• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Fairly OddParents: Magic Mania Discussion Thread

This is a RP based on the Fairly OddParents. Every child who's been miserable on Earth gets one or two fairy godparents. The point of this RP is to give everyone OCs to look after, whether you have a fairy or two, a child who's miserable, the person or people who make them miserable, that child's friends, or anyone else.

Everyone has at least one OC, but the maximum amount of characters one person can have is three, and even so, only one or two is recommended.

(If human)
Name:
Hobbies:
Has fairies?:
If so, why?:
Appearance:
Family:

(If fairy)
Name:
Hobbies:
Has godchild?:
If so, why does the godchild need this fairy?:
Appearance:
Family:
Married?:
If so, to whom?:

Name: Hope Heartman
Home: A middle-class home in Dimmsdale. Her room is small and lavender, decorated in posters of her art.
Hobbies: Art, music, helping people, and sometimes writing cool stories.
Has fairies?: Yes
If so, why?: Her siblings, her dad, and her schoolmates ignore her acts of kindness and find ways to punish her for no good reason.
Appearance: She's short for her age and has long, blonde hair, pink eyes, and she wears a cute pink dress with white hearts on the front.
Family: She has a mom and dad, three siblings (one older brother and two younger sisters), and three cats at home. Her fairies are disguised as two of the three cats.

Please go here if you ever want to join this RP. You still have to follow Da Rules of the website and of the fairy law. Just remember that, okay?

Happy RPing!

It's been a LOOONG time since I've even WATCHED Fairly OddParents, but here goes nothing!

Name: Alyx Tylers
Home: A somewhat big house by a section of woods in which she likes to explore. Her room is pretty big and is often messy(as Alyx is VERY unorganized).
Hobbies: Reading, drawing, music, and skating.
If so, why?: Incredibly low self-esteem. Alyx has friends that are amazing artists and musicians, and feels like she'll never be nearly as good as them.
Appearance: Alyx has short brown hair and wears a yellow bandanna, green tee-shirt, jeans, and pink sneakers. Her eyes are blue.
Family: Mom, Dad(rarely ever home, parents are fighting), one younger sibling, and a "pet" turtle that's really her fairy in disguise.

Name: Cameron
Home: With Alyx?
Hobbies: Collecting rocks
Has godchild?: Yee
If so, why does the godchild need this fairy?: Low self-esteem
Appearance: Cameron has almost untameable black hair and gray eyes. He wears a black turtleneck with a white collar, white bottom, and white sleeves, black pants, and black shoes.
Family: TBD
Married?: Not yet... ;)
If so, to whom?: What part of "Not yet... ;)" do you not get?! :p

Name: Haise Suzuya
Home: A low-class house in Dimmsdale
Hobbies: Music, Body stitching, Drawing
If so, why?: She has always usually been a lone wolf and would bully people because of her sadness so they try to make her happier
Appearance: Short black hair (kinda like my prof pics) with stitches all over her arms with a bandage across her left cheek
Family: Dad, little sister

Name: Erika Suzuya
Home: Same as Haise
Hobbies: Dancing, Balle, Gymnastics
Has fairies?: No
If so, why?: None
Appearance: A brown long haired short stubby legged child that has a small overbite
Family: Same as Haise

Awesome! You're in! Now if only we had some people who could RP as our fairies XD

I guess maybe I could make my own fairy, though.

Name: Crystal
Home: Same as Hope's
Hobbies: Music, wishes, art, and randomness including shapeshifting and poofing
Has godchild?: Yes
If so, why does the godchild need this fairy?: Her godchild's siblings, dad, and schoolmates ignore her acts of kindness and find ways to punish her for no good reason.
Appearance: Light blue, long hair with sideswept bangs and ending in a curve at her mid-back, light blue eyes, and she wears a pretty purple dress with a single blue, circular gem on the center, separated by a blue sash in the middle. She has the normal wings, crowns, and wand of a fairy.
Family: Four siblings (three sisters and a brother), a mother, and a father.
Married?: Not yet, but has her eye on someone.
If so, to whom?: A young man named Coral, who has coral-colored hair and green eyes. He wears a nice tuxedo and is very interested in Crystal. However, he's only located in Fairy World.

Okay, so I edited the first post. You can start the RP by posting whatever you want as an introduction to your characters. Once everyone's been introduced, we'll move on to the next day at school.

Name: Jason
Home: Same as Haise
Hobbies: Wishes, Flying, Practicing Magic
Has godchild?: Haise
If so, why does the godchild need this fairy?: To try to make Haises life better
Appearance: Bright red hair that goes about to his eyes cut on the tips so it runs down his nose with a black shirt with a purple dragon on it with normal gray jeans
Family: 8 brothers 3 sisters also mom
Married?: No
If so, to whom?: No one

you still accepting people

Name: Jacob Brianson
Home: In the suburbs. (His room has a big bed, a Rick and Morty poster, and a computer on a desk.)
Hobbies: Drawing, reading.
Has fairies?: Yes.
If so, why?: Gets picked on by his relatives, and people on school, so his life is pretty bad.
Appearance: A red shirt with jeans and black hair and brown eyes..
Family: Dad, 2 Brothers (Jacob is the 3rd, youngest.), and a gold fish in a fish tank. (Its their fairy.)

