• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Eight Gyms League Roleplay

"Challenge you?" Aris scoffed, flipping her hair in annoyance. So this guy was a Gym Leader, but obviously one who didn't recognize her. "First of all, I'm Aris Territa. Does that ring any bells for you? And second, I'm the Fairy type Gym Leader. I'm not looking to get a badge from you," she said.

She narrowed her eyes at his outfit, but decided to tone her criticism of it down. People here and their bad clothing brought her stress, and stress is bad for her. "Where did you even get that... hobo look? Did you decide on a nature-and-no-shower retreat?"

(@~Patriot~)

Mason studied the girl for a moment. She definitely looked the part of the arrogant, pompous rich kid that her words and behavior portrayed her as, and she certainly put far more effort into her appearance than Mason ever did. After a moment of silence passed between them, Mason chuckled before stating with a shrug, "I can't say I've heard of you before today, Ms. Territa, but if you're a Gym Leader that makes us colleagues." He tossed another cake down to the Hippopotas before pondering her next comment. "I guess I do have a sort of...hobo-chic look going on!"

Mason grinned from ear to ear and posed for a moment before regaining his composure. "Seriously, though, I did just get back from a little camping excursion. Three days with me, Aych, and the grass beneath our feet." He tossed the final cake down to Aych, and scratched behind the Hippopotas' ears as it snapped it up. "But now I'm back, and I'm gonna have to be getting to my Gym soon."

(@litleocub)

Last edited:

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Urgh, so you're just going to leave me for the dead? I'm hurt," Milo wipes aside an imaginary tear, one hand place neatly over his chest in an over dramatic show of betrayal, as if it really actually offended him.
"how dare you, and here I thought you had my back," he pouts.
Jokingly, he held a pokeball to his chest, a replacement for a flower, to which he acted out well to show, and rested the back of his hand to his forehead, leaning back slightly.
"There's nothing that can save me now, even god can't twist what is to come." He placed a hand on Maskerin's shoulder, "If I die, tell my parents that I love them. And tell my mom her lasagna still sucks and please, for the love of god, don't bring it to my funeral." He laughs.
"Just kidding, don't tell my mom that, she'll come find me at even the deepest pit of hell just to bring me back and kill me again. I rather not die twice."

Willow brushed his hair back again, blushing feebly as he endorsed into the comfortable silence. He nodded timidly to Saphrax's gracious praises, and whispers back shyly.
"Your drawings are really pretty too," the blush unintentionally deepens, "I-I don't mean to peek! I just happens to see it when you opened your own book." He said quickly, "Apologies if you didn't want anyone to see." He murmurs, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Aris noticed only now that the Mason was barefoot, and she could barely hide the dread she felt from just imagining the feeling. No shower, too. She shuddered from the amount of grime that must've accumulated from those two days.

"I didn't know designers included grass stains and bare feet in their Hobo-chic collections," she said, sniffing at the state of his clothing once more. She pondered about what to do next, since he did say he'd go to his Gym. She could just go to her Gym tomorrow, since her Manager set it up already.

"I'm bored. I think my followers would like to have a tour of other gyms," she said. "Can I go to your Gym? After you get a shower, please."

(@~Patriot~)

Mason stood up and stretched, feeling refreshed and ready to go after his snack, and pulled his pack back over his shoulders. Aych got to it's feet as well and shook it's head, as if to prevent itself from dozing off. Mason thought for a moment about Aris' request, and after quickly scanning her attire and build decided that if she tagged along it would be well after dark before they arrived on foot.

"Do you have a car that we could take?" Mason asked. "If we walk together it'll take much longer than if Aych and I went ourselves." Mason added a quick "No offense!" and momentarily offered a placating gesture. She definitely won't take kindly to walking for so long anyways, he thought as he awaited a response.

