• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed “The Isles of Wær” RP

Shadow was not in the best of moods as he pulled out a piece of paper and wrote a message on it to his sister JC. He didn't like the vibe coming from Korika so needed to warn her right away about the situation. He didn't want an enemy to just take the land without permission and destroy the herbs they had put so much time into growing. He rolled it up before placing it under Gertrudes belly until it was still. "Go Gertrude hurry, deliever the message to her as quickly as your wings can carry you" he told her. She hooted before fly off heading towards the location JC was stationed.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
The Lawbringers took the arrows, letting them bounce off their armour, the archers returned for from behind the Lawbringers. The Assassins started to randomly grab any cavalry who rode past their bish or tree, dragging the riders off their horses and into the foliage, a lot of the assassins were crushed beneath the horses, that fell when their riders were removed.

A small group approached Wren, waving a small white flag, the man at the lead of this group was, Daniel Kade, the head strategist from Sanctus. He made his way to Wren saying he had tricked the reinforcements into returning to Necromegalopolis and that they would no longer being coming to Bam's aid. This was true as Captain's Lightwood and Gray got back on their ship and headed back, leaving most of the men in Anima Mea.

The cavalry retreated back to the front line, although a little injured, as soon as the Lawbringers moved up in front of the archers. The Kytiromean archers continued bombarding the enemy, but were soon to run out of ammo. Immediately, Wren saw the opportunity, and he sent his own peasant troops to charge prematurely. It was a bold move, because Kytiromean military strategy traditionally began with a ranged bombardment, and then the infantry charged in, which was to prevent friendly fire. However, Wren hoped that he would catch the enemy off guard and be able to overload them with attacks. A few peasant lives didn’t matter anyway, right?

Wren saw who was at the head of the group running towards him, and asked Daniel, “Why have you betrayed your own king?”

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
( I'm back, @Mr Fishykarp )

Skeana groaned from the council room, worried about what was happening. She started to walk down some more stairs, going down to her first level of the castle. Of course, she made her way out of the castle, which was a little shocking and open to the public. She did her best to avoid all, and made her way to the docks. Ships were already loaded and ready to go. She made her way up onto the connected bridge from docks to shio, and walked upward into the captains chambers. The captain left at once, hurrying to start the ship.

Thankfully, other ships followed the ship she was in, clearly getting ready for some type of interaction. Her Island wasn't exactly that far away, clearly not going to take that long as she got closer and closer toward the ship that had been there. Maybe, just maybe. It looked like people stared in amazement at the ship near their land, Skeana and the ships landing in the back. They, of course, had their own offering as well just incase if this was a trade. It was personally gathered from the churches, from who knows where. They had a mix of Leather for clothing, and some Seed.

Skeana started to get up from the captains chambers when they had finally landed in the back docks, a little bored from the little interaction, She looked inside her cape. Her trusty weapons were there of course, so she had opened the doors, and looked at the crew members. Soldiers were below deck, ready for something, bring supplies or their weapons. Skeana made her way off the ship, into the lands. She walked around said city, but thankfully the front docks weren't that far. Walking ahead, she looked at the ship that had come so close to her homeland, and walked onto the docks, being in clear view of the ship.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Morai nodded, then helped the girl out of the throne. " Captain Nilrén, you will run this side of the island now. We will rebuilt this region for the better. First things first, get going on creating new mines at the mountains, now that we have all sides of them for ourselves. Second, little girl, I assume you have a room on your own in this castle. Nilrén and you are gonna have to share this castle together. And, seeing as you do not have a mother anymore, he may just take the place as your adoptive father. You two clear this up, I have to go and see someone right now. Farewell! " Morai said, mounting his trusty steed again and heading out of the castle. There he caught up with DawnAngel and saw her running off towards the beach. He followed her trail, as DawnAngel led him back to JC. He saw the sand beneath JC get wet, as if something dripped on it. When he got closer, he could see that it was not blood, but tears that were falling onto the ground below. Morai looked to JC, confused. " Is there something bothering you, Miss JC? "

She lowered her head back down until her mask was looked at the side as DawnAngel trouted beside her until her head was held in her right arm. " No nothing is bothering me, Lord Morai," she said as she suddenly coughed quickly placing her hand on her mouth before slowly removing it as she saw a spot of blood on her hand. She lowered her hand to cover the blood as she could not let this illness of hers get in the way of doing her leadership role. She walked passed Morai but had stopped midway. "Lord Morai, we should head back to your palace, there is something...important I must discuss with you and ask something of you that I never asked someone before except my brother...I need to ask this now before my life is taken away from me" she finished as more tears filled her eyes escaping down her cheek but continued to walk again to prevent him from seeing it again. DawnAngel started to follow after her but stopped just next to Morai neighing softly as she moved his hand to touch her nose looking eye to eye with him. In the eyes of the mare, it showed a bit of fear but bravery and also trust. The mare raised her head back up letting his hand go before looking at his stead the bear as she bowed her head to him before following JC again in a walk as she saw her grasp her hanging reins.

@DevVoid

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
The Lawbringers stood strong holding back the onslaught, the archers had run out of arrows and were now dragging incendiary barrels forward for the Lawbringers to throw, Bam stood back in the cover of trees waiting for the next move of the enemy.

Daniel looked to Wren, "Bam has neglected Sanctus for a while now, putting more training into his military than his smarts and he even moved the defensive unit from Sanctus to help out in Necromegalopolis. Now if you believe me, you should overwhelm the Lawbringers, they don't do too well if the enemy is too close, they struggle to hit extremely close enemies. Also you could just shoot a flaming arrow at those barrels they have, they are highly volatile and would cause heavy fatalities".

Wren listened closely, and then told his archers, “Do as he says.”
Soon the archers began lighting their arrows and then shooting them at the barrels, but they didn’t have many left, and ran out pretty quickly. At the same the peasants were still charging in, but now they were under orders to get nice and up close to the Lawbringers. Once the enemy ran out of arrows, the 10000 heavy pikemen ran in, flanked by the cavalry.

