• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Fall of Beacon (A RWBY RP)

Important: This RP will certainly contain spoilers for RWBY Volume 3

Beacon has been breached, the White Fang have swarmed Vale's streets, Grimm are everywhere and Atlas' own military has been turned against it. Ruby Rose has gathered a force at the Amity Colloseum, full of the best of the best of the four schools and together they will fight to protect Beacon, Vale, and everything it stands for!

But what of those not in Amity when all hell broke loose? What of the other teams of beacon, those whom had not watched the battle and were elsewhere. Those not as powerful and RWBY and JNPR. What did they do? Did they hide and run? Or did they fight for their lives and their kingdom?

First things first, Rules
  1. This is a no-brainer but one that people tend to forget. Read and obey the Pokecharms Rules
  2. No Godmodding. This kind of comes with the first rule but people tend to forget it. Remember, these aren't exactly RWBY level beat-armies-of-terrorists-and-state-of-the-art-war-machines. For a more reasonable example, remember that CRDL got into Vytal, a tournament for the best of the best.
  3. No Autoing, this includes Timeskips and forcing hits. Just to make the RP more enjoyable for everyone involved
  4. Be patient. We all have lives (ha) outside of 'Charms, so do not get impatient if you post and we haven't replied half an hour later
  5. Write well, i'm not expecting an essay every post and during a fight against another user, it is ok to foo shorter posts. However, try to be descriptive and make your posts readable.

Now for the Bio:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Semblance:
Weapon:
What kind of Fanaus (If Fanaus):
Backstory:
Other:

Last edited:
I've been waiting for another one of these

Name: Joseph "Joe" Flining
Appearance: wears a black jacket with a grey undershirt and has neck length dark dirty blonde hair reaching just past his shoulders. His eyes a deep shade of yellow are sharp like an eagle and his vision is double that of a normal human although his left eye is partially blind. On his back he has his holster for his weapon and on his belt he has spare mags and clips of dust and has another holster under his jacket for his back up weapon.
Personality: Joseph is a sarcastic smart-ass who uses technicalities to turn situations onto other people. Joseph holds himself somewhat like a mobster as his weaponry was based off of mob weapons taken up a notch his attitude towards disrespect isn't all that forgivable, you'll probably end up with a broken leg, yet to those he is closest to knows that in reality he is a kind person who cares about his friends and family. If it came to it he'd die for them.
Semblance: Temporary levitation
Weapon: Dust powered sniper-shotgun on his back and a dust powered pistol under his jacket
What kind of Fanaus: Eagle
Backstory: Joseph's home was mostly average but his father was a Faunus and his mother was a human his life was average until he was 10, that year his father was killed in a confrontation, which I'll talk more about later, ever since he's trained hard for the next few years and did every thing he could in order to become a huntsman.
Other: Joseph's parents are alternate versions of my previous RWBY OCs named Darius and Jackie, however I'm not to sure if either of them will ever appear, flashback or present.

Name: Alice Alevoir
Appearance: Alice has neon green eyes and long purple hair, Alice usualy wears a pair of torn blue pants and a white shirt with a black leather jacket over the top with black boots and a pair of sunglasses. Alice has a brown scorpion tail that looks like it has been spray painted on.
Personality: Alice is a very creative and artistic person who likes expressing herself with spray painting, she is very unpredictable and likes to try new things and is always for a new experience. Alice is very serious when it comes to being a huntress and takes every fight as serious as the last.
Semblance: Feral instinct: this semblance when used increases Alice's speed power and reflexes but it makes her lose all aspects of self control.
Weapon: Alice has a set of three gauntlets, one for each hand and one custom made for her tail, the ones on her hands are purple and have claws on them where her fingers go, these claws can be shot out and recalled they can also spray paint out of them (usually for private use it is still effective in battle). The gauntlet on her tail has a giant curved claw on it making it look like an enlarged scorpion stinger, this gauntlet is equipped with a laser.
What kind of Fanaus: Scorpion
Backstory: N/A
Other: N/A

There's a lot of Faunus. I suppose it would make sense for me to diversify the RP and make a human character. But I already had a character planned for this, so I'm not. This character's weapon is based off of Flynt Cole's, in a way. And by that I mean it's a Jazz instrument. This is also an OC I inserted for a fanfiction, although I changed her a tad bit for this RP.

