• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Hotel

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"My room is also on the 6th floor." Santiago said to both the police officer and John, at the same time. "My last whereabouts were at my room. I was working here with my client. He was taking me for some kind of group meetup near the pool. I was on my way, when I saw him approaching this room. His name is William Watterson. There is something suspicious about him. He should be checking out from his room any minute now."

Despite the situation, she cracked a tiny smile.
"Vee. Here for a break, because I assumed a road trip would be less stressful than work. I was.. wrong." Her voice seemed to crack a hint at the last part, showing her obvious desperation to just go back to work. Sure, it was stressful, but not nearly as stressful as a goddamn murder. She continued to fiddle with the thin strap that clung to her shoulder. Seemingly, a habit out of anxiety.

Troy looked at her to say something, and closed his mouth, looking forward again as his face turned red. "Um... another... question." He began. "Do you... do you plan on wearing that... all night? Or... would you like a moment to change? Unless you're returning to the hot tub?" His voice quivered a little out of nervousness as they continued, putting plenty of distance between themselves and the crime.

Her face flared red. Shit.
"Oh- God- Sorry-! It wasn't very... high up on my priority list." She took a glance back at the scene. "I'll- be right back-" she let out an awkward chuckle, heading left in the hallway towards her room, where she swiftly changed into what she was wearing earlier. And while she was alone, she flopped onto her bed with a groan.
A murder. Of all things! Not a dumb little teen playing tricks, or a confused old man mistaking her for his daughter (both of which had actually happened and were appropriately amusing), but a murder.

"It's quite alright. Take your time." He replied as she hurried off. He followed, looking back in at the crime scene before stopping outside of her room, and leaning against the wall, shoving his hands into his pockets as he eyed the room where the murder had occurred down the hall. Who was it that had found the body? A maid? He pondered on this thought.
Why was no one questioning the maid?

For some reason, Santiago's client came marching past with a load of bags. He didn't seem that bothered by the murder and was whistling a strange tune. He began to sang, before he realised where he was.

"The worst criminal I know..." The client sang. "The worst villain i've seen...He is known for deciet and wickedness and terrible crimes...I'm talking about the villain Robbie Rotten, and Robbie Rotten is exactly who I am...But now, I am Richy Rich, with the right disguise, i'm all smiles, jolly and joyful, I want to solve everybody's problems. By being charming, I can lie about anything...Gentle and cool, people trust me because I am a gentleman...He only has one thing on his mind...Because he is the criminal Robbie Rotten, and Robbie Rotten is exactly who I am! Now, I'm Richy Rich, and I want to try to help you...now, the scoundrel Robbie Rotten, and Robbie Rotten is exactly who I am...Now, I'm Richy Rich, and I want to be your best friend...Fortune always follows me closely, here I am! Here I am!" The client sang, getting even louder and louder.

Santiago pushed past the people and ran after the client.

Vee rushed back, muttering her apologies.
"Still can't believe this." she murmured, rubbing her eyes. She was getting weary, but she certainly didn't want to go to her room alone. She'd rather go on throughout the night tired than without company. She studied Troy's face for a moment when she got back. He looked.. very deep in thought. Like something didn't add up.
"Hey. You.. you alright?" she asked softly, feeling like an idiot as soon as the words left her mouth.
Yes, Vee, of course he's fine. Who wouldn't be after a murder?
UGHH.

Santiago grabbed the client and punched him hard in the face.

"Hey! Stop!" William Watterson shouted.

"You killed him didn't you?" Santiago asked.

"No I god bloody didn't. I was getting ready to leave the hotel. I could get murdered too!"

"Why were you singing that song?"

"That song was from the 1999 version of Lazy town. Remember we're working on an animation! Now get off me!"

Santiago followed William. "But how do you explain how you were at the scene of the crime just before it happened?"

"I heard the scream when I was going down the stairs! I wasn't in the room. I was completely across the hallway! Now, go!" William ran down the stairs and Santiago looked through a window and saw the man enter a black cab, which took him away from the hotel.

"I'm doing as well as someone who's just seen a dead body for the first time." Troy replied, before turning to her. "It's a lot different writing about it than seeing it. I thought I could stomach something like that, but... I don't know." He sighed, before straightening again. "I'm sure this will sort itself out by morning now that we have a detective here. I suggest we wait in the lounge room. Unless you have something else on your mind." He offered, pushing himself from the wall, and giving her an optimistic.

