• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Snowburg Love Festival! {RP}

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"That's kind of you-" Cosmos was gonna finish his sentence before his phone rang. He knew exactly who it was. "I'm sorry, I gotta take this, I'll be right back." Cosmos quickly rushed out the door and answered the phone.

"Hello-" Cosmos was again, interrupted.
"Shut it gay boy, I hate your voice. ANYWAYS, I'm almost there." Starlight was very peeved.
"You what?"
"Are you deaf? I said I'm almost there!"
"How's that even-" Cosmos was again, interrupted.
"I told you to shut it, so shut up already! Sheesh! You're always whining constantly!" Starlight was now even more peeved. Cosmos said nothing. "You better let me share your room, I can't afford one!"
"Dad gives you money all the-" Cosmos's voice trembled.
"SHUT UP! If you whine like that all around me no girl would ever date me! You hear me?! God, I can't stand you! I'm starting to think you should sleep on the street tonight! I'll be here before the opening ceremony, meet me at the hotel then, and you BETTER be there!" Starlight hung up and the phone clicked.

Cosmos sighed, a tear welled up in his right eye. "W-why's he always like that?" He mumbled to himself. "He's s-so selfish." Cosmos took a few deep breaths and wiped his eye before heading inside, shakily. "Hey, I'm back..." He mumbled to Sam.

Alaf looked down as he mumbled, "A-alaf." He wasn't sure if the Umbreon heard him or not. If he did, then he would respond using his name, if not he would ask for him to speak up. For a fleeting second, he considered on asking if he knew the game he helped develop. However, not all Pokemon were gamers, and if he started to talk about his game, he might come off as narcissistic.

Sam saw the look of Cosmos as he he returned from the call. He took a muffin and a glass of milk and sat them in front of the blue boi. "Here this might help ease some of the pain. I am here if you ever need to talk about anything. I do not mind."

Umbre looked to Alaf. Where had he heard that name from. "Hey are you like a famous game developer. If you are who I think you are then you designed the game "A Human is Among Us"." Umbre hoped he did not offend the guy. He really just liked his content in games.

Alaf looked down and smiled, not used to praise from a total stranger. "T-thanks," he said, "but I didn't do it alone. It was a small group of five. I just did the coding along with Rira." He knew that he could not take all the credit for something that was a group project, this was their game as much as his. "We are making a new game. I will not spoil any of the details, but maybe check out our fundraiser? If we reach our goal, then we can make a new game."

Sam smiled at Cosmos. "Not every pain is visable. Some pain comes from other places as well." Sam walked over to Cosmos and nudged him as he said thanks. "You are welcome. What are friends for."

Umbre smiled. He was right. "Well I will defently check it out. I will be glad to support some of the most creative and well thought put game I have seen in a long time. I know it is not just one person doing it all, that would be way too much work for one person to handle."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
Cosmos smiled and blushed a little. "Oh yeah, you're a psychic type. You could probably sense what I'm feeling or something, right?" Cosmos finished the muffin. "You truly are a life-saver, Sam." Cosmos knew Sam for less than a day but already knew they would be great friends.

"You would have to thank Dawn for that," he said as he smiled. "She was the one who took care of the story and puzzles. I can remember her pinning pages to the wall saying 'what would make sense, but won't be obvious?' I helped her out a few times when she requested it." Alaf smiled at the thought of the Espeon that loved gaming as much as he did and who always loved to use logic to overcome all of her obstacles. She of course, already had a boyfriend. But he never thought of her more than a friend though, she was just one of his best friends.

qlovers

Previously pæstella
Phoenix stood around, feeling like an outcast. She really missed Jasper, who was her best friend. She tried to look on the bright side. Maybe this is an opportunity to make new friends? she thought. She knew that the Ice Cube Café wouldn't open until the ceremony and she didn't know any other places in Snowburg besides the café.

"Yeah when someone is projecting their feelings it id kind of hard not feel them." Sam smiled at Cosmos. "Don't worry I won't use my powers for evil. Well too much anyway." Sam had a devious smirk on his face.

"Well still I am glad that you put the game out there. It was a lot of fun to play. If you say Dawn was the one that I need to think for the story then you need to pass on my thanks for me. I would if I could." Umbre smiled at Alaf. "If you want to I know this small cafe that is open before the ceremony. Not many run before the festival starts. It would get you out of the cold."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Well I'd hope so." Cosmos smiled back at Sam. He remembered about the opening ceremony and checked the time. 11:20. "Hey, doesn't that ceremony start sometime after twelve? Do you know how long it takes to get to the ruins on the hill?" The ruins Cosmos was talking about was of course the Castle upon Ice Rock which is close to the well known Ice Rock. It used to be a castle for the royals of the small kingdom that existed here long, long ago, and a fort to protect the kingdom's borders.

