worried..." she said grabbing a piece of scroll paper as she wrote.

She wrote that Everest told her by a nod that he survived the onslaught and was relieved that he was ok and that she was worried that she lost a lord that she just allied with. She told him that she blames herself for not protecting him from a sudden attack like that as she did vow that she would even with her own life and apologized that she failed to fulfill her job of protecting him. She told him that she was doing alright just having pain all over her body due to the injuries but thanks to the medical herbs she was wearing, she would heal up in a couple of weeks. She also mentioned that she sensed war at Otso Beltza and that once it stopped she would have to do a lot of repairing and asked if he could help her rebuild once he was better and would in return help him. She also mentioned that she was going to teach and show him how to grow the medical herbs as she does in Otso Zuria. She finished with a get well soon and to take it easy on himself and to message her if he needs anything. She rolled the scroll before tying it securely and slipped it under Everest before sending her off as she flew out the window once again back to Morai. Everest could see the war going on in Otso Beltza with Shadow leading perfectly as with them distracted she could quickly fly to Morai without them noticing but she didn't want to overthink anything so flew in the sky as fast as she could. Everest finally arrived back to Morai with the message from JC as she saw him sleeping so she grasped a tall perch just next to his bed waiting patiently for him to wake on his own as she slowly closed her eyes as well resting herself. JC removed her mask to reveal her face as only her troops can see it as she laid the mask on the bed looking out the window but ended up laying down due to the amount of pain she was in as slowly fell back asleep but placed her mask at the side of her head for a quick cover.

@DevVoid @Frontier Master

Last edited:
The Pike-men were a relatively effective counter to the wolves, spearing the wild beasts from afar before they could do any more damage to the main forces. Meanwhile the heavy bastion units continued the assault toward the city, tossing down storm rocks to clear the way and bashing at any troops who tried to contest them with their huge shields. The area all around them erupting with small explosions as the explosive arrows peppered the battlefield, seeing the individuals exit the city to try and lay down another layer of traps the bastions broke formation and charged toward them, Claymore's and warhammers at the ready as they descended upon the trap-makers. Once they had finally reached the men the huge armored Hallowian's started slaughtering them and utilizing the mines which had yet to be planted, begun to hurl the explosive devices toward the city gates, weakening the thick reineforced wood.
The wild riders and hills men were also well accustomed to dealing with wolves, cleaving many of the beasts heads clean off. As the archers readied their bows with improvised storm rock arrows, far less powerful than the arrows used by the people of Habouokami but effective nonetheless at clearing the area of hidden mines.
The naval forces had finally landed and begun to assault the city from its port. streaming their way toward the cities streets weapons in hand and shields raised high above their heads to protect them from arrows and the like. All the while the city continued to be bombarded with cannon, the heavy siege weapons beginning to crack the outer walls of the city, sending the odd piece of rubble flying into the city to hit the unlucky troops stationed on the other side.

Shadow was in a bad position as he had to think fast on what to do as his forces were limited and if he didn't think fast Otso Beltza would be done for. He threw the torch down on the oiled water until it burst into flames targeting the mines he had oiled earlier close to the gates causing a huge explosion big enough to knock them dead. He then eyed the cannon they were using and thought. "-Hm a cannon huh well if that's how you want to go then I can play hard to get as well! I will not lose Otso to EverHollow!-" he thought seeing the flag as he eyed the cannon that was hidden inside the palace. He gave a signal to the troops inside the palace to work the cannon they had in hiding but once they quickly prepared it they shot there own cannon at Everhollow's destroying it completely. "Why are you attacking Otso Beltza! What is your reasoning!?" he shouted furious with anger as the cannon shot down at EverHollow's troops to decrease the huge size they were having as he saw many of his wolf packs go down easily dead but some were at his side ready to attack and protect him even if death is what awaits them. Midnight neighed as she wasn't a happy horse as she kicked the ground with her hoof hard.

She was lightly armored but her vital points were protected. "-I can't fail JC, she is counting on me and with her down resting I'm all she has left to protect this city!-" He thought as he felt Gertrude's talons grasp his shoulder keeping her body low. He glanced her before pulling out a paper quickly to tell Morai that EverHollow is brutally attacking them as he was surprised attacked but was prepared and may lose Otso Beltza as his troops are dying fast as he is about to run out of options but wasn't the type to give up easily. He rolled it quickly before attaching it to Gertrude as she flew off quickly to Morai. Gertrude flew as quickly as she could to Morai as Otso Beltza was in grave danger but once she finally got there she perched just next to Everest who was resting waiting for Morai to awake.

