• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

Alice stood there, shocked. Even among other trainers, she was shunned. Alice turned away and re-entered the center. "Stupid, worthless, feeble," She whispered, "Agg, Why do I keep trying?!" Alice was seeping with anger, but there was more to this emotion. "Why do I keep trying?" She asked herself one more time. "Who need people when you have pokemon?" she asked her lie once more.
Rocky sat by his trainer

Finion listened to Shiori, noticing the foot he was tapping and his overall nervous demeanor. It reminded him of himself, it made him glad he had come back to listen and attempt to help. He moved to sit down next to Shiori but before he could Raza had grabbed him by the shoulder, causing Finion to pause a in surprise. When the Zoroark in disguise shoved her trainer’s head into the water Finion first reaction was to immediately run over and help but Raza's gesture made him and Sparky stop running as quickly as they had started.

He kind of just awkwardly stood there, watching the whole ordeal with a little worry on his face. Thankfully though it didn't last long and he felt a wave of relief wash over him when Shiori's face was taken out of the water. Finion waited until Raza began to walk off until approaching the unmasked hero, admittedly a little bit scared of the strange and mysterious lady now. Slowly he took a seat next to Shiori and sighed a little.

"As someone who has participated in a lot of tournaments you ... pick up on a few things" Finion wasn't thinking about what to say for once, instead he was deciding to speak straight from the heart ... or at least try too. "Firstly they're unfair. It's a possibility that you could get put against that person, you could get put against me, you could get put against anyone and it sucks quite a bit" He smiled a little. "But it's not about winning y'know. It's about the experience which can certainly be amplified by doing well but it's not completely dependent on that. For a long time I always fought to win, very serious and honestly a little bit panicky. I lost the joy of battling through being so focused on winning" His smile dipped for a moment, remembering that time. "It was only once I found that joy again that me and my Pokemon did well"

"I suppose what I'm trying to say is it's not about winning, it's about the experience that you and your Pokemon have in the tournament. It hasn't even started and I've already had quite a great experience" Finion smiled to Shiori, greatly hinting that it was him that had made his experience enjoyable and nice already. "Don't worry about gym badges or winning or all that nonsense" He lifted a hand, holding Shiori's mask. "Just have fun, enjoy yourself and be you" He hoped that helped, he felt like he kind of babbled a little bit. "It's nice to see your face by the way"

Last edited:
“Ken.” Ken responded after the girl with the Flygon in front of him introduced herself. “Well, I better go now. I told the rest of my pokemon to meet me at the pokemon centre. See you.” He said before running off. Pet Shop followed his trainer while Iggy casted one more glance at Clara before leaving with his trainer.

In front of the pokemon centre, the rest of Ken’s team stood around until they saw their trainer show up and ran to him. “It’s alright guys, Iggy didn’t get into any trouble. Now that we’re all here, let’s head in.” He said before heading into the building. Once inside, Sheer Heart Attack noticed Alice who seemed really down. He hopped off Geb’s head and moved towards to the girl.

Feeling the female trainer scratch it’s head, the Shuckle let out a happy shout. Walking up towards his pokemon, Ken looked down at Sheer Heart Attack with a chuckle before getting down on one knee. “Heh, how are you doing Sheer Heart Attack?” He asked. The Shuckle responded with a joyful shout. Ken looked up at the girl petting his pokemon. “Hey. I’m Ken.” He introduced himself.