Fairy
Name: Mandy
Home: With Jacob (Lives in a fish tank with a castle.)
Hobbies: Wishes, drawing, reading.
Has godchild?: Yes.
If so, why?: Bad life.
Appearance: Red hair, white and gray sweater vest with wands on it, jeans and blue eyes.
Family: Big.
Married: Pfft, no.
If so, to whom?: PFFT, NO.

Oh my god, this show was my childhood back in the days! This is one Rp I definitely want in on.

Name: Theodore "Ted" Harrison
Home: A small manor at the edge of Dimmsdale Suburbs.
Hobbies: Programming (picked up from his father), Chess (picked up from his stepbrother, Leo), Fencing (to defend himself FROM said stepbrother)
Has fairies?: No
If so, why?: Unknown (might be revealed in RP if given the right circumstance)
Appearance: Light-blonde hair, green eyes, and a fair skin tone, wears glasses. His most frequent outfit is a simple collared shirt and jeans.
Family: Older Stepbrother, Father, Stepmother

Name: Leonardo "Leo" Harrison
Home: Same as Theodore
Hobbies: Chess, Martial arts, Inventing, Reading
Has fairies?: No, thank god
If so, why?: N/A
Appearance: Dark brown hair, blue eyes, lanky build, often wears a shirt and tie with beige khakis and black loafers.
Family: Younger Stepbrother (Theodore), Mother, Stepfather

Okay, a bit late to the show but I have a question.

Could I RP a character with a genie instead of a Fairy? I had a story in mind and what not but I won't do it if you won't let me.

Name: William "Will" Andrews
Home: Middle class home, blue painted walls with a television and his own bed and posters of varied shows he likes.
Hobbies: Skateboarding, Soccer, Walks with his dog
Has fairies?: No (Has a genie)
Appearance: Dark skinned with spiky black hair and black eyes. Wears a grey t-shirt with a blazing skull design and dark blue shorts.
Family: Has a mother, named Taylor, and a pet dog named Spike.

Name: Barbara the Genie
Age: Thousands of years old (Has appearance of a women in her late 20s)
Home: Lamp on Will's desk.
Hobbies: Board Games, Mischief, Pranks
Has godchild?: Has a master.
Appearance: Blond hair, tied in a ponytail, with blue eyes and a curvaceous figure. Wears an orange top, sleeveless and exposes her belly button, as well as a matching pair of pants.
Family: None.
Married?: Nope!

Everyone already is accepted. Your human character can be another student at Dimmsdale Elementary, hiding a genie. However, remember, genies only have three wishes. After that, it's into the bottle for them.

I'm aware of that. I was thinking, at some point, of having my OC find out or trick Barbara into revealing she might be able to wish for more wishes (Like Norm revealed to Crocker when they teamed up)

However, I will work with it like I only have three wishes to work with for the entire RP.

An anti-hero, at least at the start. She's not flat out evil, like Norm, but she doesn't hold most humans in high regard and enjoys screwing with them (Will included); but will develop into a better person the longer she interacts with Will.

I like that! Perfect for the story! I changed the title labels to Private/Closed for both the discussion thread and the RP, but everyone in the discussion thread can join in at any time. I just don't know why only @Gamefreak1996 has been RPing with me so far.

Alright, good to know.

One thing, for one of the wishes, could I have Will wish that should he encounter a godchild with fairies or learn of a godchild's secret that they would not have their fairies taken away? Basically as a means of being able to interact with the Fairy kids & their fairies down the road in the RP.

You can have it so that he already knows about it from Barbara. As long as a child has some sort of otherworldly creature with them and knows about fairy godparents, they can interact with any potential godchildren out there so long as they promise to keep the secret. That way you don't have to waste a wish!

Alright, that works!

Even edited my post to have Will glance at the students as if thinking to himself "could they be who Barbara was talking about." Unless you want Barbara to inform him later in the RP, at which I can edit it again.

Nah, anything's fine. Go wild! After all, this is a very lenient RP! Again, no godmodding, no OP, and no breaking Da Rules, but other than that, it's pretty much free game!

Don't worry, I will do my best to follow the rules and be respectful for this RP.

Also, for future reference, has the bully character been established yet? If so, what is his/her name? Figured a good introduction for the Fairy kids to know something is funny with Will would bee to see someone bullying him getting magic karma treatment.

Well, aside from Ted and Hope's evil babysitter, Leo, there has been one girl. I forget what I called her... Serena? I think that's it. She always picks on Hope. Hope was always meant to do Serena's homework until Crocker found out she was being rude (per Hope's wish) and allowed Ted and Hope to have lunch in his classroom from that point on, protecting them from Serena and her entourage. She's the "popular girl." If you want, you can make a "popular boy," too.

Not so much "popular" as a more traditional bully character, like Francis.

Though I can work with Serena is you don't want too many non-magic jerk characters.

A couple are fine. Actually, how about you make some of her entourage characters? She has these two boys that always follow her around in a similar fashion to Trixie Tang.

Alright, I'll introduce them once our characters get into the school.

I've got names for them already. Blake and Drake (If that's fine with you). To fit with the whole similar sounding name thing Tad & Chad had going.

A literal eye on the wall, wouldn't you say? *Slams own head on the wall over bad joke*

Basically Barbara is gonna view the classroom and might be able to see the Fairies interacting with each other while in the comfort of her lamp. Whether they or one of the godchildren notice the eye on the wall is up to you guys.