• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Dream (RP)

Kathleen circled the tree. So far she has not found the information. She stopped after the 4 circle she made. 'Why is it so hard to find this?' Kathleen though as she started to climb the tree. She decided to look though the branches and paused, finally at the mark."that took forever" Kathleen said annoyed just before a familiar voice interrupted her. "Your not supost to be up there!" The male abra called up to the leafeon. "So stop me" She challenged wondering were the eevee was.

It was incredible how automatically Salvatore lightened up at the sound of his companion's voice, despite feeling like the weight of the world itself weighed down on his shoulders. He glanced over to her with a brighter hue to his eyes, but couldn't bring himself to smile.
"Welcome back to the world of the living, sort of," he replied, nodding to knife at her feet. "Kathleen left that for you. She just headed into town and I was 'bout to tail after her. Noelle here's going to guard the house."

Last edited:
Rue nodded. "Right. Let's go after her, then," she replied, sliding the knife into her back pocket, "I can't just fall and leave you guys to take care of everything!"

The kirlia dug her nails into what remained of a nearby tree trunk, using it to help herself onto her feet. Though shaky and barely able to stand, she was going to help Kathleen and Salvatore find a way out of this nightmare, and she was going to get out of this place asap. A long and arduous road to recovery awaited, when she got out of here, but so did the chance to go for her dream job.

As she examined her body once more, Rue straightened up, pushing off of the tree's rough bark. "We've made it this far. We can't give up now!"

He marvelled at her admirable ability to bounce back from the abhorrent scene that had come upon them and was sure to happen again so quickly. Salvatore's head bobbed in a curt nod and he fell into step beside her, checking over his shoulder for the reassurance that Noelle would be okay without them. He wished there had been more of them so that they didn't have to leave her behind.
He paused half-heartedly besides Humphry, whom was desperately trying to play dead and doing a pretty damn good job of it. The Herdier opened one of his tightly clamped eyes and stared up at him fearfully, having already seen what had happened to the Furret that had the misfortune of meeting Kathleen.
"Hang in there," he muttered so that it would only be audible to him and continued on with Rue. He no longer viewed her as some pretentious ballerina, and rightfully so.
If this is a dream, he pondered, I wonder if I'm a part of her's? If she's the one who thought of me?
It was too disturbing a topic for Salvatore to muster, so he let his mind go blank.

Kathleen dug her claws into the tree as the abra used phychic on the Leafeon. She was about to attack before the eevee nocked her off the tree. 'So that were she was' Kathleen though as her idea of there plan came. She used leaf blad on the abra to mess up that plan and it worked. The abra had expected the leafeon to turn tword the eevee so he can attcked from behind. "I have seen this one before!" She called as she used leaf blade again to make the abra fain. Kathleen quickly moved out of the way as the eevee tried to use her claws on the leafeon flank. "You should have waited till you evolved then you at least had a fight" She snorted before killing the eevee and abra. Kathleen then climbed the tree again, to look at the incrimination.

As she hobbled back to what remained of the formerly lively town, Rue was strangely grateful for the fact that she hadn't had time to change back into her street shoes. The flat tip of her left pointe shoe did a wonderful job of keeping her upright as she walked with her other leg, even if she had to arch her foot to get the box flat.

The town was completely quiet, save for the rustling of Kathleen up in the tree she claimed would lead the group away from this world. The lights were still on in most of the shops, and the smell of muffins and pokepuffs and other sweets still poured out of Lex's Bakery. A brand-new ghost town, which would never see its residents ever again.

As the two gijinkas reached the tree, which held an even more bloody Kathleen, with the fresh corpses of an eevee and an abra either side of her, Rue checked back on Salvatore who had been strangely quiet for the duration of the journey. What had happened in the space of three hours which had made him change from a sleazy, loitering pickpocket, to some quiet, and somewhat sympathetic creature?

"Something up?" Rue enquired, cocking her head to the left.

"Hm?" Rue's voice pulled him from his stupor and he blinked rapidly, only now realizing that they had reached their destination. "Oh, er... Just excited, I guess."
He plastered on a false smile and held his head little higher, hoping this would be enough to shut her out. He glanced around at the town's emptiness and felt a spark of melancholy pass through his chest, though refused to show any of this mourning on his face. He, of all people, empathetic for this horrible town? Maybe it was the thought of the unnatural end to his unnatural life that moved him to such an action.
"I see you've been busy," he called to Kathleen. "Find anything?"

Kathleen was startled at the noice and she looked around. She sighed and felt stupid as she saw the 2 pokemon. "No" She replied truning back to the marking, "but the eevee said somthing about protecting a cave. So my guess that this tree is holow and it leads to the cave, but i dont know were the entrance is." Kathleen shook her fur to try and get the leaves off her before looking back to the incrimination. "It would be nice if you guys helped me" She hinted.

