• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

When Wolf walked out of the stadium again, it was still busy as ever at the reception desk. As well as the mysterious weirdo, who had meanwhile gathered a bit of a crowd with his antics. Special guy, that one. Wolf couldn't help but stare at him for a second or two, before snapping himself out of it and walking away. "I need to get some training in." Wolf whispered to himself, checking the map for some nearby routes to find Pokémon. West of Solaurea City was Route 15, which seemed like a good spot to search.

In order to give it a breath of fresh air, Wolf let Elia, his Sceptile, out of its Pokéball. He threw the Premier Ball up in the air, and with a red flash Elia hopped out and landed spectacularly, already in a fighting stance. "Not yet, El'. A little patience." Wolf smirked. Together they headed towards Route 15, in dire need of some action.

It wasn't exactly a forest, but there was only a narrow path. The rest were trees and tall grass. "Just how you like it." Wolf whispered, prompting Elia to grin. Admiring the sights of the route, Wolf and Elia went far into it before being attacked by a wild Pokémon. Strangely enough, rather than attacking Elia, the Pokémon swiftly scratched Wolf before disappearing behind the trees again, nowhere to be found. "Ah!" Wolf exclaimed, frantically looking around for the culprit. A mere second later, Wolf was struck again. Something sliced through Wolf's skin, drawing blood from his arm. "Elia, get ready." Wolf commanded, holding his hand over his wound.

When Wolf heard a third rustle in the grass, he knew it was the moment to attack. "Elia, now!" he shouted, to which Elia used its powerful Dragon Claw attack to strike the lightning fast Pokémon out of the air and reveal its identity. A wild Bisharp hit the ground with a thud, before scurrying back to its feet and bearing its blades. Finally.

Last edited:
Alice sat on her bed going over strategies on how to defeat the other trainers. All those foolish enough to train in front of everyone gave away their strategy for those who saw to counter. People like her, people who cared very much for winning. "People who deserve to be here," Alice thought. She'll have to admit, this was a bit rude to think. But hey, she didn't travel all of Alola for nothing.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
After Michael walked of cruiser he went straight into hotel where he already booked room. Aureolis was really big, far more than Michael imagined. Michael unpacked his stuff and went outside with his Pokémon. He wasn't planning to train them. He just wanted to feed his Pokémon and let them do whatever they want. After he found enough secret spot, he released all of his Pokémon. Amonguss was still sleeping. Floatzel decided to swim in sea. Houndoom and Sableye were just sitting and making weird noises. It sounded like they were talking. Scizor was eating Hoenn berries and Steelix was just standing in one spot and using Harden, just so he can see how far his defense could go up.

Ken was walking around the plaza, looking around the place the tournament was going to take me place. While walking around, Ken was met with many stares, but it wasn’t exactly him that they were looking at, it was his pokemon. When he had gotten off the airplane earlier, all his pokemon popped out of their poke balls on their own and none them decided to go back yet. “Geez guys, I expected one or two of you to come out but not all six of you.” Ken said. Walking pretty close on his left was his Lurantis Yukako, his Gardevoir Lisa Lisa walked on his right, Geb his Blastoise was behind his trainer with Sheer Heart Attack the Shuckle sitting on its head. Pet Shop the Staraptor flew above Ken and his Lycanroc Iggy was walking in front of him.

"Ack!" Karpman exclaimed, jumping up from the bench. "I'm such a fool! Where are my manners?!"
A look of realization suddenly crossed Raza's face, and she sighed and looked at Finion as if to ask 'why did you do that?'. Karpman quickly struck a pose.
"I am a hero who fights for the weak!" Quickly, Karpman switched to another pose.
"I am the lover of justice and the way of truth!" Another pose.
"I am the fighter for good!" A third pose.
"I am... Karpman!!!!" Karpman exclaimed, striking a final pose and pointing at the sky. Behind his back, he unclipped a Pokeball and released the Pokemon inside. His Gyarados, Hyper Tsunamu, let out a roar as it emerged, going up at the same time Karpman pointed upward, then coiling up behind his trainer. Raza sighed again and put her head in her hands as a good majority of people nearby turned to see what the commotion with the Gyarados was all about.

