• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Grand Kalos Festival: De La Vie Et La Mort

"Wait a second," Jacob responded to Deo. "You're from Rustboro? I'm from Petalburg! How'd you end up out here?" he asked. Before Deo could answer, Dexter pulled on his leg. Jacob looked down at the pokemon, who was pointing out of the crowd. That was weird, since Dexter was usually so happy with Raviel. And the battle was just beginning!

"Hold on, Dex," Jacob said in a low voice to his Heliolisk. But the pokemon was adamant. He tugged a bit harder, stopping Jacob before he could continue talking with Deo. "I'll be right back; apparently I have to check something," he said, motioning to Dexter who was already moving away from the crowd. Jacob followed the electric type out into the woods, where the pokemon dived into a bush.

"What the hell are you doing!" Jacob shouted after Dexter. He took a few steps forward and stuck his head into the bush to see Dexter, carefully moving through shrub, leaving no branch unturned. "Get out of there!" Jacob said, lifting the pokemon up out of the bush. "Let's go!" Jacob turned around, the Heliolsik under one arm. The pokemon crossed his arms angrily. Suddenly, his frills opened. "Don't you dare!" Jacob threatened. "Don't!" Dexter was not a good loser.

He began to head back to his seat when he heard a rustling. He turned and looked back at the bush, waiting for any movement. After a few moments with no response, he turned back to the field, and returned to the group.

"Sorry about that..." he said. "What'd I miss?"

Damn it! The Mismagius disappeared: the Venom drench missed! Alternate plans swirled through his head. If he remembered correctly, she'd pop up and get a hit on Million in a minute...wait. That was the key to the fight!

"Listen up Million! Take the hit from Phantom Force and use Megahorn once she pops up next to you!" The Scolipede braced for hit, but also arched into a form, ready to strike as soon as she popped up. His horns twitched and glowed a sickly pale green, ready to unleash the power, inaccurate as it was, of Megahorn.

"Rehund roug!, Rehind rough!", Embertail cried, becoming one of the many members of the crowd who shouted out advice to the trainers that they wouldn't take. Jasper was along side Embertail, also shouting out advice to the trainers and their Pokemon, it was one of their many common interest's that the two Pokemon bonded over. Curt stood quietly, munching on some popcorn he bought from one of the vendor's that walked through the crowd, selling their wares, occasionally Embertail or Jasper would take a handful. However, his attention was still on the map, it was a risky gamble that Gerald was taking, allowing Million to take the hit in order to get an opening, but one that would pay off very will if it succeeded.

So far, Luna and Delma had been playing defensively, waiting for their opponent to make an opening and taking that opportunity to strike! Though they appeared to have been caught off guard by Gerald and Million's powerful opening (which Curt couldn't fault them for, Scoliopede were deceptively quick Pokemon) the girls seemed to be getting their second wind and striking back hard. Only time would tell if they could keep the pressure on Gerald and Million, or if they could counter Luna and Dilema's sneak attack.

"Hmmm, your from Rustboro huh, I'm from Cherrygrove myself...well, I technically moved their when I was seven, but you get what I mean", Curt said, commentating on Deo's tale,"...So, does that make Sorexy your first Pokemon then? It's funny, how you and Sorex met kinda reminds me of how Embertail and I met, right buddy?" The Charmander looked at Curt and have him a happy growl, it was kinda of funny to think how that one moment changed both their lives for ever that day.

"We found Embertail and his brother hurt in the woods near a park my family used to visit when I was really young too, we took them in for a while, his brother didn't really take to humans that much, but Embertail here made friends with our family really quickly", Curt said, though they happened over a decade and a half ago, he remembered those events vividly, "I wanted to adopt him and my dad was on board, but my mom was a little worried about keeping a Fire-Breathing liza-I mean dragon in the house, however, she changed her mind when we learned that Embertail wasn't capable of that whole "Breathing Fire" thing, plus, I think seeing how close me and Embertail got in such a short time helped changed her mind." Curt finished with giving his old friend a pat on the back, which Embertail returned with a rosy smile and a friendly growl!

"It's kinda funny, when I think about it, me and Embertail have changed each others lives so much, just by being together, I wouldn't have met Whips, or most of my friends for that matter, heck, I probably wouldn't have even gone on a Pokemon journey without Embertail to spur me on...what about you Deo I'm sure has Sorex affected your life in similar way, right? ", Curt asked Deo.

Bailey was awestruck by the amazing view and luxurious seating in the V.I.P section. She could basically see all of the battle in probably the clearest view aside from being on the feild herself. The traveler was tempted to release Cosmo from her Pokeball, but that would have been rude to the other viewers and probably would foil her plan at the same time. Poor Cosmo- she would want to be here too. More like poor Bailey if the grass snake Pokemon figured out where she was seated for the match. The Regal Pokemon probably already knew. Finally Bailey snapped out of her tiny trance of fear and plastered her eyes to the battle.

Both are trainers were fantastic- commanding their Pokemon with both flawless timing and lightning fast responses. The trust that needed to be formed between trainer and Pokemon would take many battles and much experience together as a team. Bailey was entirely absorbed by the match, but in all hoestly she was very jealous of the two trainers. Do her and Cosmo have that bond? What if her other Pokemon don't? If she doesn't then does that mean she's not as good of a trainer as her friends?

"It seems like a good battle huh, who do you thinks going to pull it off?" Zephious asked after looking at some man for a small sum of time for some reason. Bailey didn't catch what the man was doing. She tilted her head as she watched the next moves unfold- Phantom Force by Dilemma and Mega Horn by Million after the Phantom Force hits. Bailey, to be honest, had no idea as to who would pull it off. They seemed equal in power and in bond to their Pokemon. "Well, right now I'm thinking that if the Phantom Force hits and Megahorn misses, then Luna will take the lead, but if the Megahorn hits then I'm pretty sure Gerald will have the advantage. It seems pretty even right now though. What do you think?"

Bailey responded in an even tone, not taking her eyes off the battle. While the young adult usually stays true to her klutzy, polite and happy ways, she does have another side. A side that is more serious and strategic. Though most of the times she'll snap out of her 'assessment trances' as she calls them, fairly quickly. Bailey shook her head and plastered an excited smile on her face.

Zephious thought it was cute how serious and analytical Bailey could get over a fight. He found it hilarious as she tried to cover it with a excited smile. It was just one more thing on the list of traits he loved about her.

"Well it takes enegy to maintain attacks like megahorn and I am assuming that Phantom Force requires little energy as it seems to be a passive ability, so at this rate I wouldn't be suprised to see Mismagius just waiting it out until megahorn could no longer be maintained. But at the same time I think Luna is not the type to be patient about things, so a quick strike would also be expected." Zephious replied," I think either side can win this situation, but I think Gerald is more equipped to win because he is more patient and humble. I think those two traits more than often decide a battles result."

Luna couldn't believe the scene taking place in front of her eyes, Dilema was loosing! AGAINST A WORM! Of course, that Phantom force would have make her take a little of adventage if it wasn't because of Gerald's clever plan. That would left Dilema to the poisoning mercy and Million still unharmed, if she had a way to level the battle again...

Of course she had it! How hadn't she thought about it...

Luna had to wait until Dilema had hitten it's oponent with her phantom force, then her ghost type pokemon got hitten by the worm's megahorn.

The Mismagius wasn' going to stand more than a couple of minutes, she had to act fastly. "Dilema! fastly! Teleport away from that worm!" she didn' mean the rage in her voice. The pokemon obeyed, standing now a few metters away from her oponent, winning them some time to use her new strategy "Okay Dilema, it's time: USE PAIN SPLIT!!"

A bright aura surrounded the ghost type body as she used her attack. Luna smiled, now it was her time to make the battle hers.

Pain split was not a move Gerald was familiar with, but if he had to guess, it would even the damage dealt. That would damage Million and heal her! He couldn't let that happen. Now she was farther away, so Steamroller wasn't a valid option...Venom Drench had proven itself useless in such a situation...Ah! Right, how could he forget protect?

Protect wasn't a move he used often, perhaps only three or four times before this, but he could maintain it for a couple seconds to let the attack blow over. Consecutively, however, would not work. So if she did use Pain Split again, he was pretty susceptible..."Million, protect!" A thin blue barrier incased his body, before shattering at the Pain Split. He could pull off protect later, but now? He was really at the mercy of Luna and that Mismagius.

Great! The huge and disgusting worm had protecte itself! Why could worm protect itself?! Not like a Pidgeot would say "oh no it it's protecting itself, I won't eat it!". Now her pokemon was about to faint because of poisoning, why hadn't she taught her heal bell when she had the chance?

"Stop it Dilema!" she exclaimed "use psychic again!"

She had to try to do her best to save the battle, somehow. She was Luna Cohan, daughter of the great ctress Sue Cohan, she couldn't just loose in the first round! How would she go back to Unova and tell everyone she had lost?

Million was easily slammed into the ground. If that Mismagius was good at psychic, and it already worked, why didn't she keep doing it? Then again, Luna seemed more for the show then winning strategies. Plus, Million could possibly start anticipating the next attack, so that was another possiblity. But now, it seemed that Million should be attended to. He probably couldn't take much more, so it was time to attack.

The Megapede rose up slowly, stretching to full size eventually. He was obviously hurt, mentally and physically. Those Psychics hurt, and it took a toll on his speed. Scolipedes were never quick, but now he was even slower than usual. He still had enough to take maybe one more Psychic. "Alright Million. Time for the last stand. Venoshock!" The monstrous bug shot out two jets of purple venom. If it hit? That was it. Battle won. If not? Well, if the poison didn't get Dilema, one psychic was it.

Zephious was shocked by the battle, both sides looked tired and ready to drop, rarely did one get to see a close battle like this. The last time he had a battle this close was three years ago when he faced off against his cousin and won by a last second Dazzling Gleam. Knowing that the battle was drawing to a close and that Bailey would be up next, he slipped his hand covertly into his pocket and slid out a 10 inch by 7 inch black, velvet jewelry case.

"Hey it looks like the battles winding down, so before you have to leave I wanted to give you this!" Zephious said as he opened the black box. Inside of it was a necklace with a thin golden chain and a locket made from black diamonds. On the front side there was the Rock Structure at the center of Geosenge carved in and on the other side a Serperior. Inside was a photo of him holding her hand last night (OOC: reason why Angel left for a few moments that night was to arrange that picture).

"Just a small gift to remember the festival by, thought you might like to put another picture in so I left one side empty. Do you like it?" Zephious asked.

Bailey noticed that the battle was coming to a close. It was a spectacular match though- each side put up valiant efforts and it seemed as if the next move would decide the victor. And while the exciting battle was coming to a close she realized her turn would begin soon. The simple thought of it made her nervous. 'Why am I nervous? All these people will be watching but they're here to have a good time- not to judge me. Maybe they will- but why should I care?' She asked herself. Bailey allowed her eyes to travel downwards slightly off the battle and she took one deep breath to calm herself. Only seconds later she heard Zephious mentioning that he believed the battle was ending. She picked up her eyes and looked at him and noticed he had brought out a small black box. Bailey was fairly curious about what he was going to show her until it sunk in that he was giving her something, not just showing.

