• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Snowburg Love Festival! {RP}

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
"Yup..." Pepper answered shortly. And with that, he took the lead towards the ceremony grounds, leaving his usual trail of melted snow behind him.

Ainsley smiled at the others and limped enthusiastically--or at least as enthusiastic as a limp could be--as he made his way after Pepper. "C'mon guys!" He called to them, making sure no one was left behind.

Divebomb smiled at all the friendly faces that just seemed to accept him, even after his rather unusual entrance. It warmed his heart to know there were still genuinely kind pokemon around, even if they were far and few in between. He was hoping this festival would further prove that thought... And also lead him to another epic prank. "Alrighty then!" He cheered, throwing a wing around Eros. "Let's go find us some soulmates, eh?" He chuckled before following the others.

Alaf nodded. Although the Umbreon was friendly and seemed like a good friend, he did not trust him enough to tell him his deeper fears. The Leafeon looked at the time. "Um, are we supposed to be there at a certain time for the opening of the festival? I mean I've never been to this before and I kinda read up on it due to my partners pestering me about coming here."

Alaf shrugged. "I-I was kinda forced to come here by my friends. B-but in the spirit of the season and the f-festival, I-I guess I could try to m-meet a 'special someone'. However, I-I doubt she w-would be interested in me. I-I mean, being one of the developers for a video game is the only thing I have going for me. I-I have z-zero confidence, I-I can barely t-talk to anyone, I-I stutter nonstop, and I-I am so aw-awkward around all other Pokemon, n-not just females. I-I guess some Pokemon are just meant to be alone." Alaf looked down at his paws as he said the last part. He wished that he was more assertive like his parents told him to be, but he could never talk to anyone without looking at his paws and stutter.

Eros blinked in surprise when Divebomb curled a wing around him, but quickly relaxed into the gesture and happily followed the others to the ceremony grounds.

At the mention of the word “soulmate” again, the Hakamo-o flushed a bit. He couldn’t deny the premise sounded just a little exiting, but nerve wracking as well. Eros had a tendency to become flustered at the mere mention of romance. ‘Finding a soulmate is going be easier said than done.’ He reminded himself.

Lacy had been wandering the stalls for a while, and was quite proud of her haul of purchases so far. She had bought a fluffy white scarf (hand-crafted according to it’s vendor), and a small coffee that she was sipping absently at. As she padded through the soft snowfall towards the center of Snowburg, hardly paying attention to where she was going, Lacy was imagining enchanting scenarios wherein her perfect soulmate arrived, flowers and wedding ring in hand to sweep her off her feet. ‘Oh, if only.’ She sighed to herself, dreamily.

Last edited:

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"You could try, but he'll never learn. I honestly don't blame him, we had a rough childhood..." Cosmos shook his head. "Anyways, I think we should head over to the ruins, the ceremony is starting soon."
-
Star was out in the orchards with a basket, the sun beating down harshly on his brown fur. He was picking oran berries. He had to, or he couldn't eat dinner that night. He was all alone, no other Pokemon was around for quite a distance. He was just picking and picking and picking. His legs were extremly stiff and sore now but he just had a few more trees...

Starlight woke up in a cold sweat, laying spread out on some bench. "Huh? I thought I was picking berries. That was probably a dream..." Starlight muttered as he sat up and got his phone out of a plain tan rupsack. It said that is was just after twelve, the Ceremony was at 1:00, so starlight got his stuff, rubbed his eyes, and set off, occasionally checking his phone to find the way.

"Yeah I guess your right. He might have a good reason he is like that, but he still should not take it out on you. You gave up your room for him. He should be at least a little thankful for that. You deserve better then that. Come on lets get going." Sam walked with Cosmos to the ruins where the ceremony will be held.

"I am sure the right girl will come along eventually. Me I am waiting for my prince to show up. It is kind of hard to find in place with so few people. I bet you will find her here. Heck she maybe looking for someone like you now. You are a sweet guy Alaf. You did not take all of the credit for the game when I started to praise you for it. It shows that you care about others. When the right girl sees that then she will sure enough fall for you in no time." Umbre hoped the guy would see what he saw in him. If the was not straight he would have tried his hand with the dude.

