• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Elite Chapter 1: Welcome To Thavma!

Raven landed on the ground with a sly grin on her face, the Zoroark glancing to her side to see the other enemy Pokemon overwhelmed with attacks and fainting. Once the firewall cleared up she turned to look back at Finion. For a moment she gave her trainer a thumbs up and smiled, this quickly disappearing as she turned to face the men in suits again. Once more she brandished her nightslash, the long purple staff like weapon being gripped in her hands as she took a stance and growled.

Once the fire wall had been diminished by Abraxas and Gliss Fin smiled, being able to see Raven standing in front of the fainted Tangrowth and looking towards the retreating suited men. Finion followed his Pokemon's gaze, his eyes narrowed as he tried to pick up on their features. They all seemed to be dressed the same, he imagined they had some sort of earpiece since they'd stuck their fingers on their ears and spoke. How many of those strange Pokeballs did they have? Finion took note and counted them, a surprised expression coming on his face as he watched them disappear beneath the waters surface.

Finion took a few steps closer to the others as they started talking about the child, Finion also noticing his absence and looking around to try and spot him. "A set up?" He questioned Nyx's proposition as Raven jumped over to where the kid was, sniffing the air to see if she could try and get his scent. "Why would we be set up?" Fin once again looked around, not for the child this time but for people in general. He spotted his Pokemon heading towards him, the signs of a battle attracting them to the location. "Huh, bout time" It was a mumble to himself, Finion was only slightly annoyed at them though.

Kaleb walked over, his Charizard and Pangoro close behind. Torterra watched as the men walked off into the forest. He walked over to the group like the others.

“Possibly by those people in the airport?” he suggested. “I mean, they hated the fact that we looked like we were gonna battle. Maybe that ‘Thunderman’ guy heard about what happened and set us up? Seems like the most logical idea other than ‘those people just love to kill kids with weak Pokémon and the second they run off, the kid is mysteriously gone, too’.”

Anthos took some time to consider Kaleb's words. It could be true that the people from the airport sent thugs to take out the newcomers. It would've made more sense to just ambush them or separate them all. It was no secret to anyone looking at their passports that the group was comprised of Pokemon champions. Anthos shook his head, the mood had been killed for him. Now all he felt was a swelling anger in his chest.

"Well whatever the case may be they aren't gonna have an easy time against us. Were all champions, we've got plenty of experience dealing with thugs." Anthos made sure all his Pokemon returned back to their pokeballs before hopping on Dragonite's back, "I'll be flying around above the lake. If anything else happens I got your guy's back...just need to clear my head and calm down for now."

With that Dragonite took to the skies once more and flew over the crystal waters.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile in an undisclosed location....

A group of men in suits carrying silver pokeballs on their belt entered a sleek black subway car with no windows. Inside was a long wooden table with armchairs surrounding it. Each man took their seat and waited for a call to come through on the phone in the middle of the table.

"Good work out there I think we got more than we were asking for in terms of data" Said the man sitting at the head of the table.

"The Exec is gonna be happy for sure. Let's hope those guys in processing actually file everything correctly right?" This was met with an eruption of laughter all around the table. Shortly after the subway car began to move and the phone rang. Silence washed over each man as the call was answered.

For several seconds no words were spoke. Each man gathered himself and looked to the center of the table anxiously, "How were they Voz?" A female voice spoke.

Voz, the man sitting at the head of the table, answered with a satisfied grin, "Not as difficult as we anticipated. The were eager to show us almost all their Pokemon and acted as predicted in such a scenario. Processing will handle the full report."

"Good. Keep an eye on them as they make their way through the region...We don't want them interfering with any of our plans."

"Of course, we'll keep them quite busy. Has anyone found out why these Pokemon champions decided to travel here to Thavma?" Voz responded.

"...That's your job to find out Voz, not mine. I'm busy with the splicing device and getting these meathead PokeHeroes some material for their shows." The voice was irritated, "Call me back after your done with scenarios 2,3,and 4."

The call dropped and the men looked to Voz, "Well you heard the boss, get to work."

Nyx watched Anthos ascended with great confliction. This hardly seemed like the moment to separate, considering the chaos that had just transpired. But, unable to sum up these misgivings into a valid excuse, she held her tongue and watched their de facto leader off. Midna voiced her frustrations with the moment before Nyx did, her horned jaws flexing as a soft "Mmma... " escaped her. Nyx shared an uneasy glance at the pokemon, but again, nothing escaped her but a soft sigh. She just didn't know what conclusion to draw from this strange turn of events, not yet at least.

Looking skyward again, Nyx let out a long, shrill whistle. It must have seemed an incredibly odd thing to do until the cloud layer erupted above, her absent Togekiss rushing ground-ward at her call. The pokemon landed in a gale of feathery wings and turned with purpose toward his trainer. "Were you watching?" she questioned him mildly. As if she already knew the answer, Nyx didn't even keep her eyes on the Togekiss as reached to retrieved Gliss's Loveball from her beltline instead. Nimbus's bird-like response, though unintelligible, seemed to be exactly what she expected as well as Nyx continued. "Good. Keep your eyes out for those Suits." Taping the button on the extended ball, Nyx recalled Gliss without a word, and turned her back on Togekiss to look at her two fellow trainers.

"Well, whatever happened here, it seems to be over...for now at least. But we need more information," she offered, rubbing a hand over the back of her neck in contemplation. Her eyes fell on the clear lake waters and seemed to gain some resolve. "I doubt I'll find much within my range of breath but... I'm gonna dive down into the lake and see what I can find in there."

Nyx looked curiously at the other two. She didn't know them well enough to guess their reactions and this would certainly be viewed as an unusual suggestion, she was sure. Did either of them have free dive experience? she wondered.

Finion thought about Kaleb's suggestion, about how much sense it made but also how it was sort of a guess. He didn't want to assume anything- not yet. He highly doubted that the whole of Thavma was evil and against them ... though Finion was sure not to dismiss the idea entirely. Along with that he had many other thoughts about the situation however he kept them to himself, not really knowing how to form them into words and deciding it would be alot better to just let them run on in his head.

Since no one else was around he stopped looking for people and instead focused on the group, noticing Anthos first. He did not seem happy at all, angry almost. Fin found himself growing concerned, Anthos was the person who Finion knew the most, who he trusted the most. Anthos was the reason why they were all there, he had brought them all together which was why Finion saw Anthos as the leader of their group. To see him like this already, so early on in their journey was not a pleasant sight. Once again though no words left his mouth Finion just watching with an unsure expression as Anthos flew away on his dragonite. "Hmm"

His thoughts were interrupted as he felt a sudden breeze behind him, Finion already knowing that it was Gaia landing where Hop, Tox and Sparky now stood. Asides from Raven who was standing next to Finion, all his Pokemon looked rather guilty asides from Sparky who sat on the ground with folded arms. Fin turned to face his team, hands firmly planted on his hips as he attempted to hold an annoyed expression. He lasted a few seconds before smiling "It isn't any of your fault's, try not to stray to far though next time and don't be alone" He looked to Sparky in particular when he said that,the Pachirisu giving a little huff and looking away. Tox and Hop had went together to the lake and Gaia had tried to follow Nyx's togekiss but lost her in the clouds. Sparky had ran off on his own, something Finion didn't really like. "Everyone back in, want you all ready incase we're attacked again alright" He turned to his Zoroark, giving her a thankful nod. The Pokemon smiled in return, gently punching Finion's arm and then pressing down on her pokeball to return herself.

Finion's pokemon began to follow Raven's lead and press onto their own pokeballs, being recalled into them in a flash of red light as their trainer brought his attention to Nyx, listening to what she was saying. Her suggestion did surprise Finion at first, an eyebrow quirking up as he glanced back to Kaleb to see his reaction. "Alright" His gaze returned to her. The more he thought about it the more it made sense and his confused expression changed back into a smile. "I can't dive with you- Not that I don't want to I'm just not a good swimmer, can't really hold my breath for long" He was rambling, he realised "-but I can offer my politoed's help if you want" Hop had just went back into her Pokeball, but Finion was sure she would not mind being called out again. As for Sparky he had returned to his usual perch on Finion's shoulder, hunched and appearing rather annoyed.