Karpman held the pose for a moment, before looking over at Finion.
"Does that answer your question?" Karpman asked.

As Karpman rose Finion wondered what the costumed hero was going to do. He glanced to Raza for a second, noticing her expression and beginning to worry slightly instead of wonder. The poses came as a surprise, as did his little speech but they were funny, nice and rather admirable.
The Gyarados however scared the living daylights out of Finion, who jumped up in shock and then fell backwards over the bench. When Karpman was to look back towards the trainer his legs would be sticking out from behind the bench and Finion would be lying on his back, attempting to catch his breath. There was still a smile on his face but a shaky one. "Y-Yeah" His voice was shaky but not scared. "G-Got. It"
Sparky had moved off Finion before the Gyarados had popped out. The Pachirisu had been unimpressed with Karpman's performance and had went over to sit next to Raza with folded arms.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki stared at the trainers battling. He concentrated at their battles, ignoring anything else. Loki thinks that it doesn't matter if the Pokemon is strong, it matters of how the trainer uses it. These battles -- easily predictable. Each of their moves he could predict from kilometers away. He thought for a second that he was probably the best trainer here. His Pokemon were rarely used in battle, as some trainers think they have no capability. Loki stretches it and thinks every Pokemon is powerful, as he stated before, it always matters how the trainer uses it. Loki smiled at his thoughts, thinking he was smart.

"Oh! Uh... My apologies." Karpman said, noticing that Finion had fallen back from surprise. Maybe sending out Tsunamu at this time was a little over the top. Petting the side of Hyper Tsunamu's head, Karpman returned the Gyarados back to it's Pokeball and approached Finion, offering him a hand to pull him up. "I suppose that was a bit over the top for a crowd of one, eh?"

Raza rolled her eyes, then did a double take when she noticed Sparky sitting next to her also unimpressed. The disguised Zoroark couldn't help but to smile a little at the little Pachirisu. At least someone wasn't impressed with her trainer's dorky antics. Honestly, it was times like this where Raza kinda wished she had a normal trainer. You know, one that did feel the need to dress up in a strange costume and run around.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis received a letter, which invited her to a tournament. She was super excited, so she packed some things and instantly got on a plane. Once she had arrived to the new region, she got a map and found the place where the tournament was going to take place. It was a big stadium, and Otis entered in excitedly with bright eyes. She saw a receptionist at a desk, and she walked over to her.

“Hello! Otis Russell, here to participate!” The receptionist nodded, and handed her a paper. “You are early, a bit too early...” Otis realized what the lady meant and she laughed it off. She quickly filled out the paper, and gave it back to the receptionist. The lady took it, and placed it somewhere else. “There is a hotel nearby, why don’t you stay there for awhile?” Otis nodded and zoomed out of the stadium. She checked her map for a nearby hotel, and soon found one. Otis walked over to where the hotel was located, and paid for a room to stay in. Once she was in the room, she placed all her stuff on her bed and sat down on a couch.

“I can’t wait to battle in this world wide tournament!”

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki was done thinking, and started to leave the stadium out of boredom. He walked back to his hotel, and Permafrost gave the mask back to Karpman on the way. They went back to his room and he flopped onto his bed, smelling the fresh sheets. He recited the participants he thought were notable. He yawned, though it was still day, around noon if he wasn't mistaken. Loki got up and went by the balcony, seeing the entire city and all it had to offer.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rebecca Maxwell, better known as Becca, touched down Aureolis as she stepped off one of the later flights as she let out a sigh. Alright, this was a bit different than the traditional Pokemon League, but if anything that made it even more exciting! This was a new oppertunity to make her mark and she wad not about to waste such a golden chance.

Alright Mr. Aureolis, you want the best trainers in the world in one place? Fine by me. My flight got a delay but I assure you that will be the only setback I face here. Soon, I will prove myself to you and the entire world!

