• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Goldenrod Tag Battle Tournament

OOC: Feel free to jump in whenever, there's no real limit to characters here. Though I probably wouldn't allow more than. . .let's say eight, if I even get that many people interested.

BIC:Bennett breathed in deeply. Nothing beat the fresh air of Johto's national park, it was so clean and fresh with the fragrance of all the flowers and plants it was host to. It also meant that Bennett wasn't very far from his destination of Goldenrod City. Looking around the park, Bennett could see a multitude of people and Pokémon, playing together, training together and battling together. What's more, the park was a host to a great number of wild Pokémon. Most of them were bugs though, which is also why the park attracted Bug Catchers. Bennett adjusted the satchel at his side before he reached into his pocket and retrieved a PokéGear. Bennett's PokéGear was blue, but more importantly, it was the latest model Silph Co. had just released. Complete with the essentials almost every trainer needs. A phone, radio, clock and most importantly a GPS map. Bennett flipped the device open and checked the display, 11:34 am.

"Perfect" he thought to himself "I'm ahead of schedule". Bennett then turned to the Raichu on his shoulder
"You wanna keep going?" he asked it playfully
"Chu!" responded the large electric rodent, a smile on it's face. Bennett then looked to the Ninetales sitting obediently at his feet
"What about you Natasha?" the golden fox said nothing, but gave him a look of endearment instead "Then let's go!" and with that Bennett resumed his walk to Goldenrod.

Bennett took his time through the National Park, making sure to take in all of its beauty before he left. Besides he was making good time, so dawdling wouldn't hurt. As he took in the sights, Bennett spotted what looked like a group of trainers eyeing something on a wall. Curious, Bennett approached the group to gaze at the wall himself. The object of interest was a large, colourful poster adorned with a large PokéBall logo. Bennett read the poster to himself in his head "The annual Goldenrod City Tag Battle Tournament is on again. This year's grand prize is a brand new bike courtesy of Miracle Cycle." Bennett scratched his chin in thought. He hadn't been in a tournament in a while, not since the Sinnoh League conference. And his Pokémon could use some good battles to keep them in shape. But what if he and whoever he was with won? He had no need for a bike since he couldn't ride. Still, he could always just give the bike away to charity or something, after all, he was really only in it for the experience. Bennett decided to discuss it with his brother when he reached the city.

Just as he was about to leave, Bennett felt someone grab his shoulder. Spinning on his heel, Bennett turned to face one of the young trainers who had also been staring at the poster.
"Lemme guess, you're planning to enter that tournament, aren't you?" the kids voice was slightly high pitched, but very obnoxious and grating
"Actually, yes" Bennett responded casually.
The kid scoffed and pulled a PokéBall off his belt
"Well let's see if you've got what it takes. I challenge you!" Bennett rolled his eyes, why did he always have to get the random challenge
"Not today, I've got somewhere I need to be."
The little brat started laughing
"Hahaha, your such a chicken."

At this comment Renae's cheeks started sparking and she riled up, but Bennett shot her a glance and she stopped. Natasha, obedient as ever merely sat at Bennett's feet and glared at the little brat. Bennett only had to give her the slightest hint and she'd burn him to a fine crisp.
"Save it for tournament. If you're as good as you make yourself out to be then there's no doubt we'll fight each eventually."
The kid put the PokéBall back onto his belt in a huff
"Fine then, but don't think for one second you'll beat me, that bike's as good as mine" Bennett turned and started walking away. The kid was annoying no doubt about it, but Bennett thought it would be very naive to underestimate him. That PokéBall of his could contain anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets of Goldenrod were packed with people and Pokémon, always were and probably always would be. Cars sped past, people bustled about and the Magnet Train glided into the station with a resounding ‘whoosh' as Bennett walked through the entrance to the underground, which was the quickest way to get to the other side of town where his brother's apartment was. The Goldenrod Underground wasn't as busy as the surface, but there were people hanging about. The underground had also earned a reputation as a hangout for some groups of trainers, so it was no surprise that Bennett found more posters for the tag battle tournament and trainers discussing their winning strategies. One of the trainers looked oddly familiar though, black hair, leather jacket, could it be?

"Yo! Anton!" Bennett called
the trainer in the jacket turned around. He looked about 22 with medium length black hair and short black stubble to match. "Bennett! I didn't think you'd be here for another couple of hours"

Bennett and his Pokémon ran over to greet his brother "I got up early so I'm a bit ahead of schedule. Hey, what's the deal with this tournament?"
Anton smiled "They started doing it last year when you went to Sinnoh. It's a fundraiser, but it's great fun. I was thinking about entering it myself, the gang could use a good workout. What about you?"
Bennett grinned "I haven't entered a tournament in a while."
"Well, we might as well head to the stadium and register before we head home

Standing in line to register couldn't have been more boring, Bennett came to Goldenrod to explore and to train, not to stand in a queue that didn't seem to be moving. Both he and Renae heaved a heavy sigh simultaneously. Anton looked over his shoulder

"Hey, just chill you guys, we're almost at the front of the line"
Bennett tried to find a way to pass the time. He took a look around at the other trainers in the line. Many of them had their trusted Pokémon at their side and some looked a lot more fearsome than others
"Who knew fundraisers were taken so seriously?" Bennett thought to himself
"Next Please" said the voice that broke Bennett's train of thought. Bennett approached the desk were young girl was taking the names of the registering trainers "Name Please" she said, as if she had rehearsed it a million times.
"Bennett Mc Carthy"
"Age?"
"16"
"Alright, that's all we need to know. We'll see you here in two days." She said with a smile before asking for the next in line.

The day of tournament rolled around before long. Bennett had spent most of his spare time training his team with his brother and he had a good feeling that he would go far. As Bennett, his brother and the other trainers entered the main arena they were all given a card with a number on it. Bennett had number 9 whilst his brother had number 13. A loud cheer from the audience went up as a middle aged man in a suit appeared below the giant score board.

"Welcome Trainers and Spectators To The Second Annual Goldenrod City Tag Battle Tournament" his voice was loud enough without the microphone as it seemed to carry all around the stadium
"My name is Alfred Watt, and I will be your master of ceremonies for today!" Another cheer went up from the audience.
"The Winners of this year's Tag Battle Tournament will not only receive a highly coveted Goldenrod Cup each, but also a brand new bicycle, courtesy of Goldenrod's own Miracle Cycle bike store." Alfred stepped back revealing the prizes on a podium behind him.

"But now, without further a due, let's get started. Trainers, you should all have received a card with a number on it. You will have the next fifteen minutes to find another trainer with the same number card as you. That trainer will then be your tag battle partner" as Alfred finished his sentence, many of the trainers in the crowd started moving to find their partner.
"Well, I better find my partner. See you on the battlefield buddy!" Anton said as he walked off.

Bennett gave his card to Renae, who held the card up for him whilst he searched. "I wonder what kind of person I'll get" Bennett thought as he wandered. "It doesn't really matter if they're experienced or not, just so long as they're nice."

Last edited by a moderator:
Cerebus was doing his usuall break in Goldenrod, just sitting with his Feraligatr on a bench and just wait till its noon to go and eat at his dads restaurant, but not today.

"Dont you think this is the lif, pal?"
"Fer" Feraligatr replied
when all of the sudden a poster hit Cerebus in the face.
"Aah I'm blind, get it of, get it of!" The starteld Cerebus yelled, and recieved a slap from his Feraligatr across the face.
"Hu? Oh thanks mate, lets see here what is this thing here, oh the annual Tag Tournament, what do you think Feraligatr should we join?