Aisa slowly ambled over to the ceremonial grounds. She was still a bit early, so she looked down the road for a few minutes before she saw Dania and Benji. She walked out to meet them, and they all greeted each other cheerfully. They began to chat as they found a good place to sit during the ceremony.

“How was your morning, Aisa?”

The Flareon queried as she sat down. Benji sat down on one side of her, and Aisa on the other side.

“Hm... it was fine. Spent the morning relaxing and browsing the stalls.”

“Lucky you. We did get to sleep in, but we still had to do some baking this morning. Free dessert on opening day of festival. And on Valentines Day we will have special cupcakes for couples, those are always fun to make.”

Last edited:

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"I guess your right..." Cosmos responded as he walked alongside Sam. "He had it the hardest out of all of us. He was the oldest sibling and dad was always breathing down his neck. I barely saw him that's how much he was out in the fields." Cosmos felt a little relieved to at least tell someone what his life was like. "He's harsh but I think he really cares deep down in there somewhere."

Starlight finally made it to the old castle where the ceremony would take place, found a spot and plopped himself down. "I'm way too tired for this garbage..." he muttered to himself.

Sam was lost in thought as Cosmos revealed a part of himself and his brother. They must have had it rough if he is like he is. Maybe we should give him a break. "Ok I won't do anything drastically bad. Though if both of you have had it rough then he needs to calm and try to be more understanding."

As Colin calmly walked around the square, he picked up his phone to see that he got another text from his cousin. 'I almost forgot to tell you! There's a ceremony thing that happens to start the event, it's done at the ruins north of the town, I recommend you go there ASAP.' Colin raised an eyebrow and shrugged as he put his phone away before he turned to walk over to said destination, his cloak kept his mostly warm through the cold air within Snowburg and he showed a small smile when he saw the ruins up ahead.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Well I'm the youngest of the lot, I had it easy compared to him. My parents mostly left me alone except for the occasional rant about me being shiny. He just... has a lot on his chest right now. Anyways, I think we're almost there!" Cosmos could see some castle slowly fade into view, an obvious sign they were close.

"If you ever need to talk about the past I am here for you. Just know that you are not alone in this. I will do my best to make sure you feel safe here in this town." Sam hoped that things would get better for the blue boi. He deserves better.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Thanks, but I don't feel like rambling about my life haha." Cosmos jokingly responded. "I wonder what they actually do in this ceremony. I have no clue what's actually gonna go on." Cosmos and Sam eventually made their way to the castle ruins. "It looks like we are here!"

"Well maybe I like to hear you ramble. You are cute that way." Sam smirked and nudged Cosmos' shoulder. "I guess you will see. They change it up a little bit every year though the princable stays the same. Yeah we are here."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"C-cute? No one's said me rambling on and on is cute before~" Cosmos smiled and blushed a little. No one really said he was cute in general. People always said he was weird for being shiny. "I guess we should find a place to lay or sit down and watch the ceremony."

"Well come on. I know this one spot. I found it when I was just an Eevee. We can watch from there." Sam led Cosmos to a discreet cornor of the ruins. He found a small passage that both of them barely fit through. It came to a flight of stairs that were solid stone. It had one turn and comes out to a wide balcony. There was a bench that was surrounded by a stone arch. The arch had been taken over by vines of red roses. The bench is the same way but less so. "This is where I come every year to watch the opening speech."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
Cosmos made it through quite easily due to his smaller frame but could easily imagine how slightly larger Pokemon wouldn't fit at all. When the blue boi saw the bench and the view and the roses and thought it was very romantic. "How'd you even find this spot, it's so... romantic and beautiful."

