• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Festival of Stars

"The stakes are no matter." Kalseng said, his voice harsh and deep. "Pointless fools amke stakes over pokemon battles. The consequences are to be decided later. Now, fighting is the way we'll do this." Kalseng said, his Haunter holding his icy gaze.

[[Finsih this in a sec. Gotta mow yard]]

"Now now Hitoshi was it? You don't expect me to take those stakes.....do you? How about this, we win, you leave the tournament alone, I'll even let you rob a store or two. You win however, we will stay out of your way...." Cody trailed off, staring at Tyson, who by now Silver should have thwapped in the gonads.

Espy looked at Cody intensly, as if saying "ARE YOU MAD?!?!?!"

"Now," Cody said, looking back and fourth between Hitoshi and Tyson, "Which one of you should I beat on?"

[OOC: See ya, Kalseng ^^]

"It's your choice," Hitoshi shrugged. "I have no problem going against any of you." He then turned to Tyson, who seemed to have disappeared. Peering down upon the ground, the large executive had doubled over and was appearing to be in...pain.

"What in the world is wrong with you? Get up!" Domino shrieked at the over-sized Rocket. He then jumped to his feet and growled at the girl. Before a fight could break out, Hitoshi spoke.

"Who is most willing to see their pokemon in utmost...anguish?"

"Will you slow down?!!" Rosa screamed, losing distance due to the fact that swinging a broom takes a lot of energy out of running.

"No!" Rosie shouted, "Put down the broom!" She glanced over her shoulder and slowed her pace just a tad.

"Absolutely not! Now, get-hey! Let go!!" Sweetie had somehow managed to use Vine Whip and was trying to wrestle the broom away from Rosa. Rosie stopped, put her hands on her knees, and took in great gulps of air. She managed to look up for a few seconds, then widened her eyes.

"Uh, guys?" She asked. No answer, but then again, no one has a lot of things to say during a furious battle of Tug-o-War. At times Rosa jerked so hard that Sweetie flew off the ground, but somehow the Chikorita kept a strong hold of the broom. "Guys?" Rosie asked louder, she was ignored by all but Sparky and Volts. They padded over to her, wondering what was wrong. Rosie pointed behind her, "See for yourself." she said. Then, she turned to the struggling trainer and pokemon. "Oh will you just quit it already?!" She shouted, losing patience.

CRACK! Rosa and Sweetie flew apart, both landing on their backs. Rosa sat up first, staring dumbfounded at the piece of wood in her hands, on end was jagged where the handle snapped. Sweetie on the other hand, still held onto the other piece of the broom.

"Okay, not that I have your attention. Don't you think we should be paying attention to something else? Like Team Rocket?" Rosie exclaimed, standing over both with her hands on her hips, looking rather mad. Just the fact that Rosie was mad made Rosa go numb.

"Wait, Team Rocket? In Jhoto? Oh crap!" As if the sudden full realiztation of the situation hit her, Rosa bounced up to her feet alost like an Igglybuff and sprinted alongside Rosie and their four pokemon companions to where the group had settled.

"Who is most willing to see their pokemon in utmost...anguish?" Hitoshi sneered, scanning the intrepid group.

Daniel put his calmest foot forward, motioning for Scyther to follow. "Scyther hasn't had a battle in who know's how long, ripping your pokemon to shreds should to ample practice for the tournament." Daniel said, pulling on the collar of his suit.

"I get dibs on that punk!" Domino pointed menacingly at Daniel. "I'll wipe the ground clean with him!"

He turned to Domino, who stared at him, teeth bared, and eye slightly twitching. "And dibs you shall have, my lady." He said, bowing deeply. Scyther grinned and mimicked his trainer's actions, spreading his arm-scythes wide and bowing deeply.

"Ladies first, my dear." He cooed, motioning towards the adjacent lake.

Domino's amethyst eyes glittered with fury; without hesitation she began to walk towards the battle grounds. Hitoshi watched the girl walk away with an apathetic expression across his face, unconcerned of her battle; he was only thinking of his 'delightful game.' The girl finally reached where she was supposed to be standing, in position and ready to fight. She reached underneath of her cap and revealed an dark pokeball with an 'R' labeled across the top.

"I only...caught...this pokemon yesterday. I don't usually battle with pokemon, but I think I should win this. This pokemon did belong to a top pokemon trainer, after all." Domino sneered pompously at Daniel, tossing the pokeball playfully into the air and catching it in repetition.

"I'll take on Hitoshi." Kalseng said. His horrid gaze tore at Hitoshi making her quake at Kalseng's gaze. "If there's someone I want to fight, it's her." Kalseng ordered. His face barely had to adjust to the seriousness. He stared the woman directly in the face, reading everything he could about the woman. He knew just about everything he had to. He turned to cody and daniel.

"Pick your opponents." He ordered flatly.

OOC- Isn't Hitoshi a dude?

"Pick your opponents." Kalseng ordered flatly.