30 Minutes later.

"Okay dad I am of, be sure to cheer for me and the unlucky one to be my partner."
"Of course son, besides its not like I am expecting any more visitors today" His father, a man in the mid 50st named Kort'us yelled at Cerebus when he slammed the front door.

30 Minutes later.

"Here you go young man, your card, be sure to not lose it because this will determin your partner" A man told Cerebus.
"Uum.... thanks?"

"Welcome Trainers and Spectators To The Second Annual Goldenrod City Tag Battle Tournament" his voice was loud enough without the microphone as it seemed to carry all around the stadium
"My name is Alfred Watt, and I will be your master of ceremonies for today!" Another cheer went up from the audience.
"The Winners of this year's Tag Battle Tournament will not only receive a highly coveted Goldenrod Cup each, but also a brand new bicycle, courtesy of Goldenrod's own Miracle Cycle bike store." Alfred stepped back revealing the prizes on a podium behind him.

"Okay lets see here, number nine, number nine, Idea. Honchkrow come on out."
"Honchkrow!!" the bird replied
Cerebus then took out a pen and a piece of paper out of his bag and wrote a big fat 9 on it.
"This outa do the trick" Cerebus said while tieing the piece of paper to Honchkrow.
"Okay buddy fly over the room and see if you can find anyone with the number on your chest."
Honch!" the bird replied holding his wing infront of his face as if he were saluting and then took of.

More or less 8 minutes later.

"Honch, Honch!"
"What is it Honchkrow did you find him?"
"Honch" the bird replied, with a look on a face that said follow me for crying out loud.

After a long and hard run and pushing people down and a lot of "Sorrys" Cerebus finnaly reached the trainer he would spend the tournament with.

"Hello, I am Cerebus and I think you have number nine just like me"
Honchkrow then gave him a slap on the back of his head with wich he ment: "What kinda of opening is that?"

Rex

Resident Furry
OoC: This whole story happens after my character's little exploration of Adventure Island in "It's all just a game" Since that Rp is not yet over, I will be a vague as possible about it.

BiC: Tony was on his way across Johto. It was his first time in the region outside of his missions. He had just gotten back from one of the longest jobs he had ever done, and was taking a much needed vacation. His Vibrava, Blitz, buzzed happily around his head, Seth, his Buizel, walked at his side. Goldenrod City was next his list of cities, the place were he would hopefully obtain his third badge. He was in his street clothes, faded blue jeans, a black tee, and gray jacket. It was hot out that day.

"I need a ghost type... What do you two think a good ghost would be?" Tony asked his two Pokemon.

Seth gave him a look that clearly stated, "You NEED to take off that jacket." Blitz didn't seem to hear, still happily buzzing around his head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He arrived in the city the next day. Thankfully the heat had gone down a bit, and the tall buildings hid the sun. Outside the Pokemon Center was a flier, it read: "The annual Goldenrod City Tag Battle Tournament is on again. This year's grand prize is a brand new bike courtesy of Miracle Cycle."

"A Tournament huh..." Tony said to himself. He released his other two Pokemon, Flynt, a Quilava, and Jake, a Riolu.

"Do you four of you want to enter a tournament?"

Blitz was content with anything Tony wanted to do. The three Pokemon that had went to the Adventure Island Challenge with him looked at each other, not wishing for a repeat of those events.

"It's in the city, we won't have to travel to some far off location this time"

They argued amongst themselves for a moment, before agreeing to participate.

"Great, they have a sign up area right inside."

He returned his four Pokemon to there pokeballs and entered the center.

The lady behind the sign up desk was incredibly mean, she reminded Tony of one of the many Admins of Team Magma...

"Name please," She glared at him as if he was the cause of some unknown trouble in her life.

"Anthony Reiner" He thought up the last name quickly, borrowing the name of a man he met on Adventure Island. As a member of Team Magma, he needed to keep his real name secret.

"Age"

"17"

"The tournament starts tomorrow, please be at this location by noon," she said, handing him a slip of paper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony always did as he was told, and the next day he found himself in a huge underground room. A lady handed him a card with the number 13 on it. There was a giant score board on the far wall, appeared, he had a suit on, and a megaphone in his hand.

"But now, without further a due, let's get started. Trainers, you should all have received a card with a number on it. You will have the next fifteen minutes to find another trainer with the same number card as you. That trainer will then be your tag battle partner" The man finished his speech and all the trainers started to search for there partners. He looked at his card, searching for the other number 13...

"So your number 13!" Tony spun around to find a 22 year old man grinning at him. His hair was blacker then Tony's was, and he had black stubble to match.

"Names Anton"

"I'm Tony"

OoC: Sorry Bennett, if you don't want your character in my story I'll modify it.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Dean awoke with a start, seeing his alarmed Pichu, Sparky, immediately before an inordinately large Scyther struck at the ground were he had lain mere seconds before. Jumping to his feet, Dean took command, shouting to his Tiny Mouse Pokémon,
"Thunderbolt!"
A beam-like bolt of lightning struck the unfortunate Mantis Pokemon, and it fell, a slight crust covering its exoskeleton. Taking a green and white ball with several black stripes, he tossed the Net ball, striking the Bug/Flying combination directly in the chest. The Scyther transformed into a red light before entering the ball, struggled, and was caught. As Dean stepped forward to retrieve the ball, a gust of wind, followed closely by a loose flyer, flew directly into his eyes. Grabbing the paper from his face, he picked up the ball, then took a look at the assailing poster.
"A tag battle tournament huh? Looks interesting enough, you in Sparks?" he said aloud, receiving a muffled "Pi" in reply, followed by his Pichu emerging from his backpack with a poffin in tow.
"I'll take that as a yes!" Dean exclaimed, then ran for the south exit of the National Park toward Goldenrod.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is BORING!" Dean shouted to the winds still standing outside while in line to register for the tournament, but after about an hours wait behind a young man about his age and his Feraligatr, he finally stood before the equally bored, but polite, reception lady.
"Name please," was her first query.
"Dean Hale" he replied.
"Age?"
"17"
Handing him a card, she said "Please be at this location tomorrow at noon."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But now, without further a due, let's get started. Trainers, you should all have received a card with a number on it. You will have the next fifteen minutes to find another trainer with the same number card as you. That trainer will then be your tag battle partner"
Dean looked at the card in his hand.
"8, eh? Alright then" Dean said.
Taking a Net Ball from his pocket, he released his new Scyther.
"Alright Scyther, why don't you hover around with this ‘till we find them?
As Scyther took to the skies, Dean looked around.
" Looks like it's time for some fun!"
OOC: nice to be in an RP that looks like it won't fail.

OOC: We just need one person for Tailon and then I think we can start the tournament. And Tony, using Anton is fine by me, but I'll control him for this tournament if that's okay with you.

BIC: Bennett looked about. There were so many trainers, finding his partner certainly wasn't going to be easy. Suddenly, Bennett felt Renae tug at his blazer "Raichu! Rai!" she cried excitedly, whilst pointing up into the air. Bennett craned his head upward and spotted a Honchcrow carrying a piece of paper in it's talons. On the paper was a big number nine.

"I think it's safe to say that that Honchcrow belongs to our partner" Bennett commented as Renae waved their number nine card at the dark avian. The Honchcrow turned and glided back in the direction it came from, only to return minutes later with a trainer in tow. He looked pretty standard as far as trainers went, brown hair and eyes, camo trousers and rather colourful shirt. What really stood out though was the scar over his left eye. He screeched to a halt right in front of Bennett as his Honchcrow perched on his shoulder.

"Hello, I am Cerebus and I think you have number nine just like me" at these words of greeting, Cerebus's Honchcrow proceeded to slap it's trainer across the back of the head giving him a look of slight disgust, as if to say What kind of opening was that? Bennett chuckled to himself.