He peered up the tree's silver trunk and peered at its footholds before making his way up, crouching on a branch down from Kathleen and narrowing his eyes at the indentation in question.
"E and L," he repeated aloud, cupping his chin in his hand. "Unless that's a 't' and not an addition sign." He leaned forward several more centimetres and shrugged his narrow shoulders.

"T'would have been wiser to keep the eevee alive and make it talk, don't you think?" Rue piped up, "It could have provided us with some more valuable information."

The kirlia promptly shut her mouth and instead, joined the others up in the tree, using psychic to haul herself up to the desired branch. E and L... What could that possibly mean? As far as Rue knew, no couples in the town had ever bore names like that.

Rue traced the indentation with her fingers, making ridges in the fleshy pads of her fingertips. Were they a clue, perhaps...?

The carving started to glow faintly, and the kirlia's hand snapped back to her side. "Guys? Take a look at the carving!"

Kathleen looked at it thinking. 'E and L? ETL?' The leafeon though, 'it is some sort of code?' She jumped high and looked around for somthing. Kathleen paused as she noticed a grey feather by a wall. She was about to jump down and see it before she heard rue call. Kathleen stayed were she was focused on that spot before a small opening appeared. A small smiled formed on her face as she crouched down. The leafeon jumped down and landed. "There is a way this way" She called up.

"Got it!" Rue responded affirmatively. Her legs hugged the tree as she climbed up to join Kathleen, careful to avoid getting any dirt in her wounds. She hoped that these wounds wouldn't carry on over to the real world, or it would be ages before she could dance again.

As she reached the top, a new hope sprung to life from within her... Now that they were on their way out of here, the chance for Rue to pick up the pieces, after what had happened to her, and a fresh start in a new job was within sight.

"Hey, Salvatore?" she called up to the murkrow, "As soon as we get out of here, you'll come to Black City, and you'll watch me dance, right?"

Salvatore watched with curious fascination as Kathleen's theory was proved correct, peering down the seemingly endless ladder that had been revealed by this small victory.
Rue's words reached him like the final note of a Perish Song. He nearly lost his balance from where he perched himself, but guiltily peered down at her. He forced yet another lofty smile.
"A promise is a promise, doll," he swore, holding a hand over his heart. "You have my word."

He examined the pale feather from his position, feeling inquisitive. Was there somebody already down there, waiting for them to make their way down?
"She stayed behind," he answered in a dry and indignant tone. "Said she wanted to guard the house for whatever reason."
He had the sense to keep himself from adding "What's left of it, anyway."

Noelle walked around the tree house and inspected the area. Then she had a thought. Well, a few, actually.
Firstly, she remembered that along with herself, Kathleen, Rue, and Salvatore had also partly contributed to imagining the town. So as soon as the others woke up, the town would become completely her own imagination. She could either stay in the dream and try to make the place somewhere she could actually live in and stay there for the rest of her lifetime or join the others at the tree. Then she decided that the latter sounded slightly better.
So she ran as fast as she could toward the town square and the main tree. As soon as she stopped running, some sort of passage appeared in the tree, with Kathleen looking at some feather and the other two standing next to her. "Guys! I guess I'll have to go back into reality." She couldn't really explain why she chose her wording like that. Maybe because she was slightly overexcited, maybe not.

"You arrived just in time," Rue chirruped, "By the looks of things, we might have found a way out of here!"

From the exact same spot in which the lovers' carving had been just moments before, a small passageway had opened, which appeared to lead down underground. Seemed like a strange place to put this dream's one and only escape point, but Rue wasn't going to argue with it. Not since it had been so easy to find.

Only now had she noticed the grey feather laying at the tree's side, fluttering ever so gently in the high whistle of the breeze. Her fingers twitched, ready to strike the intruder with a psychic attack, should it appear...

Salvatore hid his pitiful face in his cloak, clenching his jaw to keep his true emotions from showing. He was just like the rest of them, smiling and pretending nothing was wrong. He let out a mournful sigh and let his face go slack, searching for the words to explain himself to them. Would they kill him? That seemed like the most appropriate response - not that he had much longer to live, anyway.
"I have a confession," he said in an uncharacteristically small voice and he cleared his throat, repeating himself in a more confident tone. He stared down into the tree's abysmal entrance, unable to face the rest of them.

A... Confession? It wasn't Rue hadn't heard one of those from the murkrow before, but the announcement still took her by surprise. By now it was clear to the kirlia that Salvatore's confident façade had all but fallen down. But for what? Was it perhaps the notion that soon, the group would be parted, awakening in whatever reality they had been delivered from?

No, it couldn't have been. Salvatore wasn't that kind of guy... Was he?

The kirlia tentatively stepped forward, removing the tattered gloves from her hands. "W-what is it?"

