• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Eight Gyms League Roleplay

"I-i was wondering if I could..." Kay was really nervous, "Travel with you?"

Kay finally got the question she wanted to ask dealt with. Dragonair popped out of his pokeball and went to napping.

@Mangoez~
-----

Eugene was continuing drinking the lemonade, waiting for the boat to land. Claydol decided to take a nap.

"Sir, can I get some water?" Eugene asked a nearby deckhand.

"One water coming right up!" The Deckhand answered.

"I do not know if I will challenge them at the moment. I mainly am using this as a break from my manager." Saphrax smiled at Willow. He was glad to know that there was someone that he could talk to besides his cusin.

Sarah begun to play with her togepi and looked to Willow and Saphrax. "Hey Willow and Saphrax, what do you say that we travel together. I think it will be fun. What do you say?"

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ah, can I?" Willow looks between Saphrax and Sarah, a little bit in disbelief. "If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love too!" He answers eagerly, happy with the idea.
The boy claps his cheeks with his hands, as if he was trying to wake himself up. He squishes it in a silly way, letting out a low squeal of excitement.
"Wahhhh, this is the first time I'm travelling with others, I can't believe it." His eyes sparkled as he whips his head to look back up at Saphrax, "It really will be fun!" He agrees, looking at Sarah too, "There's all kinds of things we can do! Ah! I'm so thrilled!" He squeaks, bouncing a bit on his toes happily.

Last edited:
(Emm.. I just don’t know if @Mangoez~ saw my post as Scythe that I made earlier..)
-
Clint gave a slight, kinda forced smile and pet Blade "Yeah..Thanks JC...." he said quietly and took last sip of his coffee.
-
Damien smiled as he listened to Naga's question and watched Shiver as she flew off Naga's head. "In truth I still don't know.. At first, I was just keeping company for Tommy (Scythe).. I still kinda don't know.. If I would like to be a cordinator or battle in gyms.." Damien stood up, Perun walked up to him and he pet his pokemon "But as long as I am not alone, I think that I will be fine with anything.. Maybe I will try both gym battles and cordinator performances.. Who knows" he said and gave Naga a smile.
@LunarSilvally

Sarah gave a soft and motherly smile. Which she rarely gave to anyone that was not her pokemon or her cusin. "I would not have brought it up if I did not want you to join us." Sarah winked at Saphrax, who did not understand what she meant by it. He was a bit dense when it came to understanding his cusin.

"Yeah I would be happy for you to join us. It would be a lot of fun." Saphrax smiled at Willow. He was really gald that the guy would actually go with them. He even laughed when Willow start to bounce, which caused Blaze to slap him with his tail harder then he did before. The hounder let him know that he knew that Saphrax liked the guy.

Saphrax just gave him a look and turned back to Willow. "You said that you carry your hobbies around with you. What is it that you like to do?"

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
Scythe’s smile made Erica smile. Erica had a good feeling about him, and she was starting to even start developing a minor crush on him.

“So, what now?” she asked Scythe.
Kayla
Kayla finished her toast and coffee before looking at the once-arrogant Aris actually being nice for once and asking to sit at a table. In fact, Clint’s table.

Instead of making a huge interaction with them all, Kayla just said, “Ah, so you’re being nice for once, I see,” to Aris, as she left the cafe and was waiting for a taxi with her baggage when she saw well, the other side of the fight, rather Brian.

“Hey, you showed her good there.” she said to Brian.

She just gave a smile. "Hey no problem, don't want a friend of mine feeling down about himself, just try your best and everything will be alright in the end Clint, don't worry about alright but we should prepare, the trainers should be here soon enough" she said to him.

Naga smiled gently. "I was mostly interested in Coordinating...since I am mostly better at it and Ribbon here....is a natural at it...so....I decided to follow through with it...maybe...we can enter together if they have a building for contests for coordinators....if...if you want to do it with me that is...you don't have too...though..." She said as Shiver flew up to Damion's head latching on to it as Naga couldn't help but laugh. "Hehe, now Shiver has got your head Damion..." She added. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin chuckled. "Milo, calm down....are you that excited about everything...hehe don't make me hug you from behind and play with your curls....actually...I will.." she giggled as she hugged him from behind playing with his curls. "They are so bouncy" she added.