With some fire to her step, Becca quickly released her partner Pokemon Delphox, nicknamed Sabrina, and the two walked to try and find the nearest hotel to rent a room for their stay. Becca would be mindful to try and get a town map to see what the place had to offer, as she intended to stay the tournament duration and thereafter to really soak in this new region.

Riley was in a bench and looked around at all of the trainers that were practicing.She sighed and said"We'll figure out their strategy!Why are they so dumb?"Her Staraptor was beside her and gave her a questioning look."You know I don't have strategies!I just wing it!Pun intended."She chuckled while her Pokemon raised an eyebrow (If Staraptors have eyebrows) unimpressed.Riley sighed again and decided to take a stroll around the stadium.She noticed a lot of people who were either entering the nearby hotel,or chatting about the tournament,or just getting excited."Idiots..."Riley whispered to herself.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki opened up a suitcase he barely remembered packing and took some things out of it. "Oh, sweet!", Loki took out two suits that could glide, as the design was heavily based off Gligar. He and Permafrost got in the suits and ran off the balcony, flying high above the Aureolis sky. For a minute, he thought he could see Johto, but it was just a horde of Tropius attacking him... Wait, what?, Loki thought. "Quick, Permafrost, Icicle Crash!", he commanded. Permafrost shot icicles form it's spikes and it hit all of them, and with the 4x weakness, they fainted. Loki didn't think about the people below him, as he was too preoccupied of the thrill of gliding.

Finion accepted the offered hand, using it to pull himself up onto his feet. “It just surprised me that’s all” His smile returned. “It was very dramatic though, very impressive” He was shocked as to how well he was getting on with this person, how he wasn’t scared or awkward. It was at that point he noticed the little crowd watching Karpman. They weren’t watching Finion but it did make him feel a little uncomfortable.

“Hey I think the queue has died down a little bit” He nodded in the direction of the building where the sign ups were taking place. “Should we go?”

"Sun, Mach Punch!"

"Lightning, Wild Charge!"
Just outside of Aureolis' famed city where this tournament was set to begin, Nathan was in a clearing with two of his trusted companions; his Infernape Sun and his Luxray Lightning. The two had been locked into a spar as Nathan issued commands to both, showing no favoritism to either one as it appeared that Nathan wanted to get some sparring in upon arrival within the city.

Sun tossed a stiff right fist, that Luxray jumped over before it coated itself in electricity and tried to drive a hard charge into Sun, only for the latter to jump to the side and flip back to gain some distance. The immediate area around them had some holes, cuts in trees and general signs of battle all around it as the two Pokemon had been at it for quite some time. Neither Pokemon gaining an edge as they stared with intensity at each other both waiting for Nathan's next command.

"All right, good enough for now. While your moves could use a bit more...flair to them, I think we've done enough to call it a good session." Nathan explained as he moved between both Pokemon as they immediately relaxed. Naturally, Nathan reached into his pocket and pulled out some rations as he gave it to his two Pokemon who enjoyed the treats. They would settle for a quick snack break, before Nathan would plan out finding a room to stay in for their stay here.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis then got up, and walked over to a balcony that the hotel contained. She took in a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air. “But, you know what would be better? Flying in the air!” She sent out her Flygon, Clara, who was a bit surprised to be sent out onto a balcony. Otis smiled, and put Clara’s Pokeball back in her bag. The young Flygon looked around for a moment, growling deeply. Otis walked over and pet Clara. “Chill, we aren’t in a battle! Why don’t we go for a fly, you could finally stretch your wings.” Her Flygon nodded, and allowed her to climb onto her back. Then, they took off into the skies. Otis started to cheer very loudly, saying, “Whoaaa! This is AMAZING!”