She shook her head, raising a hand to cover a yawn as she nodded.
"Sounds like a plan." she agreed, offering the closest thing to a reassured smile as she could manage. Something told her it would not be fixed by tomorrow, but she painted the rosiest picture possible and went with it.

Santiago wandered back to the room and looked back at Troy and Vee. He did feel sorry that the murder had to come between them. He did not want to harm anyone, really. I realised that he was wrong about William, as he had a good alliby. Santiago marched slowly and cautiously up to his room.

"Someone's tired." Troy remarked jokingly as they made their way to the lounge room, and soon, had arrived. "Oh! Wait here just a moment, Vee. I just need to grab my writing journal." He said, and quickly turned, heading back up to his room.

Had it been another occasion, this is when the girl would jokingly say something like "Don't get murdered while you're gone", but now was not the best time for that. But something about her name sliding off his tongue with ease forced a smile on her face. Maybe it was just the scenario, and maybe she was just glad to have a friend in the stress of the situation, but she genuinely smiled as she made her way to a simple couch (more like a loveseat, really; it was pretty small), and sitting down, easily getting comfortable in the soft cushion.

Santiago went to bed in his room. He locked the door tightly, closed all the windows and shut the curtains quickly. He was nervous. He turned the lights off and jumped onto his bed. But he couldn't sleep!

After mere minutes, Troy returned, journal in hand as he found his way into the lounge room. He debated sitting beside Vee, but didn't want to come off too strong. They'd practically be on top of each other if he sat there in the small love seat, so he selected the couch directly beside it, and made himself comfortable.
He didn't say anything as he sat, unsure of what to say, if he should do so at all.

She rubbed her eyes and swore softly.
"Damn. You're right, I'm tired." She groaned, partially giving in to the couch, resting her chin in her hand, which was propped on on the seat. She sat for a moment, unsure of what to say next, dozing off slightly before jolting back. But eventually she kinda sorta did fall asleep, her left cheek slightly squished by her hand.
She wasn't any Sleeping Beauty, by any means.

Halt, who got bored from the activities, walked back up to his room. He made sure he locked his door when he entered, couldn't take any chances. Sitting down on his bed, he pulled back some sheets. He walked into the bathroom area, and proceded to shower. After the shower, he climbed into the bed, his pipe wrench at his side.

Troy glanced over at Vee's sleeping form before he opened his journal and began to write, putting down the events in order of the night. It really had been crazy, and he just hoped the killer would be caught. He let out a sigh as he closed the journal, and glanced down at the watch on his arm. It read 10:34. With a yawn, Troy leaned back, and let his heavy eyelids close, casting him in darkness as sleep overtook him.

She shifted in the seat, whimpering quietly. The young woman had been plagued with night terrors ever since she was a teen. In this one, the murder had not taken place in room 385, but in room 324. Her room. She was laying in her creaky bed, her gaze frozen on the door. It creaked open, and a figure smothered in shadows approached, the only thing visible on it's face was a sickeningly wide grin. It dragged her by her hair into the bathroom. She couldn't kick, she couldn't scream. She couldn't fight. She could only let it happen.
She was thrown against the counter, her head slamming on ceramic, when the figure pulled out a wicked looking blade. She felt tears streaming down her face even though she wasn't positive she'd produced them. It plunged the blade in her stomach. Once, twice. Six times. And she had to watch. She felt her own blood bubbling up over the wounds, and it felt like she was drowning.
In real time, her quiet whimpers had exceeded to louder ones, tears bubbling in her eyes, her entire body tense against the loveseat.

Troy felt himself being pulled from his sleep by a sound, as was usually the thing to wake him at night, concluding he was an extremely light sleeper.
Whimpers. The lounge room light had been turned off, so light from the entryway was streaming in, enabling Troy to see, but still impairing his vision at the moment. He groggily looked over to the side as he noticed Vee. He was about to continue looking about for the source of the noise, until another whimper sounded from her. Concerned, he sat up straight, then leaned over a little, squinting at her to see in the semi-darkness. She was tense all over, and some liquid sat on her face, obviously tears, though they were few. It reminded him of so many years ago, back when he was a teen, his little sister would constantly have nightmares, and he'd always get up and comfort her. He could do the same for Vee, but wasn't his sister. He couldn't just... do that, could he?
"Heyheyhey," He whispered loudly and quickly as he got off of the couch, and stood on his knees in front of the love seat to be eye level with Vee if and when she awoke. He moved his arm to her her shoulder, but tensed, as they were still only acquaintances. Slowly, he put his hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly, as he'd done for his sister many years ago. He gently shook her, but barely at all, so lightly as though he almost weren't doing so.
"It's just a bad dream." He whispered soothingly to her, trying to ease her up a bit. "Nothing to fear, love. It's all fake. Just a bloody night terror." He continued.

Santago heard a noise. What was that? He thought. He got up and looked around. It was nothing. Then he heard the noise again. He thought it was coming from the door. The noise stopped. Santiago reached down under his bed and grabbed the box containing his gun, his pistol and he loaded it. He placed the bag of bullets to the end of the bed, so that he could grab them if he needed more. A sound now came from the window. Santiago marched over there, with the gun in his left hand, shooting the ceiling once as he came. He looked out. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Santiago sighed. Before he went back to bed, Santiago went to the toilet. He still held his gun in his hand. Santiago heard the door fly open but before he could turn around, he saw a sharp knife pierce through his body from behind through his back. He only just saw the metal come out and he did not look behind him. Another shot came from his gun as his reflexs reacted, but it was no use, as the bullet went straight into the celing of the bathroom.

"Santiago." He said. Santiago fell to the floor, collapsing. Blood poured everywhere as the suspected killer was now dead. That theory about Santiago being the killer was now debunked. Santiago's body now lay on the floor, lying on his belly. His pajamas looked awfully alot like his daytime clothes. His Christian cross lay on the floor and the gun to his other side.

The next morning, a receptionist waited eagerly for each person to come for breakfast. She had signed most people off by now. Another receptionist stood next to her.

"We're still waiting for this Santiago guy." The woman said to the other receptionist. Both of them were young and innocent.

There was a picture next to his name. The woman that had arrived recognised him. "Oh I know him. He's my boss in another job I have."

"What's that?"

"Well, I work with an animation company who do this wierd adult stories about children's TV shows and cartoons. It's kind of dumb, to be honest with you. I do most of the drawing for it." The young woman paused. "Do you know what...I think i'll check up on him...I was suppossed to be meeting him today anyway after my shift..."

"No Phoebe, wait..." The other woman said.

The young receptionist went up the stairs to Santiago's room on the 6th floor. Room 666. Phoebe knocked on the door. No answer. Phoebe saw tha the lock of the door had been fiddled with. Something was wrong. Phoebe pushed the door and saw that it opened quite easily. The lock was broken, destroyed. Phoebe rushed in to see what had happened: Santiago's dead body was on the floor-there was a large hole through his jacket like pajama top and another one through his skin with fresh blood. Phoebe almost screamed in shock. Why hadn't the maids found him yet? Phoebe rushed down the stairs to tell the rest of the staff and to phone some kind of ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The figure crouched down beside her, watching her life drain.
Something was pulling her away.
It placed a hand on her cheek, wiping it with it's thumb.
Frantic whispering.
"Poor little Vee." the figure murmured in a hushed voice, it's tone smooth, the sick smile still plastered on it's face. "Dying. Nothing to do. To be found dead in a hotel bathroom, next."
She shot up from her place on the tiny couch, eyes flaring open. Now that she was awake, the tiny, steady tears trickling down her face became freely flowing streams.
Vee Etienne was not a crier, but seeing a dead body in a lake of it's own blood would really mess someone up.
All she saw was a faint outline of someone beside her. This would've scared her had she not recognized the voice.
Vee Etienne was also not one to show too much emotion around strangers, but once again. Dead bodies, lakes of blood.
She had to stop herself from hugging him, which was definitely a first time event for the socially awkward girl.
"Oh my God, I- shit- I'm- so sorry- I-" was all she could manage past her throat, which felt like it was constricted by glass. She shakily wiped her tears away with her hand, feeling her cheeks heat up. The situation was, for a lack of better words, humiliating, but she really didn't care. It was enough to have someone.
If he hadn't woken her, it would've replayed, over and over again in her head, tormenting her until morning.
"Thank you- God, I can't- I don't think I can- just- thank you." she whispered, tears bubbling up over the hand that attempted to rid them.

Phoebe's eyes watered as tears flowed. She had only met Santiago a few times, but he did not deserve this kind of a death. "Someone call the detective and the police around here!" Phoebe shouted, at the top of her voice. The noise could be heard on the floor on top and the floor below.

"Shh..." Troy replied to her as he moved a little closer. "You're fine now..." He turned his head to look out at the empty hall, before looking back at her. "I don't wish to invade your personal space, but would you mind if I gave you a hug? I feel as though you could use one..." Troy offered. He thought he heard a muffled bang, but didn't pay it any attention, as his sole focus, for now, was her.