Inside the box was a gorgeous black jeweled necklace, locket to be more exact- and Bailey didn't have to major in geology to know the gems were diamonds. Black diamonds too- one of the Lynn family favorites. Bailey always noticed small black diamond earrings in her mother's ear when they traveled and in many pictures of her father, his wedding ring had black diamonds in it rather than crystal ones. Bailey had a hard time comprehending the fact that this was a gift to her. The outside had an engraving of the Geosenge rocks and on the other side a Serperior was etched into the surface. Inside the beautiful necklace there was a picture of the moment where Zephious took her hand- and it was well taken. The photgrapher must have been very skilled in order to catch the moment with the correct lighting and all. The other side was blank- to add a picture in the future most likely.

"Just a small gift to remember the festival by, thought you might like to put another picture in so I left one side empty. Do you like it?" He asked.

"Like it? No, Zephious I love it! It's so pretty- where in the world did you find such a skilled jeweler to make something like this.?" Bailey exclaimed, her eyes slightly wider but sparkling with a mixture of joy and confusion. It took her a second to realize that Zephious was from a noble family and that's probably how he attained such a beautiful gift. Gently she lifted the necklace out of the box and attached it at the back of her neck. Bailey didn't think she'd ever do this, but her impulses took over as she quickly leaned over and hugged Zephious before she stood up- blushing profusely. "Thank you, I will treasure this forever! I need to go though, I'm pretty sure that the tournament wouldn't appriciate if one competitor is late to their match." With that she quickly left the V.I.P section and began to make her way down to the feild. Though she wouldn't enter yet, she didn't want to get lost later.

"Glad you like it-" Zephious was interrupted by Bailey hugging him. He was shocked. Bailey, a goddess in his eyes, had hugged him, a insignificant human. For the few seconds the hug lasted he felt as if he were in bliss, but alas all good things come to an end.

She let go of him, but not without noticing her blush. Her blushes were adorable, he would have to tell her that some time in the future.

"Thank you, I will treasure this forever! I need to go though, I'm pretty sure that the tournament wouldn't appriciate if one competitor is late to their match."

" Yes, I suppose that they wouldn't, good luck m'lady!" Zephious said as he spun around to stare at the man, who had stared lustfully at Bailey beforehand, with a smirk. The man rolled his eyes as Zephious sat down and focused on the rest of the battle.

Million was heading once again against her Mismagius. The Scolipede was moving fast, her pain split had failed and even if she managed to avoid it the poison would end getting her pokemon's energy. She didn't have much options left, this was her final attempt to keep her pokemon standing and it had to work.

"Dilema!" Luna exclaimed "Use phantom force!" once more, the pokemon dissapeared right in the moment the scolipede was going to hit him, appearing right behind him, redy to attack him once again.

Crap! I need to do something fast. The thought of all sorts of attacks rushed through his head. Venom drench, useless...Protect, useless...Megahorn? Too inaccurate. Useless...The Mismagius was close enough for a physical attack. Maybe Steamroller? Okay. It could work.

"Steamroller! Now!" Million, who had taken the hit from phantom force, took a minute to recover. It wasn't a psychic, which meant that he was still standing. Unfortunately, he still looked weak enough to fall from another phantom force or two. As he prepared the attack, he rolled up his body in a ball, not unlike a pill bug or the Whirlipede, and charged at the Mismagius. The upside was, if he missed, he could counter Dilema using Venoshock.

"Dilema! Fastly! Teleport away from there!" exclaimed Luna, but it was already too late. The worm attacked fastly, without leaving any chance for the ghost type pokemon to avoid it. "DILEMA!!" Luna yelled as she watch her pokemon fall apart. The ghost type pokemon stood up once more, weaker than Luna had ever seen her "Come on! Use psychic, pain split... teleport! You can't just stay there, come on!" the pokemon's eyes gleamed weakly, without causing any effect. "Dilema! You can't just give up right now, do something!"

The pokemon, trying to obey her trainer, tried a last attack. A weak Shadow snake scaped from her body leaving a dark aura behind it. It went slowly, even Snorlax would have been able to avoid it, and even if Million wouldn't, it wasn't strong enough to cause any harm.

(OOC: For lots of repetitiveness and a stranger style, I apologize, but I hope it serves the purpose I intend :p)
Enticing. Engrossing. Addictive. Kebna, known fully as Kebnia, but more commonly referred to as Ai, couldn't take his dry black eyes off the battle. Plopped upon the bench, peering from beneath the grimy, coarse lumps of tail fur that sagged down upon his forehead like the petals of a snowdrop flower, Ai felt alive. His distantly wearisome gaze hovered upon the battlers, stealthily striking their opponents, they adorned with power, their trainers adorned with wit. Who could outsmart who? He didn't care. The mere clashes of their animated moves invigorated his body, every shout, every screech, and the venom in his veins burned stronger, surging with the hellish movement of sluggish lava, and his heart pumped faster, and his muscles grew tight. He was battling, he was within the fray, he was boyish and young and free, he had become a being of power and wit. He was jubilant with exhilaration.

Ai was alive.

Of course, the Skuntank knew, from the pulsing of his veins, to the rise and fall of his flanks, to his drumming heart, that he was alive. But he was not alive. He had not spirit, he had not power, but he had wit, and he had himself, and he had the inner child born deep within his soul. It was simply a question of what would awaken that vigor, that boyish attitude of giddiness and love. A long ways in the future, everything seemed a long ways in the future, the present was just so present, Ai knew what it was that had awakened within him during the strife of battle, and he knew that the general surliness of his nature was due much to the fact that he had not known himself. But in those few moments, when his veins pulsed with venom, and his heart thumped, and his muscles clenched with intensity of knowledge, and he was the world, and he was the battle, and he was wit, and he was power! Yes, in those few moments, Ai knew himself. Ai was content, because Ai had found the source of his unrest.

Like a dream so sweet and pure and real, like a sound that rang as if it were bells, or laughter, but could not be defined, Ai always forgot it when he awoke, and when the battle ended, Ai was lost once more. The gristly-haired Skuntank was content with being lost, for he wasn't conscious that he was lost - he was simple, he was surly, he was lazy, he was Kebna, he was Ai.

There was something about that name. Of course, a name long enough held as ones own is one, but Ai felt the strangeness that something was missing. That is wasn't quite right. That he was... incomplete. There was a connection that was lost, somewhere in the endless folds of memory and time, and Ai was no longer quite the Ai he was. What was it, then? What was Ai?

The wind jolted his senses alert as it whistled cynically beneath his ear, and the Skuntank found that the platform in which his head had rested was shifting. Breaking the trance of battle, Ai looked up.

Phi was always... strange, and yet Phi was as much of Kebna as Kebna was as Phi. Two friends, whose lives were so tightly intertwined, were more than just two- they were one, like atoms bonded together by sharing their electrons, they were a single unit, and to lose the pair would be to leave both ionized, and incomplete. Ai's subtly content gaze reached Phi's distant, thoughtful one, and for just one moment, Ai was under the impression that Phi was lost, and Kebna was lost, and Phi had been something much more than Phi, and Kebna had been Ai. And then the moment shattered, in the way that a cobweb is flicked dully out of a stale corner, and Ai questioned the departing Phi with his gaze.

"It's time I go, Keb." The name didn't feel quite right on her tongue, and seemed to shiver in the air. "I'd have to return you to your pokeball if you come...." the silence was filled with tension, broken by quickly spoken words fast as thunder hurtles towards one's ears, "You can stay here, you want to, I want you to watch, they won't mind, it is not uncommon."

Ai's spine shivered with the subtle fear in his friend's voice, but he grunted sourly nevertheless in agreement as she walked, nay floated, away. She lived in a dream, riding the winds, gliding across the ground, but beneath every wind lay chance for a ferocious hurricane, rent with adrenaline, anger, terror, revenge, and love. The Skuntank cast his gaze back towards the battle, the competitors movements now warped as his head rested sideways upon the bench, his legs splayed, his coarse mass of a tail peeling away from his spine as gravity pulled it towards the earth, and his mind settled into contentedness as he watched the frenzy once more.

After striking Dilema, Million rose back into his normal form. Luna was panicking choosing her attacks, each one the Mismagius incapable of pulling off. The last attack was a small, slithering shadow snake. It was probably made using the last of their energy: which was sad, since it was very small. When it hit him, it was only a small sting, akin to an ant biting one of his firm legs. A weak, tiny bite. He almost felt bad for pummeling the Mismagius as he did. He owed much of it to the Toxic he managed to get off early in the fight. He slowly lumbered towards the Ghoul, ready to attack. Even if Gerald commanded him to use a powerful move, he'd use a much weaker attack.

Gerald felt almost as bad as Million did. He absolutely destroyed the Mismagius with that Steamroller, and anything else could hurt it badly. So it was time, for a much weaker attack. "Million. Poison sting." He shot out a tiny jet of poison, just enough to finish off Dilema. If it hit him.

The Poison sting struck Dilema, finally bringing her down, the Mismagius and her trainer put up one good fight, but they allowed their opponents to gain too much of a an advantage in the beginning of the battle, which came back to bite them in the end. Still, the crowed roared and cheered, extremely satisfied with the battle that had unfolded, a Mismagius against a Scolipede made for a good match indeed, despite the slow and climatic ending. Both trainers and the Pokemon fought well and hard, all of them had plenty to be proud off.

"DILEMA IS UNABLE TO BATTLE, MILLION IS THE WINNER AND THE VICTORY GOES TO GERALD!", the referee yelled.

"Woah, I haven't seen a match that good since the Pokemon League Tournament, they weren't kidding when they said this was one of the most prestigious Pokemon event's in Kalos, sure kicks the crap out of that Slateport Tournament, eh Jacob?", Curt exclaimed, remembering that tournament a few months ago, while it was fun, the competition wasn't very fierce, heck, they made it to the Semi-finals with almost no trouble. Plus, his friend Jacob didn't have the fondest of memories of the tournament due to losing a round mostly due to an extremely bad string of bad luck. Embertail, Jasper, and Raviel let out a roar of agreement, Whips and Flare both gave a small nod, while Lockjaw just smiled nervously.

The following battles got the crowed more riled up, each one drastically different then the others, but all just as intense as the first, if not more so. The level of skill displayed here could only be rivaled by the battles at a regions Pokemon League Tournament, truly, this is where trainers could make a name for themselves. The first round seemed to fly before them, it was almost half way through before the announcer called out a name that made the groups head pop!

"FOR OUR NEXT MATCH, WE HAVE BAILEY OF UNOVA AGAINST PHI OF KALOS, WILL THE TRAINERS AND THEIR POKEMON PLEASE HEAD TO THE ARENA!", the announcer roared over the microphone.

"Oh man, so Baily's up next, I wonder if she's really going your girlfriend Raviel, like she said, or if she's going to go with someone else?", Curt said while casting a sly smirk at the one-eared Jolteon, who merely let out an angry grunt over Embertails and Jasper's chuckling, shifting the tooth-pick he had to the other side of his mouth.

Last edited:
Luna stood paralyzed for a few minutes. She had lost. Dilema was fainted, laying there in the ground, defeated by a poison sting. Her great ghost type pokemon defeated by a worm. Why did she pick her?! Cerbero would have defeated that worm without even moving! Faws would have turned it to ashes with a flame thrower!

"Come back Dilema!" she called as she returned the pokemon to her pokeball "You'll be okay."

What was she going to do now? She couldn't just go back to Unova and say she had lost the first round! She was Luna Cohan, she had the best pokemon in all Unova and yet she couldnt win against that worm!

She got away from the arena, her head still uphigh even though sje felt her eyes begin to water.

She walked and walked, followed close by Sombra, her Umbreon and Buffie, the Jigglypuf who had managed to reach them. She didn't stop until she had reach a place where no one could see her.

