• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

Alice raised an eyebrow. "Ok then, you seem... enthusiastic." Alice was unsure how to respond to his overall joyful tone. He seemed to enjoy his cosplay way too much. "So who are you?" Alice asked. He seemed to be dressed as a superhero, maybe it was a popular show or movie on the mainland that she didn't know about. Either way, he seemed to like cosplaying way too much.

Finion smiled in response too Karpman’s plans, glad that masked superhero could be coming to Sinnoh. “If you do ever head over there find me, like I said a berry farm near Twinleaf town” He grew a little bit quiet as someone drew closer and questioned Karpman. Seeing as he hadn’t been addressed Finion stayed quiet, instead listening to the conversation between Alice and Shiori.

A gleam shined in the Magikarp's eye when Alice asked Karpman who he was.
"Who am I?" Karpman asked quietly. He quickly jumped back before asking again. "Who am I?!"
Suddenly, Karpman struck a pose.
"I am a hero who fights for the weak!" Quickly, Karpman switched to another pose.
"I am the lover of justice and of truth!" Another pose.
"I am the fighter for the side of good!" A third pose.
"I am... Karpman!!!!" Karpman exclaimed, striking a final pose and pointing at the sky. Behind his back, he unclipped a Pokeball and released the Pokemon inside. His Gyarados, Hyper Tsunamu, let out a roar as it emerged, going up at the same time Karpman pointed upward, then coiling up behind his trainer.

Sure, it was the same thing that Karpman had used last time he introduced himself. But what could he say? He had a flare for the dramatic. People nearby looked over curiously at the sound of the Gyarados' roar, but most of them just shrugged and went back to whatever they were doing. The owners of the stands had jumped back in surprise, but most of them just shook their heads and went back to manning their food karts.

"What? Okay, nice Gyarados." "This guy is super weird," Alice thought. He must love cosplaying.
Lulu couldn't contain her excitement anymore and burst out of her pokeball to be met with a Gyarados roar. Lulu laughed as she flew around on her tail.
"Lulu, what did I tell you? What if Riley saw you, or even worse that boy with the Hydragon!" Alice scolded her playful Raichu.

"What? Okay, nice Gyarados." The girl said. Karpman could feel his soul shatter. His super cool poses and introduction had barely gotten a reaction. Even at the sudden appearance of Tsunamu, neither the girl nor her Raichu had even flinched! The Raichu had even laughed at Tsunamu's roar. And Tsunamu was supposed to Intimidate people... They were gonna have to work on that...

"Uh... ah... thanks..." Karpman said, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. Well, nevermind that. Karpman wasn't about to let something like that let him down. Tsunamu looked down at the Alolan Raichu as it flew around his tail, curious. Karpman and Tsunamu had never seen a Raichu like that before. Getting his energy back, Karpman dramatically pointed at Alice.
"Now, tell me! Wha-"
"Hey, could you put away your Gyarados? It's blocking my food cart." The hot dog guy said. Karpman sighed and returned Tsunamu to his Pokeball, then turned to Alice again.
"Now tell me! What is your name?!" Karpman said in a dramatic voice. Then, in a more normal voice, the masked trainer asked, "And also, what's with your Raichu? I'm from Kanto and I've never seen one like it..."

A smile returned to Finion’s face as Karpman performed his signature introduction again. It wasn’t different but it was just as elaborate and brilliant as before. He was glad to if met Shiori.
When Alice’s Raichu popped out of its Pokeball Sparky jumper off Finion’s shoulder in shock, dropping onto the floor behind his trainer all fluffed up. The electric squirrel immediately ran in front of his trainer to angrily look up at the Raichu flying around, blue sparks popping out of his cheek pouches. “Sparky hey whoa calm down” Finion bent down to pick up Sparky, holding him in a casual hug against his chest and smiling apologetically to Alice. Sparky was still not happy, looking like an angry toddler in Finion’s arms.
He kept listening to the conversation between the two, Finion also being curious as to why it was different and quite frankly amazing.

