• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Eight Gyms League Discussion

I'm admittedly having trouble comprehending the goings-on of the RP thread. Is everybody still on the boat? And are all of the Gym Leaders also on the boat? I was under the impression that the boat was for the challenger characters, and that the Gym Leaders would already be on the island.
Since some RPers do not have challenge characters, they have decided to have an unofficial meeting of the gym leaders at a cafe in one of the citys before going to their homes and or gyms. All of the challenge characters are on the boat at the moment.

Aris was supposed to sit at the table with the other Gym Leaders, but I suppose she got ignored haha
Sorry... There was such a chaos that I didn't notice... Maybe I should now as she have his picture As he talks with other people. It may sound weird, but I can bet it is worth more than 500 pokedolars.

Also, @Duncanator... I have a little problem, with who is your character intereacting?...

Are there any gyms open? If not I'll be glad to be a challenger for the gyms. I mainly want the electric gym if not I di have a challenger character:

Name: Sasha Yamoto
Hometown: Accumula Town
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 138 lb
Hair: Blonde/yellow, Spiky all around
Eyes: Hazel green
Clothing: Black hoodie hiding a utility belt, gray shirt with Ampharos art on it, sweatpants with white stripes on the sides, gray camo socks, tan boots with pale green soles and laces
Identifying Marks: Nothing much
Musculature: Skinny
Personality: Sasha is arrogant and very prideful mainly in battles. He cares a bit too much for his pokemon, but cheers them on never the less. He is a bit of a lone wolf, but will befriend those who have similar ideals and goals of to become champion along with training and befriending pokemon along side with them. On the side he is fun loving and reckless, since he thinks he knows more than others. Depending on his mood he will donate to others small portions of his gains as well as giving others advice.
Skills:
  • Great with stealth and camouflage
  • Knows the trick to catch pokemon easier
Past: As a young kid Sasha grew up with his father constantly being called to battle as he was the champion of that time. His mother would sit and watch him as he played with the family Herdier named Kole and Pignite named Flarig. When his father was home, Sasha would go hunting for apricorns and berries while camouflaging to avoid the gang of Karrablast that attacked those that disturbed their food supply. He had one older brother that did take his life when in high school from peer pressure, which drives Sasha away from having friends. His fiery passion came one day from a feisty Riolu he found while hunting that wouldn't give up to protect Sasha from being attacked by the Karrablasts. Went through Unova and became champion like his father before him, lost 3 weeks later to another trainer. Started a dojo in Nimbasa City.
=========
Pokémon:
Species: Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Hidden Power: Dark
History: Confronted and protected Sasha while hunting against the Karablast while a Riolu
Personality: Fiery passion for fighting and those it loves
Moves: Ice Punch, Meteor Mash, Counter, Brick Break
----
Species: Greninja
Nickname: Chase
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Power: Rock
Special Features: Shiny
History: Won as a Froakie in a field trip in Kalos for getting the most correct type match-ups
Personality: Bold, Protects those he loves
Moves: Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, Subtitute, Night Slash
---
Species: Ampharos
Nickname: Sheepish
Ability: Static
Hidden Power: Flying
History: Found at Floccesy Ranch
Personality: Alert and ready for action
Moves: Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Dragon Pulse, Power Gem
------
Species: Ninjask
Nickname: Flash
Ability: Speed Boost
Hidden Power: Fighting
Special Features: Eyes are blue not red
History: Caught in the White Forest as a Nincada
Personality: Speedy, likes to go fast, always in a rush
Moves: Aerial Ace, Bug Buzz, Dig, X-Scissor
----
Species: Aegislash
Nickname: Guard
Ability: Stance Change
Hidden Power: Fairy
Special Features:
History: Received as a Honedge during a bet for who keeps their pokemon
Personality: Wants to destr- battle those who appose it
Moves: Air Slash, King's Sheild, Sacred Sword, Iron Head
-------
Species: Lycanroc
Nickname: Rocky
Ability: Tough Claws
Hidden Power: Bug
Special Features: Dusk form
History: Received as a Rockruff during a bet for who keeps their pokemon
Personality: Doesn't care about anything, not very energetic
Moves: Stone edge, Accelerock, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang
===
Also has a:
Galvantula
Gurdurr
Swoobat
Nidoking
Beedrill
Mr. Mime
(details will be released later)

Last edited:
Name: Amara Kees
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Denim jacket, white shirt, navy blue trousers, white ankle socks and brown boots. Large pink bag shaped like a blossom, plus a individual one for food.
Physical Appearance: 4’5, at least 102 pounds, fairly fat.
Personality: Amara is truly willing to do anything for any member of her team. If anything, she would be resilient. She holds her ground like a tank, and a sturdy one at that.
Team: Jet (Buizel, M), Splinter (A. Sandshrew, M), Embrette (Tepig, F), Crunk (Croagunk, M), Rox (Rockruff, F, Will become Midday Form), Leafy (Snivy, F).
Crush: (if any) N/A
Parents: Trisha Kees (Mother), Ross Kees (Father).
Siblings: N/A
Other:

just and fyi so that no one is dinged for this, you can describe how I arrive to the town cuz idk how you guys would respond and since you guys know the town better than me, it would be easier for someone else to describe it then for me to get something wrong and it just messing up everything.

Name: Madeline Vance
Sexuality: Questioning
Appearance: (see below)
Physical Appearance: (see below)
Personality: Stubborn, clever, quick to challenge, kinda cocky, ambitious
Team: Fennekin, Fletchling, Azuril (from Kalos)
Crush: (if any) None (yet)
Parents: Caster Vance (father), Emmeline Vance (mother)
Siblings: Chamomile (older sister)
Other: None

Admin Edit: Please read our rules concerning the use of images in the RP forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Is this RP still going? I wanna try out my finalized version of Hades. I wouldn't exactly say he's a challenger as I more planned him to be just like on vacation, though he would still have a go at the gyms for the sake of getting the badges.
Also @LunarSilvally would it be a problem if Hades and JC knew of eachother?

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Name: Hades Whitecastle

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Long black hair with some white streaks in it. Ocean-blue eyes, tanned white skin, averagely thin, muscular stature (about as much visible muscles as on a military soldier), 6'3ft tall. Wears a large dark-gray turtleneck overcoat that goes down to his knees. Wears a black long-sleeve shirt underneath and matching black slacks, aswell as black tall combat boots. He also wears black fingerless gloves and a Sharpedo Tooth Necklace. Underneath his coat he actually wears a black leather vest with multiple pockets in it. When he's out exploring, he usually wears a dark-gray traveller's backpack with him. He also wears sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sun. He also wears silver earrings with small silver orbs attached to them, about the size of a marble. One of his earrings is not a silver orb, but is infact a key stone.

Physical Appearance:
Hades.png

( Created in Pitzmaker, found here on the appstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EightStudio.PitzMaker&hl=en_US )

Personality: Hades is a kind, understanding man who always holds a calm, reserved expression on him. However, when it comes to battling, he definitely isn't one to be trifled with, nevermind to be underestimated. His battle strategies involve relentless, fierce, merciless attacks, stalling for time and using his pokemon's abilities, moves and typing to their fullest potential. He calculates chances of victories and losses, thinks what type is best to use in what situation, all of this strategy was nearly enough to even complete the Kalos Pokemon League, yet his strategy was not perfected yet back then, which is why he failed in it. He is also rather a cold lone wolf who is rather introverted, and really only truly becomes friendly to those he learned to trust. Sometimes though, he can be a bit sadistic when he takes his relentless attacks too far. Sometimes, when he gets mad or annoyed, his french Kalos accent tends to show.

Type Chosen: Dark

Partner Pokemon: Gojira (Tyranitar, M, Partner, Item: Tyranitarite ( Megastone and Keystone approved by Stellar ), wears Tyranitarite inside a golden crown attached to its head, also wears a large black cloak with a tall, spiked collar that covers its entire body. )
Movelist: Flamethrower, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dig, Stone Edge, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Revenge, Hydro Pump, Heavy Slam

Team:
Razor (Weavile, M, Item: Expert Belt)
Moves: Agility, Hone Claws, Protect, Substitute, Rest, Metal Claw, Avalanche, Icicle Spear, Icicle Shard, Snatch (Swapped the move Hail for Snatch)

Violet (Sharpedo, Shiny, F, Item: Shell Bell)
Movelist: Psychic Fang, Poison Fang, Super Fang, Ice Fang, Destiny Bond, Skull Bash, Crunch, Ancient Power, Dive, Surf

Hunter (Zoroark, Shiny, M, Item: Muscle Band)
Movelist: Agility, Swords Dance, Taunt, Torment, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Double Team, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Foul Play

Zephyr (Shiftry, M, Item: Heat Rock (Strapped to its back))
Movelist: Synthesis, Solar Blade, Sunny Day, Icy Wind, Air Slash, Bounce, Leech Seed, Extrasensory, Hurricane, Whirlwind

Ghidorah (Hydreigon, M, Item: Life Orb (Worn as a chain necklace with the orb attached))
Movelist: Hyper Beam, Tri Attack, Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Fly, Tailwind, Work up, Flash Cannon, Fire Spin, Charge Beam

Crush: N/A

Region: Kalos

Parents: Athena Whitecastle (Mother), Ares Whitecastle (Father)

Siblings: Tartarus Whitecastle (Brother)

Other: He is the Kalos Champion, spent a year to gather all Alolan Island Stamps and Elite Four Signatures as proof of beating them, which is where he met JC. He spent his 22nd year of life in Johto, gathering the eight Gym Badges and Signatures of the Johto Elite Four as proof of having beat them, using only Pokemon he caught in that Region, only keeping his partner Gojira. He didn't take on the champion because he didn't want another champion title, but also didn't want to steal the title from the current Johto Champion only to never show up in Johto again, or atleast barely ever. Shortly after his 23rd birthday, he travelled to the newly discovered region to take a small vacation in it and possibly get all the gym badges and elite four signatures.

(I left in Type Chose and Parter Pokemon considering Hades' role in his other section)