"Not every day you see an odd couple like this" he thought to himself as he shook Cerebus's hand "My name's Bennett, pleased to meet you. On my shoulder here is Renae."

"Raichu! Raichu!" Renae cried as she waved enthusiastically.

"And at my feet here is Natasha." Bennett said as he gestured to his Ninetales.

Natasha let out a soft, melodious "Nine" in greeting.

Once again, Alfred's voice boomed around the stadium "Just five minutes left to find your partners, get a move on!" Bennett was trembling slightly in anticipation, tournaments always gave him nerves. Bennett waited as the remaining trainers joined up with their partners.

"The pleasure is all mine. And dont mind Honchkrow, he likes slapping people across their head."

Once again, Alfred's voice boomed around the stadium "Just five minutes left to find your partners, get a move on!"

"Ow, ears, it must be an Exploud talking trough that mic." Both trainers had a short laugh afterwards.
"Say, I noticed something else to, go Ninetales."
The blue fox then appeard with a red flash, letting of a "Nine."
"Now I just hope they can be buddy's"

OOC: Meh, I'll be teh partner.

Chibi eeped as a burly trainer shoved past her, nearly knocking the small fourteen-year-old to the ground. It was once of those times when she really hated her pathetic height of 5' 4" and not to mention her equally pathetic weight that barely went above ninety pounds. "Hey watch it jerk!" She shouted, her freckled face flushing with anger. Honestly, people had no respect these days! Sure, they had only five minutes left to find their partners, but....oh whatever.

"Vul!" The Vulpix at her feet yowled in agreement, flashing the man an angry glare.

"Oh let him go Vyala," Chibi sighed. She looked at her card, the black double-looped number 8 boldly defying the white background of the card. She had seen a variety of different numbers, from the twenties all the way to the seventies, but it was rare to get a card below fifteen. She at least hoped her appearance would make her stand out. Hardly anyone had flame-red hair that went to the middle of their back, and if they did they were most definitely not pale-skinned, despite the fact Chibi always traveled. Her eyes were the color of jade, flecked with gold spots. It was her clothes that called most attention, the green vest draped casually over a dark orange t-shirt, shorts that looked like they may have been pants at one point but were cut off at the knee, poorly cut too, judging from all the loose strings at the end of them. Chibi fingered one of the pokeballs clipped to her vest, a Luxury Ball. She considered sending Hammy out to go find someone with a card with an 8, but letting Hammy loose on such a big crowd was a serious harzard; there was a very good chance someone may be put in the hospital.

A tug on her shoelaces caused her to look down at the culprit: her Vulpix named Vyala. Satisfied that she had gotten her trainer's attention, the Vulpix looked up and barked. "What?" Chibi asked blankly. Vyala seemed quite please with herself about something, she wagged her six rust-colored tails and barked again, yipping out her message. Chibi frowned. "That's kinda dangerous you know," she stated, her voice slipping into a little bit of sarcasm out of old habit. "I mean, people kinda get burned by fire."

Vyala rolled her amber eyes. It wasn't like her owner cared too much about the safety of innocent civilians anyway. She yipped and growled in response. Chibi sighed and rolled her eyes in return. She had to admit, it was a good idea, but some people could be in danger of being burned....but Vyala's arguements were very persuasive, and she really wanted to see what it would look like. "Fine," she said, picking the Vulpix up. "Fire Spin. But make it thin." She put the Fox pokemon on top of her head.

The Fire type chuckled, or made a sound that sounded very much like one. She opened her mouth and a line of fire shot out, startling a few people and causing other to scramble back in alarm. The Fire swirled above their heads, before it writhed and curved in an arc, coimnig downwrd, then in another arc, joing at the top again to reveal a fiery figure 8 hovering above the trainer's head. "Don't burn the ceiling," Chibi cautioned. Vyala would have replied if she could, she kicked the back of Chibi's neck instead.

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: I was staring to get worried ;D

A large group of trainers was suddenly alerted to an immense flaming eight, appearing in the air, which, as Dean saw when several other trainers scattered, was produced by a rust colored, six-tailed fox sitting atop a female trainer's head, whose age he couldn't quite pinpoint.
Dean ran up to the girl and said, "By the looks of your Vulpix, you've obtained the other number eight card."
Dean released Dusty and Psych, and called his Scyther back to him. "This is Sparky, Dusty, Psych, and… I think I'll call you Hover" Dean continued, indicating his Pichu, Flareon, Kirlia, and Scyther in turn.
"Sorry, I'm rambling, what's your name?" Dean inquired, hoping to learn some more about his partner in battle.

OOC: Right, let's get this wagon moving! I'm sure you two can introduce each other on the way, right now I wanna get this thing moving.

BIC:Bennett chuckled at Cerebus's little joke. Even if they lost, this seemed like it was going to be great fun. "Say, I noticed something else too, go Ninetales." Cerebus said as he threw one of his pokéballs into the air. The ball burst open releasing a stream of energy which then formed into a figure that was only too familiar to Bennett. It was a Ninetales, much like Natasha, only this one was blue instead of gold, and seemed to have a bit of a spring in its step. "Now I just hope they can be buddies." Cerebus's Ninetales walked a full circle around Natasha, sniffing curiously as she went. Natasha didn't move; she simply watched her counterpart with an air of caution and curiosity.

Bennett stooped down to get a good look at Cerebus's Pokémon. Her bluish fur shimmered silver in the sunlight "She really is remarkable" Bennett commented as he watched it attempt to socialize with Natasha. Personally, Bennett preferred the normal gold colouring over gold, but a shiny is still a rarity.

Bennett's concentration was broken when he saw a large flaming figure eight not too far away. The source was a small Vulpix sitting on the shoulders of a young girl. Bennett couldn't tell her age from a distance, but she looked in her early teens. Running over to her was another trainer with a Pichu at his side. Bennett chuckled "I suppose that's one way to grab attention" he quipped.

"Chu!" the large rodent on his shoulder cried in agreement.

As the last of the trainers found their partners, Alfred grabbed the microphone off its stand and, once again, released his booming voice into the stadium. "It looks like all the trainers are ready and rearing to go!" he boomed as the crowd started cheering "Which means, ladies and gentlemen, that we can now start the tournament." Alfred then went on to state the rules "Our first round is the ‘Rapid Elimination Round' which is our way of finding out who will be participating in preliminary round. In this first round, trainers are only allowed one Pokémon each and can only rely on strategy and their team mate to win. Trainers are also only allowed to use the Pokémon they registered at the start of the match." Bennett shot a grin at Natasha; he already knew which Pokémon he would use. "Now, let's let our computer randomly decide who will be going first." The giant screen behind Alfred lit up, on one side, it displayed the number seventeen, on the other side, the number nine. Bennett frowned; that could only mean one thing "Our first teams battling will be numbers seventeen and nine. Could those two teams please make your way toward the referee, all other trainers are to disperse from the battlegrounds to the waiting rooms." Echoed Alfred. Bennett returned both of his Pokémon to their respective balls, but only clipped Renae's back onto his belt. The only reason he wanted Natasha in her ball was to make his opponents think he was using a different monster. Surprise was always something good to have on your side.

All four trainers approached the referee, who was holding a device that looked similar to a barcode scanner. Each trainer held out their Pokéball as the referee scanned it with the machine, registering it to the tournament. "Right, all done." The referee announced when he had finished "We'll now have a quick coin toss to determine who goes first" the ref flipped a coin into the air.

