• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Freedom Zone (Pokesona RP) Sign-Ups

Glad the RP is up.
Should I create another character, specifically of a Lapras? (It doesn't evolve. Plus I would like to have a pokemon near the beach.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Name: Oliver
Species(must be an unevolved Pokemon with no evolution experience whatsoever): Oshawott (Shiny form)
Personality: Lonely, he likes to surf on a surf board he made himself.
Accessories: A Green bowtie-like leaf on his Neck. It's scalchop is very shiny.

I've Rp'ed before, and I know the in's and outs. Plus I am working on the book form of the RP I created. (Yes I started the Pokemon World Rp that just died.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then. Thanks.

Name: Lucas
Species: Riolu
Personality: He is very friendly, and loves to make people his friend quickly. He often doesn't think of what he is doing, and starts a plan in less then 5 minutes. However, he's best friends with Paige The Ralts, despite them two having opposite behaviours.
Accessories: None.

Name:
Paige
Species: Ralts
Personality: Very shy, bookworm, hates to get caught in physical problems, and has very low self-esteem. However, if the situation is bad enough, she will use her powers at full strength. When not in a situation, usually she'd just use Psychic to grab things.
Accessories: A bow (not a bow and arrow) on her back waist. It is the colour of the pink parts of her hair.

Can you tell me if the Mega Stone isn't allowed? EDIT: I removed the accessory.

Also, I have an idea for if we're allowed to evolve later on. Friendship works if you have a good friend, usually this evolution happens in situations where the Pokemon protects his friend from a danger, and evolves to be stronger.

Last edited:
Name: Gene
Species: Ralts
Personality: Curious, Energetic, Often quick to be defensive, even offensively so, when teased. However to his friends he is always loyal, and occasionally a peddler of good advice.
Accessories: Has a small purple scarf, and holds onto it dearly for... sentimental reasons.
Visual Description:
CustomPokemonRaltsFamily2.jpg

(Would it be ironic to say I was too lazy to type up his description?)

Because I don't know your RP skills, I'd like to see a sample of an RP paragraph from you two. @MewGamerClone150 and @Ultimate_Fessd

RP Scenario: Character 1(Gabriel) trains Character 2 (Gene) in something.
A strangely colored Kirlia sits criss crossed, floating a few feet in the air. Several different items float around him in different directions, orbiting him, as his body and the items glow a faint pinkish-purple. A Gallade stands tall behind him, and calmy but firmly speaks instructions.
"Gene, you're descending, raise yourself. Here comes the next item." He tosses in a medium sized stone, and Gene catches it, faltering momentarily before righting himself.
"I'm unsure if I'll be able to hold much more Gabriel..." Gene blurts out. His eyes are scrunched closed in concentration, as he struggles with maintaining his psychic control.
"You can do it. Keep going." Gabriel replies. He stares down at Gene's form, silently judging his ability. "Two more items and you'll pass this course kid."
Gene seems to gain back some of his energy at this. He rights himself, and continues floating there in concentration. The items orbit his body, never colliding with one another, and Gene's eyes remain tightly shut. The young Kirlia is cleary nearing his limit, but continues giving it his best. "Here comes the next item." A slightly larger stone is tossed at Gene, but as he attempts to catch it, it is clear he isn't able to. The stone slows significantly, but still hits Gene in the back. This triggers a chain reaction. Gene looses focus immediately, and all the items drop around him. He then lands roughly on his rear, and shouts briefly in suprise.
"Oww!" He drones, slowly rubbing his bottom. "I.. guess that means I failed again."
"You're getting better though. I think you will soon be passing this course my young apprentice"
"Really?" Gene looks up at Gabriel with elation in his eyes.
"Yes. Soon."

Is that good? I'm unsure exactly what you wanted us to send to you so I kinda just used a RP Scenario generator site.

If you RP like that I cannot accept you. You are breaking the Pokecharms RP Rules and I don't want rule breakers on my thread.

Could I get a link to these rules I'm new to this website

I was asked to give you some kind of RP example so I did, you never specified how to do it or in what style you wanted me to do it. If you were to explain the rules to me I would probably be able to follow these rules.

Oh, okay. That's my bad, then. If you read about how we RP, it says that you must RP in third person and past tense. The third person was great, but you need to add suffixes or extra words to clarify that it was in the past.

An example would be:
It was evident that Gene was meditating, sitting crisscrossed in the air. Gene had gone through this course many times, but had failed.

Just remember to use words and suffixes that let you know it happened in the past.

Oh, okay. That's my bad, then. If you read about how we RP, it says that you must RP in third person and past tense. The third person was great, but you need to add suffixes or extra words to clarify that it was in the past.

An example would be:
It was evident that Gene was meditating, sitting crisscrossed in the air. Gene had gone through this course many times, but had failed.

Just remember to use words and suffixes that let you know it happened in the past.

Oh, okay. I think I understand then. If I keep that in mind and work to keep it in third person and in past tense may I join your RP?
If I RP unsatisfactory to your requirements I'll completely understand if you ask me to leave.

I won't ask you to leave, I'll just report you because that's how we roll here at Charms. If this thread gets deleted, I won't care, because I can make this a fanfic as well, like I did one of my RP's that died.

I won't ask you to leave, I'll just report you because that's how we roll here at Charms. If this thread gets deleted, I won't care, because I can make this a fanfic as well, like I did one of my RP's that died.

Does this mean I have permission to join your RP as long as I remember to keep to the rules?
(I found the rules page so I've got that favorited so I can look at it often.)

Well, I want to see a short RP sample from you now that you know the rules, just to see how good you are this. Your first sample was amazing, so if you give me a smaller one in past tense, I'll see it and accept you. (sorry, I just need to see your skills)

Well I'll try, however I will say I'm currently very tired so I'm sorry if I don't quite meet your standards.
RP Scenario: Character 2 is taking care of an injured or sick Character 1

Gene had been unconscious for some time, having had injured himself during the last training exercise. Gabriel sighed as he brewed a special drink from various berries to give to the young Kirlia. Gabriel had seen this before, for he'd been training others in his village for some time, but hadn't expected Gene to fall under the same circumstances. Gene had pushed himself too far, and attempted too much at once. His psychic abilities had been put under strain and young Gene had collapsed under the exertion. Gabriel walked up the stairs in his hollowed greatwood he called a home, ready to hand this drink to his young student so he might recover soon. Perhaps then Gene would better himself further, having learned the concequences of improper practice.

Awesome. Thank you! Also to clarify: I was using Gene as a Kirlia in my sample because Ralts training to use psychic abilities better seemed farfetched to me. I'll still be starting out as a Ralts (1st evolution). I'll be reading the previous posts in the actual rp for now to know what's going on.

This looks interesting. :) I'm going to try this RP out. :) Do the Mystery Dungeon rules apply to this one (like multiple active Abilities)? Can we use more than 4 moves?

Name: Chu

Species: Pichu

Personality: She's brave when met with adversity, but still can be childish at times. Her bodyguard and big brother from another mother, Sol, will sometimes be scared by her actions, as it doesn't befit the usual Pichu. Usually, they are mischievous (harmless pranks) and timid. With her, she's naughty (sometimes hurting others and herself in the process) and stubborn, not going down without a fight. She can be easily provoked and attack without warning if someone pesters her, but to friends, she's kind and sweet and will do anything for them. Sometimes, this face-heel turn from interacting with friends to interacting with her enemies can either scare or confuse individuals around them. She loves training, and if she finds her skill lacking, she'll train hard the next day to perfect it.

Despite her small, runt-like size, she's more boisterous and filled with energy. At times where it calls her to be serious, she'll act her age and be mature about situations, putting in a few puns or jokes to lighten the mood a little, but she'll be serious for most of it. She also likes to make fun of people, especially towards people she hates. Towards friends, this behavior will look like rough-housing, and sarcastic jokes. If she did manage to hurt her friend's feelings, she'll cave in and apologize profusely.

Since she's been with Sol for far longer and she sees him as a big brother, she'll get into mischief, causing him grief and not following his rules. She'll even run away from him and hide somewhere, so she can be by herself for a bit and not have Sol breathing down her neck. She still loves him like a sister though, no matter how much he makes her go insane.

Accessories: Has a black handkerchief around her neck and she's smaller than the average Pichu, being 8 inches tall instead of the usual foot. To compensate for her short size, her cheeks and tail are larger than the average Pichu, giving her more storage space for the electricity and better balance. This also means that if she ever discharges electricity at half power, someone startles her, or she jolts awake (hah, get it?), she'll hurt herself with her self-induced (and sometimes other people) shocks. Since her tail is larger, she's able to put her full weight on the tail and bounce around.

Name: Sol

Species: Absol

Personality: He is calm and reserved, only growing agitated when Chu is being too much of a nuisance or when Chu is hurt or threatened. Since he always mistakes her as an actual child, he is always there to protect her and take care of her, even when she really doesn't need it. Because of this behavior, she feels inferior or weak, which could explain the reason why she trains so much. He always tries his best to take care of her, but she either enjoys it or hates it and runs off somewhere. To him, it feels like a hit or miss kind of thing...

He feels horrible every time she cries or is angry, usually crying or getting angry with her. He is extremely empathetic and sympathetic, feeling the emotions around him. Since he is an Absol, he can see into the future about epidemics and disasters that are to come, but only in 1 month's time, or he sees a disaster that can either happen that month or the next year and he'll never know. This can cause him to have nightmares and don't sleep at times, making him tired and groggy in the day.

Because he knows what it's like to be alone, he's always with her, so that she'll never have to suffer from that horrible fate. When he's away from her, he becomes emotionally strained, thinking that she's scared, when she's doing just fine in actuality. He acts like a father or a big brother, always keeping tabs on her, even though she hates it and is unwarranted at times. He loves her like a little sister, and he would do anything to keep her safe.

Even though they have opposite personalities and don't interact well in given situations, they are actually quite close and they are pretty good at team battling and using each other, understanding each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Accessories: He has a yellow handkerchief around his neck, and his black horn has a chip in it from protecting Chu. His fur is more scuffed up and not beautifully kept like others of his kind, and his tail is a little longer than most. However, even though it's longer, it is only longer by about 4 inches, and it's extremely sensitive, making it difficult to attack with or to take attacks with. Poking it would even cause some amounts of pain (imagine getting shocked)...

I also have ideas on how Pokemon can evolve, when they apparently can't in the first place. Can I PM you?

If you want to see my RP skills, give me an example of some sort of scenario that happens. I want to be surprised. Give me something funny, heartbreaking, serious, or anything else of the like.