"Puf?" asked Buffie as she approached her trainer. "Dilema is tired." she coldly said "Could you heal her?"

The Jigglypuf nodded sadly as Luna took the Mismagius out of her pokeball. Buffie took care of the rest. She used sing to get her sleep, and then some of her fairy type abilities to heal her from the poisoning and give her some energues back. She knew she could have asjed nurse Joy to do it, but she just wanted to be alone for a while.

The victory against Dilema was a huge personal victory for Gerald. He had been on a recent losing streak, however, this might of been the start of something great. Maybe. But right now, time to congratulate Million. "Good job buddy! You were great out there!" he pat the Scolipede on the back, perhaps a tad too hard, due to the fact he winced in pain. "Oh yeah...lets get you patched up, then go get some ice cream or something, alright?" But his opponent, Luna, he should congratulate too, right? "Luna, you did a great jo-Luna?" Luna, however, had left already. She must have not liked losing after all. Oh well, if he spotted her again, he'd be sure to tell her how great she was out there. It was good-sportsmanship after all.

As Gerald returned Million, June was pretty impressed. The big ol' Megapede won the fight against that wraith. That was shame, that Mismagius was the only one on her team that didn't give her a headache. The girl, Luna, had slinked off while he was congratulating Million. She had not taken the loss well, it seemed. Gerald had just returned Million, and was leaving off the battlefield. She rolled up her crumpled magazine, and followed Gerald, off to go heal up Million. And probably go get something to eat, that usually what he did after these things.

As if wavering through the thick, foggy air, the sound of Phi's name rang in her ears, the sound waves washing, scrubbing towards her form. In response, she began moving towards the field, although her walk was so aimless it appeared there was no destination. The girl's fingers crept into her bag, the special bag, the one with the drooping flower blooms, safely swaddled between her body and coat. They slipped between the folds of fabric, emerging from the dankness of sweaty must from the swelter of high afternoon sun into the pure, sweet-tasting, cool air that seemed to be hoarded within the preciously preserved threads, worn with love but carefully maintained, like a rose severed from the ground, fossilized in frigid water yet wilting all the same. The skin of her fingers, lightly stained with ink so that they took on a calloused grey undertone, brushed against the smooth, steely skin of a pokeball. As she grasped the ball, her stained fingers chafed against a gravelly patch of mud ingrained within the crevasses, the dents and scratches of his container. A rush of memory pummeled her mind, and Phi reached the battle field, her feet drifting towards a stop, wearing a broad grin of genuine pleasure on her face at the sentimental power of memory.

Her partners, she reflected, had changed her life in such ways that they were now she. Their lessons were her own. Their struggles hers, their failures her remorse, their success her jubilance, their pain her pain, their laughter her smile. Most of all, she knew the largest piece of herself was held by Ai, with his eerie chortle, and his dull, bleary gaze, and the comforting chafe of his coarse fur against her skin. A crease of worry darkened her demeanor as Phi recalled her best friend, her brother, her Pokemon, whom she had left upon the stand, and her smile fell into oblivion, overcome by the worried wrinkles beneath her eyes. Abruptly, as if sensing the unrest, the muddied pokeball chafed her skin with a soft jiggle, and Phi retrieved her joy. Her partners had taught her many things. Osh had taught her to laugh.

A soft stroke of the brush upon her mind, and Phi recalled a single line. It was placed on its lonesome, sprawled in letters that clutched each other tight, and leaned heavily as if struck by a windstorm, the ink smeared so as to cast a heavy shadow south east on the page. The tender, creamy paper was warped and discolored in great grey splotches that appeared to be the verdict of a rainfall. Phi couldn't make out in her mind the specifics of the page, but that it was blurred, smeared, and sprawled illegibly to anyone but the one who had written it. She quoted softly what it read, her voice low and shifting as if unsure of the right tone to choose.

"I am swept in a storm of a thousand hailstones, and searching for the eye."

Phi, wavering in stance upon the battlefield, her hand emerged from the bag and clutching tightly the muddied ball, couldn't recall anything but the page, and the line, and the dark shadows of ink that were smeared in her hurry, and warped by the rain.

"You're from Rustboro? I'm from Petalburg! How'd you end up out here?"

Jacob's reply to Deo's little backstory came rapidly, inevitably fluctuating his attention between their conversation and the main event, displacing his awareness considerably behind the audience members', who, unlike him, never missed their cue to almost simultaneously jump up, thrust their fists in the air, and roar like a single entity in passionate response to the presumably exhilarating scene taking place before them.

"Another Hoenn native, huh?" Deo responded to Jacob with the type of sly smile that could only be effectively exchanged between people sharing a similar circumstance. However, his head faced the battlefield in time to witness Luna's Mismagius disappearing with Phantom force to dodge the Scolipede's Venom Drain; Deo was NOT going to miss this battle, even if it meant forcing himself to multitask(something he typically sucked at). Not suprisingly, he was distracted once again by "Hold on, Dex." Turning his head briefly towards Jacob and his Heliolisk, the latter tugging its trainer's leg as if there was an urgent matter that must be dealt with. After Jacob had excused himself with what sounded like a grudging tone, the void was faithfully filled by Curt, who at this point accurately seemed like the more outgoing one, as he began to tell Deo his own kind of origin story, albeit a more interesting one with greater description, particularly the bit regarding Embertail's inability to breathe fire(which raised the question of his alternative style of battling, if he still did so at all). When Curt had finished, Deo answered his ending question with a hesitant but honest "...I suppose. I mean, Everyone meets their first Pokemon somehow right?" He felt flattered and guilty. Here he was, a complete stranger who rudely inturrupted a conversation between Curt and his friend just to ask a stupid question, never spoke to them eye to eye, and yet they heartily accepted him into their group and introduced themselves in such an open matter like he was some sort of confidant!

After a bit Jacob had returned, apologized, and asked what he missed. Dexter didn't seem happy wrapped in its trainer's lanky arm with its frills extended, making Deo temporarily uneasy. "W-well..." He turned back towards the battle, trying to piece together what happened using what little he had seen, like an incomplete jigsaw puzzle. Having a hunch that the question was rhetorical, however, he didn't continue, instead simply going back to observing. Deo was impressed. Both trainers' commands kept up with the actions of their Pokemon, executed in lightning-fast sequences, yet they still carried strategic value as if they were thought out beforehand. Deo froze suddenly, becoming too immersed in his thoughts to avoid staring into space. The battle had sparked a reminder, seeping its way up to realization from the depths of his conciousness, and he was dragged into a vision of a distant memory he didn't want to relive...

He was once again an awkward, overweight, and overall unappealing boy, muttering in a stupid, incomprehensible manner at his green Sandshrew, who was curled up desparately against the relentless assult of a Growlithe. Its trainer called off the fire dog out of pity and shook her head with dissapointment. "Battling is a real-time struggle. You're opponent won't wait for you. If you don't learn to think fast when working with your Pokemon, you'll never succeed as a trainer...."

Once Deo was brought back into the present, he had been reminded that this pathetic excuse for a nightmare had never truely ended. The simple critisism had been plaguing him for many years. While repeated in different contexts from different sources, the message was always unmistakably clear. Deo had absolutely no natural skills as a Pokemon trainer. After so much time, he was even now just as oblivious...just as slow in mind and reflexes...as he had always been. And yet, even when friendly people offered to help him overcome his struggles in the past, he rejected them, shooed them off, and then proceeded to become a Pokémon Trainer anyway. Why was that?! Was he some hopeless failure who wanted to stay that way instead of pursuing something he'd almost certainly be better at? Or rather, was he simply an inbicil?

No, I remember now...Deo's seemingly limp state suddenly reversed itself, and his blood boiled, life returned into his body. He stood up slowly, tightning his fingers against the edge of the balcony, and leaned his head forward, overstretched eyes fixed intensely on the battlefield behind the lesnes. Despite the impressive battle, the trainers and Pokemon alike had sparked short bursts of great distain within him with every word and action, but this inevitable reaction had Deo feeling guilty as well. The thing that had made Deo come so far as a trainer had also resulted in this seemingly illogical criticism of others with no known purpose. What did not yet realize, however, was that these feelings weren't the result of pride, superiority, nor even jealousy, but something else entirely.

He was once again pulled into a memory, but this one was far more recent. It was dark, the only thing easily seen being a floating pair of glowing red eyes. It spoke to him in a deep, twisted voice that seemed to crackle with electricity. "...If we are truly a democracy as you claim..." Suddenly, glowing yellow circles began glowing brighter nearby, their extending light partially revealing a sleek, blue form. The figure stretched out an unbelievably long arm in front of it, its hand bearing three massive claws. "...Then you must not violate our pact. Your and the others' actions- as well as the triggered reactions- will determine the potential danger and seal my decision." The sillouette slowly faded out into the darkness, followed by the vision entirely.

Sorex' spikes stood up as he actually felt the heat radiating off of his trainer's body, somewhat relieved but also sympathetic that Deo had appeared to remember why he had entered the tournament in the first place. There was a lot more than victory and glory at stake here...

It was a moment of truth and of ideals.

Deo's concentrated stress was momentarily broken by the echoing voice of the announcer over the intercom, declaring the victory of the first battle to Gerald and calling for the next two participants of the second battle, Bailey and Phi. Deo repeated the latter in his head several times. Phi....Phi... It was both an intriguing and relatable name, Iike his, seeming to belong outside of this era entirely and likewise consisted of merely three letters. The first of two trainers made her way onto the battlefield; Deo was too far back to observe her as much as he would have liked, so he turned towards the projector instead. The cameras followed a chessnut haired-girl wearing bright but dull clothing, and her partially opened eyes to him implied that she wasn't all there, although he oddly suspected that this was not due to sleep deprivation. Deo pondered. He had a hobby of observing trainers' faces to attempt to read their general emotional states as they approached battle. However, with this person...he had absolutely no idea what she was thinking. Additionally, as she looked down, her mouth moved as if reading off of something, and a thought began poking at Deo's mind, one he couldn't yet identify.

Last edited:
Bailey heard the announcement and a wave of panic flooded over her. 'I'm up next? Ack, this is far more intimidating than I first imagined.' She thought in her worry. How would she do under this pressure? She didn't even know her opponent! Bailey took a deep breath and calmed herself as she supported her weakening knees with her shoulder as she leaned up against the cool wall of the enterance to the feild. Her hands traveled to a small, blue waist bag that held tight to her shorts so they wouldn't be seen from underneath the cartigan. Two pokeballs were at the top of the bag- signifying that Bailey had still not made her choice as to who she would use in the battle. Finally she sighed and pushed herself upright and slowly walked out to the stadium where the crowd could see her.

She felt a wave of the emotions of the feild the moment she was visible to the hundred some people gathered there. Anticipation, excitement, and nervousness were swirling around the the buzz of all the chatter was partially deafening to Bailey. And while the nervousness was probably her own and hers alone, she too felt very excited and anticipating the match. The sky was a nice blue color, dotted with many small, fluffy white clouds that lazily wandered around at the will of the wind. The clouds reminded Bailey of her favorite pastime when she was younger- sky watching. Laying in the lush, springy grass of Aspertia and comfortably gazing at the white fluffy balls of cotton in the sky was one of the most enjoyable times of her life. For the longest time she believed that if she willed the clouds enough, they would form different shapes that she asked them to. However, most times, she found that the clouds would not reform just for a child, but Bailey still kept hope in that silly idea. Looking back at it Bailey finds that she had the worst, and probably least productive, ways to spend her time, but out loud she would never admit that- sometimes she still does believe that she is the center of the world even through all her knowledge and maturity.