"Heads!" Bennett called as it turned through the air. The ref caught it again and glanced at it

"Heads it is, team 9 will be allowed to have the first attack. Trainers take your positions"

Bennett stood in his corner and sized up the opponents that he and Cerebus would have to fight. In one corner was a kid of about seven years old. He was wearing his cap backwards, a trend that had died out years ago. In the corner opposite Bennett was a burly guy wearing a denim vest with a bandana tied around his head. It certainly was an odd couple.
"Let's see what Pokémon each side will be using" Bennett heard Alfred announce over the speakers. He took that as his cue.

"Natasha, battle time!" Bennett called as he tossed the Pokéball in his right hand high into the air above the field. The ball snapped open in mid air with a resounding ‘pop' and released a stream of light which took the form of his most faithful companion, who simply sat and let the sun shine on her shimmering fur giving her a somewhat awe inspiring look.

"Growlithe, I choose you!" came the small voice of the youngster as he released his small puppy from its ball.

"Pinsir! Get out here!" roared the roughneck as he summoned what could only be described as on oversized stag beetle.

Bennett heard his partner call out his own Pokémon, but Bennett was too focused on figuring out a strategy and neither heard nor took much notice as to what Pokémon he had sent out.

"Begin!" announced the ref

"No time to lose!" Bennett said "Natasha, use flamethrower on Pinsir!"

"Pinsir, double team!" came the response. Suddenly, Pinsir was not one, but ten, and Natasha's flamethrower stream sailed harmlessly through one of the copies. "Now Pinsir, let's show this weakling! Guillotine attack!" Pinsir's copies vanished as the real one charged at Natasha, it's horns threatening to clamp her throat. Natasha gave a nervous growl, but didn't shift her position, she waited for her order.

"Push it back with Extrasensory!" Natasha close her eyes, and quickly re-opened them, only now they were a shade of violet, not red. Her foe was surrounded by a strange glow matching the new colour of her eyes and was thrown back to its side of the field with considerable force. Bennett quickly looked to see how his partner was faring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anton watched the start of the match from one of the waiting room TV sets. He smiled as he watched his sibling's strategies play out on the field. He turned to his teammate "That's my little brother up there." He said gesturing to the TV "He's pretty good, he got into the semi-finals of the last Sinnoh League Conference before he lost." Anton was proud of his brother more than anything, but he also had the sinking feeling that he would have to battle against him soon.

"Okay Cradily lets go." "Cray." the pokémon let out, face turned towards Cerebus.

"No wait, Cradily turn around, turn around!" But it was to late, the opponents Growlithe had already used a Fire Fang in Cradilys long neck.
"Okay dont worry, Cradily use constrict then acid." after the orders were given Cradily used his long neck to trap Growlithe and sprayed a horibly smelling corrosive acid over the little dog.

"Hey what do you think you are doing?!" The kid yelled angry at Cerebus "Growlithe use ember!" he then yelled.
The little dog then spraid a whole bunch of little flames over Cradily, Cradily hardly even giving a flinch proceded with the next attack, it closed its petals and charged up a white ball and then fired it at Growlithe, hitting it badly in the face.
"Good job Cradily, finish it with one last Ancientpower."

The Growlithe, that dident even had to chance to get back on its paws then again got hit by a white ball, sending to the other side of the arena. The Growlithe fainted, this clearly wasent to the liking of its trainer, who proceded to yell words at Cerebus even he dident know existed.

The kid then took a deep breath, pulling himself together.
"Go Golbat!" the kid yelled and throwed the pokéball in the air and releashing the bat with a flash of red light.
"Sorry, kid but is that the best you can do? A Golbat? Nevermind, Cradily lets help our partner a bit, use sunny day."
Cradily started the give of a white glow, and trough every window in the entier arena a massive flash of sun light was coming trough.
His opponent, clearly begin one of those pure offensive trainers gave a weird look on his face as he heard Cerebus' choice of move. "Golbat, use aerial ace!" he yelled.
"Cradily, return" Cerebus said, and his Cradily then returned to his pokéball with a red flash, the Golbat hit nothing but thin air.
"What are you doing, the kid yelled angrily at Cerebus."

Cerebus his dad turned on the TV in the restaurant and started zapping trough the programs as he zapped he came across a familiar looking Cradily and a less familiar looking Ninetales, but it was obvious these were the pokemon Cerebus and his partner were using.

"You see that kid with the scar in his face? Thats my little Cerebus." he said turning to a costumer, one of the only ones at the restaurant, there never were a lot of guests during tournaments.

(( Ooc: Am I allowed to chose the Pokémon of my opponent? Or else I will just edit this part ))

Rex

Resident Furry
OoC: Okay, He is your character; you've a right to control him. Also I'm under the impression that trainers can only use one Pokemon for the rapid elimination, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

BiC: "Just five minutes left to find your partners, get a move on!" The man in the white suit bellowed into his megaphone.

"I hate white suits, too many bad memories" Tony muttered to himself

A fiery number eight appeared in the sky, someone was desperate to find their partner. But it seemed to work, amongst the horde of trainers retreating one was dashing over to the number.

The man grabbed his Microphone again, "It looks like all the trainers are ready and rearing to go! Which means, ladies and gentlemen, that we can now start the tournament."

The crowd was going wild.

"Our first round is the ‘Rapid Elimination Round' which is our way of finding out who will be participating in preliminary round. In this first round, trainers are only allowed one Pokémon each and can only rely on strategy and their team mate to win. Trainers are also only allowed to use the Pokémon they registered at the start of the match."

Tony pulled out his four pokeballs, wondering which to use. He grinned, the choice was obvious.

"Now, let's let our computer randomly decide who will be going first."

The screen behind the man lit up, showing the numbers seventeen and nine.

"Our first teams battling will be numbers seventeen and nine. Could those two teams please make your way toward the referee, all other trainers are to disperse from the battlegrounds to the waiting rooms."

Tony followed the rest of the trainers into one of the many waiting rooms surrounding the battlefield. The battle had already started when he got there. One group was using a Ninetails and a Cradily, the other a Growlithe and a Pinsir. Tony was sure to study each of their fighting styles, just in case he had to battle one of them later on.

Anton turned to him, "That's my little brother up there. "He's pretty good; he got into the semi-finals of the last Sinnoh League Conference before he lost."

Tony nodded, making sure to pay extra attention to the one with the Ninetails. The Cradily had already defeated the Growlithe, and its opponent was trying to cheat, sending out a second Pokémon. The winning trainer returned his Pokémon to its ball before any harm could be done to it however. This left the Ninetails alone on the field to fight the Pinsir, which had just flown several feet backwards, landing back on its side of the field.

Chibi giggled at her partner's apology. "Don't worry, I ramble all the time too." She shook the boy's hand. "Name's Chibi, really. This little demon here is Vyala, my best and first pokemon. She may seem small, but she can easily beat any of my other pokemon. And, as you saw from the little fire display, she has a wicked sense of humor."

Vyala chuckled again, batting her trainer's forehead with a paw. Her next growl was somehow offened.

They were interuppted by the man in white, obviously way too enthusiastic about the tournament. One thing Chibi never liked about announcers and referees, they were just so...excited all the time. "It looks like all the trainers are ready and rearing to go! Which means, ladies and gentlemen, that we can now start the tournament."

"Awesome!" Chibi shouted, Vyala howled.

"Our first round is the ‘Rapid Elimination Round' which is our way of finding out who will be participating in preliminary round. In this first round, trainers are only allowed one Pokémon each and can only rely on strategy and their team mate to win. Trainers are also only allowed to use the Pokémon they registered at the start of the match." Alfred continued as if it were the best thing in the world. Chibi rolled a pokeball between her fingers, grinning devilishly. "Now, let's let our computer randomly decide who will be going first." A giant screen behind the an lit up. Numbers randoly scrolled across the screen before showing up a nine and a seventeen. "Our first teams battling will be numbers seventeen and nine. Could those two teams please make your way toward the referee, all other trainers are to disperse from the battlegrounds to the waiting rooms."

