• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Golteia Region

(sign ups and discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-golteia-region-discussion.17215/page-3#post-486017)

Sunlight beamed down on the small town. The farms that surrounded it were full of crops. Families from all around the region and maybe a few from out of region were gathered around the resident pokemon lab. Trainers with or without Pokemon stood waiting for the professor to start the Pokemon capture for those still without partners. Those with partners waiting to get their badge case or pokedexs.

River rocked back and forth on her heels as she waited. Her heart pounding whole her parents looked on in happiness. She couldn't wait to get her partner Pokemon and couldn't help but be jealous of the trainers who already did. Her fingers dug into sleeves to ease her anxiousness.

Soras waited outside the lab, with Dunsparce on his shoulder, he smiled as he fixed Dunsparce's pendant, as it had been damaged in his last Pokémon battle, and considering that was what kept Dunsparce while he was raging under control(so he didn't destroy, say, a building with people in it.) he said
"Dunsparce. we really gotta stop getting this thing broken, huh?"
"dun...!" they kept waiting as Dunsparce jumped onto Soras' head.

Drew walked towards the lab. " Yeah I know." He said to the Ralts right beside him. He stopped beside the lab as he saw a female. " Hello." He said as he smiled at her. Ralts looked at him.

Dylan gave himself one last look over in the mirror, before he left his hotel room. He was wearing his blue shirt, black tie, and his sunglasses were in his shirt pocket. He had spent some time debating over putting his blazer on, but decided against it, mainly for practical reasons. He could hopeful meet some friends to travel with. He slung his bag over his shoulder, and left his room. He walked down the hall, and stoped in the lobby to check out. He snatched a complimentary bagel as he walked outside. With one hand, he slipped his sunglasses over his eyes to shade his eyes from the harsh sun.

The small farming town, was a bit different from what the boy was used to. After all, he was raised in Castelia City, Unova by two important figures in the fashion industry. His mother was a model and his father owned a popular fashion line. As he walked, he began to hum a song for a gum commercial. Just trying to pass the time, as he walked to the lab.

River perked up and turned her head to look at the boy who had just addressed. Her her eyes fled to the ralts that was with him and she tilted her head, "hi. My name is river what can I do for you"?

Max was standing near the lab with his Scyther. "Well Sly, today's finally the day I start my journey as a pokemon trainer." He said. His Scyther cheered with a smile. "I know I can count on you Sly." Max said.

" I'm Drew." He said as he smiled at her. " It's nice to meet you River." He said he then motioned to his ralts. " This is Tess."

" Ralts." Tess said as she smiled at River. Drew chuckled a little bit. " She likes you." He said.

"It's nice to meet both of you. Are you here to get a pokedex or just get a badge case? I think that's what their called," River waved at Tess. She noticed a boy with a scyther off away from them and examined the Pokemon before turning her attention back to her conversation partner, "I, myself am actually here to get my first pokemon".

"Interesting. I'm here for the same reason," Dylan said, rounding the corner to hear River's statement. "But of course, I'm assuming that's what all of us are doing here. Well the ones without pokemon of our own yet." He said referring to the boy with the Scyther and the boy with the Ralts.

He took off his sunglasses and put them in his right pocket. "Oh, I forgot. My name is Dylan. It's a pleasure." He said extending his right hand our for a proper handshake.

River took his hand. She smiled and nodded her head respectively. She pulled some hair from her eyes and crossed her arms once pulling back away, "name's river. Nice to meet you. Are you both from the Golteia region or have you just come to take your first adventure here"?

"I'm from Unova." Dylan said, removing the glasses from his pocket and placing them over his eyes. "I was born and raised in Castelia." He gave a warm smile. However, internally he was debating over whenever to mention his parents. Best not to. He was here to avoid being in their shadows.

" The pokedex." He said as he looked at them. " I hope we can get along." He said before turning his attention to the other guy. " Nice to meet you I'm Drew." He said.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eric flew in from the airplane to a quaint little town, with many crops and farms. As he walked off the airplane, he got a whiff of the crops' smell as the soft breeze reached him. "So this is the Golteia, huh? Seems quite nice. Wouldn't you agree?" Eric asked his Pokemon. The Infagrass hopped off the airplane and nodded, without even hearing Eric's words. He immediately began scanning for people and their items. Eric picked Turiss up and said,"We aren't here to steal. So don't, or else no more dessert." Turiss gasped over dramatically and his face immediately turned into a ball of worry. "That was just what he needed," Eric thought with a smirk. Since this was a new region, he had to get a Pokédex and Badge Case. He made his way to the laboratory and saw three trainers outside. "Can't you just come in? I mean isn't it open?" Eric asked. Then, he realized it probably wasn't open, that's why they were standing. He also realized, he hadn't even introduced himself. Turiss, seemingly knowing his trainer's thoughts, shook his head in disapproval. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Eric, and this little guy is Turiss. We're from the Fantamus Region and we are here to start our journey to be the very best," he said.