Once Daniel’s strategy began to work, Wren replied, “How can we thank you?”

“Willem, send messages to King Wren and the Council of Chieftains. I believe it is time we show this world our true military might, inform King Wren we wish to discuss a unified assault upon Luciferi Obumbratio, if our scouts are to be believed Kytirome has already begun to attack Anima Mea. Therefore the majority of their forces will be directed toward repelling that offensive. In the mean time we will be able to establish our first colony on their western shores and ready ourselves to attack daemonium.
In the mean time inform our Holm allies that despite the turmoil they inadvertently cause between ourselves and Kytirome that I seek an audience with their Council of Chieftains, or if they want to truly showcase their dedication to our ongoing alliance they will assist in our invasion” Mallick smiled maliciously as he watched a large portion of his forces load themselves upon huge warships ready to set sail for Luciferi Obumbratio; a deep tolling sound echoed out across the city, War bells.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bam saw the flaming arrows come hurtling down towards the barrels, he managed to say run before they hit and himself, 2 Lawbringers, an archer and 4 assassins fled into a secret tunnel leading to the Bay of Sanctus, where a small boat would be waiting, destroying the tunnel behind them they ran, Bam had lost his crown in the panic but it was too late to return. Back at the battle, it was chaos, most of the Lawbringers became overwhelmed and fell, those that didn't dropped their weapons and surrendered, the assassins that weren't killed by the incendiaries also gave in and surrendered one of them found the fallen crown and brought it forward, they assumed the worst and were offering their surrender. Daniel smirked, "there is simply one thing I desire, it is this country, I will rule under your flag, and keep any supporters of the old ways at bay." he said smiling to Wren. By this point Bam and his small group had reached the boat and were sailing to Necromegalopolis, Bam sent his crow with a message to Morai telling him what happened and that his was on his way to Necromegalopolis.

Wren’s army quickly and effectively defeated the enemy once he followed what Daniel said. The surrendering troops were told to go back to Anima Mea and were released. Wren was hoping that his mercy might be remembered. He had confiscated the crown, and once all the enemy soldiers had been dealt with, he told Daniel to kneel on on knee. Then, he said, “I hereby crown you King Daniel Kade I of Luciferi Obumbratio,” and placed the crown on his head. After that, he told Daniel, “I’ll send 5000 of my heavy pikemen and 10000 peasants with you to Anima Mea, where you will tell them that King Bam died in battle and crowned you at the battle. Then you ‘got a peace deal. Hopefully, nobody in the army at Anima Mea knows the truth, but if they do you have the soldiers from me to regain control of the nation. After that, I recommend that you travel around the nation making sure everybody follows you, but as a strategist, you probably know that. I will be taking the lands that were originally demanded and doing the same there to secure my control over them.”
The message from his allies was replied to saying that the war was all but over, but thanking them for their offer of help. Then, Wren went back to the newly Kytiromean lands, and founded a new city in them to oversee their rule, called Neve.

DevVoid

" Hm? ..Oh, uh, right away. " Morai responded, quite confused on what just happened. He turned Razor around and followed JC, leading the way back to Thanéum. Arrived infront of the fortress, he got off Razor and helped JC get off of DawnAngel aswell, having the butler servant take care of them again. " Right in here, we will discuss this in my resting chambers. " Morai told her, as he moved inside his large fortress, walking up a few stairwells into the throne room and taking the door on the left behind the throne, moving up to his resting chambers. When JC got in, he motioned her to lock the door, when suddendly a crow came into his room, sitting on the ledge of the window. " Hm? Another message? " He questioned, taking the paper from the crow. He opened up the scroll and read it, and increasingly grew silent. " ...to think that... I was implied to be an enemy from expanding my kingdom.. Heh.. Hey, Miss JC.. take a look at this. " He said, handing her the scroll which Bam wrote on about what happened to his kingdom.

Einar and Ragna got the message crystal-clear.
"It'll be a good way to test the ships, at least. There's a lot of useful data to be gained from it." Ragna said.
"Half the council is still all the way across the sea! We can't commit to a war without their imput!" Einar said. "What if they sail past our enemies on their return trip? They've got nothing to defend themselves!"
"That's not for us to worry about right now." Ragna said. "We have to prepare the raiding fleets. We might not have enough troops to support the front lines, but they'll be perfect for hitting the villages around the bay of Sanctus."
So, for the third time, Einar set off on a longship towards Soulhallow, while Ragna and the Holm Navy set sail for Luciferi Obumbratio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, off the coast of Sodroaca Ostral, Balder and Kari noticed Skeana on the docks.
"Well, they've definitely seen us. And they haven't begun shooting at us." Kari commented. "That's a good sign."
Balder nodded. "Probably the closest we'll get to permission to dock. Very well, let's see how this goes."
The longship made its way to the dock, where Balder, Kari and their guards disembarked. They regarded the woman who had been watching them, not sure exactly who she was, but could tell that she was somebody important. They bowed.
"Apologises for showing up uninvited," Balder began. "We're from the Holm Commonwealth, a nation from an island far across the sea. We were hoping to establish diplomatic relations with your great nation."
"If it isn't too much trouble," Kari continued. "Could you point us towards this Queen Skeana that we've heard so much about?"

She walked up to Morai as she grasped the scroll reading it. "What? But how can you be an enemy to your own kingdom I mean you are the king aren't you" she said as she heard another flap of wings seeing it was a barn owl. "Gertrude?" She said reaching her arm out for her to grasp. "Have you come with a message?" She asked the female Barn owl as she felt under her leg feeling the rolled up paper as she slowly pulled it out. Gertrude moved to her shoulder for the moment as she read the letter. "Morai, do you know anyone of the name of Korika, apparently he wants the unclaimed land just below Otso Beltza? Shadow my older brother said that he had suspicions that he was lying. If anything industrial is built there, it will destroy the herbs we took so much time in growing" she asked as she was now frustrated. "If a war breaks out in Otso Zuria and Beltza then that's it for Habouokami...I need to discuss a matter with you now before its too late..." She finished as she placed her hand on her head even more frustrated but also a bit irritated.

