• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Dream (RP)

Rue came to notice the presence of what looked to be a leafeon gijinka, when she stole a glance away from her precious everstone bracelet. In spite of being capable of evolving, Rue had long ago decided that she wanted to remain a kirlia until the day she died. Evolving would rob her of everything that she liked about herself; her slender legs, her perfect arches, her prized horns...

And the chance of anyone she knew being able to recognise her.

The strange leafeon was unlikely to be Kathleen, wasn't it? Granted, eeveelutions were practically impossible to come across in the Unova region, but if it were Kathleen, she would have said something by now... Unless her fears had come true, and she didn't recognise her...

Rue's phone suddenly buzzed in her pocket, and she hurried to answer. It was the director of Black City Ballet Company.

"H-hello? This is Rue Devereux, the girl auditioning tonight?"

Kathleen looked up to the kirlia. 'Found you!' She thought as she looked at the girl. Kathleen was about to say her own name but something bit her back. She glanced out of the bathroom and found that girl gijinka was gone. Kathleen glanced back to Rue. "You know it feels better not to have blood of no existent Pokemon on me." She said with a smirk, her hat still on her head.

Rue perked up at the sound of Kathleen's voice. "Call you back. And to answer your question, I'm performing The Dying Swanna for my audition."

She stashed her phone back in her pocket, facing the leafeon squarely. "Kathleen!" she cried, dashing forward to hug the leafeon, "Oh, I'm so glad you made it!"

Kathleen let the pokemon hug her before responding. "I got lost for a min." She explained, "so it seem you have horns now." She didnt was to bring to attention the munchlax gijinka. It was something she didnt want to bring her freinds to get involved with.

"M-hm!" Rue chirruped, nodding as she broke away, "I can't believe how much I've missed having these things. I look more like a real kirlia, instead of a woman with a kirlia-themed hairstyle, don't I?"

One companion had been found. But what of the others? Where was Noelle? Was she on her way, or had she not made it? And come to think of not making it... What had become of Salvatore? Had he survived the journey, or had he vanished into oblivion as soon as he stepped through that light?

Rue glanced down at her feet, tugging absentmindedly at her dress' hem. "Have you seen the others yet?"

Kathleen sighed. "no not yet, but they hopefully will show up one way or another." She concluded thinking about it. The leafeon had no idea what or were the bird would pop up but at least they new one thing about Noelle. "Well Noelle would be at a Pokémon center, so I might take her a bit longer to get here and out." Kathleen concluded, "But with the bird I have no idea. The only hope we have is that he knows were black city is and hope to get there."

It turned out that Staraptor was an uncharacteristically fast flier. Salvatore was forced to cling around the enormous bird's neck with his face buried in its feathers, legs rooted on either side of it. His hair whipped past his head, the deafening sound of wind rushing past his ears blocking out everything else. Staraptor only slowed when its wings got caught on a natural current, where Salvatore would reach to the bag by his side to rejuvenate the two of them before the fowl could accelerate again.
He had lost track of time, nodding in and out of sleep for the second time, when Staraptor gave out an elative cry and shook the young man from his slumber. They were hovering above an extensive city in strict contrast of the town of which he hailed.
The buildings, for one, were overwhelmingly lackluster in comparison to his town; almost all of them stood as tall as skyscrapers, complete with dark, tinted windows. He could now see why they would call it Black City.
Staraptor slowly led him down to the train station, where the girl had suggested the group would rendezvous, and promptly took a siesta the moment they had touched the ground. He groggily lowered himself from its back and sat by its side, searching for a familiar face amongst the crowd.

(Rue is already in Black City)

Rue had to spare a thought for the fact that even on the small chance that the murkrow had made it to their world, it was highly unlikely that he would be able to find his way around in a place like Black City. The place was, in every sense of the word, worlds apart from the environment that he had spent his terribly short life in. Here, everything was constantly moving. Here, cars and buses and planes and trains existed, and people could leave at a moment's notice. Here, humans with captive pokemon, and gijinka, humans with pokemon-like features coexisted... And just that. No friendly small talk was to be found in Black City, just the ever-present exchange of pokedollars and products.

