• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Fallen (Discussion)

Current members: @Ry_Burst, @Stormursa, @GreninjaTrainer013, @Charlespark, @DragonFlye, @Aon
RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-fallen.16049/

One day, across the world, strange black and purple portals appear. These portals suck up many people around the world and brings them to another - the land of Wyln. You are one of those trainers. Having with you (only if you want it) a single Pokemon - your partner - you have to try to get back to your home. The strange world you've landed in, however, is not some barren wasteland. It's a tropical paradise filled to the brim with Pokemon. The land is divided into a plethora of islands and has Pokemon colonies everywhere. These are (for the most part) independent from each other, and a quirk of fate causes each trainer to arrive in one. Some of these villages (the most important ones) protect a set of ruins, which contain inside of it an elemental amulet. These amulets are the key, and only those chosen by the amulet can use its elemental power. Bonding with the Pokemon and teaming up with your fellow trainers will be the only way to return to the regular world of Pokemon.

That description should adequately sum up the basis of the RP. So yeah! First thing we need to do is make a character sheet. Details are below, with tips and advice for how to make it.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Age: (Ideally between 10 and 12, but I won't stop you from being a different age.)
Element: (This is the element that you'll get when you get your amulet.)
Traits: (Traits are special buffs your character gets, but a positive trait must be balanced by a negative trait. For example, you could be strong and oblivious, or smart and frail. But please don't have them cancel each other out by doing, per say, fast and slow. That's just dumb.)
Appearance:
Pokemon: (You can begin the journey with a single Pokemon you bring with you from your world.)
Future Pokemon: (Pokemon that can bond with you and accompany you on your journey.)
Homeland: (Put down the town, then the region. If you're on an island or in Alola, put down the name of the island as well.)
Village: (Where your character stays for a while after arriving in this new world.)

Now for some rules.
1) You must meet a certain standard of RPing quality to join. This means you should have been in at least one RP before, and be able to RP well. If I know first-hand that you're good at RPing, then no worries. If we've never RPed together, though, then you;ll need to provide me with a sample of your previous RP writing.
2) Outside of the amulet, your character must be a normal human. If you want to request a special role (i.e. former Gym Leader, Champion, etc.) then PM me with your role and why you want it. No promises, though.
3) NO GODDAMN ONE-LINERS (unless you can't put down anything else whatsoever).
4) Megas are allowed in acceptance of the RP rules, but you can't create a new Mega Stone. The Amulets double as Key Stones, so don't worry about that part. In order to use Megas, you must first have them accepted by both the Charms staff and me.
5) Pokemon from Wlyn must CHOOSE to go with your trainer. There aren't any Pokeballs here, either.
6) You can create islands/villages, but you must ask me first and give me a relatively detailed description of the island. I need to OK it first.
7) Sadly, there is only one of each amulet. This means that you cannot have the same Element as another person.
8) Z-Moves will be allowed, as the Amulets can also work as Z-Crystals. The Z-Moves are element exclusive, however. No using Bloom Doom with the Amulet of Water!
9) As with the games, there will be a limit of 6 Pokemon.
10) Outside of your beginning Pokemon, you can only have 3 fully-evolved Pokemon join your team. This rule doesn't extend to the Pokemon evolving, though, as everyone will probably have fully-evolved teams by the end of the journey.
11) Evolution must be gradual, and have logic behind why and how the Pokemon evolves. We can't have a Pokemon evolve twice in a day because it felt like it.
If there's any loop-holes or missing things that should be added, let me know!

So I think that's all that's necessary for now. I'll create my character later, as I don't have much time left. So yeah! Let's get this started!

Last edited:
Name: Ronnie Mills
Element: Poisen?
Traits: he's very agile but stubborn, often sticking to his side in an arguement or thinking he's right
Appearance: short black hair, blue eyes, wears a green vip up hoodie, red tanktop, grey shorts and black hiking boots
Pokemon: Stunky
Future Pokemon: gloom, tentacruel, crobat
Homeland: virbank unova
Village: Bonebrill

Can I have two characters?