"No argument here, Kal." Daniel agreed. He turned back to Domino, who was bouncing a freshly stolen pokeball in her hand. He winked coyly at her and blew her a two-fingered kiss. "Before we battle, why don't we get a chance to get to know each other first? Perhaps a jaunt on the beach while Scyther tears that poor, unfortunate pokemon to shreds, hm?" He jested coyly.

"I think I'll take on the lovely lady, Domino." Daniel shouted back to Kalseng. "Now," he said, turning his attention back to Domino. "What sort of foul excuse of a pokemon do you have in there, my lovely?" He cooed, his eyes dancing in playful jest. "By the way, once I beat the tar out of you, I shall endeavour to return that pokemon to it's former trainer." He said, smiling merrily.

((Hitoshi is a guy....XD))

"Guess that leaves me with you Tyson, how're those 'nads?" Cody said with a flat out smirk. Silver was rolling on the ground laughing at this, he was quite proud of himself. Espy, too thought that though this humar was below her, was funny. She smiled.

"We'll wait until Daniel and Domino are done though, too many battles at once are....confusing" (Especialy if you're playing three characters.....)

[This happens after Tyson or whoever replies to him]
Cody tossed the Ultraball he had in his hand, "That doesn't mean I trust you thought." Cody hopped upon his Salamence, and He, Espy, and Silver all flew up, across the lake, and landed on the other side. This way, he could watch the battles, and make sure nobody pulled anything.

[[Fine, but i want a multi battle with Cody later!]]

Kalseng realized how tricky things could get with all three of them fighting. A multi-Battle was manageable with four people. But six? Kalseng that was wrong. Kalseng backed up against a tree, and viewed the battle from up close. He knew that he couldn't steel himself twice, because once was okay, and it seperated himself from the battle. But twice, and he was one with the personality.

"Let's wait, Hitoshi." Kalseng said, smiling.

[[@Daniel No, you silly!]]

OOC-Daniel, I guess you could play as Domino, it would make things much easier on Scarabi, she already said Domino was up for grabs too! Now, I must do something to make this post not pointless.....))

As Cody sat across the lake, he was eager for the battle to unfold. Daniel and Domino, it should be a fairly good match. Domino was famous for being ruthelss, Danil on the other hand, Cody ad no idea. He was certainly enjoying poking at he verbally though. Cody leant agaisnt Dream to keep from laying on the grass. Espy sat in his lap, and Silver was on top of Dream's head, taking a nap.

For a moment, Cody was at peace. He had managed to forget how important these battles were. He had three Pok

Domino placed herself on one edge of a small inlet of the lake, the lakewater lapping carelessly at her black, Rocket-regulation boots. She had a mean look that would make a Charizard blush, staring at Daniel.

Daniel flourished his hand and bowed again. "Dear lady, will you not open the pokeball and see what poor beast you have subdued there?" He jaunted. Domino remained silent, merely tossing the dark ball up and down, catching it repetitively.

In a sudden fit of anger, Domino lurched, launching the pokeball at the ground. The pokeball opened in a flash of dark blue light, exposing the winged form of it's inhabitant.

"Gliscor!" The newly emerged pokemon roared, snapping it's twin pinsirs together. "Ah, a Gliscor." Domino said in a rather pompous manner, not taking her burning gaze off of Daniel. "These things are tough as nails, and quick to boot." She sneered, an evil grin forming on her lips.

"True enough, my dear." Daniel countered, his eyes still glistening merrily. "But Scyther's faster." He said bluntly. "Scyther, use Agility!" Daniel commanded. Scyther happily obliged.

Scyther flew at the hovering Gliscor, his expression hard as steel. Every couple feet, Scyther seemed to teleport, he was moving so fast. The Gliscor looked around nervously, trying in vain to spot its opponent.

Within the second, Scyther appeared behind the Gliscor, his arm-blade caressing the back of the terrified pokemon's neck.

"Your move, my dear." Daniel cooed, winking once again at an infuriated Domino.

((Erm....your battle should move pretty quickly Daniel, you're controlling both...lol)

Silver was the first to notice. An amazingly quick battle began the instant a Gliscor appeared hovering above the ground. Silver had leaped off Dream's head, and began dancing, cheering Scyther and Danil on. From the sudden disturbance, Dream reared her head into the air, and unleashed a flamethrower. To others, it probably looked like cheering. Cody finally caught on, probably from the earth rumbling as Dream landed her front to feet on the ground. He stood up, but didn't yell anything. He just stood, smiling like a kid in a candy store.

Espy was the last to notice. She had found herself a nice rock, and was curled up, resting in the sunlight. Waves from the lake created a mist that kept her from getting too hot. From the sudden noise of Dream's flame, she realized that a battle had begun. She opened one eye, watched the first part of the battle, and closed it again.

Domino stood, her infuriated face getting redder and redder with each passing second. The fact that Daniel had cornered her freshly stolen pokemon within a matter of seconds was maddening. She had to do something about it.

