• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Golteia Region Discussion

Name: Nicolas "Nick" Aesir
Looks: has blond hair down to his collar bone, is slightly tanned, wears beige baggy pants, a sandy yellow turtle neck sweater and an orange scarf no mater what the weather is like
Personality: Nick is easy goings and loves to pull pranks, he loves the warmth too, he jokes around until a friend is hurt then he gets serious, otherwise he never goes all out in a battle

Pokemon
Name: Khepri
Looks: https://pokecharms.com/works/shaha-fossil-for-all-the-fossil-fans.34032/
Species: Inscarb
Ability: Weak Armor
Personality: Khepri loves to snack on things and play with spherical objects, loves helping Nick prank people and the thrill of battle
Main Moves : Rollout, Twin Needle, Sand Tomb, Harden

Well... I just want to point out that my rival character that I'm making is a shadow Pokémon... (And funny enough, he's one of my older characters that I've used in a prior RP before.)

Well... it's the first one... he kinda has no trainer since a shadow Pokémon would be next to impossible to actually tame if they were even in the ownership...

In case if anyone needs a refresher on shadow Pokémon...

Shadow Pokémon (Database, tips and hints):
A Pokémon that has their hearts enclosed to reality, as they appear to lack in emotions, if any at all. Symptoms range from increased aggression to their colorings changing drastically, as the Pokémon is widely recognized as a shadow Pokémon if they appear to have a blackish aura emitting from their bodies or if any amount of shadow energy is detected from a widely used test after checkup. If engaged in combat against a shadow Pokémon, the two best choices to utilize are fleeing or attempting to control the shadow Pokémon if running is not an option.

I usually don't include that part when it comes to me using shadow Pokémon in RPs mainly because they haven't reached that stage to where they can overwhelm others. (And not to mention that's already op there...)

*a little Dragon-type Pokémon comes over nervously*

U- umm... do I have to put down the rival's information first before I can introduce him to the RP? (Because I'm planning on doing that in my first post most likely.)

The thing is, I'm still working on him since I've been quite busy with attempting to balance him out since I either make him too powerful (With that one shadow move I made that can basically be spammed/abused to the point that he'll keep healing off the damage he takes while being stuck wouldn't exactly matter); or simply too underpowered...

I'll likely send it to you via conversation then once I'm finished.

Please note that some of the official moves might look different because I am basing them off of how they were executed in the anime. I also am keeping some crucial things unknown such as his appearance to prevent spoilers and such. (I apologize if I was not on all yesterday as I had an extremely bad case of influenza; which I still have today unfortunately.)

Rival Information:

Name: His name is currently unknown at the moment.
Species: Bagon / Rock Head Pokémon (Shadow Form)
Appearance: [Will be revealed during the RP on the first post most likely; this is how I usually reveal the appearances of rival/antagonist characters.]
Personality: [To be revealed in the roleplay or now at the RP craator's request, as this is prone to changing without warning.]
Ability: Confrontation (When the Pokémon damages an enemy at close range, there is a slight chance to spread panic among other enemies. The chance of spreading panic is higher if the enemy is weaker than the Pokémon, and also becomes lower if the enemy is stronger however. When a Pokémon is under the state of panicking, they will briefly go into an uncontrollable burst of terror and become unable to properly act in combat.)
Primary Moves: Dragon Breath, Shadow Wind, Draco Lance, Spring n' Swing.
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Dragon[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 20
Target: All enemies in a straight line
Range: 10 Meters / Piercing
Description: The user blasts the target with a breath of incredible, draconic energy.
Effects: May inflict Paralysis, severely reducing the Pokémon's SPD by 3/4 and sometimes making their turns skip.
Type: [type]???[/type]
Catagory: Special
Power: 65
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: N/A (Shadow moves usually have infinite PP.)
Target: All Pokémon, including self
Range: Entire Field
Description: The user strikes up a fierce storm of darkness that hurts all but shadow Pokémon.
Effects: Damages non-shadow Pokémon and heals shadow Pokémon by 1/3 their max HP.
Type: [type]Dragon[/type]
Catagory: Physical (Egg Move)
Power: 45
Accuracy: 90%
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: The user strikes the target in a stabbing motion, draining their energy and power.
Effects: Heals the user's HP and PP for one random move in proportion to the damage dealt.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Catagory: Physical
Power: 95
Accuracy: 85%
Power Points: 15
Target: Single Enemy
Range: 25 Meters from air
Description: An advanced two part attack typically learned by some Pokémon in their adolescence. The user first jumps high into the air where they cannot be hit by most attacks, then drops straight down on the target and strikes them with brute force.
Effects: Damages the user by 1/2 recoil damage if they miss.

Statistics:
HP:
???/??? (How much damage a Pokémon can take before fainting. Short for hit points.)
ATK: ??? (How much physical damage a Pokémon dishes out. Short for attack.)
DEF: ??? (How much physical damage a Pokémon cushions out. Short for defense.)
SP ATK: ??? (How much special damage a Pokémon dishes out. Short for special attack.)
SP DEF: ??? (How much special damage a Pokémon cushions out. Short for special defense.)
SPD: ??? (How fast the Pokémon is, the higher the amount, the faster the Pokémon can act in battle. Short for speed.)
EVA: ???% (How swift the Pokémon is, the higher the amount, the more they can dodge attacks, except for attacks that cannot miss. Short for evasion.)
ACC: ???% (How precise the Pokémon is, the higher the amount, the more they can hit and connect other attacks. Short for accuracy.)

Type Affinities:

*Note that this Pokémon has some more resistances and weaknesses than usual because I implemented them into him. (Due to the fact that it is a shadow Pokémon and I decided to rationalize everything out.)

Immune vs:
None (0% Damage)

Resilient vs:
???. (25% Damage)

Resistant vs:
???, ???, ???, ???, ???. (50% Damage)

Neutral vs:
???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???. (100% Damage)

Weak vs:
???, ???, ???. (200% Damage)

Vulnerable vs:
???, ???. (400% Damage)

Special Notes:
  • Healing and damage through the use of all items and some healing moves are reversed on this Pokémon, because it is a shadow Pokémon.
  • Utilizes speed to outsmart its targets.
  • Susceptible to most debuffs, especially to becoming Frozen.
  • Employs Physical and Special combination attacks.
  • Often attempts to flee from battle if outmatched by type disadvantages or having critical HP.