Last edited:
Name: Harper Gibbs (sometimes goes by Harp or Blu)
Element: rock
Traits: Harper is very laid-back and doesn't get scared very easily. She's fairly adventurous, but not one to poke danger with a stick (I guess...? xD ). Very protective to those she knows and loves, Harper's curious side does sometimes get the best of her, putting her in awkward situations more often than not.
Appearance: Harper has light blue-dyed hair that deepens the color of her darker blue eyes. She's fairly skinny, if not a bit underweight, and her skin is a tawny color. Blu wears a purple striped sweater (with, like, darker-colored stripes and junk), leggings, and combat boots. Accessories include a pendant around her neck, a pair of "hipster" glasses, and those cat ear headphone things, usually also around her neck.
Pokemon: Cubone
Future Pokemon: Lileep, Corsola, Carbink, Tyrunt (if fossil Pokemon are allowed)
Homeland: Cerulean City, Kanto
Village: Kilead

I've already written forms for both Blu and her partner, so here's that one, I guess. :p
Pokemon Name: Albus
Species: Cubone
Ability: Bone Head
Personality: Head-strong, brave, and always one to start a fight, Albus is the exact opposite of the stereotypical Cubone. He can be very loud, and he considers his scarf a staple and symbol of his strength.
Identifying Features: He wears a little red scarf around his neck.

I know there are things in this that I need to change, so go ahead and let me know just what those things are, alright?

Last edited:
Name: Benjamin "Benjy" Hall
Element: Fire
Traits: Stuborn, and never gives up. Benjy hates to lose but loves to take risks. He is a gambler.
Appearance: Benjy has short brown hair, and wears a fedora. He wears a grey shirt with a brown leather jacket over it. He wears black jeans and brown hiking boots.
Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Future Pokemon: Typlosion (Cyndquil evolved), Rotom (normal), Talonflame, Cubchoo
Homeland: Blackthorn City, Joho
Village: ???

Last edited:
Well, this should be interesting. I've decided to add more information to the Pokémon since there are quite a bit of things behind him here.

Trainer Information:
Name:
Her name is Zolia Calio.
Element: She will be getting the Dragon elemental amulet.
Traits: Although Zolia's intelligence allows her to get most conventional tasks done with ease, she often has a hard time being able to reason with others; especially towards others that are rather intimidating. She can be rather caring to her Pokémon, but she tends to spoil them however; which she often does get carried with. She is slightly faster than the average person her age, but however, she tends to stay back from risk-taking situations if possible.
Appearance: Standing at a short height of three feet and eleven inches, Zolia has a skinny build and a light body that lacks any muscles whatsoever. She has pale blond hair, green eyes, and small freckles scattered on her nose. She wears a gray sweatshirt with a hoodie and has on black skorts that extend down to her knees. She wears brown leathery boots and has on a tan nylon shoulder bag that is around her left shoulder.
Pokémon: She has a Jangmo-o with her. (See below for more information.)
Future Pokémon: She will also be having a Noibat and a Shuckle in the future.
Homeland: Her homeland is located in the Seafolk Village, which is located in Poni Island, which is furthermore in the region of Aloha.
Village:
To start off, the Village's name is Numounkaual, as the originality of this name I made stems from the Hawaiian language that has the combinations of the words Dragon (Moʻo Nui) and Village (Kauhale) in that language. All the other people in the discussion are free to come to the village, as long as they ask for my permission.

The Village is a bit small since it was recently built, and it is popular with Dragon-type Pokémon. Its population ranges in the thirties to fifties, as it is a rural and semi-secluded place. The Village consists of small huts that vary based on the builder's preferences, as some are made with the generic straws and sticks; while some others go as far as to using a combination of dirt and moistened clay to make their improvised, cement-like huts more resilient against Mother Nature.

As the village is behind in technological factors, the huts' windows are merely open spaces while fire is used to heat up food and the surrounding environment. Fire is also used for illuminating the darkness in their houses and their neighboring spaces. It is widely believed by the villagers that it also repels evil spirits and keeps the Gods content.

There are also some hot springs that people and Pokémon can relax in, as it typically gets cooler in the summer, and steaming from its higher temperatures in the winter due to natural abnormalities in the underground convection currents that are reversed in the strange world.