(@litleocub)

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
He gently took the drawing, looking at it with great wonder. The drawings surely was detailed, and despite the book being half done, Willow had plenty to look at.
"Woah, you really focus on the anatomy of humans huh," he breathes, "it's amazing how realistic the clothings are, you put a lot of effort into these!" He praises, flipping to the next page and the next enthusiastically. His black eyes seems to shine despite the dark color scheme that adorns it, and it glowed with warmth as he observed the pages, each image carefully drawn and he must admit, Saphrax has skills.
"Ha, your drawings placed my pictures to shame," he hands back the book after he was done with it, "it's more well done than the real thing itself." He smiles, "You're really amazing Saphrax,"

"Yes, I have a van actually, but it's full of precious cargo such as my clothes and since you haven't showered yet, you can't go on it," she said. She turned red from embarrassment before she rebutted his last statement.

"It's not like I can't walk! I have a fan and a parasol anyway, and my Pokemon will surely appreciate the fresh air," she said, "Should I get tired, I will stop and let my manager pick me up. Speaking of them, I'll let them to meet with me at your Gym."

(@~Patriot~)

"Well I love how everyone is so different. It can be a lot of fun to draw new people as the shape is all different from person to person." Saphrax smiled and accepted the praise. Though had it been someone else, he would not have been as happy. Willow had become his crush in a short amout of time. He hoped that Willow would be ok with it. Though he could not help but think about what happened with his parents about a month prior to the trip. He still delt with the aftermath from it, he hoped that he could get over what they did, but he knew it would take time. His smile grew slightly sadder as a result, though it changed as he heard Willow speak. "You have to know that your photos are amazing. You should take some pride in them."

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow's blinks as the atmosphere suddenly saddens by a little after Saphrax had mention how everyone is different, and tilts his head in slight confusion. But as fast as the mood changes, it reverse back once again, and Willow thought he must've imagined the changed aura.
Deciding not to worry over such trivial things such as misreading the situation, Willow continues with the conversation, happily fiddling with his hair, trying to endorse himself with the little play as he listens to the encouragements Saphrax urged forward. Touched by the genuine tone displayed by the kind gentleman, Willow grins foolishly to himself again, looking like a happy school girl who just noticed by their crush in class. So caught up in the sudden burst of warm emotions blossoming along his chest, Willow for a second forgot how to reply. So there he stood listening to the praises and didn't say anything besides happy squealing, shaking his head with an excited squeak. It was a childish thing he was letting himself slip to, but at the current moment, Willow wasn't aware of how possibly embarrassing he must be showing himself off as, but it was clear the male would probably regret it later on when his mind leaves the seconds of euphoria he had engaged himself in.
"Th-Thank yooooooou," he finally forced out, "I'll keep that in mind, I'll write it down somewhere maybe." He said, still grinning.
"We should go get something to eat together after we get off the boat, Sarah can bring her new friend along together if she'd like. I had wanted to try some new food for a while, I want to take the chance."

"There's no time like the present, then!" Mason exclaimed. He whistled for Aych to follow behind him, and started for the cafe doors. He turned to Aris and waved for her to come along. "Let's get going!" He said with a bright smile. With that he turned back to the doors and walked outside, relishing in once again feeling the sunlight on his face.

A week on the job and I'm already meeting other Gym Leaders! Mason thought excitedly. He spread his arms wide and closed his eyes, taking in the feel of the breeze through his hair, the sun on his skin, and the grass beneath his feet.

(@litleocub)

"Sure, I would love to get something to eat with you. If I know Sarah though, she will probably go to do practice for the contest with her Mioltic. Which is something she loves to do, so we might be on our own for the meal." Saphrax could not stop smiling, as he enjoyed the sight of Willow so happy. He was a big kid, which was something that made the guy adorable to look at. He was happy that he could brighten his mood. It was also enough to make him forget the things that he had to deal with.

Aris texted a quick message to her manager before following, grateful for her light, pretty clothing and parasol to protect her from the heat. She was still bothered about Mason going shoeless, but she didn't voice them anymore. He probably wasn't going to listen. She caught up to him before releasing her Whimsicott, who relished in the fresh air.

She stayed behind him, not wanting to get dirty until he showered. "So," she started, getting tired of scrolling through pictures of other celebrities. "Why did you choose to have a nature retreat?"

(@~Patriot~)

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"I see, " Willow answers, "I don't mind if it's only us two, we seem to click well," he said.
"Woah, but what should we eat? Go to a cafe? Bakery? Fast food restaurant? Maybe the ice creams there? They sound like a good snack." He babbles, "What do you think? What would you like to eat?" He looks over towards the older male.
"I wouldn't mind what you choose, as long as the menus there includes something like a salad." He told him, "I'm a vegetarian," He added, "so I'm picky with my food."

Damien smiled softly to Erica "Its really nice to meet you too, Erica" said Damien. Scythe was looking from Damien to Erica, back to Damien and back took Erica with that sweet smile of his on his face. "Hey, Hey, Damien. Can Erica join us in our adventure on the island?" he asked and used baby-doll eyes move.
"Of course she can.. If she wants, then I have nothing against it, Tommy" answered Damien.
Tommy turned back to Erica and looked like he waited for her answer, he gave her encouraging smile.
@Mangoez~

Mason walked and talked, slowing his step slightly while speaking. "Ever since I was a little kid," Mason began, "I've always felt more comfortable in nature than in big cities." He recalled his upbringing in Pastoria City; swimming in the ocean, exploring the forests, and playing in the Great Marsh. "I grew up in a smaller town in a fairly remote part of the Sinnoh Region," he continued, "So there wasn't much to do except for exploring nature."

"Anyways, I went out on this particular excursion so that I could familiarize myself with some of the wilds around Spring City and my Gym." Mason looked down to the Hippopotas waddling beside him. "Plus, I wanted to spend some quality time with Aych, here. He and I only recently partnered up."

(@litleocub)

She justed smiled. "Of course Clint, I believe you can be the strongest trainer anyone has ever been but don't get cocky about thinking to beat me because you won't have a chance" she teased giving a chuckle. "I believe in you all the time even if you say you don't" she added giving a gentle smile.

Naga smiled to Erica. "Greetings dear, as Scythe said I'm Naga, the Sylveon here is Ribbon also my partner and the moth on Damion's head is Shiver my Frosmoth" she introduced as Shiver flew off Damion's head back to Naga's as she latched her legs on firmly. "It's a pleasure to meet you Erica" she added giving a gentle smile. @Clite of Dragonbow @Mangoez~

Maskerin chuckled. "Oh wow such sarcasm....I think you misjudged me so far that I could die...." She said acting her part as well as Missy seemed to follow by acting sad. "And I thought...you were my bestest friend Milo...I'm about to cry..." She added making tears in her eyes. @Willow Tree

(Omg sorry guys was busy and exhausted x.x)

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ah! Then let's see..." Willow took out a little map of the new region he was getting himself into, looking closely for perhaps restaurant or cafe to endorse themselves into.
"Well, there is a buffet, somewhere near the coast of the ocean from which we'll get off from," he suggests, "but it's 20 dollar per person, I don't know if you're willing to pay that." He said, "We can also go to a little bakery, they have a cute backyard that we have free reign over. It has so many flowers!" He smiles satisfyingly at that, "There's also a seafood restaurant, don't know how to feel about that but I can put up with seaweed stew I guess," he continues.
"Got one that catches your eyes? Do you want to look over the map yourself maybe?"

"Oh, nature wasn't really something I could explore as a child in Castelia City. You know, the one in Unova?" Aris said, narrowly avoiding a branch in her path that would make her trip on her wedges. Her Whimsicott happily hopped beside her, taking in the new sights of the island. Aris let out her other Pokemon as well: Togekiss, Gardevoir, Mawile, Ribombee, and Hatterene. They were confused by the new surroundings at first, but they quickly adapted to it.

"My family travelled a lot, though. We were always on vacation during breaks or holidays. It wasn't until I was a trainer that I was able to go out on my own. Of course, until I was scouted as an idol," she said, smirking as she pulled a photocard from her bag. She autographed it before handing it to Mason. "While familiarizing yourself with the island, why not familiarize yourself with me, too? I'm sure you're honored to have me around you, so here's something from me."

(@~Patriot~)

"Well I do not mind where. How about the buffet. That way we can get what we want and not feel bad if it is something that we do not like." Saphrax smiled. He was glad to see that Willow was a great guy. Though he did not notice was that one the pokeballs on a keychain attached to his bag, begun to shake, and out popped a large Drakloak. She floated behin Willow and started to play with his hair. "Oh I am sorry about Spirit, she is very loving and loves to meet others. She can be a bit touchy. Just tell her to stop if you do not like it."

Firey was wandering around the ship when he spotted his sister and Lucas, looking for him.

"Sharp, go to them and lead them to me, I'll be on the bow." Firey explained to his Pokemon.

The Absol walked up to Kay and Lucas.

"Lucas, look, my brother's Absol," Kay called out as Sharp bounded off towards the bow, "Follow the Absol!"

(@Mangoez~)

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Willow shrieks in surprise, nearly bouncing back a whole feet as the sudden pokemon started coming closer and played with his hair. He bristles in alarm, having no idea that it was a harmless little pokemon that was merely innocently ruffling around with his head and his face pales. The drakloak looks terrifying from his angle and with Willow being a cowardly guy, he felt like a heart attack can come anytime soon.
It wasn't only until Saphrax spoke that Willow was soothed into a calmer reaction, a staccato laugh leaving his chest as his still trembling hand reached up to pet Spirit.
"Ha...ha...nah, I don't mind if she gets too touchy...she's adorable," Willow stammers, "just don't tug at the hair please," he pleaded. "When we get off the ship, I'll show you my team too, you can play with them then," he told the pokemon, color slowly returning to his face as he had finally calmed down, taking in three deep breaths.
"So, buffet it is then?" He asks, peeking under the drakloak to look at Saphrax, "It should be open by now, I'll keep that in mind, we can go there perhaps before or after I visit the first gym." He told Saphrax, "Hope you don't mind that,"

Milo, having no idea that the fake tears were perhaps all fake and an act, or that she was maybe even playing along, completely fell for it, gasping in a panicked manner as he scrabble around Maskerin.
"Eh?!" He gapes, "Eh?! Eh?! Why are you crying?! It was a joke! A joke!" He cries, sweat dropping, "I'm the victim here! Why are you sad?!" He points at Missy, "You too!"
He circulated Maskerin frantically, a look of distress masking his expressions as his brows furrowed.
"Don't cry now, I'm sorry okay?" He begs, "I didn't mean a word I said, it was like you said, sarcasm!" He told her. "Don't cry, please I beg you."

Spirit lightly giggled then stopped playing with Willow's hair. She gave him a hug from behind, then came and floated next to Saphrax. Saphrax was glad that Willow felt better after the ghost type was shown to not be hostile. "Again I am sorry about her. She can be a bit much when she meets new people. Spirit I would like you to meet Willow. I do not mind waiting until you had your first gym badge, as it would be a lot of to watch you in action."

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ha, I don't even know if I can even beat the first gym, it's a fire type leader and I lead a grass team. It's guaranteed that I'll lose to them," he laughs, petting the drakloak as she left to join Saphrax.
"I don't specialize in battle either, I only came here for fun," he smiles, "and I'm certainly having a lot of fun right now." He push his hair back again.
"When do you think we'll land? I hope it doesn't take too long, the boat feels so squishy heh heh," he laughs as he placed everything back into his bag.
But then Willow seems to struggle with zipping up the pouch, grimacing as he pulls a bit harder. The zipper moves a bit, but didn't go further than that. Willow pouts, gripping onto the zipper with another hands as he pulls harder, the weight of the bag keeping it stable on the ground whilst the zipper was getting yanked. Willow wasn't particularly strong either, he'd lose a game of arm wrestling to a 5 year old if he was ever given the chance to even challenge one.
Though the pulling seems ineffective, the Newton's laws still apply and the zipper suddenly broke free from the metal piece it was connected to, causing the boy to suddenly fall back a short distance and onto his buttock.
It didn't hurt and he wasn't injured anywhere, just in daze as he blinked in confusion.
Luckily, no one took interest in him, and he looks down at the zipper piece that had just broken off and frowned in disapproval. He didn't look too annoy, just confused, as if he couldn't comprehend what just happened.
He looks from the zipper to Saphrax, both simultaneously. His mouth twitched in an amused smile and he chuckles a bit.
"Ah...I broke it didn't I,"

Milo's shoulder dropped, slumping downward in a somewhat disappointed manner, not on Maskerin's part but his own, for falling into her trap.
"Ha, you got me," he poked her, "I'm giving up my career on becoming an actor, you can take over now." He faked another tear, "Your acting place me to shame, I have no face to show my director now." He weeps, "Woe is I, we're not even at a contest hall and I have already thrown myself into an abyss or embarrassment, my mother would surely be looking down on me."
"And of course I'd forgive you, i could never be mad at you to begin with." He smiles graciously at her, "That was a good one, I'm impress."

"I have heard of Castelia City-" Mason began, "-But I didn't think it could be that bad!" He was distracted for a moment by Aris releasing her Pokemon, and took note of which among the Pokedex made up her team. She must be a Fairy Gym Leader, he thought, making a mental note of the development. And with a Whimsicott of her own, too.

"Anyways-" Mason continued, shaking his head slightly. "-I can't even imagine going for more than a week without breathing the forest air and feeling the forest floor beneath my feet." The irony of that statement was, of course, that Mason had become a Gym Leader, a profession that included a lot of paper work and time cooped up indoors while helping to run the City.

The man delicately slipped a hand into a pouch on his belt, and produced a Poke Ball. He tapped the button on the front, and after a flash of white light a Gogoat materialized in front of him. Mason addressed the Mount Pokemon with a simple, "Hello, Heidrun." Heidrun pushed her head into Mason's chest in a sort of delicate headbutt, and Mason stroked her horns softly. He clambered up onto her back and urged her to pick up a slow trot in order to stay with the rest of the group.

(@litleocub)

"Ugh, I don't think I can live in the forest for more than a week. Like, unless I have a bathtub, toilet, and plush bed, then no," Aris said. She took a picture of herself against the green background before posting it.

arisen☆ posted a new photo.
arisen☆: i looove nature ♡
401 likes • 34 comments • 5 mins ago

She jogged to catch up with the guy on the Gogoat, which wasn't easy considering she was wearing wedges. Cute ones that would be ruined by this walk. She noticed the Gogoat and looked back at the Hippopotas, and then back at the Gogoat. Ground, Grass...

"Which Gym do you run? What type?"

(@~Patriot~)

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Lucas
“Alright, we’ll go.” Lucas said, as he began to follow the Absol on the way to find Kay’s brother, Firey.
Erica
Wait, they are traveling with us too? I thought it was just Scythe and I, but I guess not, Erica thought as she was slightly confused. She looked at her phone to check the time, and HoH oh boy, it had been a while on the boat.

"Isn't it obvious?" Mason asked with a smile, spreading his arms wide as if to encompass the entirety of the nature around them. "I'm the Spring City Grass-Type Gym Leader." Mason released the rest of his team after saying this. A Sawsbuck (Summer Form), a Whimsicott, and a Breloom all materialized from the flashes of white light.

"This is the team I've raised specifically for the purpose of battling Challengers," Mason explained. "Plus Heidrun, here." He surveyed Aris' Pokemon once again, and decided to voice a question of his own. "Obviously you're a Fairy-Type specialist" He began, "But how did you end up going from -pop idol was it?- to Gym Leader?"

(@litleocub)

Clint made a low laught "JC... You are the one that shouldn't be too cocky, we never had a serious fight before!" said Clint and walked up to JC and tapped her nose with his finger "Thank you.. I will be probably be going now.. Maybe let's go somewhere together tommorow?" he asked her and smiled slightly.

Scythe looked at Erica with his ice-blue eyes, trying to look up at her eyes "Don't worry, They will be probably so busy together that it will be almost as if just the two of us traveled together" said Scythe and his 'All evil and sadness destroing' smiled arrived once again on his face.
"What do you mean by that Scythe?" asked Damien, but the boy just glanced at him and didn't say a word, with an eyes that were saying 'try to guess'
@Mangoez~, @LunarSilvally

Maskerin chuckled. "No don't...your really good at it Milo...even though I "caught" you in the act hehe" she said as Missy chuckled. "Missy is a natural when acting so don't be mad at her because she still does favor you Milo" she added as Missy floated over to Milo and hugged him from behind with her cloth like hands giving a gentle smile. @Willow Tree

She gave a slight blush by the tap of his finger touching his nose before she closed her eyes chuckling a bit. "I don't mind it at all but we should get going, the trainers will be here soon and I can't show myself just yet since I am the last gym leader they will face so I will see you around Clint" she said tapping his nose back with her finger before walking out as Blue and Blade followed after her after Blade nudged Clint goodbye.

Naga just gave a smile. "So...will any of you be participating in the gym challenge...I don't think I will since I am mostly more interested in coordinating..." She said as Shiver fluttered her wings up and down for the moment
@Clite of Dragonbow

After Brian settle in to his new house and looked at the key he was given, he decided to go and check out his Gym that he heard was near the middle of Fortune City. The building itself looked promising and noticed a few people who looked like they were security guards who immediately walked up to the fuchsia colored wearing man. "Excuse me sir, but you wouldn't happen to be Brian, would you? We heard you were coming and what you looked like, I have to say you have quite the eye for fashion." The man said with a smile, Brian returned the smile and chuckled. "Why thank you and yes, I most certainly am Brian. I thought I'd settle into my new house and see what my new Gym is like if you would be so kind as to show me around." Brian replied. The man nodded. "Of course, right this way then." He said as he went inside with Brian close behind to check out the Gym.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Heh...you're right," he sighs as he gently rubbed Missy's cloth-like arms. He looks over the railings, down to the endless blue beneath that can easily take a life if one were to fall. He look beyond that too, to see if he can catch a sight of land, blinking past the spray of the ocean waters.
"How long do you think till we land?" He asks, leaning lightly on the rail. "I sure as hell don't wanna sleep on a rocking boat," he chuckles. "I won't even be able to catch a wink of sleep, how am I suppose to challenge a gym leader if I look like a panda on the first day?"

Her Whimsicott happily hopped to where his Whimsicott were, as if inviting them to play together. Aris gently put her hand on the Sawsbuck's head, patting it. Her other Pokemon approached the others cautiously.

"Hm," Aris pondered over what to answer. It's true that it was a publicity stunt, but she doesn't know if that's the only reason. "I did it to gain more popularity. I mean, a Gym Leader and an idol? That's going to be so interesting. Besides, the Gym Leader thing is like a part-time job for me. My manager does all the paperwork, and I do all the battling."

Her eyes were still on the Hippopotas as she pet the Sawsbuck absentmindedly. "How come you have a Hippopotas then?"

(@~Patriot~)

Kay followed Sharp and found Firey at the bow, holding on to a Dedenne pendant. Kay recognized the pendant as Ariana's.

"Firey, is that Ariana's pendant?" Kay asked.

"Yes," Firey responded, "So, is Lucas traveling with us?"

@Mangoez~

-----------

Eugene responded, "I'm working on it, I have a Sandslash, a Swampert, a Alolan Dugtrio, a Garchomp and a Shiny Krookodile, and are you traveling with anyone?"

Eugene got a refill on the lemonade while trying to figure out Claydol's name.

@ultraNecrosis_

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
“Ah, alright. I didn’t mind travelling alongside them, just kind of shocked that it wasn’t just you and me.” Erica said to Scythe.

“Oh, yeah, I am doing the gyms, and may participate in a contest once in a while, as I have done it before and did actually pretty well.” Erica then said to Naga.
Lucas
“Well, that’s what Kay pulled me aside for over there. We are indeed traveling together, is it okay with you? It’s fine if you don’t, I’m checking since, you are, you know, Kay’s brother.” Lucas asked.