(I have something for my spelling and it wants me to say Allen, not Alolan just think of that in plural)
"I am Alice of Iki Town, and Lulu is an Alolan Raichu. You won't find any of them in Kanto, it's an Alolan specialty. Of course, due to the different environment, Raichus gain a love of surfing and do it all the time. If you brought a Pikachu to Alola and evolve it there, you can get one yourself. Of course, there are no gyms in Alola. That's what makes us Alolans special." Alice answered pridefully. She loved her island home and wished it was a more popular place for trainers, even if it didn't have gyms.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
The Hail storm came and it immediately caused the Froslass to blend in with the snow as Becca frowned. This would be an annoying thing to deal with, but Ariel might have just the move to try and wither the storm as it were as Becca had been quick to act.

"Ariel, use Twister!" Becca called out, and the Milotic soon began to spin round and round with its long boy as a current comparable to the gust of a dragon's wings began to produce a twister around her. One that Becca aimed to try and have suck up the snow and hail and try to disperse it higher into the air as she had to deal with this cover because she could try to attack the Froslass directly.

Finion noted the pride in Alice’s voice as she spoke of her home region. It was the same sort of pride that Shiori and even himself had used when talking about their home region or elements of it. She seemed to love where she came from. This thought of what they all had in common finally encouraged Finion to speak.
“No gyms?” He was curious, did they have a replacement of sorts, a different system maybe. Sparky his Pachirisu was more focused on trying to get towards the alolan Raichu.

"No, the island challenge is all we need. We fight against the Totem pokemon, a huge version of a pokemon boosted by the Z-Crystals that are nearby. We as the challenger must complete the trial captan's puzzle. They never battle us though." Alice said, trying not to give too much away. "That's why I was unfazed by the Gyrados, I and Lulu have seen something much more terrifying, a school of Wishiwashi."

Karpman was quite surprised when he heard that Alola had no Gyms. But then again, these "island challenges" sounded similar enough. The masked trainer hadn't heard of a Wishiwashi either, but it must be pretty scary for people to not be unnerved by Tsunamu. Then again, Tsunamu hadn't used his Intimidate ability.
"Well, do they have a Pokemon League in Alola? Like, an Elite Four and Champion?" Karpman asked curiously.

Meanwhile, back outside the Pokemon Center Raza had enough of just sitting around. Still disguised as a human, she decided to head back towards the Stadium to see if Karpman and Finion were still there.

"Reversal Mountain...isn't that a volcano? I know where that is, and that haunted house is not too scary with a Dark Type." Toby chuckled. "You have an aggressive Dragon too? I think we'll get along just fine. I must say, your Pokémon are not too bad. I see no obvious weaknesses, except for Ice and that is one of the rarer types. I think you just might get past the first round, if you play your cards right."

"With the speed of lightning, the force of fire and the serenity of water, show yourselves!" Toby spun around on his toes and six Poké Balls launched from his belt. Flashes of light appeared at the location of the balls and a deafening roar was heard. A Hydreigon charged right at Clara, but it got stopped by a Claydol with golden eyes. "At ease Scylla, no fights." Toby's voice was frigid, as if a blizzard froze his vocal chords. The Hydreigon calmed down, although she was still glaring daggers at Clara. "This is Scylla, and like Clara she is incredibly aggressive. If it wasn't for Millennium, I would be constantly busy to keep her from attacking every living thing she sees." The Claydol spun around as its name got revealed, keeping an eye on everything around it. "Now, where is Spectre?" As if on cue, a Gengar with a yellow eye jumped out of the ground, landing on its hand to preform a handstand. "This is Spectre, as you can see he's a joker. Same goes for Marionette, and they love to pull pranks together. Now if I am not mistaken, there should be invisible walls around."

Toby slowly walked forward with his arms stretched out, touching an invisible wall. "There we go, she always sets these things up. Marionette, remove your walls." A Mr. Mime was giggling next to Spectre, but she removed the wall. "That leaves just Cecelia and Powerwash, those two are never not together." And there they were, a Blue Florges and a Rotom-Wash were near the wall, seemingly not interested in the chaos that was Spectre and Marionette.

"That's my team, what do you say?" The Johtonian boy was obviously proud of his team, but before Otis could respond he dashed away. "SCYLLA! STAND DOWN!" Scylla was charging at Powerwash, charging up a move but stopping in her tracks. "That's it. Return at once." With those words, the Brutal Pokémon got recalled into her Poké Ball.

Last edited:
Totem Pokemon, Z-Crystals and captains. They were all words which Finion didn’t understand that much but Alice spoke of them with certainty. It sounded rather interesting. He was liking the sound of this Alloa region, he definitely remembered wanting to go there a while ago.

