• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Eight Gyms League Roleplay

Brian watched Aris' respond and simply blinked. "Is that so?" He asked rhetorically as he got his hands out of his pockets, put them together with a clapping sound and lowered his head enough for the shade of his hat to cover his eyes. "In my opinion of arguments, it doesn't really matter who started it. What is important is if you both finish this second..." He said as his tone of voice grew colder. "...Because if you refuse to settle down so everyone can relax...." Brian before he looked up at Aris, the shade of his hat still covered his eyes apart from the light that came from the hot pink pupils of his eyes whilst one of his hands placed themselves on her shoulder. "...I'll be forced to use a method to have you cease your hostility permanently." He said with a terrifyingly wide grin, the friendly and cheerful aura around him moments ago seemed to have been replaced by a darker kind that caused his Espeon to flinch as she didn't expect Brain to give off this rare reaction so soon.

"Sorry, my sister's Dragonair is highly protective of her." Firey explained, "Sharp here sensed a potential disaster."

The Absol barked when she was mentioned, preparing for anything.

"I'm Firey Argentston, and this is my sister, Kay." Firey continued, "Dragonair, please, no more Ice Beams!"

The Dragonair sighed.

"You sound a lot like my fiance Ariana." Firey responded, "What's your name?"

@ultraNecrosis_

Aris brushed his hand off her shoulder, getting annoyed at the physical contact. She didn't seem to realize or care about the change in the atmosphere. "No, thank you. My hostility is one of my defining traits, and it's defended me quite well," she said. Her Gardevoir shook in her ball, however, being the one to notice the change in the other man's aura.

"Huh? Plum, what's wrong?" she said, letting her Gardevoir out of the Pokeball. It stood between her and Brian protectively, eyes narrowed at him. Aris crossed her arms. "Great. Now you made Plum feel agitated."

@Red Gallade

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Kayla
“Oh, hello there. I heard about you earlier, I think. Clint, right?” Kayla asked Clint.

She then had her attention to a fight going on. It was about probably two other gym leaders, one she knew by her social media. It was Aris, and Kayla didn’t like her personality but liked her performances. She found it awkward to join in, so she just watched everything go down.

Erica
“Oh... hi there. M-my name is Erica, what is yours?” Erica asked Scythe as he walked up to her.

"Yhm, that's me. Nice to meet you, Kayla" he said to Water gym leader.
Extreme blush arrived on his face as Clint suddenly heard JC's voice "Oh, Hey JC.. Yes, I finally ended with my gym preparing, so I wanted to rest for a while" he answered her. "Want to join us?"

Damien looked as two pokemons tried to calm down Dragonair. "Well... This is my Arctozolt, Perun.." Damien said to Naga, introducing his pokemon. When Kay started to apologize he simply smiled softly to her and said "Don't worry, in the end nothing bad happend" as Ribbon tapped his arm with her ribbon, Damien simply smiled, leaned to her and pet the pokemon "You are Ribbon, if I remember right? Hey there.."

Scythe made a sweet smile "It's nice to meet you! My name is Thomas and Zoroark behind me is Vectra" he said and looked at her for a while with those ice-blue eyes of his and smiled again "You have a really pretty name you know? Well, I can bet that we are going to have great adventure on this island"
@Cmeriwether, @LunarSilvally
@Mangoez~

Last edited:

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Milo laughs, shaking his head as he chuckles to her comment.
"Fine fine, I'll keep the curls, more so because you like to play with them." He said. He held up two chunks of the curl that Maskerin so dearly adores, and wiggle them, appearing almost like a pikachu. "But this is what I have to deal with when I get up every morning. Bed hair." He told her, stilling wiggling the curls, "I don't even have hair gel, these little babies here are not getting down without a fight, it's always a massacre in the bathroom whenever they're like this." He jokes, giggling.

Kiki shrieks, wiggling in Key's arms. "No not a kiss! It might be a draining kiss for all I know!" He squeals.