Name: Alexandra "Alex" Marron
Appearance: Being a rabbit Faunus, Alex has two rabbit ears protruding from her head. Her ears are the same color as her hair, brown. Her eyes are two different colors, with her right eye being purple and her left an emerald green. She has a Caucasian skin complexion. Alex usually wears a brown, buttoned up trench coat. Under the trenchcoat is a piece of metal armor covering the entire front of her torso, as well as another piece equally covering the back of her torso. Under this armor is a white tanktop. She has dark grey jeans and brown combat boots, along with brown, fingerless gloves and a pair of sunglasses that she occasionally wears. She has four pockets on the inside of her trenchcoat. One for her sunglasses, another for her dust reeds, her third for her normal dust, and another for her dust magazines.
Personality: Alex is very carefree and relaxed. She doesn't let things bother her too much. The only thing that motivates her is when people are in danger or just require her help. She is always willing to hear others out and try to help them. Alexandra can often come off as flirtatious. Probably because she spends half her free time flirting with other women. She loves Jazz music.
Semblance: Alexandra can briefly hypnotize up to three weaker Grimm (Beowolves, Ursa Minor) or one stronger Grimm (Alpha Beowulf, Ursa Major) upon playing "Dizzy." She's dubbed her Semblance "The Rythym of Music."
Weapon: Taking a lot of inspiration from Jazz music (and me taking a lot of inspiration from Flynt Cole, and loving the score from his debut episode), Alexandra's weapon is a large Alto Saxophone which she lovingly refers to as "Dizzy". Upon playing it, she can either play it normally, or use it to attack her enemies. Upon switching her reed (the part you put on the mouthpiece of a Saxophone), Alex can use elemental notes if the reed is dust-infused. There is a strap around her Saxophone, which she uses to carry it around with.

"Dizzy" can also be transformed into a large, two handed, double-sided battleaxe. Near the end of the hilt, there is a small chamber where she can insert dust, which makes the edges of each blade glow the color of the dust inserted. When it transforms, "Dizzy's" strap remains around the hilt of the battleaxe.

"Dizzy" can also be transformed into a sniper rifle for more long range encounters. Alexandra can insert a dust magazine into the magazine chamber in order to fire dust rounds. The strap seen with the previous two weapons remains, and travels along the length of the rifle.
What kind of Fanaus (If Fanaus): Rabbit
Backstory: Alexandra was born and raised in Vale. Although it didn't pick up much business at first, her father managed to run a somewhat successful Dust shop. There, Alex's father taught her everything he knew about Dust. Because of the profits from the shop, Alex grew up with an okay childhood, ignoring the occasional bullies or discrimination because of her being a Faunus. She took interest in Jazz at a very young age and began to experiment with different instruments, finding a certain fondness with the Saxophone. From there, she took classes to improve her playing. When she enrolled in Signal Academy, she designed her weapon after her favorite saxophone, an Alto.
Other: N/A

So...
A Scorpion, A Rabbit and an Eagle...
Sounds like the start of a joke
All accepted, as for my character...