Finion had the same question as Shiori, listening closely to Alice’s answer. Sparky was still squirming in Finion’s arms.

"A League? Well, not yet. One is being built by the amazing Professor Kukui right now. It is nearing completion however we need the elite four members chosen and a champion. It shouldn't take long. I heard that Kukui has a protege from Kanto that took the island challenge instead of doing gyms." Alice said truthfully.
Lulu looked at Alice. She knew how much her trainer hated when people look down on their home region.

Cooper enters the stadium after a long rest. “I really needed that after that long trip.” He says as he is stretching. He looks around for something to do. He finds something interesting and walks over to it. But he trips on something and falls onto someone. He gets back up and apologizes, not knowing the person. “I’m so sorry, I accidentally tripped on something, I honestly didn’t mean it!”

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After long training Michael finally put back his Pokemon in their Pokeballs. He wanted to rest for a bit, but he wanted to take a look at stadium first. He wanted to know battle ground before he starts his first battle. After a short walk, he got on stadium. He wasn't shocked too much cause he battled on Battle Frontier, and stadiums there look also amazing. He saw one dude falling on another and that made Michael smile.

"Now then I wonder what I can do to prepaaaaaaaaaar!" Nathan asked himself, as he had seen a trainer in the distance who seemed to be going for a walk as he had the same idea he had it would appear. Though he never had the chance as someone else bumped into him which knocked Nathan on his back as he turned with a scowl before he heard a quick apology.

Nathan showed some self restraint, as his scowl softened, though he had to take a moment to dust the dirt off his clothes which had been annoying.

"It's fine....though I think it'd be helpful to watch where you are going. Never know what you might bump into, or who in this case." Nathan said as he stood up to face the individual who bumped into him.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Two days later...

Aoisuko was up earlier than usual, “Okay, Airai and Silver! Let’s get some training in on the roof here before the tournament starts!” she said as she tossed to Pokéballs into the air, a slightly reddish Breloom and a Skarmory with blue feathers came out.

“Bre...” Airai mumbled.

“Skaaaaarrrrrrr!” Silver cried out enthusiastically.

Aoisuko smiled, “Now, let’s hurry to the ro- waiit...” she trailed off, ‘we might not have enough time to train before it starts, shoot,’ she thought to herself as she shook her head.

“Loom...” Airai sighed.

“I told you not to use Mind Reader like that Airai...” Aoisuko sighed, “Anyways, we’ve got to get to the arena now!” she continued, before she recalled the Breloom and Skarmory and ran out of her hotel room and down to the tournament arena.

Aoisuko entered into the side of the arena and sat down as the announcer started to speak, “Welcome one and all to the first annual Solaurea City World Tournament!” the announcer began, Aoisuko smiled and sighed. “The first match will commence shortly once most participants have arrived, but without further ado, these are the matches in the first round!” he motioned to a screen on the side of the stadium, though the side rooms, one of them being where Aoisuko was, had their own, smaller screens where the matches where displayed.

“Final match of the first round, of course,” Aoisuko sighed and sent out Spark.

“Kyuchukyu?” the Mimikyu yawned.

“Wood Hammer,” Aoisuko said somewhat bluntly, Spark quickly responded, as his tail stick grew in size and glowed a deep green before he smacked it on the ground, the glow moved onto Spark’s costume as he took some damage from the attack. “Yup,” Aoisuko handed Spark a white bean with some light blue marks on, but the Mimikyu had fallen asleep.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Riley's phone began to ring. "Ugh, are you kidding me?! It's already time?!" She said frustrated. She got up and went in the bathroom to take a shower. 10 minutes later, she got out and began looking through her closet, which was pretty much filled with jackets. "If I want to make a good impression, I can't go there in my normal clothes... There needs to be here something special..." She took out a bright red and a deep blue blazer, a skirt with the same colors, some black shoes and put them on. She did her hair into twin tails,which almost touched the ground, put a star hairpin in her hair and looked in the mirror. "I've got this. Time to show that douchebag that I'm not afraid." She took in a deep breath and exited her apartment.
In about ten minutes she got to the stadium. She slowly entered it, looking at all the other trainers. She didn't pay much attention to who was there though and entered one of the side rooms. She looked at the screen, searching her face. When she noticed herself, she realized that she was going to fight in the first match. "Dammit... Why am I the first one?! Oh well..."She leaned on a wall, waiting for everyone else to come.