Willow taps his chin a bit, listening as Saphrax explains this passion of his that he carries around with him. He smiles, seeing that they do have something in common.
"I too, also bring my hobbies around with me," he pipes up again, "unlike you though, I have some trouble carrying them around." He ducks his head, looking a bit guilty. "It's a lot of things held in one bag, so I have to get some help." He flicks a look at Milo. "Thanks god I met someone who was willing to help carry them, or else I might've missed this boat." He said.
"What kind of music do you play?" He asks instead, "Is it like an electric guitar? I heard those are famous."

"I'm going to find the first gym," Firey responded to Rina, " And the hopefully defeat it."

Firey was on high alert, since Kay had left the group.

"Uhh, Damion, I hope my sister's okay." Firey responded.

@ultraNecrosis_ @Clite of Dragonbow

------

Kay had taken in the information then spotted a boy her age, alone. He had Dirty Blonde hair, was four inches taller than her.

She shyly walked over to him and stood next to him. She was nervous, Dragonair had fallen asleep during the time she was away.

"H-h-hi!" Kay exclaimed, nerves hitting her at that moment.

@Mangoez~

-----

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Kayla
“Nice meeting you too, Clint,” she said, “also, why are you blushing?”
Kayla turned to JC and saw Clint was blushing at JC, and she decided to let it all play out as she drank another sip of coffee.
Erica
“T-thanks! I think we’ll have, well, a great time here. Also, that’s a nice Pokémon y-you’ve got there.” Erica said. She was not best a communicating with others, courtesy of other people.
Lucas
Lucas got off his PokéPhone when she saw a girl approach him. “Who are you?!” Lucas exclaimed.

“Wait, sorry, I get carried away sometimes. My apologies. But, hello!” Lucas said.

“Also, my name is Lucas if you were interested.” he then said.

Naga just smiled. "Well, this is Dolly, the Electric/Dragon Dragazolt...forgive her she is a bit shy and doesn't like conflict..." She said as Ribbon smiled wrapping one of her ribbons around his wrist sensing the strong connection from him like Naga has. "Sylveon?" She cried. "I believe she likes you Damion....her ribbon wrapped around your wrist proves to be...." She answered as Dolly walked over to stand next to her.

She gave a gene smile. "Of course, I don't mind the girls need a break from training so I might has well take the time for a break before the trainers arrive, if you don't mind of course" she said telling the employee for some coffee light and sweet and some tea.

@Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin chuckled. "Hey stop that....or you will tangle me with your curls Milo" she joked giggling as she looked to Firey. "Well, you will eventually meet a certain Absol with my friend who is well trained...Sharp wasn't it? Well, she is a good trainer I will say hehe" she added. @Willow Tree @Cmeriwether

Kay jumped back a little from the boy's outburst, Dragonair remained asleep, miraculously.

'He's Cute!' Kay thought, 'Wait, what!?'

"Kay Argentston." Kay responded, blushing slightly, "Nice to meet you."

@Mangoez~
------

"Hold on, Maskerin, my sister disappeared." Firey responded.

He started looking around for Kay, having no luck. Sharp was even looking with him. Firey was worried something happened.

"Hey, Milo, Maskerin, can you two help me, the young girl with me is missing, she's my sister." Firey called out.

@LunarSilvally

"Well I would not mind helping you either Willow. If you need me to." Saphrax smiled, as he thought the boy was very cute, and hoped to get to know him better. "It is actually an accustic guitar. I love the way it sounds. Though this not the guitar that I use for concerts, as that one is electric. You asked what type of music I play, I tend to do rock, and some accustic covers of my own songs."

Clint smiled softly and when he received his coffee, he took a sip of it. "Hmm.. It's great.." he whispered "Well, my team is training right now.. I gave them some.. Interesting training course, before I left"

Damien chuckled and said "Well, I like her too.." He continued to pet Sylveon. He looked where Scythe could be and noticed him with the blonde girl, probably around his age.. Well, that's good.. After all, Karma didn't let Scythe to leave Mansion often, so he didn't have many friends, if we don't count his pokemons.

