• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The "Holy Cow, Why Hasn't Anyone Started A Topic About The New Intro Yet?" Topic

So the new intro was shown in Japan earlier this week, named Spurt! You can watch it here if you haven't seen it yet.

Maybe no one's brought this up so far because there aren't too many deductions we can make from this one. There are no newly-evolved Pokémon shown, so we don't know if anyone evolves or is caught. It starts off showing a couple intercut clips of all the Pokémon Ash has caught (even those that have been released), but there's no one new there. Same for May.

Pikachu Volt Tackles an Aipom pretty good, though. :D

The song is excellent, of course, being reminiscent of past tunes OK! and Challenger! and is once again masterfully sung by Rika Matsumoto, voice of Satoshi. With any luck, we'll be listening to a remixed version by summertime!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The "Weekly anime discussion - you bet your ass there's spoilers" topic is why nobody has made this topic yet ^^

I'll quote what I said there about the new intro:

Its song has yet to grab my attention the way "Battle Frontier" did but I wouldn't say it's a bad song. The way the tune changes during the Sceptile vs Aerodactyl animation sounds awkward, though I have a hunch the transition will seem much smoother in the extended version.

On the other hand, the animation for the intro rocks out loud. I'm a nostalgic git, so anything that flashs back to all of Ash's previous Pokemon hits me hard - and the opening of the intro is just so bloody cool. I also like the extra attention given to Butterfree, with his 'manly' ribbon ^^, and Pidgeot considering that neither returned after leaving and, at least in Butterfree's case, never will. Primeape didn't receive the same treatment but it doesn't deserve it nearly as much anyways.

So yeah. I think it's an awesome intro, but it's too early for me to call the actual song "excellent". It just hasn't grown on me enough yet (even if I have watched that intro at least 15 times now. I have OCD issues when it comes to stuff like that ^^). But hey, give it another week and I'll be totally obsessed with it ;)

Can't wait for the extended version of "Spurt!" to add to my collection :)

*Edit: Just watched every single Japanese Pokemon intro to date*

Yeah, yeah... Considering the various different intros I've heard from other anime series', "Spurt!"is an 'excellent' song. And it didn't even take me a week to realize that ^^

I'm would be glad if ash does get back his old pokemon...I think it is one of the best intros even though I used to love the first season theme...

WOW I'm kinda excited for the new episodes and the theme song isn't too bad either I sometimes wonder what it would sound like in english...its really neat...it kinda agrvats me that combosikin didn't evole by now and I noticed the new pokemon are used such as munchlax...I can't wait till its back...