@DevVoid

DevVoid

Morai took the scroll back and tried to remember something. When he did, he grasped the scroll harder. " Korika... Korika.. that's ..I believe the brother of Wren.. the same one who just drove Bam out of his land.. " Morai said, his arms shaking from anger. " And yet, I was to be declared an enemy for expanding my kingdom... The NERVE! " He yelled, slamming the scroll on his desk. He called in a servant and gave him the scroll, ordering him to copy the content of the scroll Bam wrote, excluding the part where Bam hid out, onto multiple new scrolls and to send it to all other Kingdoms except for the Kyritome Region and the Luciferi Obumbratio Region, to warn everyone of the dangers that the Kyritome has become. He also told the messenger to include a warning from Morai, regarding that if one of the rulers of the other nations is planning against the Kyritome Kingdom, that he'd be glad to set up an alliance with them and stock up on weapons to go up in arms against the enemy. Morai was once home to a nation of savages, but this had changed and he wanted nothing more than peace among nations. Then, when the Servant left, he locked the door with the metal bar and turned to JC. " Now, let us discuss this quickly, as we need to act fast. " He said, shutting the windows of his tower.

Over in Majoráeth, soldiers and traders carrying wagons of equipment, ingots and food (primarily fish, bread, milk and beef) moved across the dirt path leading to Necromegalopolis. The soldiers encountered the civilians and the former king of Necromegalopolis and led them back to Majoráeth, leaving the group of traders alone. The traders soon arrived at Necromegalopolis, finding that Luciferi Obumbratio ships were approaching the island. The traders quickly set up shop, ready to present the welcoming gifts they brought for Bam and his troops, as they thought he had sailed to Necromegalopolis to set up a colony.

Some of the peasants were sent back to their homes from the army, and soon enough, Wren himself left Neve, leaving a general in his place to oversee the region. Upon arriving at his palace in Kyt, he saw a message from Everhollow, evidently from a while ago, saying that Holm was ready to betray them. Then he got an idea. Why deal with 2 allies when he could deal with 1? He would love it if he could just give all the islands of Holm to Everhollow. The land gifts would strengthen their alliance in terms of friendship and make their alliance stronger militarily. But he knew he couldn’t just come out and say it to Everhollow. That’s how Holm made them mad, and the situation was delicate enough already; he wouldn’t want to make Everhollow agree with Holm that he was a threat and help them defeat him, especially not with the other enemies he had already made recently. So, for now, he decided to just wait to make a move.

He also sent his musketmen who were on guard at the capital back to their general, Korika, at his new colony.

Last edited:
At this point, she knew the capital Otso Zuria and its cities are in danger. She needed to calm down as being frustrated and angry won't get her anywhere. She took a breath before speaking. "Like I said before, I made a decision...usually I don't make decisions like this right away but now is not the time to act stubborn...what I wanted to ask was..." She turned to look at Morai as she pulled out her covered katana that was at the side of her before she bent down to one knee with the tip of her katana sword touching the ground "Morai, Lord of Il'vhin ghardé, will you accept the decision of becoming an ally to Habouokami along with the capital Otso Zuria and its cities Otso Beltza, Grisa, and Etiopiarra by the permission of me, JC Wolfa, Lord of Habouokami. I ask this of you because 6 years ago I won a war with a foe but greatly lost most of my army including horses by half...if you would please led me your strength and you accept I will vow my life with this Katana that I wield to protect your life in exchange of my own.

I don't ask others for help so easily due to me having trust issues but I believe that you are the right person I can trust...I don't hand my trust to just anyone it has to be earned but the prove you showed me is more then enough to lend my trust to you" she finished keeping her head down as her mask faced the floor. Gertrude followed as she bowed her head opening her wings to follow JC. "So please...lend my your strength and in return I'll lend you mine Lord Morai" she added as she was separate at this point as she couldn't do this on her own with the numbers of her army that dropped significantly.

@DevVoid

DevVoid

" Of course, I was actually gonna ask for an alliance aswell. We have many strong troops, yes, but we rarely ever have the time or resources to patch them up again. Our islands are only good for growing simple foods like wheat, carrots or potatoes. The best thing we have are the mountain range where plenty of ore is stored inside and below the mountains. Now, we must not waste any further time. We shall get sailing to your kingdom to either drive the scourge of Kyritome out or to eradicate Korika and their troops altogether. Come, let us not dawdle any further! " Morai explained briefly, moving the barricade away and rushing out of his room. He quickly waved Vale over and walked to him. " Vale, set us up a fleet of battleships! Get 4000 Sentinels and 2000 of each Conqueror, Gunner and Hunter to load on the ships! We are going on a crusade to rid the Habouokami Region of its invaders! " He explained, to which Vale quickly ran off, seeing as his lord seemed to be in a hurry. Morai ran out of the fortress and took a right, into the camp consisting of multiple barracks. He quickly equipped his two small one-handed crossbows and got into his own suit of armour, an even larger size than that of the sentinels, with a large rectangular shield attached to the right arm's gauntlet, bearing the Il'vhin Ghardé Flag. He also took one of the sentinels' weapons with him incase he lost his broadsword; a large two-headed steel axe. He got on his steed and together, him and Razor rid off to the bay to get onto a ship.

She sent out Gertrude to message Shadow that she was on her way back with an ally as she ran after Morai. DawnAngel galloped beside her as she got on her back as she shook her reins to go faster. She nieghed as she galloped faster catching up with Razor towards the ship. She placed her katana back at the side of her before focusing what was ahead of her. "I sent a message to Shadow about me coming back and the situation that is going to happen at Habouokami we should hurry before its too late. Shadow will wait at the habor wearing the same mask as me but black with gold streaks" she reminded him.