A neighboring forest surrounds the Village from behind, as the sandy beaches and clear ocean separate them from the other islands that the Village is on. The forest is deeply dense, as villagers often reply on it to forage for materials and food, while some others attempt to reason with the other Pokémon in the forest in hopes of befriending them. The forest primarily contains Bug-type and Grass-type Pokémon, as there is a large pond that is not too deep in the forest that both villagers and Pokémon often go to for many purposes, which range from hydrating, to meditating after a long day's work.
Motto: "Even the most unfriendly beasts can be tamed with some proper care and dedicated time."

Pokémon Information:
Name:
His name is Joel.
Species: He is a Jangmo-o.
Type: [type]Dragon[/type]
Ability: Bulletproof (Nullifies the effects of ball and bomb based moves, as well as some other few projectile-based moves that are cannon-based and explosive-based.)
Appearance: Joel is a small, quadruped Pokémon that bears resemblance to the ankylosaur, as he has some distinct features in his coloration. The lower half of his body is lightly white, while the upper half is in a darker shade of black. His baby blue eyes are big, as the large, heart-shaped scale on his head is darkly blue. His teardrop-shaped, loose-hanging scales that form a semi-ring around his shoulders and upper body are black and are dark blue on the outside edge. A small, solid dark blue scale is on the tip of his black tail, as his paws and feet each have three dark blue claws.
Personality: Joel is a Pokémon that should not be taken lightly for his young appearance, as he has a very short temper and minuscule patience with others. He often gets into fights with others, as he always likes to have things his own way. He cannot seem to reason with others, as he typically uses force to solve problems. Although he may seem unruly to some, he can still be somewhat befriended at first if given proper time and care.
Other: He wears a sky blue scarf around his neck that has his name embroidered with gray thread on the inside.
Motto: "Put up or shut up punk!"

Special Notes:
  • Employs physical and special combination attacks.
  • Attacks quickly and relentlessly on the first target it spots.
  • Extremely vulnerable against sleep-inducing and speed reducing moves.
  • Often flees from battle when at critically low HP.

Last edited:
Name: Ronnie Mills
Element: Poisen?
Traits: he's very agile but stubborn, often sticking to his side in an arguement or thinking he's right
Appearance: short black hair, blue eyes, wears a green vip up hoodie, red tanktop, grey shorts and black hiking boots
Pokemon: Stunky
Future Pokemon: gloom, tentacruel, crobat
Homeland: virbank unova
Village: poison type village?

Can I have two characters?
You can have two characters, yes. If you want to make a Poison-type village, go ahead and PM me with the details.

Name: Harper Gibbs (sometimes goes by Harp or Blu)
Element: rock
Traits: Harper is very laid-back and doesn't get scared very easily. She's fairly adventurous, but not one to poke danger with a stick (I guess...? xD ). Very protective to those she knows and loves, Harper's curious side does sometimes get the best of her, putting her in awkward situations more often than not.
Appearance: Harper has light blue-dyed hair that deepens the color of her darker blue eyes. She's fairly skinny, if not a bit underweight, and her skin is a tawny color. Blu wears a purple striped sweater (with, like, darker-colored stripes and junk), leggings, and combat boots. Accessories include a pendant around her neck, a pair of "hipster" glasses, and those cat ear headphone things, usually also around her neck.
Pokemon: Cubone
Future Pokemon: Lileep, Corsola, Carbink, Tyrunt (if fossil Pokemon are allowed)
Homeland: Cerulean City, Kanto
Village: (I dunno how I feel about making my own, and I really dunno what i should put here, so... xD)

I've already written forms for both Blu and her partner, so here's that one, I guess. :p
Pokemon Name: Albus
Species: Cubone
Ability: Bone Head
Personality: Head-strong, brave, and always one to start a fight, Albus is the exact opposite of the stereotypical Cubone. He can be very loud, and he considers his scarf a staple and symbol of his strength.
Identifying Features: He wears a little red scarf around his neck.