Alice nodded "And I'm Alice. You have an amazing Shuckle. He looks very healthy." Alice said a matter of factly. "Anyway, are you competing?" Alice asked. This trainer seemed nicer than the others that she has run into. Or maybe it was just her being a bit rude without realizing it. People say that a lot.
Rocky stood by his trainer. he could smell a midnight form nearby, or maybe it was this trainer. Either way, he wanted to battle it.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She waved a goodbye to Ken as he and his Pokémon walked away. Clara returned the Lycanroc’s glance with a growl, which Otis took notice of. She walked over and patted her Flygon’s head. “Clara, you should be saving that aggressiveness for the tournament. But, what do you think we should do now?” Clara did some sort of shrug while looking towards the stadium. Otis smiled, “It seems like you want to go back there, so c’mon!” She raced off towards the stadium with her Flygon flying above her.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
While Loki was talking, his Pokemon were live and about. Verde was communicating with other Grass - types, and snickering. Kimo was floating around the Pokemon Center, trying to talk to some trainers. Vesuvius was protecting Loki in case he was attacked, who was being rode by Permafrost. Valdivia was inside it's Heavy Ball, and Leviores was hiding behind Loki.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Funny, I was about to ask the same thing actually. My name is Rebecca though I prefer to go by Becca. Me, my partner Sabrina here and my team are eager to compete and win this thing." Becca said with a smile as her Delphox Sabrina moved by the Pokemon Loki had out as she gave them curious stares and a few sniffs to try and get a feel for them.

"Sabrina, don't be rude." Becca said as she wanted her partner to not be too nosy. First impressions were important, especially in the present of fellow peers & rivals for this tournament.

"Well, this place got crowded quickly." Nathan muttered to himself as a Shuckle trainer appeared at the Pokemon Center and began to converse with the trainer behind him. This caught his attention as he decided to speak with them in turn.

"Well, you guys seem lively. My name is Nathan by the way. I trust you two are tournament participants?" Nathan asked, though it had been just a guess to the trainers present as he figured it was worth a guess even if it had been for all intents and purposes a shot in the dark.

The first thought that crossed Toby's mind was 'Crowded'. Nothing more and nothing less. The young man was no stranger to crowds, after all the festivals in Ecruteak City drew tons of visitors each year. But Ecruteak was not as big as Solaurea City, and the tournament only increased the amount of people in the city. "This tournament better be worth my time, I am not wasting my precious time on something that children can compete in." He grabbed the letter from his pocket and read it, appearing to be annoyed by something. "Tch." The letter got crumpled up and put back in his trenchcoat.

The Poké Center door opened, showing Toby standing in the doorway. "Do any of you dweebs know where that tournament is? If you don't, then don't bother speaking up." Entering the building, he made a bee line for Nurse Joy and healed his Pokémon. "Thank you. Now are any of you going to answer before the day ends or not?" He turned around and glared at the other people inside, lingering on the Shuckle. Why in Arceus' name does that girl have a Shuckle of all things? There are way better Rock and Bug types out there, that thing won't last long in a battle even with its stupid defenses.

(and I thought Alice was cold)
Alice found that not one, but two trainers wanted to talk to her. But then there was that one trainer who was even colder than she was. "Hello Nathan, yes I'm competing." She redirected her attention to Toby. "Oh, I don't know, maybe the stadium. For someone who talks all high and mighty, you don't really seem to use your brain."
Rocky could smell the hostility radiating from the newest trainer. The other two were friendly, almost like they were here to make friends, but him, he was here to win. And if anyone got in his way, he would crush them. At least, that's what Rocky smelled. He growled at the trainer at the front desk.

"Says the girl who competes with a Shuckle. I've seen kids that have stronger Pokémon, are you really that confident in that tortoise bug? I'll be generous and give it one match to survive, if it even lasts that long. I hope your other Pokémon are not as pathetic as that one, because I came here for a tournament, not a walk in the park. I'll see you in the tournament, if you are capable of keeping up with the others." Toby sneered, glancing at Rocky. "And keep that mutt on a chain, I don't want any fleas from that."

Ken looked at the two trainers when they asked if he was competing. “Yeah, I’m also here to compete.” He replied. Looking up at the new arrival, Ken quickly determined what kind of a person he was. “One of those kind huh.” He thought before getting up. “Sheer Heart Attack is my pokemon. You should be so quick to judge a pokemon to be weak simply because they look weak you know.” He said. Listening on Tony talk down on it, Sheer Heart Attack had an angry frown on his face.