Name: Josh Whitman
Appearance: Josh wears a suit of armour most of the time (not dissimilar to Jaune Arc). He has darker brown hair and eyes, and always has an arrogant sneer on his face
Personality: Josh is, to put it plainly, a bit of a jerk. Though he is much better than he was when he first joined Beacon, he still has a bit of an ego and a lot of, put simply, racism. He doesn't exactly think the most highly of Fanaus (which is at times really amusing since he is in a team with three Fanaus). However, aside from this, he is motivated and resilient, if not headstrong, stubborn and arrogant.
Semblance: Josh's Sembalance is his ability to transfer damage done to his aura to somebody else (aside from the person who damaged it), and if the other is willing, drain some of theirs. This may work the other way around, but he never bothered to try it
Weapon: He has just a normal sword and shield, the sword can transform into a handgun and the shield can open a little hole in the middle to insert the gun into.
Backstory: He grew up in a moderatly wealthy Atlas Family who decided to move to Vale. His father was a soldier in the Atlesian Army whom worked also in the police. His father was sent to Vale by Ironwood as part of his force, his option about Fanaus was never high, especially since his parents' work displayed to him the horrors that Fanaus such as the White Fang had done, but after his father was almost killed halfway through his beacon year during the train attack, he has a deep hatred to any Fanaus he did not know already as a friend

So team JAAJ? (Jazz)
Or maybe AJJA (Edge)
They're both stretches but that's what happens when you get two As and two Js

I'm with Team Edge, not to be confused with the YouTube channel. And I will constantly be on the lookout to for a moment for a Flining to embarrass Josh publicly like in the Chains of the Faunus fight tests, which was fun to write on my part.

Well Jazz would make sense since Alexandra but she wouldn't actually be in charge...

So these are the letters we have to work with
J J A A
W F M A

I found three others
FAWM (Fawn/Farm)
JJAM (Jam)
JAAW (Jaw)

I have nothing to say on this....
Fawn makes sense since Fanaus, but the son of a psychotic madman (if COTF is anything to go by) isn't probably the best leader
Jam has no context at all but IS a colour
Jaw makes sense cos Fanaus, but again psychotic madman
Jazz makes sense since Alexandra but she wouldn't be leader
Edge doesn't really correlate with Fanaus but sounds cool

Jazzberry Jam sounds Wonderful
But that would potentially make Josh in charge
And a really racist guy in charge of a team of fanaus
Seems... interesting to say the least

I guess so.

Unless you want to support Team JAWA, and call it a shade of brown. Which I'm totally cool with. Or we could pronounce it "Java" if we went with JAWA.

Hello
I am here
because why not

(btw, I was really tired when I made this)

Name: Dante Sombradon

Appearance: He has messy deep black hair with his ears poking out of his hair and light blue eyes, His clothes are usually a black singlet with whatever gray pants he has, He has large fang-like teeth and his weapon usually always being on his fingers (Except when he is writing or something like that) and His appearance usually is said to be "Wolfish"

Personality: Dante has no mercy, no empathy and no remorse, He doesn't care for other people, He has a wolf's mind and will do everything for himself

Semblance: He has the ability to change into the form of a wolf (Yep, He can turn into a wolf) While in this form he retains his memories but cannot talk or do what humans can do but while in complete rage he can change into a werewolf (Ya know, A massive wolf with the body of a human)

Weapon: He uses rings with metal claws extending forward (Kinda like Wolverine claws but rings)

What kind of Fanaus: Wolf

Backstory: He was born in the underground of Atlas, His parents were killed before he was even a month old, At the young age of four he was forced to fight other children for the entertainment of criminals and insane people, They would fight until the other surrendered or blood was drawn, As he got older the fights became for intense, The battles would still end if the other surrendered or blood was drawn but minor cuts didn't count, It was only big things like broken arms or big cuts, After 7 years of this, Dante got together a small group of kids and escaped while everyone was watching another fight
After escaping to Vale by sneaking onto a ship, The boys all parted ways at Vale, Two of them knew that they had family here, Three of them thought they could stay in the wilderness and survive, Dante went off alone and decided to attend Signal to finally find somewhere to live and learn, He graduated and then went to Beacon to become a hunter and finally become what he wanted to be...
(If this is too intense then I'll gladly change it, This was the only thing terrible enough to make Dante has no actual happy emotions that I could think of)

Other: nuthin

Bah, Ima use Lavender Keys

Name: Lavender (Lav) Keys

Appearance: Lavender has dirty blond hair that barely makes it past her shoulders she only puts in a bun, nothing less. She is either in leggings and a plain T-shirt or a coat, blouse, and a long skirt. She has bright lavender eyes (that have unfortunately lost their sheen; she looks like she's tired and is waiting for something can't see anymore) and fair skin. She has a red pendant that is disguised as her weapon, a bow.

