• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tounament!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
oh shoot we’re nine now? That’ll be quite trouble some

Now it either has to be 8 by someone quitting
Or 16, whcih would take a while considering the recruitment rate we’re at

Well,we're nine.So that means someone would have to quit.If that would happen,I call dibs on remaining a part of this RP!
You can’t really call dibs. It’s always thread owners call when it comes to this sort of thing.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hello! I hope these forms are still open ;-; Can I join? This sounds like lots of fun! If we have nine, I'll be ten (that's an even number, at least...)
I’m pretty sure that you can still join, we’re looking for 16.

Having an even 10 doesn’t work out for tournament brackets because then there won’t be a solid final 2.

But again, all on owners call. I’m just putting my input

Sounds fun! I love tournament RPs, so I figure I'd dust off one of my goofier character for this. How's he look?

Name:
Shiori Fujimoto, aka Karpman
Hometown: Vermillion City, Kanto
Appearance: Standing at about 5'10" and weighing in at 150 lbs, Shiori also has scruffy black hair and blue eyes. Our man has two main outfits. In his first outfit, his normal clothes, Shiori wears a relatively worn-looking t-shirt and jeans as well as tennis shoes and a small backpack. Shiori's second outfit, however, is what he is going to be wearing most of the time for the tournament. It is his Karpman Costume. A large Magikarp mask covers his entire head, and he wears a red track suit over his normal clothes. Shiori also wears red gloves and boots while in this costume. TL DR: a guy with a Magikarp for a head in a red track suit.
Personality: Upon first meeting Shiori, he would probably come off as a person of low self-esteem and self-confidence, but generally well-meaning and mild mannered. He is heavily driven by his moral compass, and likes to travel and watch Pokemon Battles. If he gets into a battle, however, he tends to freeze up and doubt his moves. That's where his Karpman disguise comes in! While dressed as Karpman, a hero Shiori made up, he... well... he acts like an anime protagonist. So basically dramatic, over the top, and super confident. Because Karpman is a hero. And heroes never give up.
Pokémon: Hyper Tsunamu the Gyarados, Raza the Zoroark, Beast the Magikarp, Riptide the Feebas, Beauty the Feebas, Tethys the Milotic

Nickname: Hyper Tsunamu
Species: Gyarados
Personality: Shiori's first Pokemon, Tsunamu is super loyal to Shiori. He acts pretty docile outside battle, but likes to play in the water. Has a sweet tooth.
Appearance: A slightly-larger than normal Gyarados.
Favourite Move(s): Waterfall

Nickname: Raza
Species: Zoroark
Personality: Raza is a very proud Zoroark. She sees herself as quite strong, which sometimes makes her overconfident when she battles. She hates losing. Has a sweet tooth for Rage Candy Bars.
Appearance: Raza wears an Assault Vest. She also likes to disguise herself as a teenage human girl with long, dark hair. In her disguise, she is wearing a vest similar to that of her Assault Vest and seems to have a "punk vibe" going.
Favourite Move(s):

Nickname: Beast
Species: Magikarp
Personality: Beast has quite an unusual personality. It seems to enjoy battling immensely, and has a high resistance to pain. It doesn't really mind being thrown about, and can seem kinda oblivious at times.
Appearance: Similar to that of a normal Magikarp, except for the fact that the scales around it's eyes are blue which gives it the appearance of wearing a mask. Beast also has light gold stripes.
Favourite Move(s): Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Bounce

Nickname: Riptide
Species: Feebas
Appearance: A normal-looking Feebas that appears to be smiling instead of frowning.
Favourite Move(s): Iron Tail, Haze, Double Team

Nickname: Beauty
Appearance: A normal-looking Feebas with a slight scar on it's side.
Favourite Move(s): Mud Sport, Confuse Ray, Scald

Nickname: Tethys
Species: Milotic
Personality: Shiori's third Pokemon. Enjoys cuddling with humans and other Pokemon.
Appearance: Slightly bigger than normal. Holds Leftovers.
Favourite Move(s): Aqua Ring

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Sounds fun! I love tournament RPs, so I figure I'd dust off one of my goofier character for this. How's he look?