I know there are things in this that I need to change, so go ahead and let me know just what those things are, alright?
Accepted! And if you want to make a village, then PM me. Later today I'll be putting down some villages so if you want to wait until then then feel free.
Name: Benjamin "Benjy" Hall
Element: Dragon
Traits: Stuborn, and never gives up. Benjy hates to lose but loves to take risks. He is a gambler.
Appearance: Benjy has short brown hair, and wears a fedora. He wears a grey shirt with a brown leather jacket over it. He wears black jeans and brown hiking boots.
Pokemon: Goomy
Future Pokemon: Goodra, Hakamo-o, Noibat, Turtonator
Homeland: Blackthorn City, Johto
Village: ???
Well, this should be interesting. I've decided to add more information to the Pokémon since there are quite a bit of things behind him here.

Trainer Information:
Name:
Her name is Zolia Calio.
Element: She will be getting the Dragon elemental amulet.
Traits: Although Zolia's intelligence allows her to get most conventional tasks done with ease, she often has a hard time being able to reason with others; especially towards others that are rather intimidating. She can be rather caring to her Pokémon, but she tends to spoil them however; which she often does get carried with. She is slightly faster than the average person her age, but however, she tends to stay back from risk-taking situations if possible.
Appearance: Standing at a short height of three feet and eleven inches, Zolia has a skinny build and a light body that lacks any muscles whatsoever. She has pale blond hair, green eyes, and small freckles scattered on her nose. She wears a gray sweatshirt with a hoodie and has on black skorts that extend down to her knees. She wears brown leathery boots and has on a tan nylon shoulder bag that is around her left shoulder.
Pokémon: She has a Jangmo-o with her. (See below for more information.)
Future Pokémon: She will also be having a Noibat and a Shuckle in the future.
Homeland: Her homeland is located in the Seafolk Village, which is located in Poni Island, which is furthermore in the region of Aloha.
Village: (This will be blank for now since I am waiting for approval on the roleplay creator to grant permission to use my own village for the roleplay.)
Motto: "Even the most unfriendly beasts can be tamed with some proper care and dedicated time."

Pokémon Information:
Name:
His name is Joel.
Species: He is a Jangmo-o.
Type: [type]Dragon[/type]
Ability: Bulletproof (Nullifies the effects of ball and bomb based moves, as well as some other few projectile-based moves that are cannon-based and explosive-based.)
Appearance: Joel is a small, quadruped Pokémon that bears resemblance to ankylosaur, as he has some distinct features in his coloration. The lower half of his body is lightly white, while the upper half is in a darker shade of black. His baby blue eyes are big, as the large, heart-shaped scale on his head is darkly blue. His teardrop-shaped, loose-hanging scales that form a semi-ring around his shoulders and upper body are black and are dark blue on the outside edge. A small, solid dark blue scale is on the tip of his black tail, as his paws and feet each have three dark blue claws.
Personality: Joel is a Pokémon that should not be taken lightly for his young appearance, as he has a very short temper and minuscule patience with others. He often gets into fights with others, as he always likes to have things his own way. He cannot seem to reason with others, as he typically uses force to solve problems. Although he may seem unruly to some, he can still be somewhat befriended at first if given proper time and care.
Other: He wears a sky blue scarf around his neck that has his name embroidered with gray thread on the inside.
Motto: "Put up or shut up punk!"

Special Notes:
  • Employs physical and special combination attacks.
  • Attacks quickly and relentlessly on the first target it spots.
  • Extremely vulnerable against sleep-inducing and speed reducing moves.
  • Often flees from battle when at critically low HP.
This is all good… except for one thing. I'm afraid that there aren't two of the same amulet. This means that there can't be two people with the same element. Because Charlespark has already sent me the information for his village, I'm afraid I'll have to ask Ry to change his element.
Don't be Wind (Flying I guess). I'm taking Wind.

Well, since you have approved my permission, I will allow others to stay at my village if they ask me first. (There is a ton of information there, so if you want to know what the setting is like, go ahead and read the information that is now up!)