Personality: Unsocial, Lavender used to be filled with a mischievous light, and a cheerful personality. After moving away from her hometown, she became quiet and subdued in her own thoughts, only trusting those close to her. Something that can be described about her is the "lingering guilt that somehow follows her around,". She doesn't listen to those who want to help her, and is stubborn and reckless.

Semblance: Lavender used her semblance too much as a child she lost control of it. Lavender keeps quiet for two reasons; because she wants to, and the other because if she didn't, she would turn invisible against her will.

Weapon: Lavender uses a bow and quiver, the arrows tied around her belt looking like small decorations to the belt but in reality, if you popped them, they became full sized arrows of different kinds. Lavender's bow is bendable, and can be forced down to the size of small ball on Lavender's pendant. She only uses normal arrows most of the time, but sometimes she uses different kinds; smelly arrows, blast arrows, all kinds.

Backstory:
Lavender grew up in a small town in the middle of Mistral, surrounded by Grimm the people hardly knew how to fight back. Lavender was born in a alleyway, her mother having been a weak woman who died as soon as she gave birth. By the age of nine, she became a well-known thief that sometimes even hurt people badly. She had a friend by the name of Indigo Roose, who she abandoned to go to Signal and sharpen her skills. She graduated to Haven and it was said that at one point, Indigo came back and had a duel with her, in which she was shot and healed, but Indigo had escaped and since then, Lavender has been combing the forest to look for Indigo. She considers herself weak but useful if you wanted someone to listen to your problems of any sort.

Last edited:
Accepted
We're currently at the point where the tournament teams all flood into Beacon in an attempt to protect it, and the robots go bad
Most of our characters now are cutting through Grimm and Robots in an attempt to carve their way through to an evacuation point

Wasn't sure if you had still wanted new people, but I suppose that I can still join?
Anyway, here it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Cartien Lean Kindron

Alias:
The Assailant

Appearance/Apparel:
Black hair long enough to flip - with shades of white, grey eyes, pale skin with the addition of scar upon left eye. Has black cloak pillowing behind him. Wears beefy sweater fit for battle with grayish-white metallic padding's on each corner - acting as a shield. (Although still looking sleek) Grey pants, with belt - holding his sheath.

Lore:
Cartien had been born to a clan of warriors. The grand master of the clan had made his own technique, it was known as Yourito. Said clan had taught the style to Cartien and his brethren. Cartien was fairly skilled in the arts of Yourito as a child, and had partaken in many different training exercises. His eldest brother - Cylin, had always been better at the various things Cartien did - although he didn't mind, his brother had always ashamed him, saying harsh accusations of his skill. When they both advanced in age, Cylin had become stronger, and had started seek more power. The Grand Master had sent him off to Shade academy, to achieve greatness, and fight for good. Cartien's other siblings didn't want to go to the academies - but he did. So upon reaching the age 17, he was accepted to join Shade academe - and quickly became a well known student.

Semblance:
Can generate gusts of ravenous tornado's. They can easily deplete his aura, but can sweep things within its path. He can maneuver them as well - but when scaling them to great heights - he cannot control them as easily.

Weapon:
On the side of his belt, there lays a sheath - wielding the blade he calls "Saten". This very deadly weapon has a firm grey handle, with long white band at the end of it. The blade itself is black, and is fairly sharp. Beneath his sleeves, there lays throwing knives, which can pierce through wood.
Personality: Cartien is very calm in the midst of battle, and is hardly weary, always ready to go. He tends to be a little bit competitive upon facing others - while in battle as well. Cartien usually keeps to himself, and does not like to cause trouble. But if he thinks something is right, he will do anything to serve towards it.

Other:
The style he learned enables him to move at advanced paces, becoming more aware of his surroundings; Cartien can become incredibly fast - although he has not yet mastered it - he is quite proficient in the style.

Last edited: