• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Ever-Tame Fyare Region! (Pokemon Ranger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy folks, it's me, Retr.0! After some hiatus from 'Charms, I've come back with a new resurgence of ideas for RPs to start. So without further ado- here's this one!

The Fyare Region, a smaller and less-populated region of the world which all kinds of pokemon call home. Within it are some smaller villages, towns, and two cities. While not many people live in this region, it is a popular tourist location for those who like to observe pokemon in a less urbanized space. Additionally, it is a popular location for archeologists, geologists, and other scientists who believe the island region to be important to the history of people and pokemon alike!

With a total of four to five players (including myself), this roleplay will be told in a Shadows Of Almia-Esque way, where the players start off being taught how to be a Ranger, Operator, or Mechanic and are then sent to the Fyare region to man the only Ranger station located on the isalnd. As with any rangers, our job will be to keep the local people and pokemon safe and sound. Who knows what might happen?

So how about it? Finding yourself interested? Great! In that case, let's get on to some rules-

Rules
  • Follow all standard 'Charms Roleplay Rules (In case you need a refresher - Pokemon Role Play Rules)
  • Please keep any and all vulgar language to an absolute minimum. While you and I personally may have no issue with said language, there are people on here who may find it uncomfortable for them.
  • You may only have ONE partner pokemon. This pokemon is expected to be a lower-tier and can only be met after arriving in the Fyare Region.
  • If you're interested in joining, PM me your character sheet rather than posting it here.
  • Canonical characters to the Pokemon, or more specifically to the Pokemon Rangers series, are strictly prohibited.
  • Include the word coconut in your character sheet when you post it so I know you actually are reading these rules.
  • Romance is permitted, but please avoid any uncomfortable topics. Remember, it's a good way to promote character development, but can also be awkward for others if you push it too much.
  • Play nice! If any issues arise, please handle it between the parties involved quietly or let me know so I can sort things out. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for everybody!
  • Finally, please note that as the creator of this here roleplay, I will be playing both as my own character and as a general game master. This means that NPCs, the (good or bad) consequences of your actions, and the environment around you will be determined by me. If you ever need something along those lines, please PM me or let me know here during the roleplay so I may edit one of my own posts or include it in my next post!
Got all that? Good. I know, rules can be a bummer to read. On the bright side, we can finally move on to the fun part: Creating your Character!

Character Sheet
Name: (Your character's first and last name)
Position: (Ranger, Operator, or Mechanic?)
Physical Decription: (How do you look, as well as your age. 17 and above.)
Personality: (The mentality and quirks of your character)
(Optional) Short Background: (Just a short paragraph or two detailing some history of your character. If you decide not to write this, I still expect that you have a background in mind that you can bring up in roleplay. Having this written will greatly enhance your chances of having your character accepted.
Partner Pokemon you wish to acquire: (While not guaranteed, we will definitely talk about how to best go about getting the pokemon you want to you.)

As a final note, I will be posting my own character and the regional map once we have either a full roster or at least a decent amount of interested players. I look forward to reading your character sheets! Please PM me any questions you may have :)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Name: Willem Willow
Position: Ranger
Physical Decription: 19 years old and 6'2", Willem has a fairly muscular build. He's got a golden tan, which brings out his acid green eyes. His hair is swept back and crimson, with bushy eyebrows and a small soul patch.
Personality: Willem is charismatic and knows a lot about plants, but sometimes his common sense just isn't there. Like whenever he might attempt to wrestle a Pokémon bare-handed. But being both stubborn and loyal, he would never leave a friend behind, no matter what.
(Optional) Short Background: Willem really only ever had one interest: botany. He also valued friends, though, and his friends were all jocks, who thought botany was nerd crap. To avoid any type of judgement he decided on another job that he could apply his interests to while also keeping up a 'manly' image.
Partner Pokemon you wish to acquire: Carnivine

This sounds interesting, it's been a long long time since I played some of the Pokemon Ranger games, Shadows of Almia especially, so I certainly wouldn't mind joining. Before I go about my bio, there are a few questions I'd like to ask.

1: Might seem foolish of me to ask, but can the partner Pokemon we choose be allowed to evolve? I'm most likely gonna give my potential character either a Rookidee/Corvisquire.

2: Do you plan to have any villains in the RP? I'm not asking for details, this can be as simple as answering with either yes or no if you plan to keep it a secret.

Name: Willem Willow
Physical Decription: 19 years old and 6'2", Willem has a fairly muscular build. He's got a golden tan, which brings out his acid green eyes. His hair is swept back and crimson, with bushy eyebrows and a small soul patch.
Personality: Willem is charismatic and knows a lot about plants, but sometimes his common sense just isn't there. Like whenever he might attempt to wrestle a Pokémon bare-handed. But being both stubborn and loyal, he would never leave a friend behind, no matter what.
(Optional) Short Background: Willem really only ever had one interest: botany. He also valued friends, though, and his friends were all jocks, who thought botany was nerd crap. To avoid any type of judgement he decided on another job that he could apply his interests to while also keeping up a 'manly' image.
Partner Pokemon you wish to acquire: Carnivine

Thanks for taking interest in my RP! Once I get enough interest I'll let you know about approval, so just hang tight for me :)

This sounds interesting, it's been a long long time since I played some of the Pokemon Ranger games, Shadows of Almia especially, so I certainly wouldn't mind joining. Before I go about my bio, there are a few questions I'd like to ask.

1: Might seem foolish of me to ask, but can the partner Pokemon we choose be allowed to evolve? I'm most likely gonna give my potential character either a Rookidee/Corvisquire.

2: Do you plan to have any villains in the RP? I'm not asking for details, this can be as simple as answering with either yes or no if you plan to keep it a secret.

Thanks for taking interest! To answer your questions-

1. I see no reason why not! Evolution isn't necassarily something that's ever covered within the Ranger series, but it's all apart of the same Pokemon Universe so, of course!

2. Absolutely! I plan on keeping their nature, motive, methods, and everything else about them hidden. Any real information about them will have to come from participation :)

Name: Marcus Gordon
Physical Description: 17 years old, standing at 5'8" with fair skin and elegant golden like bond hair that reaches down to his chin level, his eyes are a clear sky blue and his physique shows him to be quite slim.
Personality: Marcus is a very laid back and seemingly carefree individual with little care of formalities and just wishes to act how he wishes... although he will "suck it up" when it comes to his superiors... the ones he likes at least. He has a strong love for Pokemon and tends to prefer being around them than people, not that he dislikes the latter. He also hates the taste of coconut.
(Optional) Short Background: Marcus was born between two farmers who looked after a lot of Pokemon, Marcus seemingly grew up around them and formed some kind of connection with some of them. His school was mainly within the city, so being around people was a bit of a challenge, however he got along well with some of the other students due to his love of Pokemon. Even as a child, he always went to help others whether they were people or Pokemon, and the desire to become a Pokemon Ranger just "felt natural" for him.
Partner Pokemon you wish to acquire: Corvisquire

Last edited:
Name: Marcus Gordon
Physical Description: 17 years old, standing at 5'8" with fair skin and elegant golden like bond hair that reaches down to his chin level, his eyes are a clear sky blue and his physique shows him to be quite slim.
Personality: Marcus is a very laid back and seemingly carefree individual with little care of formalities and just wishes to act how he wishes... although he will "suck it up" when it comes to his superiors... the ones he likes at least. He has a strong love for Pokemon and tends to prefer being around them than people, not that he dislikes the latter.
(Optional) Short Background: Marcus was born between two farmers who looked after a lot of Pokemon, Marcus seemingly grew up around them and formed some kind of connection with some of them. His school was mainly within the city, so being around people was a bit of a challenge, however he got along well with some of the other students due to his love of Pokemon. Even as a child, he always went to help others whether they were people or Pokemon, and the desire to become a Pokemon Ranger just "felt natural" for him.
Partner Pokemon you wish to acquire: Corvisquire

Looking good! As I said with Psymallard, just hang tight for me while getting more interest :)

As a side note, I would like to just ask both of you to make sure you've read and understand the rules while you wait. @Red Gallade @Psymallard

Status
Not open for further replies.