Scythe gave Erica encouraging smile "Is something wrong?" he asked her stutter. "Do you feel uncomfortable talking to me?.. Sorry, if you want.. I won't bother you.."

@LunarSilvally, @Mangoez~

"S-same to you." Kay responded, blush still present.

Dragonair woke up, Kay thought it was best to return him before he accidentally made her new friend (?) an ice cube.

@Mangoez~

--------

"Thanks Rina," Firey responded coldy (remember I did say Slightly aloof).

He then spotted Kay, and a boy, talking.

"Hi there, Firey Argentston here, And you are?" Firey asked, confused.

@ultraNecrosis_ @Mangoez~

She received the coffee from the employee before paying her with the Pokedollars but had also grabbed two sweet Masaladas for Blue and Blade. "Here you are Blue and Blade, a reward for your hard work" she said handing them both the Masaladas as they went right to it. She took a sip of her coffee before turning to Clint. "My training is much more intense then anyone else...but the girls know how to handle it" she said as Blue and Blade looked to JC to agree with her. Naga smiled sweetly. "Here...let me show you something Damion..." She said grabbing his hand before placing it behind Ribbon's ear. "Scratch her here...she loves it when I do it..." She said before releasing his hand. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin looked to Firey. "Oh sure Firey but maybe this girl can help," she said pulling out a Dream ball as it popped open revealing a shiny Heart-Trimmed style Furfrou. "Sakuny, you think you can help us out?" She asked her. "Frou!" She barked before turning to Firey. "Do you have anything she can catch her scent on Firey for her nose to smell" she added as Sakuny looked up to Firey waiting patiently. @Cmeriwether

"Then be a good Klefki and I won't do it or maybe I could do it now just to tease you" Key warned but also teased as she was readying a Draining Kiss. @Willow Tree

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Milo looks around, trying to find the sister that Firey was talking about, to not luck as he couldn't see past the crowd.
"Ack, where could your sister go off too, I certainly can't see her from here." He said, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looks past all the bobbing heads. He looks down then, to see Sakuny, the little furfrou that he had adored some times back.
"Oh! You brought Sakuny! That's nice," Milo chirps, "she has a good nose, no doubt she'll be able to find your sister." He looks at Firey, waiting for the boy to give Maskerin what she asks for, if he had something to give at all.

Kiki squeaks, pouting as he stops struggling, acting like a baby.
"Fine fine, I'll be good. Have mercy," he said, though a bit sarcastically. "One day I'll learn draining kiss too."

Willow blushes lightly as Saphrax graciously offers his side of assistance, if Willow ever needs him. The young male fans his face with his hand lightly, thinking perhaps the heat is getting to him.
"R-really?," he said, a bit quietly, "That's very kind of you, I'd love the help, but I'd also would hate it if I ever have to burden you with this." He told the man.
Saphrax then went on about the types of music he has played with the acoustic guitar he owns. Willow looks amazed, and unintentionally clapped his hands gently, as if he was watching a presentation.
"That's impressive," he breathes, "you make your own songs too? That's awesome!" He praised. "Perhaps I can listen to some of your songs some other times," he suggests, "that is, if you're willing. People don't usually proudly show off things openly, it's takes time before they get comfortable with it." He said.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
"I-I have also been training with my Pokemon often, but my brother always disrupts me and he's very annoying. Annoying, just annoying. I wish I just had time to stay away from him. In fact, he is here on this boat right now." Erica said.
@Clite of Dragonbow
Lucas
"Lucas. Lucas Winter." Lucas said, quite confidently, extending his hand out to Firey, as he looked at Erica for one second.
@Cmeriwether

"Hey Guys, I found her, she's over by the water!" Firey called out to Maskerin and Milo, "Looks like she's talking to someone?"

Firey signaled for Milo and Maskerin to come over.

Firey shook hands with Lucas, and proceeded to explain, "Lucas, Kay is my sister, and one of my only family members left."