"Well when I was just a small little eevee my parent would come here to watch this opening. They would let me run around and play. Well one day this mean pokemon tried to chase me. Well I ran to the first big crack I could find that I fit through. Well I learned later on that the passage led up here. This is one of the best spots to sit. I am glad you think it is romantic. I have been wanting to share it with someone for a long time. You are the first person I brought up here. Come lets sit on the bench and watch the speeches." Sam led Cosmos to the bench and let him sit first. He then took the seat that blue boi did not take.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Well this is definitely the coolest spot, thanks for sharing with me." Cosmos sat down on the left. "Well the roses cement the idea of it being romantic, for sure. This would be a great spot to take a date and watch the sunset." Cosmos smiled.

"Maybe I will take you back here later. We can watch the fireworks that they shoot off for the first day of the festival. I would love to share it with you." Sam smiled and leaned over to Blue boi's ear and whispered. "Besides it will be cute seeing you in starlight was one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Awww, stop it you! You're making me blush!~" The blue boi giggled. His usually white cheeks were now very very red. He nudged Sam's shoulder. "Y-your not too bad looking yourself!~"

"When's this damn thing gonna start?" Starlight scoffed. "It's been ages. Maybe I should go see if that Glaceon from earlier is around here." Star slowly got up and headed in a random direction.

The Snowburg ruins came slowly into Lacy’s view, a few Pokémon had already begun to gather. Once arrived, she took a spot inside a stone alcove in the ruin walls, settling down to view the opening remarks. She continued to nurse her coffee as she watched the ebbing crowds of Pokémon filling in.

Lacy couldn’t help but wonder how Eros was faring, and felt only a little guilty to have left him alone. ‘He will be fine’ she decided. ‘It will be good for him to meet some new Pokémon.’ Even so, she remembered that Eros had had some unsavory relationship experiences in the past, to say the least. Shaking her head, she did her best to keep a clear head. She couldn’t enjoy the festival if she spent the whole time worrying.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Oh, you!~" Cosmos nuzzled up against Sams side and wrapped a feeler over his shoulder. "You're making me redder than a tamato berry!" Cosmos chuckled, though he was a tad embarrassed and nervous for a reason he didn't know. "You drive me wild, Sam~" Cosmos was really thanking himself now for making the decision to come to the festival.

Alaf smiled. "T-thanks, and I bet you can find someone as well. You are super supportive, um wait! I-I don't know your name yet." He chuckled nervously. "Silly me for not asking. Anyway, you really are a good friend. Well, I think we are friends." Alaf refused to look up in embarrassment. He did not even know this Pokemon's name and he was calling him a friend? What kind of freak did he sound like?

"I am glad you came here as well. I would just be doing the same thing I have always down. I would each year watch everyone else find their love, but it all felt like a dream for me. That was until I met you." Sam looked over to Cosmos. He looked cuted when he blushed like he did.

"Oh I am sorry I thought I told you my name. I guess I got sidetracked by the fact you help create one of my favorite games. My name is Umbre." Umbre looked a little bashful that he forgot to introduce himself. "Anyway thank you fir saying the nice things about me. I do hope to meet my special someone soon." Umbre led the way to the ruins. When he got there he made sure to sit close to the Glaceon about one pokemon space away. He hoped to get Aisa and Alaf to talk. "Hey Aisa, this is Alaf. Alaf this Aisa. She works that Ice Cube Cafe. She is an amazing waitress."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Awwwwwww~ I thought I was the cute one here!" Cosmos smiled at Sam. That was an amazing way to confess your feelings. "I had a strange feeling I never had when I was around you, now I know that the feeling was love. I love you too, Sam~" Cosmos was basically snuggling Sam at this point.

Starlight aimlessly wandered around when he could spot, high up and far away, Cosmos. He was with someone else, and they were cuddling? Starlight scoffed. His brother found someone he loved almost right away, and all Starlight had was an awkward encounter with one of the opposite gender. He sighed. Starlight knew it wasn't the blue boi's fault for anything but he was just so tired and annoyed.