"Gliscor, you stupid animal! Use Aerial Ace, now!" She screamed at the quivering pokemon, who lept up in the air, closely followed by Scyther.

"Scyther, use Aerial Ace! Have a care and use the back of your scythes!" Daniel shouted after him. Scyther nodded, twisting his arms as he flew.

The two pokemon collided in midair, sparks flying from the pincirs and scythes. They broke apart, and slashed at each other again. Scyther flew like a supersonic jet, while Gliscor was cumbersome in the air at best. Whether it was intentional or not, Scyther eventually had his arm-blades wedged in Gliscor's pincirs, much to Domino's delight.

"Gliscor! Use Vicegrip, now!" She screamed at the pokemon, who fearfully obeyed. Gliscor squeezed Scyther's arm-blades until he couldn't squeeze anymore. Scyther grimaced in pain. Daniel looked up at Scyther with a worried expression on his face, Scyther peered back with an agonized grin. Daniel nodded.

At that moment, Scyther stopped flapping his wings. The awkward Gliscor could not support both of them in the air, especially holding Scyther the way he was. The two began to plummet towards the earth. With skillful manipulation, Scyther manuvered (sp?) himself to be on top of Gliscor, his legs wrapped around the pokemon's purple body.The two fell closer to the ground, gaining speed with each passing second.

WHAM!

A dust cloud exploded in the area, obscuring Domino's and Daniel's sight. As the dust settled, the winner of the bout was revealed. Scyther stood, buzzing his wings and clashing his arm-blades together, with one foot on the unconcious Gliscor. He stared at Domino in a 'go ahead, make my day,' sort of way.

Domino fell to her knees, pulling at her golden locks of hair. "I can't believe it! Beaten by a scrawny kid in a suit!" She screamed. "No. I'm not beaten yet." She sneered at the victorious Scyther. "You shall be mine!" She bellowed, pitching her patented pokemon electro-nets at Scyther. Before Daniel or Scyther could react, Scyther was intwined in the electric net, squirming furiously. "Haha! Now you're-" She didn't get to finish the sentence.

Almost simotaniously, Daniel's three remaining pokemon charged at Domino. Rhydon reached her first, wrenching her up by the scruff of the neck easily ten feet off the ground, with Arbok and Nidorino viscously hissing and barking underneath.

Rather odd for Rhydon, his usually laughing, care-free eyes were replaced with a stoney stare of hatred. Rhydon was not amused. He spun his drill-horn threateningly.

"Okay! Okay! I give!" Domino stammered, scrambling for the net's release button. Rhydon began to growl, and she scrambled faster. Finally, she pressed the button, releasing Scyther from the net. "There, there! All better now?" Domino yelped, her limbs flailing. Rhydon simply snorted. He heaved his heavy body to one side, and threw Domino into the lake, her screaming all the way down. Somehow, her trademark barret hat was seperated from her head, and it floated down to the water's surface. Before that could happen, Scyther lashed out with another Aerial Ace, slicing the black hat in two.

As Domino surfaced and salvaged the remains of her hat from the water, she began to cry, her tears mizing with the tranquil lakewater.

(Tah dahh! What do you think of my first time?)

[OOC: Lol, very good. Rofl, I changed my avatar to Hitoshi so no one gets confused of Hitoshi's gender anymore XD And thanks for taking over as Domino.]

Hitoshi stood afar from the match, his arms crossed over his chest in a sense of superiority. His lips were silent, but his narrowed gaze hissed in annoyance of the girl's childish antics and uselessness. Tyson stood next to him, yet he found himself glaring at the other trainers.

"Hitoshi, help me!" Domino cried out, splashing about like a small child. The boy merely glared at the girl with the same expression he had been wearing the whole time.

"Quit messing around, 009! You lost, but I think a loser is perfectly capable of getting out of the water by herself." His expression was cold, unmoved by the girl's distress. Domino bit her bottom lip, hurt by the harsh statement.

"Loser...?" She thought to herself in disappointment and anger. She wanted to sink to the bottom of the lake right there and then from the humilaition of both the battle and the rejection.

[OOC: I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but anyone can also use Tyson. If I didn't make up the character, they're up for anyone ^_^ ]

Kalseng pulled himself from the base of a particularly musty Oak tree and took quick deliberate steps as he approached Domino. His harsh, steely eyes loked her straight into hers, and she couldn't move, petrified by Kalseng's hard gaze. "Yes," Kalseng's voice was harsh and sharp "Loser. You lost the battle. Now is no time for shame. Now you need to pick youself back up, and train more until losing is never again an issue when you battle." Kalesng spoke only what he knew of battling. It was all in all a serious affair. Lives were always on the line, and no one was ever to take it lightly. Kalseng extended his hand to Domino kindly. "But don't think that menas you can't have help along the way." Kalseng's hard face broke for a moment as he let a small smile show. Domino grabbed onto Kalseng's hand, and he hoisted her back up.