@LunarSilvally @Willow Tree
@Mangoez~
----

Eugene ran immediately to somewhere he wouldn't be spotted, and waited for someone to try and talk to him, preferably not Firey. Claydol levitated in front of its trainer.

"Want to bet?" Clint asked and chuckled "Trainers like us aim for endless grow and for me our numbers as gym leaders are just numbers... I can as well be defeated by Kayla tommorow or I can defeat you, JC... But one thing is certain. Our role as gym leaders is to lead young trainers in their path.. Strength never was important. We need to force them to do their very best and understand lessons from their journey and battles" said Clint and sipped his coffee "Hmm.. Great flavour.."

Damien blushed as Naga took his hand, then as she said to scratch Ribbon behind her ear, he does so. "So, you like when someone scratch you behind the ear?" he asked pokemon and smiled both to her and to her trainer.
@LunarSilvally

Thomas smiled at Erica in understanding way "Well... I can't say, try to live together and like each other as Sister and Brother should.. You don't need to walk with your brother, when you will be on the island.. If you want, you can go with me" he said and smiled.
@Mangoez~

”I hope this'll be worth it,” Cole said as he stood at the dock of the boat, his arms crossed. ”If not, then what will all of my training have been worth?” He looked down beside him, where his Carkol was standing.

”I bet you've been longing for some action, hm? Not to worry, friend. Once we arrive we’ll head straight for the first gym. We’ll crush them, like they are nothing.” After Cole’s speech, Carkol became excited and rolled around him repeatedly, before it stopped at it’s original spot and looked up to Cole, looking as hopeful and ready as ever.

795119_trainercard-Cole.png

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Hmm? Ah, coming!" Milo replies to Firey, who had apperantly already found his sister before giving Maskerin even a chance to do so too.
He ran over to Firey, looking at the newcomer he was shaking hands with.
"Wow, I'm meeting so many people at once, it's both amazing and overwhelming." He laughs. He watches the conversation continues, not bothering to bump in until they're done with introductions.

"No Koi, I'm not getting you another malasada," a young boy pipes, shaking his head with a sassy flip of a hair. The kid seems about 10, walking down a road leading to a cafe, to which was his original destination goal, but was distracted by other food stands that depicts foods of different cultures that he had wanted to try.
He pops a candied grape into his mouth, chewing loudly as his Vulpix barks next to him, demanding some of the sweet snacks.
"Patience, I said I'll get you some cheesecake once we get to the cafe, calm down." Kino whines, waving off his little partner whilst moving on to a skewered rice cake. Koi huffs, kicking at his trainer's heels, as if he was trying to break it. Kino pays him no mind, and opens up the door to the little Shop they had wanted to go in.
"Maybe I should get my grandma some cake too," he said, and then stops as he watches some kind of drama unfolds before him. Apparently, a duo is having an argument, whether be it about personality or clothings, Kino did not know. A gardevoir stood next in between the two, looking agitated. Kino blinks, and walk past the two without a second glance, not finding the need to interrupt them unless need be. He looks like a kid, surely enough they wouldn't be stupid enough to drag a child into this.
He had Koi sit himself a seat, so they have somewhere to rest their legs after ordering.
"Make sure the seat is good, I don't want a dirty one," Kino orders, "and remember, don't eat too much, you'd never know when the gym challengers might arrive." The kid adds in.
It was hard to believe the child was a gym leader, even if it was the first one. He's tiny in size and looks barely 12, not to mention he owns a vulpix for a companion, not a ninetales. At first glance, Kino probably couldn't even put up a fight. But the kid is still somehow the first gym leader, so there's still something they can offer, even if it's not much.

JC just smirked. "Fine, you want a bet, don't say I didn't warn you it is very intense, no pun intended" she said as Blue and Blade looked to Clint to agree with her. "Don't flake out once you actually see it, but I know there is more to a trainer then power Clint, they must also believe in them and not let their emotions get the best of them and cloud their mind, I'm not that stupid.." she said tapping his nose with her finger but gave a small smile to tease him a bit. Naga saw Maskerin and Milo leave her with Damion. "Aaaaannnnd they left me behind....like always...then I get lost..." Naga said sighing as Ribbon smiled enjoying the scratch from behind her ear. "Sylve!" She cried giving a smile to Damion as Naga was a bit more worried about getting left behind. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin followed after Milo with Sakuny and Missy running after her. "Oh wait for me Milo," she said as she made it to Milo and Firey. "Also yes Milo, of course I have Sakuny....she will always go with me silly boy.." she chuckled a bit as Sakuny barked approaching Milo as she placed her front paws to his chest and licking his cheeks. "Awwww...she missed you Milo" she added. @Willow Tree @Cmeriwether

"JC.. I know this.. No need to remind me" he puffed his cheeks and blushed slightly as she tapped his nose. He thought about telling her something but... Well, there was an enormous crowd in this cafe...

Damien continued scratching Ribbon ear as he heard Naga being worried that she may be left behind. He looked at her and smiled "Don't worry Naga.. We will catch them up" he he said to her.
@LunarSilvally

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Aww, I missed you too girl. Mwah! A big fat kiss right back at you!" He laughs, supporting the big dog with his hands as he blew kisses at the adorable furfrou, giggling. "Ahhhh, she smells so nice, you take care of her real well like always dearie." Milo compliments, flicking his tongue teasingly at Sakuny, "Got any other fur style you'll like to try on her one day?"

She chuckled teasingly. "I was just kidding Clint, no need to pout" she said folding her arms against her or at least one of them as she sipped her coffee again. "I suppose you will not hold back on the trainers you will face right?" She added as Blue and Blade approached JC and Clint as Blade looked up to Clint curiously sniffing him.

She looked to Damion and just gave a gentle smile. "Alright...if you say so...this just happens to me a lot so I always have Ribbon out to guide me back....like a lost puppy" she giggled to the last word she said before Ribbon pulled away from Damion for a break of petting. "Ribbon is actually my partner which is the reason why she is out of her Pokeball most of the time..." She said as Dolly looked to Damion using her small claws to touch his head. "Dolly...I know your curious but...be careful with his hair..." She chuckled. @Clite of Dragonbow

Maskerin smiled. "I don't know maybe....the Diamond trim or the Depudente style or maybe the Matron style...but not the star trim since that is mostly used for male Furfrou and the Dandy style...but I might just leave her in this trim...but yes I do take well care of her to keep the trim maintained not that hard if your experienced" she added looking to Milo. @Willow Tree

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"I'm tempted to get a furfrou myself, but my talentless hands can never pull off taking care of a furfrou. I might neglect it," Milo explains, "and it'll be too much to ask you to take care of them for me, you already have one yourself." He points out. "But it isn't a bad idea is it? Maybe I can get Ditti to pretend to be a furfrou for a few days, see how that'll turn out." He suggested. "I'll do that after this trip, right now my team needs to keep up in strength. Gym leaders are hard to beat," he pouts, "learnt that the hard way."

"I don't mind helping someone when they are kind, like you seem to be." He thought the guy was cute as well. Which helped make up his mind about helping the guy. Hounder playfully flicked his tail at his trainer to tease him about. He had learned years ago when his trainer was thinking about someone. It seemed that the two had a great connection.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Erica
“Actually, that sounds great. Enough with my brother, for the first time in a very long time.” Erica said, as she slightly blushed but didn’t notice anything. Hmm, why do have I have this random feeling in me? Erica thought as she looked at her brother for a second.
@Clite of Dragonbow
Lucas
“Ah, my family is alive, but my sister is annoying and so.” Lucas said to Firey, staring at his sister for what seemed like a millisecond.

“Your sister is very nice, though. She just randomly came up to me and chatted with me.” Lucas then said afterwards.
@Cmeriwether

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Ah, you are too kind," Willow replies immediately, fiddling with his hair, a bit flustered by the comment. "I'm pleased to hear you think that way, it's nice to see that I'm putting up a non-threatening image." He said.
"Not hard to pull off really, but I'm glad anyways." He added. "Are you by chance here to challenge a gym? A lot of people here are, I myself included. I do wanna try out this little battles that everyone was so riot up about." He explains, "Though I'll probably lose on the first one, heard that a fire type gym leader guards that one, I stand no chance with my grass team." He sighs. "I'm not good at fighting either, so I'm probably just here for the thrill of it."

Brian immediately went back to his kind and friendly personality, his once cruel aura seemed to have vanished as if a light was switched off. "My apologies to your dear 'Plum." He said as he went to peach and pet the Gardevoir's head. "Fun fact as well, I have a Gallade in my team." He said in the hopes to change the subject a little bit before he checked his wrist watch. "Oh dear me, it seems this little talk has taken up a bit of time, I should go and see what my new Gym is like. I'll come back here to enjoy myself once things have died down." He said before he turned to walk towards his Espeon and his bags. "Thank you for watching them, Espeon." He said to his Pokemon who responded with a nod before she was returned to her Pokeball, afterwards Brian turned back to face any customers who watched the scenario.

"My apologies for the disturbance everyone, please enjoy your meals." He said with a bow while he doffed his hat to everyone. Afterwards, he turned to collect his bags and leave the cafe to walk over to his Gym or find any transportation for a quicker travel.

"Lucas, can I talk to you?" Kay asked nervously.

"Kay is also a bit on the shy side, so this was an unexpected development." Firey explained.

Firey figured it was time for him to find Milo and Maskerin.

@Mangoez~

-------

Eugene was sitting near was seemed to be a drinks station, and he had some lemonade, his Claydol was keeping close by.

Mangoez~

Previously Jurilios
Lucas
“Oh, I guess I could talk to you in private, if you wanted to, Kay.” Lucas said, nodded at what Firey had said earlier and then said, “Where should we go then? There probably isn’t that much private places around this boat, and I’m not going near my sister for, well, some obvious reasons.” he said, as he looked across the boat.
@Cmeriwether

Kayla
“Well that died down very quickly. But, good show.” she said to herself.

"Great! I would really like to be on this journey with you" said Scythe with sweet, innocent voice and smiling slight to Erica. His calm, ice eyes seemed to show how much happy he was now.
@Mangoez~

Clint expression changed, as he slightly frowned "I don't know, JC.. I recently just.. Don't want to go serious.. Pokemon battles lacks something for me.." he said and sighed, as he slightly pet Blade, while she was sniffing him "Nothing isn't the same.. I may tell you, that I give now quite a handicap for my gym challengers.. But thats a secret" he added.
-
"My partner is out of poke ball too, just... He dislikes water, so he is just flying nearby us" said Damien, then he felt Dolly claws and chuckled "Don't worry, Naga.. She at least won't freeze my head, as some other zolt did..."
@LunarSilvally

She looked to Clint. "Come on Clint, have faith in yourself and what's important is that you believe your Pokemon and once you have faith in yourself, your Pokemon will only grow stronger like Blue and I. We trust in each other which brings out Blue's full power and Blade understands this as well. Even Blade believes you are a well good gym leaders and she can sense that" she added as Blade nudged his hand before looking up at him giving a gentle smile. "Absol?"

Naga just gave a smile. "That would be problematic....my Dragazolt freezing everyone....and I am not good with conflicts...I rather avoid it...then get into it...and it's scary..." She said as Ribbon wrapped one of her ribbons around her wrist. "So Damion...have you decided whether you are going to challenge the gyms?" She asked gently as Shiver flew off her head to look at Damion fluttering her wings. @Clite of Dragonbow

"Ugh, what's up with that guy?" Aris scoffed, getting her order from another café employee who was eyeing the Gardevoir cautiously. She looked around for a table to sit at, grumbling about how no one gave up their table for her.

It was until then she realized the scion of the Skyscale family was sitting at table with other people. She gasped, taking a quick picture of the scene before sending it to her manager.

Aris: Manager, get all his details. I'll decide if I want to give this pic to reporters.

She put her phone away before smiling and walking to their table. "Hi, can I sit here?"