• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Dream (RP)

Lex came over as soon as the glaceon finished. "Do you mind if i grab somthing from my home first?" Kathleen said turning to the phychic-type after she payed for her dessert. Truly the leafeon had an idea how this was going to go. She had a notebook in her room about her theorys and other things.

"You'll have to discuss that with Salvatore and I, outside," Rue hissed, "Listen, if we're going to be sharing our conspiracy theories about this... Whatever it is, then I have just one request. We do not keep any secrets from each other. If one of us learns or suspects something, then everyone involved has to know."

Rue finally managed to silence her tapping, at the thought of leaving the café.

Kathleen just looked at her. "Thats why is need my note book." She said before jumping down and headed outside. 'They are new' Kathleen thought as she pushed the door open to join Salvatore.

Nodding curtly, Rue immediately followed Kathleen to the door, opening it as slowly as she possibly could, to avoid ringing the bell in the frame. One of her orange pins grazed it, but only just.

The Kirlia reached into her pocket, to take another swig of juice from her whiskey bottle as the fumes from Salvatore's cigar blew past her.

Salvatore leaned against the shop's wall, a giant pillar of crosshatched stone and wood. Every building, no matter how insignificant, looked like it had been thoroughly designed by skilled architects over the course of many years. The sky was a dreamy lilac colour, tainted only by clouds in the form of white wisps of which looked like the texture of cotton. He lowered his chin at the sound of a bell chiming, signalling the exit of one of the café's patrons had exited. He nodded his greeting and pushed off of the complex wall, tilting his neck from side to side in an attempt to loosen the muscles.
"We can trust her, then?" he asked to his counterpart, his sleazy self restored now that it was away from the public eye. Kathleen soon preceded Rue whilst he finished rolling a second bulbous cigar.

"I wouldn't have brought you here to collect if we couldn't," Rue answered to her accomplice, "Like I said back in the theatre, she knows things that we don't. About this town, at least."

Rue turned to face Kathleen, eyes warping into thin slits. "We can trust you, can't we?" The kirlia repeated, to their potential partner in crime.

Kathleen did a smirk at the duo before gancing around and making a crouch. "I will be back will my notebook" She told them before using her own powers to do a giant birst of speed as she sprinted faster than her already high speed as she ran all the way to her home.

Kathleen slowed down as she reached her home. She opened the door ti find her dark living room with sharp leaves holding up some plans and a few drawings. "I am going to find you" She wispered at her best drawing of a glaceon and a flareon as a sharp memory came to her:

It was sunny and she was in a feild with a glaceon and a flarion in front of her both also wereing purple ribbons on there paws. "Kathleen look what i bought for all of us!" The glaceon said showing her a purple ribbon. "It is supost to make shure we remember each other! Isnt it awasome" The flareon said buncing up and down. "Oh course!" Kathleen said excitedly as she put the ribbon on.

Kathleen shook her head. She still had no idea who then were but they must be important. Quickly she grabed her notbook on the table and went out side crouching down to use speed to get back to the pair.

He watched as she sped like a blur into a distance with a dull gaze, raising the newly wound leaf to his lips and sliding a matchbox from his sleeve. He poised a match as to light his toxin and hesitated, eyes briefly flashing to Rue. With a sigh, he lowered the cigar from his mouth and cocked his head at her, match burning its short life away between his fingers.
"You smoke at all?" he asked half-heartedly, staring at the fire disinterestedly. "Don't think I'll be in good enough shape to fight back or run if need be with my lungs full of tar. Still, a shame to snuff this baby out. It's the good stuff, you know."

Kathleen looked back to the side ally. She spent her running time here since she did not want to give her position away. "Thats why i was in the feild" She gasped remembering how much she loved the run though the open the air compared to her running though the alleys. Feeling accomplished she crouched down getting ready to head back.

Kathleen set a burst behind her as she ran with the notebook in her mouth. 'This is my life' She though as she ran. Soon she stopped in frount of the duo on her face was her first true smile since ever. "Found it" She replied after setting her notebook in front of her.

Rue held her hand up. "If we weren't about to stir up a tremendous amount of trouble, I'd have it. But right now, I need my lungs to stay clear, in case of an...Emergency," the ballerina mused. Smoking was but one of the many methods that Rue had tried to keep herself in shape for ballet, and though she did not care at all for the taste of tobacco, she had to admit that smoking kept her appetite in check.