"Now, Daniel, Hitoshi," Kalseng referred to both of the trainers, keeping his voice loud and proud to hold Daniel's attention from across the lake. "If you two are done Dawdling, we can get this battle over with. Tyson, that goes for you ttoo." Kalseng ordered.

Cody was standing up, cheering for Daniel. He had done quite an amazing job. Silver too, was cheering. Breackdancing, perhaps more so then in the main lobby. Dream had launched herself into the air, and was flying in large circles. With each wingbeat, she realeased a spurt of flame, almost creating a circle of fire below the midday. The sky itself, was a pure blue only capable in areas with clean air. With the flame as well, it was truly an awe inspiring sight.

"Tyson!" Cody yelled. The large man turned around to face him, "How about we go at it next?" Tyson got a large, evil grin on his face.

"You'll regret this punk!" He called, then whispering, "So will your 'nads...." He ran to the edge of the lake, and more then likely purpsofulley spat on Domino. Seeing that she, can you believe it cared about the spit on her head, he gvae her one of those fake smiles. Then, he hit his fist into his palm again. That got Domino to calm down.

"Dream, settle down girl, let's get across the lake," Cody said, motioning with his head across the lake. Next instant, Cody, Espy, and Silver were on Dream, as they flew across the lake.

" 'Ello Tyson," Cody said tossing a Pok

Hitoshi glanced over at Kalseng; it was more than likely that he would be pit against the younger boy. He waited for Tyson and Cody to complete their battle, observing them with patience and composure. He watched Domino climb out of the water, her face a maroon shade from both embarrassment and the exertion of energy. The Rocket admin then gazed into the sky, seeing that the shade of blue had grown darker; they must have been here for quite sometime. He silently demanded for Tyson to win this match, because if he failed as well, then Team Rocket will have lost. And in Hitoshi's eyes, Team Rocket never loses.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
OOC: Damn! You guys had all the fun while I was stuck working this weekend! :o And let me tell ya, 2 pages of catch up is no walk in the park either. :'(

Aerodactyl raced through the air carrying Brian and Axel on his back. Earlier this morning when Brian woke up their had been a message on his Poketch from Cody talking about a secret Team Rocket plot to ruin the festival. After waking up Axel, getting dressed, and gathering all his stuff, Brian summoned his resident flier to take them to the forest mentioned in the message.

"I hope I'm not too late." said the trainer not knowing how many Rockets there were or how many of his friends had answered the call (yes I saw that commercial too). "Faster Aerodactyl!" ordered Brian.

"Do we have a plan?" inquired Axel.

"Yes. I'm going to drop you off before we get to the fight. Then when I enter the Rockets will think I'm alone with Aerodactyl. That's when I give the signal and you perform a suprise attack." Brian explained. Suddenly the trainer heard a terrible scream like an Arbok in pain. "I hope that's not Daniel's!"

Finally they were close enough that they could see the battle from the sky while still well hidden by trees. Brian let out a sigh of releif when he realized it was just Espy taking out a Rocket's Arbok. "Here will be a good place." he said calmly. Aerodactyl decended enough for the Infernape to jump off and grab a tree branch. Axel began swinging from tree to tree to get to the battle.

Afew moments later the trainers in the clearing looked up as the Prehistoric Pokemon flew over the field casting its shadow. Aerodactyl disappeared in a fash of red light allowing the trainer to free fall to the ground. He crouched to brace the impact. He looked as if he was kneeling and had his arms spread wide. He slowly rose trying to dramatize the momment. After regaining his posture he began looking around.

"Who the hell is this guy?" barked Tyson. Brian simply ignored the brawny man as he surveyed the area. Cody, Daniel, and Kalseng were present, along with three others, presumably Rockets. Brian couldn't help himself as his mouth curved into a cocky grin.

"Sorry I'm late guys." he said appaligeticly. "Wha'd I miss?"

OOC: I'm back baby! ;D

"You're late," Kalseng said, almost as if it were a sin. "There are no excuses for a such a horrendous act." Yup. Definitely taking it as if it were a sin. "You missed Daniel's battle, and Cody's is all but done." Kalseng's hard gaze didn't waver for a single moment. It was an icy gaze that he had learned from a trainer's frosslass once, and had perfected while learning from Haunter. The gaze lacked any form of ghostly torturing ability, but it was plenty torture coming from a human. He locked Daniel's sight, not letting him free.

"Now, sit down, you're making a fool of yourself." Kalseng read into Daniel's mind, and saw something, a flash. His eyes broke from kalseng's gaze and reflected his pokemon. "Don't try anything rash either, or I might have to repremand (sp) you with Haunter's help." Kalseng informed him.

"Hitoshi!" Kalseng called, without breaking the gaze. "Pick your pokemon. I want to know what I'll be facing. If you tell me, I'll tell you my choice." Kalseng said flatly.

Psycho Monkey

Brian stood frozen as Kalseng spoke such harsh words. He was neither scared nor angry, more like shocked that the good natured Kalseng he had met at the diner the day before had pulled a complete 180.

