• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Groudon Blaze Cup

Ooc: Sorry about such a late post!

Bic: Max, after watching the battle, decided his Pokemon just weren't to the standards of everyone else's, so he sprinted to the Pokemon Center and took his name out. Guess I still might as well hang around.

Right as Max walked out the door, he saw two of the fellow trainers he watched the battle with. He recalled their names as Kai and Liam. He ran over to apologize for his absence and to see how the battle went.

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: Protect fails sometimes, don't try to hax this win man

"Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Wrap, Fire Fang." Jake said as his Pokemon quickly leapt away from the incoming Hydro Pump. He knew it was time to stop calling names, the string of commands relied on the sudden change of battle speed, and would only work against Pokemon without immense connection to their Pokemon.

Spikes launched a Sunny Day, ending the rain, then rapidly fired off a Solarbeam at full power, which made an audible crahs as it struck Empoleon's metallic body. Slithers wrapped himself around the incoming water jet before changing course and wrapping himself tightly around the Aura Pokemon, biting down with extreme force on her shoulder with fangs a flame once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What was your name again?" The kid asked Cerebus.
"Cerebus, Cerebus Kane." He replied and then patted the Ninetales on her head. "Quite a nice Ninetales you have, I have a Ninetales myself actually." Cerebus then said.

"Really? Cool (*sniggers at own pun*). I got Lillith as an egg from my sister, Flannery, do you know her? where'd you get your Ninetales, and could I see it?" Luke asked Cerebus, waiting for a reply.

Kai and liam started towards the pokemo centre to chat when suddenly a familiar face appeared infront of them. It was one of the trainers he talked to before the tournument.

"hi, whats was your name?" asked Liam as he and kai greeted the trainer.

Polly took the Solarbeam head on and went down. Lucy couldn't withstand the fire fang with her health so low either. Alex called them both back thinking, "Great! All Ive got left is terry and he's already lost energy thanks to that vulpix. Ugh, well, better to die on my feet than on my knees I guess. Terry, BLaze On!"
A bright flash of light from the pokeball revealed Alex's Torterra once more,"So I'm the last one? What a drag, I thought you'd have done a little better Alex."
"Just trust me,Now Earthquake!"
"On sandy ground like this it won't do anything..."
"Just do it!"

Terry reared back on his back legs and slammed his front legs into the ground. Instead of the normal earthshaking tremors the other pokemon sank a foot into the ground.
"Normally, if a pokemon were to use a move like earthquake here, the sand would just absorb the shock, but when there's enough water in the sand the force causes liqifaction resulting in, Pseudo-Sand tomb! Now terry synthesis then Yggdrasil eternal!!"

The leaves in Terry's tree began to glow white as he soaked up the amplified sun and turned into energy for himself. Then the leaves began glowing green as they fleww towards the opponent pokemon in a cyclone,Leaf storm. Finally Terry roared as through the storming leaves hundreds of root like vines whipped towards the Cacturne,Frenzy plant.

"Ofcourse I know Flannery, beat her after all." Cerebus said with a slight smile on his face. "And if you really wanna see my Ninetales, wait a sec okay."
Cerebus then ran of to the videophone thingie.
"Hey bro, can you send Ninetales over?"
"Sure Shorty, just send someone over."
"Okay, but take good care of Blaziken would ya?."
"Sure."

Cerebus then placed Blazikens pokéball in the machine and he waited a few minutes.

He then ran over to Luke.
"Okay, you ready? Go Ninetales."
Cerebus threw the Pokéball in the air and with a flash of red his shiny Ninetales appeared. He emidatlly looked over at Lillith, inspecting (couldent find the right word here) her.

Tailon

Gryffindork
"Dig, Fire Fang, Magic Bomb, Gunk Shot, Solarbeam." Jake commanded nearly under his breath.