The kirlia turned to face Kathleen as she arrived, notebook strangely clutched in her mouth, instead of hands.

"If everyone's got what they need, thn let's be off," the kirlia commanded.

"Got it" Kathleen said before she used razor bade to cut the flame out of Salvatore's hand. She looked back at Kirlia. "Are we using the forrest route?" She asked. The Forrest route was a small trail though the woods. It wasnt well know so she got away with fights there before.

The Murkrow shrugged in underwhelming disappointment as he nonchalantly dropped the match and fresh cigar to his feet, ignoring the lustful pang in his chest.
"Right," he said in a crooning tone, licking his arid lips with his just as dry tongue. If the prospects had not been so grim, he may have flashed a crooked grin and confidently strode off with the two. But they were partners in crime, no matter how ragtag they may be. He fell into step with the two, upturning his cloak's collar ominously.

"The fastest way to my place is through the pecha berry trees," Rue informed them, "It's about ten minutes from here on foot. Five if we run the whole way."

As the sickly-sweet smell of the low-hanging pecha berries hit Rue's nose, she stopped quite suddenly in the middle of the path. After Salvatore's display in Lex's Bakery, Rue simply had to spare a thought for her companion's aversion to sweet things.

"You can handle this smell for a bit, right?" Rue enquired, "It won't be long until we reach my place. Worst comes to the worst, I can give you one of my pins to hold your nose shut."

Salvatore nearly halted in his surprise that she had paid enough attention to him to realize his weakness. He had been trudging through the bushes with his head held low as to block out the scent when Rue's voice reached his ears and he raised it cautiously. He grunted incoherently in response.
"I'll be fine, doll," he added, plucking a burr from his unwavering cloak. "No need to worry."

Noelle tagged along with the other three. She didn't really know what was going to happen, so she kept her distance. Once they entered a forest, though, she had to run slightly to catch up or else she would've gotten lost and starved to death in the forest. Though this was a berry forest, so maybe it wasn't the best logic that she could actually starve here.
"Okay, wait up!" She called to the other three who were walking ahead. Back at Lex's, they seemed to be very wary towards Lex. That was just plain mean. Lex was her best friend for about...can't remember. Whatever. Point was, they seemed to be slightly freaked out about Lex. Yes, she was blind. And yes, Noelle was an ice type and Lex was a Braixen. But still.

Kathleen stopped for Noelle as the other 2 talked. She rolled her eyes at the "heart warming" moment they were haveing since the bird cant stand the smell of treats. 'This is going to be exhausting' Kathleen thought as Noelle caught up.

(Lol @Shadowgirl1234 are you shipping Salvatore and Rue?)

The kirlia continued on through the forest, stepping gracefully over the many twigs and rotting berries which littered the ground. Performing a grand jete to get over a puddle came quite naturally to her, and besides, it would be a crying shame if she got the green pointes which she loved so much too dirty.

The song of a jigglypuff gijinka could be heard in the distance, but thankfully, it wasn't close enough to affect the group at all. It did, however, make Rue quicken her step, taking even longer strides as they all came by the one kelpsy berry tree in the forest.

"We're here," Rue said as she signalled for everyone to stop right in front of a yache berry tree. Nothing about it looked like it was inhabited by anyone, human or gijinka. It bore no visible doors or windows, or even steps to get up into the canopy.

Last edited:
Salvatore squinted up at the hardy vegetation, inhaling the clean and sharp scent of mostly clean air. The sickly sweet smell of berries still lingered like a low hanging fog, but he was only glad to have escaped the thick of it.
"You live in a tree?" he asked flatly, wondering if she expected him to fly up there. In all fairness, he probably could. Still, he'd rather not go through the trouble of freeing the wings from his clothes.

((wink wink))

Last edited:
(Yes even if you both become enimes to each other)
Kathleen stopped at the tree. Her paws were bleeding from stepping on starp rocks and twigs but The leafeon didnt mind as she used to cut herself before and a sort of immunity from feeling pain. "Why a tree" She asked as she started to get the twigs from her fur. Kathleen glanced of quickly as she noticed the blood from she paw. 'Really Kath.' She though before she looked up the tree again.

A low chuckle escaped from Rue's lips as she looked back at her companions.

"Patience, please, everyone," she said with a silvery smile, "I know it doesn't look like much from here, but you'll see in a minute."

She walked around to the side of the tree, unhinging a length of rope from a small catch. Down came a huge wicker basket, a slightly lighter shade than the deep maroon of tree's trunk.

"My house is in the crown of this tree," Rue explained, "And in order to get to it, we have to winch ourselves up to it. I don't think that the rope can hold all of us at once, so we'll have to go up one at a time."

Rue perched on the edge of the basket, taking the length of rope in her hands. Bit by bit, she rose up into the crown of the tree, and then let the basket drop to the ground as she stepped off into the front door.

Rue's home was rather small, but it had everything that she needed inside, and nothing more. Just a bed, a bathroom, a galley kitchen, and a little living room, littered with a pile of the ballerina's 'dead' pointe shoes, and notes about how to perform the Kitri variation from Don Quixote.

Kathleen shifted uncomferably. "I dont have hands" She called up after puttting her notebook on the ground. 'I hope her home is a bit spacious' Kathleen thought as she kneed to ground to politely try and get the blood off her paws.

Salvatore was the next one up, taking comfort in the soft gale that uprooted his primal instinct to spread his wings and become one with the sky. However, the crook much preferred ground life to a life spent suspended in midair. He closed his eyes and imagined himself among his elegant brethren, as graceful and beautiful as the rest of them, and scoffed. Could he really even breathe the same air as a Swablu, let alone fly in the same sky as an Altaria?
He pulled himself from the rope, hands red with the effort it had taken to propel himself to the top. Salvatore peered his head into her abode.
"Quaint," he commented, slogging in.

Kathleen snorted as the Honkrow used his hands to get up before having an idea of her own. 'I am leafeon not an eevee' She though stupidly as she put herself into a crouch. Kathleen then used magic leaf to find her way to the door as she used her claws to bounce of trees to the door. "That worked" She said suprized.

"it does what it needs to do, and nothing more," the kirlia snorted, as she parked herself on a patchwork sofa, and motioned for the others to join her, "And y'know, I wasn't completely lying about the tea. Anyone up for a cuppa as we pool our theories? Or would you prefer coffee?" Rue offered all too casually. Granted, it was hardly the time to be playing host, though, perhaps it would keep the rather tense atmosphere bearable. For a minute or two.

Rue's attention turned to the small radio on the coffee table. Most of the time, all it ever played was static, but she swore that she could hear a voice in it, sometimes...

He swaggered towards Rue exaggeratedly, spinning on his heel when he reached the couch and plopping down inelegantly. He leaned back and stared at the rudimentary ceiling, neck supported by his overlapping hands.
"Coffee," he replied, offbeat. There was a smug look to his face. "Black, if you will."

Noelle sat down on the sofa. "Tea, if you don't mind. Coffee is just too...strong. While you're at it, can it be iced and not warm? Thanks!" Her stomach threatened to growl as she remembered the dessert she had abandoned at Lex's and tried to focus on something else instead. Her line of sight hit the radio. "Hey, Rue? Does this actually ever play anything?"

Kathleen set her notebook on of the coffee table before responding. "I am good" She replied before flipping thpugh her notebook. The first cuple of pages were full of notes about her preformance ideas. She stopped midway though. It was a page full of her own notes about the place on one side and a perfectly drawn picture of the flareon and glaceon on the other. "So ehat do you need from me" The leafeon replied sitting on the floor.

"Sometimes," she answered, "I sometimes hear a tinny voice coming from it, but that's about it. Never any music, or radio talk shows."

Her eyes rested on the little radio as she switched on the kettle. It was a pretty little thing; ivory, with gold highlights, and knobs made in the shape of white lilies. The radio's prime feature, or the one which Rue had discovered first was that whenever she touched the lily on the left, a creepy little nursery rhyme played. She remembered it exactly.

Lily, sweet lily, dainty petals, sharp and white,
Lily, sweet lily, can't evade the beast's bite

She blocked the rhyme out as she returned to the table, drinks in hand.

"Right. The reason that you're here is because something's up with this world. The repetitiveness of the days, the squeaky clean population who become angry if you dare question them or this town... And I'm convinced that you, Kathleen, know something about it that we don't."