Aisa had sat around the statue for a minute or two longer before shaking off the memories, and the snow, and continuing to look around. She trotted from stall to stall, looking at the different things available for purchase but finding nothing that suited her. This took longer than it seemed, and the sun rose to a late morning position before she was done looking around. She did end up buying a Frosted Lum-ade (Lum Berry? Equivalent of a lemon?) at a stall. She found a bench and began to sip it. There was still time before she needed to get going...

Alaf smiled. "Thanks, for the second time today. And I'll be sure to let Dawn know. Her head is going to grow though, big ego that Espeon has." He chuckled at what he thought Dawn's reaction was going to be. The Dawn he knew would soak up the praise and use it against him for his story for the next game. "Oh! The next game we are working on will not be horror, and I will be writing it, with Dawn's advice of course. And to get out of the cold would be nice."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
Starlight finally arrived, tired and sleep deprived, in Snowburg. Starlight scoffed at the fact that he had to go meet Cosmos in person. Cosmos just pushed all of his buttons. He carried his suitcase by walking backwards with the handle in his mouth, and he tried not to look stupid. He reached the Cozy Cabins Inn and entered, but he was no where near. "Ugh! He doesn't even show up!" He muttered to himself. Starlight pulled out an old phone with no case and called Cosmos.

Cosmos's phone rang again. "I think my brother's calling again, one sec-" Cosmos said to Sam, preparing himself to talk to Starlight again as he stepped out the door and answered.

Before he could speak, Starlight spoke. "YOU. AREN'T. HERE!"
"Where?"
"You're goddamned lucky I'm too tired to get angry at you Cosmos."
"You seem rather angry, Star."
"Stop pushing your luck gay boy! Get over here now! You know where I am!" Star hung up and scoffed.

Cosmos went back inside. "I uh... have to go meet my brother now." Cosmos said to Sam. "You coming or not?"

Last edited:
"Sure. I don't mind going with you. Though if he starts his shit I will not hold back." Sam walked over to Cosmos and nudged his shoulder. "Must not keep the drama queen waiting now." Sam had a smirk on his face. He hoped to lighten the mood of Cosmos.

Umbre smiled at the mention of a new game. "Would it be too much for me to ask about the story of the new game? Well I am going to take you to one of my favorite places here in this town. It is a place called "The Hot Chocolate Spot". It is this way." Umbre led Alaf down the street and made a left one block down. He stopped in front a vintage looking old American dinner. With rich woods and bright colors. It stands out among the log cabin type buildings that make up most of the town. Inside shows booths and an old fashioned dinner counter. There is an older looking Chansey that runs the registrar. She wears an outfit that fits the theme of the place. Umbre turned to Alaf. "Where would you like to sit? You have your choice. We can sit at the counter and talk Rose or we can take a booth. Though I have to warn you Rose will try and get your lifes story out of you before you even get your food and drinks."

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Uh, thanks!" Cosmos responded. He wrapped his purse around his neck and set off alongside Sam. Cosmos led the way back to the Cozy Cabins Inn. There was no one outside. "Maybe he went in?" Cosmos opened the lobby and immediately spotted Starlight who was lazily sitting on the couch in the lobby on his phone. Starlight looked up from his phone to see the blue boi.

"You finally decided to show up, with your new boyfriend of course."
"He's. Not. My. Boyfriend!" Cosmos hastily responded.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I assume you are staying with your little Espeon pal here. If that's the case I'll need the room key."
"Shut up!" Cosmos snapped. Starlight rolled his eyes. Cosmos took the room key out his purse and tossed it to the Umbreon who caught it and headed upstairs.

"Ugh, now that he's dealt with, we can go do something, Sam." Cosmos sighed.

Starlight made it to the room and dropped off his suitcase, sat there for like 15 minutes and decided to hit the street for girls (yes, already). He walked down the stairs and out the door into town. He ignored the stalls and decorations, that stuff did not interest Starlight at the slightest. He scanned around and saw a Glaceon sitting on a bench. "Bingo!" The Umbreon thought and walked over in Aisa's direction.

Aisa sipped her Frosted Lum-ade as she watched the people passing by. She noticed an Umbreon, but paid no attention until it began to walk in her direction. She nodded, straw still in her mouth, and continued to sip. The Frosted Lum-Ade was surprisingly delicious; Vanilla Ice Cream and the juice of bittersweet Lum berries mixed to make a delightful treat, and Aisa was glad she had spent the money on this.