"I might make fun of other trainers, but I never make fun of their pokemon. I bet someone like you doesn't even care about their pokemon other than if they're strong or not. And Rocky here is just displaying his disliking of you. He would never attack without permission. And he's cleaned regularly." Alice said smugly.
Rocky growled even more viciously. How could someone say that in front of him? Oh, he really wanted to show this high and mighty trainer how powerful he really is. He wanted to bite this trainer until he was bleeding from him, but if he did he would betray his trainer's trust.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Aoisuko had decided to explore Solaurea a bit; she left the arena and headed due east whilst Umbrielle kept looking around herself and her trainer, “Umbrielle. Stop it now.” Aoisuko said sternly, she eventually reached a Pokémon Centre and went in to find three trainers there talking, “Hmpf, I’m participating the tournament if that’s what you’re all talking about. I just got here from the arena a while there due back west,” Umbrielle ran up to a midnight form Lycanroc and tried to shake their claw.

“Zoroarkarkzoro!” Umbrielle smiled. Aoisuko glared at her and the Pokémon that she was talking at.

“Lycanroc, midnight form, I see you must’ve been to Alola. Where I met Starlit and Spark,” Aoisuko briefly stated as she pulled out Umbrielle’s Pokéball and pressed the button.

Alice smiled. "Been to, more like lived there. I completed the Island Challange. Wasn't really that hard." Alice replied. How could they not tell where she came from? She thought it was pretty obvious.
Rocky stopped growling to inspect the new trainer. She didn't smell that bad, and she didn't seem hostile. He guessed she was all right, but you could never be too sure.

Toby scoffed. "Sheer Heart Attack? Is that because everyone will get one from seeing it? Out of all the Pokémon, you brought a Shuckle. Even thieves don't want that to weigh them down, it is not strong enough to take anything out. The only thing it can do is annoy people by surviving moves and poisoning them, and that won't save you from suffering defeat. You'll see if you face me, if you even make it that far. If I were you, I'd replace that terrible creature. There is no way that that thing can defeat my Pokémon, and to prove that I just have to show one of my Pokémon."

"Contrary to your accusation, I am not completely heartless. I just know better than to bring a Shuckle to a tournament. I don't have to be liked, especially not by your lapdog. I am here to win, and I'll give you a sneak peek of my Pokémon so you'll know what you're up against. You'll see that it is much more capable of fending for itself than that Shuckle." He grabbed a Poké Ball from his belt and opened it. "Let's see if your Sheer Heart Attack gets a heart attack itself, fill their hearts with terror Scylla!"

A ferocious roar was heard as a Hydreigon got released from the Poké Ball, three heads and three pairs of red eyes locking on to Rocky. "Not yet, you may beat them at the tournament." Toby stretched an arm in front of Scylla who was far from happy to be denied a battle. That dog disliked her owner, and she wanted to put that worthless mammal in its place.

~Rinko~

“Wha...? Sheesh that scared me for second, Hydreigon, a Unovan Pokémon, only caught a glimpse of one...” Aoisuko jumped back a little in shock, before she stepped forward and regained composure, “Two weaknesses that I can’t use to my advantage and two that I can... Rainbow and Airai will be able to defeat that with a bit of trouble in the tournament...” she mumbled under breath, “Wait, doesn’t Fairy beat it too? If so then Spark could help out a bit...”Aoisuko shook her head and sighed.

Shiori looked at Finion. To be honest, his problem went a bit deeper than that. But, the young trainer's encouragement and openness still managed to cheer up the costumed trainer, even if only a little bit. Shiori managed a small smile and took his mask back from Finion.
"Thanks, man." Shiori said. Getting to his feet, the trainer shook out his wet hair and looked around. Raza had walked off, so it seemed, but Shiori was sure that she could take care of herself.
"Well, enough of that. Do you know when this tournament is supposed to start?" Shiori asked Finion.

Raza walked with her hands in her pockets, growling softly to herself. She was in a pretty foul mood. Why couldn't her trainer just be a normal human? Still disguised as a human, the Zoroark kicked an empty can before sitting down outside the Pokemon Center.

Rocky smelled a pokemon outside. He didn't see one, but he could smell it. All he saw was a girl, a man in a Magikarp suit with his mask removed and a boy talking to the Magikarp person. A weird group, that's to be sure. Maybe one of them was a Ditto, a Zoura, or a Zourak. Maybe even a Mew! Rocky sniffed again. No, not a Mew. It didn't have that "legend" smell. One of those three people had to be one of those three pokemon.