Wolf excitedly rushed to the stadium, the day of the tournament finally having arrived. "Mh, 'scuse me. 'Scuse me." he puffed as he managed himself through the already seated crowd. When he eventually found an empty seat, he sat down and focussed on the announcer.

Yeah, yeah. Go on already. Show me who I'm battling.

When the announcer revealed the brackets, Wolf quickly scanned the board to find his name, as well as who he'd be facing in the first round. "Shiori Fujimoto. Huh." Wolf whispered to himself when he found his opponent. "Haven't seen him around."

When the person who was seated next to Wolf stood up to leave, he let out Katana to spectate the tournament. If he couldn't compete, he should at least be able to feast his eyes on some intense battles. "The first battle is about to begin already! I can't wait." Wolf gushed, sliding to the edge of his seat.

"Our first battle will be Riley Hex against Michael Port. Let the first annual Solaurea City Tournament BEGIN!"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
AFTER TWO DAYS

Michael was late to get to stadium, which is not usual for him, cause he was having speech with his Pokémon. He was confident, but he wanted to prepare for losing. When brackets were finally shown, he saw that he is battling first. And his opponent was a girl named Riley Hex. Michael started looking over people, to see who his opponent is,but there were too many people there.
'It will be a surprise then' Michael thought and smiled.

"Shoot, I woke up late! Rocky! Why didn't you wake me up!" Alice yelled in frustration. How was she supposed to watch and learn the battle strategies of each of her opponents without watching? She quickly got dressed and recalled Rocky. Then she ran towards the stadium, finding the battles haven't started yet. She took a seat and started to watch intensely.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki, of course, woke up earlier than anybody else to go to the stadium. In about three hours, it was jam packed. Almost instantly, a rush of thoughts came into his head. Oh no, Nobody likes me here, I can't compare to them. I'll be creamed in my first match, making trainers feel good about themselves. Loki looked next to him. A girl to the right was looking very intense about this. "Uh... hi there...", Loki said, trying to have a conversation with Alice.

Alice glanced over to the voice. "Your one of the competitors, right. I'm Alice and that battle arena is where my pokemon will shine. Don't even ask to see them, you'll see them on the field. Sorry, right now I need to concentrate. They're about to battle and I need to see what they are doing so then I can counter their strategy" She knew she came off cold and distant. She knew she came off as a trainer that doesn't care about anyone. But she didn't care, at the moment. Maybe later, but right now she needed to hide her true emotion, fear.

Tournament day

The two days in Solaurea city had went by in a flash for Finion. He'd spent most the time training in secret, finding secluded spots in the park where no one would see him or his Pokemon. Everyone knew he had a Pachirisu, Sparky was a little show off trying to pick fights with any Pokemon he didn't like the look of but luckily all his other Pokemon had remained a secret. Finion had talked to Shiori a couple more times and even met up with Alice once or twice but asides from those two he hadn't really spoken to anyone else. He'd kept to himself, thinking and planning his strategies ... all night.

He had not went to bed early. 4 am was when Finion had passed out, his body and brain completely exhausted. It was probably no surprise that he did not wake up on time. His alarm clocked blared in the background, filling the room with a sharp noise that Finion completely ignored. The trainer was a heavy sleeper ... his Pokemon was not. Sparky awoke immediately, uncurling and jumping onto his feet with an excited smile on his fluffy face. The electric type ran over to Finion to find him fast asleep. "Pachi" Sparky rolled his eyes in annoyance, turning around to wipe a fuzzy tail in his trainers face. Finion groaned a little and quickly buried his face in the pillow. The Pachirisu was not impressed and since he didn't want to waste anytime he decided to use extreme force. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe you used thunderbolt on my butt!" Finion was annoyed and angry at his Pachirisu. He was glad that Sparky had woke him up but electrocuting him! Every furious step he took ached and hurt. "You're lucky that i had to register you in the tournament otherwise you wouldn't be heading onto the field today!" Sparky let out a little huff, running in front of Finion and leading him towards the stadium. "Y'know I have a headache now! This better go by the time we're up!"