He removed the frayed hat from his head and held it over his chest, hands clutching its brim as if it were a lifeline and trembling diminutively. His hair fell into his robust eyes, but he made no move to move it away. He kept his head down, as if talking to his headgear rather them.
"You're going to hate me for this one, alright," he muttered under his breath, chuckling without humour. He raised his head slowly, glancing up at the Kirlia's beautiful face. "I can't go with you because... because I'm not real."

"Wait. What?!" Noelle couldn't believe it. "You're not real?!" She had to take a deep breath to absorb that information. "But...but you've helped us! When the entire town tried to massacre us, you didn't follow!" She took a breath again. "Wait. So...we've imagined you in the first place?!"

He stilled for a couple moments, replenishing his lungs with another deep breath. He pulled himself into a sitting position on the metallic branch and nodded solemnly.
"I only found out during the battle back there," he replied, balancing his hat on his knees. "But I would have helped you, even if I'd known before I met you guys. You can't kill what doesn't exist, right?"

All sorts of irrational words suddenly bubbled up in Rue's throat. Words like why, and you have to come with us, and you'll never fulfil your promise. She wanted to grab hold of Salvatore, screaming, begging him to come with them, but she dismissed the impulse. It was useless to even try. He was her sole sympathiser, and yet, here he was going to die, in this nightmarish realm alone.

"After you all that you did for us..." Rue said quietly, voice breaking bit-by-bit, "It's... It's not fair! Why do you have to die along with all of them?!"

Kathleen felt no remorse. "We can't dewel on this right now. I cant explain all my theorys on thisbplace but only 2 are resonalble:" She started before looking Salvatore in the eyes ignoring the others, "only 2 theorys work from what I have seen. They are: 1. This truly is a dream and you disappear after we die or leave and 2. This is another dimension entirely and we entered it in our deams and now its going to turn into a blood-letting hell" Kathleen waited for that to sinc in befor telling about what she saw on the other side on the wall. "Pokemom were literally tearing themselves appart and there was a town, like this on, in complete ruins. There was death everywhere and the Pokemon there were twisted with black." Kathleen said before shivering at the remembrance of that place. "so we NEED to move on." She exclaimed before looking down the hole.

Salvatore knew his sickly skin had paled to a ghastly colour and he silently nitpicked at any tears that had been accumulating in his red-rimmed eyes. There was little colour in his face, lest for a faint pink in his cheeks and the tip of his nose. He stood shakily, swallowing the swell of emotion in his throat.
"I'm sorry," he mustered to Rue in a satisfactorily even voice. He was terrified of either of the two fates that laid ahead of him and now, more than ever, could feel himself sympathizing with the townsfolk. He never thought of himself as the sacrificial type, but he was willing to put his anxieties aside for the group's sake. "I'll do what I can to help you escape. I'll worry about myself later. We've come this far, right?"

"Right," Rue mirrored, regaining some stability to her voice as she turned back around. Right here, right now, she had to escape, along with Noelle and Kathleen.

She reached for the knife in her back pocket, bony fingers curling tightly around the handle. If Kathleen's theory about this world being an alternate dimension was true, then she had no option but to kill Salvatore when the group reached the end. Simply leaving him here to lose his mind, or be ripped to shreds by the feral gijinka beyond the ruins of this town was not an option. It'd be better of he died at the hands of someone he trusted...

Feeling some of his old bravado ingrain itself in his limbs and joints, he stepped forward towards the gloom and casted a glance over his shoulder, watching for the other three's reaction and approval. Deciding on trusting his instincts, he outstretched his foot and tested the ladder for sturdiness. It graciously held.
"Feels safe," he documented out loud. He grinned impishly, his cunning mixed in with his sadness. "Well, you know what they say: Ladies first."

"Well if this is another dimension, Theoretically the bird can leave with us" Kathleen explained hoping that this cheered them up. She believed this theory to be true from the many books she read and hoped the other believed it as well. The leafeon then headed to the latter. "Well i choose to go first" She called before carefully heading down.

Down below it was dim with the only light being a few lanterns around the room. Kathleen held her head hight to hopefully threaten the pokemon ,if any, to stay away. "It looks fine from down here!" She called up.

Rue nodded, using psychic to lift herself down to Kathleen. She did not trust her damaged legs to hold up for very long, so conserving her energy was likely to be the best bet.

She gazed down at the blade of her knife as she wandered how far Salvatore could go before she would have to use it, if he didn't vanish first. Would he even be able to come down into the lantern-filled room?

The kirlia tore her eyes away from it and surveyed the room. "Coast is clear," she relayed to Noelle and Salvatore, "No gijinkas inbound!"

"Okay! Coming down!" Noelle didn't feel like using anything fancy to get in the hole, so she just jumped instead. She glanced at Salvatore. "C'mon. If you aren't real, well, no harm in trying to leave. If this is an alternate dimension, you'll just come back into the other world with us. No downside to that idea."

"Right," he replied with a flattering smile, trying not to get his hopes too high. Encouraging his tar-filled respiratory system with a gust of air before punctually lowering himself onto the ladder below, he clambered down to reunite himself their small group. Salvatore watched the lanterns with childish curiousity, eyes scanning the cavernous room before stepping further inside and stopping by a best fit of the rest's side. "This place is pretty homey, ain't it?"

"Somewhat," Rue commented. The little lanterns swaying about the place were actually kind of pretty, illuminating the dark room with a dim yellow light. They bore the same pattern as the lilies on the kirlia's radio, but unlike the radio, Rue was not expecting the lanterns to play her rhymes about flowers.

The quaint feel of the place reminded her a little of the town from which they were escaping. It too had been homey, but tolerable, up until tonight. And it lacked attacking gijinkas.

"I assume we just follow the lit path from here on in," Rue continued, "And hope that nobody's guarding the rest of the way out. I'm not sure if I can muster the energy to attack again."

Kathleen nodded and started to walk furnther in. She paused sudenly and looked at the walls. From the outside they looked like regular cavern walls, but Kathleen felt specious as she walked over to one. The leafeon suvayed the wall down a bit before stopping. "Piano wire" She cursed silently before turning back to the group. "There is piano wire down this way. You dont want to tuch this stuff, it can cut you badly. Plus it is really hard to see." Kathleen called back to the 3.

"Is there any way through it?" Rue questioned, "Is it safe to try cutting it down, or should we look for another way?"

What other way?! Rue remarked inwardly. By the looks of it, the cavern only lead one way. So what now? Step over the piano wire, and risk more injuries? Cut it down and hope that doing so wouldn't release some kind of trap? Or was there another way out, but it was just that the hadn't found it yet...?

Rue's hands grazed the rough walls of the cavern. And then she found something remarkably smooth and round. Upon touching it again, it started to glow red, and fell in her hands...

Salvatore, whom had a natural affiliation for being drawn to anything remotely shiny or seemingly valuable, was the first to raise his eyebrows at the orb in her hands. He gently stalked towards her, his cloak floating about his feet as if an extension of himself. Its unfortunate hemming was largely discoloured.
"Did you find something?" he asked, peering over her shoulder.

"I found something, though I'm not quite sure what it is," the kirlia answered, quizzically gazing down at the mysterious object. Its glow was certainly brighter than the lamps on the cavern's walls, even if it was much smaller, "I think I should hold onto it though. I get the feelimg that we might need it soon."

Rue stepped forward, hooking a length of the wire between her thumb and index finger. When she pulled on it, it had no give. So, it was a safe bet that cutting it would not release any traps.

She tested the theory immediately, slicing through that same wire with her knife. It cut like butter, hanging in two threads eother sides of the walls.

"We'll have to cut down each and every wire, if we want to escape in one piece," she relayed, "Let's hope that there aren't any more traps for us when we pass through."

The kirlia cleared some of the path deftly, motioning for the others to follow her.

"Remember to Get the ones on the floor" Kathleen added as she used a single razor leaf to cut it. The leafeon kept her eyes out for anything suspicious or useful. Kathleen paused as she examined a piano strand covering a part of the wall only. "Come check this out!" she called the the group further on. Kathleen used razor leaf to cut the string before she moved her hand around ther wall. She stopped at a hidden hole seemingly hidden by an allusion. "I think that orab thing would fit in here" She called keeping her hand by the hidden hole.

"What do you think putting in there will do?" Rue enquired, as she reached Kathleen. Admittedly, the hole was perfectly sized, ready to accept the little red orb straight from the kirlia's hands... Was it the final piece of the puzzle? Or was it just a trap?

Rue readied the knife in her hand as she stole a glance back at Salvatore. If this was the end, and he really could not come with them, then she'd have to kill him right here, right now.

I promise I'll make it quick, she swore inwardly.

Kathleen saw as rue made the hesitation. She instead took anishative and took the orb. She readyed herself as she set the orb in the hole. Imidiatly the wall shifted to the side as a hole an entrance to another wall way appeared. "Is this going to be a FUCKING MAZE" The leafeon yelled angrily. She had always hated mazes and a maze with traps is even worse.

"Maze or not, we should be just fine," Rue stated bluntly, "If we keep moving, we'll get somewhere eventually."

The path ahead was narrow, and marked by lights shaped like feral illumises. A flat, heavily varnished floor, not unlike the surface Rue was used to dancing on stretched out towards a narrow hole, which, by the looks of things, the group would have to crawl through it to reach the next portion of the the maze.

"Off we go, then," the kirlia ordered, rising up en pointe as she stepped towards the whole. On a surface like this, her need to walk like this both as a ballerina, and as a kirlia could not be fought back, even though her shoes were going dead, and there was no pas de deux to be danced in a place like this.