Name:
Shiori Fujimoto, aka Karpman
Hometown: Vermillion City, Kanto
Appearance: Standing at about 5'10" and weighing in at 150 lbs, Shiori also has scruffy black hair and blue eyes. Our man has two main outfits. In his first outfit, his normal clothes, Shiori wears a relatively worn-looking t-shirt and jeans as well as tennis shoes and a small backpack. Shiori's second outfit, however, is what he is going to be wearing most of the time for the tournament. It is his Karpman Costume. A large Magikarp mask covers his entire head, and he wears a red track suit over his normal clothes. Shiori also wears red gloves and boots while in this costume. TL DR: a guy with a Magikarp for a head in a red track suit.
Personality: Upon first meeting Shiori, he would probably come off as a person of low self-esteem and self-confidence, but generally well-meaning and mild mannered. He is heavily driven by his moral compass, and likes to travel and watch Pokemon Battles. If he gets into a battle, however, he tends to freeze up and doubt his moves. That's where his Karpman disguise comes in! While dressed as Karpman, a hero Shiori made up, he... well... he acts like an anime protagonist. So basically dramatic, over the top, and super confident. Because Karpman is a hero. And heroes never give up.
Pokémon: Hyper Tsunamu the Gyarados, Raza the Zoroark, Beast the Magikarp, Riptide the Feebas, Beauty the Feebas, Tethys the Milotic

Nickname: Hyper Tsunamu
Species: Gyarados
Personality: Shiori's first Pokemon, Tsunamu is super loyal to Shiori. He acts pretty docile outside battle, but likes to play in the water. Has a sweet tooth.
Appearance: A slightly-larger than normal Gyarados.
Favourite Move(s): Waterfall

Nickname: Raza
Species: Zoroark
Personality: Raza is a very proud Zoroark. She sees herself as quite strong, which sometimes makes her overconfident when she battles. She hates losing. Has a sweet tooth for Rage Candy Bars.
Appearance: Raza wears an Assault Vest. She also likes to disguise herself as a teenage human girl with long, dark hair. In her disguise, she is wearing a vest similar to that of her Assault Vest and seems to have a "punk vibe" going.
Favourite Move(s):

Nickname: Beast
Species: Magikarp
Personality: Beast has quite an unusual personality. It seems to enjoy battling immensely, and has a high resistance to pain. It doesn't really mind being thrown about, and can seem kinda oblivious at times.
Appearance: Similar to that of a normal Magikarp, except for the fact that the scales around it's eyes are blue which gives it the appearance of wearing a mask. Beast also has light gold stripes.
Favourite Move(s): Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Bounce

Nickname: Riptide
Appearance: A normal-looking Feebas that appears to be smiling instead of frowning.
Favourite Move(s): Iron Tail, Haze, Double Team

Nickname: Beauty
Appearance: A normal-looking Feebas with a slight scar on it's side.
Favourite Move(s): Mud Sport, Confuse Ray, Scald

Nickname: Tethys
Species: Milotic
Personality: Shiori's third Pokemon. Enjoys cuddling with humans and other Pokemon.
Appearance: Slightly bigger than normal. Holds Leftovers.
Favourite Move(s): Aqua Ring
Aside from the fact that a couple Pokemon have more than two favourite moves, that looks good!

Before I make a bio is 6 the max number or can we have more? Like some PC subs?
You can have more than six, but only six can be used in the tournament and you can't change which 'mons are entered into the tournament mid-way through.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Name: Michael Port
Hometown: Slateport...duh
Appearance: Michael has short brown hair and blue eyes. He is wearing white t shirt with great ball on it. Over t shirt he is wearing green jacket. He also has dark-green trousers and light-blue trainers. He is 5'7 heigh and always wears black hat.
Personality: Michael is too serious for his age. He doesn't like to make friends all the time, but he is trustful and honest to his friends. He is very intelligent and he's very good at making strategy for Pókemon battle, and that's reason why he has great fighting experience.

Nickname: N/A
Species: Floatzel
Personality: Floatzel was Michael's starter and is with him for longest time. They had many adventures together and are pretty good partners.
Appearance: N/A
Favourite Move(s): Hydro Pump

Species: Houndoom
Personality: He is Pokémon Michael got from his father. Houndoom was already evolved and trained so he was great addition to Michael's team.
Appearance: He has scar over his right eye that he got in battle with wild Pyroar.
Favourite Move(s): Flamethrower and Dark Pulse.

Species: Steelix
Personality: Onix was first Pokémon Michael caught and evolved. After evolving, Steelix became always ready for battle.
Favourite Move(s): Earthquake

Species: Scizor
Personality: He was always lazy Pokémon and Michael had bit of hard time with him but after training Scizor started listening.
Favourite Move(s): Fury Swipes

Species: Amoonguss
Personality: Amoonguss had same problem as Scizor, except Amoonguss never stopped being lazy.
Favourite Move(s): Spore

Species: Sableye
Personality: He is Pokémon that Michael caught last and he is toughest one. He knocked three of Michael's Pokémon before Michael caught him.
Appearance: Sableye has scratches on his eyes from his battles.
Favourite Move(s): Snarl and Will-O-Wisp

~Rinko~

Name: Michael Port
Hometown: Slateport...duh
Appearance: Michael has short brown hair and blue eyes. He is wearing white t shirt with great ball on it. Over t shirt he is wearing green jacket. He also has dark-green trousers and light-blue trainers. He is 5'7 heigh and always wears black hat.
Personality: Michael is too serious for his age. He doesn't like to make friends all the time, but he is trustful and honest to his friends. He is very intelligent and he's very good at making strategy for Pókemon battle, and that's reason why he has great fighting experience.

Species: Floatzel
Personality: Floatzel was Michael's starter and is with him for longest time. They had many adventures together and are pretty good partners.
Favourite Move(s): Hydro Pump

Species: Houndoom
Personality: He is Pokémon Michael got from his father. Houndoom was already evolved and trained so he was great addition to Michael's team.
Appearance: He has scar over his right eye that he got in battle with wild Pyroar.
Favourite Move(s): Flamethrower and Dark Pulse.

Species: Steelix
Personality: Onix was first Pokémon Michael caught and evolved. After evolving, Steelix became always ready for battle.
Favourite Move(s): Earthquake

Species: Scizor
Personality: He was always lazy Pokémon and Michael had bit of hard time with him but after training Scizor started listening.
Favourite Move(s): Fury Swipes

Species: Amoonguss
Personality: Amoonguss had same problem as Scizor, except Amoonguss never stopped being lazy.
Favourite Move(s): Spore

Species: Sableye
Personality: He is Pokémon that Michael caught last and he is toughest one. He knocked three of Michael's Pokémon before Michael caught him.
Appearance: Sableye has scratches on his eyes from his battles.
Favourite Move(s): Snarl and Will-O-Wisp
Yup, accepted!

Alright I'll consider adding PC mons for cameos if need be. For now here is the main stars.

Name: Nathan Spenser
Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh
Appearance: Dark skinned young man with spiky purple hair. With a grey top covered by a black long-sleeve jacket and a pair of blue jeans along with black tennis shoes.
Personality: Every bit as competitive as he is eccentric, he loves to win with style as he mixes the battling intensity of a Badge Collector and the flair of a Coordinator. Can be a bit overdramatic for his own good and has a slightly inflated ego at times which can lead to oversights. But he is a passionate trainer with a love for his team and a desire to be the best he can be.
Pokémon:

Nickname: Sun
Species: Infernape
Personality: Hyperactive and with a battle-crazy, Sun is a bit of a hot-tempered Pokemon with a competitive intensity that makes him quite the handful. Both for his opponents and Nathan himself, but has a never say die attitude and passion in anything it tries.
Appearance: A scar under his left eye.
Favourite Move(s): Flame Wheel

Nickname: Otto
Species: Buizel
Personality: Serious and no-nonsense. Is by far the most serious member of the team, and tends to compete with a chip on its shoulder to prove its worth without the need to evolve.
Appearance: Normal
Favourite Move(s): Aqua Jet

Nickname: Violet
Species: Roserade
Personality: A bit of a showoff with a natural dramatic flair and a habit to tease. Loves to compete and look good doing it. Is the natural prankster but also is dedicated to the task at hand.
Appearance: Shiny
Favourite Move(s): Magical Leaf

Nickname: Lightning
Species: Luxray
Personality: A tough individual who acts as the big sister to the team, with a more level headed approach to situations. Though can be a bit of a slouch at times and has a certain sarcastic or "smart ass" wit about her.
Favourite Move(s): Thunder Fang

Nickname: Luna
Species: Togekiss
Personality: A kind and gentle soul who is by far the most encouraging and supportive of everyone on the team. A go getter who always gives it her all and tries to keep everyone's spirits up.
Favourite Move(s): Sweet Kiss

Nickname: Jaws
Species: Garchomp
Personality: A bit of a more timid Pokemon, shy in usual situations though when asked to step up does its absolute best & is a good teammate. Has a certain....aggressive side that makes him hard to control when his emotions run too high.
Favourite Move(s): Dragon Claw

~Rinko~

Alright I'll consider adding PC mons for cameos if need be. For now here is the main stars.

Name: Nathan Spenser
Hometown: Hearthome City, Sinnoh
Appearance: Dark skinned young man with spiky purple hair. With a grey top covered by a black long-sleeve jacket and a pair of blue jeans along with black tennis shoes.
Personality: Every bit as competitive as he is eccentric, he loves to win with style as he mixes the battling intensity of a Badge Collector and the flair of a Coordinator. Can be a bit overdramatic for his own good and has a slightly inflated ego at times which can lead to oversights. But he is a passionate trainer with a love for his team and a desire to be the best he can be.
Pokémon:

Nickname: Sun
Species: Infernape
Personality: Hyperactive and with a battle-crazy, Sun is a bit of a hot-tempered Pokemon with a competitive intensity that makes him quite the handful. Both for his opponents and Nathan himself, but has a never say die attitude and passion in anything it tries.
Appearance: A scar under his left eye.
Favourite Move(s): Flame Wheel

Nickname: Otto
Species: Buizel
Personality: Serious and no-nonsense. Is by far the most serious member of the team, and tends to compete with a chip on its shoulder to prove its worth without the need to evolve.
Favourite Move(s): Aqua Jet

Nickname: Violet
Species: Roserade
Personality: A bit of a showoff with a natural dramatic flair and a habit to tease. Loves to compete and look good doing it. Is the natural prankster but also is dedicated to the task at hand.
Favourite Move(s): Magical Leaf

Nickname: Lightning
Species: Luxray
Personality: A tough individual who acts as the big sister to the team, with a more level headed approach to situations. Though can be a bit of a slouch at times and has a certain sarcastic or "smart ass" wit about her.
Favourite Move(s): Thunder Fang

Nickname: Luna
Species: Togekiss
Personality: A kind and gentle soul who is by far the most encouraging and supportive of everyone on the team. A go getter who always gives it her all and tries to keep everyone's spirits up.
Favourite Move(s): Sweet Kiss

Nickname: Jaws
Species: Garchomp
Personality: A bit of a more timid Pokemon, shy in usual situations though when asked to step up does its absolute best & is a good teammate. Has a certain....aggressive side that makes him hard to control when his emotions run too high.
Favourite Move(s): Dragon Claw
Okay, looks neat! Accepted!

~Rinko~

Oh that would be perfect! Buizel's entire story is his need to prove he is as good as any Floatzel despite being a Buizel so if we did pair up this would be a must have battle.
Ooh, that'd be interesting; but then again, the brackets will be randomised before the first round so there's no telling who anyone will get paired up with so that might not happen :'| (I hope it does though... it'd be cool to see)

~Rinko~

Speaking of the first round, do we fight each other right away or go through a preliminary round or two against some NPCs?
You fight each other right away, though the RP won't just be the tournament, there'll be some chatting and exploring Solaurea City before the tournament starts in the RP.
I'll post a map of it once I stop procrastinating lol. :)

You fight each other right away, though the RP won't just be the tournament, there'll be some chatting and exploring Solaurea City before the tournament starts in the RP.
I'll post a map of it once I stop procrastinating lol. :)

Well, I'd hope so. Would hate for the people who go out the first round to just well be it for them early before they get any fun out of it XD

~Rinko~

Honestly beyond just friendly chatter maybe we can consider some small B-plot for the eliminated trainers in the city itself to give them something to do beyond spectate. Just a suggestion though don't quote me.
That would be interesting, any suggestions on what it could be exactly would be neat!

I have a question, will each bracket happen simultaneously? Or go one by one, bracket per bracket?
One by one, like tournaments in the anime.

I think I know someone who would be interested in this RP, I'm going to @ her eventually, okay?
Yeah! That's okay.

I would like to join.
Name: Alice
Age(14+): 14
Hometown: Iki Town
Appearance: Black hair, tan skin, Brown eyes. She wears a white shirt with a blue jean skirt
Personality: No nonsense, the thrill of the battle can be very strong to her, she's a bit hot-headed, and won't except a lost
Pokémon:

Nickname: Rocky
Species: Lycanrok (day)
Personality: he's stubborn, proud, and thinks he's the best
Appearance:N/A
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Accelerock

Nickname: Frost
Species: Ninetails (Alolan)
Personality: she's gentle, kind, and a bit proud
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam

Nickname: Winper
Species: Wishiwashi
Personality: N/A
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Aqua Tail

Nickname: Sizzle
Species: Sladazzle
Personality: Takes enjoyment from watching others suffer
Favourite Move(s) (optional): N/A

Nickname: Lulu
Species: Raichu (Alolan)
Personality: (I would prefer to show rather than tell)
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Thunderbolt

Nickname: Archer
Species: Decidueye
Personality: Very quiet, not much else is known
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Razor Leaf, Pluck

~Rinko~

I would like to join.
Name: Alice
Age(14+): 14
Hometown: Iki Town
Appearance: Black hair, tan skin, Brown eyes. She wears a white shirt with a blue jean skirt
Personality: No nonsense, the thrill of the battle can be very strong to her, she's a bit hot-headed, and won't except a lost
Pokémon:

Nickname: Rocky
Species: Lycanrok (day)
Personality: he's stubborn, proud, and thinks he's the best
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Accelerock

Nickname: Frost
Species: Ninetails (Alolan)
Personality: she's gentle, kind, and a bit proud
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Blizzard, Dazzling Gleam

Nickname: Winper
Species: Wishiwashi
Personality: N/A
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Aqua Tail

Nickname: Sizzle
Species: Sladazzle
Personality: Takes enjoyment from watching others suffer
Favourite Move(s) (optional): N/A

Nickname: Lulu
Species: Raichu (Alolan)
Personality: (I would prefer to show rather than tell)
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Thunderbolt

Nickname: Archer
Species: Decidueye
Personality: Very quiet, not much else is known
Favourite Move(s) (optional): Razor Leaf, Pluck
Yup, accepted! Just need three more participants.

Also finished a map that I'll post once we have a couple more participants.