Key keep a hold of Kiki before thinking about teasing him. "You know what Kiki, I am going to use Draining kiss on you?" She teased going for the move. @Willow Tree

Brian turned his head to the individual that appeared to talk in his general direction. "Why thank you, I only wished here to settle down so everyone could enjoy a peaceful meal." He said before he turned to a taxi that pulled over nearby. "As much as I would love to stay and chat, I have a Gym that needs seeing to, I do hope to see you again though. Good day." Brian said as he nodded at Kayla before he went over to the taxi and told him about his destination.

After a while of travelling via taxi, Brian finally arrived at a town named Fortune City--a city he thought seemed amusingly appropriate for someone like himself--and was immediately dropped off outside one of the houses with a sign that said 'Sold' on it, likely Brian's new home. The house itself looked nice on it's own with a small garden in the front yard, a porch with a chair and a fifth of the second floor seemed to be like a balcony with a small table and chair under the warm sunlight. "Home sweet home, huh." Brian said as he collected his bags and began to walk inside, the interior itself looked plain to say the least, but that only meant he had the freedom to customize, something he planned to spend during his first month here.

"Yeah.. A friend.." he repeated and after he ended his coffee "Thank you for accompany.. JC.. I will be going now probably" he said, he wanted also to thank Kayla for her company too... But she quickly left...
-
Damien walked up to her and smiled softly "I would like to do it with you, Naga" he answered her and then he felt that his head is... Heavy... He chuckled as he noticed, that is Shiver. "I wonder, if my head is
comfortable for her?"

Scythe wondered for a while "Well, we may start by simple looking around together. I heard that this island is really beautiful and there are lots of pokemons too.. What do you think about it?"

@LunarSilvally, @Mangoez~

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
“Ah, that sounds-s, great! I think we’ll have a great time with each other!” Erica said to Scythe, as she sounded quite excited.
Kayla
“In fact, I have a gym to run too. See you!” she said to Brian as he left.

She then entered the next taxi that was picking her up, and went to the city she was to have the gym in, River City.

She arrived at her home for the time being, which looked like a nice modern two-story home that wasn’t big but small. Kayla let her baggage and saw quite a simplistic interior that needed more decorations. But, she did like it indeed.

"I observed the glare the one girl gave, my guess, that was possibly a sibling, I have three of my own, that's how the idea came up." Kay explained.

Dragonair woke up and decided to go back to his previous spot, where the center of his body was on her left shoulder. He was a lot calmer, perking up instead of charging up Ice Beams.

@Mangoez~
------

"Yes, Claydol's fine, they've taken a lot more than an accidental bump." Eugene responded, "I am Eugene Gong, a ground type Trainer, what's your name?"

Claydol woke up, looking around.

@ultraNecrosis_

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"I have plenty!" Willow replies enthusiastically, heaving his bag heavily in front of himself, landing with a heavy thud on the boat surface. Willow swore to god he felt the ship sway by the weight. The noise of the bag landing was pretty loud, and Willow's cheek once again flushes with embarrassment. He appears flustered despite the fact that barely anyone noticed over the chatter and laughs nervously to brush it off.
"Ehehehehe...." he unzips the bag awkwardly, mildly covering his face with his hair. He took out a book and a tiny bag from the collections of things inside the pouch, holding it up for Saphrax to see. The title shows that the book's content was about wild flowers, and the bag contains seeds that matches the picture shown on the front cover. He placed the two objects aside before taking out more books and the seeds that matches it, sometimes even a flower or two. Some berries accompanies the side pouches, but they're pretty common so Willow didn't bother to show them, only the weirder ones.
"I really like plants," he said, quite shyly, "they fascinate me a lot so I study them in my free time, I also take care of pokemons, so I take spare berries with me." He explains. He took out a camera too, and handed it to Saphrax.
"You can look through that, it's nothing special, just close up pictures of pokemons and plants." He offers, "I plan to take more pictures once we reach our destination, would be a nice souvenir to take home." He said.
He then looks over slightly to meet another newcomer, who was talking to Sarah, asking if they can join in on the conversation. Willow wasn't against it, so he merely waves a greeting.

Milo jumps a bit as Maskerin hugs him, playing once again, with his curls. He laughs, and whines childishly, patting her hand that held him.
"Ah, you gave me a warning and I still got jumped, I need to be more prepared huh," he laughs. "If this can startle me, then I'll be a lost cause in haunted houses."

"Noooooo, I didn't even do anything! Not draining kiss!" He screeches, leaning back comically, "You know that is a killer move! Not fair!"

She was a bit worried for Clint so had to ask. "Are you alright Clint? You seem well....kind of down..." She said walking out with him as Blue and Blade followed her out. "Is there something you want to tell me or something that is bothering you?" She asked.

Naga just smiled. "Trust me any head is comfortable with her so no need to worry about anything right Shiver?" She said as the Frosmoth flapped her wings a bit to agree with her. "Well anyway...I look forward to working with you Damion...ok...let's do our best..." She said gently placing her arm around him keeping her sweet smile. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin laughed. "I know that is true Milo hehe and well....I don't do well in haunted houses either so....we will be scared together...hehe but Missy will really enjoy herself in that house since she is naturally a Pokemon that makes mischievous sounds to scare people...and she knows it..." She said as Missy chuckled to the fact of what her partner said.

Key chuckled. "I was just kidding Kiki, I won't do that to embarrass you...." She said. "Just behave now alright...." She said unlatching from him. @Willow Tree

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Haha, we'll be the loudest one screaming, you'll be surprise of how high a pitch I can scream at," he flips his hair jokingly, pretending to be proud of that fact, "I'm a professional scaredy cat, I use to be a singer y'know," he lies, giggling, "just kidding, my throat would've died by now if that were the case, but I really can scream loud! Wasn't lying about that part!" He laughs.
He eyes Missy suspiciously, stroking his chin, "You better not try to scare me in the dark Missy, if you do I'll know it's you." He jokes, "I'll extract revenge if that's the case."

"Meeeeeeh, you always know what to say to tease me," Kiki whines, shaking out his arms, "One day I'll do the same too."

Maskerin laughed. "Very funny Milo, I scream....well like a cute girl and no promises on that Milo hehe....that's just Missy's nature so prepare yourself when we get into a haunted house....haha...but Milo...once we get off this boat.....I have um... something to tell you....ok..." She said blushing shyly as she gave a smile to him.

Key chuckled. "Good luck, I am hard to crack under embarrassment hehe" she said jiggling her keys. @Willow Tree

Saphrax started to go through the pictures, and they were actually pretty good. He smiled at one that was a close up of houndor. He loved Blaze and the one in the picture is almost exactly like his beloved fire type.

"These are actaully pretty good Willow. I do painting sometimes, though Sarah here loves to take photos. I also draw, so maybe we can do something together sometime. It might be fun to do." Saphrax smiled as he thought of the idea. He loved to create art and it showed not only in his music, but also with his paintings.

Sarah turned to the new arrival, and gave a small smile. "I do not see why not, as we are likely going to be going to the same places. Though I do plan on competing in some of the contests, so there might be a few delays when it comes to getting to some of the gyms."

"I-I am... Fine..." he mumbled "No.. I am not.. Sorry.. I" Clint stuttered and stopped, he looked at JC "You really want to know?.."
-
As Naga placed her arm around him, Damien blushed sightly "Y-yhm... I look forward for it. Let's do our best" he said and gave her his best smile. "I would like to show you my partner, but we need to reach island first.
@LunarSilvally

Scythe chuckled as he saw Erica excitment with pure, sweet laught "Heh, I think so too.. I can bet that we will have great adventure together" he said "Oh! Would you like to meet one friend of mine?" he asked her.
@Mangoez~

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ahhhhh, I'm watching you then Missy," he laughs, giving Missy a funny look, "I'm not letting you out of my sight until we reach the exit of the haunted house, only a fool would do that." He giggles.
He turns to Maskerin, as she gave him a heads up that she needs to tell him something once they get off.
"Hm? Sure! Just need to remind me in case I forgets, my memories suck," he laughs, "though I doubt I'll forget you though," he told her, "but remind me anyways."

Willow fiddles with his hair, shyly ducking his head with a pleased grin at the compliments Saphrax was spoiling him with. His neck shrink within itself as his shoulder slumps forward, giggling stupidly to himself at the praise.
"Thank you..." he murmurs timidly, honestly touched by the male's way of thinking.
"I do enjoy painting myself, though I don't do it often, they don't turn out that nice and I'm not the most artistic," he admitted, "but I'd love to do so with you some times, it does sound like a pleasant idea, I like it." He said, brushing aside a strand of hair behind his ear, smiling adoringly at nothing in particular.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
“Sure.. I guess that’s fine.” Erica said. She was wondering who would that be, as she also began to blush slightly more at Scythe even though she didn’t notice it.
@Clite of Dragonbow
Lucas
“Hmm... okay then. Seems reasonable enough. I think we would be good traveling together, and hopefully your brother is good with it.” Lucas said to Kay. He was quite excited to get to explore, and was eager to explore with Kay.
@Cmeriwether

Aris watched as the Skyscale heir ignored her with the other people, leaving her alone with the table. She frowned. "Okay, rude, but I have a pic of that Skyscale guy."

Manager: I have set up the Gym for you. The details are in your personal Drive.
Aris: Pictures of the whereabouts of the heir might be a good thing to send to the reporters.

Aris sipped her coffee as she scanned over the Drive, looking at the different information before landing on the information about his little brother, making sure to memorize his face before she pulled up a contact from a local journal.

Aris: Is a pic of an heir mingling with some strangers worth anything?

"You are very welcome. I would love to see more of your photos when you get the chance. The ones I seen were really well done, and you really should consider selling some of them to magazines for them to use." Saphrax had a large smile on his face as he said this. He loved to see people who were passionate about their hobbies. He hoped that he could become closer to the guy, as it seemed that they were getting along so well.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ahhhhhh, you really are too kind," Willow stammers, waving his arms wildly in front of his face in slight denial from all the praises he was receiving. "Magazines seems so farfetched, I doubt the pictures will make it on any of the pages, maybe for a cooking book." He told Saphrax.
"And I most definitely would show the pictures to you once I have them taken, it's nice to have someone to show them too." He said. His pokeball twitches again, and he acknowledged it with another pat, ceasing the movement once again.
"Haha, my partner is excited," he laughs, looking up at Saphrax, "say, what's your team?" He asks. "I know you have that little guy," he points at Blaze, "do you have anymore?"

A man sauntered down the street, his gait as confident as his smile was bright, whistling a tune in time with the steps of the Hippopotas that trotted alongside him. The man carried a single-strap bag slung from his right shoulder to his left hip, and it was heavy with, judging by the clinks that sounded with each step he took, camping supplies. The Hippopotas carried a bag of it's own, with small bags attached to a molle body wrap that stretched from it's back down beneath it's belly. The pair walked without any real direction, merely meandering down a seemingly-random path and taking in the sights around them.

Suddenly, the Hippopotas stopped in it's tracks. It took the man a moment to notice, but he crouched down to the Hippo Pokemon's eye-level as soon as he did. "Something wrong, bud?" The man asked the Hippopotas , scratching it beneath the chin. It blinked a couple of times before softly snapping it's jaws twice while shaking it's head. "Hungry?" The man asked, and it nodded in response. At the moment, the man's own stomach rumbled, and he chuckled for a moment before saying, "It's decided, then. Let's get some lunch."
------------------------------
The man and the Hippopotas eventually found themselves in front of a small cafe, just as a girl with a mask and a rather tall man walked out. The man hardly paid them any mind, however, as he had found himself staring at his reflection in one of the cafe's floor to ceiling front windows.

Two nights of familiarizing himself with the island's wilds had left him looking kind of...scruffy. His blonde hair had gotten very little attention, only getting the occasional hand run through it, and as such it looked as though he had a serious case of bed head. He had grown a light amount of stubble, but it could almost be mistaken for a planned look. He had changed his clothes since starting his outing, but his dark green button down shirt was open and wrinkled, giving the appearance that he had been wearing it for three days as opposed to two. The black undershirt was also fairly wrinkled, but thankfully neither smelled like they had been worn for two days' worth of camping. The man's tan cargo pants were full of wrinkles and sparse grass stains, and his calloused bare feet were tanned from the excursion but not as dirty as one would assume.

If any of the other Gym Leaders see me like this they're gonna think I'm crazy, the man thought as he brushed off his clothes with his hands. Eh, doesn't really matter. Mason Reis opened the glass door and stepped inside, his Hippopotas lazily following behind.

"Well if you don't want magazines then how about a book. I am sure there are a lot of people would love the pictures that you take. They are really well done and I would love to have a couple for my home later on, once I find one I like and can afford." Saphrax smiled and hoped to tell Willow what he thought about the pictures, and enjoyed the one with the houndor especially.

"Regarding my team, I have three pokemon with me. Blaze here is my partner pokemon. He has been with me for a long time, and normally he would be running around and playing by now, but he must enjoy the company, as he has not gotten bored yet. I have two other pokemon with me at the moment. I have Flare my charmander, she is like the baby of the group, and then there is Spirit, who a drakloak."

"Well I am actually looking to compete in the contests and the gym challenge. I love a challenge, and I heard that this one would be a good one." Sarah smiled as she rubbed Togepi, who was softly sleeping in Sarah's arms.

The reporter was probably going to take a few days to answer, even if it was Aris Territa talking to them. She ate the rest of her sandwich, getting ready to leave and relax in her villa when she saw a guy near the entrance, dressed messily and looking like he lived in the woods. She grimaced again, backing down onto her seat and she waited for the guy to get away from her escape.

"He'll be fine, and besides who would want to mess with us?" Kay asked nervously, "Speaking of him, we need to find him.".

Kay then decided to signal Lucas to follow her and help look for him.

@Mangoez~

----

"Yes for the gyms, and still deciding on a name for Claydol here." Eugene responded.

Claydol was surprisingly liking the petting, which was unusual.

"I have five other Pokemon with me, but if I let them out, we'd be chasing two around the ship, again." Eugene continued, "That's why I even came over to the drinks station."

@ultraNecrosis_

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"A book...?" Willow thought about that part for a bit longer, thinking that the idea itself doesn't sound bad. Perhaps he can even write his own book, becoming a writer doesn't sound bad. He smiles at the thought and nods at it.
"I'll consider, perhaps," he said.
He listens then, as Saphrax introduce his team, and Willow scrolls through his camera, suddenly reminded of the houndour picture he had taken.
"Ah! Talking about Houndour, I do have a picture of one!" He pipes up, oblivious to the fact Saphrax had his direct attention to that one for a while.
As he finds the picture, he opens up another book, this time a picture book, filled with the images he had taken on his camera. He flips out the houndour picture and flaps it at Saphrax, urging him to take it.
"Here, you can have it, you said you'll like some of my pictures right? Consider this the first one," he offers, "I have more of these images at home, one day I'll take you there and you can take whatever you like," he suggests, "I don't have much use for them besides space taking."

Mason stepped through the cafe's door, taking care that he didn't bump his backpack into the glass, and shuddered for a moment as his feet touched the cold tile. I'll never get used to air conditioning, he thought while holding the door open for his Hippopotas. The pair walked by a girl sat alone at a table, and it didn't even cross Mason's mind that the grimace on her face may be for him.

"We're just here to get a snack," Mason began, patting the Hippopotas on the head. "I'll make dinner when we get to the Gym." It was hardly even noon, so by Mason's calculations the pair would have no trouble making it to Spring City by the time evening rolled around. The man produced a bottle from a pouch on the side of his backpack and set it down on the counter along with an appropriate amount of Poke¥.

"One spicy veggie wrap, two oran berry cakes, and a raspberry white tea in the bottle, please." Mason ordered. The girl behind the counter rung it up, gave Mason his change, and after a minute of preparation handed him his order. "Please come again," she said by rote, before perking up for a moment. "And by the way, sir, my little brother can't wait to challenge your Gym!" Mason smiled warmly and responded, "Then I'll be glad to battle him! It should be up and running within a day or two, so send him by." With that he smiled again, took his order, and sat down with his Hippopotas at a small table next to the windows and near the grimacing girl.

Aris perked up at the word "Gym" from the conversation between the messy guy and the cashier. She groaned, realizing the man next to her table was actually a co-worker. 'Might as well socialize.'

She turned towards the guy's table, giving him a once over before sighing. "Hey, weird guy, you're a Gym Leader?"

She sighed. "Well yes Clint...I am worried about you...so if you tell me...maybe I can help you with your situation..." She said as Blue and Blade looked to Clint worried as well. "Sol?" Blade said gently nudging his stomach to comfort him. "See....even Blade is worried about you that she needs to comfort you and I know Blue as well is worried for you.." she added. "Umbre...." Blue said agreeing.

Naga smiled looking to Damion. "Alright, can't wait to see your partner Damion, then maybe we can look for coordinating buildings and enter one because....I am excited to find one to participate in...and maybe we can train.together....if that's alright with you I mean..." She added giving a smile. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin chuckled. "Sure, I will remind you if that's what you want Milo hehe and don't worry I will keep Missy under control for you...as long as I am able...to...but once she disappears your on your own hehe..." She said. @Willow Tree

Just as Mason was biting into his wrap, the girl from the other table turned to him and asked if he was a Gym Leader. Brushing aside the "weird guy" comment, Mason finished chewing his food and smiled. "I recruited a little while ago as Spring City's Gym Leader." He took another bite and chewed thoughtfully as he studied the girl for a moment. "I'm not set up for handing out Badges yet, though, so you'll have to wait a day or two to challenge me."

Hippopotas nudged Mason's leg indignantly, snapping it's jaws more fiercely than it had outside. "Sorry about that, bud," Mason apologized, handing one of the oran cakes down to it. Hippopotas grumbled in appreciation, gobbling up the cake in a single bite.

Saphrax smiled and took the picture. It was a beautiful picture, and really captured what the happiness from the pokemon. He carefully took it out of the book, and placed it into one of his own. It had some small drawing that he had done, which could be seen as he tried to find a black space for the picture.

"Thank you Willow. I really do enjoy this picture as it reminds me of Blaze. I would love to see more of your work." Saphrax really enjoyed the time he spent with the guy. It seemed that the more he talked, the more his small crush grew.

Scythe smiled softly and took her hand gently. "Let's go then" he said and leaded her to Damien.
@Mangoez~
Damien smiled back "Sounds great to me. I can bet that such a building shouldn't be far away.. And I would really like to train together with you" he said.

Small smile arrived on Clint's face and he chuckled as nudged him. He pet the pokemon gently. "Well.. I have a lot on my mind.. But basicly... Am I really worth to be a gym leader.." he asked JC.
@LunarSilvally
---

Scythe eventually get with Erica to Damien and Naga "Damien! I would like you to meet someone" he said and turned to Erica "Erica, this is my friend, Damien. Damien, this is Erica. Oh! And the girl next to Damien is Naga" said Scythe and made a soft, innocent smile.
@Mangoez~ @LunarSilvally