(I feel like your too overpowering or possibly autoing @Frontier Master your troops have to go down at some point because even with armor there is a weakness to them and Otso Beltza's mines blow once it's stepped on and they are hidden for no one to see and even with armor limbs could still be blown off. I'm just giving a warning so you don't get kicked out of this rp by an admin)

Scorpius looked on in horror as a large portion of his Bastion units were blown to pieces at the castle gates their limbs and armour strewn across the area outside the gates. Rallying what was left of his
“No one gets away with slaughters our Allies!!!” Scorpius screamed as he spurred up his horse and charged into battle, a shining icon of Hallowian Honor and Military power, right up until his horse’s left forequarter tripped a claw trap. The sudden halt in momentum tearing the mounts hoof clean off at the joint and the rest of its body was sent rolling forward launching Scorpius from his saddle and into the dirt. Hauling himself to his feet Scorpius rose wearily and continued to press onward. The last of his bastion units doing their best to shield their fellow warriors as they all ran for the newly created gap in the city walls thanks to the explosion.
Meanwhile the cannon fire from the city’s port tore through the wooden planks of the first ship before embedding itself in the hull of the second. Flames erupting from the first as the opposing cannon had ignited their powered reserves. Men diving overboard to escape the flaming wreckage. Many drowning before they could reach land due to the weight of their weapons and armour

(I’m autoing and overpowered? You’ve talked about how your wolves and explosives have torn my forces to pieces in both of your posts.... I don’t actually have that many troops left from the forward ground Assualt. You autoed most of them to an early grave before I could even use any of them. All I’m trying to do is get my remaining forces into the city so they can actually fight some people rather than being torn to pieces by defenses which whenever I try to neutralize you just magic more into existence.)

Last edited:

DevVoid

As a final trap, small roosts were constructed in the foilage of the bigger trees in the forests and on the trees near the dirt path leading into and out of Majoraeth. These roosts were made from wooden planks and thick sticks and were attached to the tree branches and logs using sturdy rope and nails made of bronze. These roosts were made for Hunters to be stationed on and fire down from above at the enemies with multiple arrows. Inside the roosts were supplies of arrows, a barrel of oil and some small bottles filled with deadly poisons and venoms. The hunters would be given unlit torches and a firesteel to take to their roost and would have to tip their arrows with poison, for added lethality. If they were on their last arrow, the Hunters are to tip the tip of their final arrow into the oil, plug up the barrel toss it down onto groups of enemies and then set them ablaze with a fiery arrow. The Warmongers prepped up on different kinds of animals, mostly common predators like Wolves, Eagles/Falcons and Bobcats, but some truly skilled Warmongers managed to tame some bears, too. The Warmongers roamed the forests, disguised as part of the pack of animals they tamed, by wearing their fur or clothes similiar in colour and appearance to the animals. Poison-tipped Caltrops, painted to match with the earth, were scattered across the dirt path leading from the former Kiux Border to Majoraeth. Sentinels begun patrolling through Majoraeth and Thanéum frequently. Explosives were also planted in the mines should the enemy attempt to take a shortcut through the tunnels, trapped to explode should one wander far enough to the middle of the tunnel leading from Kiux to Il'vhin Ghardé.

Quietly, a small gondola rowed near Necromegalopolis and a crewmember bearing a telescope saw the flag of Kyritome on the island. The captain ordered the gondola to row out of sight of the Kyritome, then the crewmembers lit the bonfire on the gondola and dove into the sea to swim back to the shore, alerting the Il'vhin Ghardé nation quietly. Alarms were not sounded, but messages were sent to the troops to be prepared, as the Kyritome was fighting on their former Island of the Dead.

Morai, slowly waking up, clenched his hands. He attempted to get up and out of bed. His back was still aching, so he quickly fell down onto the soft bed again. He saw Everest and Gertrude sitting on a perch next to his bed, both carrying messages. Morai read them both, and frowned. He would love to help, but at the moment he could neither move nor afford to send out more troops. Otherwise it'd weaken his nation and gave the enemy a bigger chance to win at this war. So, he took the feather from the ink bottle on his right bedside table and wrote a message on the back of Shadow's Scroll, stating his regrets for being unavailable at a time like this. But, he also stated that he couldn't afford to send any troops over, in fear of weakening his nation and losing it faster that way. He wrote a last apology and rolled Shadow's scroll up, giving it to Gertrude. Then, he wrote on the back of JC's scroll, stating his thanks for the offer, and that he would like to see if his lands could grow any herbs to begin with after this huge war if anything. Again he wrote in his apology for being unable to help them at a time like this, and again stated his reasoning on why he couldn't do so. He rolled that scroll up to and gave it back to Everest. Then, he laid back down on his bed, wriggling uncomfortably from his back pain.