Shadow got the message from JC with Gertrude as he quickly ordered the soldiers to get ready for battle if that would be the case in the end. He could see the archer warriors in the shadows of the trees already knowing about the situation. He got on his black mare Midnight's back before riding off to the habor of Habouokami.

@DevVoid

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Bam and his group finally reached safe land, they go off the boat, greeted by Captain's Lightwood and Gray as well as Medic Griffin who started to tend to his small group, "Are you all that made it?" Cpt.Gray asked, Bam nodded, wincing slightly, he had burnt the right side of his face severely, he moved past the people and made his way to the castle, motioning for his small group and the Captain's to come with him, once inside he turned, "Captain Gray, I want you to be the stand in leader as most people believe me to be dead, I will be your advisor he said, taking a blank white face mask he had discovered on the boat and placing it on his face before raising his hood, "the group of you who came with me, I want you to spread the word around this island about what happened, but do not tell them about me" Bam then turned heading to a room that he had now claimed. Ariah sat down on a window ledge, "damn, can you believe it, betrayed by a bloody strategist", Morana shook her head slowly before sitting next to Ariah, the two just sat there thinking things over.

DevVoid

" Alright, let's go. SOLDIERS, RALLY UP AND ENTER THE SHIPS! " Morai yelled out as the soldiers first got into the ships, and held back JC to enter until all but one ship was left. He entered the ship with Razor and led JC into the ship. A square board of oak of the ship was lowered, as it was revealed to be an entrance to a hidden third compartment below the second layer beneath the deck. The third hidden compartment was accesible via the wooden panel and a hatch in the second compartment. This third compartment was very eloquently designed, matching the interior of bedroom befitting a royalty. " This is my personal battleship. This third compartment can be used as a hideout usually for me and my generals if we were to move somewhere for a meeting, or in the rare case to be needing to move out of the lands. " He explained, as the wooden panel was pulled back up when the both of them entered. The ship sailed away, staying behind the others in a group, making it look like any other regular ship, as usually one would expect a king to be on the front line of any ship. " We shouldnt take long, if the winds are in our favour. Make yourself comfortable while you're here. Not like we can go anywhere now. " He said, getting off of Razor. He sat down in a chair made of cow leather filled with cotton, painted a crimson red. He awaited until the ship arrived, taking off his armour aswell and putting it on a bed aside the chair.

“The last of our surveyor Corp has returned from Soulmine my king, the head Surveyor wishes to speak with you.” Lord Brackelm said as he continued to read over the various surveyors reports regarding the islands
“Very well bring him in” Mallick say atop his throne in the main hall, his newly refitted crown sat perched neatly upon his head. The lone surveyor entered the throne room, bowing deeply before lowering himself to his knees before the king, as mandated by Hallowian tradition given the surveyors low social class.
“My King, I come to seek your blessing to vacate my duties to the kingdom...” the man spoke quietly and carefully
“Upon what grounds would I allow myself to lose my greatest surveyor?” Mallick questioned as his interest was suddenly peaked by the unusual request
“It is for selfish reasons my king, while I was in Soulmine my wife...*sniffle* she passed... I need to vacate my duties in order to care for my children. They need me, my father has a plot of farmland on the western coast. He grows increasing weakened by age, I will tend to the fields and care for them all. Please your majesty I cannot let my family starve” The man broke into tears and begun sobbing uncontrollably
“The western coast? To which lordling does your father swear?” Unaffected by the mans crying Mallick continued to speak as normal
“He resides in the holdlands of Elatorn Brother of Elkor, Lord of Soulmine”
“Brackelm, is it not so that Elatorn has now taken lordship of his brothers former lands as well” he turned and asked his advisor who had been listening to the exchange from a small chair to the kings right
“Indeed my king, Elatorn’s holdings stretch a sprawling expanse now”
“Brackelm inform Elatorn that lands surrounding this man’s farms for 3 miles are no longer his holdings, and that he is to send 100 men to erect a keep in the vicinity of the farm. You, surveyor speak your name”
“It is Jorah my king” the man had managed to cease his sobbing and now stared at the king with a confused look upon his face
“Very well, Jorah for your services to the Kingdom I hereby name you Lordling Jorah and grant you lands surrounding your fathers farm to do with as you wish. Your children and father will be cared for by servants in your keep upon your return...”
“Return?... my king?” The wide smile of the new lordling became marked with confusion at the final word of the address.
“Yes return, I do no grant you my blessing to vacate your duties. You’re skills are much too valuable to the Nation for me to allow us to part with them this way”
“Yes my king, where is my next assignment?”
“You are to sail from Soulport immediately to Soulmine, from there take 150 colonists, the same of builders and a mixed guard of 200. I want you to settle lands on the northern island of the archipelago, I believe you will find that the Kytiromean have already established a colony.”
Lord Jorah rose from his knees, bowed once more and exited the hall his eyes still wet from crying.
“Squire! Summon Scorpius, I wish to speak with him before his departure for Luciferi Obumbratio“
“Yes my king” the squire stepped forward, gave a small bow then raced off in search of Lord Scorpius
When Scorpius finally arrived in the great hall a large oak table had been brought in with a large map stretched over it, depicting the entirety of the archipelago, small lines having been drawn upon it from Soulport to the Northern island via Soulmine and from the soul hollow strait directly to the coast of Luciferi Obumbratio.
“You summoned me my king”
“Ah yes Scorpius, we need to finalize the plans for the invasion. Our scouts have said that this area here on the western coast of Luciferi Obumbratio should prove favorable as our base of operations for the assault towards Daemonium, it is still unclear if the Holm will be assisting to keep an eye out for their longships. After landing here you should be able to set up a basic boundary using this river to bottle neck their forces to this relatively defensible land-bridge.”
“Very well my king I shall depart at once”
“May greatness guide your way” Mallick has grown better at the king’s blessing but the words still felt empty as he spoke them
“Unbeaten, Unbroken, Unaided” Scorpius replied a traditional Hallowian military cry and motto gained by the fact that their islands had never been overtaken by a foreign power.