Ken, accompanied by his pokemon, made his way to the tournament area to register. “You guys wait here for a second, I’m going to sign us up for the tournament.” He said before walking into the building. His pokemon began lingering around and doing their own thing but weren’t causing any trouble, all except Iggy who caught the scent of something interesting. Running off from the rest of Ken’s team while they weren’t looking, Iggy ran to the hotel building and looked up, staring at the flying Flygon with an intense look in his eyes.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis kept on cheering while Clara started to flyhigher in the sky. She did a few spins, and soon landed on the ground safely with a loud thud. Otis climbed off of Clara, and that is when she spotted another Pokémon. It was a Lycanroc, and she started to walk over to it. But, Clara snatched her back, growling at the Lycanroc loudly. “Come on! It’s a Lycanroc, it won’t hurt us, I’m sure of it!” Otis trued to escape to go to the Lycanroc, but her Flygon’s hold was too strong. Clara still kept hold of her, casting a menacing glare at the Lycanroc.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
When Loki was gliding, the wind switched directions, causing him to fly backwards to the hotel. The wind started to pick up speed, and he nearly crashed into a Flygon before gliding back into his room, along with Permafrost. "Ow... oh well...", Loki began," I can still look through this other stuff!" He pulled out a picture of his team, including Patches the Furret and Tick the Galvantula, who were waiting at home in Johto, as they couldn't come to the tournament due to a strict amount of six Pokemon... He dug through the suitcase, and reached the bottom. Wait..., Loki looked at the bottom, Is that Patches' Poke Ball? And Tick's Dusk Ball? He sent the two Pokemon out, and they seemed happy to see him. Loki was shocked, then hugged them. "Oh, that's right, you can watch the tournament from the balcony!", Loki said, and looked at the two Pokemon's expressions," Oh yeah, I was invite to a world stage tournament!" The two Pokemon shouted with glee, as they were very close to Loki.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"Finally, out of that hell hole of a reception!"

Crimson exclaimed to no one in particular. He was stuck in line for practically 45 minutes just to get his name confirmed as part of the World Tournament. Already registered into the tournament and having checked out his stay in the hotel already, Crimson decided it was time to explore the city as he had practically all the time in the world as of right now. Not wanting to be lonely though, he decided to pull out a companion of his so he wouldn't be lonely. A red flash came from his released capsule before allowing a Froslass to appear in front of him.

"We're just exploring right now, no competition."

The Froslass, not part of his team for the tournament, happily floating about the vicinity. Crimson started walking east of city, back towards where the airport was. He recalled seeing a Pokemon Contest Hall somewhere around that vicinity. After all, before being a trainer, he was a Coordinator first thing, hence his desire to visit the city's own contest hall. Meanwhile, Froslass still followed beside her trainer, still excited and examining it's surroundings. She was a happy ghost, not like the other ghost-type Pokemon all gloomy and what not.

The duo passed by a variety of restaurants, stores, a Flygon, a Magikarp-masked man, and much more. This city really does have a lot to offer.

Alice calmed down then left her room. This time she won't try to get buddy buddy with the other trainers. She understands that they don't want to talk to her. She wasn't here to make friends anyway, after all, who needed friends when you had pokemon.
Alice and Rocky went back to the stadium to watch the foolish trainers give away their strategy or train as they called it. It was stupid really to train where everyone could see you, it was perfect.
Rock followed his trainer. He was glad that she has decided to let him stay out of his pokeball. She was usually so secretive about what pokemon she was going to use, thus her fake team.

Riley started getting really bored.She needed to do something fun,but couldn't think of anything.She passed by a girl that was restrained by her Pokemon and thought to herself"Wow,what idiot can't control their Pokémon?...Well,besides me.I mean,Blaziken can sometimes ignore my commands because she has a better plan,but...Wait,what am I doing?Why am I having a conversation with myself?!Ugh..."She rolled her eyes and continued walking,with her Staraptor by her side.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki hugged his two other Pokemon once more, slightly enraging Tick. "Hey, guys, let's go down to the center of the city, it looks like a plaza of sorts!", Loki proclaimed. Loki, Permafrost, Tick, and Patches ran down the stairs, as they all had a fear of elevators. They exited the hotel, and went to the plaza. Many trainers had their Pokemon out, so Loki thought it was a good idea to say," Come on out!" , and sent all of his Pokemon out... except Valdivia, of course. Luckily, none of his Pokemon drew stairs from other people. Leviores was hiding behind Loki, Kimo was wandering around, trying to communicate with other trainers, Vesuvius was walking by Loki, Permafrost was on top of Vesuvius, and Verde was relaxing by a water fountain.

Before Wolf could get another word in, the combative Bisharp charged at Elia this time at a high speed, holding its blades behind it for aerodynamics. "Elia, up!" Wolf commanded, prompting the Forest Pokémon to jump up and disappear in the trees. Wolf smirked at the dumbfounded Bisharp, who was tricked by his own game. As a means of revenge, Bisharp took aim at Wolf again, charging up a Night Slash. Before Bisharp could touch Wolf, Elia descended and parried the blades with the leaves on its arms, and counters with an X-Scissor attack, knocking the Bisharp back and onto the ground.

Bisharp was clearly hurt, and wasn't able to stand up when he was surrounded by a pack of Pawniard. They could see their leader had been defeated, and abandoned him in the forest, searching for a new and stronger leader. Wolf was taken aback by this spectacle, as he had never seen it before. Without hesitation, Wolf picked an empty Pokéball from his backpack and threw it at the Bisharp. With a bright red beam the Pokémon was sucked into the Pokéball, and dropped to the ground. One. Two. Three. Click.

"Lets get you to a Pokémon centre, buddy." Wolf smiled as he picked up his newly caught Bisharp. He captured Elia back in its Pokéball and made his way towards the Pokémon centre to the west of the huge city. "I think I'll call you… Katana."

Last edited:
Glancing back at the line, Karpman noticed that it had indeed died down.
"So it has! Let's go!" Karpman exclaimed, pointing at the line. The masked trainer quickly jumped over one of the benches and ran towards the line. Raza watched her trainer run, but simply decided to chill at the bench and not follow Shiori.

A few moments later, Karpman was standing in front of the line. But before he could make a sound, the receptionist cut him off.
"Name?" The woman did not even bother to look up.
"I am Karpman! Hero of-!"
"Trainer card." The receptionist interrupted. A little startled, Karpman pulled out his trainer card from his pocket and slid it on the desk to the lady. The lady looked at the card, frowned, then looked up at Karpman. She did not seem bothered by his appearance.
"Is this a joke?" The receptionist asked.
"Of course not!" Karpman said proudly, puffing out his chest. "I am here to battle!"
"You do realize this is a World Tournament, right? The strongest trainers from every region coming together to duke it out? It's not exactly a place for a guy with only three gym badges." The receptionist said dryly.

Karpman seemed unfazed by this comment.
"Like I said, I am here to battle! I have an invitation to prove it!" Karpman exclaimed dramatically, showing the woman his letter. The woman glanced at it, then back at Karpman.
"There's not a Little Cup in this tournament. Last chance to back out." The receptionist said. Karpman put both his hands on the desk and leaned in.
"I know what I'm doing. Sign. me. in." Karpman said. The woman sighed, and entered his name into the computer.
"There. You're signed up. May God have mercy on you and your Pokemon." The woman said. Karpman took back his trainer card and invitation, then walked back out in front of the stadium.

Nathan had recalled his two Pokemon, and before he could make plans to head to the hotel or check out the town he was reminded he needed to stop by the Pokemon Center to get both Sun & Lightning checked up by the nurse. Spar it may have been it was still a benefit to try and get them some stamina recovery and just a general checkup to make sure they'd have no ailments before the League would have began.

Though as he made his way there, he happened to follow another trainer ahead of him who had a Pokeball in hand as he seemed to share the same idea he did. Well given that he arrived before him Nathan would have to wait in the proverbial line as he moved behind him towards the Nurse Joy of the town. Which itself was enough to raise questions...

Man, this family branches even to this region?

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Becca managed to check in a room for herself, but decided it was best to explore the city first rather than simply hang out in her hotel room like a Slaking. With Sabrina in toe, trainer and Pokemon made their way out of the hotel and towards the town as the aim was to get to the town plaza and admire the wonderful sights and sounds of the beautiful city.

It appeared she was far from the only one to have such an idea, as she saw a few people & their Pokemon out and about as they strolled through the town. Though one in particular caught her eye.