(The Caltrops and Sentinels patrolling the two cities happened after the Gondola gave the signal, I should probably add. Since the Il'vhin Ghardé had alot of access to ores thanks to their mountains, they could afford to use so much metal.)

For a three-way civil war in Holm, Kari mused, there sure was a lot of waiting. It became apparent pretty soon that her island couldn't exactly be invaded, with by far the largest number of defenders. On the other hand, her distinct lack of a navy proved troublesome in actually attacking anyone. Meanwhile, her former friends were either unable or unwilling to engage eachother by sea, which would possibly spell a conclusive end to the war as both sided only had one ship. If both sides lost their longship, they'd be completely unable to transport a standing army, and with Kari being the only large producer of food, she could win the war by waiting the other out. Of course, that left out the shipyard of the now-leaderless island of Heila, and any outside intervention. While she didn't think she could do anything about outside intervention, she did have a plan for Helia. Helia needed Hendur's food supply to keep afloat, and so it wouldn't be hard to convince the Helians to accept her rule, at least temporarily.

Meanwhile, Einar found himself with the same train of thought, from the opposite direction. The shipyard in Heila was instrumental, more ships would allow him to send orders to the colonies without leaving his own army shipless. The settlement of Heild was where the rest of the Holm army and navy were stationed, which, if they sided with him, would make victory almost inevitable. The war was his to win, if only he took Helia for long enough to build a few ships, but he'd need to manoeuvre his fleet around Hendur. He vowed to lie in wait until he found a good opportunity to make his move.

Balder, on the other hand, was more willing to take risks, to win the civil war quickly and efficiently. After all, there was a larger conflict at hand and Holm had obligations as a member of the alliance. He sent his one Longship, essentially only with diplomats and ten guards, to request help from Kytirome. Nothing major since he knew that they had their own conflict to deal with, just any spare ships that could potentially help defeat one of his rivals.

Governer Nanook of the settlement of Heild was a mess. not only was the mainland in civil war, he still had to deal with the prisoners, and completely-useless loot, from Ragna's botched raid. After all, what was gold and jewellery going to do in a bare-bones colony that could only just manage to be self-sustaining. What he did have, though, were seventy soldiers and twelve longships, most survivors of the failed raid, but some soldiers who were stationed on Heild before this whole civil war fiasco. While a few soldiers initially wished to return to their homes, it became quickly apparent that the great majority felt too ashamed of their defeat to return to the mainland, and they especially didn't want to split up any more in case their foe in Otso Zuria tried to take revenge. So they stayed on Heild, neutral in the civil war, for now. He groaned. He didn't want to have to take a side, but didn't want to antagonise whomever the winner was by not siding with them. Not to mention, this insane "Democracy" idea that some of those prisoners were spouting was beginning to spread to the populace. Though, to be fair, it actually sounded sort of interesting...

(Potential democratic revolution here we come. Man I really should've named Heild something else, because now having Helia and Heild as important points in Holm is gonna become a problem. I'll probably add opportunities for the other major nations to support their preferred side of the civil war, or otherwise take advantage, depending on what Kytirome does)

(Honestly my army is the lowest count due to the war Habouokami had 6 years ago it reduced by half greatly so JC and Shadow don't have a lot of troops like the other countries have since they have a bit below 1000. I'm just making Shadow strategize due to the limited forces and the wolves were just recently added into the army but I did allow you to avoid at least some of the attacks now that I remember to be able to go through and I'm not using Shadow just yet to attack your troops until its a right time but I'll let your troops at least get into the city and reach Shadow and then we can go from there and about the clamps they just crush the bone not tare limbs off...I want you to at least have your steady but I'll do a post where I'll let your troops enter the city since he evacuated the citizens before hand so I understand your reasoning and I'll cut back a bit on wolves if that's what you want me to do if that's ok with you @Frontier Master)

Shadow had no choice but to lead them inside to prevent anymore of his troops and wolves from dying. "Lead them inside troops, we have evacuated the citizens so no innocent lives will be involved!" He commanded. "Yes sir!" They said opening the gate. "You want to fight that bad then so be it!" He called as he rode Midnight inside the city gate as it opened as the troops readied themselves for the upcoming attacks from the enemy troops. "I just need three wolves the rest of you scatter back to your packs and regroup!" He said giving the signal as most of the wolves scattered leaving only three beside him and Midnight. He was prepared for this as the flames were blocking their path but left that part to the enemy.