They arrived rather late and when Finion got there he stopped talking to Sparky, gesturing for the Pachirisu to come up onto his shoulder. The electric squirrel complied and the two of them made their way over towards the seating area. Finion was just in time to catch a glance of who he was up against, his eyes narrowing a little. "Loki..." The name lingered on his tongue for a moment, Finion staring at the screen for a little while longer before looking around and attempting to find the trainer. Everything was white noise at the moment, the world around him was a blur. He was either focusing too hard or Sparky's wake up shock had done a lot more damage than was good for him.

Finion spotted Loki, two rows behind him and a couple of seats away. The other trainer was small, just a little bit smaller than Finion himself and he seemed young. Loki was talking to someone else, socializing clearly. He couldn't get much from Loki's appearance and he wasn't really sure whether he wanted too talk to his opponent before the match. So far he was managing to keep composure but he knew that could break at any moment. He stopped looking at Loki and the world began to fade into existence around him. A roaring stadium packed to the brim and the first round just about to begin. Realization struck and he quietly muttered to himself. "Oh Arceus I'm the second round" His composure was beginning to break. The seat next to him was empty.

Last edited:
Alice heard Finion's voice and let out a sigh. The battle hasn't truly started yet because one trainer wasn't here. She turned to Loki. "Don't let anyone take my spot unless I'm gone for more than five minutes." Hopefully, he would do what she asked, but he might not. She went to look for the trainer she considers a friend and found him two rows in front of her. She went over to him. "Hey, scared about a match huh? Don't worry it happens to the best of us. Just remember, your pokemon will do their best for you, even against a legendary. If you lose, it just tells you, well you just need to train harder for next time." She smiled. "I can't tell you how many times I lost in tournaments. You just learn not to fear them."

Alice's voice had surprised Finion, causing him to jump a little bit in his seat as he turned and looked up to her. "Alice" His worried look changed into a gentle smile as he looked to the other trainer, listening to her advice and letting out a little laugh. "I know, I know" His response was friendly and nice. "Goal is to have fun, not about winning" He paused for a moment. "It's not loosing or battling that's scaring me I ... I suppose it's the scale. I've been in a lot of tournaments too but this is a world tournament I'm a bit ... shook I-I suppose" Finion's mouth was running a little bit but the conversation was helping to calm him down.

"Also some little furball had to jolt me awake" He shot Sparky a glare, it lasting for a second before it turned into a smile. Finion gave the Pachirisu a little chin scratch to show there wasn't any hard feelings. It was then that something seemed to click in Finion's head. "Wait wait ... a legendary?" He looked to Alice with a perked brow.

"Not saying there is one, just saying your pokemon would fight one for you if you treat them right. Just an example, trust me no legendary on me. Don't want one anyways, too, what's the right word, showy. That's what someone who just wants power would catch. Now me I prefer the pokemon I completed the island challenge with. Nothing too special, other than some are a bit harder to find" Alice reviled. "Now I don't just show off my pokemon. Even you will have to wait until the fifth round." She teased.

When Alice explained what she meant he thought of his Pokemon for a moment. The relationships he had with them. They varied. He was closer to some than others. Some were more motherly, some were more childish whilst others were like brothers and sisters to him. Funnily enough the one he had the worst relationship with he could actually see taking on a legendary. Garfield was a force to be trifled with. All of his Pokemon though were close to him and loved him. They were like one big family and Finion would have it no other way.

"Fifth round? Lucky" Finion chuckled to himself, a little bit jealous of Alice's position. "I'm round two, battling that person over there" He took a quick glance to Loki and noticed the person he was talking too was no longer there. It took him but a second to realize. "Was you talking to him?" Finion wasn't offended at all, more so intrigued.

"More like he talked to me. I'm not big on conversations with new people before the tournament. I like to observe the battles to understand my opponents' strategies, pokemon, and attack style. I might have to battle you, or even Karpman. Be warned, I won't go easy on either of you. In fact, I just might go even harder. It's not out of disliking, the opposite actually." Alice smiled. She never really befriended anyone at a tournament before. "Just between you and me, he didn't seem very confident, the last thing you want to be in a tournament like this."