A trainer by a fountain in the plaza who seemed to have a Alolan Sandslash, Ampharos, Froslass, Tangrowth & Camerupt all out if her Pokedex had been anything to go by. One guy having that many Pokemon out at once either meant he was some kind of collector...or a possible trainer, maybe even one competing in the League.

But Becca had not been one to settle for assumptions, and with her Delphox by her side she and Sabrina walked up to the trainer and his colorful team. "Hey there. I see your Pokemon are having a good time." Becca said with a friendly smile to the new trainer as she tried to spark a conversation.

As Riley made her way back to the stadium,she noticed that weird man with the Magikarp mask standing in front of him.She sighed and decided to go there.She stopped right beside him,looked directly in the mask's soulless eyes and asked:"What made you go crazy?"When her Staraptor heard her question,he hit her with his wing."Ow!What,I'm just asking!"

Last edited:
Karpman looked down at the girl, a little startled by her rather rude comment. She had a Staraptor with her, that smacked her when she made the comment. Kids these days...
"Crazy? Ha ha!" The masked trainer put his hands on his hips, threw his head back, and laughed. "Of course not! I'm perfectly sane!"
Okay, so maybe not perfectly sane. But hey, it was close enough. At least he wasn't insane. Karpman stood in that position, his hands on his hips and his head back, for a moment before turning to Riley.
"Plus, what gives you the right to ask if I'm crazy? For all I know, you could be crazy yourself!" Karpman exclaimed, pointing at Riley.

Raza glanced back at the line, and noticed that Karpman had already made it through and was now talking to Riley. Not really wanting to get involved, the Zoroark kept up the Illusion that she was a human and watched the encounter go down.

"Oh please,if I was insane I would run around in a weird costume.Oh,and that is exactly what you are doing!"Riley said slightly annoyed by the weirdo."Hmmmm,let's see here!"She got a hold of his mask and got it off his face,revealing a normal man."...I'm sorry for your family and Pokemon."She sighed and gave him back the mask.She turned around and went back to the hotel.Her Staraptor sighed frustrated and apologized to Karpman for his trainer's actions.Then,he flew after his trainer.

Last edited:
Once again, when the girl yanked off Karpman's mask Shiori quickly covered his face with one of his hands. Quickly yanking it back when the girl handed it back, Shiori said nothing as the girl walked away. But this time, Shiori just sighed and lowered his hand. He didn't even bother putting the mask back on, and just sighed and walked over to where Raza was sitting. Sitting on the bench next to his Zoroark in disguise, Shiori looked down at the mask in silence.

Having seen what Riley did, it took all of Raza's self control not to jump up, chase down that brat, and beat the tar out of her. Her Illusion wavered for a moment, and the Zoroark let out a low growl. But as Shiori approached, Raza managed to calm herself down enough to keep her human Illusion going. Shiori looked over to Raza, then back at his mask.
"Maybe we shouldn't do this." Shiori said. Raza let out a startled grunt and looked at her trainer incredulously.
"I mean, what's the point? We're going to get knocked out in the first round, just like the last four tournaments." Shiori said. Raza lightly smacked Shiori upside the head, then shook her head at the trainer. Shiori sighed and nodded.
"Yeah, yeah. I get it." Shiori said.

Finion watched Karpman race towards the line, about to follow suit before pausing. He turned to Raza to see her sitting and not making a move to get up. In confusion Finion pointed in the direction of the line before just leaving it. He was sure that the other trainer would go when she wanted, still being completely unaware that she was a Zoroark. “C’mon Sparky!” Finion extended his arm out for Sparky to hop on, the furry electric squirrel doing so and travelling to his usual spot on his trainers shoulder. Together they headed towards the line.

He was a few spaces behind Shiori and so he handed in his trainer card and name a few minutes after Karpman had. Despite being strange, peculiar and a little bit out there he did like the magikarp masked superhero. He was nice and strangely enough Finion felt comfortable with him. He also didn’t want to go through the hassle of socialising with other people.

