• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Hotel

Troy let out a sigh as one by one, the others left. He'd lost all interest with his book, for now, and got up, grabbing his journal and Heart of Darkness, before heading to the stairs, rejecting the elevator, and heading up to the third floor.
He stopped at his own room, 312, dropping off his belongings, before tidying himself up a bit, and heading down the hall, stopping outside of room 324, as he'd remembered what the woman had called. He cleared his throat and fidgeted nervously before knocking on the door three times. "Um... miss? It's me, Troy. The writer? I uh... just wanted to... thank you." He began, his voice cracking in odd places, before he cleared his throat again.

She opened the door, poking her head through. She seemed a little nervous when she opened it, until she recognized him. Her face softened and she offered a small smile, a mess of hair that was partially up framing her face as she opened the door a bit further.
"Oh! It's no worry, really.. Just... some people can be so on edge about what others think. I think they were just insecure, maybe, about what you were writing about them." she tried, pursing her lip a bit in thought. People who worried did go the angry route sometimes. She shivered slightly. "Although I'd much rather be stuck with them than the other guy... The one with the gun. He's got me worried out of my mind, over nothing." she chuckled faintly, her voice twinging at the slightly self-deprecating phrase.

Troy let out a nervous chuckle, his eyes a little wide with anxiety at talking to a woman. Most writers, like he, usually came off as socially awkward. He considered himself not to be up to the social standards of normal people, and if she was still talking to him, he must be doing something right.
"Yes, that man appears to be quite the character. He's got the makings of a crazy man, at least, from what I've gathered." He glanced down the hall, before looking back at her. "I just... I'm not used to people defending me, especially someone I don't know. I really am thankful for that back there." He gave her a shy, nervous smile.

She chuckled sheepishly.
"And I'm not used to defending people, especially someone I don't know," she added, cheeks flaring a soft pink. "I kind of just... got fed up with it, I guess. I was a little surprised after I said it, actually." She studied the ground for a moment. There were so many things she wanted to say, but she didn't know how to. She sort of wanted to invite him in, to chat, but there were numerous things wrong with that idea. One, that could be taken very creepily. Two, that was the sort of thing you did in a home. You could be proud of a home. Not a hotel room.
She also wanted to ask what kind of thing he was writing, but writing was sometimes very personal- she'd wanted to be a writer for a solid period of her life, and then gave up when she realized it wasn't realistic. The term 'starving artist' never made sense to her up until then; She thought it didn't matter what money someone made, as long as they were happy.
How wrong she could be.
A crackle of lightning interrupted her trainwreck of thoughts.
"It wasn't even that cloudy when I came in.." she muttered, glancing towards the window.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Santiago was busy in a Skype call. He didn't do this too often, but he used Skype to have meetings with multiple colleagues from the animation department. He had recieved word during the Skype meeting that one of his colleagues was also staying in the Baker's Inn. He was told to go down and see him so that they could show each other a concept for a new TV show-mainly just sketches and a proper face to face talk. Santiago carried with him a large briefcase and placed his bag of bullets in his room. He descended, down to the 3rd floor. His client was in room 325, one room down from Vee's room. Santiago marched towards room 325 and was about to knock on the door when he saw Vee and Troy. Recognising them from before, Santiago dropped his briefcase in surprise. He looked at the two, the odd 'couple,' as he had called them in his mind. He opened his mouth, as if to show a gasping face, to show his shock at them being there.

Vee tensed up at the sound of his briefcase hitting the ground, and she looked up. His mouth open, staring at them. The hair on the back of her neck rose, a shiver passing through her spine. Something about this man really threw her off, or just flat out scared her. She remembered something like this happening in middle school, and usually, recalling it would force a laugh out of her.
She was chatting with one of the 'popular' guys, because she was giving him homework answers in return for... not being bullied, and someone saw them. Out of pure panic, she'd screamed, "WE'RE NOT DATING HE WOULDN'T DATE ME", and then fled.
Now, remembering that made her cringe. Her heart was beating as the large man just... watched.