HfOHYut.jpg

(The two random blobs off the east coast are the naval forts I mentioned in an earlier post)

She got off DawnAngel as she patted her neck before seeing her laid down to not weigh the ship that much. Everest perched on Dawn's saddle resting her legs as she seemed to close her eyes. She realized that she still had her light armor on. She removed all of them at once until her ninja like outfit only seemed to be visible. She placed her armor just next to DawnAngel before sitting down leaning against her. She flinched slightly placing a hand on her shoulder that was bandaged as blood seemed to stain the bandages a bit. It was an injury that she received a long time ago which was taking longer to heal even with the medical herbs covered on it. She pulled out a sketch pad before opening it revealing sketches of herbs but also horse armor as a small flat bundle of herbs was tied together inside. She grasped the medical herbs with her hand before looking out the window feeling the wind come through a bit. "The winds changed a bit...we should be careful" she advised before focusing back on the medical herbs she was holding as she started to make a formula to be able to make the herb into liquid form.

@DevVoid

Einar arrived at Mallick's throne room, right after Scorpius departed. He bowed.
"King Mallick. It's, uh, me again." He said. "We received your message. The Holm Commonwealth will stand beside our allies. Already, Chieftain Ragna and the navy have sailed to the Bay of Sanctus, where we hope to disrupt enemy supply and distract their main forces."
While he was tempted to make another case for Kytirome being untrustworthy, he definitely didn't want to give Mallick any more reason to consider Holm untrustworthy. Assured that he'd notified Mallick of Holm's assistance in the war, he saw himself out of the throne room.

Meanwhile, in the Bay of Sanctus, Ragna's flagship anchored itself. The longships formed into three raiding parties, each containing five ships. Each sailed out to the coast at different points, and the raids began. As a raiding party landed, they'd exit the ships, quickly catch any local defences off guard, loot as much as possible, and then return to the ships. Then, when the enemy inevitably gave chase, they'd use the smaller, faster longships to outrun them and escape.

DevVoid

" Ah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. " Morai stated as the ship swayed from left to right, but remained on its path. The ships were headed quickly toward Habouokami, as its sails were lucky enough to have the wind somewhat blow them towards their destination. The large fleet of ships sailed past the islands of Korika and Heild, right toward the new spot of land that Korika had unrightfully stolen from the Habouokami Region. Morai listened up, hearing the first ships dock and the troops gather onto the land. " It's Showtime. Prepare yourself, Ms. JC. " He spoke, as he put on his armour, got his equipment ready and holstered, then got atop of Razor, his trusty war steed. As the wooden panel was lowered from Morai's ship, the third compartment was revealed, and Morai rid out, going to the front line of the gathered army. He had taken out a type of horn made out of an elephant's tusks and looked on, seeing if the enemy was maybe ready to give up the lands peacefully instead of trying to resist eradication.

The traders approached Bam and his generals, holding onto the carriages behind them with the welcoming gifts. " Ah, your highne- huh? If I may be so bold to ask, where has thyne crown gone? Was your region raided before you got here? " A trader asked, confusedly. But, he quickly shook his head, as this was not of importance. " ...eh anyhow, Overlord Morai has sent us to bring you welcoming gifts, gracious as he is! These loads contain some provisions of bread, milk, beef and fish, some ores and some equipment for your troops! These are but a small load of what we can gather, as we do own the entire main island now! " The trader said, proudly. " Please, take what you need, it is all yours! "

She placed her armor back on her before putting the stuff away safety. She got on DawnAngel's back before escorting her out of the ship. "I am already prepared for this Morai so no need to worry about that" she answered as she seemed to follow him as she had prepared for this for a very long time. She would only use the archer warriors that hide in the shadow's but kept alert with her surroundings. DawnAngel nieghed a bit kicking the ground with her hoof as she stood next to Morai turning DawnAngel around. "Since I am the Lord of this country I'll explain for the moment, just before the unclaimed land below Otso Beltza are Otso's mountains so maybe you could use that to your advantage but as for me I'll go up higher ground and see how big it actually is and report back to you all on the information. Morai, once I see how that army is you can proceed to lead and attack them and once you do that I'll make sure the leader responsible has my blade against his throat before he ever saw it coming but also please be careful of the trees and crops here they will glow green for your guidience. Shadow will come join you in a few, he will be riding a black mare horse" she advised before turning DawnAngel back around. "I leave the rest to you Morai" she said before DawnAngel galloped off into the forests terrain.

@DevVoid

Korika had gotten news of the approaching enemy, and had managed to get one of his eight galleys out to go get help from the nearest other Kytiromean holding, his own city of Korika, but he doubted it would arrive in time. He had built two thick wooden walls around the city, in hopes of holding out against the onslaught longer. He had also built two smaller wooden walls nearby between two huge hills where he wanted the enemy to funnel through.

He wasn’t sure what had provoked this attack though; the way he saw it, they had done nothing but take unclaimed land an entire mountain range away from the nearest civilization. How and why would their tiny trade post affect the crops of Habouokami? They had followed through with their promise so far. The city didn’t have any real industry there, because there were no resources on the barren frozen cold islands. All it was good for was trade.

Either way, he sent his 2000 musketmen and 2000 pikemen to the valley between the hills/walls to hold it in case they came by (and retreat only when given the order). It was set up so that the front line was composed of 2 lines of 1000 muskets which would fire straight ahead at the enemy, and retreat behind the pikes when they needed to reload. Meanwhile, he sent his cavalry in 2 groups of 500 to go pick off small groups of people on the edges of their formations with spears (and run away if they have to to avoid getting injured themselves).