"Mmmm." Chibi agreed, turning. "C'mon, let's get a front row seat!" She dragged the boy behind her into the waiting rooms, to the nearest TV screen, which already had some people around it. "Hmmm, strategical advantage much?" Chibi asked when she saw a Ninetales and Pinsir facing off.

Tailon

Gryffindork
The girl, who had introduced herself as Chibi, seemed quite excitable, and before Alfred could finish all his announcements, Dean found himself dragged into one of the waiting rooms, followed by his confused Pokemon and was suddenly standing in front of a large television screen.
Coming out of his daze, Dean recalled Dusty and Hover, then turned to his Kirlia and said,
"Psych, I've got a surprise for you," then to the Electric Mouse on his shoulder, "Sparks, if you would" Sparky complied, taking a light blue stone from his pack, and handing it to Dean.
Turning back to his Kirlia, he said "See this stone? It's a Dawn Stone, and you're a male Kirlia, which means this will help you evolve into a Gallade," this elicited a strange mix of stunned and happy reactions from his Kirlia, followed by a determined "Kir!"
"Then take this," Dean handed the stone to the little Emotion Pokemon. Almost automatically, a whitish glow surrounded the girl-like creature, and he began to grow, until he grew to be nearly as tall as his trainer, grew blades from his elbows, and his horns moved to his chest and back. The glow dissipated, and a fully evolved Gallade stood before Dean.
"Great," Dean said with a grin "return now," Dean said quietly, drawing the Blade Pokemon back into its Poke Ball. The battle had commenced, and a something of a gasp had come from the crowd.
Dean stood, and inquired of Chibi, "What's going on?"

OOC: Hmm, your right Tony, in this first round it's one Pokemon per trainer. Still you already covered it for me, so thanks. Oh, and for the record, feel free to make NPC trainers use whatever Pokemon you feel like. They're not real people, remember? ;)

BIC:The referee blew his whistle at the one of the trainers "Hey kid, that's cheating. Only one Pokémon allowed"

"I'm not cheating, you're cheating." the youngster retorted, in what was possibly the most childish way imaginable

Alfred's voice came over the speakers "Ohh, what a shame, it looks like this match is already over, due to team seventeen's attempt at cheating." There was a storm of 'boos' from the audience

The roughneck looked like he was gonna bust a vein in anger. "THIS ISN'T OVER YET! PINSIR, SUPERPOWER" he roared. The stag beetle charged at Natasha once again, only this time it was threatening to crush her with its claws.

Bennett hated being caught by surprise, it made him have to think on impulse something he wasn't very good at "Natasha, umm, Quick, Agility, Change Position" Another moment and Natasha would have sustained some serious injuries, but as quick as a flash, she had become nothing but a golden blur which arced through the air, over the top of the enemy Pinsir. Natasha landed gracefully in the same stance from which she had started, and awaited her next command "Now try Hypnosis" Natasha's eyes this time glowed a bright red colour, anyone who would be stupid enough to stare straight at them would be completely under her control. This was of course what the roughneck's Pinsir did, and it promptly fell to the ground, asleep.

"No way! Wake up Pinsir!"

"Not gonna work" Bennett taunted "Finish it with flamethrower." Natasha opened her mouth and let loose a powerful stream of fire which washed over her foe, sealing its fate. Once the attack had finished, the stag beetle was enveloped in red light and sent back to its Pokéball, its trainer grumbling and swearing under his breath.

"Well, that was certainly an interesting first battle. Now let's find out our next combatants." Alfred announced. Once again the screen gave out the numbers of the next participants. "Would teams 8 and 22 please make their way to the field."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bennett made his way with Cerebus down to the waiting room and slumped onto a chair next to Anton, Natasha sat as she always did at his feet. She smiled in content as Bennett petted her head. "How'd we look out there?"

"Pretty Impressive, Natasha's in good form " Replied Anton

Natasha let out a melodious "Nine" in appreciation.
"My partner Cerebus here was pretty good himself." Bennett said, gesturing to his newfound friend

"Yeah, I noticed. Oh, and this is Anthony, my partner."

Bennett examined the young man sitting next to Anton. He looked just a little older than Bennett, and the slash marks on his cheek indicated he had seen his fair share of ordeals. Bennett extended a hand in greeting "Pleased to meet you, Anthony, I'm Bennett. Where're you from?"

Rex

Resident Furry
The Referee stopped the match, and team seventeen was disqualified due to cheating. The man with the Pinsir wouldn't accept this, however. His Pinsir attacked again, and was quickly overwhelmed by the Ninetails.

"Well, that was certainly an interesting first battle. Now let's find out our next combatants." The man in the suit announced, the screen brought up the numbers eight and twenty-two "Would teams 8 and 22 please make their way to the field."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the waiting room Anton's brother sat down next him.

"How'd we look out there?" He asked his brother.
"Pretty impressive, Natasha's in good form," Anton replied.

The Ninetails yipped in agreement.

"My partner Cerebus here was pretty good himself," he said, gesturing at his battle partner.
"Yeah, I noticed. Oh, and this is Anthony, my partner," Anton replied, introducing Tony.

Anton's brother examined him; his eyes lingered on the scar on his cheek for a moment before he extended his hand, "Pleased to meet you, Anthony, I'm Bennett. Where're you from?"

Tony shook Bennett's hand, "Please, call me Tony, I'm from Pewter City, but I live in Lilycove."

The two of them looked like they would be fun to battle. Tony fingered the M he wore on a chain around his neck, hoping that they would be able to battle before the competition was over. All these thoughts raced to the back of his mind, the next two teams were about to start!

While Chibi had been absorbed in the battle, her partner cose to evolve his Kirlia into a Gallade then asked what was going on. She turned to tell him and froze as she saw a Gallade. The heck? It wasn't there two seconds ago. She thought. Vyala growled an explanation and her expression cleared. "Oh," Chibi said, "well, this Cradily just completely owned this Growlithe, and the trainer released a Golbat. That Ninetales doesn't even need to finish her match, the team'll get disqualified."

But apparently, the owner of the Pinsir thought otherwise. He ordered his pokemon to continue attacking the Ninetales in hopes of bringing it down, and was promptly defeated by the Fire pokemon. "Well, that was certainly an interesting first battle. Now let's find out our next combatants. Would teams 8 and 22 please make their way to the field." Alfred announced, the trainers stepping off the battefield.

"Team 8. that's us!" Chibi announced excitedly, grabbing arm. "Let's go!" She ran out of the room, then stopped so Dean could catch up.

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: Assasin's Creed II has been keeping me busy, so I hadn't checked the forums yet.
Dean was again stunned at the sheer speed of reaction from Chibi, and was forced to chase her at full speed before she stopped to let him catch up.

"Slow it down a little huh?" Dean said bemusedly, before walking up to the battlefield, and handing his newly evolved Gallade's Poke Ball to Alfred for registry. He saw Chibi register a Pokemon out of the corner of his eye, but turned his attention to their opponents, a purple-haired boy with a white and purple three piece suit, and another who he didn't take notice of, as he decided to focus on the Rich Boy.

The Boy took a red and white Poke Ball, and tossed it high in the air, where it opened to reveal a tree like Rock type. Dean took his own ball, and released Psych, ready for battle.

"My partner Cerebus here was pretty good himself," he said, gesturing at his battle partner.
"Aaw thanks, pleased to meet you guys." Cerebus said trying to hide his blush.

"Okay, it is going to start." Cerebus said to himself pulling out a small note pad and a pencil.

"Hmm, A Gallade, ... Sudowoodo." Cerebus said to himself as he was writing some unreadable scribling.
"Oh, almost forgot, I thought of introducing you guys to the rest of my team, come out all of you." Cerebus said as he threw six pokéballs in the air revealing a Honchkrow, Feraligatr, Ninetales, Cradily, Toxicroak and a Manetric.

OOC: May I join? The one I was in got cancel so I though I'll join this one while doing my own. If i get a parnter before the my fight. I'll use one of my own.

BIC: Raymond waited in the stands looking at the card in his hand. The 14 on acted like a becaon. Looking down at his Umbreon at his feet, he wonder how he got in this mess.

The day before...

"Thank you for signing up," said the person at the counter, "And it's good to have more home town trainers signing up. Their are alot of people from all around.

"No problem," he said looking over his shoulder. he saw Rick making his way over to someof the trainers who had already signed up. Moving quickly, he ran to his pokemon before it could do anything. "No fighting today Rick. We're in this tournament so you can get more than one battle." Rick glared at his trainer for a little bit before biting him on the leg. Ray cried in pain.

Back to persent...

"One of htese day's Rick," he said to the pokemon, "You're going to regert this desicion.

OOC: I guess I can let you in Abnaki, but you are the last one. From now on, no more people can join. And don't worry about your partner Abnaki, I've got it covered.

BIC: Silvia couldn't believe her terrible luck, not only couldn't she find her partner, but her worst enemy had entered the tournament as well. She wandered through the stands with a look of thunder on her fair face, her eyes partly obscured by her long black hair. At her side bobbed her loyal companion Gyro, a powerful Magneton with the habit of mimicking whatever mood its master was in. As it was gliding along next to her, something caught one of its eyes. A young trainer was holding a card with a number fourteen on it, their number. Gyro started flying erratically around Silvia's head "Magneton! Magneton!"

"What's so important Gyro? I'm not in the mood." Gyro flew down to the young boy and started circling his head, and began making noise. Silvia rushed down to grab Gyro but found what had made him so excited. She frowned at the young boy. "And where were you when we were supposed to be finding out partners, hmm? Pah! Not like that matters now. I'm Silvia, and you'd better be good, because I'm your partner."
Bennett and Anton studied Cerebus's menagerie of Pokémon with great interest. Anton was the first to speak up "It may look like a bit of a rag-tag team, but I gotta hand it to you buddy, you're type coverage is pretty good."
"Yeah, you look like you're ready for anyone." Bennett added. He was considering showing his own Pokémon to Cerebus, but that would ruin the surprise. Besides, Tessa would probably scare too many people. A noise from the TV turned Bennett's attention back to it, the battle has started and was heating up.

Ray looked up at the Mangeton buzzing around his head.

"And where were you when we were supposed to be finding out partners, hmm?" said a female trainer. She no dout was the trainer of the Magenton above him. "Pah! Not like that matters now. I'm Silvia, and you'd better be good, because I'm your partner."
"Perkins please to met ya." He said, "If you need to know I was in the bathroom. I had Rick here hold the card." Ray saw the displearure in his commment. "if you want to know If I good, then how about this for a example. I bet every gym in the Jhoto region and three gyms over in Shinnoh." Rick smile at the comment.

OOC: Short post is short, however I can't do much until this battle gets underway.

BIC:Silvia examined Perkins' badges carefully, they were all legit and in order. She contemplated the notion of swiping them right here and now and getting herself into the Johto League Conference, but decided against it. Too many people watching her. "Well, looks like I underestimated your skill, kid." a loud noise from the battlefield grabbed her attention, and she realised the match had started. "Oh hell." she said as she grabbed Perkins' arm "Come on, we gotta get to the waiting room and be ready in case they call us up." and with that, she dragged him out of the stands with Gyro and Rick tagging behind.

OOC: Incase if people forgot, my Umbreon is a shiny.

Bic:
"Ow ow ow. Heh stop pulling me!" Perkins said as he was begin pulled down to the waiting room. When him and Slivia finally reach he was able to pull his hand away from her. "This is not how I wanted to spend my first week back home."
Rick stopped in his tracks. His yellow eye glowing as brightly as the blue ring on his body at the sight of all the trainers in the room. "Rick, stand down before you hurt someone." At this comment, the dark type pokemon walked up to his trainer and bit on the leg. "Even me," Perkins moaned.
Forgetting the pain that spread through his body, he took stock of the groups of trainers waiting. Most of them we're people he knew, while some look like they never been to Jhoto before, let alone Goldenrod.
"Okay," Perkins said hoping to get away from his battle ready partner. "Silvia, I got some friends here that I want to talk to. Have Rick wait here with you until I get back, Okay?"

OOC: I thought I had made this perfectly clear, but obviously, Grotle56, you are to lazy to read everything, so I'll repeat myself, just for you. I will be allowing NO more people to join, we have enough as it is, furthermore, as Ganon just told you, that thing is barely even legible. I'm sorry, but I'll have to ask you to delete your post please. If you don't, then we'll just continue as if it didn't happen. Oh and for a change of subject, has anyone seen Chibi?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: Well, that was a barrel of fun. He's gone now (and I deleted his spam), so continue on with your roleplaying :)

((Eeeek. Sorry about the huge delay, but now I'm finally free to post again.))

Chibi sized up her two opponents, both boys. One was purple-haired, and the style of his suit said that he was obviously rich. His partner was dressed in more casual clothing, but from his expression and the way he gripped his pokeball, Chibi guessed that he didn't rely on strategy as much as the brute strength of his pokemon.

To her left, she saw Dean and the rich boy call out a Gallade and Sudowoodo respectively. Taking the cue, she threw her pokeball into the air. "Time for some fun Firestrike." She whispered to herself, grinning.

The ball released a Quilava into the field, who shook himself off from his sleep. He looked around at the sights before him. The boy on the other end smiled, and he threw a Great Ball. The light materialized into a Piloswine, which sniffed the air warily. Chibi tapped her chin. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. Noticing everyone was standing still, she guessed it was her turn to start the battle. "Firestrike, Swift." She commanded.

Firestrike mewled and suddenly his head and back legs burst into flames. The flames on his head rolled up and condensed, forming little golden stars. He leaped into the air and flipped, kicking on of the stars across the battlefield. The others followed, pelting the Piloswine with energy.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Chibi was the first to launch her attack, a Swift from her Quilava, and Dean leaped into action (figuratively, in fact, Dean stood erect, then looked over the Sudowoodo with a swift, calculating eye he had gained through seven years of battle).

"Alright Psych, aim a Leaf Blade in the center of the four spots on its chest." The young Gallade quickly complied, launching forward with psychically enhanced speed, armblades glowing green, spun, and stabbed with an elbow with extreme precision into the spot Dean had indicated…all before the Imitation Pokemon and its Trainer had a chance to begin.

The Rich Boy was shocked, but, seeing his Pokemon had not yet fallen, called out, "Flail!" the Rock Type began to move its arms and legs at high speeds, striking the Blade Pokemon randomly from all angles.

"Psych, end this with a Confusion" Gallade's eyes glowed magenta, and Sudowoodo was blasted back by a pulse of psychic power, falling with a dazed look. The Rich Boy reached for a Poke Ball, but realized it was one on one and recalled his Pokemon.

Dean turned his attention to the other opponent, who had released a Piloswine, but saw Chibi had control over the situation

OOC: lol Stel reference

Chibi calmly watched her battle progress. If it weren't for Piloswine's part Ground type, this battle would have ended a while ago. The boy kept ordering his Piloswine to just blindly charge Firestrike, but the Quilava was far too quick to be any sort of danger. But of course, for a pokemon vulnerable to fire Piloswine sure could take a hit. The boy, after the ninth time Firestrike nimbly danced out of the way of Piloswine's tusks, finally showed some strategy. "Mud Slap!" He ordered unexpectedly.

Chibi had thought that he would simply have Piloswine charge over and over, and the sudden command startled her. Before she could get her counterattack out, Piloswine kicked up a wall of mud that spattered into Firestrike, knocking him over and halting his running. "Icy Wind." The boy ordered next. The Piloswine blew a cold breath across the mud coating Firestrike, freezing it. Chibi hid a smile of admiration. She had to admit, it was a good way to put a Fire type out of commission. But Firestrike was far too trained to lie down just yet.

The boy had Piloswine rush at Firestrike again, and this time Chibi allowed her grin to show. "Flame Wheel." She said loudly. Firestrike shook himself off and began rushing forward, despite his flames beings doused. He flew into the air, and the frozen mud broke off, no, it exploded as a roaring mane of flame surrounded the Volcano pokemon's body. Firestrike rolled, a careening wheel of fire that slammed right into the Piloswine and launched off its body. The flames were doused in mid-air and Firestrike landed feet first on the ground.

"Ice Fang," the boy yelled just before Firestrike landed. Despite having a big black line on it that made it look as if it had just been run over, the Piloswine charged forward. Its tusks became covered with ice, and it clamped down on Firestrike's back, shaking the weasel-like pokemon around.

"Flare up Firestrike!" Chibi called out. The flames of Firestrike's body suddenly burst up, burning even more of the Piloswine's fur. There were many things the Piloswine would do for its trainer, but biting down on a pokemon that was practically on fire was not one of them. Chibi decided to show everyone a little treat. "Firestrike," she said, "use Firestrike." A move she had invented herself, or to be more precise Firestrike invented, but she gave it the name. Firestrike crouched down, then raced forward as if doing a Quick Attack. The flames around his head burst up even more fiercely than before, giving the impression that a fireball was rocketing towards the Piloswine. Firestrike smashed into the Piloswine harshly, the flames around him lunged forward and surrounded the Piloswine, and with a bellow it collapsed.

The boy looked absolutely stunned, as if he were the one who had just been hit, and wordlessly called back his pokemon. Firestrike trotted back to Chibi, dousing the flames on his body, clearly expecting praise. Chibi got on one knee and scratched him behind on of his ears, much to his delight.

((Ah, I miss doing battle scenes. ^^))

Tailon

Gryffindork
OOC: short post is short but meh

As expected, Chibi destroyed the Piloswine with relative ease, although the move her Quilava used was new, seemed almost like a fire-type Volt Tackle.

Walking up Dean asked, "Hey, did you come up with that…Firestrike, you called it? Anyway, we make a pretty good team I guess, here's hoping we can win some more."

Dean recalled Psych, then offered, "Let's head back to the waiting room…"

Chibi gladly accepted the offer, heading back to the waiting room where she knew Vyala would be waiting. Firestrike trotted obediently at her heels. "The move? No, I didn't invent it, Firestrike did. You see, he really like charging into things when he first evolved. He also liked messing with fire, and he figured out that if he covered himself in flames before he hit then it did a lot more damage. I just came up with the name."

She enetered the waiting room, and two seconds later Vyala bounded out of the crowd, her six tails wiggling happily. She barked and Chibi held out her arms; the Vulpix jumped into them instantly. "I hope the nest rainers aren't as easy." Chibi remarked, smoothing Vyala's fur. "I'm more used to league championship type battles."

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to update this, been really busy and other stuff had had to come first, I'm sure you all know how it is.

BIC: Bennett and Anton watched as the battle unfolded before them on the TV. The boy with the Gallade had a huge advantage over its opponent, a Sudowoodo, and easily managed to knock it out whilst taking somewhat minimal damage from the imitation Pokémon's Flail attack. But what was more interesting was the battle between a Quilava and Piloswine which was being fought by what looked like a casual trainer and the girl with the Vulpix that had put on an interesting pyrotechnic display earlier. Whilst the Quilava had the the type advantage, the other boy was using Piloswine's large array of ground attacks to his advantage. What really grabbed Bennett's attention was the improvised move that the Quilava had used, certainly something of great power. Just as Volt Tackle could be described as an electrified Double-Edge attack, this could be described as a flaming Double-Edge attack. It also packed enough punch to down the Piloswine. "She looks like she's league material." Bennett thought to himself, hoping he'd be the one to battle her.

Alfred looked on in interest at the battle below him; it'd been a while since he'd seen one of this calibre. When the battle was seemingly over, Alfred grabbed his microphone once again "Let's give the trainers a round of applause everyone! That was what battling is all about!" a huge cheer went up from the audience. When it started to die down, Alfred resumed his speech "Now, if the trainers could clear the field, we'll call out our next competitors" once again the big screen displayed another random pair of numbers. "We'll need teams 13 and 20 to come to the field immediately."

"Come on, Tony! That's us!" Anton exclaimed as he got out of his chair and pulled a Pokéball from his belt "And I know just who I'll use for this battle."

Bennett gave his brother a thumbs up and he and Tony left the waiting room "Give em' hell guys!" he called

After he had his Pokémon registered for the match and lost the coin toss, Anton stood in his corner and sized up his opponents. In one corner was a young man dressed in odd clothing of purple and dark blue, he was most likely one of those hack psychics who claim to have special powers. Directly opposite him was a fit young girl in a training suit. This was his target.

"Begin" came the voice of the referee

"Hitmonlee! Let's smash this guy good!" the girl called as she released her prized fighting type onto the battlefield

"Up and at em', Cobalt!" Anton yelled as he threw his Pokéball into the air. The ball popped open and released a stream a light which formed into Anton's prized Metagross

"Hitmonlee! We've got the first move, Blaze Kick!" cried the Battle Girl. Her Pokémon charged forward and prepared to strike Cobalt with a flaming foot when. . .

"Cobalt, Zen Headbutt!" The large ‘X' on Cobalt's face started to glow a bright violet as it threw itself straight into the oncoming attack. The moves collided, resulting in an explosion which caused both sides some major damage. "Cobalt, can you shake it off?" the Iron Leg Pokémon gave an optimistic ‘Meta' in response.

Rex

Resident Furry
The second battle went a lot smoother, a Gallade easily took down a Sudowoodo, and a Quilava destroyed a Piloswine. So he wasn't the only one here with a Quilava, sure the means he got his wouldn't be considered legal, but it was still his. The improvised move the Quilava had used was very interesting. She looked tough, Tony hoped he would have to fight her.

Then it was his team's turn. Anton looked excited, to say the least, Tony did his best to keep a casual, almost bored look on his face. Originally he had wanted to use Flynt, his own Quilava, for his battle, but he liked to keep the crowd interested. Seth wouldn't do either, he was far too powerful to be used already. That left him with two choices, Jake or Blitz.

He scanned in his Poke Ball, and followed Anton to the arena. His opponent was a Psychic. Anton was battling a triathlete by the looks of it. She had a Hitmonlee, against Anton's Metagross. The psychic released a Kadabra, typical of them. With a sigh Tony revealed his own Pokemon, Jake.

The Riolu's red fur earned him a gasp from the crowd. Unfortunately the Pokemon was very shy, and immediately started to edge towards him. He calmed down when he saw the Kadabra, when he battled, the only thing that mattered was what Tony said, and what the enemy did. They had lost the coin toss, which meant that the Kadabra had the first move.

"Psybeam," the Kadabra fired a beam at the Riolu.
"Endure," Tony sighed, long range was so common with Psychic's.

Jake nodded, crossing his arms in front of his face, and braced himself. The attack hit him hard, but he was able to shake it off.

"Dig, then Focus Punch."

The Riolu disappeared under the ground, after a moment it came up under the Kadabra, smashing it in the jaw with Focus Punch. The Kadabra flew backwards, it was somehow able to pull itself up again.

"Confuse!" the Psychic shouted.
"Protect."

A green barrier appeared around the Riolu, defending it from the psychic onslaught.

"Do we use it or do we not, what do you think Jake, want to show them?" He asked the Riolu.

Still protected by his barrier, Jake looked back at him and shrugged.

"No, we'll save that for a different battle I think, Finish."

Finish was one of two tactic's he had created for the Riolu, it was an offensive tactic that combined Sky Uppercut with Hi Jump Kick. The Riolu let the barrier fall, dashing at his opponent. Not knowing what to expect the Kadabra was hit hard by the Uppercut, and sent flying into the sky. Jake jumped into the air and brought his footpaw down on the Kadabra's head, sending it back into the ground.

The psychic returned the Pokemon, calmly accepting defeat. Tony looked over, to see how his partner battled.

(Not trying to copy you Chibi, Finish and Flash Step, the two tactic's I use, were created for a different RP. I've been using them for some time on different sites.)

"Meteor Mash!" Cobalt's fist glowed a bright white colour as it brought it down on the opponent's Hitmonlee

"Use Endure, Hitmonlee!" barked the battle girl. Her kicking Pokémon focused and braced itself as Cobalt's heavy blow connected. The fighting type had the wind knocked out of it but managed to stay up. "Now, Reversal!" The Hitmonlee charged forward and hit Cobalt all out with a flurry of kicks

"Cobalt, Zen Headbutt!" Cobalt's ‘X' glowed violet again as it charged forward.

"Hitmonlee! Dodge that attack!" yelled the trainer as her Pokémon lithely leaped out of the way. The battle girl then noticed Tony's Riolu standing around doing nothing, having defeated her teammate. A plan formed in her head. "Hit both of them with a Rolling Kick!" The Hitmonlee extended it's right leg and swung it wide, threatening to take out both Tony's Riolu Jake and do massive damage to Cobalt.

"Tony! Don't just stand there, do something!" Anton yelled

Rex

Resident Furry
The Hitmonlee attempted to use a Rolling Kick to take down both Jake and the Metagross.

He hadn't wanted to use this, but it looked like he had no choice, "Flash Step."

The Riolu disappeared, an afterimage being cut down by the attack. Flash Step was Jake's second tactic. It combined Agility with Double Team, in an attempt to confuse the enemy. In seconds it seemed that dozens of the red-furred Pokemon surrounded the Hitmonlee.

"Force Palm, then Focus Blast."

One of the Riolu's appeared in front of the Hitmonlee, smashing it in the head with its attack. It flew back a foot from the attack. As it attempted to get to its feet it was knocked down again by the Focus Blast. The Riolu copies disappeared, and Jake returned to Tony's side.

He frowned, "I hope I didn't finish it, sorry if I did Anton."

"Flash Step!" came Tony's command

As the foes rolling kick closed in it went straight through Jake, who had been replaced by an illusory copy, and continued on to slam into Cobalt. Cobalt staggered but didn't falter, but both he and his trainer watched in awe as dozens of red-furred Riolus surrounded the foe's Hitmonlee in an attempt to disorient it.

"Force Palm, then Focus Blast."

Anton watched as Jake was here then there, delivering a pair of powerful blows that knocked the girl's Pokémon out of the competition.

"Hope I didn't finish it, sorry if I did Anton."

Anton watched as the battle girl returned her Hitmonlee and smiled, she didn't seem to mind that she had lost. Anton then turned to Tony "Don't sweat it little buddy, I'm just glad you're on my side." He said as he returned Cobalt to his ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bennett watched his brother's teammate Tony with great interest; another opponent who would present him with a good challenge. As the two left the arena, Alfred once again took to the stage.

"What an exciting victory won by team 13!" Alfred announced as the screen lit up with another pair of numbers "Now, let's keep everything moving, could teams 14 and 12 make their way to the arena as quickly as possible.

Silvia waited impatiently for Perkins to return, his Umbreon had made several attempts to get away from her, so she had to resort to using Gyro to keep it occupied. "Where has that brat gone?" she thought to herself.

"What an exciting victory won by team 13!" Alfred announced as the screen lit up with another pair of numbers "Now, let's keep everything moving, could teams 14 and 12 make their way to the arena as quickly as possible.

Silvia waited impatiently for Perkins to return, his Umbreon had made several attempts to get away from her, so she had to resort to using Gyro to keep it occupied. "Where has that brat gone?" she thought to herself.

OOC: What with this? You thought I quit this Bennett?

BIC:Ray Place a hand on Silvia's s shoulder. "Did you miss me?" He said with a grin a pond his face. Before she could answer, Ray fleet a sharp pain in his leg. "Rick! He said. looking down he saw that his pokemon had bitten him as usually. Pulling his pokemon face from his leg, Ray knelt down to talk to his attacker. What did I told you? Stop biting." the Umbreon looked at his master eyes in rage. "I know you're pissed but save that rage for the battling.

He got and turn to his battling partner. "Sorry it took so long ran in to some old friends. You know the ones you wish you never met in the first place. THOSE old friends."his Umbreon look up at his trainer with a questioning look on his face. "Read the expression he Ray replied, "The really dumb two from school." Umbreon grinned at the mention of the pair of trainer from way back.

Ray turn to Silvia and asked "What's new?'

OOC: I was just trying to keep in character with Silvia, that's all.

BIC: "We're next, let's move!" Silvia stated bluntly as she grabbed Perkins and dragged him up to the battlefield. When they arrived, Silvia had Gyro's Pokéball registered but didn't bother returning him. Why would she need to use surprise, she was going to win anyway, especially when her opponents were a team consisting of an old man, albeit he was well dressed, and what looked like the nerdiest person she had ever seen.

The trainers took their positions, with the first move going to Silvia and Perkins. "Alright Gyro, get ready." Her brave Magneton flew in front of her into the arena.

"Alright Muk! Here we go!" called the nerd as he sent out the sludgy, hulking figure of what appeared to be his most prized Pokémon

"Arcanine, defend our honor!" shouted the gentleman as he called out his great, regal companion

Silvia looked at Perkins "Care to make the first move?" she asked with a small wink.

Ray looked at his opponents and then down to his Umbreon. Rick smiled at his trainer. Return the smile he said, "We got Arcanine."

Rick charged at his target with a fire in his eyes. The old man called out, "Flamethrower." The jet of fire blasted out of the dog pokemon's mouth and cover every inch of Rick's body. When the jet ended, the Umbreon was nowhere to be seen.
Ray smiled as his eyes remained on the battle. "Give him a Illusion he will never forget." he muttered. Rick then appeared behind Arcanine in a picture of health.Once again Rick charged. Arcaine countered with another flamethrower and the result was the same.
This continued awhile Silvia and Gryo fought the Nerd's Muk.

"My, Bennett, that look on your eyes makes me think you know that girl." Cerebus said teasingly.

Cerebus then watched on how the Arcanine had an extremly hard time with the Umbreon, "Hmm, the old man barely shows any form of tactic, this fight is going to end very fast." He mutterein himself, " The Umbreon on the other hand, he is about as fast as Weavile, very interesting." Cerebus continued as he was taking down notes.