• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Hidden Role - RP Proposal

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Hidden Roles - "A game that uses a "hidden roles" mechanic requires you to hide your goals and abilities from the rest of your friends. Different from strategy games, which benefit from some secret-keeping and have a plethora of interlocking ways to win, hidden role games focus on the secret-keeping aspect as a primary mechanic and amplify this by having a few opposing teams and clear and simple goals." -Chris Hallberg, https://www.crhallberg.com/blog/hiddenroles.html (Hidden Roles - Chris Hallberg)"
You and 11 unlucky other strangers are kidnapped and trapped in an undisclosed building. You learn the only way to escape is to participate everyone in a series of fun games until you are among the last standing. Will you be able to lie, manipulate and twist the games to your advantage, or will you be framed and face the price of execution?

So, this idea is inspired by games such as Danganronpa and Kimi Ga Shine however its
not the same as either of them. If you're looking for a killing game, this isn't for you. As previously mentioned, The RP would about being trapped in a location with a group of people and playing hidden role games (such as One Night Werewolf or Resistance), and to escape. Hidden Role games commonly consist of everyone being assigned a role. Different roles can perform different actions and different win conditions (and in this RP, to survive, you need to win). As the group plays would play through the games, mysteries around where they are, who is behind this and what the purpose of them playing these games begin to arise.

This is currently a very rough idea on what this RP would be like. I would like to know what everyones thoughts are on this concept and if I should flesh it out more and begin sign ups or if I should just stop with this RP already.

If you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to ask.

Also if you have a better idea for the name of the RP, feel free to tell me because i'm really bad at coming up with titles.