"Jeez, what's up his butt?" Brian questioned sarcasticly under his breath. All he could figure was that Kalseng had an unpleasent history with Team Rocket to the point that he wanted blood. Brian leaned against a near by tree and got ready to watch the up coming match. Perhaps it would be wise for Axel to stay put for now. Better only one of them be on Kalseng's bad side. That and Brian didn't want to be chewed and spit out again.

[[Psycho Monkey, you don't understand. Go read the latest posts in the beginning of destiny: Hoenn chapters. and you'll see what you're up against. It's scary.]]

Kalseng heard the whisper under Brian's breath, and turned to face him. His cold, sony glare took hold again, and his lips turned down into a convoluted frown of distaste. "Listen here," Kalseng ordered. "Battling is a serious afair. We have no time for such antics. And I thought you of all people would know when facing an opponent to retain your own steeled soul." Kalseng was lecturing. He was lecturing. Why he was doing it, even Kalseng himself didn't know.

Haunter stood back, unable to confront his trainer. Right now, it was his job to do his best at battling, no matter what Kalseng did. He knew that if he were to stop him, that Haunter would get torn up next time this side of Kalseng came out. So Haunter stood, patiently awaiting the arrival of the battle, shifting from side to side, avoiding conflict, letting Kalseng go.

"Now pull this whimsical side of yourself together and put it aside." Kalseng was glaring spitefully at Brian. "Now, I'm going to turn back to the battle, and you're going to be more calm now, aren't you?" Kalseng asked, spitting the last words out like venom from a snake.

[[Psycho Monkey, I sorry. Just let Kalseng be Kalseng right now.]]

A silky laugh was released into the air. Hitoshi found amusement in the two trainers' arguement.

"If this continues, then I won't be needed to tear your little group apart." The Rocket leered viciously at the two boys. "And, Kalseng, was it? I will gladly tell you who I will be sending out. I may be a thief, but I am one who favors fairness, as you have already witnessed," Hitoshi explained. "Let's go to the lake, and I will tell you."

Kalseng smiled happily. He looked Hitoshi in the face, his eyes still hard and cold. "Alright. Let's go." Kalseng replied flatly. He was sick of all of this pre-battle crap. He took quick, demanding paces over to the lake, and stopped as they approached it, standing himself on the beach. "Come here and tell me. I'm anxious to find out." Kalseng's face showed no humor, no sarcasm, no anxiousness. Haunter obediantly followed Kalseng to the lake, a feeling in the pit of his stomach that he was going to be picked. But he would use thunderbolt, and that made it all worthwhile.

"Oh good!" Cody called noticing the arrival of Brian. He put Espy back in her Pok

((What happened to the rest of my post?!!??! Hmm...strange...*twilight zone music*))

"Alright, then..." Hitoshi spread his arms out to his sides, as if presenting himself for the first time. "I will be starting with Sneasel. He's not my strongest, but surely the most...zealous." He stood across from Kalseng, waiting for the boy's response. Domino and Tyson seemed to be wimpering by the sidelines, giving angered glances to the opponents in which they had lost to while simultaneously observing the battle.

Kalseng thought for a moment. One advantage over ice, but it was a long shot. If this trainer was as good as he seemed, this would be a true challenge. Kalseng smiled, truly smiled. "Haunter will be my choice. Summon your pokemon, and you can have the very first move." Kalseng offered, devilishly smiling and pacing his hearbeat. He didn't want to give away his anxiety.

"Haunter." Kalseng called in a monotone. Haunter floated out, holding its body up easily and effortlessly, maintaining a maliciously red glow. "Summon and play." Kalseng said, turning his shoulder in a 'come at me' kind of way.

"Kal's never like this..." Cody said to Brian, "I seriously wanna know what's up with 'im...." Kalseng's haunter effortlesly floated in front of him, glowing red, an evil red, that almost seemed to stain the air around it with blood.

Cody's memories faded to what happened the last time he saw a trainer like this,,,

~~
The fighting between the two dragons was intense(sp?) Dragonite and Salamence, roaring, clashing in the air. Hyper beam colisions made explosions several times. One trainer had flown in on a shining Salamence of his own, and Cody decided he would let him handle things. That and, Cody never really liked Rustboro, and wouldn't mind that much if the dragons did some damage.

Suddenly, a Haunter flew up to the fighting Salamence. It's hands pierced it's stomach, and Will-O-Whisped it's internals. Flames shot out it's mouth and nostrils, writhing in pain. A few minutes later, the same thing happened with Dark Pulse. With this, Cody thought the Salamence was dead. He looked to the ground from the balcony he was on, and saw the Haunters trainer. Being able to watch no more, he went back inside the building....~~

And with that, he realized what Kalseng might do to this Sneasel.

[[Cheater. XP We have met before haven't we? Time to strike a pose.]]

