• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Haunted Mansion(The Roleplay)

Illusive said" You didn't pay attention to most of what I said right. That is not the reaction most Pokemon have when someone says they are evil. Also my parents abandoned me. The Pokemon of the mansion took me in when I was abandoned. They are my family. And my family is going to kill you and your trainer if they find out what happened to me. They care a lot about me. I don't want anyone to die though even evil Pokemon that would try to kill kids for no reason."

Fury growled once more, this time embarrassed about not listening closer. He cast a glance back toward what he assumed was the exit before continuing. "Still. I'm surprised you're being so honest about this." He glanced backwards once again, this time far more concerned about what might try to attack him or his trainer while he was away. "Well, if you have family here, they can help you. I'd better be going. And please, just don't assume the worst about anyone anymore." He took up the potion one more time with a great deal of it hanging out of his mouth and started backing away, guided by the bristling of his fur against the metal walls.

Illusive said" you didn't pay attention to what I said. If they find me like this you and your trainer are dead. You have to heal me or they will kill you. I don't trust you, but I don't want you to die."

By now, Fury was getting tired of walking back and forth, so he mumbled a quick, "Fine." and proceeded to shove the super potion up next to Illusive. He warily approached, waiting for the fox to sit down before applying the healing spray to his leg.

Illusive sat down. He asked" If your not going to kill me it doesn't seem like you were evil. Why did you do this to me if you aren't evil. I told you I didn't intend to hurt anyone. I only wanted to scare the hooman like I said. Yet even after hearing that you all heavily injured a kid that means no harm. You could have pinned me facing away from the hooman if you thought I was a threat. That way you would not have done this. Do you enjoy hurting others that much that you will defy your morals to do so. I'm trying to find a possible reason to do this that doesn't make you all evil, but I can only find reasons that make you evil."

"Woah. Slow down with this, kid. Gimme a sec." He clawed at the difficult handle, only getting slight results. Seeing that fail, he instead bit down on it and whined happily when a slight hiss from the bottle indicated his success. He waited for the spray to run out before releasing the now-empty container to answer Illusive's questions. "First, my morals. My first priority is to protect that human, and help my teammates. Those are my morals. I do not necessarily enjoy hurting others."

Illusion said" Well I told you I didn't intend to hurt anyone only scare the hooman. Why would you attack me if I wasn't a threat. What your saying doesn't add up. Your lying about something because based on your actions you are either lying about your morals or if you enjoy hurting others." He then started to back away.

"Slow down, I haven't told you the whole situation yet." Fury said with a stern look. He sat and continued with his explanation. "I've had some... poor experiences with creatures in the wild. Do you know what a Pyroar is? Or maybe... uh... fighting groups?"

Illusive said" I only know of Pokemon that live here and now the Pokemon that your trainer and the other trainer have. Well mostly. I have seen both types of vulpix and a rockruff, but that is it. And what is a fighting group?"

"Woof. This'll take a little longer than expected." The Growlithe muttered to himself, peeking over his shoulder with the sudden thought red, unnerving eyes were watching him from the shadows. Nothing was except the Chandelure, however, so he shrugged and proceeded to explain what a fighting group was. "It's a bunch of pokemon that group together and battle for survival. At the end of the day, everyone is fed and has a place to sleep. You just risk your life from sunrise to sunset, stuck with a lot of species from all over the place and the knowledge you might not live another day." Fury took a few deep breaths, shuffling his feet anxiously against the floor.

Illusive listens without interupting. He nods for fury to continue. He stares at him trying to hold in his questions. He is shaking with fright. Apparently he is still afraid of fury. He wants to give fury a chance, but he still doesn't see a reason fury isn't evil.

"So, I ended up in one of these things, right?" The Growlithe panted, his sense of the menacing presence still there. "The thing about these places- they try to bully you into forgetting who you are and were, make you focus on fights or thievery tasks more. Fighting for food, stealing for food, and all without a sane thought in our minds." He paused to take more breaths, reliving certain memories he didn't like.

Illusive backed away. He said" Are saying you tried to kill me because of past experiences causing you stress? Because if you are that won't help me trust you. It means even if you are a good Pokemon I still cannot trust that you won't hurt me. And it still doesn't explain about your friends trying to kill me. There isn't a reason like this for all of you. At least one of you must be evil. Which of you is it."

"It's hard for many people or pokemon to trust anyone." Fury blandly said, his breathing slowing down. "As for any of us being evil... not the Noctowl. You can trust her, she's a little flighty but good natured. Watch out for the Frogadier, though. He was traded to my trainer for an Espurr, but something is just off about him. Do you want me to leave now?" With the change of topic he rose to his paws, eager to return to his trainer and leave the dark type behind.

Illusive said" I mean I'm not opposed to you being here as long as you don't hurt me again. I just don't know for sure if you will. Our relationship has improved somewhat while we talked. Just a while ago I believed you were evil and wanted to kill me. Also thank you for the warning. You look really fluffy. You look like someone that would be fun to play with, but I don't think my family would like me playing with a hooman Pokemon."

Fury was somewhat confused by the compliment, and tilted his head to the side while considering what the Zoura had said. "I've got to go anyway, but thank you for the chance to redeem myself... and, uh, do you have a name? My old friends used to call me Fury."

Illusive said" I'm Illusive. Why would anyone name someone after a negative emotion. I feel sorry for you. Other Pokemon might assume you have a bad temper from your name. Bye furry." Illusive then realizes what he said. He said" I mean bye fury."

"They named me that because I was good at staying alive. Better than some of the other names, to be honest. Goodbye!" He barked, kicking aside the empty bottle of super potion and squirming past the Chandelure, following his nose to where he knew Damian would still be waiting.

Illusive followed fury until he saw fury exit out of the vent towards his trainer. He started to back away. He was now visible from outside the vent if you looked directly into it. He said" I guess that evil Frogsdier is out there. I should make sure they cannot grab me."

Damian stopped struggling with his decision of which pokemon to send out and gladly welcomed his Growlithe back, petting his head before digging in his bag. He had forgotten there was no food and sat with a frown on his face for a few seconds. Figuring that the Gengar wouldn't return for a while, he took out the water bottle.

As his trainer was drinking, Fury stole a quick glance back at Illusive, having known that the fox was following him but not saying anything about it. "Shade isn't out right now. You're safe." He whispered before turning his gaze back toward the human boy. Damian was now stowing his half-empty bottle of water away in the small supply bag.

Illusive slowly came out of the vent. He gazed at Damian curiously. He said in the Pokemon language" H-hello." He didn't realize that humans couldn't understand Pokemon. He was kinda nervous about Damian. His curiosity was stronger then his fear. He started to nuzzle fury. He said in the Pokemon language" You are fluffy. You are also really warm. You would be a nice blanket." He then tried to crawl under fury.

Damian smiled and waved at the little fox, miming a laugh at Illusive's friendliness to his Growlithe. Fury was more surprised by Illusive's action and skittered a few steps sideways before regaining his composure, still somewhat on edge about the situation. "Would you like to meet Noctowl?" The Growlithe asked politely, knowing that Illusive would likely be more at ease with her. Sure, she was more intimidating on first impression, but the two would likely get along after a few minutes. Besides, he was tired, and by the signs of it, his trainer was as well.

Illusive thought for a second. He then said" Yes please. As long as they don't try to kill me again." He then looked over at Damian and curiously sniffed him. He said" So that is what hoomans smell like."

Fury calmly walked up to his trainer, took Noctowl's pokeball off his belt and pressed down on the button. He stepped back as the red beam of light materialized into Noctowl, who peered in every direction until spotting Illusive. She gave a greeting hoot, slightly nervous about the fox but trusting that Fury knew what he was doing. "Careful, Illusive. Don't lose our trust now." The dog muttered, squinting his eyes.

Damian smiled tiredly and leaned against the wall, planning to take a rest now that the house seemed safer. To avoid frightening Illusive, he slowly put his hand on the ground, figuring that it would act similarly to a dog when presented with this gesture.

Illusive sniffed the noctowl. He said" Please don't hurt me. I want to learn to trust you. What is your name. Your feathers look really soft. Can I have a hug? Please please please." He stared at the noctowl with puppy dog eyes. He said" None of the other Pokemon here are fluffy."

Noctowl shifted onto one taloned foot, an old habit from her Hoothoot stage, and replied, "I don't want to hurt anyone. The Frogadier calls me Sharp, but... I don't really like that name." She stopped hooting to shudder and set her foot back down. "But yes, my feathers are soft, and you can have a hug." She unfolded her wings, leaning close to the ground to make the height difference less of a problem.
Fury sighed in relief and trotted to his master's side. He had planned to sit guard for the sleeping boy, but now that Noctowl could keep Illusive busy and ward off attackers, he could get some rest as well. The dog contently shut his eyes and began to make an odd sound between growling and snoring.

Illusive pressed into Sharp. He said" So soft. So warm. So safe. Perfect for sleep." Illusive's eyes began to droop. After about five minutes he fell asleep. He started sleep talking. He said in his sleep" mommy" and started to cling to her.

Sharp couldn't distinguish what Illusive was saying, or at least she pretended not to. At any rate, she glared at Fury for a moment, somewhat angry that the canine would slack off at this time. To compensate for Fury and her trainer resting, she retracted a wing to be a smaller target, still protecting Illusive with the other and keeping her watchful gaze on the walls and roof. However, nothing seemed to be out of place, the silence only broken by whatever Illusive was muttering and the Growlithe's snore-growling, although she might have sensed a scuffling noise from upstairs.

Shedinja hovered like a waft of smoke, yet unmoving, unblinking. Yet by some force it moves and lives. Its sheer existence is something so impossible but common. Perhaps too much so?
Its gaze fell on Sharp.

Yet, this all was in the shadows. As it crept through it, traveling through gazes and grips of darkness and uncertainty, its crusty figure became visible.

A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit. *

These legends crept through society, sending their grasping vines throughout peoples heads. It even landed into the Sinnoh Pokedex. Even Shedinja couldn't control this.

Shedinja stopped focusing on the unimportant Pokemon, at least thats how this cast of a being felt. His purpose and sanity, his mere morality has been frayed and torn apart through time like a weathered rock. Slowly eroding away, dust by dust, shard by shard. Until all that was left was a...

a shell.

*Credit: Pearl Pokedex

Sharp ruffled her feathers, using her extended wing to pull Illusive closer. The moment of peace had passed. Scanning the room once more, she discovered a floating bug shell, though whether it was alive or not was questionable. She uneasily reached out with a talon to poke Fury awake, poking the Growlithe harder when her first attempt failed. His growlish snoring ceased as he shot to his feet, first glancing at Damian in concern before giving Sharp a look that said, What's the problem? Instead of the bird answering verbally, she pointed her beak towards the Shedinja. Fury's eyes widened, and he opened his jaws in order to prepare a fire fang attack, embers flickering between his teeth.

Shedinja, you see, has very little cares in this very little world. In a world that from afar is simple a blip in a canvas. And in this little world it is still just a blip in a canvas, if even. So Shedinja kept floating. It thought to itself that flicker of light might be beautiful. MIGHT, it reminded itself. It couldn't get too attatched to anything, especially something as easily finite as a fire. Shedinja realized that perhaps those Pokemons' souls might be as finite as a fire, but perhaps realized would not be the word.

No, remembered.

Fury grinned wider when Shedinja stopped moving towards the small group. He edged forward, aiming to scare the floating shell away.

Meanwhile, Sharp had almost decided to wake the Zorua that was clinging to her foot. Seeing her teammate approach Shedinja increased her uneasiness. Unwilling to put Illusive in harm's way, she gently shoved him to lie next to Damian. To protect both, she stood between them and Shedinja, ready to react to any quick movements the shed pokemon made.

Shedinja looked down at the furious Fury. He wondered, then overcome with his slight curiosity, he wafted down to Fury. He simply asked, "What is your desire?" He had no exact purpose, and had no exact dreams in a very long, long time. This might be his only chance to find out something out of the ordinary. At least, he hoped so.

Jack decide to return his Volcarona and put her Pokeball back in his bag when Chandelure noticed the Pokemon who attack his tranier, so Chanderlure started charging Hyper Beam towards the Pokemon under the table as Jack was confused at his Pokemon.

Illusive started to have a nightmare. He dreamed that shade started to attack him. He started to cry in his sleep. He woke up and yelped in a panic. He looked around and saw shade wasn't out. He asked"Was that a dream? Why am I not next to mommy?" He then realized what he said. He said" I'm sorry miss noctowl. I didn't ask permission before I called you that." He then finally noticed the shedinja. He didn't seem afraid of the ghost. He probably assumed that it would probably not hurt him.

Flicker was hanging at the very top of the mansion. She could hear and see everything in the mansion, but all she was seen as was an unlit chandelier. A shadow. Nobody in the mansion has even seen her before. She hasn't lit a flame for 6 months. But it was almost time to do that. A shadow wafted past her, but she didn't care. She just hoped nobody would notice her flame. That was a very slight chance, though. She needed to even keep her flame lit as she went down to eat. Plus, her flame grows large. She lit the fire with her firepower, and the flames everywhere grew large. Everything was brighter now. She could see everything once again.

While Jack's Chandelure was Charging Hyper Beam. It noticed another Chandelure, Jack's quickly stoped Hyper Beam and stared at the Other Chandelure in Pure Confusion.

Flicker floated down to a secret berry farm to collect berries, as she noticed another Chandelure, stopping in her tracks. They stared at each other in confusion, wondering what to do next.