• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The General Computer Specs Thread

I credit LoN for this topic (who also better post in it)~

The name says it all: what are your computer specs looking like? My current Toshiba laptop that I'm borrowing is old and extremely slow. 1.60 Ghz Processor and 1.99 GB of RAM. Apparently I have 65 GB of internal memory and yet only 13.1 GB are left--and that was after I purged it. I would love to own a Macbook someday. Not because I'm an Apple fangirl, but because I want something that'll last for ages.

Oh, and this topic also includes smartphones and tables. For a phone, I have the HTC Evo 4g with Andriod 2.3, with a 1 GHz processor 512 MB of memory and 350 MB of RAM.

So does my laptop suck as much as I think it does?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I'm currently at work but wanting to reply, so I'll post the specs of this fellow. :3:

This bugger, which is actually pretty nice compared to the dinosaur that I used to use, is a Dell PC with an intel Core i3 CPU (550 @ 3.20GHZ). It has 4GB of RAM, a 64 bit OS, and runs on Windows 7 Professional. I have no idea what its video card specs are (not that it matters for what I use this PC for), but its total local disk size is 232 GB. I don't know the exact size of its LCD monitor, but I assume that it's a 17".

Now if only the college included Chrome on their standard ghost image (and not just IE) I'd be a very a happy worker.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545

It runs Windows 7 and uses a dual core Celeron processor at 2GHz. It has 3GB of RAM and a 250GB disk drive. I don't know a lot else other than it has a 15'6 screen and runs as slow as toffee but it is approaching the 4 year mark I believe

Lets see...

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor @ 3.21GHz (6 core)
16GB RAM (4x4GB)
Windows 7 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5800 x1
22'' monitor x2
Antec 1200 tower case

... what else? Umm.

1TB HDD
120GB SSD
Lots of flashy blue lights

Has anyone got any experience with liquid cooling? I'm thinking of upgrading.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
My current spec isn't mind-blowing, but it's pretty good for what I paid in upgrades:

• Intel® Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz Dual Core Processor
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GT 520 Graphics card
  • 1x 500GB Hard Drive
  • 1x 2TB Hard Drive
  • Running 64-Bit Windows 8 and Linux Mint

Next spare money I have is going on a beefier graphics card - this one I only really got as a way to have any graphics card at all, so it was only £50. Would ideally look to spend about 150%-200% of that getting a replacement. Eventually, I'd also like to follow the upgrade path for this processor socket, too, and throw in an i3 or i5 chip.

Will also very likely be buying Windows 8 when it comes out later this year.

Just copypasta'ing from the site what mine is:

Toshiba Satellite L775-S7245:
Intel® Core™ i3-2310M processor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
6GB DDR3 1333MHz memory
640GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA)
17.3" widescreen
1600x900, 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content
AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

No idea what most of that means~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shocari said:
No idea what most of that means~
Right there with ya! :D

Anyways, I finally dragged up the specs of my home desktop PC. Here's how it currently looks:

Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz Processor
8GB DDR3 RAM (PC3-10600 MB/sec)
Windows 7 64-Bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 5770 (1 GB onboard memory)
1 TB HDD
21.5 inch Full HD LCD Monitor

I've had it for about a year and a half now and it's still working nicely. I'll edit in my laptop specs laterz.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So I have spent a reasonable amount of money on a gaming PC. It's probably somewhat budget by hardcore standards, but it runs nearly everything I throw at it at around 60fps, so I don't really care :D

CPU: Intel Core i3 560 - 3.33ghz overclocked to 3.8ghz using the stock cooler, which is surprisingly effective.
Memory: 4GB Corsair DDR3 RAM. It's advertised at running at 1600mhz, but doesn't go above 1520 without crashing repeatedly.
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX560 OC - Not the Ti model. I couldn't afford it. :p
Hard Drive: 1x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 250GB - dualbooting Windows 8 and Mac OS X.
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2023NW - 20" screen, 1680x1050 resolution.