He knew he hadn’t solved Shiori’s problems but he hoped he had helped, just a little. “It’s fine, just keep your head above the water y’know-Um. I- that-that wasn’t intentional, sorry” Probably not the best comment to make to someone who’d almost been drowned. Sparky didn’t share his trainer’s concern and apologetic nature. Instead the squirrel Pokemon started laughing at Finion’s mistake. “Sparky! That’s rude!”

Finion’s attention returned to Shiori when he asked the question. A small frown came across his face as he was unsure of the answer. “I believe ... soon, we should probably head over to the stadium- stop laughing” He turned his head to look at Sparky, saying the last part to the Electric type who managed to stifle his amusement.

Alice had a smug grin or her face. Although she didn't like this trainer, she did like his style. Like her, the only option for him was to win. Alice turned her head to the newcomer. It was her. Why was she here? That trainer clearly didn't like her. Anger pulsed through her body. She wouldn't be so negative towards her right now, she was gaining the trust of some other trainers. But after this whole ordeal was over she would show Riley her displeasure.

Ken chuckled a bit when he heard Tony’s comment. “You’ll wish it’s a heat attack you die from when you see that this guy can do to you.” He mumbles to himself. Looking at the trainer bring out his Hydreigon, Ken wasn’t fazed by the dragon but a look of concern came over him when he realized what the appearance of such an imposing pokemon would mean. His concerns were soon confirmed when, taking a few heavy steps forward, Iggy walked up to the dragon. Staring at her with a huge grin on his face. While this happened, Yukako, Ken’s Lurantis, moves between her trainer and the other trainer. She glared at Tony.

Alice let out a chuckle. Maybe Riley wasn't so bad. Just, difficult. "You'll deserve it if he attacks your pokemon," Alice continued on Riley's idea "I mean letting out not only big but strong pokemon. Some pokemon can't help themselves." Alice was unfazed by the Midnight form, she had seen many and most were well behaved. She knew that Midnights have a stronger fighting instinct then Days. That's just how Lycanrocks work.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Aoisuko sighed, "Spark could take that big guy down with ease..." she mumbled to herself as she grabbed a Pokéball and tossed it up, in a small flash of white light a small yellow Pokémon with a lightningbolt-shaped stick for a tail and a scribbly face popped out, “Spark, it’d defeat a big and ‘scary’ Hydreigon like that with ease,”

“Kyuchu!” Spark bounced the head of his costume from side to side.

“But, stuff like this should wait for the tournament in a couple days’ time.” Aoisuko somewhat bluntly stated as she recalled her Mimikyu and left the Pokémon Centre.

"Hmph, seems you are less incompetent than I thought. This just might be fun, just maybe." Toby smirked and recalled Scylla. "Excuse me, where are my manners? The name's Toby Taylor, and I'll be one of the contestants of this tournament. Now you know whose name you should fear to be up against."

As he left the Poké Center, he stopped in his tracks and placed a hand on a potted plant. "Oh, and for the record. I am not a douchebag, I am just confident. There's a fine line between those two things, and some people are unable to see that line. Maybe one day you'll see what I mean. See you at the tournament." After leaving the building, he went to the stadium. "Mainly Rock types and the occasional Fairy type. Powerwash and Spectre should be able to deal with them quite easily, hah! These fights might as well be crosswords, fun for the first five minutes and boring after that."

Alice knew that she finally met an opponent who understood her. However, why did Toby want to win? Although for most people it didn't matter, it did for Alice. It meant the difference between a good trainer and a bad one. She knew that whoever she fought against first, she didn't want it to be him. Not because she was afraid, but to see what else he had up his sleeve. "Glad he's gone," Alice said coldly "honestly he should be scared of Sheer Heart Attack if he has the moves I think he has."