Last edited:
As Cyndi calmly walked through the town where the Pokémon Laboratory was, as she noticed that there were also other trainers that were already there. The Celfium silently sat on her shoulder and thought, "Well, I guess the place isn't open yet if they're all just standing there like a bunch of statues. I guess I could practice on my speech if I'm going to be taking my time in some practice." She looked over at the other Pokémon that were with their respective trainers, as Cyndi patiently waited with them.

Cyndi heard Eric introducing himself after she patted the Celfium's wings in a careful manner, as she quietly said, "So, you're Eric huh? W- well...my name's Cyndi, and the one on my shoulder is Celfium... she can cause a bit of trouble sometimes, so be careful around her. I'm from the region of Bajola, and well... my other Pokémon is currently with the Nurse after what happened about a few days ago before I decided to travel with my Celfium to spend some more time with her... I'm also here to find out more about this mysterious Pokémon that's been said to have an aura of darkness so powerful that it makes little Pokémon panic for their lives."

In the interim, a Bagon noiselessly sat on a thick branch that was on a tall, slender tree that was some meters away from the Laboratory. A faint layer of pale purplish energy, emitted from his body every now and then, as he gave a slight grin of malevolence to a girl after a brisk session of eavesdropping. He glanced over at a boy that the girl appeared to be conversing with, as he took note of the grass Pokémon that was with the boy after a careful, analytical glance. He kept his platnium lance held in his cold arms, as he carefully patted the sharp, titanium point on the lance's end. He made sure that his helmet was level with his body; the helmet resembled a powerful Pokémon that he would have been by this time. His red eyes darted down towards his small body to see himself wearing his usual, light blue, lightweight armor worn on all parts of his body to cushion the dreaded, icy attacks that others would often attempt to assault him with. He gave a quick check on his lightly blue, steel plated boots to make sure that they were still a comfortable fit. He continued to silently watch over the girl and the other nearby trainers while keeping a steady grip on his lance.

"Oh hi! My name is River," the brunette waved cheerfully to the newcomers. She then tucked her hands into the pockets of her hoodie before looking over to the lab, "yeah. We are just waiting for the professor".

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eric smiled at the new people he met. "Nice to meet you, Cyndi, River," he said looking at each trainer. He put his hands into the pocket of his jeans just like River put her hands in her hoodie. Meanwhile, Turiss was looking at the Pokémon and wondered if he should introduce himself like Eric did. Eric pushed him a bit to get him motivated and said,"Go ahead,buddy. Go play with the other Pokémon." Turiss looked at his trainer for a few seconds and then began walking over to the Pokémon. "Hi. Nice to meet you all. I'm Turiss," he said in Pokémon Talk. He is pretty awkward at making friends so he hoped the Pokémon would start talking to him. Eric sighed in a bit of annoyance."I don't mean to be rude, but this guy is taking forever," he told the trainers.

"Yeah. I haven't gotten a Pokemon yet so I need to wait for the professor," River smiled sheepishly as she watched the Pokemon around them. Her eyes turned back towards her potential rivals, "so what do you all plan on doing once you start your journey"?

Soras, after a while, got bored, and went closer to the lab, he noticed a group of people talking, and Soras noticed that some of them didn't have Pokémon, he smirked, and said to Dunsparce
"Hey, buddy, remember when we were new. Good times. Good times." he chuckled. kinda loudly, he muttered "why do I chuckle so loudly?"

"My plan is to become strong. I will take my starter, and raise it. Then collect badges, and enter the league. And I plan to win that." Dylan said, flashing what his parents called a boardroom smile. They called it that, because it was a skill he had inherited from his father. He always used this smile to help seal the deal on a boardroom meeting. They described it as a smile that represented the power he could influence, and and the warm feeling of friendship and respect. Dylan never really cared about what his father said about the grin they shared. He just did it, automatically.

"Well I'm not really sure what I'll do. I'm just going to go with the flow," River shrugged and looked back over the crowd of other trainers. She saw a dunsparce and looked the Pokemon over before looking for another Pokemon to observe.

Max pat the head of his Scyther while he waited for the professor. He then gave his Scyther a Pokeblock. "Here Sly, just the kind you like." He said before giving his pokemon a pokeblock. The Scyther happily ate it.

Drew let out a breath as pulled herself into his shirt. He thought about the people who came here. He wondered what their strengths and weaknesses might be. Wondered if he could trust any of them. He let out a breath and laid against a wall and waited patiently for the professor.

River started to wander away from the group. She saw other Pokemon and slightly fangirled as she watched them. Her eyes scanned over all of the trainers around to their pokemon. She fixed her hoodie before pulling the hood up.