"Well, you know how it goes." Troy replied with a sideways smirk as he glanced past her at her dark window. "They come at the most inconvenient of times." With that, he heard a thunk. Raising his eyebrows, he turned, and Vee as well. "Oh. It's... you." He stated, mild surprise on his face as he studied the other man. His surprise seemed to feel... less authentic. More... feigned. "Are... we bothering you?" He asked, pursing his lips slightly, standing a little straighter as he continued to study the much more powerful man.

"No. You two look like you have bonded." Santiago said, looking towards Troy. "If I didn't know you were strangers until now, I would have thought you knew each other. You seem to have a great interest in this woman. Could you say you're...tighter than bark on a tree?"

Troy was slightly taken aback. "Excuse me?" He raised his eyebrows, and folded his arms tightly acrossed his chest, almost as though he were cold. "I am merely making conversation with her. That's an absolutely bold and inappropriate comment." He took a breath, before pursing his lips a little again. "It is like me saying that you and one of the men from the lounge have an interest for each other, simply for exchanging words." He continued, creasing his brow. He took a deep breath, before shaking his head, and turning from Santiago.

Santiago walked backwards, but then stomped forwards again, as if they initiate a new attack. "Why did you go specifically to this woman's room? There were other strangers there you could have met. And you chose...the only woman guest in the room?" Santiago twisted his face to either side. "It was either her or the receptionist!"

"She showed kindness towards me, while the others showed hostility. I was merely thanking her and striking up friendly conversation." He replied, a hint of frustration in his voice. "Why the particular interest in my alleged interest in her? It's not as though who I talk to concerns you." With that, he took another deep breath. "I'll chat with you later." He muttered to Vee, before turning on heel and walking down the hall to hi own room.

She nodded numbly, her eyes on the ground, managing only a quiet "Sure" before looking down, trying to figure something out of the situation.
This was quite possibly the most eventful night at a hotel she'd ever encountered.
Santiago looked mildly upset, and it kind of scared her, but she couldn't really do anything. She wanted to disappear, to go back to her room, but she couldn't. She was rooted to the spot, just... standing.

Santiago was about to say something before Troy stormed off, but Santiago stopped talking. Worried for the woman, he peered in. He decieded to stop being concerned about random people he had just met. He knocked on the door of his client. The client opened the door and greeted him. The two discussed many things about the plot of this new TV show. The show would be about a group of recurring characters from different universes coming together to find out who had killed someone. One by one, the characters would be murdered. The end of the series was to have a massive gunfight between two main characters. It was going to involve a skit where a large man swallowed a character each episode and then at the end, this man would turn out to also be the killer. The show's beta name was 'Demontic Man.' The man was implied to be some kind of magicial entity capable of hovering through the floor. Part of the concept was coined by Santiago himself. When they had tweeked ideas, the meeting between the two men ended. The animation then started to develop in the studios, which were based in London, England. Santiago appeared outside of the room much later. He wondered where Vee and Troy were.

Vee had take refuge in her room, tapping away silently at her laptop's keyboard, feeling stuffed up and pretty much hating the room and the hotel and the city and the country.
But she heard something about an all night pool downstairs, and it would definitely be better than her room. So she quietly trotted down the stairs, a towel in hand.
"Excuse me? Um, where's the pool?" she asked the receptionist softly, and got directions.
It was a pretty nice pool, actually. A simple stone trim with concrete floors, and it was definitely heated- she could she the stream floating up off it. Several rows of simple, white chairs, some accompanied by tables, accented the walls.There was even a hot tub.
So she got the book she was currently working on, Fahrenheit 451, and settled at the edge of the water, her legs dangling in, occasionally swinging, her book open.

At said pool, a man was quietly relaxing in one of the beach chairs that were set up there, a large hat covering his face. He was buried nose-deep into a book - Foresight's Flight from Binding of the Almatraek. From the corner of his vision, he spotted a woman writing a book. Deciding to keep to himself, he looked back at his book and continued to read.