Korika had also had his men craft bows and arrows and store them in between the two walls of Iremini Boreas so that when they had to retreat from the valley between the hills to the first wall of the city, they could pick up the ranged weapons and defend the wall, and then retreat with them to the second wall, and then, after the second wall is breached, they would just use their normal weapons to defend the city itself.

DevVoid

Morai nodded to JC and put on his helmet. He made the hand signal for his troops to hold position as he walked farther into the land, trying to spot any enemy troops. He could see large wooden walls in the distance, possibly bordering the city as protection. He couldn't tell whether or not the walls were multi-layered or if it was just the one, but this was the perfect opportunity to use one of the latest inventions stolen from a blueprint on a larger pirate ship, with nearly 250 pirates aboard. Morai walked back to his troops, and took out his broadsword. " Sentinels! Line up and catch any incoming projectiles or enemies! Everyone else, return to the ships, and take out the ceramic inferno bombs! We got ourselves a test site! " He ordered, as the Conquerors, Hunters and Gunners returned to their ships. Shortly after, they came back with torches and over hundreds of small hand-sized ceramic orbs, a small piece of flammable rope pointing out from a hole in them. " Aim... AIM... " Morai told, as the Gunners and Hunters marched forward after having their ceramic bombs be lit up by the torches held by the Conquerors. " FIRE! " Morai said, pointing with the tip of his broadsword's blade at the wooden walls. The Gunners and Hunters took a running charge, tossing the ceramic greek fire bombs with all they've got. The multiple ceramic bombs flew through the air, the small pieces of rope inside them burning more and more. They clashed and burst upon the wooden walls guarding the trading post, catching it ablaze. Morai turned to his Hunters and the few gunners who still used Crossbows/Bows. " Get the flame arrows here! " He commanded to the group. They quickly ran back to the ship, taking out a few barrels filled with oil, which were usually used as bombs. They opened up a few and dipped their arrows inside the oil. Then, they closed them up again, taking aim, this time going into the city itself. " AIM! AAIIIMM! FIRE! " Morai commanded, as the Conquerors lit the arrows quickly. Then, a swarm of arrows whistled through the sky, raining down onto the City of Korika's.

Then, Morai waved to his men, sending 3000 of the Sentinels to spread out across the land and combat any enemy attempting to near the ships. 1000 of each Gunner, Hunter and Conqueror went with the sentinels, to assist them in the battles. The 1000 remaining Conquerors set their torches into the ground and charged at the city gates, trying to cut off any other troops marching out, if there were any coming out, or if not to atleast flank the ones who were already fighting outside the city by hitting them from the back. The other 1000 Hunters and Gunners remained firing, half firing at the city and half firing at the enemies only the Sentinels were fighting, as Sentinels would be not much damaged by their arrows should friendly fire occur. Morai himself remained on Razor, held the two-headed axe up high into the air and blew on the horn, declaring war. Then, he rid into battle, horn put away, yelling a battlecry, joining a nearby group of Sentinels, fending off Cavalry.

(Also I checked, Greek Fire was invented in the 7th Century, so it would be likely for pirates to have them in their arsenal, or to atleast trade them around for a good sum of coins, as pirates do. And, considering the rivalry Morai has to them for taking out his eye..)

Last edited:
She reached a high point in the forest until a perfect view was placed. She could see the wooden wall built there but saw it blasted by bombs. She could see the cities though and saw nothing industrial that could harm the herbs but she had to be cautious about this. She went back down on DawnAngel before heading back towards Morai's army.

Shadow, on the other hand, was on Midnight going to the exploding sound. Midnight leaped over a huge gap before reaching an army that seemed to be attacking Korai's city. "Are you the ally my sister asked you for your strength" he asked as he was wearing the same mask as JC but black and gold streaked. Midnight nieghed a bit kicking the ground with her as she moved back and forth frequently being eager as DawnAngel was more relaxed then her.