"Well, as the old adage goes the dog that barks the loudest tends to carry the weakest bite." Nathan spoke up, as he allowed this conversation between the boastful Toby before he made his exit. Nathan had to admit he agreed with the general idea that confidence was not inherently cockiness...but disagreed that Toby avoided that pitfall himself.

But, he'd have a chance to see what he could do in the tournament itself. For now he got his Pokemon healed up at the desk before he turned back to the others present.

"Well, with personalities like that around this might be a bit fun don't you think?" Nathan asked with a light chuckle.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Ah, that sounds very nice. If I ever visit I will be sure to keep that in mind." Becca replied with a smile, as she already got a friendly vibe from this guy and his team and very much seemed to be the easy going type.

It was good to meet someone like this here, given she was in new terrain.

"I myself come from Kalos. So all this is very new to me." Becca said as she clarified where she was from. Sabrina herself had a smile given to her team as her Delphox as she reached for her Pokeballs.

"Well, since you have your team out I figure my guys besides Sabrina could use from fresh air. Come on out!" Becca said as she released her own team on the plaza: Ariel the Milotic, Sparky the Pichu, Destiny the Sylveon, Shadow the Absol and Goo the Goodra.

Riley sighed as Toby left and quietly said"Douchebag or not,he doesn't see that winning is not the most important thing. What an imbecile."She looked back at the others and said"See you all in the tournament"She turned around and left the Pokemon Center. She went to her Staraptor,who was waiting on a bench for her,since he was scared of the Hydreigon."Let's go."Riley told him.The Pokemon nodded and followed his trainer back to the hotel.

Last edited:
Alice had to agree with Riley. Although she herself wanted to win, she wasn't doing it for the glory. She was doing it to prove herself. Though only she and her pokemon knew that, it was true. She had to make all of Iki Town know that she was a good trainer, no a great trainer. All they saw was a girl who thought that she was good due to some of her pokemon. Her town sent her here to make her believe this nonsense about being a bad trainer.
Rocky looked at Alice, trying to see any anger in her face. All he saw was a grin. She was ready.

When Wolf arrived at the Pokémon Center, there was a rather large crowd using up most of the space inside. Again with these people. He sighed, shuffling through the people to get to Nurse Joy. He handed her Katana's Pokéball, and Elia's for good measure. While he was waiting, an argument of sorts had broken out. A trainer he hadn't seen before at the reception desk, and the young girl that passed him earlier. Hm, he seems...confident.

Wolf didn't think too much of him, until he sent out a Hydreigon. Wolf hadn't ever seen one up close before, but heard the stories of Sinnoh trainers who travelled through Unova. Wolf subtly whipped out his Pokédex, scanning the monstrous Pokémon.

Hydreigon. The Brutal Pokémon. It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path!

The electronic voice read, prompting a gulp from Wolf. Before any trainer could approach him, he took the Pokéballs of the desk and headed outside again. Once outside, Wolf let his new Pokémon out of its ball. He threw it up in the air, releasing Bisharp from its confinement.

Upon landing, Katana immediately took on an attacking stance, searching the area for a target. "Woah, it's okay. It's okay." Wolf quietly said, holding his arms up towards the Pokémon. Katana examined Wolf from head to toe, still ready to engage if need be. "Calm down." Wolf inched closer towards the Pokémon, still with open palms. When wolf was close enough, he slowly reached for Bisharp's blades, gently pushing them down. "That's it. I'm Wolf." He smiled. "Now lets get ready for some battles."

Shiori couldn't help but to smile at the unintentional pun from Finion, and even more at the laughter from the Pachirisu.
"No, no. It's cool." Shiori flipped the Magikarp mask in his hands before putting it on and pointing towards the stadium.
"Now, to the stadium!" Karpman exclaimed. The masked trainer ran towards the stadium, but when he tried the doors they refused to open. Karpman looked through the glass, and noticed that the stadium was empty.
"... Hold on..." Karpman looked back to Finion. "The tournament doesn't start for a few days still, right?"
Karpman made his way back to Finion and Sparky.
"It doesn't appear to be open... I suppose we'll have to find some way to fill up the time, eh? Know anything good to do around here?" Karpman asked.