Alaf looked at Aisa. "Oh, um, hey. I think I saw you yesterday there. Um, you-you were very busy, and I-I think you did a good job. I-I mean, you got to ev-everyone, right?" Alaf knew he made this awkward. He sat down and looked away from Aisa. He had to admit, this was one of his worse interactions with a girl. He just never knew what to talk about. He did not want to seem overly-weird to her when they just met. Well, they met yesterday, but this is them meeting in a non-business way. At least that was his thought process.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"I'm glad too~" Cosmos loved the feeling when Sam kissed him. It made him feel ecstatic. "You're the most pleasant guy I've had the pleasure to be around!~" Cosmos looked down at the growing crowd and also saw a few Pokemon in special outfits setting up things. The ceremony was about to start.

Starlight stopped watching Cosmos. He knew it was creepy and it would only make him jealous. So he settled down to watch the ceremony. Star hoped he would find the love of his life sometime during these 14 days.

Aisa smiled at the compliment. She remembered this one, the one who asked for directions.

“Hey, Thanks! Did you find your hotel?”

She looked over to the Leafeon, casually noting he seemed nervous.

“Are you all excited for the festival to start?”

Dania looked over as well, saying nothing. Benji was fiddling with something in his hands, but it was hard to see what it was.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Ainsley admired the pretty decorations as him and the group approached the ruins, waving to friendly faces they'd met on the way. He was very much enjoying the good vibes he was getting from everyone. He felt alive. Truly alive, for the first time in a long time. It made his heart swell with appreciation, and he just couldn't stop smiling.

Meanwhile, Pepper was trying to maneuver around random pokemon to get a better spot, not bothering to stop to apologize or excuse himself; true Pepper fashion.
Divebomb, on the other hand, could easily see over most of the crowd. His eyes scanned his surroundings with curious delight.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve had a better idea for how to see over the crowd. She used Sappy Seed, creating a large grassy stalk about ten feet tall. She sat on top of it, climbing it with ease.
Smiling brightly, she called down to Ainsley and Pepper.
“Hey down there!” she called teasingly.

Aisa wasn’t really sure how to respond to the problem-with-crowds part, so she was silent for a moment, her tail twitching back and forth. Dania sighed and spoke up.

“The ceremony should be starting pretty soon. I’m not sure whether I’d rather it start now so I don’t have to wait, or if I’d rather it not start so I can just relax here for a while.”

Benji was still fiddling around with something. Aisa looked at Alaf curiously. She wondered why he was so nervous... was it because of the crowds? There weren’t to many people just here, things were pretty spread out. She suddenly found herself yawning, her tongue curling out as usual.

"I can not wait to see what you think of the festival. There are many things we can do. I am glad I get to share them with you." Sam snuggled up to Cosmos. He loved the feel of the blue boi next to him.

Umbre smiled at Alaf. "Aisa did you know that Alaf here is one of the creaters of one of my favorite games? He with the help of his friends made a horror game that is world known. You should ask him about it."

Aisa didn't have any electronics and barely knew anything about video games, so this was not a subject she knew much about.

"Oh, that's really cool! So... how does a horror game work? I don't have a phone or a computer so I don't know much about video games..."

The Glaceon was actually interested. She liked what little snippets she had heard of video games from customers at Ice Cube Cafe, but had never had a chance to try them herself. Benji looked up from what he was doing.

"You mean A Human Among Us? I liked that game. Used to play before I moved up here."

Last edited:
"Um, yeah, I did do the coding, that's all." Alaf looked much more relaxed as he directed his attention to Aisa. "And a horror game is a scary game. Um, it usually has creepy music and graphics. However, for A Human Among Us, we did a normal, but slightly unsettling feel. Well, we did throw in a few jumpscares, but it was mostly atmosphere instead of shock. Unlike most horror games today. Also, you don't have to like it, Asia, it was my friend's project anyway." Alaf had a huge smile on his face as he said the last part. "Oh! We are making a new game, no it is not horror, no I cannot give story details."