The immense snake quickly dug himself entirely underground, avoiding the immense grass type attack, Spikes, meanwhile, launched her special combination, however, the counter wasn't completely effective, leaving the Cacturne fairly damaged. As the attack came to a close, the massive Cobra Pokemon shot out of the sand, mouth aflame, and bit down on the back of the tortoise's head, he then pulled his head back and launched a mighty stream of poisonous goo onto the Pokemon's head, while Spikes launched a Solarbeam, and then fell, fainted.

"our battle was really close" said liam "but it came ti a win for me, however we were both down to one pokemon at the end." "I hear you have pulled out of the tourney, why?" asked Liam.

"Wow... Just, wow." Luke said looking in astonishment at the Ninetales. Lillith's eyes opened wide at the shiny Ninetales.
she said, looking at the silver and blue fox pokemon, she asked the Ninetales.
"Hey, I have an idea!" Luke exclaimed, "After I heal my pokemon, why don't we have a non-qualifying one-on-one battle between or Ninetales! Are you up for it?"

As Terry was slammed by the three attacks, it was more than he could take as he went down.
"I-I lost? Oh well you did great guys." Alex said solemnly as he called Terry back. He sighed, his brother would never let him live this one down. Alex threw another pokeball and called Carly out," Hey you need a ride? I'm headed to the pokemon center."

((OOC:I changed the after I realized that,after the math, There's no way my Torterra would stand up to the last attack. Sorry Tailon.))

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: No problem, trust me.

Jake walked across the field, and shook the trainer's hand. "No need for a ride, but we can fly back" Jake replied to the boy's offer as he tossed a Pokeball, revealing his heavily injured Aerodactyl, whom he fed a revival herb, causing her to instantly spring back up. "This is Soar, she's my ride." Jake said as he took a book from his bag and clambered onto the Fossil Pokemon's back.

As they began to take off, Soar addressed her fellow flying type. the Fossil Pokemon querried. Though she was a powerful battler, she was often shy with other Pokemon, usually not addressing them at all for fear of being attacked if she said the wrong thing.

"I wanted to battle you too," replied Kai. "Well, I want to see my Pokemon at full strength, so see ya guys later." Kai headed to the Pokemon Center.

After entering through the automatic doors, Kai handed his Poke Balls to the nurse.

"Would you mind healing my Pokemon, please?"

"Certainly."

Kai walked to the waiting room to go over his loss while he was waiting for his Pokemon.

"Hey, I have an idea!" Luke exclaimed, "After I heal my pokemon, why don't we have a non-qualifying one-on-one battle between or Ninetales! Are you up for it?"
"Sure, its been a while since i fought with her, hope you are ready to lose."

"Pleasure to meet you! My trainers call me Carly, and theres no need to be so nervous dear. I'm sorry if Alex was to rough on you during the battle."

Alex had Carly bank over to the Aerodactyl," Hey jake, Where'd you learn to battle like that? I couldn't keep up with you at all. Oh by the way, you wouldn't happen to have anything in that book about Gyarados would you?"Carly turned away from her conversation with the Aerodactyl," Alex, don't pester the boy."

OoC: Apologise for not being included in the first round - I've really have been tied up in my schedule, looks like I'm going to have to make some sorta excuse for Daiko xD

BiC: Daiko watched as Jake wandered off to get prepared for his battle, as he saw Flannery dissapear after her announcement.

Flannery, huh? It's been a while since I saw her, I think she knew Winona some way or another, but I dunno. Best get going to the Pokemon center, these guys need some healing...

As soon as Daiko arrrived, he handed his Pokeballs to the the lady at the counter and slouched into a chair, thinking of the battle he just had. Jake was really something. Just then he glanced to the right and saw a Jigglypuff, smiling at Daiko as it walked over. Daiko looked in confusion at first, but grinned back, leaning over and petting it on the top of it's head. The Jigglypuff instantly puffed up in rage, and jumped onto Daiko, using it's Sing attack. Daiko's eyelids became heavy, as he fell into a deep sleep...