She moved uncomfortablely a bit feeling the pain from her injuries as she sat up holding her shoulder with her hand. "Dang it...I hate this...being down like this...dang Korika..." She said seeing Everest fly back in again with a message from Morai. She grabbed the note and read it carefully. She shook her head but understood that couldn't help anybody due to the condition of his injuries but she was no better as she couldn't move as much as he did. She pulled out another paper before writing again. She said to not regret anything as you did your best as she was in the same position as he was, bedridden. She told him to take it easy and rest as she will do the same no matter how stubborn she may be. She slowly grabbed her bag pulling out tied herbs and a new medical medicine she created with the formula to reduce pain. She finishes by saying thanks for allying with her Country Hábouokami as she needed the help due to her troops dropping down by half greatly six years ago. She rolled up the paper using the ribbon to tie the herbs together with it letting a note saying that the herbs will help heal his injuries as it would be just enough to help all of his injuries with just the leaves of the herb as she apologized that this was all she could get at a shorts notice then the medical medicine for pain but had warned him that it will be a bit bitter. She placed them under Everest's stomach before letting her go as she flew off.

Everest made her way back to Morai's courters before grasping her talons on the high perch waiting for Morai.

@DevVoid

The Hallowian Army came streaming into the city, regrouping initially in a central marketplace before taking shelter in the surrounding buildings.
“Our greatest issue will be the explosive arrows of their archers, remember we don’t want to kill them all, we want their leaders ALIVE!” Scorpius briefed the other half of his forces as they readied themselves for another Assualt. The troops slowly emerged from their hiding spots, shields raised ready to defend against any surprise attacks. A number of the pike men, Scorpius included, had switched their pole arms for an assortment of Swords and Axes

(Don’t worry about the horse it wasn’t anything special, correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the spike traps were basically bear traps)

Wren really wanted to help his ally who had bothered to make contact with him, Balder. However, his army was too valuable to him. So, he sent 5 galleys to go help Balder with a message that he couldn’t do anything else.
As for his own army, he decided to begin moving in on the city. His first move was to recall the cavalry and rearm them with torches. Then, he sent them back and ordered them to burn any buildings they could. Meanwhile, the Assassins began to move in on the city with orders to follow the cavalry while remaining hidden and kill any survivors of the burning.
At the same time, the 50000 light soldiers of the Kytiromean army began going into the city, seemingly in waves, to kill anybody they found and loot the buildings. Wren was with them, getting his share of the loot.
Then, before anybody in the city could know what hit them, Wren ordered the entire army to leave the city and head back to the camps on the beach. It was beginning to become dusk. Now, until dawn (or whenever Wren ran out of ammo), he planned to bombard the city with their own explosive cannonballs from the towers he had taken.

Last edited:
Shadow waited patiently waiting for the right moment to attack and try to defend Otso Beltza. He wasn't sure of EverHollows true objective but if he were to guess probably wanting the Lord which was his sister but was hidden away carefully to recover after the onslaught. He was the assistant to his sister taking over in her place while she recovers. Midnight neither looking to Shadow as he nodded at her. "I know girl just wait a bit longer" he told her petting her neck.

(They are @Frontier Master they only activate once the middle of the trap is pressed down and crush bones)

Five whole galleys? Balder was ecstatic. While probably not too much of an expense for Wren, this meant that Balder now outnumbered Einar's navy six-to-one. With his newfound naval advantage, he began to set sail for Hnefana. As they got closer, a guard post on the coast of Hnefana saw the fleet.
"Chieftain Einar!" the guard said, bursting into the Hnefana Councilroom, "the traitors' ship is coming! It's being followed by other ships!"
Einar rose from his seat, eyes wide. "What ships?"
"They appear to be similar to the ones that Kytirome uses, sir!"
Einar cursed. "Of course he'd ask for their help!"
Knowing that he was outmatched, Einar decided on a plan. Before Balder's ships could completely surround the island, he sent his own longship to Il'vhin Ghardé with a messenger, slipping past all of Balder's navy and the ongoing war. In it, he detailed a willingness to turn on Kytirome and cause a distraction by attacking their overseas possessions, if Il'vhin Ghardé gave them five or more ships to win the current civil war.

Meanwhile, Kari's plan went off without a hitch. No longer needing to send grain over to Hjarta and Hnefana, they were able to commit a large number of their trading boats to sending grain to Heila. The people, both leaderless and defenceless, welcomed the Hendur supplies with open arms and quickly accepted, if only temporarily, Kari as their new chieftain. Of course, it'd still take quite the while before any real navy could be formed from the Heila dockyards.