Kalseng flaired out his cape, and adjusted his hat. He did this last time he was faced with an epic battle. He also did this the first time he was faced with one. His Haunter had been just as amazing then, with his haunter using moves Kalseng had never even thought of before he discovered this trait. So Kalseng stood for a moment, until his cape settled. He motioned out his hand to his Haunter, and signaled for him to come back.

"Let's try a will-o-wisp," Kalseng wispered. "Outside, just to soften him. Then..." Kalseng's breath quickened as his heart pounded. "We'll thunderbolt him, like with those dragons." Kalseng pulled back, and spoke for all to hear.

"This'll be more memorable than the dragon fight back in rustboro!!!" Kalseng said energetically.

Psycho Monkey

It was only during Kalseng's lecture did Brian truely see the darkness in Kalseng's eyes. It had been quite some time since Brian saw eyes like that. Cold and emotionless, they were just like Deoxys, a mutant Pokemon Brian had faught on the Sevii Islands over a year ago. The Psychic Pokemon was the most formidable opponent Brian had ever faced in battle. After defeating all of Brian's Pokemon, Deoxys simple disappeared. Was it no longer interested or had it been satisfied with the out come? To this day Brian knew not the answer.

"Battling is a serious afair. We have no time for such antics." Kalseng lectured. Brian simply stood there and took it. He knew when he needed to be serious and now was one of those times, but alittle bit of fun never hurt anyone. However, Brian decided to keep that bit to himself. Not knowing what would trigger the new Kalseng, Brian would rather not antaginize him further.

"Oh good!" called Cody. He ran up to Brian and explained the situation thus far.

"I see." Brian responded understandingly. "I'm glad you guys have done so well. By the sound of it these Rockets aren't really that big a threat. Either that or I've got some pretty fierce competion in the tournament." The last sentence, said in a joking mannor, was wispered so that only Cody and Daniel could hear him. Had Kalseng heard it would just mean another lecture.

"Kal's never like this..." Cody said to Brian, "I seriously wanna know what's up with 'im...." Brian was curious as well. What had been the initial trigger that turned the kind hearted Kalseng into a ruthless... the best word Brian could come up with was demon. Even Haunter reflected this change by glowing with a blood red aura. The hairs on the back of Brian's neck stood up. Something bad was coming, he could feel it. Riolu's Pokeball suddenly began violently vibrating. The young Pokemon must also be feeling this, probably even more so because of his ability to actually sense auras. Kalseng was about to battle the Rocket Executive known as Hitoshi who was using a Sneasle.

"This'll be more memorable than the dragon fight back in rustboro!!!" Kalseng said energetically. There was something about the way he said that and the darkness surounding Haunter that made Brian feel like he was about to watch a masacure.

OOC: Well I read the Hoen Chapters. My response: :o OMFG!!!!! :o Kalseng is one dangerous man! And the call me Psycho. I hope he can control himself in the tournament.

"Hey!" A loud shout got everyone attention. Rosa and Rosie came up, Rosa was holding a pokeball and Volts and Sparky were bristling their fur; Blaze's flames were sprung up on his back. "Who said you guys could battle without telling us?" Rosa asked in mock anger.

Rosie smiled and put her hands in her pockets. "Rosa doesn't like Team Rocket. But unfortunatly, it looks like all the battle positions have been taken? Or have they?" For once, Rosie actually looked hopeful at the idea of a battle. She scanned the clearing, wondering if there were more Rockets hiding in the bushes waiting to spring out at them.

Hitoshi unleashed a smug expression upon his face; he was using all of his strength to not laugh at this boy's presentation.

"Nice introduction for the show. I'm sure you've got our audience on their toes." The Rocket chuckled lowly, gesturing towards the other trainers. "Let's see if you can follow up with the first act." Suddenly, the violet haired boy stomped his foot against the ground, and a pokeball flew into the air. Before having the chance for gravity to react to this object, Hitoshi lifted his leg and kicked it forwards. "Your master calls upon you...Sneasel!" As the pokeball was driven forward, a flash of light had been released. Emerging from this light was a silhouette of a small creature.

"Sneasel!" It cried; the pokemon somersaulted in the air, and then landed on its feet in an adroit style. It began to snicker under its breath, already planning its movements for the battle; it was almost like a game to him. Hitoshi stood yards behind the smirking pokemon, his expression rather similar. However, it soon grew solemn; the Rocket threw his arm out before him, and his hand and fingers were bent as if controlling puppet strings.

"Sneasel...faint attack."

In an instant, the mischievous pokemon faded into nothingness; it seemed to have vanished from the battlefield.

Daniel stared at Kalseng, watching his friend and fellow trainer turn into something significantly more... evil. Out of pure instinct, Daniel backed off quietly, joining his pokemon who sat in the shade of a willow tree near the edge of the lake.

Daniel sat next to his trusted Nidorino, who nudged Daniel's side with a long, purple ear, a raspy purr emenating from its throat.