Bailey's eyes traveled across the stadium, searching for any signs of video recording. She shook her head an smiled as she detected none, but her brain told her that, even if they're not in sight, cameras were trained on her somewhere and whatever she decides to do now would be forever cemented into her past. An official document that proved that she participated right at that stadium on the joyous celebration of the Day of Life and Death. Finally she met her opponent, Phi as she had been called, stood opposite of her across the feild. This woman caused the most peculiar, dreamy atmosphere among the excitement of the crowd. Bailey relaxed and smiled, finally choosing who to use. She needed to use a Pokemon who she could trust in order to beat any trainer, but in this situation she needed to trust her Pokemon even more. Despite the fact that Bailey had not yet seen what Pokemon Phi would partner with in this battle, she felt somewhat intimidated by this trainer and had the feeling that she was very powerful and experienced.

The noise that could be heard from the arena let Luna know that the battle had started. Anyways, nor her neither her pokemon did move because of that. They had already lost and there was absolutely nothing there that could be interesting for them at that point. Maybe, if they had won, they could be analyzing their next oponent moves, but they hadn't, so there was nothing to do about it.

Dilema looked a little bit better by the moment, even though she would still need a little of rest after that battle. Luna took the ghost type back inside her pokeball, she would let her out once they were back in the hotel.

"Puf?" asked Buffie as she pointed to the arena.

"No, Buffie, we won't go back there." she answered as she took out the Jigglypuf's pokeball "By the way, it's enough. You go back in your ball too." a flash of red absorbed the pink pokemon, and same happened to Sombra who followed her closely. She used to like having her pokemon company but, for the moment, it would be good to be alone.

(OOC: For the purpose of those reading, popcorning is something guinea pigs do when they are happy, a sort of twitch and a little hop into the air. We call it popcorning because it looks like a kernel of popcorn popping.)
The dreamy aura around Phi intensified as her opponent arrived, slipping like glassy water over the softly churning air as the crowds mumble grew, crescendoed, then stretched thin and dispersed. The women's gaze floated, ambled towards her opponent as she pressed the pokeball between her shirt and her coat, so as to secure it in place while her hand slipped again through the musty heat of her coat into the hoarded coolness of the fossilized bag, the position revealing the threadbare corners, bitten and worn by edges of books, ever so slightly as she sifted through its contents, clutching the pokeball tight against her chest.

The actions she was making not warranting her gaze, Phi studied her opponent, fixing upon Bailey the aimless wandering of her eyes, and it appeared, from her swift, secretive movements, that she was making an unconscious effort to hide the bag that was adorned with the drooping petals, and had done so many times before. Her eyes and mind connected. She had a sense of recollection, like she had seen the girl before, but Phi had traveled a lot, and what had happened yesterday seemed as distant as what had happened a year before today, and what would happen a year from it.

The girl, in her nervous manner, cloaked by the smile she wore, reminded Phi of a Dedenne, with her senses heightened, always wondering what was this and what was that. She had the look of someone rather indecisive but also slightly worried and Phi, in her mind's eye, saw just the picture of the small rodent, with its whiskers quivering, and its eyes twitching to and fro, knowing what was happening in the world, but powerless to stop it. Wearing a smile that was fake, and then realizing that perhaps the world wasn't so scary after all, and spreading her smile into a full-out grin, with wrinkles beneath her eyes and the lot of it. After all, the little Dedenne was a fairy type- she had that hidden interior, that aura of mystery, the power of the unknown in her tiny, scuttling grasp. The fairy type, Phi contemplated, was one of the most mysterious, and one of the most common to smile when you really should frown. Nevermind that. They often served a great source of surprise as well and surprise was a great, powerful emotion that sparked fire in one's veins, light in one's eyes, ferocity of power in mind, ferocity of revenge, and wit. Not only that but, on the battle field, surprise was in its most potent form, and its most inspirational.

Phi had retrieved from the bag, coddled beneath her coat, a pair of goggles and a deck of cards, tied with a rubber band. She fondled the goggles in her left hand for a moment, feeling the numerous dents and scratches that the pair of eye wear adorned as if she hadn't actually meant to take them out. Her fingers, stained, smudged grey, traced over the plastic lenses, rubbed against the thick strap, seemed to feel grains of sand whipping, chafing her skin, and then slipped them back into the frigid air of her bag. Her eyes, aimless as ever, refocused, as if for a moment she had completely lost reality.

"The two competitors have entered the arena! We anxiously await their Pokemon's release!" the announcer called in his screech of a shout.

Retrieving the muddied pokeball, Phi imagined she felt the blood in her veins stir, pulse a little faster, as if the tranquil wind she had been riding had begun to pick up pace, to scurry across the field. She cast an eye towards the sky, its perfect blue picture smudged with wisps of clouds, as if some three year old had taken an eraser up to the vast blue canvas and had a field day, then gave up before all the blue had been swept away by the magic of the end of his pencil. Switching the pokeball into her right hand, and the worn, warped deck into her left, Phi held it's rough, muddied skin daintily on her palm and, with a spark, a shock of electricity that stretched thinly across the air, released her Pokemon.

There was a drastic change in color on the battlefield. Phi had seen it as a soft orange, milky, creamy, pool awaiting the muddling of battle, of wit and power and intensity. Now, as if it had been a lake dashed by a pebble, the orange rippled into a dazzling yellow, a sharp, tangy kind of yellow, a hyper, bright kind of yellow. Memories swirled, and the corners of Phi's mouth rose slightly in a grin.

Phi blinked, gazing at her partner. His fur was thick and tussled, as if thrown every which way by a thrilling wind, yet seemingly had a greater affinity for gravity than it should have, the dim yellow tufts of a mane mussed playfully in a scene strangely akin to that of a bedhead. The ruffled Manectric seemed to blaze with static, and his fur, sticking out every which way, caused a joyfully prickly appearance. Someone with a boyish nature would almost imagine that hugging the ruffled Pokemon would feel bristly and coarse, yet strangely comforting, like the hairs of a horse, or a bed of musty hay. But more worthy of attention than the bed head of a Pokemon was what he wore on his feet.

Upon each paw, crusted with mud, bound tight to his feet by the pure coziness of its fit, was a black boot. They were made of thick, coarse, rubber, durable yet strangely flexible, and stretched about five inches up the legs of the four foot three electric Pokemon. Despite the strangeness of his attire, the Manectric seemed overjoyed at the rugged, dirt-crusted, muddied boots, adding to his display by bashing his front paws into the ground as if to declare them his, and Phi was relieved that they had made the long trip to Unova, where a shoe maker had forged his prized boots into being.

The air fizzed with electricity, and from the moment Osh landed on the ground, he was moving. He bucked his legs into the air, thudded his feet against the turf, twisted and turned and leaped into the sky like a foal on a summer day who just realized that the sun was up and the grass was lush and life was good. He exuded an intensity of excitement, and the thick-soled boots he wore bucked against the ground with a thwomp and a thump. Osh was ready to fight, and the playful joy that he exuded threatened to overpower even the dreamy atmosphere of his trainer, as her cheeks wrinkled, and she smiled involuntarily. It was memory that caused it. It was memory that caused everything.

Throughout the folds of time, where many memories slipped away, this one had remained. She could see it so clearly, despite the long passage between then and now. A hyper little Electrike, dancing in a swamp, bucking his heels into the air, striking mud in waves, catapulting himself into space and twisting, trying to land again on his feet, perhaps missing, but always getting back up again. Now that she thought about it, it wasn't a dance, as the word implied. No, it was much more of a popcorning, a twitch of excitement overgrown, a buck for the pure purpose that he is alive, and he can buck, and the rain is washing over his bed headed form, battering his bed headed form, bucking with his bead headed form, and he is alive, and the rain is alive with him.

How strange. She'd have never thought about it that way. No, the thought would have never entered her brain! At least, not until she saw him. There was always something that couldn't be fathomed, and you never knew you couldn't fathom it, until one day someone showed you you could.

Was there something she was missing now? Wasn't there always? But was there something... greater, something right beneath her nose? Yes, Phi thought there was, but what it was... now that was the question.

I am swept in a storm of a thousand hailstones, and searching for the eye.

Her opponent was far beyond what Bailey could have originally imagined. The way she moved and how her eyes scanned over the feild was dreamlike and it seemed as if this trainer was on an unearthly world miles from there in Geosenge. Bailey found herself wondering how living a life in a dream would be- her dreams were never very lucid or vivid in the first place and she rarely had one worthwhile. Its been a long time when she last encountered such a Pokemon trainer- one who's atmosphere alone can sway their opponent or audience. For the first time in a long time Bailey felt glad to be faced with such a challenge- and boy was she more than just a teeny bit determined to put up her best effort.

The announcer directed Bailey's wandering attention back to the match as he announced how anticipated the crowd was for the grand reveal of the partners being used in this battle. Phi made the first move to release her Pokemon- and to be entirely honest Bailey had never thought she would experience more of a shock than that of a Tynamo's in Chargestone Cave, but as soon as this Pokemon touched the ground the air simply buzzed with heightening electicty and static. The Pokemon was more than impressive as well. Phi had released a Manetric. The dreamy trainer seemed to recall many thoughts at once as she gazed upon her parter- Bailey envied her. The thoughts clearly were not those of a strategic or serious manner, but rather memories? Bailey warned herself of the dangers of battling a Pokemon with a strong bond to it's trainer because clearly those two have been partners for longer than she could guess.

Upon the Manetric's paws were small, black boots that gave quite the charming appeal. They matched the excited bounces and bucks into the air that the Manetric seemed to display happily. Bailey noticed how carefree this Pokemon was and how much fun it seemed to be having. She smiled and closed her eyes momentarily to look down. What was this feeling? Nervousness, anticipation, or worry? No- far from it she realized. The playfulness of the Manetric opposing her had amused her for unexplainable reasons, but that had not formed an negative thoughts about the match ahead. Excitement was a far better word to describe this emotion. Bailey took a deep breath and reached behind her, into her blue waist bag, and pulled out a Dusk Ball. Normally at this time she would confidently shout her Pokemon's name as they entered the feild with a mighty roar, but this battle would be far from normal- anyone could tell that by this point. Instead wordlessly Bailey released her partner, confident but humbled all the same.

Once the red glow subsided, Cosmo stood there, puffing her chest out proudly. The large Pokemon glanced back at her trainer- unusually quiet in this situation. Cosmo seemed the slightest bit different- be it her eyes, posture, or maybe her attitude. Yet Bailey hardly noticed it and nodded at her partner confidently. However, she stood there somewhat awkwardly for a few moments before feeling uncomfortable. 'Should I be making a move now?' She thought as she gazed around the stadium, and gently messed with the locket Zephious had given her only minutes before. Bailey shot a glance at Cosmo, who sighed in turn and tensed up her long, powerful body. "Umm, I'm not sure who's supposed to make the first move- so forgive me if this rubs off as a rude gesture." She called across the feild to her opponent as she prepared to command Cosmo to attack. "Ok, let's start with Swagger!" Bailey commanded and the Serperior was off as fast as she could slither across the field. The large snake Pokemon attempted to get in close in order to preform the move correctly.