At the friendly threat Finion nodded. "I shall not go easy on you either for that matter" At the mention of the masked hero Finion wondered where Karpman was. It should've been impossible to miss someone with a magikarp mask on but Finion could not spot him anywhere.
"... I won't underestimate him" Finion himself wasn't exactly the ideal image of confident, the match could go either way from what he knew so far. "Hey if I don't win my match we should like ... battle some time" His question was asked in a rather awkward tone. It seemed like half way through Finion actually realized what he was asking and was wondering why he was asking it in the first place, which is exactly what had happened.

Alice looked at her friend. "Sure, once I battle all my pokemon would be reviled. What would be the point of not taking on any challengers? It would be rude of me to say no. Who knows, maybe you would want to visit the Alola Region afterward. Nice place to visit." Alice admitted. The question wasn't really a surprise to her. It was almost an unspoken rule. Besides, her pokemon would love a battle outside an arena full of people.

His confidence was once again gained when Alice answered, Finion smiling and then perking up a little when she mentioned the Alola region. "You know I did some research on the place and whilst I'm sure words on a website don't give the place enough justice it really got me interested" Not only did the Island challenges get him interested but the region itself did. He wanted to explore it quite badly and meet all the Pokemon he could there. "I'm pretty sure I'll head on over there one day"

"Amazing! Be sure to visit Iki Town. That's where I live. There you can meet the Kahuna of Melemele Island. And maybe hear Tabu Koko. Don't forget about seeing an Exeggator, they thrive in Alola's sunlight. Oh, boy so much to say about my home region. And although Sinnoh is much colder than Alola, I might go there, once I feel like I can truly leave Alola for more than a week or two. Seems like a nice place." Alice admitted. Her home meant a lot to her, but she also wanted to see other the region's beauty with her own eyes before she called her home the prettiest region out there.

"Don't be deterred by the mountains, there's a few warm spots in Sinnoh that you'd like" Finion liked where he lived. He loved his home that was for sure but he loved travelling a lot. The decision of his favorite region would be made when he had visited them all, his home region having no advantage whatsoever. "Twinleaf town is where you'll find me, a berry farm close by it" That was two people he had given his home too now. He did trust them however so he supposed it was fine.

"Nice! I don't mind the cold too much, just not a lot at one time. You have to go up a snowy mountain to reach the league. I saw it under construction when I was trying to get a Glaceon and catch an Absol. I didn't bring them with me, but when I do use them, they are amazing! Shadow and Crystal, two great pokemon that I can count on if the others need a break. But, I'll be sure to pack a winter jacket. And maybe a light coat, just in case. Not really used to 'cold' places, even if some are warm." Alice replied. "I noticed, most trainers think their region is the best. I like to think mine is the best, especially with the flowers in Melemele meadow, but all still want to see other regions to understand why others think that way about their region"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(((OOC: Sorry I haven’t replied in awhile! Life got in the way and I got pretty busy...)))

“Yeah, a Dark type would make it a lot less scary. And Ice is a pretty big weakness in most of my Pokémon, but luckily I was able to teach Mary Fire Punch, which may help us in the long run.” She then looked over to Toby, watching curiously as he sent out all his Pokémon. Otis watched in awe as each of his Pokémon showed a bit of their personality, which made her eyes light up. Then, Toby’s Hydreigon charged at Clara, who got in a stance while growling. Luckily, Toby was able to stop a fight from breaking out between the two dragons. Otis’ Flygon gave Toby’s Hydreigon the same death glare. “Whoa! All your Pokémon are amazing! Even your most aggressive Pokémon is super cool!” Then Scylla tried to attack another Pokémon from Toby’s team, but the dragon was returned back into her Pokeball. “Wow, now that is a whole new level of aggressive.” She then lifted her head up to the sky, and she realized something. “Wait... it’s time for my Pokemon’s training! Oh dear, I had forgotten all about it. I’m participating in a huge tournament so that’s why I’m going to train my Pokémon a lot.” Otis turned to bring all her Pokémon back into their Pokeballs. She looked back at Toby, “I’m guessing that you are participating as well. So, see you at the tournament, bye!” And Otis dashed off back to her hotel.

TWO DAYS LATER

She barged into the stadium loudly, Otis was panting heavily. “I’m... finally... here...” She slumped into a nearby chair, allowing herself to rest. She had trained her Pokémon for two days, and gave them lots of well deserved rest. Otis really wanted to send out all her Pokémon and burst into battle, but it wasn’t her turn so she instead waited while watching the first round begin.