Last edited:

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
Starlight sat down next to Aisa and smiled. "Are you lost, ma'am? Heaven is a long long way from here." Starlight waved and winked at Aisa. He dug up a pick up line that he hadn't used in such a long while. He waited and hoped he didn't get rejected, a slight glowing red appeared on his black cheeks.

Aisa had scootched over a bit when she saw that the Umbreon looked to sit down on the bench as well. (She had been sitting in the middle, so of course she had to move over.) When the Umbreon spoke she looked confused, and dropped the straw out of her mouth before responding.

“No, I’m not lost. It’s kind of a small town.”

She had no idea what the Umbreon meant by the second part of what they said, so she just sipped her drink more.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Oh, that was just... a joke." Starlight internally facepalmed. He had to think for a second on what to say. "Anyways, what's such a fine gal like yourself doing on this fine day?" Starlight pat himself on the back (internally) for managing to at least come up with some sort of comeback.

Aisa dropped the straw out of her mouth again. She still looked slightly confused.

“Just relaxing before the Festival opens up. I’ll be really busy later, so I’m enjoying some peace while I can.”

The Glaceon licked her lips to clear off any drops of the Frosted Lum-ade, and then looked over curiously at the Umbreon. She had seen Umbreon before; there was one that lived in the village. She was trying to see if there was any major difference between them.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
(This conversation is really awkward xD)
"Damn, Damn! Come on, Star, think!" Starlight thought for a second on how to respond. This conversation was sinking fast. Starlight wasn't usually awkward around girls. Maybe it was just the grogginess from travelling for a whole day. Maybe it was that stupid Cosmos that did something to him. "Oh, are you here for the festival?"

((Not for Aisa, lol))

Aisa smiled and shook her head.

“No, I live here. I have to go to work after the Opening Ceremony is over, so I came out while I could.”

She looked around at all the Pokémon browsing at stalls or walking around and at the decorations. She felt proud of her town.

“It’s really pretty, especially around Festival time. But it’s also super busy, too.”

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
Starlight never noticed the decorations, until now, because he wasn't the type of Pokemon to care, but now that he actually looked at them, the decorations were really pretty. "You sure are right about that. Where I'm from the never fancied up the town like this! Anyways, I never caught your name. Mine's Starlight."

Aisa looked back to the Umbreon.

“Nice to meet you, Starlight. My name is Aisa. Are you here for the Festival? I haven’t seen you around town before.”

The Glaceon was pretty sure the answer would be yes. Of course, in a town of about 50 residents it would be hard to miss someone, but you never know. She scratched behind her ear with one forepaw while steadying herself with the other.

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Yup. I'm from way down south of here in the Exeggutor Tropics. It's way different here than down in that swamp. It's flipping hot as balls down there." Cosmos smiled back at the Glaceon trying not to look awkward. "So, are you attending to opening ceremony?" Starlight assumed, but there was no harm in asking.

Aisa was now very confused. Some of the expressions he had used were unfamiliar to her, and she didn’t even know where the Exeggutor Tropics were. She had heard of them, because some of the ingredients they used were imported from there, but she hadn’t seen it on a map or anything. She instead focused on the question.

“Yes, I will be there.”

She didn’t say anything else for a moment, but looked around again.

“Actually, I should head that way soon. I need to drop by my house on the way.”

CuteBoi.exe

Previously g o a t
"Uh... okay... I'll uhh just be here then." Starlight said. "Hopefully I'll see you there." Starlight waved and winked again and then just sat there, awkwardly. He was also really tired. "Cosmos better not have screwed something up!" That was very awkward, just too awkward for Starlight. Starlight was just too tired, though, and he started to doze off right there on the bench.

(I'm going to bed now guys. Do what you are doing lol. While I'm gone, Starlight is asleep, and obviously the ceremony will probably happen tomorrow. :D)

Aisa got up and left, her drink now gone. She threw the empty cup into a trash can as she went by, and trotted towards her house. The Umbreon had been nice enough... a little wierd, but still nice. In a minute or two she had reached her house, only to find that someone had written something in her snow sculpture. It seemed to be a drawing of something, but she couldn’t tell what. It might have been an arrow, but she didn’t care, she just wanted to know who had done this. She padded more snow onto the sculpture so that it was back to normal, grumbled, peered around to see if the prankster was hiding nearby, and then went inside. She put the extra money away, and then laid down for a moment.