Salvatore readjusted himself and took the cup from her hand, holding it within the vicinity of his mouth without drinking from it. He breathed in the rich and familiar scent of the brew and sighed in relief before taking a sip.
He realized that he might've been able to provide some information in of himself after his first and refreshing sip. His eyes glanced about the room for something he could write with, but paused after Rue addressed her third guest, glancing to her to see how the Leafeon would react.

"Well yea", Kathleen replied, "as far as i know i am the only person to try and leave this town.". 'And survive to tell the tale' She wanted to say but bit it back. Kathleen then fliped to the next page in her notebook to reveal a large map with a few circles and notes.

Rue examined the map cautiously, noting all of the hastily scribbled circles and notations. Leave town? Was that even possible?

"And what happened when you tried to leave?" The kirlia interrogated, taking a sip of her own sweet tea.

Kathleen sifted before responding. "We any way you go at 2 miles away the feeling to turn back starts. It goes on for a mile but it gets harder and harder to go on. At 3 miles from the town is a wall of thorns reaching extremely high and after that is just horible" She said and shived at the end of it. Kathleen spaired them the details of what she saw. That place had corpes and seletons of pokemon everywere with canibalistic and fighting pokemon there also. "I beleive that the answer is not out there" She said with a sigh.

The Murkrow stilled for but a hare's breath before continuing his quest for a writing utensil. His weary mind wandered on account of Kathleen's words, imagination blurring behind his eyes.
"How about flying over it?" he suggested, finally finding a pencil looking to be on its last legs in his breast pocket. "Any point?"

"No" Kathleen replied, "plus the other side is if anything worse then this side" She paused. "I had to walk though it" Kathleen replied. She pointed to the green line, wich was the farthest from the town. "Thats were the barrier is" She stated.

Rue took a moment to let everything that Kathleen had said sink in, breaking her silence only by sipping at her tea. A thorned barrier, which, judging from the leafeon's reaction as she lectured the group, bore nothing but eldritch horrors, and no visible way away from the town... Was the barrier natural, or was it pokemon made? If the answer was the latter, then why did it exist in the first place?

"And you're absolutely sure that no matter which way you go, all you'll run into is that?" The kirlia questioned further, still holding the teacup to her lips. The floral, yet sweet aroma of the tea did little to help her relax.

Last edited:
Kathleen rolled her eyes. "Yes dont you think I checked" She replied as Kathleen pasted Rue the map, "study it if you want." She then help up her paw as she licked the blood off of it.

"Well, pardon me for making sure that you had your facts straight!" Rue snapped, using the same snippy tone that she had back in the theatre, when she was first approached by Salvatore, "In case you haven't noticed, we're going head first into some pretty heavy shit. I'd rather make sure that we know what we're dealing with before we throw any wild accusations at the inhabitants of this town!"

Kathleen couldnt help but laugh.She coninued for a bit before responding. "Thanks for the laugh" She exclaimed before getting serious again," To get serious. I think the main tree in town suare has somthing to do with it and also there places" Kathleen pointed to the main square before commencing to point to 3 circles imbetween the torn wall and the start for the turn back feeling.

"Oh. That tree? The one with the silverish leaves? I think I climbed that one before. Long story." She paused, trying to remember every single detail about the tree. It often smelled of a strange floral scent. The leaves seemed to glow at night. It had a sweetheart thingy carved onto it. "Hey, guys? isn't there a heart carved there by a couple? The one that says E+L? I've always wondered how they carved it on without anyone noticing it."

"Don't know anyone like that," Salvatore said gruffly, surprised that the Glaceon had spoken up at all. He had forgotten she was even there. "I'm not really one for... gossip." He spat the word out like it was poison.
He took a swig of the brew before firmly placing it between his feet, sloshing hot coffee over his hand. So far, all that had been confirmed to him was the fact that the lot of them were bound to his retched place like birds in a bird cage. He cracked his knuckles and reached for a square, white napkin, resting it on his knee.
The tip of Salvatore's tongue peered out from his mouth as he concentrated on his drawing. He was no Van Gogh, but the quick sketch detailed one of the featureless Gijinka that he had seen when he closed his eyes at night.
"I keep seeing..." He held up his canvas, lost in trying to find a word to describe it. "...these in my dreams. I swears that I know what they's are, but I can't place my finger on it. Look familiar?"