Name: Lucas Keen
Element: Nature
Traits: Quick, but Careless. He is usually relaxed and smiling, often acting younger than his actual age. He can also be laid-back to the point of laziness, which is why he is partial to the peaceful grass type. He is mostly a creative soul, but this can make it especially difficult for him to think practically and rationally, instead thinking with emotion, which he shows on his sleeve.
Appearance: Lucas has fluffy brown hair that is often in a mess and green eyes, along with a rather skinny frame. He wears a stud earring in each ear and a white dress shirt, along with black pants rolled up to his mid-calf and leather sandals.
Pokemon: Skiddo (Thorne)
Future Pokemon: Lilligant, Breloom, Whimsicott
Homeland: Dendemille Town, Kalos
Village:
This town is built in the shade of a massive oak tree that is taller than any other on the island. A small stream, perhaps five feet across and fairly shallow, flows just a short walk from the village. Their population ranges in the 90s to 110s, as they're very isolated on their island but are able to thrive strongly due to little outside threat (so far).

The Pokémon of Oak Town have a deep connection to nature and believe in living a humble and sustainable lifestyle, so most of the huts in the village are made sturdy from a tough, dry grass material. Higher status Pokémon, such as the Chief, are not given a more elaborate living arrangement; instead, larger homes are given to larger families.

One of the main cultural characteristics is their high-context, community-based lifestyle, where they help each other raise their young and such. However, they do not have much of a defensive force due to their pacifistic nature, and would therefore be more vulnerable to attack. An attack would also be incredibly damaging culturally, as most of the village's inhabitants have not been alive in an era where Oak Town has been in conflict with an outside force.

Pokémon Info:
Name: Hawthorne (Thorne)
Species: Skiddo
Ability: Sap Sipper
Personality: He is caring but a little stubborn towards those he does not respect; he was one of the most difficult Pokémon on the Keen's farm, and was supposed to be released into the wild until Lucas befriended him, and they have been inseparable ever since. He admires his trainer's patience and creativity, which is what inspired Thorne to become his partner.

Last edited:
Accepted! Welcome, DragonFlye.

My character:
Name: Sun Kamon
Element: Wind
Traits: Quick and smart, but frail and insensitive.
Appearance: Wears the Red Tank Top, default bottoms, Red Crew Socks, Black Sporty Sneakers, the Black Scout Pack and a Black Trilby Hat from Pokemon Sun and Moon. He has white skin, navy blue hair and matching eyes.
Pokemon: Repide (Lycanroc)
Future Pokemon: Estelle (Gardevoir), Pika (Pikachu), Vee (Eevee), Shadow (Greninja)
Homeland: Cerulean City, Kanto (but living in Iki Town, Melemele Island, Alola)
Village: Breeze Valley, Tornado Peaks, Atoll Island

First of all, I'm going to introduce the islands. Each island has a different amulet. They have different villages and locations for each. for now, the only village I have is the Breeze Valley colony. If villages have already been created, then they're on the respective islands. I'll give a list of the villages later when I have more time.

ISLANDS
Dralz Island (Dragon)
Atoll Island (Wind/Flying)
Pyre Island (Fire)
Aqua Island (Water)
Pyns Island (Nature/Grass)
Toyx Island (Disease/Poison)
Glym Island (Spirit/Ghost)
Fae Island (Light/Fairy)
Shadow Island (Darkness/Dark) [NO ONE IS HERE, THIS ISLAND IS SEALED OFF. THUS, NO ONE GETS THE DARK AMULET.]
Myht Island (Fighting)
Pumoms Island (Normal)
Storm Island (Electric)
Bolt Island (Steel)
Terra Island (Ground)
Mynt Island (Rock)
Aynt Island (Bug)
Fryst Island (Ice)

Hopefully we can start soon.

_________

Name: Ry

Element: Ghost

Traits: Very cunning, smart, and serious. Although, he loses his sharp thinking at random time (this may be when he gets nervous or needs time to think). He likes to wear suits and such fancy wears but started to like casual clothes. Most of the time, he is very aggressive to other people and mostly likely with insult them or even... hurt them. He hates it whenever losing an argument. Doesn't care about people's feeling 90% of the time.
Appearance: Black hair - has glasses - tall - looks like a businessman when in a suit?
Pokemon: Female Misdreavus (Nicknamed: Tricky)
Future Pokemon: I have no idea... I will come up with few later.
Homeland: Lumiose City in Kalos
Village: We will see!
Occupation: Works at Lysandre Cafe but no longer can (since the portal sucked him in, duh).