"So, it looks like a Manetric VS a Serperior, though Cosmo has a slight advantage, this battle could go either way", Curt observed as the two Pokemon stood ready for battle. Curt had gotten a close look at Cosmo, she was a very powerful looking Pokemon indeed, but that Manetric, Osh, was he called? Osh looked far from a slouch as well, indeed, this Phi looked like quite the powerful trainer in her own right, in the end, it looked like both trainers trainers had their work cut out for each other.

Meanwhile, Luna marched her way out of the tournament, eyes locked in the ground, clearly her defeat had shaken her up a tad. So much so that she apparently wasn't paying to much attention to where she was going, and accidentally ended up bumping into a women who, incidentally, seemed to be making her way towards the arena. The two bumped into each other, causing the other women to drop the phone she was looking at on the the ground with a "CLATTER"! However, the women seemed less concerned about her phone and more worried that she bumped into someone.

"OHMPH! O-oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going!", the women said as she pulled herself together. The women looked to be in her early thirties, she had her dark red hair in a bun with a soft face with light blue eye's, which were currently looking at Luna with an apologetic expression in them. She wore a long, yet light, tan jacket over a grey shirt and deep black pants, which, noticeably, had several Pokeballs strapped to a belt.

"I've just been so busy lately and- wait a second, weren't you that girl who was just battling in the tournament?", the women said, her eye's widening in recognition, "yes, Luna, wasn't it? That was quite the battle, you and your opponent both fought extraordinary well, if I might say, shame that Scolipede got on early toxic on you! Oh, where are my manors, I haven't even introduced myself and I've already started rambling, my name is Auryia, a pleasure to meet you!" Though the women shot Luna a warm smile though her face was clearly full of intrigue at meeting the Pokemon Trainer.

"Oh, I'm getting distracted again, by chance have you seen a Stoutland pass you by recently, he ran off by his own again, and I'm a afraid he might get himself into mischief again!", Auryia said as she took a quick look around for her Big-Hearted Pokemon.

Last edited:
Zephious was shocked by the stunning yet anticlimactic conclusion of the battle. He felt sympathetic towards Luna, as he knew the same pain she was going through as she made a mad dash out of the stadium. Tough luck, but defeat was something that everyone goes through at least once he supposed. Anyhow, Gerald was a force to reckon with, Zephious would need to learn more about him ASAP.

Zephious after a few more thoughts turned his attention to the upcoming match between Bailey and a person named Phi. He immediately released Angel and inquired him to read Phi's character and immediate thoughts using telepathy. Angel tried, but all he found was that Phi was a very perceptive person, maybe perhaps a dreamer he explained to Zephious. Zephious was shocked as this was one of the few people Angel couldn't read very well, they would have to be most careful of this Phi.

He concluded his thoughts when Phi sent out a Manetric and Bailey sent out Cosmo. He looked at the two Pokémon closely. Both Pokémon held themselves up highly, giving each other full eye contact. This was crucial Zephious knew, as it meant that they considered each other equal adversaries on the field of battle, and that either side wouldn't step down for anything.

Cosmo started of with a Swagger move, that move would be very effective as this was a battle of pride as well as a physical battle. Battle aside, the thought of Luna storming off came back to Zephious, what if Bailey lost and did the same? He wanted to be able to help her if it did happen, so he decided to call for a few favors around town, you know, a restaurant owner, a florist, and a jeweler- all people that Zephious's family had done business with before. Besides, even if she did win it would be a nice congratulations gift.

The air simply buzzed with color. As the Serperior's form materialized, the blaring red glow of a pokemon's release didn't fade, but rather spread, creeping over the tingling air and taking on a deep scarlet hue. As it traversed across the field, the scarlet so deep it was almost maroon seemed to slither away from the royal pokemon, and in its absence manifested a purple so dark it seemed black, and the serpent seemed to bask within its glow, as chilling as the stare the snake was told to possess. The Serperior's emerald scales and lighter, ice green coloring contrasted shockingly with the darkness that seeped from it, and Phi couldn't help but gather a sense of pride from one who stood out so greatly from their surroundings.

Beneath the vast tide of color, the serpent's trainer held her ground, painted in stark white as the Dedenne-esque creature fidgeted on the field. Yes, Bailey was a Dedenne. Those expressions, so bewildered at themselves, so determined, so silent, so... excited. Reality warped, and Phi could see her brain ticking, Phi could see her eyes leaping, beady with calculation! And that smile- yes, that smile, a grin on such a solemn field. Phi's eyes didn't miss the fidgets of her hands, the sweeping of her gaze as if it couldn't find out where to settle. How engrossing.

"Umm, I'm not sure who's supposed to make the first move- so forgive me if this rubs off as a rude gesture."
Even her voice twitched in the air, and yet... the symbolism couldn't stretch far enough. No, Phi was missing something, something the picture of her mind didn't fully embrace, some object of character that perched at the end of her nose, obvious and yet so hard to see. But then again, what could first impressions really mark in accuracy?

"Not at all," Phi responded, her voice slipping, sweeping through the field. "Not at all," she repeated, as if doing so held more power, as if doing so reminded her of its meaning.

"Ok, let's start with Swagger!"

Tendrils of scarlet clashed with the bright, tangy, hyper yellow as the color seeped further into the field, filling every crack, every scratch with a deep, solid maroon, and Phi sensed the tension, sensed the excitement, sensed the power! The battle had reared its head, and was racing full-throttle into being! So too, had the serpent slipped, slithered across the field, rocketed towards Osh as if to claim the first attack as her own.

The first command had been given. The battle had begun.

Yet Phi remained calm. In the space of time between Osh's release and her opponent's move, Phi had released the cards from the chains of the rubber band, slipped it upon her wrist, and began to shuffle the deck in her stained hands, their warped edges shuffling into place as she gripped the deck between thumb, fore finger, and middle finger, let friction maintain her hold as she slipped the cards out, placed them at the front of the deck, and repeated the process again. Now, the serpent neared, the colors clashed, the battle began.

Red, Rain Dance. Black, Electric Terrain. Ace of diamonds. Rain Dance.

"Osh, Electric Terrain," she commanded, although it sounded less like a command and more like a suggestion. It appeared she had changed her mind on a whim, or perhaps it just greater suited the mood of battle that had arisen so far.

The Manectric bucked his heels into the air in response, then took all four booted feet upon the ground and dashed straight towards the snake, who had slithered more than two thirds the way over the field in the moment it took for Phi to call her command. The gap closed ever swiftly between the two, and they were twelve feet, ten feet, six feet from clashing when the Discharge Pokemon swerved towards the left, his rough-soled black boots quick to gain traction even at such a sharp turn. He came to resemble lightning, so quick to leap away, to zig zag to its hearts content, and the serpent, it seemed, took the place of thunder- faster, larger, intimidating.

Osh had begun to gather electricity. As he switched direction again, the Pokemon's bed head of a mane had begun to spark and fizz, and arcs of power leapt like fleas out of the fur, to scuttle through the air and disappear into the ground. Osh could move quickly and sporadically, double back, turn on a dime, zig zag across the field, and in this way they could prevent the serpent from nearing close enough to pull of its attack. But the move was fully charged, and in its release (and what beauty the move would be as the Pokemon discharged the energy from its mane, and it spread like a tidal wave to make the field his!), Osh would be vulnerable. The serpent would no doubt be fast enough to regain control of the field in a matter of moments- the question was whether the booted fiend could pull of his attack quicker than the regal serpent could catch up with reality.

The Pokemon was at a great risk of confusion. Osh could move quickly, and Osh could move sporadically, but never could they dream of out-speeding a Serperior long enough to use a move and escape unscathed. At their current position, paused on the field, mane sparking, positioned in the top left corner, close to Bailey, the move of their opponent was inevitable, and to an onlooker, it would appear that the dreamy girl and her hyper Pokemon were stalling. Perhaps they were. Although Phi was not the most inclined to strategy, Ai had taught her to watch for the opponent's weak points, and her own. She ceased the shuffling of cards, clenched them in her left hand, felt, was sure she felt, her blood stir a little more, and though it was an intense sort of stir, it did not scream of anger's fire, it was not pinched by fear's icicles, it simply was. She couldn't think of another way to explain it.

Only after the battle would the flurry of her mind settle down long enough to sulk again in memory. A long time ago, she would recall, Osh had taught Phi another lesson. One that molded her style of battling today. When Phi went to catch Osh, all those years ago, she was an absolute failure as a trainer. But Osh’s sporadic style of combat allowed Phi to realize something. She didn’t have to be the most amazing strategist of all time to guide her Pokemon, certainly, it was something she couldn't do as herself. All she needed to do was know them, listen to them, let them take action and she guide the insane frenzy. They had to embrace themselves in battle, not some silly set of decisions. That was real battle. That was how Phi battled. Sure, mastery was far, discovery was far from over, she was still learning, she was even still growing now! But that moment of realization- that was priceless, even though the failure, at that moment, hadn't suddenly become the success. Hard work was the cause of every reward, but that style of battling, to let her Pokemon embrace themselves- that was how she had grown to fight.

And even if they didn't realize it, that was how the world battled. She just couldn't see it until then.

Luna would have won if she had chosen Faws instead of Dilema. She would have won if she had teached her Mismagius healing bell when she had the chance. There were just so many ways she would have won that battle, and she was so lost between them that the real world had become fuzzy, and the only thing of it she could felt between the posibilities was the sensation of her body hitting against another one.

"OHMPH! O-oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going!"
exclaimed a woman with her blue eyes looking at her in regret. "I've just been so busy lately and-" a little silence, almost imperceptible, stopped her apologize "wait a second, weren't you that girl who was just battling in the tournament?" Luna's blue eyes got aparted from the woman as she heard those wors. The tournament, the one she had lost. "yes, Luna, wasn't it? That was quite the battle, you and your opponent both fought extraordinary well, if I might say, shame that Scolipede got on early toxic on you! Oh, where are my manors, I haven't even introduced myself and I've already started rambling, my name is Auryia, a pleasure to meet you!"

"Yeah, I'm that Luna." she answered still too frustrated to worry about her own manners. She didn't even bothered in trying to look her in the eyes or smiling, why would she smile if she didn't want to?

"Oh, I'm getting distracted again, by chance have you seen a Stoutland pass you by recently, he ran off by his own again, and I'm a afraid he might get himself into mischief again!" Auryia took a fast look around her, maybe trying to find the pokemon that she had just lost.

In any other case, she would have left inmediatly. She didn't care about that woman's Stoutland, she had just bumped her in the hall and that was all, there was no reason for her to worry about her pokemon.

But something in that woman had given her a strange feeling. Maybe it was because of her kind blue eyes or the cheery way she talked, but something in that red haired woman had reminded her of her mother, who was now in Unova probably believing her daughter was winning a tournament. "I don't think I've seen a Stoutland nearby..." Luna said lowering her look "But maybe I could help you searching for it..."

"Osh, Electric Terrain," The command almost sounded like a request rather than a command in Bailey's perspective. Electric Terrain. The move was fairly foreign and it took a lot of work to try to recall it's effects. Her brow was slightly raised upwards as she tried to multitask and watch the battle simultaneously. The move was spectacular to be honest. The show of sparks flying everywhere spilling with power and energy. It was revitalizing. The Manetric seemed to sparkle in pure power as he executed the move. Osh, the Manetric Bailey recalled, rushed forwards and for a moment Bailey was sure Cosmo and Osh were going to collide. She could almost sense the slight sense of panic on her Pokemon's side- the decision was to be made now. Continue and maybe suffer a slight headache or a sore muscle or two from the collision? Or veer off in another direction and risk loosing the balance and momentum needed to execute the Swagger move correctly. There was the chance that maybe Osh would loose his balance and allow the Seperior to attack. However that decision was not meant to be hers to make.

The Manetric veered off to the sides, using the friction caused by his boots to make such a sharp turn effortlessly. Cosmo lost control in her wild chase to catch up with the zig zagging electric type. Bailey didn't even have time to worry about the Serperior- her eyes were glued to Osh. The Manetric dodged back and forth with sparks sizzling through the air and extinguishing the instant they connect with Earth's surface. The display of power, the absolute precision of each movement, the connection her two opponents share was beyond what Bailey anticipated- even beyond what she originally thought. Her mind became lost in that very moment. Doubt swirled through her mind until a single pure thought peirced through all the other ones. No plan for this battle. No strategizing. This battle obviously was best fought on instinct. Having fun- maybe that would be the key to this match.

Bailey erased the doubt on her face and replaced it with a smile. She couldn't count how many times she'd done that in the last 48 hours, but it seemed to be forming into a habit. Quickly she glanced across the feild where her Pokemon was struggling to regain control. It was far too slow. Normally she wouldn't be that slow. Nonetheless Bailey watched as Cosmo regained enough control to counterattack. "Try using Shadow Ball to trip Osh." Bailey called, trying to remain calm. Her Pokemon shot her a glance, and Bailey hoped no one realized her mistake. The small ball of dark energy formed at the Serperior's mouth, and once it was large enough, it was released. The ball of shadowy muck flew in the direction of Osh- whether the attack managed to hit wasn't certain at this point.

Curt stood silent, his eye's glued to the match, both trainers were commanding their Pokemon with focus, grace, and authority, and the Pokemon responded to their trainers with promptness, understanding, and power. Curt remembers that tickets to the arena cost ₱ 10,000 for the cheap seats, and ₱ 50,000 for the seats Zeph had took Baily too! Though some would have called that price outrageous, Curt had to say that the battles that were being presented to them were well worth the price of admission. Granted, Curt didn't have to pay due to being a part of the tournament, but he would have still gladly have payed good money to have him and his friends watch the tournament.

Curt saw Bailey and Cosmo open up with Swagger, a smart choice, confusing your opponent to get a few easy hits early on was a good idea, plus, Manetric (in general) preferred long ranged attacks over physical ones, so increasing Osh's physical strength was unlikely to come back and bite them later. Osh countered by successfully working through the confusion and throwing down an Electric Terrain, thus turning the battlefield to their advantage! This caused Cosmo to immediately go back on the offensive with a straight forward what Bailey called a Shadow Ball attack, which confused Curt for a second, until he remembered Bailey's other Pokemon that she introduced last night! Clever, very clever, Curt saw that the majority of his team mates caught on to her strategy too, Embertail, Jasper, even Raviel let out a cheer. Lockjaw sat, wide eyed and stunned at the battle, and both Flare and Whips gave a small smile at their cleverness.

As Curt kept his eye's on the Pokemon and their trainer's, Curt was quickly coming to understand what Zeph saw in Bailey, she had a certain presence of power, calm, and coolness that one rarely saw in people, that made you want to push yourself to be better. Also, Curt had to admit with a small smirk, she was kinda pretty with her big, blue eye's and graceful movements. Curt found himself admitting a small chuckle at what Zeph would think if Curt tried to make a move, but he would never do something like that to him, Zeph obviously saw something special in the girl, something that went beyond her looks, and Bailey obviously saw something in Zeph that went beyond his money, and Curt wouldn't be so petty as to try and drive something between them. Besides, there was another girl Curt already had his eye's after, but this was not the time to think of that, right now all he wanted to do was watch the battle with his friends!

______________________________________________________________________________________

"O-Oh no, I couldn't possibly....", Auryia began before she stopped and looked Luna dead in the eyes, and, for a moment, they was complete silence. Auryia's face had suddenly adopted a serious figure as she locked her gaze with Luna's as though staring into her very soul. Then, as soon as her harder demeanor came, it seemed to have vanished, as her previously held smile immediately returned to her face.

"Actually, yes, thank-you, I could use the help, thank-you", Auyria said as her face returned to it typical cheerfulness, "if it helps, his name is Denver if that helps at all, and he had a particulate love of hot dogs, I must admit, I'm not terribly familiar with the lay out of this stadium, would you by chance know where the food stand would be located, if so, I will follow your lead", Auryia said as she gestured at Luna to take point.

"So, you are Sue Cohans, the famous actress's daughter, right? If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to get into Pokemon training instead of acting like you mother, aside from your obvious skill with Pokemon that is", the red haired women said as she followed, "I mean, you certainly have the looks for it, though perhaps not the natural acting skills your mother had, and I mean no offense, but you aren't doing the best job at hiding that something is bothering you, and I don't believe it is JUST your loss earlier." Auyria finished her sentence by shooting Luna a half-smile, hoping she did't take her remark to seriously. She had a gut feeling she knew EXACTLY what was bothering the young trainer, but she felt that bringing up the issue directly would only cause the girl to shove away her emotions further.

Meanwhile, an adorable Stoutland had spent the past five minutes sitting near a food stand keeping one eye on Hot-Dogs rotate in a rotisserie, the other on a line of people ordering food at the stand. Waiting patiently for someone to order one of those delectable meat sticks so he could deploy his clever arts, he was dog that knew how to get what he wanted, and would stoop to any means to get it! Eventually, an man with a Braxien who was reading a magazine of some kind finally appeared to be ordering what the Big-Hearted Pokemon truly desired, the sacred HOT DOG. Wasting no time, the Stoutland immediately went over to the trainer and his Braxien companion. sat right in front of him, AND....unleashed some of the cutest puppy dog eye's Kalos had ever seen, tail wagging all the while!

Denver wanted his Hot Dog....

Last edited:
His muscles seemed to chortle, they seemed electrified. They were tense and strong, power filled, and Osh couldn't contain their energy. His glee was apparent as they pulsed, twitched, catapulted him across the electrified field, the web of electricity that coated the floor like a light fog enveloping him in its power. Osh never wanted to stop moving.

Soon, very soon- he could sense it, like a tidal wave about to clash on the shore- Phi would allow him to attack. She would suggest, in a voice that had once been dull, she would flick her hand, she would shuffle her cards, and then the words, travelling faster than he could, would reach his ears. To fly as fast as sound did, now that would be a feat! And the words, so fleet of foot, would say... he could feel it, as if they had already been cast, as if all that was left was for him to play the card! Thunderbolt. It'd be a Thunderbolt!

He cast an elated black eye towards her form. He always had an eye on the form. One eye on the battle, one eye on Phi. She'd pulled a card from the deck as if plucking a flower from a field, always swift, yet always slow. How could she be so calm, when the world, the world sparked, and the world flew! Ah, but Phi was Phi, he supposed.

The air was shifting. His electric field was being torn, threads, he could sense, threads of energy were being cut, then clasping each other once more in its wake. Its wake? Was something nearing? He could smell it- The air was colder, the air was danker, the air belonged to something darker. It was! Something was close!

Osh reared, cutting his run short, only now processing the image as a dark ball of muck cut through the air. It collided with the ground (His ground!) where his boots had resided, and the Discharge Pokemon tossed his head in defiance, twisting his body so that he landed on all fours, facing opposite where he had been. He stamped his right boot against the floor, listening to his heart thump a little louder, his chest rise a little faster, and knowing Phi felt the same, for his flailing legs, though recovered quickly, had easily been hit by the unexpected attack.

The Pokemon snorted. His serpent opponent was in for it now- his mane was fully charged, and he wanted to run! Like some sort of toddler avenging a petty crime, he stamped his legs, awaiting the go ahead to attack. It was coming soon, very soon, and then-!

Wait... what was this? It was darker, it was a sharp feeling, a tangy feeling, an uncertain feeling that he felt sure was his own. It wasn't his, though- no, it was Phi's. Phi was... surprised? His eye caught the face, and saw eyes narrow, yet lips smiling. His friend had always liked surprises, he supposed, even in the heat of battle. Especially in the heat of battle.

"Thunderbolt. Counter it, Osh," her voice rang in his ears. His cue, his cue!

The Manectric focused his energy, feeling the electricity in his terrain skitter, bound up his legs to join the attack before splitting the electricity from his bedhead fur, sending it out towards his opponent. The powerful electric type attack threaded through the air, a web of electricity travelling in a large arc, as if leaning towards the left, yet ending in the place his opponent was all the same. It resembled most a large flock of Spearow, all generally together in a crowd, but not actually one entity, picking up power and speed as more threads of electricity joined the ranks, leaping, sparking to join the crowd, and the energy pulsed, dashed around one another, intertwined, twisted, and turned. He flicked his head with a sort of glee.

Sure, he could make it more condensed, straighter, narrower. But that caused a large amount of concentration, and Osh despised concentration. He preferred instinct, he preferred quick and fast and sporadic. Concentrate? He'd rather be off and running.

Ever since the victory against Luna, Gerald had been mindlessly (well, somewhat) wandering the festival. Other than an organized visit to the local Pokemon center, he just walked around with no rhyme or reason. He did eventually find an ice cream place, as he promised the Scolipede: but that was twenty minutes ago, and the Scolipede had been put away. June on the other hand seemed to be glued to her magazine: for some reason reading the same article over and over again. But why? It didn't seem enthralling towards him, but June liked it, and that's what mattered, right?

A food stand attracted Gerald, or rather, the Hotdogs in it. He was hungry after all that walking around, and probably was June: then again, she acted indifferent about such things. Getting into line, he eventually noticed a large dog like pokemon. A Stoutland, he heard about those before. It's eyes were fixed on roasting hot dogs, most likely wanting one.

By the time Gerald had obtained the greasy meat in a bun, the Stoutland romped on over, obviously wanting a bite. He was about to rip off a tiny piece and hand it to him, until the darned pooch gave him the sweetest puppy dog eyes he ever seen. It almost melted his heart, so much, he ripped off half the hot dog and gave it to the oversized dog without hesistation.

June's eyes peered up from her magazine long enough to spot the Stoutland begging for the hotdog. She remembered her days of begging for food as a Fennekin: good times. She noticed all the fur the elegant dog displayed. Ever so cautiously, she extended her hand out to pet the smooth fur on the Stoutland. It seemed friendly enough, but it might act aggressive while eating: hopefully that wasn't the case for June's sake.

How on Earth did Phi manage to handle Osh?

Bailey watched the Shadow ball collide with the ground near the Manetric and the electric type jumped away. Though maybe that wasn't the best of ideas? Osh seemed upset and a little defiant at what had happened. Bailey couldn't imagine trying to communicate with such a fast paced and energetic Pokemon. Sunny, her Helioisk, was already hard enough to handle with his constant movement and his thoughts bouncing in his head as incessantly as time moves on a clock. Was it the electric typing? Raviel- at least that's what she thought his name was- the Jolteon sure had quite the sparky personality. Although, to be honest, didn't all of Curt's Pokemon have more than enough personality to go around twice?

Bailey was sidetracking and that wasn't the best idea in the current activity she was participating in. Phi was going to counterattack and she wasn't even paying attention! Great job on her part.

Thunderbolt. This move was far more familiar to Bailey. An electric type move among the strongest of all electric type moves- behind the crushing damage of legendary moves like Bolt Strike and extremely powerful moves such as Zap Cannon. From her studies, Bailey could also recall that Thunderbolt has a low, about 10%, chance of paralyzing it's opponent. She hoped desperately that it wouldn't come to that. Paralysis was among the last of the things she needed to worry about in this battle behind the striking power the Electric Terrain was giving Osh. Or maybe it didn't give the Manetric any power which is a scary thought. If hes always that energetic this battle will not be any more in her favor than it already is. Which, by the way, probably wasn't in her favor in the first place.

The attack was launched, a bright arc of sizzling electricity flew through the air- the sparks seemingly as excited to battle as Osh seemed to be. The stream of sparks raced towards her Pokemon, but Bailey wasn't concerned. Grass was resistant to electric attacks right? Suddenly her heart stopped in her chest and she nearly choked in her stupidity. Her own plan got the better of her.

"No! Dodge it! Get out of the way!" Bailey shouted at her Pokemon in panic- but it was far too late. The Thunderbolt hit it's mark, not directly though. Out of common sense Cosmo began to move out of the way, but she was way too slow. The electric attack hit the Serperior's side and caused an usual reaction. Large puffs of smoke appeared upon impact. Instead of a large, grassy snake within the aftermath of Thunderbolt- a Zoroark stood there, hunched over in defeat. His illusion failed. Bailey looked as deflated as her Pokemon- that plan didn't work nearly as long as she would have wanted it to.

"Yarrow- its alright. Come on- that plan foiled them for a bit. Maybe- I have no way to read this opponent." The Zoroark was in talking distance of his trainer so Bailey had no need to shout. Maybe her voice traveled across the field. Maybe not. But now was no time to worry about whether her opponent heard her doubts. "So I know how much fun you have imitating, why not trying to channel a bit of that energy and enthusiasm? Night Slash." Bailey asked more kindly knowing that Yarrow's abilities upset himself. With a nod and a devilish grin the dark type dashed off at speeds that must have been hard to reach as a snake. Yarrow obviously enjoyed his normal form- the muscles much more used to balancing like this. However the Thunderbolt had taken it's toll- a small injury on Yarrow's left shoulder was highly visible. As he ran a large mass of dark energy formed around his ruby red claws. The distance was closing in between Osh and Yarrow, but both Bailey and Yarrow knew that the Manetric was easily capable of dodging the attack if he felt the need to.

Phi blinked.
Phi blinked again.
She smiled. A Zoroark! Such a splendid dark hue it emanated, rippling the crimson with splotches of black, like ink splatters on a page. It clashed sharply with Osh's vibrant yellow, and seemed to mingle within the electric terrain that had claimed the field as its own, like shadows cast by a spider web, it threaded beneath the blanket of electricity. She marveled at the trick, and a word entered her head, the spice of excitement, doubt, and surprise still ripe in her mind.
"Mirage," she muttered. Not the right word, to sweet. "Phantom... Chains. Unchained."
There were more, words were fluttering into her brain, linking together, breaking apart, swirling in a manner akin to a great big, magnificent, delicious stew. But she could not focus on it now. Instead, the girl took a moment to drink it all in, arching her back just slightly as she reveled, almost sulked, within the power of those words, within the power of the trickery at hand on the field. She swept her arm, and they became only memory.

Words rolled over the air. Ghosts of words. Phi only obtained the realization that someone was speaking, her mind distorted what she heard, and in the wisps of sound, thin as lone smoke trails, as a threadbare coat, she sensed worry, and she sensed strength. Her eyes, so dreamy, so lost, focused slightly, just as they had at the beginning of the match, and they focused upon her opponent's smile, as she seemed to break from her speech towards the Zoroark. Phi had the sense it had been a motivational speech as, though she couldn't hear the words, she caught drifts of the tone.

You know, Dedenne, to frown isn't a crime. But then again, I suppose to smile isn't either. Very well.

The Zoroark had begun to move. Osh had retreated, with a buck of his legs, a respectable distance back in the spare time, but as the Zoroark swept through his terrain, the folds of electricity splitting around his(?) feet and mingling again behind him, Phi knew she had only moments to decide what to do. One might think she wasn't a fan of quick decisions, and perhaps she wasn't, but Phi was battling impulsively. This was Osh's battle- she would conform to Osh's will. She would not order, she would suggest. She would confirm. She would allow. She would guide.

So what did Osh want to do? Stay in, or race away?

Her gaze fell towards him. His paws were twitching, his kinked tail was thrashing, his bright black eyes were sour. Electricity scuttled around his form as he stood in place, swarming up his legs like ants up a tree. He tossed his head, and stamped his right paw against the ground.

Phi closed her eyes, although it appeared more like a prolonged blink. The more spiritual among us would declare she was feeling her Pokemon, shutting off her senses to connect with his energetic soul. The more factual would think she was processing the information, awaiting the coming of the right decision. Perhaps a fraction of both are correct.

Darkness swept across her canvas, the touch of the wind on her skin faded, the noise of the stands, and of the Pokemon dispersed, and she was swaddled in the oblivion of nothing. She called to her Pokemon, and her voice was distant and fragile in the fog.

"Osh." Her eyes flew open, and the half a second blink was over. "Stay in, start preparing your discharge. Gather more electricity than you need."

Osh was delighted. He stomped his boot into the ground one last time before keeping it rooted to the spot, and the tendrils of electricity slithered up his body like serpents, until the fog of the terrain around him seemed to thin. Though he held a firm position, and his opponent was only a split second away, he took a last minute dash towards the Zoroark as if he was giving in by not joining the charge, losing some ground, losing some sort of power. This was were Phi really came in. Now, she could guide.

Images clashed, fought for a place in her head. When Phi had opened her eyes, her senses had rushed back, stronger, harsher than before, because she welcomed every detail in. She had noticed the wound, she had noticed Osh's speed, the Zoroark's speed, her opponent's intellect, her own intellect. At that sliver of time, she knew everything that occurred on the field, she knew every movement, every thought, every action, every change in speed, every bit of damage taken, even the way in which the Pokemon's muscles moved she cataloged in her senses. That was Phi's job- to have an eye on everything.

"Stay on its left- your right!" Her voice had become much louder, faster, and it broke through the air like static on a television screen, so harsh was its demeanor, so insane were her eyes. Phi was in a frenzy. She seemed almost... wild, overcome by the senses she embodied. But there was that touch of sanity in her eyes. She was thinking. "Do everything in your power to avoid the right set of claws, let the left hit you!"

The two had clashed, and Osh was letting Phi's words guide his exact movements. Now was a time for concentration, and if he couldn't give any, Phi would. He stayed centered until the Zoroark was close enough to attack, before abruptly switching towards the right side, letting the frenzy of electricity determine his movements. When the Discharge Pokemon was struck, trying hard to hold his ground against the attack, Phi gave her allowance, and he released the discharge.

The wave of energy swept away from Osh's body, as if Osh were the sun, and the sun was expanding at an incredibly fast pace. It was an orb of electricity that seemed to swaddle his form, becoming thinner the farther it traveled. It required no concentration, no control, simply a wave of electricity straight from himself, from every puff of his bedhead fur, from every swathe of his sparking mane.

When the attack subsided, Osh was already off and running, seeming to have disappeared in the electric frenzy. He bounded across the field with a smirk on his face, as if daring his opponent to come and get him. The faster he ran, the more noticeable it became that his right front leg wasn't working quite perfectly, and his chest was puffing just that much harder for breathe, and perhaps, beneath the puffs of fur, there were a few more scratches than need be, but the matter didn't deter the creature. He just wanted to run and, thanks to Phi's decision, his mane had just enough energy to release an attack, meaning he wouldn't have to slow down nearly as much, if at all, to gather the bits and pieces of static he was missing from the air.

Phi's frenzy subsided, but it still hung in the air, in her grasp for when the time of wit came above the time of action. Osh had taken more damage than she would have wished, but the Pokemon, she knew from experience, refused to show he was at his end until he collapsed on the ground. For a moment, the two shared a glance.

Osh still had enough strength to last. His gaze told her everything.

Bailey shifted her weight. This whole situation was slightly intimidating; not to mention the precise planning Phi seemed to indulge herself in. No- she almost looked like she was asking Osh what to do. Certainly she could think a plan out of this simple maneuver, why consult her Pokemon? With the correct timing Phi no doubt would be able to eliminate Yarrow in a second; the poor Zoroark's confidence was broken at this point, yet he manifested in a devilish grin and obliged to Bailey's command. Bailey couldn't ask for better partners, but that still doesn't make an exception to the cold, hard facts. The Zoroark's weak point was exposed, his Illusion, and now this battle would slowly go down hill from here.

Yarrow grew closer and closer to Osh. His blood pumped as fast, probably faster, than Bailey's. This form was far more enjoyable than being a snake; he wondered how Cosmo managed to get around on a day to day basis. He no longer had to hold back his speed and there were no worries of unnatural movements that a Serperior couldn't preform that he could. Yarrow glanced back at his trainer who seemed to fidget around- constantly shifting her weight, changing her posture, and altering her composure far more than she probably realized. He realized that Osh was given a command, and the Manetric seemed to anticipate the attack. As much as Yarrow would have loved to go off on his own and trick up his opponent, he wouldn't act unless Bailey asked him to.

Bailey continued to watch the battle unfold. Yarrow seemed confident as he grew closer, but Phi had acted. Osh seemed to agree to the suggestion made by his trainer and the electric type dodged the right Shadow Claw, but allow the left one to hit. She couldn't help but admire the trust between her opponents at this point. As soon as Osh regained his control after taking the Shadow Claw, he used Discharge. "Far too close. Far too close." Bailey gasped and impulsively repeated herself in fear. The shockwave traveled right to Yarrow, who was only a few feet away at that point. She was so sure that it had ended with just two hits.

Yarrow growled as he was thrown back by the force of the discharge attack. He struggled to regain his balance midair, and ended up resorting to using his hands in order to steady himself as he landed. In that moment of using all four paws he realized, quite suddenly, that idea wasn't a smart one. Osh had sent the shockwave and it hit Yarrow's left shoulder first, the same one he injured earlier. It was evident that the Zoroark was in much discomfort; even when he stood up his right arm pressed the left closer to his side in order to protect it in any way he could.

It was also quite evident that at such close quarters, the damage sustained by Yarrow in that last hit would surely not help in the next attack. As Bailey predicted, this battle was going downhill.

Bailey smiled as she noticed Osh seem to huff a bit as he pranced around the feild, but Bailey couldn't tell if it was because of the damage inflicted upon him or the wear of dancing around the field. "Yarrow, try using a shockwave move yourself. Night Daze." She called to her Pokemon, who nodded in response. A wave of dark aura sprung forth from Yarrow and rushed through the battlefield and much like Osh's discharge, it slowly grew weaker and easier to dodge as it moved farther from its source.

"So, you are Sue Cohans, the famous actress's daughter, right? If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to get into Pokemon training instead of acting like you mother, aside from your obvious skill with Pokemon that is" Luna awkwardly aparted the look as she heard that question. Since she was a kid she had received lessons to be an artirst. She had learned to dance, sing, act and even a little bit of piano. Hoping for her daughter to become an artist, Sue gave to Luna her first pokemon: a small Igglybuf to practice singing with. The problem was that, whenever the pokemon started singing, she would fall sleep and end up having a nap.

Even though, the Igglybuf had it's adventages. When the night fell coldly on the sky, and the time to turn the lights off arrived, Luna had to admit she got scared, and sometimes would efuse to sleep the whole night just because of the idea of an Hypno coming for her or, worse, Darkai. Afortunadely, the Igglybuf would be there to acompain her and sing to her so she would fall asleep, she was probably the reason Luna stopped being afraid of the dark.