---

Daiko got up fast. He could remember he had been put to sleep by a Kigglypuff, but he didn't know how long he'd been asleep. He dashed over to a random trainer in haste, asking him what had happened in the Blaze Cup. The trainer told him what had happened so far, as he cired out in annoyance, dashing out towards the Trainers Liam and Max, looking at both of them, still in a state of shock.

"You guys! Please don't tell me I can't battle since I was...Delayed! I've missed one battle but-"

Daiko scanned his left leg as he realised he forgot his Pokeballs.

"- Hold on a moment."

Daiko ran back into the Center and returned, colourful varieties of Pokeballs and his ball holder before continued.

"So, is it still safe for me to battle?"

Tailon

Gryffindork
"Gyarados? Erm," Jake muttered as he reached into his pack "Yeah, here's one on Magikarp and Gyarados. As for my battling, I used a basic quick strategy I learned from school, but after 5 years with the same Pokemon, you learn to understand exactly what they're capable of, and they learn what you mean when you call a command." As Jake finished, he saw the Charizard turn her head toward the boy and apparently berate him. Jake tapped Soar on the side, indicating he had no problem with the question.

Soar said to the larger Pokemon as they approached the Pokemon center and made their landing. Jake recalled the Fossil Pokemon and said, "It's been nice talking to you, let's head into the Center." As he stepped inside, Jake saw Daiko looking quite distressed, talking to Max and a trainer he had not yet met. "Daiko! What seems to be the problem?" Jake queried as he walked up to the trainer

As alex and Carly walked into the center behind Jake, he saw the trainer that was battling with jake on Mt. chimeney looking very distressed. Alex was walking over when he noticed they were with a couple of other trainers and stopped,"Uh...Carly why don't we just heal up and go home."
Carly gave him a strange look,"Since when are you self conscious Alex?"
Alex sighed,"I'm a kid carrying a sword on his back and a scarred up eye. I don't exactly fit in okay?"
"Oh Alex, I've never met anyone as sure of themselves as you. Now go over there and say hello."
Alex smiled "Okay but you still have to apologize to that Daiko guy."

As Alex walked over to introduce himself, a tournament official came up to the group of trainers and said," I'm looking for a boy called Daiko? Yes, I'd like to inform you that you've been selected for the direct by into the semi-finals."
((OOC:Daiko, hope that helps! ;D ))

"Excellent, come in with me to the Pokémon Centre and we can talk while Tom and Tim are healing. By the way where are you from? This is my hometown but I currently live in the sinnoh region in a place called Sunyshore City. Heard of it?" Luke asked, rambling on as per usual. "Oh, and by the way, you're the one that's going to lose, Lillith and I are virtually unbeatable!" Lillith nodded her head in agreement.

Daiko turned to Jake in depression and replied,

"Argh, Jake... It's terrible! I was put to sleep by a Jigglypuff, and then... I'm not sure whether I'll be able to battle!"

Daiko almost fell apart. He was really looking forward to battling everyone, but just then, a Tournament official walked up to Daiko, confirming he was going to be put straight into the semi-finals. Leaping up with joy, he ran up to the official and shook her silly with joy.

"Thanks, man! It looks like all of that battling really paid off!" He turned around, his eyes glinting as he murmured to himself.

"This is great! Finally, I'm being recognised as a powerful Trainer!"

He turned, calm again whilst grinning and querying her.

"So, do you know who I'm battling?"

"Excellent, come in with me to the Pokémon Centre and we can talk while Tom and Tim are healing. By the way where are you from? This is my hometown but I currently live in the sinnoh region in a place called Sunyshore City. Heard of it?"
"The road is where I live, but if you are interested, my hometown is Sandgem town, havent been there in a while though."

Nolan was finally able to breath and see again. Even this wouldn't help him in this situation at all. Vybuch had just fainted and Zdani is taking alot of damage.

"Vybuch, return" Nolan bit is tongue, he wasn't sure what to do. After blanking out for a second or two, he had an idea.

"Zdani, endure that blizzard. When it's done, attack with Parasite" Zdani nodded and took the harsh wind, sharp shards, and cold air in. Suddenly the harsh storm ended and he went into position. Around seven copies of himself appeared. Zdani took aim and fired. At this point, he could care less whether or not Nolan would win his battle. Chances were that he wouldn't anyway. Nolan also felt this way, but tried to think about winning instead.

Rex

Resident Furry
The Lava Plume had succeeded where the Hyper Beam had failed, finally defeating the Exploud. The Cradily would have to continue alone. The Pokemon was able to endure Seth's blizzard, and attacked with another Double Team Giga Drain combination. There was a one in eight chance that the attack would hit one of his Pokemon. Even at those odds, Tony didn't want to risk Seth being hit by the super-effective move.

"Seth, Protect," Tony called.

The Buizel frowned, and crossed his arms, but the green barrier sprang up, stopping the attack from hitting him. Flynt was a different story, the attacks connected with him. Tony had no idea if one of the attacks were the real one or not, and no time to find out.

"Flynt, Eruption!" Tony called.

The middle of the field suddenly burst open, spewing boulders and lava around the battlefield. Seth was protected from the attack thanks to his barrier, but the Cradily was wide open.

Right in the middle of his conversation, another trainer butted in and was yelling random nonsense about not being able to battle. Max then realized that this man needed an opponent. He rushed over to the nurse to work things out.

With things set straight, Max went over to the trainer to introduce himself. He arrived just in time to hear him say "So, do you know who I'm battling?"
"Me."replied Max, " The name is Max. Hope your ready for the battle of your life!" Bulbasaur let out a victory cry.

OOC:Had to rewrite this one too...god i hate windows seven...

Zdani had failed to accumulate any HP back. All the false ones hit Flynt, and the actual attack was blocked by Seth. It looked as if they were all battling on top of Mt.Chimney, which was not too far from here. A good potion of the field was covered in lava and Nolan began to experience trouble with breathing again. Rocks and boulders were flying by everywhere, they were almost inavoidable.

"Use Endure, then use Ingrain and Solar Beam" Zdani reroot himself into the the now burning hot ground, and looked to the sun while taking in damage from his opponent's attack.

Rex

Resident Furry
The Cradily was preparing another Solar Beam. It would need some time to charge, though, seeing as how the sunlight hadn't completely returned. Lava and boulders were still raining down from Flynt's Eruption. The Cradily was continuing to Endure the attack, and had once again planted it's roots with Ingrain. It couldn't move, so now was the perfect time to attack.

"Flynt, Lava Plume!" Tony called.

Once again, lava welled to the surface, this time underneath the Cradily. The fountain erupted, once again sending lava flying into the air.

OOC: Boy am I in some deep shit xD At this point I can't really can't do anything

With less than half his HP left, Zdani kept taking the pelting of rocks and boulders. But then, suddenly, a burst of lava erupted from underneath him. This did three things at once, burn Zdani's roots, cut him off from the sunlight, and HEAVILY damaged him. Zdani was in critical condition, one more attack and he would be finished. If he hadn't used ingrain, Nolan would have lost the battle right here. He wasn't counting on it.

"Zdani, rock polish, then stock pile and wring out..." Zdani nodded, half dazed, and half confused. He took the sitrus berry he was holding, and placed it in his mouth. Wring out is a special attack, the higher the opponent's HP is, the more damage they'll take. In this situation, the opponent had not taken any damage at all so far. With his increased speed, Zdani raced over to the other side to crush either one of his opponent's heads.

Rex

Resident Furry
The Cradily Stockpiled a Sitrus berry, then rushed Tony's Pokemon with Wring Out, it's speed aided by Rock Polish. This might be his chance. Seth was still in his barrier, seeing as how no real attacks had shattered it. Which meant that the Cradily would most likely go for Flynt, so he could inflict some damage.

"Rain Dance, Seth," Tony called.

The Buizel nodded, and within moments, all hints of sunlight were gone, replaced by a steady rain. The rain did weaken Flynt considerably, but increased Seth's speed and power.

"Flynt, Endure, just in case," Tony called, "Seth, Frozen Vortex, then Endure."

The Quilava braced itself for the Cradily's attack, while the Buizel rushed to meet the Cradily. On the why there he created another Whirlpool, which merged with the first one. As soon as the Whirlpool was in front of the Cradily Seth shot an Ice Beam at it, freezing it. The frozen Whirlpool stood as one of the last lines of defense before an opponent could get to Tony's Pokemon.

OOC: Just how big is this vortex, I mean there has to be a way around it...

"STOP!" Zdani blinked and came to a screeching hault, slightly bumping into the icy wall.

"Use rock polish again and go around it" Zdani's speed doubled again, he raced around the frozen object created infront of him, and headed for Flynt.

Rex

Resident Furry
OoC: the Vortex is small, you can easily go around it.

BiC: "Flynt, Protect," Tony called.

The familiar green barrier formed around the Quilava. It was the last line of defense for the Pokemon.

"Seth, Surf!"

A tidal wave formed behind the Buizel, and flew at the Cradily. Tony still had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Daiko looked down at the Trainer called Max, replying with a friendly grin.

"Oh, I like a Trainer with confidence! The name's Daiko Storm, but you can call me Daiko. So, A double battle, huh? Shall we go to the forest area and get this battle on the go?"

---

Upon reaching the forest near Lavaridge town, Daiko found the battle arena with Max. Daiko took his postion on the battlefield, as he grabbed two Pokeballs from his belt and threw them out, sending out his two speed focused Pokemon, Swellow and Ninjask. Both of them waiting in the same spot until further commands.

"Right then, shall we commence, Max?"

As Alex approached Daiko to introduce himself, the trainer Alex had raced to Mt.Chimeney challenged him to a battle and Alex missed his chance. "What do you want to do now?"
A voice called over the intercom that his pokemon were ready and Alex grabbed the pokeballs and went outside. "There's one other trainer I want to battle"
Alex was thinking about the trainer that had flown off on a Flygon. He hadn't seen a trainer with a Flygon for a while and was hoping to see who was stronger.

Alex called out Gabe and Lucy and bought some food for them. Alex sat down to watch the last few battles going on and saw a red Lucario belonging to the Tratner he was waiting for. "Man, this is going to be a fun battle."
Lucy looked up and saw the battle," So you want to battle him?"
"Yup, you and Gabe one more time. Hey, Lucy what's wrong?"
She hadn't stopped staring at the screen.
"There's something different about that guy's Aura, but I can't figure it out from here."

Max wandered up to the Forest arena with the boy who introduced himself as Daiko. He took his position on the field and watched in awe as his opponent threw two Pokeballs that materialized into a Swellow and Ninjask.
"So you want a flyer, huh? Go Honchkrow. Now for speed. Arcanine, lets get some! Your move Daiko."

Only one thought flew into Nolan's mind. He'd lost. Zdani slammed into a the green barrier and collapsed. He was still breathing, but only until Seth's wave made contact. Nolan shrugged his defeat off and grinned.

"Zdani, nicely done" He quickly returned to his pokeball.

"so I guess you win then, pretty good battle if you ask me"

Rex

Resident Furry
Tony sighed, he'd done it. The Cradily had smashed into Flynt's Protect, stunning it long enough for Seth's wave to finish it. The barrier surrounding the Quilava shattered, destroyed by the combined powers of Wring Out and Surf. Tony returned Flynt and Seth to their Poke Balls, and called out Blitz.

"Yeah, great battle, you need a ride back?" Tony asked the boy.

Rex

Resident Furry
"Yup," Tony nodded.

He climbed onto Blitz's back, moving onto the Flygon's left side.

"Hook your arm around his neck, then hold on!" he called back to the boy.