He flopped down onto his bed with a sigh. Things had been going so well, and he'd actually managed to talk to a woman, despite his insecurities. He closed his eyes and shook his head, before sitting up, and looking towards the blank screen of his personal television. He had barely used it, as TV wasn't exactly his form of entertainment. He had grown bored, and already felt scared of revisiting the woman he still hadn't gotten a name from, so in the mean time, he figured he could collect more information in his journal.
Grabbing his journal and pen as he got up, Troy glanced at the clock, which read 7:58, before departing his room, and making a quick run down the stairs as he journeyed to the lounge.
On the way, he passed the pool area, glancing inside, his eyes widened as he saw a pair of smooth legs dangling into the water as none other than the woman was sitting there, reading a book. His mouth fell open a little, and he blinked rapidly before shaking his head, and noticing the man there, who had glanced over at her.
A feeling of jealousy washed over Troy, who shook his head immediately to clear it. This was definitely not a feeling that he wanted to experience. He doubted he'd ever see the woman again after one of them left the hotel, whoever would first. No need to develop any sort of feelings towards her. At least, that's what he told himself as he remained frozen on the spot, still trying to move, and avert his eyes from her slender form.

She continued flipping through, one hand occupied with the book, the other subtly fiddling with the yellow strap on her shoulder. The book was clearly already annotated, and she was more so focused on the marks and notes than the book.
One of her patients suggested the book to her, and Vee was very closely linked to them. She wasn't the best councilor (she preferred that term to therapist), but she knew what she was doing. She didn't ask questions unless she knew they wanted her to, and she didn't prompt on feelings. But her favorite customer, a sixteen year old boy by the name of Nigel (I just had to use it) had suggested it, and said it was a truly brilliant read that the young woman would enjoy, and so far, he'd lived up to his word after he let her borrow his copy. Their relationship was barely how it should be; customer to employee, but instead friend to friend, which was better if you asked Vee.
Occasionally the girl would look up, through the windows of the room, as someone walked by, but she hadn't in a while. She seemed to be almost upset, but it didn't show past her eyes.

Nina one of the few maids that work at the hotel was walking threw the fouth floor. She walked into the room 385 and started to clean it as she looked around she went into the bathroom and immediate screamed as she saw Collin on the ground with blood surrounding him.

Finally tearing his eyes from her, he continued on his way, his breathing a little irregular. If he hadn't known any better, he'd have thought she were trying to seduce him. He chuckled at this thought, before hearing a scream. Perking up, he turned back to the stairs. The scream had been faint, but it certainly came from one of the higher floors. He debated going up to see what the problem was, but his cowardice traits were holding him back. "I'm going to regret this." He finally muttered to himself as he jogged towards the stairs. Normally, he wouldn't take action, but the scream sounded so real, and shrill. Something truly terrified the person who had screamed.

The man's eyes flew up in shock at the scream. Closing his book, the man got up and started to run towards it. For all the things John Harmon was, he wasn't a coward, and he needed to know what had happened. John decided not to wait for the elevator, so he opened the stairs door and begun to run up them. He estimated the call coming from the fourth floor, so he passed the man already heading up the stairs and broke through the door. When he came to room 385, he went inside. "What happened here?!" he asked the maid, seeing her backing up.

Halt heard the scream, and picked up his pipe wrench. He stepped out of the room, and headed to where the scream came from. When he saw the body on the ground, Halt shook his head slowly. "What happened here." He asked those around him.