Last edited:
@ShiningLight I'm a bit confused about "Gender: Ghost:". I'd also advise giving your character a last name. I'm also going to need a sample of your RPing skill as stated in the rules, since I don't recall RPing with you before/haven't RPed with you in a long time.

Alright, so I'll introduce some villages. This includes the user-created villages of @Charlespark and @Stormursa.
For Dralz Island, the village of Numounkaual.
For Toyx Island, the village of Bonebrill.
For Atoll Island, the village of Breeze Valley.
For Pyns Island, the village of Oak Town.
More coming soon.

Whoops, the gender and ghost were a mistake (I would like to reveal my character's last name later). But what do you mean by RP skills? Do you want me to show you an RP I have been before in?

Note: I've read your rules again and I found a spelling mistake!

Last edited:
Yeah, PM me with a link to a sample of your previous RP work. It's a procedure I'm doing purely for the purpose of quality control.
Alright, you can keep the last name a secret.

I could help with the development of more villages if you like, though the detailings of them may take some time depending on how the village is, and the envionments of the island since they are all different. (I also have omitted the place where the amulet is in the island of where my village is, since it would spoil the plot of the roleplay greatly.)

Well, if you can't find the roleplays where your posts are, then I would suggest for @Eeveechu151 to send you a mock post in a conversation. You would then reply to him in the best of your ability here, it's the equivalent of an RP sample. I always would do this with others to see their skill of roleplaying if they don't have anything to show, as this is the next best thing to do.

1) @ShiningLight has sent me a sample of his previous work, and it looks good! One piece of advice, though - put your character's dialogue in quotation marks.
2) @Charlespark That would be greatly appreciated! Perhaps we could talk about the finer points in more detail in a separate convo?

Name: Chima
Element: Fire
Traits: He's a very balanced fighter - he knows his techniques well, but, because of this, he has been in a lot of trouble.
Appearance: He's much like my OC, Justin. (See my profile and then artwork to see a sprite art of him) Only difference is that he has different shoes, and no sunglasses. He also has a purple shirt.
Pokemon: Mudkip
Future Pokemon: Swampert, Quilava, Alolan Marowak, Garchomp, Ampharos, [N/A for now.]
Homeland: Littleroot Town, Hoenn.
Village: Not sure yet. I'll make it soon enough.

@GreninjaTrainer013 A few things. First of all, no one person can have two of the same element. Ry already chose fire, and since he already had to reselect an element I'm going to have to ask you to choose another not-taken element. Second, there's a Pokemon limit of six just like there is in the normal games. Also this isn't a problem but a question, but is the Swampert you put down in Future Pokemon your Mudkip evolved?

BTW I'm updating the rules.

I'll be creating the RP as soon as we finish up the world building. Some people also have yet to join a village, so we'll need them to do that before we start. Ideally the RP'll be up later today!

I'll have Lucas end up in Oak Town (Pyne Island) and I'll edit his bio to reflect that ^^ Also, do we get to come up with a layout/ description of the village, or do you already have something in mind?

Well, I have a few ideas. You can feel free to describe the inhabited parts of the village, though. For Oak Town, the thing you should take into consideration is the fact that in the middle of the village is a massive Oak Tree. As in, REALLY massive. Secretly, it's the hiding place of the Amulet of Nature.

Sadly, Bonebrill is not on Mynt but on Toyx. The main town on Mynt is known as Kilead, which is half mine and half town. There's a partially mined out temple in the middle of the city, as the colony is built off of the ruins of another city buried under rock long ago. The temple guards the Amulet of Stone.

Bonebrill is a town of my design.
Here is the second character. She doesn't have to get an amulet if you don't want her to.

Name: Ivory Wills
Element: steel
Traits: she is very creative and is able to picture things vividly but because of that often daydreams and can be oblivious
Appearance: light grey that turns blonde hair that is usually tied up in a bun or braid, blue eyes, wears a long sleeve grey dress that has a cog patterned bottem( then end of the skirt looks like the teeth of a cog), blue combat boots, black tights
Pokemon: klang
Future Pokemon: bisharp, ribombee, talonflame, araquanid
Homeland: petalburg city, hoenn
Village: steam city

Last edited: