• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Fragmented Completion (Super Smash Bros. RP Discussion)

Now it's @Manu456Alola's turn.
The original Goddess, Palutena is a goddess known by many names. By the Hylians, she was called Hylia. By the Ylisseans, she was called Naga. By the rest of the world, she was merely Palutena. Palutena is one of two gods born to watch over the world, the other being her sister Medusa. Medusa and Palutena are complete opposites - where Palutena is the Goddess of Light and rules Skyworld, Medusa is the Goddess of Darkness and rules the Underworld. In the distant past, Medusa chose to cause humans misery for fun. Palutena wouldn't tolerate it, and cursed Medusa to be a hideous beast as punishment. Medusa, outraged, attacked Palutena in full force. Palutena's forces were unprepared to deal with the Underworld's army and the Dark Goddess herself, so Palutena was captured and all of her angels were turned to stone. Well, all but one. Palutena was saved by young Pit, a flightless angel and a brave soul. Pit seemingly killed Medusa once and for all, saving Palutena and restoring peace to the world. However, Palutena knew Medusa was not dead, merely asleep. Palutena crowned Pit the new captain of her army, and raised the Centurions to serve as the muscle for when Medusa inevitably returned. Palutena listened to Pit's suggestions, even bringing the Hero-King and his servants to Skyworld to serve as part of the Vanguard on his suggestion. However, she did have some problems with cooking once...
Pit was a strange one when it came to angels. Specifically, he was naive, emotional, sarcastic and his wings didn't work. Easily forgettable in the face of so much angelic talent. So forgettable, in fact, that Medusa forgot to turn Pit to stone! Being the last angel, Pit was able to take one of Palutena's holy weapons - Palutena's Bow - and use it to platform his way through the Underworld and Skyworld to slay the three major Underworld commanders - Twinbellows, Hewdraw and Pandora. For every commander he slayed, Pit got access to one of the Three Sacred Treasures. With the Treasures at his side, Pit was able to defeat Medusa and save Palutena. Ever since, Pit has been training with the Centurions as the last remaining angel. He has a great interest in the mortal world, and was the one that suggested that Palutena call on the spirits of Marth, Roy and Ike to help the Centurions train.

Oh and @Rohan Kishibe, Lucario is just a Lucario that lives on Mt. Silver. No real backstory needed.

AND WE'RE DONE! We need a few more characters to be taken before we start, specifically the Mario Bros. and kingdom rulers.

Hey. Thanks for fixing that stuff for me AND giving me Kirby’s backstory. You said that, uh, Bomberman was gonna have his story written once all the Future Characters registered?

I love how the two characters I control are basically aliens (Kirby is self explanatory and Bomberman comes from a planet in a far away galaxy called Planet Bomber or something, according to the lore)
and then Villager is just a normal person.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
By the way, @Eeveechu151. Just for future reference, did Kid Icarus: Uprising happen or it didn't because of the worlds merging? I assume it did beacuse of Dark Pit's presence, but that could be some timeline shenanigan or something.

I guess I'll fill in Mario as well, as he seems to be one of the only things we need to get the ball rolling. And by Mario, I mean his 90s cartoon brooklyn accent Mario. Nah, just kidding, but it'll probably be a mix of many incarnations of him. and yes, that includes hotel mario's version

I do like all the little lore stuff you made up. You definitely put some effort into it, and pretty much sold me on Ganondorf = Grima too. Though I'm imagining the moment Robin leaves Ylisse he's gonna go crazy with all the tech they've been missing out on in Ylisse...

Why not a mix between M&L Mario's brave yet caring attitude, a small bit of Hotel Mario's goofy personality, and Super Mario Adventures' careful personality?

Idk, I think those just fit.

1) Manu, Uprising actually hasn’t happened yet. We’ll be using it as inspiration for the Skyworld part of the story.
2) Awesome, Burble! But for reference we need the royals as well, namely Peach, Zelda and Dedede. And yeah, Robin’s gonna go nuts.
3) Actually GT, I was picturing a personality like what Mario has in Mario Warfare. I’ll get the backstories for the whole Mario crew except Peach when I can access a computer.

Alright, let's get Burble and Rohan's Mario character info.

With a mother dead in childbirth and a father dead from lung cancer in childhood, the Mario Brothers have had a rough life. Mario, the older of the two, kept things under control as his father wished. The Brothers went to school and studied the best they could, while Mario worked part-time jobs in order to fill the bills. Mario decided not to go to university, as the Bros. couldn't spare the money and Mario already had what he needed to inherit the family business. Mario restarted Mario Bros. Plumbing, and enjoyed the job - he was also good at it. Luigi soon joined Mario in the craft, and together the Brothers became the best plumbers in the Mushroom Kingdom. Eventually, the pair was hired to work at Mushroom Castle... unfortunately, their job was on the same day Bowser's forces invaded and kidnapped the princess. Many other Mushroom Kingdom citizens were kidnapped, including Luigi. With Luigi as his primary concern, wanting to protect his brother above all else, Mario snuck aboard an airship, broke into the Hammer Bros.' Castle and defeated the Bros. Luigi was saved, and the two realized they were behind the front lines of the war. They were in enemy territory. They were in the perfect position to save the Princess. The Bros. had a plan, and traveled Bowser's kingdom to defeat Bowser's generals. They took down Boom Boom and Pom Pom, rescuing Captain Toad, and defeated the wizard Kamek, saving Yoshi. Within Kamek's Tower, Mario found the legendary Fire Flower - a relic that, if one of its petals was consumed, would give incredible power. Mario ate one of the petals, gaining the ability to create and manipulate fire - principally in the form of fire balls. With these new powers, Mario and his friends invaded Bowser's Castle. Mario himself made a bee-line for Bowser, who had also consumed some of the Fire Flower petals. Mario discovered in the battle the Flower had also given him incredible jumping power, which he used in combination with his trusty hammer and new fire powers to take down Bowser and rescue the Princess. Mario then was known as Super Mario, and became a close friend to Peach. Since then, Mario has resumed his plumbing business but is always on call by the Princess to help fight. Mario was one of the first members of the Brotherhood, as Meta Knight called him for a "plumbing" job. The job was actually a conference to discuss recruiting Mario. The plumber agreed quickly, knowing that the Eggman Empire could be just as bad or even worse than the Koopa Kingdom.
With his parents both dead, Luigi didn't really have any sort of parental figure. He didn't even know his mother, and he was very young when his father passed away. Luigi always saw Mario as someone to look up to, as a cause of that. Mario was the big, strong older brother that could handle anything to Luigi. Luigi tried his best in school in order to hopefully be as good as Mario. When he joined the plumbing business, Luigi did it mostly to try and get enough money to further the family in life, getting them out of the slums. However, the fact that it was the Mario Bros. business wasn't something Luigi was completely OK with. Luigi's childhood of seeing Mario as this unshakable paragon and his own doubts led Luigi to grow an inferiority complex. During the business, however, he got a girlfriend - Daisy, an ordinary girl who liked Luigi for who he was. Luigi went with Mario to the Mushroom Castle job, and ended up getting knocked out and kidnapped by Bowser's goons. Luigi was held captive by the Hammer Bros. and was going to serve as an example until Mario saved him. Luigi then accompanied Mario on his quest across Bowser's Kingdom, saving Captain Toad and Yoshi as well as being the one responsible for stopping Kamek. He ate one of Kamek's Super Mushrooms, greatly increasing his physical dexterity and jumping power. Luigi took down Bowser Jr. while Mario handled Bowser, and after the fight decided he was going to enlist in the Mushroom Kingdom army. Luigi now fights on the battlefield, but accepted Meta Knight's offer to be a stand-by member of the Brotherhood. And yes, he's still in a relationship with Daisy, even if it is long-distance. He still feels inferior to Mario, however, since he has yet to do something as big as saving the Princess.
The Yoshisaurus Rex is a majestic creature, who all live on Yoshi's Island. Yoshi's Island is filled with a large variety of Yoshis, all led by Chief Yoshi. The main Yoshi we currently know is the son of the Chief, and the future island chief himself. Yoshi was a victim of the Koopa Kingdom's brutal takeover of Yoshi's Island, and was taken prisoner to ensure that the Chief didn't try to resist. Yoshi was held captive by Kamek until Kamek was defeated by the Mario Bros., and Yoshi joined them as thanks. Yoshi is the best fighter of his people, and it shows from him being able to take down several of the Koopalings on his own. Yoshi returned to Yoshi's Island after Bowser was defeated, training his people to be prepared in case of another attack. Once he was satisfied with his people's readiness to defend, Yoshi accepted Meta Knight's offer to join the Brotherhood full-time and became one of its principle members.

So before we start, we need someone to take Princess Peach, Princess Zelda and King Dedede in order to have the nations' leaders prepared to RP when they're needed.

For the sake of Rohan...
Princess Zelda Hyrule, daughter to King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule, knew all her life that one day she was to rule the kingdom. Despite that, she didn't like the life of a princess. Much like Prince Chrom over in Ylisse, Zelda tended to escape the castle and go out on her own private adventures, knowing that Impa would find her eventually and drag her back to her studies. These wild country adventures led her into a meeting with a young boy named Link, and the two became fast friends. They met at a specific tree for several weeks before Impa first found them, and revealed to Link Zelda's status as a princess. Despite this, Zelda wished to continue a normal friendship with Link. One day, however, King Rhoam forbade Zelda from leaving the Castle Town due to a neglect of her studies. Zelda was crushed, and sent Impa to inform Link of the turn of events. Due to Link being Zelda's only real friend aside from Impa, Zelda was saddened extremely by being unable to see him again. Five years later, this would change in a good way - Link joining the Hyrulean Knights as a new recruit! Zelda witnessed the entrance exam, and waited until he - hopefully - would be assigned to the Royal Guard. Before that could happen, Ganondorf attacked the castle. Zelda was attacked by a Stalfos but saved by Link, and the duo ran down to check on the king. When they got there, Ganondorf had just stabbed King Rhoam. Zelda ran to her father and took in his last words as Ganondorf and Link fought. When Zelda was crowned, she knighted Link and appointed him her royal guard. Link rose to the rank of captain over the next two years, and the pair rekindled their old friendship.

Actually Taku, maybe I might be able to refrain you from taking him? If you do, it’ll be only GT unaware of a part of the future plot and I’d like to keep it a surprise for at least two of you.

And X and Zero, possibly in an alternate future to Lucina’s. But since Mega Man’s still around and Wily’s dead, X and Zero don’t have a reason to be around.

Peach and Dedede don't actually have much in backstory that you can't get from the others, thinking about it... Peach essentially was just raised to be a princess, got kidnapped by Bowser and saved by Mario. She's been learning quite a bit of self-defense recently, though. Dedede is the latest in a long line of Mobian kings of Dreamland, and has his Waddle Dee army by his side. He never knew his mom, and got rid of his pop after he took the throne. So that's about all we need for them. I'm just waiting for someone to take Adeleine in the Kirby: Beyond The Stars RP so I can post that and write up the opening posts for both this RP and the Dragon Ball RP.