Santaigo returned to his room, exhausted. He opened a plastic bag full of cans of Chef Boyardee. This was his favourite meal. Since moving into the country, he had been eating nonstop Chef Boyardee for Breakfast, lunch and Dinner. He tucked in to what seemed to be Spaghetti and meatballs. He paid little attention to what was in the can and scoffed it all up. Soon, he got a phone call from the client he had met. The client seemed to talk about meeting him down at the swimming pool for some kind of social thing. Santiago wasn't really the social type. He liked to keep silent, normally. He also did not like swimming pools. Santiago decieded to go down the stairs, instead of use the lift. As he went down the stairs, he could hear a loud, distinctable scream, just before he was at the end of the 4th floor. Santaigo's plodding developed into a speed walk. He wasn't sure whether or not it was a false alarm and, at first, assumed so. He appeared on the 3rd floor and walked past the doors, trying to work out where it would have come from. He scanned his eyes on an open door-385. He saw a Maid crying and a man-John, with Halt. He passed the room just before he saw his client. He was on the same floor anyway.

"What was that scream I heard?" The client asked, rushing into room 385. Santiago turned around and followed the client.

"We should be go-" Santiago started to speak, before he saw the body of Collin on the floor. Santiago stopped. The client backed out.

"Oh my God!" The client shouted.

Vee immediately jumped up from her spot by the pool, her senses aflame.
He said he was going to kill someone.
Screams.
Shouldn't have come here.
Nocte terrores.

She stood and immediately tore out the door, sprinting towards the stairs, taking them three at a time. She saw the man from the pool, and Troy, but she didn't have time to stop or say anything. Something was off and it was obvious.
She skidded to a stop on her floor, watching the man from earlier disappear into room 385, so she followed. Her breath didn't show the fact that she was partially winded- in fact, it was surprisingly level and steady.
She took one look at the obviously dead body on the ground. She was revolted, and terrified, but forced herself to stay still. Fear managed to leak through her voice, though, when she finally spoke.
"He hasn't been dead for long."

"...true enough. The blood looks fresh." John said, cringing as he looked at the body. "Is anyone here a detective or police officer? The cops need to know about this! Any potential murder weapons? Any confirmed murder weapons would be a better question."

Mike had springed out of his bed when he heard the scream. He ran downstairs to the room revealing a dead body and some of he the others that had been in the lobby with him. Mike had seen the phsyco. "Wtf is going on"Mike roared out.

Troy narrowed his eyes at the body, his own vessel going numb, his eyes widening in horror. A death? Here? And now, the man who'd been at the pool was trying to play detective. His questions were valid, but too strong. Other tactics needed to be used to find the killer. This is, if they were still here. "Hold on now. Those questions are very hard to answer. Anything could have been used." He took a shaky breath before he crouched down next to the body, inspecting the wounds. "He's been cut open. There's a few bruises..." His stomach twisted in his body. This was disgusting, sick, and ugly. "No... multiple stab wounds."
This was exactly the scenario of the first book Troy had ever released. It had been a murder mystery. The only difference, was that it took place in a mansion, in France. Now, it was a hotel, in America. Standing up, and taking a step back, he put his hand up to his mouth. "It had to have been one of the new people who arrived here... nothing like this has happened yet... or maybe this was a common killing... you know, one man kills another, and leaves? To be arrested days or weeks later?" He closed his eyes, before turning from the body, before looking suspiciously about everyone else, besides Vee, of course.

"I have a phone on me." Santiago's client stated. "Let me dial the police." He whipped out an Iphone and dialed for the emergency services. He called the police, telling them their location. "Well I'm out of here." The client looked at Santiago. "I don't want to get involved in some murder case. Santiago, you can stay for as long as you want. I'll tell the others if you're unable to work." Santiago nodded and then the client then vanished.

Santiago inspected the body. In his mind, he wanted to help. Santiago stood there, in shock.

Halt looked around at the people around him. "Well, you all know the saying, the killed comes back to the crime?" He shifted his grip on the wrench, hoping to notice someone flinch or move at his statement.

"Stab wounds... so not bludgeoning or suffocation." John said pensively. "Perhaps there's a bladed weapon around here? It could have fingerprints. But then again, the murderer could have taken the murder weapon with him or wiped off the fingerprints..."

