• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Insane Asylum (Updated 12-29-08)

Hey, it's a Mr. T sticker. That makes it cool right there. ;)

Issue 72 - The Alpha Mail

hhappyist72.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
this is quite possibly the only comic i have found worthy of reading from beginning to end in my entire life. CHEERS! it is far above the level at which i would normally read the entire series.

and i wonder why Mr. Saturn didn't get any bills?

and can i use that banner-thingy in your sig?

Haha, thanks, man. To answer your questions:
1. Eh, not everyone gets bills every day. And hey, what exactly would Mr. Saturn be getting bills for? :p
2. Sure, provided it links here or to the comic's website, and also provided you don't give people the impression you're the author. :D

Haha, thanks, man. To answer your questions:
1. Eh, not everyone gets bills every day. And hey, what exactly would Mr. Saturn be getting bills for? :p
2. Sure, provided it links here or to the comic's website, and also provided you don't give people the impression you're the author. :D

1. almost everyone, and if mr. saturn has a mailbox he must get bills at some point.
2. i don't steal art >_> it's not worth it, and it's not right. (could you pm me the code for it to link, and all that jazz?)

1. almost everyone, and if mr. saturn has a mailbox he must get bills at some point.
2. i don't steal art >_> it's not worth it, and it's not right. (could you pm me the code for it to link, and all that jazz?)

1. Okay, so he just didn't get bills that day. *shrugs*
2. Fair enough. I still gotta ask, you know how it is. :p For the code:
Code:
[url=http://www.pokecharms.com/Comics/TheInsaneAsylum/][img]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1448/userbartiawp1.png[/img]

Wow. This stuff is amazing.

I liked the whole 'Comic/Game' arc of these comics. I mean, who would suspect that Kirby had the powers all along? And the Blue sorceress is great. She managed to make a fool out of Blue using common sense.

Can't wait for even more additions. XD

*Marx ftw.*

00wolf: Thanks. ^^

Sonjo: Glad you like it. And, heh, I was really proud of the way that arc resolved. I happened to bounce the idea that Kirby was the real end boss off a friend of mine beforehand, and he just looked at me and said that that would be such a jerk thing to do. So I guess I did all right. :D

Issue 73 - Win, Lose, or Kaboom

hhappyist73.PNG

niiiiiiiiiice. all i have to say about that. and new comic ftw xD

remember, i WILL be AM living off of this comic during the summer.

You know, I recently read through the archives and thought that you are pretty damn awesome at making these comics. There wasn't a comic that I found boring, which is the case sometimes with other comics, like Questionable Content (if I don't get a music reference), VGCats (if I haven't played the game he makes fun of) or 8-Bit Theatre (because they talk too damn much). You've a VERY entertaining comic going on here, which I assume makes you a VERY entertaining person to talk to.

But I've wondered exactly what was played on in this comic. When does Blue ever execute his abilities as a Blue Mage?

Come to think of it, Blue Mages are weird. They're like what Kirby would be if Kirby was a masochist.

Tpl: I'll try to keep up the pace. For your sake. :p

Ozzy: Thanks for the compliments, man. And the basis for this comic is that Blue is officially a Blue Mage - that's what his sprites are for, that's where his name comes from, and so on - but that he never actually uses the abilities. My comic gets compared to 8-Bit Theater a lot for obvious reasons, so I figured having Blue use Blue Mage abilities would just draw more comparisons of the type. *shrug*

niiiice. i was wondering if they'd ever visit future-blue again.

(yeah, i'm still checking it, and yes, it's still AWESOME!)

brilliant =D

now, i wonder why blue isn't using his amazingly-uber blue mage abilities...*refers to a few pages back* oh. yeah. that's why. then, why isn't blue using his writer powers?....*refers to a few further pages back* oh, yeah. i forgot about that, too >_

And if you ever have any more questions like that, just remember: a wizard did it. ;)

Issue 78: 2 Years - Say Cheese

hhappyist78sh2.png

The 2 year anniversary of the comic is this Wednesday, so I've done a little something special. Cheers!

I lol'd at the "We thought you said TIRE" part. Classic. I like how you use big words, yet still make the comic easily readable.

'At will' was stinking hilarious. xD I'm still chuckling at that one.

i personally lol'd at the last panel ^^ and these comics are pwnage, keep up the good work ^^

and *gasp* we finally get the see the female mage's name 0.0

Artiste: Thanks, dude. If you didn't notice, I really, really dig wordplay. P:

Nachoman: That's certainly a compliment. ^^ Thanks.

Tori: It's worked for me so far. :p

Myouki: I guess it doesn't matter now - the whole ban thing - but you're actually the first person to comment on that.

80: Marker? I Barely Know 'Er

hhappyist80.PNG

I meant to reply earlier, but anyway!

Sure we see the female mage's name, but there's one more mystery person... jeez.
Tires... Fire... heh heh.

AL
BTW, love the Mortal Combat thing.

I agree. Great one, TBA! I almost fell off my chair, as well. xD The whole thing was rather funny.

On another forum, I would say, 'ROFL'. xD

Once more, hilarious. But what did Saturn say in that second-to-last panel?

I think it says, "Why shouldn't I? You chose to draw on the most unhinged individual in a 50 mile radius!"
Thanx fro clearing that up. ... Whads it mean?

AL has Spoken

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I think it says, "Why shouldn't I? You chose to draw on the most unhinged individual in a 50 mile radius!"

I think the last two panels were hilarious! I wonder what Marx will do.....

AC: It means that Kirby drew on the most insane, screwed-up guy for 50 miles.

Issue 83 - This Is A Good Title

hhappyist83.PNG