After Finion registered he left the building with a smile, heading back over towards the bench where he could see the two people. Sparky was excited, barely being able to sit still on his trainers shoulder at the mere thought of battle. Finion’s smile dropped the closer he got however. Karpman was without his mask but Finion could tell it was him from the tracksuit and the girl sitting besides him. He seemed sad.

Finion approaches slowly, a soft smile on his face as he gave a caring look. “Hey, you okay?” He didn’t sit, instead standing close by. Sparky made a move however, hopping from Finion’s shoulder and onto the bench to gently nuzzle his furry head against Shiori’s leg. Finion followed Raza’s gaze for a second but couldn’t spot what she was looking at.

Iggy kept his gaze dead on the dragon type pokemon in front of him when he heard a call from behind. "Iggy! What are you doing? I told you to wait over at the stadium." Ken called out as he ran to the scene. Iggy's movements had been seen by Pet Shop who had the bird eye view who then led Ken to the rock type pokemon. Iggy growled a bit in annoyance but qucikly dropped his aggresive gaze when his trainer showed up. Ken looked at Ottis. "I'm sorry if this guy here casued you any trouble. He's, uh... really wild." He apologized.

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis was still oblivious to the Lycanroc’s gaze, but Clara certainly noticed it. She was almost about to break free from her Flygon’s grip, but that was when the Lycanroc’s trainer showed up. “Oh, no need to apologize! It’s more like my Flygon here who caused a bit of trouble! She is always one to attack other Pokémon, or try to scare them into a battle... Okay you can let go of me now Clara!” Very reluctantly, Clara let go of her. Otis smiled, and whispered something to her Flygon, “Okay, maybe you didn’t cause much trouble, luckily.” She turned towards Ken, her hazel eyes brightening up. “My name is Otis, what about you?”

"Huh?" Shiori looked up to see Finion approached, along with Sparky. "Oh, uh... yeah. I'm fine."
Shiori looked away and ran a hand through his hair. His foot began to tap nervously as he considered what to say, looking down at Sparky.
"Actually, no. I'm not fine." Shiori said, and looked up at Finion again. "This'll be our fifth tournament, and I'm sc-... uh, nervous that we won't make it past the first round. Even though we've trained pretty hard in preparation for this tournament, we never made it past the first round in all the previous tournaments before."
Shiori let out a nervous laugh as his foot continued to nervously tap the ground.
"Heck, I wasn't even actually invited to this tournament. I found the invite in the trash at PokeMart I worked at, and no one ever came to claim it. And now I'm probably gonna be put up against some guy with all eight gym badges from 3 regions or some ex-elite four member or-"

Finally having enough of Shiori's babbling, Raza grabbed Shiori's clothing by the shoulder and started to drag her trainer towards the fountain. But before Shiori could even voice his protests, the disguised Zoroark had already shoved Shiori's face into the water of the fountain. The girl turned to Finion and Sparky and held out a hand to stop them from approaching. After a few moments, Raza let go of Shiori's head and Shiori lifted his head out of the water with a gasp.
"I'm okay! I'm... okay..." Shiori said inbetween breaths, pushing his wet hair back. He turned to Finion and Sparky and sat down, leaning against the fountain.
"Sorry... sometimes I can just... well... have a moment." Shiori said. Raza sighed, looking a little angry that she even had to do that, and began to walk off.

Riley continued to walk around,with her Staraptor by her side,who was judging her a bit."Was I to mean too that guy?"She asked him.Her Pokémon nodded,making her chuckle."Okay,maybe.But still,running around in a suit with a Magikarp mask on is pretty weird.And plus,he overreacted.It's not like I told him he's weak,I just gave him a heads up for when he'll be in public spaces again!"Her Staraptor raised an eyebrow at her comment."Okay,I gave him a heads up in my own way.Heh,I wonder what his catchphrase is.Hmmm...Oh,I know....'Karp?' "She burst out laughing and her Staraptor quietly shaked his head.They continued to walk around so time would get by faster.

Last edited:
Riley began to calm down just as she passed by Alice.She didn't know that the one who tried to engage a conversation was trying to talk to her,so she didn't see her."So,I wonder who will fight in the first round!"She told her Staraptor,who was flying above her.They began talking about random things.