If Salvatore was here, then he had to feel quite out of place. Out of place like one of the Ultra-Beasts, who'd wandered into the real world via a wormhole. In that vein, perhaps he could be considered an Ultra-Beast. He had come from another world, after all.

"I hope he makes it... If he's still alive," Rue said quietly.

Kathleen left the bathroom and looked outside. She couldn't help the kirla if they had not idea, so its better they leave it. She adjusted her hat to cover her face. The leafeons hat covered her eyes and face to hide that fact that she was scanning the croud. The leafeon paused when she saw a human with a strapator. The face looked like someone but she couldn't put a name on it as she headed over. Kathleen left her hat on as she went to the trainer. "how long have you had the Pokémon?" She said curiously as she noticed the guy wasn't a big fan of it.

Salvatore hesitantly reached out and gave the Staraptor a grateful pat before returning it to its sphere in a flash of red light. He disliked being left alone, but knew he wouldn't be able to coax the gizzard to move forward after the brutish journey it had forced itself through. This world was entirely different: featureless gijinka wandered freely, giant metal beasts emitting the shrill cries of their horns littered the streets, pleasant and unpleasant conversation alike filled the air.
At the sound of a familiar voice, he replied "It isn't mine. A gentleman let me borrow his" without thinking. His head immediately perked up with widened eyes after realizing who had spoken. A Leafeon gijinka, of all people, stood before him coyly.
"Kathleen?" He gaped, straightening himself up. A tentative smile grew on his mouth. "Is that you?"

Kathleen looked at the man. She was trying to decide whether to hurt the man or guess he was the bird. "Are you the non existent bird?" She asked as her eyes whent on to find Rue. Out of all people she needed to see him.

"I see you're just as harsh as always," he commented, scratching at his jugular vein with a boastful expression. He hadn't gotten along with Kathleen in the dream, but he could've cried at the sight of her. She was validation that what he'd gone through was real - one of the exclusive few who knew his past and where he came from. "Technically, I do exist now, thank you very much."

Rue tentatively followed Kathleen, only to find her talking to a less-than-sharply dressed man at the entrance to the station. What business she could possibly have with him, the kirlia did not know...

Until she got just close enough to pick out the features of the person the leafeon was with.

The man resembled Salvatore quite closely. He had the same figure, same look in his eyes... But it couldn't have been him. This man bore not a single murkrow-like feature. No wings, no tail... No cloak, or overfilled tin of cigars. Besides it was impossible for Salvatore to have come with them. He was a figment of their imagination, ergo, stepping into the light should have wiped him from existence.

But knowing all of this, she still wordlessly stepped forward, standing at Kathleen's side. "Who's this?" she asked the leafeon.

"Is the bird, but not a bird" The leafeon explained as she looked up to look at Salvatore in the eyes. He did have the eyes of the bird she knew in the dream. "How different was it for you here?" Kathleen asked, "This world is different then the one you were from."

Salvatore's breath caught in his throat at the sight of the greenhorn who had joined them, her identity unmistakably the one of the girl he'd united with after she had accused him of crude conduct against she and the other performers. His face went slack as his eyes absorbed her image, a disreputable smile slowly creeping onto his face.
She had definitely changed, but it was her. She was even more beautiful when she wasn't stained with dirt and gore.
He was about to reach for his hat when he realized he had taken it off and bowed his head respectfully instead.
"I woke up in a cemetery," he relayed to Kathleen, cracking his red knuckles, "and flew here via giant bird. So, better than I imagined. And I'm not dead, which is always a plus."
He turned his face back to Rue and beamed. "Now don't you go pretending you don't know who I am, sweetheart. I have a promise to uphold."

Rue went slack-jawed as soon as she realised who the man before her was. She was all ready to talk at the former murkrow, asking him why and how the fuck he'd managed to end up here, and where he planned to go... But the words just wouldn't come out. Well, not those words, anyway.

Instead, the kirlia's small hands balled into fists, and something that sounded a little like a cry of guttural rage came from her mouth.

"You..." She began, "Salvatore, you bell-end! You total, total bell-end! I can't believe you had the nerve to convince us you were going to die, and now you show up here and you're just fine?! Arcues, Dialga and Palkia!"

She didn't notice that tears had started to fall until she felt them rolling down her hollow cheeks.

He faltered, his smile falling from his face fast enough to convince anyone it had been yanked down by gravity itself. He reached a diffident hand out to her shoulder and paused before bringing it back, looking down at his feet melancholically. Perhaps he had been expecting too much of her reaction, but he should have known this was the way she'd reciprocate.
"I was terrified, you know? I thought for sure I'd be dead," he agreed, interlocking his fingers behind his back. He sneaked a glimpse to the other with a brief, vulnerable look in his eyes. "But I'm not. I don't know why any force above would let me live, but here I am."

Kathleen looked down shielding her face as she started to laugh. "You guys are the funniest" She stated as she coninued to laugh. Such a sensitive topic between the two yet laughing is all the leafeon could think about.

Rue shook her head, scattering the sparkling tears. "It doesn't matter. You're alive... Right now, you have that, and that alone to be grateful for."

Regaining her composure, Rue switched the subject to one she was far more comfortable with. "Since I'm allowed to bring some friends into the audition with me... I'm going to perform the best Dying Swanna I'll ever dance. And you're coming, like it or not!"

Kathleen looled at the girl. "Fine." She replied to the girl. Personality, The leafeon would have probably skiped it and would have asked about it latter but now she have to join. 'Seems like Rue has a plan' Kathleen though before thinking about her own stance. She left a lethal agency and now has no idea were to go now. 'At least I know how Salvatore feels' The leafeon though as a small spill of pity came over her. Kathleen shook it and and instead though about herself. Her skills were most matched for non legal work but then she would go off radiar. Kathleen face was hidden as she thought about all of this. She had no idea what to do now, but to try and play the keep away game of her past with her new freinds.

(I'm sorta confused. Do they stay as gijinka, go back to completely pokemon, or turn human, or what?)
Noelle opened her eyes in a sunlit room. She sat up and looked around in confusion, spotted a nurse walking past her room, and curled back up underneath her blanket. She thought about the dream she just woke from. So right now, she assumed Rue would be in Black City for her auditions, Kathleen would have returned to the real world again, and Salvatore would hopefully still be alive. She wanted to see them really, really badly, but she couldn't leave yet. Not unless she could persuade some doctor to give her permission.

(Kathleen and Rue both stayed as gijinka, Salvatore became human)

Rue chuckled dryly, shooting a playful glare at the leafeon. "What do you mean, 'fine?' Don't you care at all for the art of Kalosnian ballet?"

Rue had finally returned to her old, flighty, if a little prideful self. The knowledge that most of the people she had grown to care for were alive and well... That alone made her happy right now.

She softened her gaze as she turned to look at Salvatore. As long as she was there, the kirlia could safely bet that he would not be able to pay attention to anyone else.

"You're alive," she repeated, edging closer before throwing her arms around him. "You've lost your wings, but still... You made it back with us..."

( I guess Noelle will turn into a gijinka? No idea. But whatever.)
Noelle peered outside of her blanket. That was when she noticed that she was somehow still a gijinka. But she looked much more like a glaceon. Now she had proper Glaceon ears, diamond ribbon dangly thingies and all, and an actual tail. Why she had wanted a tail, Noelle had no idea. But still. Wow.
Then another thought hit her. Well, two. Firstly, she probably had to get her brain reprogramed to make her thoughts less sudden. And second, this was a pokemon center. If a random doctor decided to stroll in and saw a gijinka in the bed, then, well, they would have a fright, to say the least.
Noelle crept out of the bed and looked around the room. She decided to try to leave through the window, assuming they opened. She tried them. They did open. And luckily for her, she was on the second floor. If she was still a Glaceon, then it would've seemed super high. But now that she was human height, it seemed much lower than it did before the dream. So she lowered herself from the railing and let go as soon as her feet touched the ground.
There, she turned and took in her surroundings. Okay. Something told her that she was in Unova. Maybe it was the sign on one of the stores reading "Unova clothing store". There was a Ballet Auditorium building thing nearby, and Noelle wondered about Rue's career of dance and how it was going. Then she spotted them- Rue, Kathleen, and...A human?! Whatever. She was too happy to care. "Guys! Wait up!"

Kathleen looked over to find a......glaceon gijinka? The female was calling to them as if she knew them so the leafeon guessed that it was Noelle. She waved to her as the glaceon headed over. Kathleens first notice was that fact that Noelle didn't seem to realize that the human was salavor. A small joke came too mind as she took a serious face. "Have you seen the bird, Noelle?" Kathleen started, "WE haven't seen him and fear that he hasn't made it. We asked the human here for some help but cam up empty." The leafeon was succeeding to hold in her laughter as she didn't even glance at the others. The leafeon knew she would start bursting if laughing if the saw their faces right now.

He perked up at Rue's proclamation, his expression softening and his common, sardonic smile slowly returned. He nodded ebulliently, daring to move his body closer to hers.
Salvatore began in a sly timbre, "If it's half as good as your first performance-"
Noelle's lively cry cut him off, however, and Kathleen couldn't help herself but to put on a façade of her own. He raised his head and sought out the Glaceon throughout the crowd before his crimson eyes finally landed on her.
"You never do cease to be cruel, do you?" he challenged to Kathleen with a mischievous glint in his eyes. With a low chuckle, he offered her a calloused hand. If she accepted his handshake, he'd document it as a representation of their mutual peace and the hardships they'd faced together.

Kathleen couldnt help but laugh. She sure that Noelle would have pulled together the peices. "What it was the perfect chance." She said wiping a tear from her eye, "Anyway he isnt dead. Only his wings are." Now thinking about it, they now had an advantage over Salvatore. He couldn't speak to pokemon and cant use moved.

Noelle grinned. "You actually had me for a second back there! Well, maybe two. Or three. Whatever. Salvatore, great to see you alive. Rue, how's your career going?" Then she winced slightly. "My rib still hurts. Either from the shadow ball that Umbreon used on me or from the train accident. But it doesn't hurt too much. Sorry about your wings, though."

"What can I say? Wings are small price to pay for freedom," Rue answered, letting out a half-hearted laugh. "Heh. Look at us. A leafeon with no empathy, a glaceon who's essentially become human, a kirlia who loves her work just a little too much, and a dead man walking," and she gestured to Salvatore, "We're quite the group of misfits, aren't we?"

He nodded in agreement, stretching out his back, muscles cramped from sleeping on a brick floor. Salvatore only retracted his hand back to the pocket of his jeans and looked up at the cerulean sky, a smile playing on his face.
"I'll drink to that," he concurred, a gentle breeze brushing the hair from his face.

(@Novosel anime?)
"I have some empathy." Kathleen stated a little hurt but could see were she got it from, "Anyway, Shouldn't we beheading to your auditions, Rue? I have something to do before I head over, so I will try and get it done soon." Her tail flicked with her non release of information. Kathleen's "business" was poking around in the underground people and see what is going on in the black city alley ways. If she was going to stay awhile the best she could do was see if they were after her or not.

"If ever," Rue added, flicking her fringe out of her eyes, "And yeah, I suppose I should be heading to my audition soon. You'd be surprised how long it takes to stretch, and prepare my pointe shoes, and all of that nonsense."

The kirlia took a glance into her bag, to see which pair she had grabbed in her hurry to get to Black City. Thankfully, she'd chosen her new ones; a pair of perfect, light green pointes, whose ribbons were still completely intact.

"yea true...." Kathleen admitted before realizing what rue said, "OK! so that means I can get my stuff done and I will make it so I will still be able to hear tomorrow." She resifted her hat and looked at the others. "Well then I will be off and will be back to the auditions by the time rue preforms." Kathleen replied as she resifted her bag and left the others behind.