"Hey!" An ear piercing cry shot thorughout the clearing, demanding attention. It was the twin trainers, Rosa and Rosie, accompanied by their pokemon. "Who said you guys could battle without telling us?" The one on the right scolded. "Rosa doesn't like Team Rocket. But unfortunately, it looks like all the battle positions have been taken? Or have they?" The one on the left seemed to trail off, seemingly anxious for a battle.

"Hm. Who, other than the people they bribe oh-so-efficiently, actually like Team Rocket." He questioned out lout, throwing a sour glace at Domino and Tyson, who were, respectively, wrapped up in Arbok's seemingly endless coils, and rather unhappily situated under Rhydon's rocky posterior. "There are both good and evil in people, as demonstrated by tall, dark and mysterious over there," He continued, motioning to Kalseng, "what defines us as people is which side we choose to follow. These Rockets chose the path of fear and remorse. For that, they don't even deserve pity." Daniel finished, the happy laughter in his eyes quickly evapourating. "Anyway, what did you say your names are?" He added, changing his demeanor to something a little less intense.

Unfortunately, he was not graced with an answer. Within the second, a horde of Rocket grunts leapt out from under the bushes, followed by a rather unique looking trainer, with a Cubone and a Scyther in tow.

"Now Cubo use bonemerang and Scythe use X Scissor!" The new trainer shouted as a pair of grunts released an Ekans and a Carnvine. "Hm. I sincerely hope these dopes aren't with you." Daniel growled at Domino and Tyson. "Nidorino," He said, and the purple, dog-like pokemon jumped to attention. "Help them out, will you? Don't be afraid to use your venom." He finished, winking ever-so-slightly as Nidorino dashed over to join the Scyther and Cubone.

"Scyther, you keep an eye on Domino and Tyson. Make sure they don't tr anything funny." Dan called over to Scyther, who nodded and clashed his arm-blades together in a threatening manner at the two Rockets. Domino smiled awkwardly, while Tyson simply grunted and squirmed under Rhydon's bulk.

Kasleng smiled, knowing of his Haunters abilities. Man, this trainer was in for a surprise. Kalseng's grin split his face. "Haunter, Psychic!" Kalseng ordered. Haunter closed his yes for a moment, and then opened them quickly. As he opened them, a patch of air began glowing, and then writhing, as if in pain. Sneasel slowly faded into sight, being tormented by the Psychic. Kalseng's smile beame sinister. "Now, Will-O-Wisp!" Kasleng ordered. Kalseng turned to the sneasel, and plunged his hands into the sneasel, phazing them into his stomach. This move was familliar to Kalseng, as he had used many a time before. Haunter focused the flames aronud his hands, and let them expand. Sneasel's eyes snapped open in pain, and the flames burned through his inards, until they phazed through him to the outside.

They converged on the sneasel, giving him a nasty burn. The psychic attack was still in effect, and Haunter used the attack to discard the sneasel like old trash.

[[OOC: Sneasel's not fainted yet. I'm not done yet, either.]]

Hitoshi began to applaud, his expression becoming filled with malicious delight. He then ceased his clapping and tossed his head to the side, flipping the long bangs on the right side of his face into a compromising position. The smirk he wore only tugged harder at the corner of his lips.

"Very, VERY impressive. I really do enjoy your battle style...I really do. Team Rocket could use someone like you, Kalseng." The violet haired boy then released a soft chuckle, dark and malevolent. "However, you're not there quite yet. Battle is not all about power and dominance. You need to strategize before hand, utilizing your pokemon to its full potential. Let me show you in our second act of this performance." A strong gust of wind blew through the treetops, and darkened leaves began to rapidly fall down from the skies. Hitoshi stood in silence, and his lips were unmoving, frozen in the same warped grin.

The agonizing Sneasel on the ground began to writhe, then fade from existence. There was no trace of it left, nothing at all. Suddenly, a dark shadow materialized right behind Haunter. It unleashed a dark aura inside of it, then dashed through the ghost pokemon. Sneasel slid feet away from the creature, unscratched, untouched. It folded its arms over it small chest and began to chuckle craftily, triumphant in its little scheme.

"Are you confused, boy?" Hitoshi called out. "What your Haunter had literally obliterated was Sneasel's Substitute. How's that for a plot twist in this play?" The Rocket Executive folded his arms over his chest just as Sneasel had just done. "You see, Sneasel did just use Faint Attack as I had just ordered it to; Faint Attack never misses and cannot be evaded. However, when I give Sneasel certain orders, each attack is coded so that it will use another one before hand. The attack it had used before Faint Attack was Substitute. Let's see if you can pick up the rest of the pieces of the puzzle..."

Kalseng chuckeld. And then laughed loudly. And then a storm of laughter filled the air. "You lecture me, and then expect nothing in return?" Kalseng gestrued to his Haunter, whom fizzled out of existance. "Haunter knew you were coming, and he Double Teamed it." Kalseng siad. To reinforce his point, the solid Haunter materialized next to Kalseng.