Finally, in Heild, Governor Nanook decided to just integrate the prisoners into his own settlement, giving them the looted gold as compensation for all the trouble. If they wanted to return to their homes, they'd be allowed to take a longship back, but frustratingly the raiders had apparently taken some students and philosophers among the hostages, who were a lot more interested in furthering the fledgling democratic movement that had taken root in Heild. Now, that may sound like lazy writing and an excuse to have a democratic uprising, but it makes sense as long as you don't question it whatsoever. Anyhow, Governor Nanook knew that due to the small size of his settlement, any a movement of any size was a movement of significant size, and stopping this strange "democracy" thing was going to be a lot harder than just letting it happen. So he decided that he may as well meet with the movement's leaders and just, see what happens.

DevVoid

A sentinel patrolling through the Thanéum Docks spotted an unknown longship approaching. He walked away, looking for the head general. When he found him, he called him to the docks, and by the time the Head General arrived, the longship had already docked and the messenger was about to get off his vessel. The Head General listened to the messengers request, and thought. Then, he spoke up. " We will send 5 Battleships with you. They're armed with cannonballs, a catapult, plenty of cannons and enough room to transport 2000 of even the sentinels. Tell your rulers that they can use these vessels for their plans only if they break up their alliance with Kyritome and join ours. Also, let them know that should they join our alliance that they are not to attack the Habouokami region anymore, as they are our allies aswell. Now, off you go. " He said, shooeing the messenger back to the ship. The five large battleships were stripped of the kingdom's flags and took off, sailing to the region of Holm Commonwealth.
(Feel free to auto these ships since they belong to your faction now @Mr Fishykarp )

Morai wriggled uncomfortably in his bed a bit more. He saw Everest enter, with another message. He took it off of her and read it, then took out the attached herbs. He gave it to a servant and told him what they were used for normally. The Servant took off to find a foraging expert or a warmonger to tell him how to use these herbs. Morai remained reading, then wrote a message on the back of the scroll. He wrote that he will help when his war with Kyritome was over, but that for the time being, he couldnt do anything as he had to protect his own country. Then, his Advisor, the head general for the military services, had walked into the room to inform his Overlord of the Holm Messenger and their negotiations. Exiting the room again, Morai wrote about the negotiations and that JC should have no worry about the Holm Commonwealth Region anymore. Then he wrapped up the scroll, gave it back to Everest and sent her off.

Last edited:
Everest flew back to JC without a problem as she landed on her bed with the message from Morai. She grabbed the message from Everest as she read it sighing in relief. She was relieved that he will help her since she knows that she will lose quite a bit of her troops from the war that is happening outside with Shadow leading it. She grabbed another scroll paper as she wrote that once she is able to stand on her own again she will go visit him if he was not able to stand still or even move. She also said she understands that he can't move right now since she can't either and would show him how to grow the herbs she grows in Hàbouokami properly. She also read about the negotiations and that she didn't have to worry about the Holm Commonwealth region anymore.

She gave a slight smile as she thanked him once again as that was relief off her shoulders and also told him that she had serious pain all over her body due to her injuries and can't even sleep properly. She rolled up the scroll again before slipping it under Everest as she flew out the window to Morai again. Everest arrived back to where Morai was perching on the stand with another message from JC. She could feel a fever coming to her as she laid down uncomfortably as Dove walked over to the clean bucket of water that had a cloth in it as she squeezed it with her mouth and paw before walking over removing her mask before placing it on her forehead to keep it down. She grabbed the mask and placed it on the bed beside her as she laid on the bed with her. Her troops watched her closely to make sure to catch anything bad happening to her.

@DevVoid

A single unarmed messenger came running through the streets a white cloth he’d torn from one of the market stalls waving a head of him.
“I wish to speak to you leaders, I have a message from the General of Hallowian Forces!” He cried as he ran, searching for troops. Hoping they would not kill him without hearing him speak.

DevVoid

Morai stood up, bored and tired of just laying around, and saw Everest come back again. He took the scroll off of her again and read it. Then, he begun writing a response back again. He wrote that it wasnt a wise idea to come at a time like this when Il'vhin Ghardé was at war with Kyritome. He also wrote that she can't sleep most likely because she is both at war aswell and, sneaking in a little sarcasm into the next statement, that she was also using up the time she could've used to sleep to instead write response letters to him. He wrote that this would be the last letter he'd write until he was either healed up or the war with Kyritome and his nation was over. Or both. Then, he gave it back to Everest and went back to bed, falling asleep again.