• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Great Pokemystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It sounds like a Dub Ep. It probably is somewhere along the line.

However, this is a very serious matter. As Katie and Nem both knew, it had been drawn to my attention some time ago that Rumours placed CHIMECHO in the Ghost of Maiden's Peak Episode on the little floaty boat thingies.

I had been meaning to check up on this for some time, but today i finally did.

The outcome shocked me to my very core. I had found not one Pokemon where it should not be... but two. Instantly, it became a case for Mulder and Scully, or rather Gary and Nem. Respectively. :p . But even then, it seemed to overwhelem even US as to what this strange Pokemon was... That's when i decided to blow the case wide open and reveal to the public what their eyes had never let them see before...

Behold:

newpokemon1.gif

Aso, behold, what seems to be an early form of Chimecho:

newpokemon2.gif

And their original context:

maidenspeak1.gif

Nemesis and I had narrowed it down originally to being a Beta Pokemon for G/S. Thus blanketing Chimecho in and saying that it was once, a beta for G/S too. The fact that Chimecho is placed at the end of the Pokedex coding wise would also seem to indicate (though not completely prove) that it almost didn't make it into R/S either.

The Pokemon we had linked it to through one form or another were the following:

274Pic.gif

275Pic.gif

284Pic.gif

187Pic.gif

The Masquerain was Nem's idea. He believes it looks a bit like it when upside down. Which, to some extent, it does.

There's a great possibility that this Pokemon either evolved through development into another Pokemon, possibly Nuzleaf or Shiftry or somthing. That it's a scratched beta type... or that it's a Pokemon we have yet to see.

I personally think it looks like a bit of a nymph with leaves for hands and bat wings on it's head for flying. Grass/Flying type. An idea that i spun to Nem not too long ago actually for his Nem Gen.

So, what do you think, punters? Remember, sometimes Fact is stranger than Fiction....

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
By the way. The writing on Rattata's candle boat thingy? It says Rattata. In Japanese of course. None of the other boats have that throughout the whole of the scene.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Are you certain that all of the boat pictures are of Pokemon? If not, then I think the Chimecho relation is just a fluke. Japan is known to have charms shaped like that (I've got a similar one from China, too).

As for that other thing... I can't make heads or tails from it. It's too blurry to make out a face :?
Again I'll fire you with my first question - did all the boats have Pokemon? - and if the answer is yes than I'm going for the beta idea. Who knows though? This wouldn't be the first time we saw a Pokemon that didn't come into play till much, much later.

Since when do any of those boats have anything that looks like Masquerain? :p

Yeah, well, I have the episode on tape. Maybe I'll check out some of the other boats. And man, I didn't know you knew how to read Japanese. You gotta teach me someday. :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yes, they all had pokemon. Except for the Ghastly one that was mostly blank except for a viney leaf thing. Not a Pokemon, but it's not even consistent. You don't see it outside of one small part of the scene.

Give the 'mystery pokemon' a slanted look to see something better. The big white blob seems like it's eye, as it has a black part in the middle.

Maybe it's just cause i'm one of those people who can see things in any random patterns but meh. It looks like a creature to me, not a vine or herb.

Also, i can't READ Japanese. I can translate Katakana (names) using my handy Charts, courtesy of Curtis from 2002.

Might learn some Japanese from now on though. Especially since i MIGHT travel to Japan for a few days next summer for Festa.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Want my opinion? I bet you do. I bet you really want to hear what I think.

I think that first picture is an Ekans chasing its tail with two leaves.

And that supposed Chimecho looks like a Nuzleaf head with no nose.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Trainer-Yoshimitsu said:
Want my opinion? I bet you do. I bet you really want to hear what I think.

I think that first picture is an Ekans chasing its tail with two leaves.

And that supposed Chimecho looks like a Nuzleaf head with no nose.

I don't know about the Nuzleaf, but I can see how it could be an Ekans. You can't really make out any of its markings, tho, nor would that explain what the two objects in the upper and upper-right corner are.

Either way, good guess :)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
SuperSkitty - the last post in this thread was on October 02, 2004. That's over three years ago!

You get a warning for gravedigging. Make sure you read the rules of the forum, and check the dates on threads before you reply to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.