Last edited:
Alaf looked at the booth. "I-I would prefer the booth." The Leafeon trotted over to an empty one and sat down "And for the game, it is best played blind. Of course, there is replayability, but the inatinal experience is one of the best factors for this game. Of course, there is the demo, which we used instead of a trailer for the fundraiser, that you can play through. The game is called 'Call of Destiny: Choose Your Role in Your Story'." He looked proud of the game that he was creating. Dawn told him that it was a good story, and with a few ajustments that she made it was nearly perfect.

Sam did not like Starlight what so ever. He had hoped that Cosmos had made it up about his brother and that he was not that rude. Well if that is the way he wanted to think of him then he would just have to convince Cosmos to move in wirh him. "You know I did not want to believe that he could have been that mean to you. Now that I met him I want to go back and give him a piece of my mind. Though I won't do that until I know you are ok."

Umbre sat across from Alaf. "Well if yoy say that it would be better to wait until the full release then I will. If the game is anything like the first then I know it will be good. You have an exciting job working on new games and writing stories for them."

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
"S'no big deal." Pepper mentioned simply in response to the others' thanks, shrugging softly. It wasn't like he could really help that he was practically a walking space heater.

"It's nice to meet you both too. I'm Ainsley, this is Pepper, and this is Eve." Ainsley added, gesturing to each respectfully with a smile.

Divebomb smirked at the group as they were all introduced, rubbing his claws together a few more times before backing up a bit to make more room for Eros. The little flame pokemon really did help take the edge off, but he was a Big Bat now, he didn't need to hog all the heat with his giant body. "So y'all gonna go to the Opening Ceremony?"

Eros was already surprising himself with how many Pokémon he managed to meet today! It would be a nightmare trying to remember each of their names, but for now, he focused on answering Divebomb’s question.

“I think I will go. It seems like fun. And it’s not like I have much else to do...” He chuckled softly. Eros silently hoped that these other Pokémon would be there too. He would rather not go alone, it was against the spirit of the festival to go solo.

Alaf realized how much pressure the next game had due to the success of their first release. He looked down at his paws, the nervousness of before flooding back into his mind. This time, however, stress came with the nervousness. "I-I'm not sure if I can live up to that," he muttered under his breath. His brow furrowed in worry. So many things could go wrong, so many things could destroy the brand that he and his friends built. This next game was nothing like the first, nothing at all. What if he destroyed his friend's lives due to the fact he did not make another horror click puzzle game, like their first game. It terrified him. He could not be the reason his friends starve. He felt like giving up the project. He met one fan who had high expectations, and he was certain that he could not deliver.

Umbre could not let this guy who helped make one of his favorite games be so down on himself. "Hey listen. Just because your new game is nothing like the first, does not mean that it will not be as good. This will give you a chance to grow your brand and expand to a new group of clientele. Not everyone likes horror games. Though they are fun, some fans want a variety when they look into brands of games. They don't want to see the same type of game over and over it gets boring."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Yeah, totally! It sounds fun," Eve declared. She was growing happier by the minute.
Though there was still the matter of romance. It was like a little nagging voice in the back of her mind, telling her about all the times she'd tried and failed to find love.
A faint touch of discomfort was visible on her face momentarily, but she shook it off.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Ainsley beamed. "Why don't we all go together then? I can be everyone's wingman!" He giggled, a light blush painting his cheeks. He loved the idea of being a part of his new friends finding their soulmates. Even if he didn't, he could be happy knowing he helped these guys to open up a bit and find 'the one'.

"Sounds like a plan to me! I'm no good at this 'romance' thing." Divebomb mentioned, poking his claws together bashfully.

Pepper rolled his eyes. He didn't know why the grass type was so adamant on hooking everyone else up, instead of himself. That was the whole point of the festival. 'Oh well. To each their own.' He supposed. "We should get going then. It's gonna start soon."

Eros empathized with the Noivern’s bashfulness regarding the “soulmate” ordeal. He wasn’t exactly known for being a romantic himself. Heck, he wasn’t sure what he even wanted in a partner. However, he found it nice that Ainsley had offered to be their collective “wingman”, even if Eros wasn’t exactly sure what that would mean.

“Yeah,” Eros tired his best to clear his head, and try not to think to much into everything. “We should get a move on. We want to get there before it gets too crowded...right?”

Even though it would probably be about 30 minutes before she needed to be there, Aisa decided to go over early. The Opening Ceremomy was held to the north of town, and she could make it there in a few minutes if nessescary. She was supposed to be there a bit earlier than most people were to meet up with Dania and Benji. She still had time, though, so she went outside and began to play with some snow, molding it into the shape of a Glaceon. It was very small, only about a foot high, and she had made much better ones in the past. After she had spent a bit more of her time on that, she began slowly walking to the north.