She staggered back, the moment catching up to her. She felt her gag reflex faintly toying with her throat.
"I-I'm Vee, but... You're suggesting that someone here killed him?" she managed, her voice growing faint. She looked around. She'd managed to develop a slight trust for one person here- Troy- and subconsciously took a microscopical step towards him, looking around at everyone, her eyes catching on Santiago for just a moment too soon as she looked around.
"Look, I- I'm sure we appreciate your stepping forward.. b-but- we really ought leave this to the.. police?" her voice got smaller as she went on, as though she were afraid he would suddenly flip out at her suggestion and do God knows what.

"Yes, we definitely need the police." John said. "Santiago, you said your name was, you just called them right? In that case, I say what we need to do is make sure no one else dies before they get here. This body is too recent for the killer to have left, so it's most likely... someone in this room." John froze at this statement, glancing at the people behind him before returning to looking for the murder weapon. "I'm going to keep looking for one or two minutes, then return to my room. I'd advise the rest of you to do the same. Lock the doors and let no one in unless you're absolutely sure they're not going to kill you. That's my plan."

Troy turned his head to look at Vee, before looking about at the others. "She's right." He proclaimed. "This is official Police business. The best we can do is wait." He looked back at Vee, giving her a small nod. "I'm getting out of this room. I suggest the lot of you follow suit. Don't touch anything either. Don't want your fingerprints all over a murder scene."
He turned to the door, and started to leave, before looking back at Vee (still in her bathing suit), and felt his face grow red, but tried to raise his voice, looking for anything to keep his mind from the dead man in the room. "You coming?: He asked, his voice cracking.

Santiago stared at Vee. He wasn't trying to direct his question at her, but rather, John. Then, when John started talking, Santiago took in his advice and nodded. "Ah ok. But the killer is definitely in this hotel." Santiago stated. "I have a gun. I'll kill the bastard myself, if I have to."

David Peirce pulled up in his black Cadilac. It wasn't a government certified car but he didn't care. He walked towards the hotel. His raven black hair moved with the wind as the storm started to pick up speed. ' great a tropical storm just what we need." He thought as he scratched his soul patch. He walked into the hotel and made his way to the Murder Victim. He cleared his throat. " Unless your a police officer or detective get out now." He said.

Santiago slowly maneovered out of the room. He stared at David intensely. "Ah ok." Something occured to him. The client Santiago had met...was there near the room when Santiago met him on his way to meet him and his other colleagues at the pool. Could the client have something to do with this murder if he was so close to where it had happened?

"That'd just make you a murderer as well. Self-defense is alright, but still." John said, still searching the area. "Anyone got any rubber gloves or anything?" Then the detective arrived. "Hello, officer." John said, backing out. "The victim took multiple stab wounds. Died from blood loss, I'd assume. Haven't found the murder weapon, but the murderer is likely still in this hotel. Hope that helps you. If you need me, I'll be in my room." John then walked out of the room and over to the elevator, taking it up to the sixth floor.

Mike made his way out the door. Walking back to his room looking over his shoulder he felt a chill run down his spine. "This is to much for me"Mike said going back to room and kept on watching tv.

She shivered and managed a nod, quickly following, taking a look back at the scene as the officer stepped in the hall.
"So much for leaving..." she mumbled. She wanted to get out of here as soon as possible- to leave and never think about the hotel or any of it's residents ever again, but she had to stay. There was a murderer, and her leaving would be a solid enough accusation. She didn't really say much as they walked- she couldn't form words, really.
"I'm starting to feel a lot better about sticking up for you back in the lobby." she said, rather quietly after a period of silence. "The only thing worse that I could think of than being stuck in a murder with someone is being stuck in it alone."

Troy was silent for a few moments, before slowly nodding his head. "Yeah... I'd... I'd have to agree with you on that." He replied. "I'm sorry about this, but uh... I never got your name." He admitted, with a dull chuckle after, his mind still lingering on the crime behind them. "Unless you're not comfortable with giving me that, of course. I'd completely understand."