When she was eleven, Luna received her second pokemon, a small Eevee. The idea was for it to become a Sylveon, sadly the destiny wanted to play a little joke to them and suddenly, during the night, the Eevee evolved to the Umbreon that was now Sombra.

Sombra was her first Dark type pokemon, and at the same time the one that made her fall in love with them.

But Luna wasn't going to tell Auryia that whole story. "Well... I wasn't good at it" was everything she answered "By the way, we should be heading to wherever that Stoutland is..."

Luna decided Sombra was the best pokemon to find Denver, the Stoutland. Auryia and her were following her through the crowds, eventually stopping to see her wrinckling her nose or taking a look around the place. She was doing that when, suddenly, Sombra frowned. She began to walk faster than normal, forcing Luna and Auryia to do so too. When the Umbreon had stopped, they found themselves at a food shop.

"There it is!" exclaimed excitedly Luna as she spotted the great normal type, it made Sombra look so tiny...

The Umbreon suddenly aparted the looks from the Stoutland to stare into a new figure. Luna, intrigued, spoted there too, to find a familiar Braixen looking nostalgicaly at the Stoutland.

Something told Luna that an incredibly awkward moment was approaching.

Ai was drunk on the adrenaline of battle. His blank gaze, fraught with desire to lounge, had almost become steely, his half-lidded eyes had narrowed, and his whole body quivered as if afflicted by the disease of utter desire. The hunk of grainy cream and purple fur, sprawled out, tail peeling away from away his spine, twitched his leg, the front right one, and hallucinated its utter power. To be young and wild and free, to charge across the field without a second thought!

A flash of electricity trapped his gaze and mind. Phi's battle was underway. For a moment, Kebnia was swept in a flash of mild disdain as that fluff-headed thing pranced around the field, kicked his heels, rocketed away on perpetually muddied boots and stomped up the ground as if to proclaim it was his. His veins turned to venom, they pulsed in great bulges of stinging acidity as envy overwhelmed the hunk of a Skuntank. Propped up on his two front legs, the Pokemon drew his lips back in a snarl, and a low growl rampaged through the air, slowly and stiffly traversing through the crowd. How dare the creature dance! How dare the creature fight! How dare the creature prance, and be giddy, and be happy, when Kebnia was forced to the ground, forced to despair, forced to watch a dream he couldn't be!

Kebnia despised talent. It was simply unfair. Why did he have to work so hard, when that Pidove-brained beast could do it with a flick of his tail? "It wasn't fair!" He cried "It wasn't fair!"

We can't stop fighting our weaknesses, Keb.

We can't give up, Keb.

I know it seems futile, Keb.

We can do it... right, Keb?

Let's keep trying, Keb.

Please?

The Skuntank's curdled blood dyed down to a sluggish trickle, and his snarling lips relaxed and receded. He shook himself like a dog, dull eyes still shadowed with frustration, as if flicking cobwebs from his thick, gristly fur. Osh was a friend. Osh had always been a friend. Kebnia had to stop doing this.

"Yarrow, try using a shockwave move yourself. Night Daze"

Slumping back down upon the bench, his heap of a tail pressed close, the Skuntank's gaze pressed back down upon the field. The venom in his veins pumped through his body once more, but this time, it was duller, less fierce, more of a listless pulse. Phi's battles were always different to watch. The way she picked her moves, the way her Pokemon swung across the field, so different, and yet so similar. The way they embraced themselves, and refused to submit to calculated thought, but rather to feelings and compromise. It dazzled his mind. He recalled when he was on the field, listening to those commands, and his right front foot twitched with anticipation. They were different from other battles, yes, but, in a way, they were all battles.

The Dark Pulse slashed through the field, and Ai drank the darkness in, lusting to be with the shadowy energy, so filled with pride and trickery. He knew what was happening in Phi without a second thought- her eyes, so dreamy, so far yet so near, drifted towards Osh. They picked up minute changes, the stance in which he stood, the flicks of his head, the defiant and childishly aggressive look in his eyes, the slight opening of his mouth, and the lolling of his tongue. There wasn't enough time to think "Is this the right move?" but only to watch, and submit, and guide.

"Flamethrower, Osh. Straight at the pulse," Phi's mouth moved, but her voice seemed far away.

The bedheaded fluff-brain dipped his head sharply in a nod, and brought it up, energy crackling within. The dark pulse was upon him the moment he released the flames, and Ai's head lifted in a grunt as Osh scored the field with his muddied boots, a glare of defiance in his eyes. He lasted a second in the standoff of moves, another, and another, more than he should have to the untrained eye. The darkness, weakened from the traverse towards its target, was strong enough, and it split the dying bloom of embers like a scythe upon paper-thin glass.

For half a moment, it looked like Osh might fall, but if anyone was stubborn, Ai knew it was Osh. Perhaps Flamethrower wasn't the best move, even if it had taken ages for Ai to help him perfect it, but it was an act of defiance, saying "I don't need to waste my electricity on such a matter!" Osh was, by nature, selfish and possessive, especially upon the battle field. A move like Shadow Ball he is perfectly happy with dodging, but Dark Pulse, a move that eradicated his claim, that swept through the field like a dark shadow and threatened to engulf it in the entrails of darkness! Osh would declare, with a yip and swing of his head, that this was his field, and how dare his opponent try to claim it in such a way! He'd tear through the air, and declare "I'll show you!"

Despite the damage, there were benefits to the selfishly impulsive decision. For one, moral was sky high. For another, the bed head battler still had his electricity, and as he careened across the field, not quite towards the Zoroark but not quite away from it either, his mane spit sparks into the air, to fold within the terrain. Ai imagined himself as Osh, the wind whistling in his ears as they pricked to hear the next command ("Thunder Bolt, once more"), the flick of his head in acknowledgement, the thump of his feet as they battered the floor in ever-changing rhythm, as he split the electricity from his mane without having to miss a beat, and the glorious joy of satisfaction as the flock of electricity dashed towards its target, and he ran with it towards his opponent.

Ai no longer felt the terrible corroding hatred of envy, no longer boiled and snarled with the unfairness of it all. For a moment, he was content, for his blood rushed, and his heart thumped, and he was Ai, and he was the battle, and he was power and wit and glory and joy and laughter. Ai rolled on the bench, and cackled.

Curt had his eyes locked on the battlefield as though he was one of the participants in the battle instead of Bailey and Phi. The way that Yarrow and Osh danced around that battlefield, heeding their trainers commands, putting their all into every assault they launched at each other, it didn't just draw ones attention, it demanded it. The crowed collectively gasped as Phi's deep red flames hit Yarrow's black, shadow energy wave that sent a roar through the field, and through the spectator's watching the battle unfold.

"I should'a bought more popcorn...", Curt muttered as he took a short glance at his now empty bag. The amount in their might have been enough for him, but Embertail and Jasper had picking at it since the fights had started, and the bags contents had run dry a while ago. Thinking of those two brought a question to Curts mind that was going to need an answer very soon: which member of his team should he go with? The only two Pokemon he knew Zeph had were Devil and Angel, the rest where a complete mystery to him, though they also seemed like the Pokemon he was most familiar with, so their was a solid chance that he'd go with one of them, but that still left Curt with the question of which one he would use?

Embertail would be a solid choice, he was quick, agile, and could throw a decent hit, but perhaps a little too obvious a choice as to who he'd go with. Besides, one of Embertails strongest attributes was that he was often underestimated by high leveled trainers due to being a Charmander, but Zeph didn't seem like the kind of guy to underestimate his opponent. Whips' immense power would almost guarantee him a victory, but playing your strongest hand first had just as many disadvantages as advantages and through Whips out first might not play out well in the long run. Lockjaw was a solid, jack of all trades choice, but the Croconaw's performance tended to suffer a bit of "stage-fright" battles (or did anything) in front of a large crowd, unless he had a partner to reassure him in a double battle.

Jasper would be a solid defensive option and she had a few long-ranged tricks up her sleeve, plus, he hadn't used her in a tournament like this in a while. Raviel's wide move pool of attacks, both physical and special, would defiantly keep an opponent on the defensive, but maybe it would be better to keep such a "wild card" like just in case they have to face an opponent they knew nothing about. Lastly was Flare, who was basically in a similar category as Whips, except with long ranged attacks instead of physical ones, plus her defense against special attacks could prove to be a saving grace. It was a tough call to make, Curt decided he would think more on it after the battle, he'd be able to focus on it then.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The Stoutlands eye's grew wide at the piece of hot dog being presented to him, and wasting no time in slurping it up from Geralds hand. He expected to maybe get a small end piece, not half of the entire sausage! As he stood their, chewing on his meal, he saw the Braxien slowly raise one of her paw-like hands and start to pet him on the head. Between the hot-dog and now getting pat on the head, Denver felt ecstatic, and, oddly enough, a tad bit guilty as well. In addition to being very rare and powerful Pokemon, Stoundland were surprisingly massive dogs, almost four feet tall, most were a little hesitant to trust them, but these two were not dissuaded by his intimidating stature at all, and instead, were dotting over him as though he were a puppy! Not one to leave a person, or Pokemon, un-thanked, he faced June, and gave her a big slobbery kiss with his tongue. The dog, having more then half a foot on the magical fox in height, was certain to get her a bit wet. After finishing with June, he then turned to Gerald and attempted the climb on him to give his face a big slobbery kiss as well.

"Oh yes, please lead onward you two", Auryia said as she tailed behind Luna and Sombra. Though Luna's response to her question was brief, it was enough to give her an idea of how the girls attempts at acting went, and she decided not to press the issue further. Besides, in her opinion, it would be a waste of talent if she decided to go into acting over raising Pokemon, as clearly demonstrated by Sombra's tracking ability. Eevee's and there evolutionary forms were naturally capable of some level of tracking ability, but normally not to the same level as dog-like Pokemon, but Sombra proved to be just as competent at sniffing out and finding a target as any dog-Pokemon when she was able to locate....

"Denver, their you are!", Auryia yelled, immediately grabbing the Big-Hearted Pokemons attention from Gerald and June, and causing him to run over to her, "oh, don't tell me you were begging food again, you know better then that." Auryia's attempts to scold the massive dog Pokemon didn't fool it for a second. Ever since she was a little girl and he was a Lillpup, Auryia had spoiled him almost rotten, constantly playing with him and sneaking him food from the dinner table, even in battles she took extra precaution over his safety. Denver just sat their, looking at her with his big-ol' puppy dog eye's, and Auryia couldn't keep herself from smiling at her oldest friend.

"I-I'm sorry about Denver, he's, um, very affectionate", June said with a sheepish smile, her voice betraying a hint of embarrassment, "I hope he didn't cause you two much trou-wait, aren't you?...Oh"! Auryia's face dawned a look of recognition and shock as she realized who Denver had run into: the boy who had battled Luna earlier, which . Realizing that the situation might turn a tad awkward, Auryia decided to speak up.

"Ahem, t-thank-you, Luna, Sombra, for helping me find Denver", Auryia said to the Umbreon and her trainer before turning back to address Gerald, "and I'm sorry, I didn't even introduce myself yet, my name is Auryia, you've meet Denver of course, and you are Gerald correct the skillful battler who just battled? Ah, and who is this adorable little fox"? Auryia finished, looking at June with a warm smile on her face.

Last edited: