• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Gen IV Review- Discusison Thread

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Yep, it's here. The biggest review in teh world EVAR. Part 2 should be up tomorrow, so when's a better time for a disscussion topic? (Apart from 2 weeks ago)

So yeah, discuss any aspect of the review here. Remember, all 4 generations will be discussed, and there is even a chance of add ons over the next year or so if I get the inclination.

(And no one move this, it's so awesome it gets to stay here :p)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Noted ;)

Personally, I'm interested to see how you tackled the Review of the older Pokes this time 'round. Did any of your opinions on certain ones majorly change? ... Guess we'll see whenever it's finally up xp

Maybe I'll take a peek at the review of the older ones. X3 See what your opinion on Persian is this time around. X3

But other than that, I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE your Fourth Gen Review, Nem! It's so horrible! I hate it! I hatehatehate it! X_X

BECAUSE IT'S SOOOO FREAKIN' TEMPTING! >_< It's already spoiled the Korinku line for me...mostly...sob...so...tempting...just...to look...*sob*

But I'll be happy to see the review of the old gens. Unless they're absolutely crammed with spoilers, or something...are you using the new sprites for them? Like, both male and female for the ones that apply? *is curious*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, it's growing on me too, but Alex's defense for it being ugly is still lame: "Its meant to be ugly". Personally, I'd rather see it with a design that was meant to look good and actually does look good :p

The only reason I'd ever train it is stats alone. But hey, that's enough in competitive battling ;)

Sorry, kinda crap reply. Haven't had the chance to actually read the review yet, nor really have the time right now either. I'll edit this/reply again once I have.

I like the review Nem ^_^ it brought back alot of my old pokemon memories (which had this special feeling since I didn't know alot about it) and of course the edition of what new things they can learn, abilites etc shot me back into the future and got me ready for D/P. Plus it gave me some cool insight. Ummm what Alex are you talking about Linky ???

I took a peek at the generation 1 review...I liked it! Good job! ^_^;; I didn't seriously read it, just in case, but from the comments I did see, I thought it was a good read. It'll be fun once I allow myself to really sit down and read it all. I can't wait until the Johto and Hoenn ones!

The random comments were nice, too...an interesting break from the actual Pokemon. I wish there were more, though...they were interesting! You could probably do an entire page/essay/whatever with just comments like that! @_@

Do you remember saying anything like that? ;)

Of course not. Because you were drugged at the time :O

(Hehe that seems to happen a lot lately)..... uh back on track ^_^; I just remember saying it looked like a clown. How about from now on we call me not-the-alex ;) oh and I can't wait for the Johto one too because that generation introduced me to the pokemon games.

Hah! "Not-the-Alex"! That makes me feel like hitting you on the head with a frying pan ;D!

*frying pan'd*

Ow...

If your talking about the name and are confused by it then I'll explain. Since Oak's name is Alex some people have nicknamed me not-the-alex to distinguish us. Hitting me on the head with a frying pan?...........okay then

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If your talking about the name and are confused by it then I'll explain. Since Oak's name is Alex some people have nicknamed me not-the-alex to distinguish us. Hitting me on the head with a frying pan?...........okay then

Heh. While that's all true, Bock, DDB just happens to be one of the rare people who actually knows where the not-the-Alex reference comes from ^^ *frying pan'd*

"I wonder if you can put dark glasses on your Pokemon in DP…"

That just got me thinking. We have trainer customization now, but will we ever have Pokemon customization? While it's true that you can dress Pokemon up for Contests in DP, it doesn't actually stay for battling, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You do get Pokeball customation, which you can assign to a Pokemon (For as long as it remains in your team).

I think full Pokemon customisation is still a bit off. As is trainer customisation within the main games.

The reason for that comment was because of Baby Sinclair's "Not-the-Mama!" bit from that old Jim Henson TV series "Dinosaurs".

A-yup! The frying pan was in that bit, too. Although, I think there was a baseball bat at one time.

Oh, need to get back on topic. Doesn't it seem odd how Hitmonchan received a secondary ability that powers up Punching attacks while Hitmonlee gets a secondary ability that powers up retaliation attacks? Why not one to power up kicking attacks? I also think that Anger Nerve also plays into Mankey and Primeape's personality, too.

Ah the memories. The part 2 review gives me and urge to go find my fire red game. Oh well.

Oh and I assure you that i will find a way to get charmander into D/P