Phoebe went down the stairs to the reception. "Where the F*** are the police?!" She shouted. "There's been another death!" Phoebe shouted so hard, it went through the walls. "Should we have the hotel evacuated?!" She looked at everyone on the sofas and then the receptionists. "Fine, i'll solve this case myself!"

Vee's face went a shade of fuchsia. Only little kids got nightmares. She was being childish, blubbering away and crying mindlessly. But at his request, she managed an awkward nod before she'd leaped forward, her arms wrapping around the closest thing she had to a friend in the midst of the chaos. She felt her cheeks heat up at the realization of what she was doing, but she paid little mind to that. Her head rested on his shoulder as her eyes faintly dried, her breath slowly regulating.
What she said earlier was true.
The only thing worse than going through this with a friend would be going through it alone.

But a loud yell snapped her away from whatever else had happened.
All she heard was "Another death" and immediately got to her feet, shakily, out of grogginess.
Her face, streaked with tears, didn't portray the scream that went off in her head.
"Who-?" she managed, her voice cracking under the weight of the word. Who was it this time? Who'd been brutally killed?
But another question seemed to haunt the back of her mind no matter how hard she attempted to dismiss it.
Who was next?

Last edited:
Troy held her, before she quickly stood, and he with her, as he heard; "There's been another death!" Proceeding this event, one of the secretary's yelled something, but it had become dull, as it sunk in that the killer hadn't left. This wasn't just some guy, doing his bidding and leaving. They were either dealing with a serial killer, or a maniac, or both. Neither sounded welcoming as he shook his head, before looking at Vee, fear written all over her face.
His couldn't have been any braver. He was terrified out of his mind. Who was next? Would it be him, or Vee? They needed to leave the Hotel. Now.
"Vee. I understand we barely know each other, but we need to leave. Now. It isn't safe here." He said urgently as he turned to her, still very close mind you, but thoughts of a blossoming romance had fleeted his mind. Survival was at the forefront.

The girl forced a nod out of her stiff body, her skin prickling at his nearness, unable to agree more at his urgency to leave. She stole a glance at the clock, which read 6:49.
"Do you have anything beyond important in your room?" she asked quickly, turning back to him. She was okay with leaving her belongings in her room. She had her phone for emergency contact, and the oddly sentimental book. She could get another computer, she could buy more clothes or whatever. All she wanted was to forget about this and be safe.

"No. Do you?" He asked, but studying her face, he could see her own eagerness to depart the hotel. Maybe even greater than his. "Okay." He said quietly without a response. "Follow me." With that, he grabbed her hand, but made sure to do so gently as he made his way out of the hotel, leading her away.
Soon, they'd arrived outside. It was drizzling, and the storm was upon them. They could outrun it. "Do you have a car?" He asked her. "If not, you can ride with me, in mine." Troy offered.

John cringed at the shout. He wasn't risking it. He was staying in his room, where he knew he was and the murderer wasn't. And at the first available opportunity, he was getting the HFIL out of there. He had just made himself a bagel for morning breakfast - he was a cook, so he didn't need to allow the staff in to deliver food. He didn't care who was and wasn't still in the hotel, it was time for him to stay for a bit... and then get OUT.

She stumbled after him, her clumsiness getting the best of her. She always was one to trip over nothing. When prompted, her hand instantly flew to her back pocket to feel for her keys-
So that's what she forgot.
"Forgot my keys. Guess I'm carpooling." she mumbled, taking a glance at her car. It was a nice car, really, but not as nice as the idea of staying alive. And then a thought struck her. "What even is the plan? Just.. drive?" she asked, her head tilting faintly to the side, like a confused puppy.

Suddenly, before any more words could come from the two of them, a massive clang rang out - the ear-deafening noise of dozens of pieces of metal banging off of each other and collapsing together.