"Now..." Kalseng's face became sinister and evil once again. "Thunderbolt." Kalseng snickered. Haunter moved so quickly, he practically teleported. The ghost then appeared in front of Sneasel, and rammed his intangeable hands into it's skull, gripping it's brain. The shock was administered to the pokemon for a good 5 seconds, Sneasel seizing up due to the immense shock to his muscle control. "Now, Dark Pulse." Kalseng commanded, snickering. Haunter then concentrated the dark energy, and Sneasel's mind was blanketed with the dark force. His thoughts were clouded, and they corrupted in on each other, bringing out the evil to suffocate his brain. Haunter phazed out is still pulsing hands.

Then, Kalseng calmed ever so slightly as Sneasel fell to the ground, twitching.

[[OOC: Your choice on whether or not we continue. If you want this to be the last of it, okay. But Kalseng wouldn't oppose Sneasel standing up again, or a three on three.

[OOC: I'll carry it out a bit. But not to the point of ridiculousness XD ]

Sneasel continued to squirm upon the ground, visibly in great agony. Hitoshi gazed at his pokemon with narrowed eyes, a blank expression; his emotions were masked, unreadable. Then suddenly, Sneasel stopped all movement. It beared its sharp teeth with an impish smile, staring upwards at Haunter with a crazed expression.

"Sneasel, use Torment." The pokemon then began to follow the order, jumping to its feet as well. "Yes, that combination of attacks looked quite painful. However, Sneasel is quite the actor. But for future precautions, I would like to keep Dark Pulse at bay. Torment does not allow the opposing pokemon to use the same attack twice in a row." Hitoshi shrugged during his arrogant explanation, stating this fact unceremoniously. Suddenly, Sneasel performed the second 'code' attack. In its fist, it began to form a dark sphere. Leaping high into the air, Sneasel prepared to hit the Haunter. In a swift movement, it came down upon the ghost type, forcing the shadowy sphere to speed through Haunter as a bullet through cloth. As Sneasel fell to the ground, it landed on its hands, then flipped forwards, face to face with Kalseng's pokemon. "If you were wondering..." Hitoshi began. "...that was Shadow Ball. You and your Haunter may be familiar with that move."

Sneasel's expression became more outlandish, its claws fidgeting to attack once again. It then jumped into the air once again, higher than before. It began to descend after a moment, now a small dot in the cerulean sky.

"And for the finale...Payback." Hitoshi stated this loud enough only for Kalseng and the others on the ground to hear. Nevertheless, Sneasel's falling body began to radiate an immense dark aura, coming closer and closer to Haunter. Hitoshi began to hum a morbid tune in his throat as he watched Sneasel fall from above, his sneer refusing to leave his lips.

Sneasel had drawn even closer to Haunter, coming at him as a torpedo. He was only several feet away.

"Stop."

The dark pokemon's claws were only inches away from Haunter's face. It landed to its feet on the ground, and the dark aura surrounding it began to dim. Sneasel's expression became emotionless, no longer cunning. It continued to stare at Haunter.

"Payback is a rather terrible attack. It doubles the damage that one has recieved to give back in return to the other pokemon. After what your Haunter did to my Sneasel, the result would not be, shall we say, easy on the eyes?" The Rocket raised a pokeball out before him, aiming it at Sneasel. "Besides, dark types have an advantage against ghost types. And this was only a fun fight, after all. I am in no way to be here for a massacre. At least, not today." After saying this, he had forced Sneasel to return inside of its pokeball. Hitoshi slid the item back into his boot, then tapped his toe against the ground to make sure that it was secure. "The show has been left at a cliff-hanger. Perhaps...there will be a sequel? I suppose it depends on the reception." Hitoshi began to chuckle lightly, then turned to face his associates...who were not in good positions at all.

"Hitoshi! Help me!" Domino shrieked angrily. She held onto her metal black tulip and gritted her teeth, seething as she thought without success of how to escape Scyther.

"In laymans terms, I forfeit. This was enough fun for one day." He continued to speak to Kalseng, ignoring Domino's cries. "You may have your little festival. Team Rocket can retrieve pokemon in other ways."

"No." Kalseng demanded, stopping Hitoshi. "I won't win like this. Haunter will continue fighting." Kalseng saw his Haunter glance back and smile. "Hitoshi, you'd better continue this fight." Kalseng was almost threatening now. "I swear, if you walk away, it'll be my life's work to take you and Team Rocket down." Kalseng was now yelling in severe anger. This wasn't gonna end pretty for anyone if Kalseng didn't get his fight.

"I find your wrath so entertaining...I will miss it. But maybe fortune will be on your side and you shall find me again one day. Besides, I have no intention of watching Sneasel becoming injured so severely that it would be useless to me. I must keep my pokemon in the best condition possible for Team Rocket. You'll understand one day." Hitoshi began to walk over towards Domino and Tyson; his expression became filled with disgust as he saw the Rockets in pitiful positions.