@DevVoid

The message from Wren outlining the puppet government had somehow been temporarily misplaced by a junior rookery attendant, when the matter was finally brought to Mallick’s attention he was furious
“How could you lose such a crucial piece of allied information!? Imagine the waste of time, men and resources if we had proceeded with the invasion as planned!”
“The boy has already been disciplined and expelled from the order my King, errors such as this will never happen again” Willem replied calmly, the king completely ignored the comment taking a deep breath to “Redirect two galleys to Soulmine and another 3 to follow Lord Jorah’s journey to the Northern island. We will need to further bolster our outpost defenses, the sooner we can establish a strong stable presence on the islands the better.”
“It shall be done my King”

~~~Soul-mine~~~

Elkor stood in the main market square Of Soul-mine’s port wandering the expanding city, the dull ringing of smith’s hammers and the occasional thud of hardened logs and thick stone slabs being pushed together and set with mortar.
“My Lord the two coastal guard towers have been fully completed and manned, we have already scattered additional ship spikes and sand banks in the bay. There is now only way safe route through the mouth, small runabout ships will be stationed off the coast when trading ships approach they will sail out to meet them and guide them through the passage. It also means that should an invaders attempt to attack they risk run themselves aground or damage their ships on approach if they do not slow down, making them much easier targets.”
“Very good, and how are the defenses coming along for the bastion?” Elkor refuses to have a repeat of the Kytirome incident dp was devoting a large amount of time and resources to fortifying the island
“The outer wall is still incomplete but the moat has been dug and is ready to be filled. The inner walls and defenses are growing day by day, our gatehouse’s are off set by a quart of the keeps perimeter. Any invaders would be hard pressed to take the castle by force my lord”
“Perfect” Elkor smiles as he wandered his way back to the main keep of the port

Although the walls around them were burning down, the well-trained musketmen of the best general in all of Kytirome held disciplined in formation, and took their first shots at the enemy when they were in front of them, 2000 bullets flew straight across the battlefield, many hitting their targets. Once they had released their first shots, they retreated back to the second wall, and then they tried to continue reloading their muskets and firing out of line on the wall, but the method is much more inaccurate and less likely to hit the enemy.
On the other hand, the pikemen began marching up to meet the enemy lines, and the horses began using their swords to charge at the wings of the enemy formation.

DevVoid

Morai moved Razor back when he could hear shots being fired from the city, watching as the projectiles hit his men. Since the sentinels took up so much space from their height and armour, their armour deflected a good portion of the musket rounds, but regardless, a portion of Conquerors and Gunners were still hit and either fell to the ground injured or backed away from the battle, deciding to return fire. Morai moved to Shadow and looked to him. " Yes we are. We'd be happy to gain your assistance with this battle. There are enemies in the city firing their muskets at us. If you find a way to deal with them, we could raid the city. " He explained as he charged back into battle, taking upon cutting Riders down from their horses. The remaining Hunters fled to an advantage point up in the air, be it to a nearby tree, into a forest, or onto a large rock, and shot at the pikemen and horses from high up. The Gunners moved back, half of those that fired at the city now moved up to the other half and all the gunners now shot at the pikemen and the horses coming at them, trying to shoot them down before they could get any closer. The Conquerors remained fighting and stormed forward, most fighting on out of sheer willpower despite their injuries, striking and blocking relentlessly. The Sentinels spread out more, as 1000 of them began marching to the city to take down the musketmen. They were slow, sure, but their armour could easily guard against the projectiles the musketmen fired out, even if it dented it a bit.

The pikemen efficiently jabbed at the enemies charging at them, keeping them at a distance so that they themselves couldn’t be hit. However, when the sentinels began moving in on the city, the
last of the horses charged at the Conquerors to distract them from the pikes, whose armor was easily deflecting the enemy’s bullets. Then, the pikes quickly marched in formation back to the city to be the only thing standing between the Sentinels and the musketmen. Korika himself exited the city walls on a horse, and using his longsword, he signaled for the pikemen to charge in at the sentinels: one rival against another, one heavy against another.

Korika, however, had a very different plan. He wanted to kill Morai or die trying.
How dare he attack my people unprovoked! And he says he isn’t a threat! He is by far twice as strong as we are, both at this battle and in general.” Korika thought, before charging in to face death. His horse was the fastest in the army, and it flew past the enemy and his own soldiers alike; he was headed straight for his cavalry (not even bothering to cut down enemy soldiers on the way), one of whom was just about to cut down by the king on a bear. Korika shouted, “Move out of the way!” At the horseman and with his sword he deftly parried the attack, then sliced down at Morai.

Shadow saw the leader of the army strike down at Morai. "Morai look out!" he shouted as he was in a bit of a distance to protect him but at that moment he saw a familiar horse leap in mid-air before their swords collided as the mare's front legs touched the ground seeing her stand up on her hind legs. "JC!" he shouted relieved that his sister came just in time to protect Morai. She pulled out her katana just in time to stop Korika's sword from touching Morai as DawnAngel was on her hind legs with her front legs folded against her. "You have to go through me to get to Morai, the Lord of Hàbouokami!" she said as she pushed his sword back with her own as DawnAngel went back on all four. "How dare you claim land without my permission! I did not approve of this! The nerve of you taking an unclaimed land below Otso Beltza without my approval of it!" she said sternly. "You want to die that badly I can make that request with no problem Korika but be warned I am the most skilled warrior in my army including my horse so don't think I will go easy on you!" she advised. "If you also want speed I can grant that as well because my horse was born with a speed that you can't surpass! My blade will reach your neck before you even have the chance to realize it's there!" she finished as DawnAngel neighed loudly as her eyes showed determination as she kicked the ground hard with her hoof. Shadow took the time to stand next to Morai with his katana in his hand a Midnight neighed. "My sister never fails to save at least one life," he said.

@DevVoid @Pokéboy098

DevVoid

The Conquerors, injured as they are, still attempted to chase the Pikemen. Some fell to the ground, bleeding out. Some caught up to some pikemen and stabbed them in the back, but most were chasing them down. When the pikemen tried to block the way of the Sentinels, the Conquerors attacked the pikemen from both sides in a pincer attack, mowing them down as the spears of the pikemen couldn't reach the Conquerors who were attacking from the sides. Ontop of that, the Sentinels simply stood idle and guarded with their weapons against the stabs of the pikes, attempting to instead cut down the blades by chopping at the wood of the spears. The Gunners took upon the same strategy of the Hunters and hid in the trees, firing at Cavalry, Pikemen and just about any other enemy troop from the higher point.

Morai quickly backed Razor away, just as JC came into play to block the slash. Razor hopped around Dawnangel, moving to the sides of Korika's steed. While Razor attempted to bite at the horse's legs and tear it off, while Morai swung his axe down, in an attempt to decapitate Korika's horse to get an advantage. Morai could afford himself to get hit thanks to his armour, but in exchange his swings were slowed down from the weight of it.