In John's room, the man had just pulled down a blanket he had set up, causing all of his cooking supplies to fall together. The first part in his final defense. John then ran over to his camera device, and snapped a picture. It was an old camera, but as it began to print the clown walked over and chopped the camera straight in half with his axe, just barely missing John's face. John then decided a last-ditch effort was his only option. Either he be killed here, or chance survival with certain death if he failed... he decided to risk it. John backed up to the edge of the balcony, taking a step over the railing and straight into the open air. He took a deep breath and sent his other foot over as well. His hands just barely grasped onto the railing of the balcony as the clown killer walked over. John swung his body back and forth, and right before the killer chopped into his hands John let go of the balcony, his momentum sending him flying into the fifth-floor room. Landing hard on his right foot, he grunted in pain, falling over. But he knew he had no time to rest, so John quickly picked himself up and opened the door, running out into the hallway and towards the steps, despite his foot being in incredible pain. It was no time to rest - the man could be coming to get him now. So John quickly shuffled down the stairs, all the way down to the first floor and bolted out the door. He saw two people standing outside - two he recognized.
"Neither of you are the killer - good. Listen, he just attacked me. We have to get out of here." John said, throwing his weight against the car as he crumpled down, his foot no longer able to sustain his weight. "The murderer. Wore a clown suit. Had an axe. God, I've never been that terrified in my life..."

"By God, man. You're bleeding!" Troy raised his eyebrows in concern as he pointed at a small gash in the victims arm. "We all need to leave. Now. This place is no longer safe. I think the storm has delayed the police. They won't be arriving for a while." Troy said darkly as he marched towards his car, and in the semi-darkness (as the sun was rising, and showing barely any light through the thick, dark clouds), he noticed something dreadful.
"No..." He muttered as he looked at the tires to his vehicle, which had been slashed. Quickly, he averted his gaze to the surrounding cars, and discovered the ghastly scene, to reveal that none of the vehicles would be operable. All had slashed tires.

"Must have nicked me when he got my camera..." John said, then seeing the vehicles. "Oh, shit. He cut off our escape. The police left, didn't they? How the hell are we going to get out of here?" John then remembered his bag was still in his room. "Shit! I left my cellphone and map up there! Gah, and I know we're at least half a day away from civilization by car... There has to be something, right?" John started to think. "...wait, maybe... Any of you have a map of the area? Please tell me you do."

The girl looked up at the sound of screaming metal, wincing slightly. She glanced at Troy to give a "What-Was-That" look to him, but before either of them could speak, a man came hobbling towards them. Instinctively, she stepped backward, towards Troy, until he spoke words that sounded more like gasps of pain than actual conversation.
"A clown suit," she repeated dubiously, giving him a look.
She never had been afraid of clowns. As a kid she'd watched the It mini series, and read the novel when she was an appropriate age. She'd always laughed- the idea of a killer clown just seemed like a joke.
She fumbled with her phone, quickly pulling up a picture of a map. But given her luck, of course, her phone was stuck at 6%. Lovely.
"Here.." she mumbled, handing the man the phone, looking around at the slashed tires, feeling suddenly very sick.

Halt climbed off of his chair. All the talk about murder placed Halt on the cautious side. As he looked out his window, he watched as a person fell off the building. "Hey, you mind not commiting suicide today?" He called down from his balcony, where he is now at. "Why the hell would you do that?"

"Yes, I know how it sounds. But it's actually a f***ing clown!" John said, now trying to use his jacket as a makeshift bandage or something. "Can someone help me tie this up? Anyways, I would have photographic proof, but he destroyed my damn camera. He's most likely on his way down now. Now do you or do you not have a map of this place?"

Mike had went back to his room in full crazy mode. He grabbed his axe and put it on his back grabbed his knife put it in the right side oh his pants and putting a hammer in the left side and putting a machete on his back to. He lastly grabbed his giant craftsman chainsaw. He then started to run quickly going down the stairs a recpshionists got in his way. "Sir I command you to stop immidietly!" She called out. Mike started his chainsaw just then. He ramed it through her like a pizza cutter cuts well pizza and she fell to the ground dieingHe ran outside to reveal three little piglets. "HELLO MY THREE LITTLE PIGLETS" Mike yelled out. He took His chainsaw and stopped it and dropped it at the back of the car then grabbing his machete he goes over to the little piglet he'd been afters side of the car and stabbed the window aiming for the mans head.

Phoebe approached the group outside and screamed as she saw John's bleeding stumps that replaced his hands. She panted. Then started talking. "You...saw the killer..." Phoebe panted. She had been talking to numerous amounts of people about sightings of the killer that they and she had seen the killer attack John, seeing the balacony incident. "My name's Phoebe, I'm a client of Santiago's. When he died, I made it my duty to find out what's going on. I just saw what happened. He's..." Phoebe looked behind and saw Mike with the chainsaw in the reception. "Oh no...he's coming!"

Halt heard screams through the building. He raced downstairs and watched as the clown ran after the tree at the car. He took his pipe wrench and threw it at the clown. "Get away from them." He said in a commanding voice.