(The pike staffs are made of metal. Also, they have blades, which means they are built for both close and far away combat. See attached image.)

The remaining pikemen, battered from both sides, broke their formation, dropped their pikes in order to run faster, and got back behind the last wall, while the musketmen provided cover fire with the last of their bullets. With the enemy being much closer to the wall, the muskets had more accuracy and power (perhaps even enough to penetrate armor).

Meanwhile, the cavalry would not run, but fight valiantly until the end.

At the same time, the uncoordinated attacks from both the bear and its rider interfered with each other. The horse kicked the bear in the face with its powerful legs, and when it did that (not on purpose, it hadn’t even see the axe coming) it pushed itself to the left of the axe, which just barely ended up grazing its side. The horse was very frightened by the attack on both sides, however, and it ran off, leaving Korika alone to fight the three leaders of the enemy army, and their steeds/bear.

Korika quickly snapped at the enemy, “Why can’t you see that we aren’t a threat? Your very allies are destroying us, and although partially because we are greatly outnumbered, our weapons are barely able to break through their seemingly impenetrable armor. Not to mention they still own more land than we do, and they convinced you to attack us without provocation, yet claim that they seek only peace. They even have explosive weapons nobody else could begin to imagine how to make! Shadow himself said that we could settle here if we didn’t build anything industrial, and we haven’t (yet he thought to himself). And who are you to tell us we can’t settle on unclaimed land across a whole mountain range from your nearest little herb farm!?”

Korika was so frustrated that he went straight for the kill on the majestic bear which his horse had kicked, moving his sword to stab it in the neck. Not only was this sword unlikely to kill the beast (although the bleeding from its neck might), but it left him open to be hit by other attacks, and even more importantly, if he did kill the beast, it would only anger the king of the most powerful nation in the known world.

Attachments

• 1DC58A1D-76CA-4425-96D0-619CB06810AC.jpeg
    1DC58A1D-76CA-4425-96D0-619CB06810AC.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 33

DevVoid

The Sentinels, seeing as the way was free, moved on inbetween the city walls. The Conquerors, who were closer to the gates, were infront of them, and thus had received all the bullets fired from the musketmen. This was the last moment for them and 85% of them slumped to the ground, dead. However, this only enraged the remaining 15% of Conquerors and all of the Sentinels, causing them to rush into the city and inbetween the two walls, brutally swinging their weaponry at the enemies' vital spots to finish them off swiftly.

Razor stumbled back from the kick a few steps. The helmet on him had given him some protection, though it had also been dented and had given him quite some damage to the head and a concussion, the bear stood up and roared loudly as the horse ran away, causing Korika's attack for the neck to hit the bear's torso instead. This just made Razor angrier and he slapped Korika's hand that was holding onto the sword, knocking the sword out of his grasp, into the air. Then the bear moved its body down onto Korika, attempting to pin him down with his bodyweight to maul him afterwards.

Morai fell out of his seat as soon as Razor begun standing up and roaring. Briefly he was immobilized as the armour, despite the height of his fall, had given him quite the back pain from landing with it on the hard earthen floor. He got up slowly, since his armour and weaponry was weighing him down heavily, and saw Korika attempt to attack Razor's neck, which was a slash at his torso since the bear stood up in rage. Morai moved around Korika, taking out a small one-handed crossbow loaded with metal bolts from his belt. He fired a bolt at Korika's ankle, trying to make him more immobile so that Razor could get revenge. " Simple. Despite being denied permission, you were still up to taking this part of the land from them. Your nation itself has been showing signs of aggression recently.. what with kicking out Bam from his own land.. your only desire is to expand your land in the means of greed and hope of safety. Now look where your desire has gotten you. I, personally, had given you a chance to flee. You should have known that you were unable to compete against us. That moment we rallied by the beach was the moment you could've taken to return to Kyritome. Yet, you remained and fought, for a city you uselessly built. "

Last edited:
Shadow spoke first to defend himself. "I did not say that you could take the unclaimed land! I said you had to wait until the Lord returns to give permission to have the in claim land but apparently you didn't hear me clearly!"he said.

She guided DawnAngel to Razor seeing Morai come off his back rolling on the ground hard but had seen him pull out a crossbow to try and immobilized Korika for Razor to get his revenge on him. She turned DawnAngel around again going over to Morai using her body to protect him as her armor would do the trick for him as she nieghed. She leaped off his back as she landed on the ground just next to Morai. "You alright?" She asked pulling out her bow and arrow. "I see what you are trying to do, I have a better accuracy skill at this" she said as she pulled her bow string back and let go of the arrow before it pierced Korika's ankle right on point. "Gotcha" she said lowering her bow. "That should make it easier for Razor but in the mean time I'll close in on his neck with my blade before he even notices. Use DawnAngel if you need to to get back to Razor" she offered as in a shift movement she was gone no longer on Morai's side as she was at Korika's neck with her katana blade. "Move one more inch and your head will be cut clean! You can't run either since I pierced an arrow in your ankle and let me tell you that bear is hungry for your flesh! If you would have waited until I returned you could have gotten this unclaimed land without a problem but with proof of course" she said stern but cold. "Since I am a very understanding person I'll let you decide on what you want to do but if you fight with me your head will be off your body before you even have a chance to speak again!" She finished.

@Pokéboy098 @DevVoid

The remaining soldiers tried as hard as they could to escort their compatriots and the few citizens of the town onto the eight galleys. Meanwhile, virtually all of the cavalry had been killed, and the walls were burning down.

Korika knew this might be the last moments he had. He even gave up struggling. So, he said, “Can’t you see how barbaric your ‘allies’ are? Even when they have me unarmed on the ground, they will let a wild beast murder me violently? This so-called king isn’t even going to give me a quick death, or capture me for a ransom. And WHO ARE YOU to give us permission to claim land? Kytirome will remember this.”
With those last words, he used his last bit of strength to grab a knife from his belt and stab the bear as many times as he could.

She had enough as she used her leg to knock the knife out of his hand as she threw her katana up in the air before kicking him back hard away from Razor. She caught the handle of her blade before slicing at his chest but not enough to kill him just to weak him a bit more. "This unclaimed land is basically on Hàbouokmai country so don't think you can TELL ME that I can't decide permission on giving an unclaimed land to someone!" She said stern before kicking him down to the ground and stabbed her katana right through his shoulder to the ground where he can't move. "So what if my allies are barbaric, they are doing what's right and its not my fault that your allies decided to attack one of their countries killing innocent lives and that despises me! Innocent lives should 't be involved in a war like this! I needed the help and I got it so DON'T tell me that my allies are barbaric since you were acting reckless and not thinking straight because a lot of frustration leads to wrong decisions and recklessness causing you to lose your allies much faster. You failed to think out a strategy before head to counter your foes so DON'T blame us for this!"she finished as she placed her hand at the handle pushing further down into his shoulder. "I am so irritated with you right now that its disgusting and you call yourself a leader without a plan in hand!" She finished.

@Pokéboy098 @DevVoid